8.3

1. Nov 6, 2013
    This is the definitive open-world game. Rockstar have yet again set the bar for open-world games, along with their gameplay, and their story. Getting 100% is an achievement and this is something you'll definitely be playing for hours.

GTA V is a technical achievement for open-world games. How they managed to cram all that detail into an open-world game, on two current-gen consoles approaching 8 years old just boggles my mind. The draw distance itself is all you need to see to realize what this game shows in it's technical heights. The story shows us not one, but three main protagonists, all with their own unique abilities, which makes roaming the vast map given to you a different adventure with each character. The missions all have variety, so it'll never feel like you're doing the same thing twice, even though you are on the rare occasion. The autosave functionality is great, and mission checkpoints are now (as I've heard) improved from previous games. The best new additions are easily the new Heists. These are big missions you pull off, which can be taken in two different ways (usually either loud and dumb or more undercover and smart), which allows you to play the heist from two different approaches. These are also the only real effective way to make income in the game, but the final heist will pay off, no doubt.

GTA Online is also a great achievement. It manages to retain the freedom and choice of the open-world in GTA V and translate that into the online world in near-mint condition. Running around and holding up stores, putting the pedal to the metal in races, shooting out in deathmatches, getting into a deadly 5-star chases with the police, attempting to grab yourselves a jet from Fort Zancudo, just messing around in the open-world, and even just relaxing in your apartments are a ton of fun, and as is with most multiplayer games, GTA Online is best played with a headset and a group of friends. All the important major bugs are a thing of the past now, and once you get into it, it's a great game. And it's only going to get better with the content creator, heists, and more all coming for free in updates. A few technical hiccups and bad design choices are all that keep GTA Online from being the perfect online experience. GTA Online alone feels worth the asking price of £40 £50.

Overall, I wouldn't call this game the best game ever (and that's probably just down to my personal favorite game genres), but it is without a doubt a nominee for Game of the Year, and even Game of the Decade. If you even remotely like open-world games, this will be a delight to sink your teeth into.
  2. Feb 3, 2014
    Wow , people really rate gta v 0 ? That's just some **** . This game , just few so fresh , amazingly fun , and you would find so many new ways to entertain yourself in this huge and detailed world. Even if you're not a fan of sandbox , this game must be in your collection.
  3. Oct 9, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V shines as the greatest Grand Theft Auto game to date, and one of the greatest games of all time.

GTA V has a rich storyline and narrative, coupled with excellently written characters that are each unique in their personalities and motivations. The gameplay is top notch, shooting borrows elements from the already top notch Max Payne 3 formula, and driving is the best it has ever been in a Grand Theft Auto game. Rockstar has been known to satirize American life and culture, but in 2013, during a time of hyper partisan political environments, niche cultures and movements, and a vapid pop culture media, GTA V shines in it's ability to poke fun at issues, both small and large.

Grand Theft Auto V is truly one of the most fun, and greatest games of our current generation. Rockstar games continues to shine in it's ability to create brilliant and mindbogglingly fun video games.
  4. Nov 4, 2013
    Ami este juego me encanta ha sido como un estallido de graficos super buenosen la cara la historia no me aburria como en gta sa nose perque la historia de gta sa me aburria pero el caso esta me ha parecido muy intensa i divertida i el online bueno hubo problas pero ahora todo esta bien
  5. Sep 28, 2013
    This game is like movie,in fact, as a set of films. This game have so much epic moments, so epic that you cant belive when you see it. When i see the scene from movie no country for old man, i say damn, this game keep surprising me. This game has its flawsm technical problems, but they cant spoil the overall impression. The most epic thing here is freedom, you can do it same thing on manyThis game is like movie,in fact, as a set of films. This game have so much epic moments, so epic that you cant belive when you see it. When i see the scene from movie no country for old man, i say damn, this game keep surprising me. This game has its flawsm technical problems, but they cant spoil the overall impression. The most epic thing here is freedom, you can do it same thing on many ways. Bad thing about this game, so far, because i didnt finish yet (i dont want to haha) is that thing "i want more", for example why only few bonuty mission or only few assassinate mission? In my opinion it need to better exploit the potential of this game, more side mission, more everything, it is never enough. Imagine become true mafia boss, hire bodyguards and drivers, protect your business, deliver drugs, guns and so on, AFTER THE GAME IS FINISH, so you can keep playing and do stuff after main story is finish. That thing that missing in all games today is their "lifetime". Also i think this game must come to PC, because that players should not be withhold. This is certainly the game of the year, who still have room for improvement! Expand
  6. Dec 2, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto 5 was an amazing experience. This game was almost everything you could ask for in a GTA game. It's major fault, is the horrible soundtrack, the worst soundtrack in a GTA game in a very, very long time.
  7. Sep 28, 2013
    The best game since a long time, and for a long time I guess! I just Wonder what they will be able to improve in GTA VI, except the rendering engine!
    Also, I can't wait to be able to play it on PC with all the mods!
  8. Oct 12, 2013
    Si este tipo de videojuegos va a comenzar con la nueva generación de consolas, estoy totalmente impresionado. Recuerden que esto es solo mi opinión, o sea, que este fue el mejor título de Grand Theft Auto de todos los tiempos y uno de los mejores juegos de la historia. Ojalá que Rockstar siga realizando joyas como ésta y su gran historia como sus personajes simpáticos (y a veces arcaicos)Si este tipo de videojuegos va a comenzar con la nueva generación de consolas, estoy totalmente impresionado. Recuerden que esto es solo mi opinión, o sea, que este fue el mejor título de Grand Theft Auto de todos los tiempos y uno de los mejores juegos de la historia. Ojalá que Rockstar siga realizando joyas como ésta y su gran historia como sus personajes simpáticos (y a veces arcaicos) sigan en nuestras memorias hasta el final. Grand Theft Auto V es uno de esos (simplemente) videojuegos adictivos y apasionantes que no querrás soltar jamás. Expand
  9. Sep 30, 2013
    Business as usual, great game but not as great as expected. With all the hype going around for months, with the claims of bringing the most expensive game ever produced, many people may have expected more than was delivered here.

I am satisfied, it´s a true GTA with an even more immersing Open World feeling, it´s violent, it provides enough freedom of choice, and it´s really fun to play.

I like this game, but I can fully understand why over-hyped people may be a little disappointed now. If you love the series, you will love this game, too or even more. If you expect the holy grail of computer gaming, please lower your expectations before buying it.
  10. Oct 9, 2013
    GTA V is possibly one of the greatest games ever made. I was disappointed with GTA IV, but this game makes up for it. The cut scenes are superb, the voice acting, the city, everything was just detailed. Rockstar really stepped up their game with GTA V. If you haven't gotten your copy yet, what are you waiting for?!
  11. Oct 9, 2013
    Playstation 3 and XBox 360 are going out with a bang, not a whimper. Definitely not a whimper. With Grand Theft Auto V, nothing could be a better bang before the next generation of consoles line the shelves of stores everywhere.

In GTA V, you play as 3 different characters, a first for the series (unless you count the multiple characters from GTA 1). There's Michael, an ex criminal who is living out his days with a wife who hates (and cheats) him, and kids who don't see him as a father figure, and barely even know him. Then there's Trevor, Michael's old partner in crime, who at first seems outright insane, but slowly reveals a deeper personality past all of the brutality. Finally, there's Franklin, a guy who works a low-paying job repossessing vehicles while dreaming of becoming a master criminal, breaking the vaults of the biggest banks. Each character has their own unique personality traits, and despite what most reviews say of this game, I grew attached to Michael and Trevor over the course of the storyline. Franklin, however, seems to take a back seat, being used as a means to push the story forward instead of adding a lot of input. That's not to say he isn't a good character, he just seems a lot less developed than the other two guys.

The game starts of with a botched job. You play as Michael and Trevor, making their escape after a big heist. This serves as a tutorial mission, introducing you to the shooting and cover mechanics of the game, which have drastically improved over GTA IV. The soft lock is still too forgiving, so if you're looking for more of a challenge, turn it off, but other than that minor gripe, the game plays just like Max Payne 3, flawless aiming and all. After a short shootout with police, Michael is shot and Trevor manages to escape. Fast foward years later, and you are in Franklin's shoes, going about his daily life. It doesn't take long for Trevor and Michael to be reintroduced, leading to all three teaming up to take on dangerous, well-paying heists. This game barely has a concrete plot, instead playing out like a TV show, where character interactions override most of the narrative connecting them all together. This is a minor problem, since half of the missions seem to have no real direction, instead being just random jobs here and there. After the real plot is revealed, the game starts to pick up, but until then, it just feels like a whole lot of nothing.

Mission structure has changed. A lot. There is a checkpoint system in place now, and it is a little too forgiving. The checkpoints are placed way too close to eachother, and if you die more than 3 times, you are given the option to skip a section of the mission and move on to the next segment. Add that to the fact that the game is just too easy to begin with, and there is no real difficulty, making the missions seem a little more like chores to get to the next cutscene. The mission variety is great, thanks to the character swapping mechanic, so the actual missions feel pretty diverse, but, again, difficulty really makes a lot of them feel underwhelming.

The addition of heists doesn't really reach full potential either. Instead of open-ended missions, you get to choose between stealthy or action based approaches. After selecting one or the other, you have to go on a few scavenging missions to get all of the equipment you need to complete the heist. They are very, very short, which makes half of the missions seem like nothing. The heist itself is usually very linear, where you either start out unnoticed and then it turns into a shootout, or its just a shootout every time. They're okay for what they are, but they could have been so much more.

