GRID PlayStation 3

8.1

1. Please
    Jul 16, 2008
    PLEASE show the user reviews for this already! there are 33 user votes in and no one can stinking read them!
  2. MO
    May 30, 2008
    This is the racing game I have been waiting for. I am a big fan of TOCA racing and GRID delivers in every area. The graphics are incredible. Gameplay addictive once you master the controls. I bought Gran Turismo Prologue when it came out and was quite impressed. GRID blew it out of the water. Its now for sale on ebay!!! GRID is the BOSS!!!!!
  3. NickA.
    May 31, 2008
    Fantastic graphics and gameplay with so many stats - and great accidents!
  4. CasF.
    Jun 1, 2008
    Simply amazing, the best actual racing game ever IMO. Gran Turismo is the king of the time trials, but when it comes to racing, this rules the roost!
  5. AlanB
    Jun 2, 2008
    Very pretty and very fun. The only reason it gets a 9 instead of a 10, is because I don't own this game, and I haven't gotten to play it for too long, but the few hours of play time that I had was some of the most fun I've had on my PS3.
  6. JazS.
    Jun 2, 2008
    Definitely one of the best racing games ever made. Not the most realistic one, no. But most fun? YES! Drifting is fun and overall the game delivers so much fun racing action that your heart will stop. One of the best racing games I've ever played. Sorry bad English.
    Jun 3, 2008
    Crazy intense racing with the perfect blend of simulated and arcade racing.
  8. JamesL.
    Jun 7, 2008
    Good game overall but if you dont know how to drive learn because the game play is very realistic to real driving. i love the flashback feature
  9. NeilB.
    Jun 17, 2008
    Great game. Don't waste your money on the partial release of Gran Tourismo. Buy a full game in GRID you will not be disappointed.
  10. Kizab
    Jun 20, 2008
    Awesome arcade style racing. With the sponser and flashback parts, not to mention the feeling of being at the actual race....this one is a keeper. Maybe not a million cars like Turismo or true physics...but thats why its arcade style racing at its best.
  11. TaylorT
    Jun 26, 2008
    This is a great game. I would have given it an 8.5, if possible. The graphics are solid, although there's potential for a little more detail in some of the open courses. Gameplay is very smooth with no noticeable glitches. Online play is a blast, especially drift battles, F1 racing, and demolition derby. I think this is the best racing game currently on the market and has the This is a great game. I would have given it an 8.5, if possible. The graphics are solid, although there's potential for a little more detail in some of the open courses. Gameplay is very smooth with no noticeable glitches. Online play is a blast, especially drift battles, F1 racing, and demolition derby. I think this is the best racing game currently on the market and has the potential to hold that title for a while. Expand
  12. MatthewW.
    Jul 3, 2008
    This is Codemasters best game in years. It absolutely delivers on all levels. It's a cross between a arcade and racing sim. The graphics are absolutely the best ever seen in a racing game. The game engine is second to none. The car damage is so cool looking, when you crash into a wall or flip the car you can see it all in glorious slow motion replay all you want as the car breaks and This is Codemasters best game in years. It absolutely delivers on all levels. It's a cross between a arcade and racing sim. The graphics are absolutely the best ever seen in a racing game. The game engine is second to none. The car damage is so cool looking, when you crash into a wall or flip the car you can see it all in glorious slow motion replay all you want as the car breaks and smashes... incredibly real looking. The game itself is spot on, the driving is very real to life feeling. And they focused on around 50 cars, the cream of the crop, so there's enough variety but you're always driving a wicked car. Bottom live, this game is FUN. Tons of fun and re playability. A MUST PURCHACE!! The PC Version is great too! Expand
  13. MickO.
    Jul 4, 2008
    Not as many cars available to buy as on GT and less tweeking allowed, but visually it's as good as if not better in some regards with far more courses and it's certainly a hell of a lot more fun when actually racing. AI on other cars is streets ahead of GT - pressure the car in front enough and they'll make a mistake and possibly spin out - not to mention the damage physics Not as many cars available to buy as on GT and less tweeking allowed, but visually it's as good as if not better in some regards with far more courses and it's certainly a hell of a lot more fun when actually racing. AI on other cars is streets ahead of GT - pressure the car in front enough and they'll make a mistake and possibly spin out - not to mention the damage physics or having 19 other opponents on track, who can have tyre blow outs and overheated engines go up in smoke and all the mayhem that entails. Three main arenas: Europe, USA and Japan, with plenty of races available in each. I really enjoyed Codemasters previous race games from the original Colin McRae and TOCA, but thought they ran out of steam somewhat on the PS2. But, first with Dirt and now with GRID, they're definitely back on track. Expand
  14. MARKW.
    Jul 11, 2008
    Very impressed overall great gameplay excellent graphics, online a laugh and single player mode well thought out with sponsorship etc very realistic best racer on ps3 in my opinion!
  15. Barry
    Jul 11, 2008
    Good racing game. Savage difficulty is insanely hard with all assists off.
  16. DarrenL.
    Aug 29, 2008
    It's driving fun, graphically better than anything else out at the moment, and at last the power of the PS3 comes shining through. Buy It!
  17. JonasL.
    Jun 10, 2009
    Superb racing game. Graphics, physics, AI and framerate are all great. Lack off story is the only negative thing about this game. When you crash your car and deside to replay the race, there is NO LOADING TIME! Aaaaah.
  18. SirM.
    Jun 10, 2009
    I own GT5-prologue as well as GRID. There's really no way to compare them as they're two completely different animals. GT is refined and 'processed' - GRID is sex on wheels. GT has far sharper and clearer graphics, while GRID has more of a dreamy/blurry feel. You can afford to take corners at a higher speed in GRID, but that's not to say its easy. It isn't. I own GT5-prologue as well as GRID. There's really no way to compare them as they're two completely different animals. GT is refined and 'processed' - GRID is sex on wheels. GT has far sharper and clearer graphics, while GRID has more of a dreamy/blurry feel. You can afford to take corners at a higher speed in GRID, but that's not to say its easy. It isn't. No spoonfeeding the controls like in NFS. It takes a while to get used to this. Pure adrenaline. Expand
  19. AmirulH.
    Jan 26, 2010
    Well, im impressed of this game that is made by malaysian people (well this is the first game malay did it even i lived on malaysia) I look all the detail,...its like..a real imaginative game or something. But thats all i gonna say , this game truly amazing. Better than need for speed.
  20. Sep 30, 2010
    It's an arcade and a simulator, anyone will be able to fully enjoy the game's physics as it'll give you a fairly realistic feel while being easy to handle, and even though the Grid lacks of vehicle customization, you'll notice that it's not really required on a game like this!
  21. Jul 7, 2012
    I love the game Engine Codemasters uses. The lighting and bloom with the soft look and shine on the cars is a sight to behold.
    Now.....The game itself. It controls like a dream but there will be a little tweaking involved. Every car feels different. I do not think this is a sim based racer at all so I think it compares more to a Project Gotham instead of a Forza or GT. The handling feels like its own game and there is nothing wrong with that. The drifting is also the best I have seen. One problem......Because of the look of the game there are a few tracks where it is pretty easy to hit something on the side of the track. The soft textures are gorgeous but when there is bloom shining down onto the track you sometimes do not see the little things and like most racers you will stop dead in your tracks. Also this game tends to turn you sideways. They also need to fix a problem in the sequel. And that is the grass making you come to almost a complete stop. It is unrealistic and just plain stupid.
    Now- The car list is small but they have the cars that should be there and the look great. Codemasters always has the best in game liveries and this is no different. There is just enough customization to the look and parts for the cars but it is behind the competition. I personally hardly ever tinker in the garage in these games but for some that could be a drawback. The cars like I said before look great.
    The tracks- OK. I am sick of seeing the same tracks. Every developer used the same real world circuits and it is getting old. They are not really that fun to play on and every game ends up looking the same. Obviously, the soft look of Grid gives it a more unique look but how many times do I have to rave on these tracks?
    Thankfully, the fantasy tracks are second to none and Codemasters thankfully gave Grid more than the competition All are well designed.
    There is also a good variety of race types including a derby style race and drift racing including the Japanese downhill races which are my favorites. As for the sound I honestly can't remember the music but the cars sounded great and your team does not irritate you in any way.
    Codemasters has presentation down to a T and the career setup is wonderfully done and set up in a way it does not get repetitive and you open up cars or tracks regularly.
    It is not perfect but it is a worthy sequel to the Race Driver franchise and in my opinion the best street racer on the market other than PGR4. But there is a sequel coming and I expect it to take the crown from PGR4.
    I CAN'T RECOMMEND THIS GAME ENOUGH!!!! What it lacks in car selection it makes up for it with a quality instead of quantity battle. The tracks are also the best selection in the genre.
    The graphics and lighting could be considered a personal taste but I think they just stand high above almost every other racer out there. But the lighting is the best out there......No question.
    The best street racer this gen. Between Grid, F1, and the Dirt series, Codemasters is now the king of the genre.
    Highly recommended.
  22. Sep 2, 2012
    Grid Reloaded is one of the best racing games I've ever played and I've played a LOT of racing games. Each car drives like the real cars and takes a little bit of getting used to but once you've got the handling down it's time to learn the tracks and if that's not enough on your plate you also have to work your way up through the pack without smashing into the other drivers, including yourGrid Reloaded is one of the best racing games I've ever played and I've played a LOT of racing games. Each car drives like the real cars and takes a little bit of getting used to but once you've got the handling down it's time to learn the tracks and if that's not enough on your plate you also have to work your way up through the pack without smashing into the other drivers, including your team mate to take 1st and 2nd and rake in the maximum from your selected sponsors. Working out which sponsors to add and where to place them for maximum payouts is pretty fun to figure out as well as what colors or designs you like for your team.

