7.7

1. Aug 1, 2016
    All right , i finished this game today after having it for 5 or 7 year ro so in my libary. i am not the biggest fan off interactive movies , and while this one does it great wit h ag great story ( a little better then tlou, but tlou again has a far better narrative and character development), good characters and character development , great music. The gameplay is simple , following a lotAll right , i finished this game today after having it for 5 or 7 year ro so in my libary. i am not the biggest fan off interactive movies , and while this one does it great wit h ag great story ( a little better then tlou, but tlou again has a far better narrative and character development), good characters and character development , great music. The gameplay is simple , following a lot qte. What is good is that there a different endings, and you choices will affect who survives or not. Good game recommended

PS: i am pretty stuck if this is an 8 or a 9. I am at 8.5 the question just is i am i closer to the 8 or to the 9 either way a game that is still recommended to play
  2. Nov 21, 2014
    This game is truly amazing, the story is MOVIE quality, something allot of games like call of duty don't get. The controls surprisingly work almost perfectly, which wouldn't work with PC (amazing) or Xbox **** anyway lol) . There is NO game over, which more games like the walking dead should do, and every decision has game changing conclusions. Although i can not give it a 10/10, becauseThis game is truly amazing, the story is MOVIE quality, something allot of games like call of duty don't get. The controls surprisingly work almost perfectly, which wouldn't work with PC (amazing) or Xbox **** anyway lol) . There is NO game over, which more games like the walking dead should do, and every decision has game changing conclusions. Although i can not give it a 10/10, because there's not much "game" to it, the actions scenes are quick time events, although that can still get you to the end of your seat.
    Overall a fantastic game with a amazing story, amazing graphics, controls work very well but could do
    with more "game".
  3. Dec 27, 2014
    Great game and great story, starts a little slow but picks up into an incredible story. Cool fight scenes and similar to telltale games in the story telling and gameplay. Must have for ps3 exclusive!
  4. Jan 30, 2015
    Such a great game. Nice graphics, epic story, epic great soundtrack and epic final episode ! I love this game I owe this game. And also I will play Beyond : Two Souls!
  5. Jan 31, 2015
    This game is amazing. A story-driven game which is essentially a long movie filled with quick-time events (but much better than sounds). My main problem is it does have a few plot-holes. Very emotionally intense; your decisions will really get to you.
  6. May 25, 2015
  7. Apr 14, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is one of my PS3 favourites. The atmosphere is really captive; I was truly sweating when the car slipped down from the bridge. The game forced to make more / immoral decisions and touched one's emotions. I think you could not ask for more. Expand
  8. Aug 5, 2015
    One of the best games of the century . A paradise for people who like the intricacies of the plot . Those who say that this is just a game nonsense - beat them in the face.
  9. Jul 19, 2015
    In the to 25 games of all time. Beats movies like The Shawshank Redemption which is my favorite movie of all time. Heavy Rain is my favorite game of all time.
  10. Aug 5, 2015
    David Cage's Heavy rain is one of his best works of Quantic Dreams after Omikron: The Nomad Soul and Fahrenheit (Indigo prophecy). The game has amazing story line, great actors, voice actors, unique features, realistic (kind of) actions and a great atmosphere that could catch your attention to the game on its own.
  11. Aug 15, 2015
    Amazing game with so many endings. I definitely would recommend to people to see them all. The story is one of mystery and it shows just how strong parental love can be, and the flip side of those who go without it and how they turn out.
  12. Aug 24, 2015
    best storyline
    awesome
    best storyline
    awesome graphicshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  13. Nov 2, 2015
    Best role-play interactive game on the PS3 that is a must-play for all types of gamers.
    Great characters, good quality voice acting, chilling music and innovative gameplay makes this a one of kind and pioneer for other games (I.e. LA Noire)
    Story is quite in-depth and intriguing, albeit containing a few plot-holes that are never quite explained, but this doesn't detract from the overall good quality product from the folks at Quantic Dreams.
  14. Dec 10, 2015
    I really enjoyed Heavy Rain. It is a great game because of the way that the story sucks you in and doesn't stop being entertaining until the very end. There are many choices that affect your path of progression and it gives you a reason to play it a second time. The story is very mature but for adults it shouldn't be missed. I would recommend this game to just about anyone looking for moreI really enjoyed Heavy Rain. It is a great game because of the way that the story sucks you in and doesn't stop being entertaining until the very end. There are many choices that affect your path of progression and it gives you a reason to play it a second time. The story is very mature but for adults it shouldn't be missed. I would recommend this game to just about anyone looking for more narrative in their games. There really isn't a lot that isn't in your control when playing. Don't expect mindless action then cut scenes because this game isn't that. Now I love games and I won't say that most games are mindless but this game is engaging you until the very end to participate in every one of your characters actions. You can hear your characters thoughts and chose what they say and do or at least that is the feeling the developer trys to convey to me personally. I'm not sure they succeed 100% because I actually just beat the game and I probably won't play it a second time. At least not yet. I'm going to move on to other games for now. It's not really a short game either because it took me about 16 hours to beat it. It does sort of have that interactive movie/cut scene feel to it and that works because it's not an action game. It reminds me of telltales games the way that your choices affect the story. Now about the story which is very good and keeps you in suspense until the very end. I personally never guessed who the killer was or what his motives were but I was like wow what a good game when the credits rolled. The graphics were pretty good but I noticed that characters would walk through each other in one scene but it wasn't really a big deal.The voice acting was good and I had no complaints. so yeah it was a good game in my opinion and it deserves the 8 I give it. Expand
  15. Dec 19, 2017
    The first time I played heavy rain, it was a remarkable, original, extremely engaging and absorbing experience. It was like being a part of and co directing a movie like seven. The second time I played heavy rain, 4 years later, I truly marvelled at how superior this experience can be, compared to a movie or book of this kind. Has it ever happened to you, when you watch a movie for theThe first time I played heavy rain, it was a remarkable, original, extremely engaging and absorbing experience. It was like being a part of and co directing a movie like seven. The second time I played heavy rain, 4 years later, I truly marvelled at how superior this experience can be, compared to a movie or book of this kind. Has it ever happened to you, when you watch a movie for the second or third time, to expect things to turn out differently? To expect another outcome, another reaction during major plot points? Heavy rain offers you this gift and depending on how you play, what you will experience ranges from catharsis and relief to anger, sadness and grief. When the credits roll, for whatever outcome, you feel responsible. And that is the beauty of video games, and for that, anything less than an absolute 10 for the experience as a whole is simply wrong. Expand
  16. Oct 29, 2017
    Difícil no recomendar un juego tan increíble como este. Una historia excelente, muy bien hecha, con unos personajes bien logrados. Entrañable y recomendable.
  17. Jan 4, 2017
    Deutsche Review - Kritik