Graphically, GTA V is amazing for console standards. Great character models, damage modeling on vehicles, animations, environments, objects, everything. It all look very well done. There is, of course, pop-in and framerate drops, but they don't seriously impact the game (though, sometimes you can die from pop-in if you are flying too fast and a tree hasn't loaded yet). The excellent graphical direction makes the game come alive. The sound design is very, very well done as well. Great dialogue, voice acting, weapon sounds, you name it, its good. I personally didn't care for the radio stations too much, and the lack of custom music on PS3 is a major gripe, but its certainly doable.

There's still so much to say, but I'm running out of room to say it. So, I'll leave it at this. GTA V is nowhere near a perfect game. It's an amazing one, but things like easy difficulty and story pacing bring it down just below the 10 mark. It's well worth the money, and I can't thank Rockstar enough for going back to the customization freedom we had with San Andreas. Man, I haven't even talked about Los Santos itself in this review! That's how big this game is! If you enjoy mature games (emphasis on mature) with great characters and action, GTA V is the game for you.
  12. Apr 11, 2016
    Michael, Franklin y Trevor, tres tipos muy distintos unidos por el destino. Ver Los Santos desde lo alto es sólo uno de los grandes espectáculos de GTAV. Un mundo vivo, complejo y gigantesco! GTAV es simplemente espectacular!!!
  13. Oct 11, 2013
    Game play is awesome, the car small things in the game are so well done. From holding up a shop to having a crazy free for all online the game is very well done. Only down side I found was the glitches when the game first came out but 3 updates later and the game play online and off line have vastly improved.
  14. Oct 11, 2013
    This game is so fun so many things to do in this game for the player. Switching characters is just awesome best GTA game i have ever played and for rockstar to top this will be very hard P.S Cant wait for the next GTA
  15. Oct 14, 2013
    Best game I have ever played, do not really need to say anything else to that, if there was something higher than a 10 I would give it that. The city feels alive, the graphics are insane, which is surprising considering I am a PC gamer myself. The story and gameplay are very good. Rockstar have learnt a lot from red dead redemption which is good considering I did not like gta 4 myself. SoBest game I have ever played, do not really need to say anything else to that, if there was something higher than a 10 I would give it that. The city feels alive, the graphics are insane, which is surprising considering I am a PC gamer myself. The story and gameplay are very good. Rockstar have learnt a lot from red dead redemption which is good considering I did not like gta 4 myself. So for anyone that did not like the previous gta dont worry! because its nothing like it! Expand
  16. Nov 6, 2013
    So 1 out of 5 people here didn't like this game...So I am wondering what's going to take to put a smile on their gloomy faces...I would like to thank all the talented people contributed making the most fun game ever created by human beings...I mean you just wander here and there not doing anything special, just absorbing the atmosphere and getting all kinds of responses from bystandersSo 1 out of 5 people here didn't like this game...So I am wondering what's going to take to put a smile on their gloomy faces...I would like to thank all the talented people contributed making the most fun game ever created by human beings...I mean you just wander here and there not doing anything special, just absorbing the atmosphere and getting all kinds of responses from bystanders is enough to put a huge smile on your face...It's those tiny details that make it such a magnificent experience...There isn't one dull moment, wherever you go you know that no one would tolerate any crap out of you....It's just amazing to try out to pull all kinds of creative behavior just to see what is the reaction towards you...There are thousands of bystanders and each one has his unique personality...fantastic experience...Bliss...Since this game is all about capitalism I am wishing for all the people who contributed their effort and talents to be filthy rich for the rest of their lives...Just keep them coming... Expand
  17. Jan 23, 2014
    This is the best GTA I've ever played with GTA San Andreas, GTA V is simply incredible, graphics, fun, history, details,new things, etc... The perfect game
  18. Oct 17, 2013
    I'll start with the single player. When I heard about having to play as 3 different characters and switching between them I felt like it'd be a hassle and didn't like the idea of it. After playing through the game though I can say I was wrong, I really liked all of the characters and actually started developing a connection for them. Overall the missions were pretty fun, yes it has someI'll start with the single player. When I heard about having to play as 3 different characters and switching between them I felt like it'd be a hassle and didn't like the idea of it. After playing through the game though I can say I was wrong, I really liked all of the characters and actually started developing a connection for them. Overall the missions were pretty fun, yes it has some boring moments but Rockstar really did well creating a fun single player experience.

Rockstar added a lot more depth to GTA V online mode in comparison to GTA IV. They basically took single player and turned it into a leveling/progression system. Level up and make money doing various jobs to unlock weapons/gear/customization/etc. As much as I do indeed like this, I would have liked to see another separate free mode that was just like GTA IV. Just to really goof around in from time to time.

Overall it is indeed the game of the year, and a must buy for sure.
  19. Jan 2, 2014
    The best game of the generation in my opinion, the world is masive and diverse, the 3 different stories are so perfect, the heists,the prologue and the others 67 mission (69 in total) complete very good the history mode and GTA Online complete the GTA V experience.
  20. Oct 18, 2013
    After spending hours on end and investing myself in many of activities that Los Santos has to offer, I have came to a conclusion that GTA V is the best game ever created.
    When you start the game, the games performance looks fantastic, the cut scenes and graphics look so advanced and beautiful you'll be asking yourself "How can this happen?"
    But the gameplay is were GTA V really stands
    But the gameplay is were GTA V really stands out. The driving and shooting have been massively improved and it can be very addicting, even the sports you can do are fun!
    There is so much to do and even the online serves part of that! Overall, it is a masterpiece. 10/10 for Grand Theft Auto V
    JCharlton
  21. Oct 20, 2013
    "Grand Theft Auto V" One Of Rockstar North's Best Exclusive"

"Grand Theft Auto V" One Of Rockstar North's Best Exclusive"

Grand Theft Auto Five is one of the most best open world free-roam games, with an exciting introduction, interesting storyline and excellent gameplay. In the sprawling city of Los Santos there's many activities to take part in such as playing tennis, bike riding, robbing a liquor store and of course visiting a strip club. With The Three Main Protagonists, Michael the most successful bank robber, Franklin a young street hustler and Trevor the less heard about him the better. Switching characters throughout the game on missions and in free-roam is awesome and one of the good things about the game. With your money there's plenty of stuff to buy, see and do like making investments, spending it on clothes, customizing your car and also spending your money on Prostitutes (What We Always Would Do). There are Good & Bad stuff about the game, first the Good: Driving around Los Santos always feels good, Characters are very entertaining and a game which is hard to get bored at. The Bad: Story Is Short. Grand Theft Auto V is guaranteed to be one of the best games of the Generation and a very well done to Rockstar North for the development. I recommend this game 100% to any gamer and its a 10 Out Of 10 Game.
  22. Oct 21, 2013
    I do really like characters and gameplay. I'm giving 9, because GTA Online really need some work while creating game and how to play "story" missions.
    Other than that awesome game!
  23. Add
    Oct 21, 2013
    Great game and a ton of fun. It's hard not to enjoy a GTA and this time the characters and performances are a great addition. Still lacks a soul but really not missing that since its just so fun. After The Last of Us though I find myself wanting something deeper in video games. But I can't fault GTA for that. It's supposed to be fun and entertaining and that is exactly what it is. Trevor'sGreat game and a ton of fun. It's hard not to enjoy a GTA and this time the characters and performances are a great addition. Still lacks a soul but really not missing that since its just so fun. After The Last of Us though I find myself wanting something deeper in video games. But I can't fault GTA for that. It's supposed to be fun and entertaining and that is exactly what it is. Trevor's performance is brilliant. Game is so detailed and fine tuned. Awesome from start to finish and always a good time guaranteed. Expand
  24. Oct 21, 2013
    What is interesting about Grand Theft Auto V is that it seems to have been created without acknowledging what other sandbox games have added to the genre: customizing a character (literally, from the ground up), evolving game play, and choice-based game play. While Grand Theft Auto V hits a lot of high marks, in almost every area, the only issue I have is that Saints Row IV, Infamous, andWhat is interesting about Grand Theft Auto V is that it seems to have been created without acknowledging what other sandbox games have added to the genre: customizing a character (literally, from the ground up), evolving game play, and choice-based game play. While Grand Theft Auto V hits a lot of high marks, in almost every area, the only issue I have is that Saints Row IV, Infamous, and Skyrim are more fun to play. And in the end, I don't want a simulator of Southern California. I want a simulation of a world that doesn't exist in my own reality. Expand
  25. Oct 24, 2013
    Wow! It's super awesome and great game for the Current Generation.

Wow! It's super awesome and great game for the Current Generation.

