7.7

1. Feb 3, 2013
    3 of the best stealth games of their generation now released in one affordable package. The question is are they still worth a shot. For my money Hitman 2 has not aged gracefully. 47 moves as fast a s a child wearing concrete shoes in a swamp and the A.I is schizophrenic to the point of a successful mission can be scampered by walking into the wrong toilet. All in all Hitman 2 is probably3 of the best stealth games of their generation now released in one affordable package. The question is are they still worth a shot. For my money Hitman 2 has not aged gracefully. 47 moves as fast a s a child wearing concrete shoes in a swamp and the A.I is schizophrenic to the point of a successful mission can be scampered by walking into the wrong toilet. All in all Hitman 2 is probably the least enticing to play again.

Contracts fares much better but the grey on black interface means that people playing on a small tv better invest in a microscope. due to the unaltered text and the cutscenes look like they are taking place underwater due to them not receiving the HD treatment.However A.I behavior and missions are far better and it plays smoother than Hitman 2.

However the top pick is Blood Money, still the best Hitman game money can buy. It is however a straight port from the 360 code but don't let that sway your decision as Blood Money remains the best assassination simulator to this day and is yet to be topped, in my opinion.

As for the whole package even with the lick of HD paint the games still show their age but playability wise it is only Hitman 2 that truly suffers. There were no extras with the PS3 version whereas the 360 version has an art book I believe. Overall its still worth a romp through Hitmans hits but if you still have the original games I can't really recommend an additional purchase.

1. Apr 5, 2013
    It’s evident to me that HD Trilogy was cooked up quickly, without investing neither sufficient means nor heart and soul. [CD-Action 04/2013, p.80]
  2. Sadly, not a lot of love has gone into cleaning up these remakes. The time capsule is rusty, but there’s enough old school challenge and timeless dark humour to justify a buy. [March 2013, p79]
  3. Mar 24, 2013
    Three classics everyone should play - it's just a shame more wasn't done to modernise them. [Apr 2013, p.78]