Deutsche Review - Kritik

Der folgende Test ist in 5 Kategorien zusammengefasst. Diese 5 Kartegorien ergeben die Gesamtpunktzahl von 0 - 100 Punkten. Um einen passenden Userscore zu geben wird auf oder abgerundet. Bei 84 Punkten ergibt das einen User Score von 8. Bei 86 einen von Userscore von 9. Falls eine 85 kommt entscheide ich ob ich es eher positiv oder negativ nehme. Regeln verstanden?
    Dann sind hier meine Punkte.

Mein persönlicher Score = 82/100
    Mein User Score = 8/10
  18. Oct 22, 2017
    Heavy Rain is a story-driven adventure game with great atmosphere and passion. Some people have labeled it as an interactive movie, but it's really an adventure game at its heart.

The game's story involves 4 playable, unrelated characters whose storylines gradually interweave and affect each other. The overall story arc is about finding a missing boy (the son of one of the protagonists) who has been kidnapped by an "Origami killer" (a maniac who leaves Origamis at his crime scenes) in a rain-soaked city. There are also some other mini-stories for each character with their own appeal.

This is a game where choices have lasting effects, or may cause a character to die. You can even have all of the protagonists get killed, leading to a game over state. You can replay the game from the beginning and make different choices to see what different outcomes they yield.