It is much better than GTA 4...Playing the game is enthusiastically fun and Epic, everything feels refined and realistic such as the Car driving which is now extremely enjoyable. This Game's truly a masterpiece. Everything seems smooth and belonging together, starting from the excellent 3 characters, their personality, their voice, their movements, just everything. The score is brilliant, graphics breathtaking, gameplay over the top ridiculously fun and the amount of hours you spend on the game just flys by. This is not only my favourite in the GTA franchise, but one of my favourite games of all time.
  26. Oct 25, 2013
    Astounding game. Don't take away from any negative or sometimes mixed reviews because they're probably PC gamers being all pissy because they're to cheap to buy the game on console and appreciate the game for the game. This game is good for anyone who games at all. Why are you still reading this review and not out buying it already?
  27. Oct 29, 2013
    The game is so awesome and it's a must to buy.It's a perfect example of how a game should be done.It's hard to find something that doesn't go well in this game but I have something that I didn't ''like'' from this game: those missions from Tonya,even though completely avoidable. The game is way better than GTA IV. GTA IV was just too serious,way too stressful while GTA V is very similarThe game is so awesome and it's a must to buy.It's a perfect example of how a game should be done.It's hard to find something that doesn't go well in this game but I have something that I didn't ''like'' from this game: those missions from Tonya,even though completely avoidable. The game is way better than GTA IV. GTA IV was just too serious,way too stressful while GTA V is very similar to the old GTAs.The characters are amazing and unique,yet when they are together they seem like one person and that's the most awesome thing that Rockstar did with this game, the city is great, you got plenty of things to do the story is fantastic ,the dialogues are written in a brilliant way and they make you laugh all the time.Something that GTA IV didn't have. Grand Theft Auto V is the best game of this gen. The best game that has ever been done..... Expand
  28. Oct 30, 2013
    Great game, it's big, it's beatiful, it has an amazing story line...
    Probably the best game ever released in this generation of consoles, GOTY without a doubt.
  29. Oct 30, 2013
    THE GOOD: This entry in the series fixed literally every issue I had with Grand Theft Auto IV. They fixed the car controls so that they actually control like cars instead of slippery boats. The overall character control is better. Better, more appealing visual look. Better hand combat. Better weapons. The map is a lot better than IV. It has a variety of area types, including mountains,THE GOOD: This entry in the series fixed literally every issue I had with Grand Theft Auto IV. They fixed the car controls so that they actually control like cars instead of slippery boats. The overall character control is better. Better, more appealing visual look. Better hand combat. Better weapons. The map is a lot better than IV. It has a variety of area types, including mountains, countrysides, little towns, and desert. You have the element of choice when you do missions by changing between the 3 characters. Heists are extremely fun too and you can plan them out. Very polished. Few glitches. Large amount of side activities to try including marathons, street races, yoga, golf, and tennis. These activities have surprisingly responsive controls and good physics. Interesting story. Michael, Franklin, and Trevor are the most interesting characters in GTA history. An extreme attention to detail covers this game. An extremely large amount of customization to cars is available. The 3 characters also have a lot of clothes, haircuts and tattoos that can be applied to them. There are 3 alternate endings to the game, which adds a large amount of replay value. You can spend hours and hours on the single-player alone. They also fixed the cheat code system so that they are much easier to use and access. The online multiplayer has had issues at launch but they are not too annoying. The online component of the game allows much more customization of your own character. You can still freely explore the open-world and do every activity that the single-player has, but you can get a real challenge online. There are traditional team deathmatch gunfights that you can participate in, along with a variety of vehicle races. Both the single player and the online are truly great experiences. This game will only get better as they fix online issues and add more content, including huge story DLC packs.

THE BAD: There are a few small issues. There are still a few occasional pop-in textures, but luckily they are not game-breaking like they were in GTAIV. While there is a lot of customization, it is still not as customizable as many games are in the Saints Row series. Online can occasionally be buggy, as sometimes AI-controlled vehicles and citizens act strange or can disappear completely.

This game is one of the best games of this generation and is an absolute MUST-BUY.
  30. Oct 31, 2013
    Melhor GTA já feito. Finalmente um que superou o GTA San Andreas (os outros também eram excelentes, como o IV por exemplo, mas o San Andreas foi muito épico) o jogo está incrível, história muito bem contada, gráficos extraordinários, nem da pra acreditar que são dessa geração ainda, cenário amplo e muito bem feito, sem contar que tem todas as tradições que GTA sempre teve (rádios muitoMelhor GTA já feito. Finalmente um que superou o GTA San Andreas (os outros também eram excelentes, como o IV por exemplo, mas o San Andreas foi muito épico) o jogo está incrível, história muito bem contada, gráficos extraordinários, nem da pra acreditar que são dessa geração ainda, cenário amplo e muito bem feito, sem contar que tem todas as tradições que GTA sempre teve (rádios muito interessantes, carros das mesmas marcas etc). Recomendadíssimo, compra obrigatória para quem tem um PS3 ou um Xbox 360.
    -------------------------

Best GTA ever made. Finally one that surpassed GTA San Andreas (the others were also excellent, as the IV for example, but San Andreas was pretty epic) the game is amazing, very well told story, stunning visuals, neither of you believe this generation are still broad picture and very well done, not to mention that it has all the traditions that GTA always had (very interesting radios, cars of the same brands etc). Recomendadíssimo, must for anyone who has a PS3 or an Xbox 360.
  31. Nov 3, 2013
    The Game is BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!.Such a huge area to explore,three characters,beautiful graphics and scenery.......What more can u ask for.You Can Customize Your Car in many different ways,upgrade its perfomance. GTA online had a few problems at launch but now they have it up and running.Character Creation also available(GTA Online).Brilliant!!!!.Plus They have cheats inbuilt for people whoThe Game is BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!.Such a huge area to explore,three characters,beautiful graphics and scenery.......What more can u ask for.You Can Customize Your Car in many different ways,upgrade its perfomance. GTA online had a few problems at launch but now they have it up and running.Character Creation also available(GTA Online).Brilliant!!!!.Plus They have cheats inbuilt for people who want to have fun or find it difficult. So many different activities available.Top Spin and PGA Golf engines make it better. It Deserves to be the Game of the year 2013.In All Excellent game and a must own for all gamers. Expand
  32. Mar 21, 2014
    I have always been a fan of the Grand Theft Auto series and this is a good addition. Unfortunately, it lacks in some parts. For instance, Grand Theft Auto IV had amazing and realistic car physics. GTA V on the other hand downgrades them. That's right, one of the biggest things in a Grand Theft Auto game, was ruined in this game.
    My second point is that the single player is a bit lacking.
    My second point is that the single player is a bit lacking. The characters are not relatable or interesting, the loading times on switching characters takes WAY too long, the story is short, the single player gets boring after you complete the short story, and the story isn't even that great!
    The final reason this gets an 8 instead of a 10 is the online portion. In the past, it was just free roam, but with other people. Now, it's an unbalanced online RPG. I join a game with 5 people in it 100 levels a head of me. This makes the online portion unfair. New players are greeted with a singular semi-auto pistol and a crappy sports car; and they have to go up against a guy wearing nothing but underwear and a pig mask who also happen to have 3 miniguns shoved up their arse, an infinite supply of the most expensive sports cars in the game, a money supply that could buy the country of Germany, and the worst of all, sticky bombs. The online portion is just completely unbalanced, especially the newer players.
    Those reasons and probably more to come are why this game gets an 8 out of 10.
  33. Nov 4, 2013
    This game is by no means perfect, but it's the closest I've experienced as of 2013. The sheer amount of activities to partake in throughout the game is exceptional. The graphics are simply breathtaking, every single part of the map has incredible attention to detail. The story offers a great balance of action and comedy, while the characters are for the most part, believable and fit inThis game is by no means perfect, but it's the closest I've experienced as of 2013. The sheer amount of activities to partake in throughout the game is exceptional. The graphics are simply breathtaking, every single part of the map has incredible attention to detail. The story offers a great balance of action and comedy, while the characters are for the most part, believable and fit in well with the world around them. The radio contains a great variety of music genres that will please most players and the OST is very well done. Game-play wise GTA V does driving, shooting and exploration extremely well, though some mini-games such as tennis, darts or golf tend to be less interesting (though this is down to the players personal interests and they are completely optional). Aside from the odd glitch here or there and frustrating moments while driving, this is an amazing game and definitely one you should play. The fact it comes with a huge online world to mess around in only adds to the experience. Expand
  34. Nov 5, 2013
    A masterpiece to the fullest definition of the term. GTAV has a brilliant sense of humor. The game plays like a combination of the best of the rest of Rockstars games. Online was done right this time and will have you ranking up, stacking cash, buying properties, and laughing at all the multiplayer mayhem that randomly ensues. A true milestone in gaming and art in any medium.
  35. Nov 6, 2013
    Best game that has been released! Makes a lot of fun and everything is beautifully done. The story gives a lot of fun and gives you a lot of time of fun. Highly recommend to all, it is really worth to play again recommend;)
  36. Nov 6, 2013
    I found this game to be in pretty good taste. I enjoyed the story and how it revolves around 3 protagonist that come from different places in their lives and how they come together for a common purpose. The side missions in the story mode can become repetitive but overall they were decent. This game shines in the main story and its online component was clever but missed the mark because ofI found this game to be in pretty good taste. I enjoyed the story and how it revolves around 3 protagonist that come from different places in their lives and how they come together for a common purpose. The side missions in the story mode can become repetitive but overall they were decent. This game shines in the main story and its online component was clever but missed the mark because of its bugs. Overall this game gets a 9 in my book because the story was fun and the online, once fixed, will be a very fun addition to the GTA world Expand
  37. Nov 7, 2013
    Holy Crap. What an awesome game. Story deserves an Academy Award. Fantastic characters and very involving plot. Witty writing and tense atmospheric moments. Great gameplay. Sometimes, maps of this size can be somewhat reminiscent of a corridor in a Scooby Doo cartoon where it seems endless but filled with repetitions of the same recycled landscapes. Los Santos however, appears seamlessHoly Crap. What an awesome game. Story deserves an Academy Award. Fantastic characters and very involving plot. Witty writing and tense atmospheric moments. Great gameplay. Sometimes, maps of this size can be somewhat reminiscent of a corridor in a Scooby Doo cartoon where it seems endless but filled with repetitions of the same recycled landscapes. Los Santos however, appears seamless with effortless transitions through country and cityscapes. Rockstar have simply nailed it. Expand
  38. Nov 7, 2013
    This game is fun and addictive i recommend playing this with your friends. Online would be better if you wait a shorter amount of time for people to join your lobby when hosting. 9/10
  39. Nov 7, 2013
    I don't see how anyone can give a negative review on this one... GTA V is simply the best of all put into one. Even if you do finish100% of the campaign you'll still have a beautiful open world game to play. Gameplay is better than it's ever been and the amount of stuff you can do it's so massive it deserves an essay. Thanks rockstar!
  40. Nov 8, 2013
    For sure one of the best games ever, great story, great gameplay, great multiplayer The company suffered through bugs in multiplayer, but their attention did not disappoint the fans
  41. Nov 10, 2013
    no doudt gta v is a great game one of the best I ve played the story mode was awesome the graphics were great voice acting very convincing...gameplay-wise it is also top class the driving is much improved the beat ups are preety nice i ve never really been a big fan of the shooting in this game but it never ruins the experience for me....mission were entertaining (mostly the heists) and inno doudt gta v is a great game one of the best I ve played the story mode was awesome the graphics were great voice acting very convincing...gameplay-wise it is also top class the driving is much improved the beat ups are preety nice i ve never really been a big fan of the shooting in this game but it never ruins the experience for me....mission were entertaining (mostly the heists) and in general i never found myself bored the game had me always interested....the online was a disappointment at fists (thank god it never deleted a character of mine) but its ok now its fun but i had more fun on the offline mode than the online overall a top game that deserves the sales it had Expand
  42. Nov 10, 2013
    Dont listen when people say that this game is "overhyped". This game is simple incredible. The map, the gameplay, characters, the....everything.

