7.9

1. Jul 13, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Since playing mortal kombat at a young age i loved fighting games. Injustice bring us our fravourite DC characters all round the good, the bad and lobo ahhahhahaah. A great plot in the story seeing a possible world where superman ruled. A awesome list of moves providing enough combos to knock any one out. Expand
  2. Apr 16, 2013
    I have only put 30 or 40 minutes into this game and really enjoyed it so far. I can honestly say the fighting doesn't feel cheap or rushed. You get multiple health bars to knock down before winning a fight. The fighting moves and controls are good blocking is hit or miss due to timing but not impossible. I only wish they gave us more to play with like create a superhero of your own toI have only put 30 or 40 minutes into this game and really enjoyed it so far. I can honestly say the fighting doesn't feel cheap or rushed. You get multiple health bars to knock down before winning a fight. The fighting moves and controls are good blocking is hit or miss due to timing but not impossible. I only wish they gave us more to play with like create a superhero of your own to fight with and build up skills through challenges. I still give this game a solid 9/10 so far the story is engaging and the fighting is epic. I would give it a 10 if we cool bones breaking crazy like mk gave us but understand dc would not allow that. Expand
  3. Jun 22, 2014
    One of the best fighting games i've ever played and probably ever will! Amazing characters, great combat, decent story, good graphics, gameplay - fun!
  4. Apr 25, 2013
    I've never been a huge fan of fighters as i felt there just was never that much meat in the overall package. But this is a damn fun game... the story while a little hard to swallow even for a comic book tale, still managed to be more involving than standard fighting fare. The DC roster is represented very well and each characters moves and combos fit in well with their specific traits.I've never been a huge fan of fighters as i felt there just was never that much meat in the overall package. But this is a damn fun game... the story while a little hard to swallow even for a comic book tale, still managed to be more involving than standard fighting fare. The DC roster is represented very well and each characters moves and combos fit in well with their specific traits. Super fun to see alot of fan boy fights between heroes and villains come to fruition. A very solid game and im super glad i decided to pick it up. Comes highly recommended Expand
  5. Apr 17, 2013
    As a gamer who has very seldom played any fighting-style game, I didn't expect much for Injustice: Gods Among Us. However, it delivered both surprisingly fun game-play, and an engaging storyline with characters that comic book fans have come love. Even if you don't know much about DC lore, the story stands alone from the rest of the DC universe and it isn't hard to keep up, especially whenAs a gamer who has very seldom played any fighting-style game, I didn't expect much for Injustice: Gods Among Us. However, it delivered both surprisingly fun game-play, and an engaging storyline with characters that comic book fans have come love. Even if you don't know much about DC lore, the story stands alone from the rest of the DC universe and it isn't hard to keep up, especially when a battle is just around the corner from a cut-scene. It keeps the gamer on the edge of their seat wondering "what super-human am I going to be matched up with next?". If you're a fan of the DC universe, or comics in general, the story-mode is a satisfying breath of fresh air that goes to show that the industry still aims to please it's fans, and can still deliver.

When it comes to the game-play, each fight is satisfying and enjoyable. Each character has it's own strengths and weaknesses, and it's fun to find all of them out. I really liked how each character has it's own animations and voice. It makes it feel like you're in control of the individual, instead of having the same animations and grunts that take away individuality, whether it be with Superman's laser beams or The Joker's laughing gas. I find the controls somewhat clunky and also too challenging for a beginner. Precision is key to landing moves and combos which leads to frustration when I'm trying to land a devastating combo and it doesn't work out. These issues, however, are easily overlooked. When a combo is landed and a chunk is taken out of an enemy's health bar, it is very satisfying.