The replay feature makes it GREAT because you can smash into the wall or an opponent and hit select to back up to just before the problem, pause, change cameras for precise viewing and use one of 5 tokens to unpause the race and take another crack at that moment in the race. EXCELLENT!!!

Stop wishing for everything and enjoy one of the best racing games of all time.
  23. Oct 31, 2012
    Well polished, nice sound and pretty okay challenge. Physics is a little bit average at times but this is up there with the very top racing games today. Nice AI!
  24. Nov 20, 2014
    (REVIEW POSTED IN GRID 2 INCORRECT)

Race Driver Grid demonstrates how fun racing games can be. Codemasters have produced a racing game that many, many racing fans will enjoy, even those who want to take a break from simulation racing. Multiplayer is where Grid shines, 12-player touring car races can be extremely addictive and competitive. The graphics for damage are the best I've ever
    (REVIEW POSTED IN GRID 2 INCORRECT)

The graphics for damage are the best I've ever witnessed in a racing game & it could potentially be the best racing game of its generation. If you want a balance of arcade and simulation, Race Driver Grid is the definite answer.
  25. Apr 11, 2016
  26. Jan 30, 2017
    Ótimo jogo de corrida...um simulador para ser aproveitado pelos amantes de carros e de corridas em circuitos...gráficos bonitos e jogabilidade que beira a perfeição!!!!

1. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    GRID's jostling pack racing and slithery, varied events are almost entirely pure driving pleasure. And that's what it's all about. [June 2008, p.98]
    There are plenty of other racing games on the market, but Grid captures the soul of the track like none other.
  3. Race Driver: GRID is tearing up the tarmac this summer without a challenger in site.