Disregard the people giving bad scores for the buggy online (which was fixed) or that its not out for pc yet, or that it is only for current gen consols.
  43. Jul 27, 2015
    This game is so fun and hilarious. Graphic are very realistic and the environments: city, forest, desert, and the city are very eye pleasing. I love the 3 main playable characters and hope R* will keep this for future GTA installments. This game isn't about beating and encouraging abuse towards females like its being accused of. There isnt much to say with out spoiling: the story isThis game is so fun and hilarious. Graphic are very realistic and the environments: city, forest, desert, and the city are very eye pleasing. I love the 3 main playable characters and hope R* will keep this for future GTA installments. This game isn't about beating and encouraging abuse towards females like its being accused of. There isnt much to say with out spoiling: the story is awesome, the characters you play as are likable to some degree, and the easter eggs are so random. After the main story is done there are plenty of side quests and activities to do.
    The online mode is great but I wish character creater was better with more customization options. I know the main story area had less buildings to enter because they were saved for the online mode.
  44. Nov 20, 2013
    Jugabilidad: El juego es divertido, entretenido y engancha, por lo tanto, perfecto. Tecnología: Tiene muy pocos errores, es muy fluido y los tiempos de carga son cortos, genial teniendo en cuenta sus dimensiones jugables. Gráficos: Son excelentes, pero algunas cosas me decepcionaron, como por ejemplo las imágenes de fotos en ventanas de casas y tiendas para fingir interiores...peroJugabilidad: El juego es divertido, entretenido y engancha, por lo tanto, perfecto. Tecnología: Tiene muy pocos errores, es muy fluido y los tiempos de carga son cortos, genial teniendo en cuenta sus dimensiones jugables. Gráficos: Son excelentes, pero algunas cosas me decepcionaron, como por ejemplo las imágenes de fotos en ventanas de casas y tiendas para fingir interiores...pero supongo que al ser un juego con un mapeado tan inmenso no se lo tendré en cuenta. Sonido; Este es el apartado donde más lo criticaré, es lamentable que no esté traducido, pero lo es mucho mas por subtitularlo de una forma tan penosa, apenas se distinguen las letras y menos en mitad de las persecuciones. Innovación: Muchísimo mejor que el aburrido IV, con mucha variedad y muy innovador, es el mejor juego que he podido disfrutar junto a The Last Of Us y Tomb Raider. Espectacular e imprescindible. Expand
  45. Mar 3, 2014
    Okay now that I finished the game I will give my review on it. This is 10 times better than GTA 4. I felt like Rockstar learned their lesson and they made this game turned out to be really awesome. I loved the idea of switching characters and each of them having their own story. But here are my downsides. The ending was a little rubbish. Could've been better but its still a good ending andOkay now that I finished the game I will give my review on it. This is 10 times better than GTA 4. I felt like Rockstar learned their lesson and they made this game turned out to be really awesome. I loved the idea of switching characters and each of them having their own story. But here are my downsides. The ending was a little rubbish. Could've been better but its still a good ending and I don't want to spoil it. Also you couldn't buy any safe houses. I mean each character has their own house but come on I wanted them to get better homes. But overall this is the best game I've played so far. I give it a 9.5/10 Expand
  46. Aug 12, 2014
    This game is just awesome! It is like Read Dead Redemption in many ways, but for me it is more funny, there are so many things to do, map is so huge and so varied. All three characters are fine. Ok, I hate Trevor!
  47. May 6, 2014
    Ok I doubted the idea of having 3 main characters to play as but after playing it when it came out it seemed to work perfectly. The gameplay is very good, the graphics are great, Attention to Detail is just breathtaking and GTA Online is fairly good now as well. This is definitely a lot better than GTA 4 in my opinion and was certainly one of the best games of 2013
  48. Dec 30, 2013
    Perfect Game. Fun, open, hilarious, enough said.

I have played every Grand theft auto game and this is the most brilliant and open game ever created. This game is amazingly fun and should me a model to others on how to make a game.
  49. Oct 8, 2014
    Simply put, this game is awesome because of its likeable characters, fun gameplay mechanics, the over the top campaign, the amazing graphics, and the variety of guns and vehicles.
  50. Mar 12, 2014
    If you want a game where you're unbound by the rules of the society with a sh*t load of money, guns, fast cars, planes and boats, this is the best you're going to get at the moment. You're literally thrown into one of the biggest video game maps and given the freedom to do whatever you want. The story itself is really interesting and the missions are just pure gold. The only complaint IIf you want a game where you're unbound by the rules of the society with a sh*t load of money, guns, fast cars, planes and boats, this is the best you're going to get at the moment. You're literally thrown into one of the biggest video game maps and given the freedom to do whatever you want. The story itself is really interesting and the missions are just pure gold. The only complaint I have is that I could play through the game quite fast, but there are lot of side missions to do after that. The controls are almost perfect, responsive and make the gameplay fast, smooth and thrilling at times. Even though the consoles are really old, GTA V somehow manages to pull out power to make this game really beautiful. The only thing I have to complain is that once you've done pretty much everything, you have to make your own fun because the game doesn't offer anything interesting.

Overall, it's one of the best games of this generation but don't expect the fun to last after you've done everything there's to do.
  51. Feb 19, 2014
    What can I say about GTA that has not already been said, It has a giant open world with tones of stuff to do, 3 characters that Trever is the best and more activities then any other rockstar game out there, if you have not played this or think it is bad there is something wrong with you, pick it put and play it, you will not regret it
  52. Jan 13, 2014
    People please stop rating the game before completing the story! That's like righting a review for a movie or book before it's finished, it just doesn't make sense and isn't fair to the story.
  53. Jan 18, 2014
    To be honest I feel like this game is a taaaaaaad overrated, but still a fantastic game. What else do you expect from GTA?
    The only cons for me:
    -Although there is a lot to do, some of those things aren't that fun (parachuting, rampage missions, ect), but again, this is in MY opinion. -Characters are either love or hate, and to be honest, I hated Trevor and Michael, and loved Franklin.
    The only cons for me:
    -Story wasn't great, but I didn't really expect it to be.

