Hyperdimension Neptunia PlayStation 3

7.0

1. Mar 9, 2011
    As someone who has played it all the way through, I would only recommend this game to anyone who really likes Visual Novels / Anime enough to be able to look past this game's shortcomings, if your looking for something that has decent Gameplay, I suggest you look elsewhere.
  2. Apr 26, 2011
    For a game that they say it's lacking or terrible, I actually had a lot of fun: the battle system is deep and complex with the possibility to custom your combos, the characters are weird but not annoying (sometimes!) and the story, which is NOT supposed to be taken seriously, is fun and ironic with lots of game references and fan services. There are few flaws in the battle system, like theFor a game that they say it's lacking or terrible, I actually had a lot of fun: the battle system is deep and complex with the possibility to custom your combos, the characters are weird but not annoying (sometimes!) and the story, which is NOT supposed to be taken seriously, is fun and ironic with lots of game references and fan services. There are few flaws in the battle system, like the item system based on the % that you give on a specific item or the impossibility to escape unless you get an escape button. There are 4 lands to explore but sadly you can't visit cities (the shop is supposed to be online so...) and eventually each land tend to be the same routine (look for quest/event->go to dungeon), which is too bad since they are all different. And another big flaw are the characters who, although you'll have 6 spots, you will be playing most of the game with just 3; the other 3 are available near the end of the game! Now this is actually a big issue in my opinion because during the game you actually have 2 more characters with you...as GUESTS! Yes, you won't be able to use them unless you Download AND pay them from the internet! And it's not only for them: basically anything can be downloaded if you want to play at full speed, like costumes, events, armors...even level caps! They're not costy but I'd rather want a more expensive but complete game instead of a cheap but poor game. Bottom line, I'm giving it a 7 because I had fun but it lacks so much content that makes you wonder why they didn't put all of this stuff in the game from the beginning.... Expand

1. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Oct 6, 2011
    As fun as it can be, Neptunia is an extremely niche title. If the only game you ever play is Black Ops, avoid this like a spinning-up death machine. If, however, you really miss the JRPG heydays of the PSone and PS2, you need this. Now. [June 2011 p76]
  2. Jul 7, 2011
    If Hyperdimension Neptunia's take on the JRPG doesn't break any new ground, it's certainly a step in the right direction for the developers. More accessible than Trinity: Universe while maintaining and expanding on that game's witty style, HDN is another perfect title for anyone looking for an easy entry to the genre, or really anyone who appreciates some laugh-out-loud comedy with their RPGing.
  3. May 27, 2011
    Hyperdimension Neptunia is a game dedicated to an audience of fans of Anime and RPGs. It is a classic dungeon crawling JRPG with a intresting battle system, a pretty and fun shallow story, and also a poor graphic. If you are a fan of this genre, or just want something different and want to play a fun humorous game, this game is definitely recommended.