• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Jun 7, 2011
8.4

1. Jun 15, 2011
    Mindless and boring. Wait for an icon to appear on your in-game map, run to it, kill some bag guys by repeatedly tapping the same button, then wait for another icon to appear on your map, and then run to it and... you get the idea. That's pretty much all you'll the entire game, other than collect hidden shards that are scattered about the city, which aren't very well hidden. In fact, they're pretty much out in the open, and all you have to do is click a button to make them appear on your map, then run to them and pick them up. Extremely simple, repetitive and stupid. Those that are giving this piece of crap high scores are either high themselves, or were dropped on their heads when they were kids. One of the worst games of all time. And one of the most overrated. Expand
  2. Apr 12, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ok, Let me start off on why I hated it.....

Story Line:
    Ok, the Story line makes no sense what so ever! It was good at first and exciting but died when you got into the second city. And why was Sabastain wolf not mentioned in the first game, it is as if he was made up and he was! Not only that, but the ending sucks!!!! The beast is 10 times easier to beat than kessler was, and why is it that Sabastain would make a device that would kill all conduits, That makes no sense what so ever. And there is also a problem with conduits in that game, first off, Swamp creatures and Ice soldiers are not conduits, they were created by Joseph Betrand who is a conduit and that does not make them nesisarly conduits. So if Cole died, they would still exist! Hear is another thing, If they were conduits, do you know how many conduits there would be in that small area, there is more Conduits in that area than there are on earth!!! I mean really, there wern't even mentioned in the first game. And here is another thing, the ending was rushed and you can easily tell. I write and I know what it is like to rush something. Not only that, but how the hell is john the beast, Kessler didn't know that and if he did, he would have just killed john just to make sure the beast wasn't even made, and the beast was made by kessler since he created the ray sphere which cole destroys and that is what creates the beast, so how does that make sense. And another thing, the plague, the plague was created from the ray sphere and was not ment to spread, and how could it, even when everyone died at empire city and it was under Bio Contempt! And why would kessler want that!

Game play: Ok, the game play was ok but was not fun. All power ups were just recreated or upgraded and there were only like a couple things and that was better thrusters, picking up cars, lightning tether, and Iconics. Not only that, but IGN gave it like 8.3 out of 10 since they said that the controls are messed up when you do melee, and they are! Not only that, but there are like millions of insta kills in that game and you can't even upgrade your health like in the first game! So it is just bad! And you can't really do anything about karma, there are barely any moments in the game where you can alter it accept for attacking people Trophies: Trophies are not as good as in the first game. Trophies in the first game made sense, fun, and explained, but in the second game, you just get them as you go along, and some are just stupid. One I was pissed at was beating the game on hard, first off, they only tell you to Finish it on Hard and yet they "Forget" to put in that you can't change the difficulty setting, so now I have to play the game all over again just to get it when I should have gotten it first!

Overall, this game sucked and was a mockery of the first, I am just hoping that the comic makes more sense since they are making a comic book based on it!
  3. Apr 24, 2012
    It's disappointing and overall very frustrating experience! It's also copy and paste nothing really new! Just disappointing...It didn't make me finish it...
  4. Mar 26, 2014
    This game is all hype. The game play is boring and repetitive and I got sick of it in 4 hours. I was shocked to just find out it was single player only even though it was known months ago. This game would get a ten if it was on Xbox one. This is how stupid you fan boys sound. Just thought you should experience it for yourselves.
  5. Nov 8, 2011
    This game was honestly a disappointment. I don't want to say it was horrible, but it was not good enough for me to finish it. The first Infamous was one of my favorite games, but this one just couldn't come close to comparison. Visually, it looked ok, what I'd expect. The music was also ok. The plot, was weak and poorly explained however. It seemed as if the characters were super shallow, as if somebody tried to give them personality but failed. In Infamous 1, the characters were non-existant, which was frankly better. Overall, the presentation was........eh. Game play wise, I think it was somewhat less than average. There was hype about feeling powerful, but I didn't feel powerful at all. The controls were a bit sticky but passable. I didn't like the boss battles either, they were very generic and uninteresting. Lastly, Cole moved too fast, and I found it difficult to control him properly. The game was one of the biggest disappointments ever. Collapse
  6. May 9, 2013
    Bad game with bad story, worst graphics ever... The characters dont make sense.
    In portuguese i hate the dubbing, so horrible. I cant believe so many people like this game. The frist was worst.
  7. Jan 27, 2014
    Really a tough job to finish the game. One of the most boring game on PS3 I ever played.
    My feeling about the game is just spot as described in "deathsmiles"'s review. This game is just about running from a checkpoint to another and repeating beating similar gangs again and again in a very bland and lack-of-interactive small town. You even never expect combat inside buildings except in
    some shabby factories.
    These gangs are just stupidly standing on the corners of streets and waiting for you coming to trigger their script like robot.
    The idea of open world simply does not work in the game because such a flat city(sorry, a small town) will not ignite your any interest to explore, such as just crust of crap buildings no way to enter, only 3-4 very outdated car models also no way to drive, NPCs lack of emotion, meaningless side missions... All these give me a feeling that this town is like a piece of .
    Another thing makes me very feel wired is that the art style of the city seems like sth from a hybrid of med century and industrial era (but after all, it is a bit confusing that what the hell the era is the town in. The minimum is that the town is really shabby, lack of reality and diversity)..., but does the story happen on a modern era? This is too contradicted, isn't it?
    Yes, I know, because designing a more sophisticated and based-on-reality world needs more efforts on inspection in the real world like what Rock Star have to do, and also needs much more art and engineering job to digitize elements into game, lazy first for infamous' developer.
  8. Nov 8, 2011

1. Nov 28, 2011
    inFamous 2 doesn't make many missteps. It may lack the polish and big name license of the recent Batman games, but for a solid and dependable superhero videogame, there aren't many more enjoyable and more consistent than this excellent superpowered romp.
  2. Nov 14, 2011
    Whether you're a fan of the first inFAMOUS or new to the series, the amount of gameplay and riveting story should please all. A few small tweaks to the Move controls would go a long way in improving the overall feel of the game but an absolutely fantastic and worthwhile title nonetheless.
  3. Oct 19, 2011
    A very good superhero's sandbox. There's a lot fighting, but it's good fighting. A lot of replay potential. The level editor is a worthy bonus, too. [Aug 2011]