But in the end, GTA is an extremely fun game and is definitely a good buy for $65.
    I would give it a 9, but I want to stress the fact that I didn't find it quite as fun as most people say.
  54. Jan 19, 2014
    This is the best game i've ever played. Graphics are awesome and the story is wonderful.
    Online is very fun to play with friends. All the tiny things and details are awesome as well as secrets and easter eggs!
  55. Jan 23, 2014
    All i can say is that GTA 5 is my favorite game of 2013.
    All i can say is that GTA 5 is my favorite game of 2013.
    The game improve what's missing on the previous GTA games.With Amazing Graphic and Amazing Gameplay,This Game will be the best game of 2013 easily.With GTA 4 only focusing on the graphic and remove some of it's fun content,GTA 5 has all of the content from the previous GTA Games,like Sports,Fun Activity,Hangout with friends and many other stuff and don't listen to some of the PC-Gamers who critised this game just because it's not released on the PC yet.Buy This Game!
  56. Jan 28, 2014
    This is a great game. OK, it's not that original, but it shoudn't be: it is part of a franchise, and as a part of a franchise, the buyer has to know what he/she is getting. If Rockstar ever betrays the style of GTA's, it will be the end of these games. Besides, it changes and adds things as much as it is possible for a GTA. There are little details that could be better: some graphics, asThis is a great game. OK, it's not that original, but it shoudn't be: it is part of a franchise, and as a part of a franchise, the buyer has to know what he/she is getting. If Rockstar ever betrays the style of GTA's, it will be the end of these games. Besides, it changes and adds things as much as it is possible for a GTA. There are little details that could be better: some graphics, as well as the plot and a couple of characters (I never felt so close to Franklin's motivations, and Haines is a very repetitive character compared to others that have appeared in other GTA and Rockstar games), but those are my only complains. Expand
  57. Jan 29, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V, is Rockstar Games latest release title and by golly it is something simple wonderful.
    Right off the bat you can tell many hours of work have been put into this game. It feels and handles like a GTA title should, but It also brings about a multitude of new aspects to the series such as the ability to switch between three different characters who are the anti-heroes of the game (Michael, Trevor and Franklin). This also, not only changes the way you think as a player, but it means that you're having to change the way you tackle a situation too. Maybe you want to control Franklin, while he raids a ship but then realise you can't take out all the men gunning for him, so you can switch to Trevor who is nestled safely some, 200 metres away and scope them out with a sniper. This is only one tiny aspect of the huge plethora that is GTA 5.
    The game-play feels very polished and well done, the controls don't feel sluggish like in some sandbox games. You feel as though you can easily move your player around and he will react to what you're telling him to do. You also get a feel of the immense size of the world you're in. From City, to desert to waterways to industrial areas, to mountain top ranges. The scope is enormous.
    The music offered throughout the series has always amazed me and it does not disappoint in in GTA 5. Just tuning into chatterbox and listening to the Sh*t people say is quite hilarious. That is not the only thing that the world has Rockstar have created has to offer mind you. My suggestion, along with a lot of other people, is to walk from place to place when you can because you take in so much more that is around you. You hear the hum of the building and cars, the chatter of the people who will react to things you do, the noise of the animals around you. It is quite spectacular.
    Once you've finished GTA there is still so,so, so many activities that can be completed. (Hunting, parachuting, hitman, Triathlons.) The list goes on. During my first play through I finished a lot of the side missions before tackling the new story related mission to push the game longer. In a sense, that would be the one thing that let me down in this game, which was it went too quickly. It left me wanting more which is a good thing for a game to do but at the same time I felt a little let down by how quick it was (main story). However, the game does live on through multiplayer which brings about even more fun to be had. It doesn't seem like a cheap ad-on at the last minute either, Rockstar have carefully crafted the multiplayer to suit the game-play of the single player missions.
    Fantastic Series and amazing sequel. Deserves all the hype and spotlight it has received

Game-play 9/10
    Audio 10/10
    Story 9/10
    Replay-ability 10/10
    Graphics 10/10
    ---------------------------
    Overall 10/10
  58. Jan 29, 2014
    I love this game! It is so much more than shoot that guy and then kill that other guy, it is very diverse. I had so much fun with my friends and this game runs smoothly. The graphics are great and the overall gameplay is excellent. This game is a must buy!
  59. Feb 11, 2014
    What a game. The plot is captivating, the gameplay is perfect.

What a game. The plot is captivating, the gameplay is perfect.

GTA V was massively hyped, and it's definitely lived up to everyone's expectation. From the first mission to the end, I couldn't fault the execution of both the storyline and the game itself. Switching between the three characters is flawless. The shooting mechanics are vastly improved from GTA IV. The graphics are beautiful. Los Santos is massive. You will not get bored playing this game. For a game this ambitious there are very few glitches, which is amazing considering the seven year old hardware it is running on.

The only reason I haven't scored this game a perfect ten is because of the online mode. The missions are great, but they become quite repetitive after a while. With many online experiences, it is ruined by the poor servers. The online experience is better now than it was at launch, but it is still difficult to connect to a server a lot of the time.

However, the offline mode is full of things to do. Main story missions, side missions, tennis, darts, golf, flying lessons, street races - quite simply, the game is packed with great activities. Making Trevor Phillips look as much of a hobo as possible is quite fun too!

You can get this game at a good price now so if you haven't played it yet, what are you waiting for? I can't wait for a potential PS4 version - it'll look ace.
  60. Feb 15, 2014
    No doubt it's the greatest game of 2013 and Angry Joe said so as well. This game allows you to play 3 characters and it was perfectly executed. It allows you to explore the game's open world more freely (you can go from one place to another at an instant as soon as you switch characters) and it broadens the scope of the game's action sequences. So if your mission is a 2 or 3 man job (oneNo doubt it's the greatest game of 2013 and Angry Joe said so as well. This game allows you to play 3 characters and it was perfectly executed. It allows you to explore the game's open world more freely (you can go from one place to another at an instant as soon as you switch characters) and it broadens the scope of the game's action sequences. So if your mission is a 2 or 3 man job (one of your characters is the driver and the other one is the shooter for example) you can switch between both characters so you're doing the driving as well as the shooting as oppose to only one. Past GTA games are mostly "go there shoot that" kind of missions but this one is more varied thanks to the game's heist missions (and the bank robbery mission is the most epic). You can choose whether you want to go with Plan A or B and you can choose your own crew mates for the mission. And because you can replay all missions, you can choose to go with a different plan (just to see how it would turn out) if you choose to replay some of the heist missions. In GTA IV, you only get a few choices that alters the story but there are even more choices in GTA V giving you all the more reason to play this game. The open world is well-designed, capturing LA in great detail and it's a much bigger world than GTA IV. You can see the tall buildings from afar very realistically and the graphics as well as art design (while far from The Last of Us) is gorgeous. It's a shame that PC gamers are missing out on epic games like this one. The cars respond better so if you want to speed and turn without crashing, it's a lot easier. I hate the helicopter controls (especially when I land because I keep wobbling) but then again, I was never really good at driving helicopters. Shooting mechanics has also improved as you can lock onto your target much quicker when you auto aim, making the game more fun. While I do like the chemistry between Michael and Franklin, Trevor steals the show. He's a messed-up, psychotic and truly horrible human being but that seems to make him the most interesting character. As soon as you can play Trevor, the other two characters feel more diminished but the characters are well-rounded overall (each one has their showcase and not one feels left out). However, with every praise comes some criticism. Because it's GTA, it's extremely violent and this game is even more so with the inclusion of Trevor (who is very violent) and his Rampage missions where you shoot waves after waves of enemies. Women are reduced to mere sex objects and strippers. This game is obviously intended for mature gamers but it has the ability to appeal to a mass number of gamers (including kids) so if you're a parent who's thinking about buying their kid(s) a brand new game, don't buy this one. There are many other great games out there that are suitable for children. You won't be a bad parent if you buy your kid this game (as I've played GTA when I was a kid and I turned out fine) but you won't be a responsible one either. Does this make my parents irresponsible? Maybe, but they taught me to be responsible for my own actions as well as the difference between right and wrong. Despite some of my criticism, the scope of this game overshadows every flaws making this game another Rockstar/GTA masterpiece. Overall, GTA V is one of the best games, and the perfect closing title, of the seventh generation, I can't wait to see what Rockstar will do next for the eighth generation. I pre-ordered this game so yes, I did pay full price but it was worth every single penny. Pick this game up now if you haven't already, because I know some people who are missing out. Expand
  61. Feb 15, 2014
    I'm not the typical GTA player, in fact this is the first GTA game I've ended. I started it due to the positive critics that it was receiving (I use to play games for their history) and all the people where saying that this game was going to make and after and a before.
    On the beginning I get a little bit disappointed because for me, Franklin is a plane character, he doesn't aport anything interesting to the game. But after having played a few hours I realised that most critics were right.With Michael and Trevor you get to another dimension of madness, fun and pure GTA.
    I think that it isn't necessary to say that I ended the game and I enjoyed It like I've ever done with only a few ones.
    If I had to say something that I didn't like about the game It'll be that the game is too short.
  62. Jun 13, 2014
    Great game! You can only put 10/10! Definitely a masterpiece! It's no wonder this game took many awards! And most importantly, this game will be released on PC this fall;)
  63. Feb 22, 2014
    This game was simply amazing in almost every way possible. The missions were awesome and highly entertaining. The story takes about 18 hours to beat. Also there is so much you can do after you beat the game that you can easily spend 100 hours playing it. Online is also pretty cool even though I thought it would be horrible. Overall, I am amazed by how much you can do in this game!
  64. Apr 10, 2014
    This is the best sandbox game ever made !! lots of vehicles , great story , the possibility to use three characters . After you finish the story there is still lots of things to do in the game . A great game for this generation .
  65. Mar 1, 2014
    By now everybody knows what's so great about this game, and I do believe this is one of the best games I've ever played. However, it does not deserve unadulterated praise. I'll give reasons for this.

(1) a sandbox should allow you much more freedom than this. For instance, why on earth can't you just rob a store, a feature which previous GTA games had?!?! Why can't you kill just anybody?

(2) getting and losing a couple of wanted stars is too easy, and the police can spawn literally in the middle of nowhere; there's no point in going in the middle of the forest and/or to use a suppressor. This is actually quite unrealistic.

(3) they should never have released GTA online before it could work properly. This is a shame for such a hyped product.

That said, it is a great game, and it is most definitely worth its price!! But Rockstar SHOULD take into consideration these things when designing the next title in the franchise.
  66. Jul 5, 2014
    Okay, I spent my time thinking about this. I had come to terms that GTA 5 in fact all Gta's aren't me to be realistic. No it's not, it's meant to be an exaggeration. Of Rockstars opinion of modern day life. They give stereotypes the depth they need, too feel familiar but interesting. Here is my review of Grand Theft Auto V.