The graphics do an amazing job to service the game's atmosphere and ambition. All characters have been mo-capped and look great, even though their voce acting isn't perfect. The music is OK.

The game's big problem though is the awful gamepad controls. I don't mean laggy or imprecise controls. It's a weird system where you have to push the R2 trigger to move forward in the direction you are currently facing, instead of just using the analogue stick in a straight-forward manner (it reminds me of the tank controls in some old games such as Resident Evil and Grim Fandango). There are some QTEs, but also an abundance of button prompts where you have to push various buttons in the sequence they are shown while simultaneously keeping the previous buttons still pressed down in order to go forward or else you have to repeat it from the beginning. It's crazy stupid.

Luckily though, the game's control issues are addressed if you play with the PS Move motion controller. Everything feels better that way, and the prompts make more sense. There is more fun when you move your, ehm, Move pad to follow the general movements of the protagonists.

Heavy Rain is a great game on its own, an adventure game and something different from the Call of Duties and the GTAs of this world. There is even an Origami included as a gift in the game's disc. Play with the PS Move controllers and you 'll enjoy the powerful story.
  19. Jan 30, 2017
    Veio com uma proposta inovadora..fugindo dos padrões da maioria dos jogos...um jogo com cara de filme..gostei bastante da ideia e com certeza a historia criada em volta dos personagens é bem marcante...um suspense de ótima qualidade.
  20. Jul 11, 2016
    Heavy Rain starts off slowly, but then gets to amazing sequences. Story is all that matters, and it's done perfectly. Ethan Mars loses his passion for life after a tragic episode, but he's truly taken to his limits when the Origami killer, a mysterious serial killer, kidnaps his Shaun, his son. Besides Ethan, there's Madison Paige, an insomniac photojournalist, who gets involved with EthanHeavy Rain starts off slowly, but then gets to amazing sequences. Story is all that matters, and it's done perfectly. Ethan Mars loses his passion for life after a tragic episode, but he's truly taken to his limits when the Origami killer, a mysterious serial killer, kidnaps his Shaun, his son. Besides Ethan, there's Madison Paige, an insomniac photojournalist, who gets involved with Ethan and decides to help him find Shaun; Norman Jayden, a FBI agent investigating the case and Scott Shelby, a private investigator hired by the parents of the Origami killer's victims. These four protagonists are affected by this mysterious figure. And it's all under your control. There are dozens of different endings, just waiting to be played. Go on. Make your choice. Expand
  21. Jan 3, 2017
    Ilyen csodálatos történetű játékot csak nagyon nehezen lehetett akkoriban találni. A szereplők, a történet, az, hogy ki kell találni, hogy ki a gyilkos, mind-mind egy játéktörténeti remekművé tették.
  22. Dec 22, 2016
    Лучшая игра Quantic Dream на сегодня (2016). Одна из лучших игр на Playstation 3. Игра представляет собой адвенчурную интерактивную драму, в которой ваш выбор определит исход истории. Если вы еще не поиграли в Heavy Rain, то немедленно сделайте это. Самое лучшее впечатление вы получите при первом прохождении. Игра имеет 18 эпилогов, и какие вы получите - зависит только от вас.Лучшая игра Quantic Dream на сегодня (2016). Одна из лучших игр на Playstation 3. Игра представляет собой адвенчурную интерактивную драму, в которой ваш выбор определит исход истории. Если вы еще не поиграли в Heavy Rain, то немедленно сделайте это. Самое лучшее впечатление вы получите при первом прохождении. Игра имеет 18 эпилогов, и какие вы получите - зависит только от вас.

1. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Put gaming conventions aside, go in with no expectations other than this is something new and massively good-looking, and you'll be rewarded with a unique experience that lurches between genius and madness, manages to be genuinely emotional, and that you'll be bursting to talk about with your friends. [Feb 2010]
  2. For many people Heavy Rain won’t be more than a progression of quick-time-events, but for me this game has everything a great game needs. The thrilling story, the beautiful graphics and the innovative controls will let you play on and on, till you just can’t look any longer into your TV.
  3. Playstation: The Official Magazine (US)
    We're enjoying it immensely... It is a game like none other. [Mar 2010, p.66]