7.5

1. Feb 3, 2014
    Songs: 8 out of 10, Graphics: 8 out of 10, Fun: 8 out of 10, Controls: 8 out of 10, Ease to Learn: 7 out of 10, Length: 8 out of 10, Re-play: 8 out of 10, Value: 8 out of 10
  2. Jan 5, 2012
    The game is a great music experience. It contains many classic rock songs and lets you play them with instrument controllers. The game has four difficulty settings allowing you to practice until you can play on Expert.
  3. RobertvanT.
    Dec 29, 2008
    Great game. Fun to play alone, even better with a group. The song list is better than III in my opinion, and the game works the same as before, that is to say mostly flawlessly and without difficulties. I do not have the mic or the drumset, so I can only speak for the guitars, and they work great.
  4. ShaunF.
    Oct 29, 2008
    I personally think that this is definitely the best game out so far in the musical gaming franchise. Lets face the facts, the people who mark down GHWT are people who are in possession of Rock Band 2, and who either cant afford it, or cannot accept that they made the mistake in buying rock band instead of waiting. There is a BRILLIANT song list, and the new drum set it amazing. What is I personally think that this is definitely the best game out so far in the musical gaming franchise. Lets face the facts, the people who mark down GHWT are people who are in possession of Rock Band 2, and who either cant afford it, or cannot accept that they made the mistake in buying rock band instead of waiting. There is a BRILLIANT song list, and the new drum set it amazing. What is there not to like? Even if there has been some rare cases of the equipment having technical faults, it is the first model, and they are already working on an improved model of the drumset. I definitely think that it deserved a better score, and should be taken more seriously. Expand
  5. MikeY.
    Oct 28, 2008
    I just bought GH WT and in my opinion its the best music game out there now. The new drums are really fun to play and the game feels crisp. Once they fix the few units that some people had problems with this game will be a huge hit.
  6. AnthonyO.
    Oct 28, 2008
    This game kicks a lot of butt for several reasons, none of which excludes Rock Band 2 from the celebration. Both are great games, and in my opinion, this is not exactly a PC versus Mac kind of battle. In reality, most people will own both games. The instruments are essentially built to your taste. If you prefer gameplay-based drumming, go with the competitor. If you prefer a more This game kicks a lot of butt for several reasons, none of which excludes Rock Band 2 from the celebration. Both are great games, and in my opinion, this is not exactly a PC versus Mac kind of battle. In reality, most people will own both games. The instruments are essentially built to your taste. If you prefer gameplay-based drumming, go with the competitor. If you prefer a more realistic drumming experience, go with Guitar Hero: World Tour. The new difficulty level of beginner on GHWT features only strumming, no button pressing. This is great for my 6-year old, who is not a hardcore gamer and small enough that the guitar controller is a little hard to manipulate. With this feature (which is exclusive to GHWT), she can learn the strumming part first and then progress to the notes buttons. This is a big difference in my opinion since the only other possibility is to go into practice mode, which just doesn't feel like the real game. All in all, I'd give this a 10 if not for the missing cross-compatibility with Rock Band. I really wish these two companies would get their crap together and just live in our world instead of trying to make us all live in their marketing budgets. Expand
  7. MichaelS
    Sep 12, 2008
    I was lucky enough to play WORLD TOUR on the PS3 and 360 at multiple game shows and all I can say it wow. The instument peripherals are the best and most durable ever asemble, and the setlist of songs is easily the greatest compilation of tunes ever to hit a game console. The custom song creator is a revolution for the genre. This is what sequels are all about folks. Turning an already I was lucky enough to play WORLD TOUR on the PS3 and 360 at multiple game shows and all I can say it wow. The instument peripherals are the best and most durable ever asemble, and the setlist of songs is easily the greatest compilation of tunes ever to hit a game console. The custom song creator is a revolution for the genre. This is what sequels are all about folks. Turning an already stellar formula up to 100, while at the same time redefining a genre. I was absoluted enthralled by GUITAR HERO WORLD TOUR (note: I wasn't able to play it in The Playstation 2 or Nintendo WII). Expand

A fun title, to be sure, but it's also a disappointment in a lot of respects. A number of things it tries to accomplish were already done better in Rock Band, which you might figure would have provided a simple blueprint to be followed and expanded up, but that's not the case.
  2. Okay, so the main bulk of it is yet another rendition of a game we all know by now, but it's easily the best rendition of that game that we've seen so far. When you factor in the Music Studio and all the creative doors that it opens, it's clear that this is by far and away the best rhythm game available on the market today.
  3. People who love music video games won't get tired of this one. Not only does it include standard modes of play, but there's also co-op, face-off, battles, several online modes, and a very compelling music studio that allows you to create and share songs with the world.