8.3

1. Feb 7, 2012
    While the games themselves may be rather old, and some of the features quite dated, it is still a romp and is as great as it was roughly ten years ago. Fans of the series won't be disappointed, with all the new features including 3D, Trophies and much more. Also, new players will also get a blast out of it as they will be able to see what Naughty Dog used to do before Uncharted. One, if not the best Collection out there for the PS3. A must buy for any nostalgic gamer, or new ones looking for a thrill.
    Gameplay: 10
    Graphics: 8.5
    Sound: 9
    Presentation: 9.5
    OVERALL: 9.7/10
  2. Feb 10, 2012
    Three games that I consider to be the last remaining examples of a genre that is practically lost today. Nowadays the market is filled with shooters and games left unfinished so that DLC could be made. Anyways these games hold up extremely well today, back when devs cared about making great story driven games and great realized characters; putting gameplay in first instead of graphics. All three have great gameplay, graphics that still look great(except jak 1 which looks pretty dated) and fun & interesting storylines. The first Jak is a lighthearted platformer, JakII is an open world with a more mature tone and Jak 3 is II but upgraded and with the addition of vehicles and another city. All three are great games and this collection deserves a purchase. Expand
  3. Feb 8, 2012
    The Jak and Daxter trilogy has been heralded as one of the best set of games for the Playstation 2. Now all three are available for the PS3 and as a huge fan of the original series the question comes up: how does nostalgia stack up with reality? Pretty well. The games are as they were â
  4. Feb 25, 2012
    Really great HD collection. The games were some of my favourites on my PS2 along with the Ratchet and Clank series and to now be able to play them all on my PS3 in high definition is great. Some of the textures aren't great in the first game but apart from that minor flaw, this game is a really good purchase with great value for money.
  5. Mar 8, 2012
    One of my favorite trilogies in gaming just got a new worthy coat of paint. The collection contains Jak and Daxter, Jak 2 and Jak 3. Jak and Daxter is classic platforming at its best with a world that boasts no loading screens and day and night sequences, a great start to the series but can be completed in 6-8 hours. Jak 2 expands the characters of Jak and Daxter even further making Daxter 10x funnier and Jak 1000x more badass! Better characters, an amazing story and cool missions make this a giant leap from the first, though some complain about the difficulty it really isn't that bad. Jak 3, my personal favorite brings everything we love about the first 2 and makes it even better adding cool new vehicles, awesome new locations and more hilarious and gripping cutscenes! A great conclusion to the trilogy and overall this collection is well worth the money! Expand
  6. Feb 23, 2012
    it was a great collection the games are from when i was young and i loved them. the game had a wonderful story line and made a lot of sense to me the non stop fighting and action packed sense made it fun
  7. Mar 20, 2012
    These three games were some of the finest that the PS2 had to offer. All three games are very unique and offer a thrilling experience. The first game was a true plat-former and the second game got a little more serious by giving more power to the player in free-roam. The third game blends the first two very well and wraps up the trilogy well. You'll meet some of the most memorable characters in gaming and I dare you not to laugh at least ten times out loud. The voice cast is great and so is the game play. Trophies and an upgrade in visuals only add to the amazing value. Expand
  8. Apr 6, 2012
    The Jak and Daxter trilogy from the PS2 upscaled in HD and with added trophy support is an experience that I recommend to anybody who hasn't played the games on PS2 yet. I personally liked the first game the best with it's unique adventure/platforming type of game play and it's great story. The second and third game are more like shooters and the third game adds a racing element to it too. Only down side with the HD versions is the lack of antialiasing but other than that, the games are great and I'd recommend trying them out. Expand
  9. Mar 10, 2012
    It's really good to see these titles remastered in HD. I am a huge Jak and Daxter fan, and I have to say, playing these games again on PS3 was really fun. I hate the checkpoints for the missions, but other than that, it's a really good game/collection.
  10. Feb 28, 2012
    This is what i call an HD remaster.. I loved those games on PS2 and as soon as i heard they will make an HD collection! I was very happy.. So i waited until they releaed it, then bought it! Thank god i did, what an AMAZING Collection! A MUST buy for every gamer out there
  11. Jun 19, 2013
    I will always love this series. This is my childhood remastered in HD, For the 20 dollars i spent it was a steal to play these three amazing games. I can't say anything else but play these games you will not regret it.
  12. Apr 13, 2012
    The Jak and Daxter Collection is the reason why i play video games, The game has a great story, great characters, beautiful environment, and awesome game. Jak and Daxter: 9.9
    Jak II: 10
    Jak 3: 9.8
  13. Mar 18, 2012
    The games feel a little dated, however in other areas (voice acting and animations) they have held up even against todays standards. The game Features Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy, as well as Jak 2 and Jak 3 in HD, Optional 3D support, and Trophies for those hunters out there. The Jak and Daxter series still is one of my most favorite out there. A great pick up for those who are willing to remember that the game came out 10 years ago, and the fact that its worth the price. Expand
  14. Mar 14, 2012
    Jak and Daxter: The precursor Legacy is fun, kiddy and overall an enjoyable platforming game. JAK 2 is the hardest game i've ever played. Seriously this game made my really frustrated. BUT it was awesome with an amazing story, and fun gameplay
    JAK 3 is even more epic than Jak 2 with a bigger focus on racing and driving. not to mention how epic the metal heads are in the desert. AWESOME!
  15. Mar 13, 2012
    Grate game brought back a lot of memories and trophies made me play the game for hours trying to reach all the collectibles. Had very few glitches and looks good on a HD remake.
  16. Apr 17, 2012
    I enjoy this game, the old mission brings me back. The HD remake make the game even more of a joy. The controls are okay, can be clunky somethimes. That barely ruins anything and another downfall to the game is that the second game wasn't as great as the others. But, I enjoy what naughty dog make of games, there always a blast and doesn't make a bad game. Good job naught dog and the HD graphics.
  17. May 17, 2012
    Was very excited about this series getting an HD release. I never did keep my PS2 but did keep my games due to the backwards compatibility of the PS3. However, my version only has an emulator which can make some of the games not run properly, IE: Jak & Daxter. Back in the day I loved these games so for sure I was getting them for the HD release. Though graphically part 1 isn't as sharp as 2 or 3, its still the better game IMO. The first game is a true platformer; fun, exciting, balanced difficulty and even different endings based on how much you explored. The lip snycing for that time was incredible!! Parts 2 and 3 added more of the 3rd person shooter aspect to the game, still really well done, but changed the feel of the first game. Don't get me wrong, part 2 and 3 are still amazing, but part 1 gives you that fun classic platform that you expect from that genre. As an HD release, I'm happy. I didn't expect any additionals, videos, pictures, etc. I just expected to be able to experience the 3 Jak games, (in widescreen), all over again. And thats what I got. Expand
  18. Jun 16, 2012
    Fantastic. Great graphics update, characters still as epic as they were back in the PS2. Engaging story, good platforming, fun combat, interesting upgrades and vehicles in 3. What more could one want?
  19. Jul 30, 2012
    Back when shooters weren't over the top of the market as of today, the jak & daxter series was superior to the PS2 for awesome platforming, shooting, and other examples. Naughty dog has decided to re-release these 3 awesome games for the PS3 in HD collection which makes fans remember the good old times they played these games. The hd version now has trophies to collect and be presented in 3D to enjoy.
    While the 1st jak is a light-hearted for everyone similar to crash bandicoot it does an excellent entry. The 2nd Jak game focus on a mature Jak with a darker side of him around a futuristic city another great. The 3rd game concludes with jak being in the desert and explaining what his past was like. Overall I think for those who bought Uncharted and never gotten a chance to play the Jak & daxter series, i recommend you in buying this its definitely worth your money and you will not be disappointed.