Story. Well I'm not going to describe the story, everyone's

Story.
    Well I'm not going to describe the story, everyone's herd of it already. But I'm going to tell you if it's any good. Well it's well written, in depth, lengthy and rich. Personally Michael is my favourite protagonist in gta 5. His touch of thievery expertise is great. His family troubles are realistic. His skill is great. Trevor is okay, but he's too crazy. The writers wanted to make Trevor a statement. I like how he gets the job done and tries to run his own business. Franklin, is not deepest, I don't really care about him. He's not a main character even though he's meant to be as important as the other 2. He's just not. A guy trying to get out of the hood but just shuts up and listens to Michael and Trevor for guidance isn't doing him any good. Overall the story is great, Michael is the real seller here. It has 3 endings but the one dubbed 'death wish' is the best one honestly, don't want to spoil it so I won't say no more.

Graphics.
    Graphics are great, colours are amazing, draw distance, traffic count. Etc

Gameplay
    Pretty much the same as every other gta. Unfountantly. While it isn't bad, it's not very different. Couple of tweaks. Like the driving, nice and arcadey, special abilities like slow mo. but the stealth doesn't work, suppressors and such. You can't crouch. But has hilarious physics that make driving off the cliff of my chilliard a blast.

Sound.
    Cars sound great, with variation. Guns sound great and feel good. Nature sounds good. Radio tracks are as good as ever, with hilarious talk shows. Music for in game missions or cop chases, new addition in gta finally. Sound great and the radio list is as good as ever. Voice acting is well done.

Animations.
    Very well done, crash physics are great.

Content.
    Lots of cars, guns, outfits, to buy. Activities to do like golf, tennis, hiking etc. side missions have a lot of work, like breaking 46 signs only to get like 10 bucks? It's frustrating. I have all these contacts in my phone, but I call and only goes to the voice mail. Hanging out with characters isn't good as 4 because there is a shortage of dialogue. And 4 had abilities unlocked after hanging out with them. So you get to know the characters better and you used to unlock discounted guns or free helicopter rides. But none of that here. Hunting is bad. Why can I skin? And sell pelts. Why in one location only? Why only 4 street races when I can mod my car and stuff. They have all these elements. But feels unfinished or un cared for. But the map is expansive. And it's amazing. Too bad the side missions aren't as useful. Side missions to freak into homes are rob specific stores for a 30 grand payout would be great.

Things I didn't like worth mentioning.
    - no difficulty setting, needs to harder.
    - recycled gameplay
    - stealth doesn't work.
    - side missions are unrewarding.
    - no skinning of animals.

Things I really liked.
    - graphics
    - Map
    - Michael
    - content.
    - music.

Not a bad game. It's a great game for all out carnage. But lacks rewarding side missions like other games (skyrim) and has good elements but great. Or the ones id like.

8/10.
  67. Mar 4, 2014
    GTA rarely makes appearances with it's releases, but when it does, it's sure to make itself viewable. While a masterpiece, GTA V is not perfect. It has it's share of flaws, and people expected way to much from this game. This game gives a gamer everything it wants; from the gameplay, to the beautiful visuals and it's realistic surroundings, this is simply the best Grand Theft Auto game toGTA rarely makes appearances with it's releases, but when it does, it's sure to make itself viewable. While a masterpiece, GTA V is not perfect. It has it's share of flaws, and people expected way to much from this game. This game gives a gamer everything it wants; from the gameplay, to the beautiful visuals and it's realistic surroundings, this is simply the best Grand Theft Auto game to date. Whatever you may have found boring or you simply hated in GTA IV, it's not here any longer. The driving is fun, the world is more beautiful, and there's a lot more to it.

1 - Missions
    A mechanic that made GTA what it is today was it's originality; unlike linear games, the player is free to do whatever is possible in this world. But eventually, you will have to complete the game's missions to complete the game. I feel that with this game, the missions were also better, and worse. Why? The variety offered is simply astonishing. Even through you'll find yourself in a firefight quite often, the scenario is always different, and it always makes a difference between the gunfights. The missions are structured well, and the difficulty is just for the average gamer. Sometimes way too easy, and sometimes just challenging enough that you won't throw the controller out the window. Hardcore GTA fans (including myself) will not find the frustration in missions that is present in GTA: San Andreas. But - the missions are way too scripted. Unlike the prequels, where just like in-between missions, you are offered freedom in missions as well, you won't find that same level of freedom in GTA V. During missions, the game will hold your hand, and if you dare let go; mission failed. There is choice offered; where you can change between characters in missions, and sometimes the character's roles are quite different. But even with that, you won't help but feel that despite such a huge world is offered, you're locked between walls. And let's not forget about the dynamic soundtracks.

2 - Gameplay
    This is what GTA is all about. From stealing a car, to breaking out a gunfight against the cops, the choices are almost limitless. And every one of them is fun... almost. GTA V gets to be the most satisfying experience when it comes to gameplay, and it has it's share of side-missions, unlike GTA IV, which many people complained about. But some of the side-missions are plain pointless, or don't offer fun. An example of this is tennis, or golf. I've found it to be fun for a while, but I don't understand how did it get a place in GTA. Or there's yoga; which is simply put, plain stupid. Nevertheless, you will always find something to do.

3 - Graphics/Map
    It's not a graphical marvel, and I have to say, despite Rockstar giving their best, I still think that their best looking game up to date is Max Payne 3. But that's not to say it's not beautiful. GTA IV was considered a beauty, and when I saw how huge and detailed the map is, I was wondering how Rockstar pulled this off. Despite some areas of the game feeling empty, Los Santos is beautiful, varied, full with different people, and the random events, that can go from a man being robbed of it's money, up to biker gangs kidnapping women, just make the game feel even more lively.

4 - Story
    While certainly not an award-winning story, I personally liked it. The protagonists certainly don't show new, original personalities, but with a game like GTA, it's not needed in my opinion. While GTA IV had a serious, impressive story to follow, GTA V returns to the old times, where it's cheesy, fun, and over the top. And that's exactly how I like my GTA. Without spoiling too much, even if you don't like the story and/or the characters, I have to admit that the story is presented beautifully.

I believe no game is perfect, and that is true, every game has it's faults, but a score given to a game can be perfect. And I think this is one of those games. GTA V gets a 10/10 from me.
  68. Mar 10, 2014
    Grand theft auto took a leap into a different type of story and character development, playing 3 different characters kind of took me out of the story all together, and after I started playing online, I never felt the need to go back, even after 3 months. Still, awesome gameplay, and environment, nothing can touch rock star in that regard.
  69. Apr 18, 2014
    great game, i wonder how to play this game, i have 2 bluray disk, why? i dont want to missed this game until die, so i bought two, just make sure that one is broken i can play another one...
  70. Mar 8, 2014
    2014 and still playing GTA 5.This is R* Head dude now,Online is a blast with friends espicially the jerking move.Campaign is 40-50+ and side is 20-25+.In a nutshell this is a must own game for people who are a fan of gangsters and virtually doing heists.
  71. Mar 15, 2014
    Where do we start with you Grand Theft Auto five. Well. This is an very good game, To say the least, Its not one of those games you ever want to get off and then you anticipate getting back onto each and every weekend, Its just a game you don't want to get away from. Honestly. Lets get raw with this. Lets go for a list with this one, As there is so much more to talk about.
    Graphics: Some
    Graphics: Some of the best I've seen on PS3. Gripping.
    Story: Great, Puts games to shame on its own.
    Shooting: Good. You can flick from Left hand and Right hand, Great for everyone.
    Weapons Wheel: Nice variety, Easy to flick to.
    Driving: Great, LS Customs actually makes a visible difference.
    Clothing: Yes clothing, Good variety.
    Map: Large and fun to explore.
    AI: Best I've seen.
    Cheats and Secrets: Tons and fun. Skyfall and Invincibility are my two favourites, As I literally become an indestructible human missile.
    Voice Acting: Up to par.
    Multiplayer: For me, The best part. Playing GTA as my own character with my mates, Extraordinary.
    Everyone, Please, Look up to this game as your role model. This is THE perfect free roaming game.
    Gentleman.
  72. chw
    Jul 17, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto Five is the best video game I have ever played!! It's full of realism which makes it an incredible video game.
  73. Apr 9, 2014
    This is the best game ever created. Rockstar have completely outdone themselves with GTA V the attention to detail with the story mode is exquisite and a stunning idea that you have the choice to change between three exceptionally thought up characters. The story mode includes variety of realistic occurrences within it. Also Rockstar have not stooped there as they have added online modeThis is the best game ever created. Rockstar have completely outdone themselves with GTA V the attention to detail with the story mode is exquisite and a stunning idea that you have the choice to change between three exceptionally thought up characters. The story mode includes variety of realistic occurrences within it. Also Rockstar have not stooped there as they have added online mode which allows you to enjoy the experience of Grand Theft Auto V with your friends and others around the world. This game includes anything you could ever want for a game and is definitely the best game I have personally ever played and a highly recommend you purchase this game. Expand
  74. Mar 26, 2015
    "Grand Theft Auto V" may not be the best game of our generation but it's truly an amazing one, thanks to its addictive gameplay and richly written characters. Full review soon.
  75. Mar 3, 2015
    Impressive that they can achieve these graphics at such a smooth frame rate, I don't know what the frame rate is, but there is absolutely no stutter on this game at all, not like you see in a game like Assassin's Creed Rogue or other newer games put out recently. Great gameplay, open world fun as always with GTA.
  76. Apr 20, 2014
    grand theft auto games get an instant 8 out of 10 just for all the fun you can have from messing around in them, but characters and story of this game are awesome. Trevor, Michael and Franklin are some of my favorite video game characters especially Trevor. the missions are a lot of fun for the most part and I actually wanted to play through the story unlike grand theft auto 4 where I justgrand theft auto games get an instant 8 out of 10 just for all the fun you can have from messing around in them, but characters and story of this game are awesome. Trevor, Michael and Franklin are some of my favorite video game characters especially Trevor. the missions are a lot of fun for the most part and I actually wanted to play through the story unlike grand theft auto 4 where I just wanted to cause havoc to the city. there is more than meets the eye with this game that's for sure and is in my opinion the best game in the series. Expand
  77. Apr 28, 2014
    Wow. Just Wow. Rockstar Games continues it's legacy with Grand Theft Auto V. It shows us that Rockstar has not lost it's touch in making incredible games. This is by far the best GTA to date and passes up Red Dead Redemption as Rockstar's best game. I don't even need to get into the story or the gameplay. 10/10. Game of the generation. A must buy.
  78. May 1, 2014
    This game is amazing, they fixed most of the problems we had with GTA IV.
    What I liked about GTA V
    1.Rockstar added some of features from the previous GTA's, and other games created 2. Even though they brought back the arcadish driving, it seems better because the car physics aren't boaty like GTA Iv's. I mean the driving GTA V may not be realistic as IV's but it's feels better. 3.
    This game is amazing, they fixed most of the problems we had with GTA IV.
    What I liked about GTA V