Even if you aren't a fan of fighting games or comics, the story for Injustice: Gods Among Us is engaging and fun to follow and the characters are charismatic and easy to fall in love with. I wish I could master every single one. Although the controls are challenging and tough to get used to if you're a beginner, they are easy to work around with everything else the game has to offer. I would definitely recommend this game to anyone who is a fan of comic books and fighting games. If you're not, this is the game that could definitely get you into both.
  6. Apr 16, 2013
    For starters, i'm not a huge fan of fighting games or comics. The most i know about superheroes come from movies or from other videogames. Although i never really got into fighting games, Mortal Kombat (2011) was one of the best fighting games i've played in a while. So when i heard that Netherrealms was working on a fighting game with some of the most popular superheroes, some that i'veFor starters, i'm not a huge fan of fighting games or comics. The most i know about superheroes come from movies or from other videogames. Although i never really got into fighting games, Mortal Kombat (2011) was one of the best fighting games i've played in a while. So when i heard that Netherrealms was working on a fighting game with some of the most popular superheroes, some that i've heard of and others that i haven't, i was excited. I picked up the game a few days ago and can say that it's a great fighting game!

First thing i played was the single player. I didn't really think about the storyline very much as i was awaiting the game, but when i played it i was surprised at how good it was. It asks a very intriguing question, What would happen if the superheroes that needed to protect us, became our enemies? Even worse considering that one of the superheroes is superman. I don't want to spoil the game, so i'll keep most of it a surprise.
    The only issues that i've found with the story line is that it's pretty short. I was able to finish it in 5 hours. And that's after dying several times. Another issue, and it's really not that big of an issue but some might be annoyed, is that the cutscenes don't look very good. It's weird to see a game in which the actually gameplay and fighting has better graphics than the cutscenes.

The fighting is pretty smooth. If you like the fighting of MK (2011), then this will be very similar. The long crazy combos are possible, but one will have to put a lot of time and effort into practicing. What i did was pick my favorite character and just spent the entire time getting better with them. The reason that picking one character is best is cause each character is completely different. All 24 are broken up to into power and gadget characters. The names are self explanatory. The power characters are slow, but powerful. The gadget characters are quicker and rely on longer range fighting. Although there are two types of fighters, each fighter in one of the groups is different than one another. Flash, a gadget character is very different than joker. Superman is much different than Lex Luthor. Each character also has a "special power". These are unique, although some are similar, and make fighting very exciting. Bane's super power is that he absorbs more Venom into his system, making him temporarily more powerful. Flash has a power in which he slows down time for a short time. So it's easy to see how game play will change depending on who you're fighting.
    Another interesting addition are the supermoves and clashes. When you fill a bar up you have the ability to do a powerful and very violent move that severely damages your opponent. Although some are a bit underwhelming, most are really satisfying. Clashes are pretty simple too. Both you and your enemy wages energy from your bar and whoever wins gains some health and the loser loses health. These change the gameplay up very well. One moment you could have a good lead on you enemy, and the next you're in trouble. This may sound cheap and annoying, but it actually works very well.

One cool addition is the leveling system. You can level up as you fight. Experience points are gained after every fight. From online, to story. As you level up unlock tokens that unlock many different things. From costumes to music. This keeps the life of the game even longer. Which leads to the next thing, STAR labs. These are a set of 250 mini games. These contain many different kinds of games. Some easy, some pretty hard. I spend a pretty good amount of time on some some of them. So far i've only accomplished 40 three stars accomplishments and i've played for the past day. So you can imagine how much time will be put into the rest of them.