Final Score- 9.5
  20. Apr 9, 2014
    It's the classic Jak & Daxter you remember but with HD graphics. For $20 bucks this is a steal. If you just want to take a break from all the next-gen/multiplayer stuff, then get this game. You won't regret it.
  21. Dec 3, 2012
    Jak and Daxter are one of my favorite video game duo's and these games were awesome on the ps2. So for me this game is easy to recommend and alot of fun. Plus its only gotten cheaper now (like $20 on amazon) so do yourself a favor and go buy it!
  22. Oct 8, 2013
    The fans deserved this great HD collection, and for people like me that have a PS2 but just don't want to buy PS2 games, this is perfect. (Rest of the review on the PSV version).
  23. Dec 10, 2012
    One day I was looking for a new game and started to feel very nostalgic for some reason, so I decided to pick up this collection. Boy am I glad I did! I remember playing these games as a little kid and absolutely loving it! This was my favorite collection on the ps2. The games all look great in hd and all three are fun as hell to play. They pass the test of time very well. If you've played them on ps2 and remember them fondly, get this! If you are new to the series and want an exciting and challenging group of games (for a good price) get this! Only complaint is the camera is pretty hard to control and haven city (jak ii) is hard to navigate because of its maze-like layout. You won't regret picking this one up. Expand
  24. Jan 8, 2014
    This trilogy not only shoves nostalgia down the throats of people who played it on the PS2, but it also does so in amazing 60 FPS and HD Graphics. Although the FPS is dropped to 30 if you play the game in 3-D, this does not take away from the beautiful experience that you shall encounter playing these Classics.