3. Being able to control Franklin, Michael, Trevor at once was incredible. It was something I haven't seen Rockstar games do before.
    4. The cinematic game play was something I also never seen Rockstar do with GTA. There really any loading screens on the single player, after it loads up, and the cinematic gameplay make mission awesome.
    5. The NPC's, and the characters, are very responsive.
    6. The interactions.
    7. The customizations with the cars.
    8. The weapons being customizable.
    9. The online, was finally something could enjoy without role playing without police crew. Unlike GTA IV where you just drive around in a freemode bored, you actually get stuff done.
    10. The new LS looks amazing, and the whole entire map is huge and beautiful .
    11. The updates

There are few things I didn't like about GTA V.
    1. Not being able to enter buildings.
    2. Maybe I liked GTA V more than San Andreas including the map, but they could of added SF LV.
    3. The launch of the online, even though it wasn't as bad as battlefield 4's, they should of seen this coming.

My conclusion:
    GTA V has become my favorite GTA. I really hope rockstar, keeps up the good work. I know little bit of San Andreas fanboys wanted a San Andreas clone, (As usual) but this rules. I still like SA, but I like V more.
  79. May 27, 2014
    Einfach nur großartig, was R* da abliefert. Detaillierte spielwelt, gute Protagonisten, und einen Umfangreichen Multiplayer, der aber von der Community, ziemlich versaut wird.
  80. Jun 17, 2014
    I`ve played the PS3 version at a friend`s house,which made me want to buy a console just for that game.But,when i heard it comes to the glorious PC,i`ll raise some money for the Collector`s Edition.So,Rockstar North,shut up and take my money.
    P.S.: I wonder why they did not launch the game on the PC last year...Lucky console gamers...
  81. May 12, 2014
    I really did like the story, but I thought the story was way too short. The online was amazing and makes up for the short story easily. You get a lot more customization than Grand Theft Auto 4 offered.
  82. Sep 17, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One of the best series in gaming history and this journey really deserved to be a part of it! I really enjoyed all characters and the activity this game has to offer. 10/10, it really deserved. Peace, dog! :) Expand
  83. May 20, 2014
    after spending what feels like months on this game i can say i really like this game if i could i would have given it 8.5 for a few reasons one the story is a little bit meh i thought there was going to be more heists and a lot of the other missions feel like its just build up to a heist and two im sorry but online is just boring and crap but some positives the heists that do happen areafter spending what feels like months on this game i can say i really like this game if i could i would have given it 8.5 for a few reasons one the story is a little bit meh i thought there was going to be more heists and a lot of the other missions feel like its just build up to a heist and two im sorry but online is just boring and crap but some positives the heists that do happen are awsome trevor is awsome the driving, view soundtrack and the list goes on so gta v a million times better than 4 its just a little over hyped thats all Expand
  84. May 22, 2014
    SOOO GOOD!!!!! ooohhh ya in need 150 characters so nhgrethrihnbugyvftcdrsxeawzesxcdrgtvbyhnujhbgyftvcdrscftvgybhunbftvcdrftvbgyhunbgyfvtcdrftvg and by
  85. Aug 8, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This GTA 5 is the best GTA ever!
    That graphic, gameplay, interface....actually EVERYTHING is perfect!
    And of course, that 3 characters is great idea, respect for R*
  86. May 28, 2014
    Let me start off by saying that I don't believe that any game, no matter how good it may be, deserves a 10/10. Every game has its flaws and GTA V is one of them, mainly in it's tri-tiered ending that had many gamers a little disappointed despite the notion that there was an aspect of 'choice' throughout that would dictate where the game would end up. While the endings are not awful, theLet me start off by saying that I don't believe that any game, no matter how good it may be, deserves a 10/10. Every game has its flaws and GTA V is one of them, mainly in it's tri-tiered ending that had many gamers a little disappointed despite the notion that there was an aspect of 'choice' throughout that would dictate where the game would end up. While the endings are not awful, the two non-canon options just seem a little anti climatic after everything you've been through. That being said, GTA V is another home run for Rockstar and fans of the open world game that is celebrating it's fifth entry (depending on how you count) into the series. Complete with x-rated sex and toilet humor that you've come to expect from these games, GTA is ripe with violent sociopaths, humorless women, side splitting social commentary, and just good ol' fashioned chaotic fun. The graphics have been upgraded since its last entry and looks great on both 360 and PS3, with a stunning interpretation of modern day Los Angeles and its surrounding country and marinas. With a myriad of side quests, adventures and activities that will be sure to keep you occupied for hours, GTA always has something to keep coming back to. Multiplayer is a lot of fun as well, and with a handful of friends, buyable properties, vehicles, clothing and free updates every so often, is another sure fire reason to buy this game. Most certainly another tremendous entry into the Rockstar catalogue, if you haven't played it yet I strongly encourage you to go out and buy it immediately. Expand
  87. May 28, 2014
    This game is almost too good. The entire game is just epic. The story was great not as good as the last of us. The shooting felt great , and the driving excellent. Characters are awesome especially Trevor ;). there is almost too much to do and any one who as got 100% completion has played all day every day. side missions are fun and almost as cool as the main story line. online is great iThis game is almost too good. The entire game is just epic. The story was great not as good as the last of us. The shooting felt great , and the driving excellent. Characters are awesome especially Trevor ;). there is almost too much to do and any one who as got 100% completion has played all day every day. side missions are fun and almost as cool as the main story line. online is great i rarely bug and honestly is sometimes more fun then story mode. the best game in along time. Expand
  88. May 29, 2014
    there is no topping a flawless* rockstar game , gta 5 is the most perfect sandbox ever , and a perfect final chapter to the 7th generation of gaming and an intro into the 8th . No words can describe how great the games is , 10/10 !
  89. Jul 2, 2014
    Rockstar's Magnum Opus. GTA 5 is the crowning glory of the PS3 generation, it is the open world game to which all others must be compared. I loved the story, the charaters and the setting. The heist missions are monumental and very well scripted, there are so many jaw-dropping moments in the game there are too many to list. Character-wise, Trevor is probably the best video gameRockstar's Magnum Opus. GTA 5 is the crowning glory of the PS3 generation, it is the open world game to which all others must be compared. I loved the story, the charaters and the setting. The heist missions are monumental and very well scripted, there are so many jaw-dropping moments in the game there are too many to list. Character-wise, Trevor is probably the best video game character ever created. Michael is the perfect cliche old timer ex-hood who needs to get back in the game and Franklin, the first time ever GTA:SA, CJ I'm looking at you) I've been remotely interested in a character from the ghetto, he's got a soul and a personality which CJ does not. The way the stories intertwine is excellent, the way the chararcter switch works is perfect. Honestly I can't fault this game. I've put in around 115hrs and have 100%'d it. I've tinkered with multiplayer but its not a priority for me, what I did play was alright but I really struggled finding team mates online. As far as a single player game, GTA5 is easily one of the best! 10/10 Expand
  90. May 29, 2014
    The story. The game starts ten years before the present day. Micheal and Trever are two of the three characters in THIS mission. after that its present day and you play as Franklin whose current job is a Repo man. about two missions after the prologue the game gives you total FREEDOM. to run around to kill people. to drive cars! all fun and good GTA style! it slowly introduces the otherThe story. The game starts ten years before the present day. Micheal and Trever are two of the three characters in THIS mission. after that its present day and you play as Franklin whose current job is a Repo man. about two missions after the prologue the game gives you total FREEDOM. to run around to kill people. to drive cars! all fun and good GTA style! it slowly introduces the other two main characters Micheal and Trever. its difficult at times. and the checkpoints are amazing! i never got frustrated with dieing over and over. the total time of the story missions alone is...well for me it took around 55+ hours. That's not counting the stunt jumps! the race's! the rampages! and just messing around with cheats! now Ps3 VS Xbox360 the only real difference is Ps3 has slightly better graphics. the voice acting is amazing! the gameplay is amazing! all around it's just fun to play! not that many glitches since recent updates. we need some single player DLC. cause after all the side missions and everything there's only the online portion to play! which is so freaking clunky. it keeps disconnecting! rock* needs to fix this! the game has been out for 6 to 7 months already! its so annoying cause i love the online. but besides the fact. overall this is one of the best games ever!!! Expand
  91. Jun 8, 2014
    Why did I give this game an 9, whilst others give it a 10? Because I did greatly enjoy the game, with a decent story and good writing, combined with a massive open world with a lot of mini-games. However, this game did have it's problems, like all games. Online was a mess at launch, for a while it did not even work, but is playable now. The graphics are good, but the characters kind ofWhy did I give this game an 9, whilst others give it a 10? Because I did greatly enjoy the game, with a decent story and good writing, combined with a massive open world with a lot of mini-games. However, this game did have it's problems, like all games. Online was a mess at launch, for a while it did not even work, but is playable now. The graphics are good, but the characters kind of draw me out of giving this a ten. While I did like some of the characters, others were a bit bland and static (i.e. Michael's son Jimmy). I was a fan of Grand Theft Auto 4's characters, namely Roman and Niko. Here, there are still good characters, just not as interesting as GTA 4's. Getting past that, and that the uniteresting characters where minor, is the fact that the game is very good. If a okay storyline and decent characters with a few bland characters is enough to keep you interested in open world mayhem with tons of side actvities (hunting, rampage, and more) then by all means purchase this game. My final verdict is exactly what the average critic's verdict is, a 9.7/10. Expand
  92. Jun 12, 2014
    I'll simply start off by saying that GTA5 is the best videogame I have ever played and for a lot of reasons.First I'd like to praise its original implementation of multiple playable characters based gameplay which brilliantly compliments the jaw dropping level design, most of which put to shame the best action sequences in most Hollywood movies these days.From epic set piece shootouts toI'll simply start off by saying that GTA5 is the best videogame I have ever played and for a lot of reasons.First I'd like to praise its original implementation of multiple playable characters based gameplay which brilliantly compliments the jaw dropping level design, most of which put to shame the best action sequences in most Hollywood movies these days.From epic set piece shootouts to the over the top action chase sequences and a variety of special missions which I don't want to spoil.Let me also give a huge nod to the heist missions, mixed up in the middle of these regular missions, they come along every now and then and add to the lighting pace of GTA5 with a mission design that is nothing short of epic at its ultimate definition.From setting them up..to finalising the crew and the plan and to the actual execution, everything in these heist missions are extremely fun and all of the missions also play out to the fun character switch mechanic, which is a perfect balance with scripted switches and giving you the ability to switch at your will.Apart from that there's this GTA usual list of very entertaining cut scenes filled with cool dialogues and humor which opens each mission and the missions are also accompanied by catchy original scores which further adds to the immersion.
    For the narrative, I'd once again like to praise the original and mature story of struggle it tells.Michael, Franklin and Trevor are all very engaging and interesting characters and they're perhaps equally supported with a big list of entertaining support cast, a personal favorite of mine being "Nervous Ron" who is the unfortunate right hand of Trevor.All the characters are well voiced as well.
    For graphics GTA5 in quiet an achievement on hardwares that are more than half a dozen years old.The super huge Los Santos is detailed to the level of the insanity, take the water for e.g..The water in Alamo sea is oily black while the water near the shores of industrial area in muddy orange, go to a small pond and it's green while the beaches have a blue colored water.The detail extents to the level where all of these different colored waters make a seamless transaction in the areas where they meet, ride a boat from an industrial area to a beach and see how slowly and seamlessly it changes from orange to blue(yes, R* is that obsessed with detail).The same level of detail extends to a lot of other aspects of the game of course.
    For sound the game has a great list OST and almost each of the tracks picked for the radio is very good and it features something for each taste.
    I can go on for another few paragraphs(quiet frankly, I haven't touched on most other important aspects all all) on why it's it's the best game I've ever played but I think I've highlighted most of the important aspects.
    Even people who have issues should admit that GTA5 has set a new bar for the entire industry and it'll be a real challenge for games to reach such a scale.
  93. Jun 12, 2014
    This game is huge, and you don't just get one story as in the previous games, but you get to follow a total of three different characters and their side stories, the main story/misson has many hours of game-play, and this title is a must have for this generation.
  94. Jun 14, 2014
    It's like the perfect game, huge world to be explored, long and funny campaign, the gameplay is perfect, the voice acting is excellent, and the graphics are impressive even for a last-gen console they are better than any game. I always was a fan of GTA but Grand Theft Auto V is a magnificent game, garanted pre-order for PC/XONE/PS4. Thanks for the attention and sorry for my bad english,It's like the perfect game, huge world to be explored, long and funny campaign, the gameplay is perfect, the voice acting is excellent, and the graphics are impressive even for a last-gen console they are better than any game. I always was a fan of GTA but Grand Theft Auto V is a magnificent game, garanted pre-order for PC/XONE/PS4. Thanks for the attention and sorry for my bad english, hope this review helped you. Expand
  95. Jun 24, 2014
    Probably the only 10 I will ever give to a game. Everything is perfect. The storyline is better than most action movies, the humour is fun, the characters are really well chosen, the city is huge, the graphics are unbelievable for the PS3, you can spend hours on this game just doing anything.