In the end i'm really glad i bought the game. I see me playing with friends and strangers online for a long time. Also adding the fact that there aren't many other competing fighting games releasing this year makes Injustice my "go to fighting game". Anybody who buys the game will also be waiting on the 4 DLC characters being released in the next few months.
  7. Apr 16, 2013
    This is one of the first fighting games that I have picked up in a while and boy is it something. Everything about this game is extremely well polished. combat is responsive and fluid (and not to mention fun). The game is much akin to that of the new Mortal Kombat (after all it is made by the same team) but with less blood and lost limbs. Story mode is a blast and really engaging. you willThis is one of the first fighting games that I have picked up in a while and boy is it something. Everything about this game is extremely well polished. combat is responsive and fluid (and not to mention fun). The game is much akin to that of the new Mortal Kombat (after all it is made by the same team) but with less blood and lost limbs. Story mode is a blast and really engaging. you will not be lost for content either as there is the main story, 240 challenge games and many unlockables. I have yet to play online, but if it plays anything like the main game, it should be a hoot. Definitely worth checking out Expand
  8. Apr 21, 2013
    This game is amazing. You don't have to be a huge fan of the DC comics or of fighting games to enjoy this title. It has astonishing visuals, a deep combat system, and to top it all off, a great story that you'll love for sure.
  9. Apr 16, 2013
    I'm a huge comic book fan and this game is exactly what I've been waiting for. I own MK vs DC and this is head and shoulders above that. I've never "pre-bought" a game but I'm soooo glad I did for this one.
  10. Apr 17, 2013
    MK remade beautifully to compliment the Heroes of DC Universe, the story was arguably better then MK and that is no easy goal. I would recomend this game to anyone who loves fighters, DC Comics, and thrilling action
  11. May 30, 2013
    I'm not really into fighting games, but I really enjoyed Injustice: Gods Among Us. The combat is great and its fun to perform the characters' supermoves and I love beating up Superman as Batman and Joker.
  12. Apr 17, 2013
    This game is straight up fan service, boasting an impressive roster of popular as well as lesser known characters from the DC Universe. The good? If you're looking for a fighting game with a comic book bent this year, look no further this is your game. The bad? Well, there are quite a few. The fighting system is fun and accessible, but doesn't feel very deep and I think that in aboutThis game is straight up fan service, boasting an impressive roster of popular as well as lesser known characters from the DC Universe. The good? If you're looking for a fighting game with a comic book bent this year, look no further this is your game. The bad? Well, there are quite a few. The fighting system is fun and accessible, but doesn't feel very deep and I think that in about a week the interest in this title will wane. Second, my biggest gripe about this game is the explanation it gives for how Superman and Batman are able to fight each other fairly. It's absolutely ridiculous. And it's not like this is the first time NetherRealm's had to address it they did an awesome job explaining it away in MK vs DCU by saying that "magic" had levelled the playing field a plot device that had been used before in the comics many times as well. The explanation this time around in Injustice is absurd and doesn't do anything to explain how a guard's bullets can't hurt the joker while Harlequin's, for example, can. If they had used the "magic" explanation this time around, no one would have batted and eye and we could have all gone on our merry way to playing the game and not caring. It's messy and weird. The cinematics in the Story Mode, as well, are also poor both technically and in terms of story telling. They're just hard to watch and it's jarring to see the transition from lower res, lower framerate cinematics to the crisp presentation of the in-game graphics. Almost all of the characters in the game are represented well except for, surprisingly, Superman himself who just kind of looks weird. These are some gaffes that are detracting from the title's quality and definitely a step down from NetherRealm's superb 2011 Mortal Kombat a game that seems to be running on all pistons in practically every department. There's definitely some fun to be had here, but not 60 dollars worth of fun. If you're hell bent on picking up a fighting game this season and don't already have them, check out Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition and 2011's Mortal Kombat. And if you already have them, consider picking up their DLC. If you have THOSE, then wait until the summer time to pick up Injustice, but try to find out if anyone is still playing by then it before you do. Expand
  13. Apr 20, 2013
    Singleplayer game is very good Better or comparable to the other mortal kombat games But online play has issues I always get "game session no longer available" error message as with other nethearrealm games. Online gaming is very ping sensitive.
  14. Apr 17, 2013
    INJUSTICE is one of the best fighting games ever! The team at Netherealms really outdid themselves with this one, there are so many cool concepts and systems that really help innovate and refine the fighting genre. I could go on but the Battles in this game feel and play epically and the online will keep you playing for a very long time.

