6.8

1. DanaO.
    Dec 4, 2009
    Wow, so many negative reviews of the game up there right now... I found it was a very enjoyable experience, and I played through both campaigns. It's not going to be my first recommendation this holiday, but if you could find it for, say, $39.99, it'd be a pretty good deal. There's a lot of content on the disc, and I had a great time, especially for a licensed game.
  2. Dec 19, 2011
    Well, Avatar was a good movie, but the game was pushed out way too early. The game had great potential, but you always know what's gonna happen with Ubisoft. I expected this game to be a freeroam RPG game with many quests, gear and enemies, but no, I was disappointed. You should just rent this game or try at friend's. You really can't give a score on this game. You either like it or not.

It does little to endorse Ubisoft's claim that it's been in development for years, as underneath the admittedly high-detail visuals it's a pretty rudimentary thing. It's a long way better than bilge like the Quantum of Solace, but it's certainly got no sense of a landmark pop-cultural moment, in the way we're repeatedly told the film will.
  2. While the presentation is great and the combat generally enjoyable, the missions leave a lot to be desired - and there's little of the sense of wonder that the movie promises. Had the two campaigns been packed with superbly entertaining moments, the missions been more diverse in their structure, and the "vehicles" been more fun to man, then yes, Avatar the Game might have reached the heights its source material looks set to achieve.
    Simply a rather dull experience, which could be the worst thing you could say for any piece of entertainment. From my time with it, James Cameron's Avatar: The Video Game only furthers the point, rather than dispels it, that the movie-to-video game genre is as treacherous as the planet of Pandora itself.