The controllers have not been altered in any way, but the game feels more
    tighter in control to my understanding. This may be because of the 60 FPS that the game has. The trophies of these 3 games are also relatively easy to get, so it appeals to the trophy hunter within people.

To sum it all up, if you never played this game when you had a PS2, I recommend getting this game right now because of how much you get for your money's worth.
  25. Sep 7, 2013
    Jak and Daxter are remembered as one of the great duos of the PS2. It was among the top triple A titles of the PS2 generation and was a trilogy in the form of Jak and Daxter, Jak II and Jak 3.Now with the release of the HD remake it is available for PS3. So is it worth buying?

The story follows Jak and his sidekick Daxter on their adventures. Each game has its own standalone story
    although they have a overall story arc going through all 3 games. The story in Jak and Daxter is quite light hearted and funny. The story in both Jak II and Jak 3 is much darker but retains it’s comedy element mainly due to Daxter.

First off, the graphics in the HD remake are only ever so slightly improved, there isn’t a great difference, however the games still look great considering how old the games are. The animations of the characters are solid and at times better than some recent titles. The game also has 3d. The music and voice acting are also very good, I still found Daxter just as funny as he was years ago. Overall the graphics are good, music and sound is ace and it is certainly surprising that they are still brilliant by today’s standards.

The Jak and Daxter Trilogy has the mainly the same control scheme over 3 games. Jak and Daxter: The precursor Legacy has the main and basic controls that are in all 3 games. Jak 2 adds in vehicles, weapons, jet board and dark eco jak controls. Jak 3 keeps the same controls overall. In terms of gameplay, the controls are quick and responsive and simple yet are full of depth.

Much of the 3 games consist of platforming and combat gameplay. The First game is mainly based on platforming with some combat elements thrown in, the second game has more combat and somewhat less amount of platforming and Jak 3 has a mix of both.

There are some minor faults in the gameplay, one that I mainly noticed was the lack of checkpoints during missions. There is nothing more frustrating than killing 39 out of 40 enemies and die by the last enemy and have to start all over again. Also the difficultly is not very consist, One mission could be easy and the next one can be very difficult. However, you will endure and survive just due to how good the game is.

Finally, trophies are added and easy to obtain, but jak is truly enjoyed for its fun gameplay and refreshing experience compared to all the violent and serious story stories in games.

So is it worth buying? Most definitely, if only for nostalgia, it is a great change of pace from other games and still stand as great games half a decade on.

(This is also my very first review so I apologise if it is not perfect)
  26. Nov 1, 2013
    The Jak and Daxter HD Collection brings back the classic Jak and Daxter feeling in HD. This is just nostalgia all over again. I really love the triology (especially The Precursor Legacy) and I still play for hours of these games today. I give this a 9/10 because there are some glitches and bugs in this game.
  27. Nov 12, 2013
    Ah my sweet Childhood game series on ps3 I really missed playing these since my ps2 games were scratched up (not by me) I had great memories playing these 3 games, the HD collection graphics are amazing and hardly any bugs it was worth every penny.
  28. CNS
    Nov 15, 2013
    This HD Collection of some of the PS2's best games still live up to today. in fact i would go as far as to say they are better than most games this generation. with Jak and Daxter's awesome story line, 3D Platforming, Humor, and collectibles this makes this one of the best values you can buy.
  29. Mar 15, 2014
    The overall collection gets a 9, but it obviously makes more sense to grade each of the 3 games individually.

Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy is quite simple and rudimentary. It takes on that old school linear feel of collecting items to progress the story. In this case, Power Cells are what you seek. Roam the open world to gather these Power Cells, and after reaching a certain
    amount you are free to progress to the next area of the game. Ultimately, although there are no glaring flaws with this game it is simply too short and too easy. Most people could probably beat it in one sitting, two at the very most. That includes 100% completion (which the game doesn't require of you to beat it). Overall, I would say 7/10 for the original.

Jak II is far more interesting...people tend to either love it or hate it. I have found that the people that hate it either don't know how to play the game (choosing to go speeding through stages with reckless abandon instead of making calculated moves) or have played Grand Theft Auto prior and can't help but to compare the two. Don't get me wrong, Jak II IS substantially more difficult than its predecessor, but these "impossible" missions that haters keep going on about are merely traps for people without patience. The story is 180 degrees the opposite of the first game, transitioning from a cartoony tale to a dark world littered with poverty and bloodshed. Outside of the controls and the presence of Daxter, nothing is really the same at all. I personally found the story to be quite engaging and the missions to be challenging, but not unfathomably difficult. Jak II gets a 9/10.

Jak 3 is a combination of the first 2 games, retaining most of the elements from Jak II while bringing back some features from the original (powering up in eco vents, the ability to ride animals, etc.). Difficulty-wise, it falls right between the 1st and 2nd game, making for what I personally feel is a perfect balance. Jak has more powers at his disposal now than ever before, from new Light and Dark powers, to 12 different gun modifications, to an entire garage full of vehicles to traverse the desert wasteland outside of Haven City. The story isn't nearly as enthralling, and I feel like the denouement was among the worst in the history of video games, but it does little to tarnish what was otherwise a very good game. Another 9/10 here.

So overall, an excellent collection. Having Jak X as a 4th installment would have been nice, but the 3 main games succeed in bringing back that nostalgic feel of yesteryear. If you have a taste for semi-old school games and aren't the type of person that compares old titles to today's games, you'll definitely enjoy this collection.
  30. Mar 27, 2014
    These are my most favorite games on the PS2! Too bad I don't have a PS3 but I would buy a PS3 just for these games.

Jak 1- Never played. It looks interesting on youtube.

Jak 2 - 10
    Has very good challenging gameplay

Jak 3- 9
    It is a bit too easy, but that's why there is hero mode right? Also the story is too short compared to Jak 2.

Too bad there wasn't a Jak 4 :(
  31. Mar 18, 2012
    It felt so good to sit down and play one of the best platform series to ever come out. And with platformers going out of style it really felt like a time warp then touched back to my childhood games. Jak and Daxter was an extremely fun plat former that i played for hours and hours. The Precursor Legacy is a classic ps2 game that will go down as one of my favorite games of all time. The levels are extremely fun and sometimes difficult to ensure constant playing. As the story progresses the boss battles become harder and harder to ensure the game does not become boring of any means. Once you complete the story line the replay value is extremely high as you have the option of going for scout flies, precursor orbs, and power cells. Trophy hunters will go through an extremely frustrating time trying to find all the precursor orbs for some are difficult to find and even more difficult to get. Now on to Jak 2, Jak 2 is the least favorite of the series for me for it takes an extremely dark twist into a more mature jak that has been infested with dark ego, navigating through the city can sometimes be extremely frustrating and the introduction of guns and is a cool twist to the Jak series. To avoid any spoilers i will move on to Jak 3, Jak 3 in my opinion was an improvement to the Jak 2 idea and was more what Naughty Dog had in mind. There are plenty of more vehicles to choose from which is always good to add choice to a game like this. Overall the hd collection is a great throwback to 3 great ps2 games that remind us of the good times where platforming games were in. In the growing gaming community where first person shooters are becoming the norm, it is a good switch that will keep you amused for weeks. Collapse

1. Jul 30, 2012
    The Jak and Daxter Trilogy doesn't hold up very well as a remastered version of the original games.
  2. May 7, 2012
    Playing this collection on the big screen TV has left me wanting for more.
    Three legendary platformers remade for the power of PlayStation 3 come in one box. They did not lose any of their appeal and its playability is still flawless. [Apr 2012]