My favourite character is Superman. Can't wait to

My favourite character is Superman. Can't wait to throw down with Lobo once his DLC comes out!
  15. Apr 16, 2013
    Injustice is Super Smash Bros combined with Mortal Kombat!

Excellent fighting game! Great story that pulls you in! Awesome graphics! Well worth $60! I wish it had 3D like MK, but some people are not into 3D. Every character is fun to play with! The single player has ALOT of content and modes!!
  16. Apr 19, 2013
    I think this videogame defines the term "snack videogame".Or in another words not the main meal.At first glance who wouldn't give a chance to play with their favorite childhood DC characters like Superman ,Batman,Green Latern,The Joker and so on.But the price is sometimes to high to bear with:Could Night Wing beat up Superman????Or futhermore Doomsday?????[for the ones who're not familiarI think this videogame defines the term "snack videogame".Or in another words not the main meal.At first glance who wouldn't give a chance to play with their favorite childhood DC characters like Superman ,Batman,Green Latern,The Joker and so on.But the price is sometimes to high to bear with:Could Night Wing beat up Superman????Or futhermore Doomsday?????[for the ones who're not familiar with DC universe, Doomsday killed Superman] now replace Nightwing with Aquaman,WTF????
    If this situation wasn't obnoxious enough,I can't say how much I hate the Minerva suit,like the people so much hated the one from the movie that was never released.Gameplay is exactly like Mortal Kombat and somethimes feels like deja vu ,you know because doesn't have fatalities,that in any case would be more absurd to imagine,more than is nowadays,fortunately enough they removed Mortal Kombat characters that made things very absurd before.The stages are cool but I can't say the same about the graphics.
    Those who already played,Batman Arkham Asylum and Arkahm City know what I mean.
    But oh well those two were a pair of aces meanwhile this game could be as near as a single seven.The history is just very cliche but what you can expect from a snack videogame?
    And finally I can say that Fighting games don't have a high replay value but this injustice is even less, which is the exact term for a "snack videogame",and like the snacks between meals, just leave you waiting for the real thing,that could be the most anticipated games of the year or in a distant future: Mortal Kombat 2 maybe?Or a new Batman Rocksteady videogame?Or street fighter vs Capcom?Well only get it if you have the money to spare,rent it first and if you doubt just wait for a real meal.
  17. Nov 9, 2013
    Injustice: Gods Among Us is from the same creative team that brought us the 2011 version of Mortal Kombat, but will it be just as good? Just like Mortal Kombat, Injustice has a full fledged campaign where you play a certain amount of battles as one character than switch to another. The story is actually really fun in that comic book way, they manage to put all these DC superheroes in oneInjustice: Gods Among Us is from the same creative team that brought us the 2011 version of Mortal Kombat, but will it be just as good? Just like Mortal Kombat, Injustice has a full fledged campaign where you play a certain amount of battles as one character than switch to another. The story is actually really fun in that comic book way, they manage to put all these DC superheroes in one cohesive story. The game play keeps all the great things from Mortal Kombat but adds new stuff to keep the formula fresh. Each fighter has their own unique special move, also there are stage transitions and the player can interact with objects in the background. Online battles run smoothly and their are enough game types to keep you interested for awhile. The cutscenes in the story are a bit sloppy but the graphics during battles are pretty and good looking. In the end, Injustice might not be as good as Mortal Kombat, but is still a great fighting game for any DC Comics fan. Expand
  18. May 25, 2014
    Very slow; - Bad balance; -Poor combos; - One animation intro morning, furious; - Super-boring beats boring; + Frame-date in the game; + Arena higher quality than in the MK;
    + Lots of bonuses (but why would they need if fighting disastrous?).
  19. Jun 26, 2013
    Awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  20. Apr 23, 2013
    You can read my review of the PS3 version of "Injustice: Gods Among Us" here http://geektasticfilmreviews.blogspot.com/2013/04/injustice-gods-among-us.html
  21. Apr 29, 2013