You want to go to that mission using a Titan and parachuting on a truck, or maybe steal a bicycle and take 20 minutes to reach the other side of the city ? Well you can, and that's what it is all about.

Haters will always find that the sky is not blue enough, but who cares, if you can't enjoy this game, then you should consider selling your ps3. I mean you can even not play the missions at all and still have a good time doing races on-line, cause chaos and steal a jet.

Conclusion : This is a perfect game, enjoy it as much as you can !
  96. Jun 27, 2014
    Best game I've ever played. The vast amount of bugs is only to be expected with such a huge, complex and detailed game. I'm only buying a PS4 so I can continue playing this game nearly everyday on a better OS.
  97. Jun 27, 2014
    Biggest entertainment launch of any medium? Check. Most expensive video game ever produced, with each dollar being showcased to the player at every turn? Check. A ultra-violent, and unforgettable action-adventure game that will be enjoyed by almost any mature gamer for endless hours? ABSOLUTELY!

I fully recommend this game to GTA lovers and mature gamers who enjoy tongue-in-cheek humour, and are willing to explore and experience the biggest and most fully-detailed sandbox ever created. This was the biggest gaming event of 2013, and that is no secret.
  98. Jul 6, 2014
    Best game ever: Amazing campaign + Cool graphics + Awesome online = perfect game

If you are a True-Gamer you must play this game, if not, too. GTA Five keep essence of grand theft auto series, an Open-World game with a lot of possibilities. The map is very detailed, interactive. alive and big. A lot of secrets behind it. It's very addictive, I have played it more than one hundred hours and i didn't completed the hole game. When you are driving, killing people, scuba diving or whatever you are doing you can find hidden mission and secrets that expand the game-time. Online it's the funniest multiplayer when you play with friends. I think is a good game to close the seventh generation. I'm really waiting to play it on PS4 or PC.

If I could choose between the best game and GTA V, I'll choose GTA V.
  99. Jul 6, 2014
    I'm going to say this right now. Grand Theft Auto V is the best video game I've ever played. I really went nuts for this game. I couldn't even stop playing it. Not one bit. This is actually so much better than Grand Theft Auto IV. The best part is that if you are having trouble passing a mission, you can literally skip to the next scene of the mission. And I loved playing golf in that gameI'm going to say this right now. Grand Theft Auto V is the best video game I've ever played. I really went nuts for this game. I couldn't even stop playing it. Not one bit. This is actually so much better than Grand Theft Auto IV. The best part is that if you are having trouble passing a mission, you can literally skip to the next scene of the mission. And I loved playing golf in that game and same with Tennis. Though, there is one house that is tough purchasing (which is the Los Santos Country Club). But however, I am really hoping Rockstar Games makes more Grand Theft Auto games. So my suggestion is to buy that game. Expand
  100. Nov 26, 2015
    Grand Theft Auto V

Grand Theft Auto V

Game-Play:The game-play of this game is the best the series have ever known perfect shooting great driving now you can hold all your weapons and change them as you see fit in mid-combat there are lot of weapons in the game also now for the first time there are three protagonists each with his own special abilities that could be used in better ways but still happy they put that in the game.Now the plains are back in the series and the open world of Los Santos is great and full of life.

Story:The only major problem I had with the game is that the story could be bigger I mean 30 hours is long but I could see potential in the game to be bigger but the story they put in the game was great and really merge with the three protagonists scenario.

Graphics:The graphics are great in this game on of the best I have ever seen in this generation.

Notes:This game is a total masterpiece the voice acting is great the city is awesome and I think this game is the best this series have ever seen.This game worth the full price.

1. CD-Action
    Nov 14, 2013
    The best way to bid farewell to the retiring consoles is to spend dozens of hours having fun in Los Santos: robbing, abusing illegal substances, breaking all laws and enjoying everything else that GTA V has to offer. And after we finish the game, we should all say loudly: ‘okay, Rockstar girls and boys, it’s high time to make a truly new GTA, not just a gigantic DLC’. [12/2013, p.36]
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Oct 24, 2013
    GTA V fulfills the idea of a gaming sandbox, where you can entertain yourself in many different ways - and also experience a superbly written story of three gangsters, if you want. [Issue#234]
  3. Play UK
    Oct 16, 2013
    Gigantic and stupidly detailed, GTA V is everything we hoped it would be. Individual components could be a touch better, but when a game does literally everything, nobody can expect perfection across the board. That it even comes close is incredible. [Issue#236, p.62]