    Injustice is a very good game combined with the DC charecters and the fighting mechanics of netherrealm studios this game was abviously going to be a hit if your into DC comics or fighting games in general. One thing I did not like was the fact that doomsday's special makes him almost invincible for a bit but that's to be expected I guess. Injustice has a great story which I won't spoilInjustice is a very good game combined with the DC charecters and the fighting mechanics of netherrealm studios this game was abviously going to be a hit if your into DC comics or fighting games in general. One thing I did not like was the fact that doomsday's special makes him almost invincible for a bit but that's to be expected I guess. Injustice has a great story which I won't spoil the story only took me I believe 4 hours which I guess is okay but with the amount of extras I do feel they could have put a little more effort to the story. Another thing is the battles while I did enjoy the battles I do which instead of slideshows with narration they had made each charecters battle endings into movies or at the very least longer slideshows. The gameplay itself is good its a bit different from mortal kombat but that's not saying its a bad thing. One thing I wish they had was varations in super moves unless your tolarent of that i can see where it would be annoying. Level transactions are not new but I do like them in this game along with the environmental interactions which I found to be very helpful or very damaging. Something that should be mentioned if you've never seen Bane outside dark knight rises something's going to be off. I like the online mode and like anyone else I did run into some problems but I love king of the hill mode and it is done very well. For fans of DC or fighting games this is a must buy and you will get past the games faults once you really get into the game. 8/10 Expand
  22. Apr 25, 2013
    This game gets way too much praise. WAY too much. The characters are unbalanced so what's the point of the multiple cast? Why play my favourite hero if he's nowhere near as good as Deadshot or Sinestro? And the game insists on not letting the player (who payed $60) play the game. Why would Ed Boon agree to this? When losing a match you have to sit and watch the game (AI or not) taunt youThis game gets way too much praise. WAY too much. The characters are unbalanced so what's the point of the multiple cast? Why play my favourite hero if he's nowhere near as good as Deadshot or Sinestro? And the game insists on not letting the player (who payed $60) play the game. Why would Ed Boon agree to this? When losing a match you have to sit and watch the game (AI or not) taunt you for a good 3 to 5 minutes before you're allowed to do anything. This applies to Grundy's grapples that never seem to end as well. And why are Grundy and Doomsday allowed moments where attacks don't interrupt their movement or actions? I understand that's their character and they're the Strength types but that takes the point out of gadget and speed characters like Flash or Nightwing whose design is focused on such strategy? This is horrible horrible game design and it seems intentional. This is a simple problem to fix, many fighters have done so way before all this next-gen nonsense so why are some characters simply better than others? Bias or lack of testing? Either way is unacceptable to be placed on the market. Expand
  23. Apr 26, 2013
    My collector's statue had a bad imperfection, and im convinced my game is broken as alot of the the combos wont work even tho im doing them and have played fighters before. My friends havent had issues so it may be just my copy. All ik is its made it really hard to get thru the story mode. Poor experience with it which im sad, but i will admit the graphics look great.
  24. Apr 27, 2013
    If you are interested in it, stop reading and buy now. I logged +100 hours into Mortal Kombat. They did ruin the story with alternate universes, but it still is okay. The scenario mode is back, albeit smaller then MK9. The multiplayer has vastly improved from MK9. The minigames are a fun distraction. The wager is a HUGE element that makes you think. If you like fighting games, this is a must buy.
  25. May 13, 2013
    Great story and idea. Great variety of characters. WORST FIGHTING ENGINE EVER MADE!!! HORRIBLY UNBALANCED CHARACTERS AND FIGHTING!!! POOR HIT DETECTION!!! The injustice is that we can't force the company to take it back and make it worth the money. Glad I sold it back. ]xp
  26. May 4, 2013
    Injustice is a very cool game. It's not the best in the genre, nor the most original, but it delivers it. I must say I was expecting more, though. I mean, the cast of characters is great and it does have a surprisingly interesting (although a bit crazy) story and a lot of fun to be had either solo or with friend(s). The gameplay is pretty basic, somewhat similar to Mortal Kombat (butInjustice is a very cool game. It's not the best in the genre, nor the most original, but it delivers it. I must say I was expecting more, though. I mean, the cast of characters is great and it does have a surprisingly interesting (although a bit crazy) story and a lot of fun to be had either solo or with friend(s). The gameplay is pretty basic, somewhat similar to Mortal Kombat (but simpler), the graphics are ok and I do love the soundtrack and effects. It misses something, though. I just don't know what it is. Being a DC heroes/villains brawler it could be... I don't know, more epic. After a while you just realize it's just another fighting game. But a good one, very good one, nevertheless. Expand
  27. May 4, 2013
    Amazing fighter, same as MK9 the combo system is pretty acomplished and challenging, as it leaves a lot of room for improvisation and style. Gameplay is a little more robust compared to MK9, the clash mechanic is genious, combos can be canceled to downward strikes and level transitions, arenas are interactive and the context is really over the top. Same as MK9 it offers a lot ofAmazing fighter, same as MK9 the combo system is pretty acomplished and challenging, as it leaves a lot of room for improvisation and style. Gameplay is a little more robust compared to MK9, the clash mechanic is genious, combos can be canceled to downward strikes and level transitions, arenas are interactive and the context is really over the top. Same as MK9 it offers a lot of sidemissions and unlockables to keep you busy, the only The only thing I really frown upon is the need for an online pass, still that shouldn't be detrimental to your experience as it's still great fun Expand
  28. Apr 17, 2013
    I was pleasantly surprised with the game's story mode. I couldn't put it down and had to complete it before exploring additional parts of the game. The characters were robust. It wasn't just the same main 5 DC characters. NetherRealm was the best choice to develop this game. It's not just a MK remake. It's a great game.
  29. May 3, 2013
    "On paper" Injustice looks insanely fun: all this destructible arenas, superheroes with super-moves, story-mode... But in fact it's a pure combo-nerdness. Game is good, but I am afraid that if it will be someone's first fighting-game experience that man will stay away from this genre for a long time. There is good tutorial, animation frames info and other stuff, but gameplay feels"On paper" Injustice looks insanely fun: all this destructible arenas, superheroes with super-moves, story-mode... But in fact it's a pure combo-nerdness. Game is good, but I am afraid that if it will be someone's first fighting-game experience that man will stay away from this genre for a long time. There is good tutorial, animation frames info and other stuff, but gameplay feels unrewarding and lacks of fun. Expand
  30. Apr 18, 2013
    This game is a BLAST! While waiting for this game I expected a MK clone wrapped in superheroes but that isnt even close to what this is. The mechanics are much better, not to metion how well the game looks. All the controls are responsive and all the Superheroes and Villians are a hoot to play. As an avid fighting game guru and somebody who read comics as a youngster, this thing is aThis game is a BLAST! While waiting for this game I expected a MK clone wrapped in superheroes but that isnt even close to what this is. The mechanics are much better, not to metion how well the game looks. All the controls are responsive and all the Superheroes and Villians are a hoot to play. As an avid fighting game guru and somebody who read comics as a youngster, this thing is a must have. Even if you dont like fighting games much this is so much fun to play it is a must have. its really neato. Expand

1. A promising story mode gets smothered under a heap of weighty confrontations mired with incredibly melodramatic dialogues. DC Comics has always had a thing for brooding heroes, but some light at the end of the tunnel would have been fun. [May 2013, p.70]
  2. May 31, 2013
    Being a NetherRealm Studios production, it has a tendency to flirt with the superfluous, but there’s tasty meat to be found in the core combat even if not all of its mechanics mesh perfectly together.
  3. May 27, 2013
    A wonderful treat for comic book fans and a pretty decent fighting game to boot. [Issue#231, p.70]