• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Feb 22, 2011
7.9

1. Feb 23, 2011
    kloborgg, kyo1980, and xbox360 users this is how i feel. looking at every fps to hit the market in recent memory ....black ops, battlefield, medal of honor.... can killzone3 compete...yes....enough to spend 65$ ...yes.... i don't play fps very well... ok i stink...so botzone is fine by me that make me feel the online experience without getting 1 billion deaths... the game reminds me of halo and halo 2, because of its other world planetary atmosphere...the graphics are awesome, there is junk flying and swirling around you... plus the people big enough i can see and identify what i need to plus the enemies ....the story is as long as everybody else so i really can't mark it down for that.... killzone3 is actually a 9.25 maybe 9.5.... its helped out by being interesting enough to make me want it, and being accessible enough so that even with my suckiness i can play a first person shooter to...and understand what i'm doing ...the little reticule that tells you where you need to go is smart...i'm usually overwhelmed and confused by fps...the GRAPHICS ARE REMARKABLE...explosion and sound are on point... multiplayer connects fine runs fine, loud obnoxious people lol...botzone is sweet...level design is nice... game is 9.25 because i enjoy it 10... it rocks....i am amending my review to add in obvious xbox360 fanboy hatred...metacritic did remove the zero scores however, kloborgg your review bothers me...you only compare killzone 3 to other similar games but seem to forget its its on universe...its not halo, or black ops so if killzone 1 and 2 didn't have 1000 weapons why would killzone 3 ? they also wear bodysuits, black ops and battfield don't maybe that explains the slowness...you have only reviewed 2 games 1 on xbox360 halo you gave a 10... wow on pc. a 10...suddenly your in ps3 giving killzone 3 a 6...your halo review insults halo...your killzone 3 review insults halo yet you gave it a perfect score...you attacked every component of killzone 3 listing it as inferior...that smells of ps3 hatred......like you said at the end of your halo review if you was going to dislike us anyway...hate our game, try and nitpick it, and clown its scores with trash....nobody at sony said its the best fps ever as you claim...like you said leave us alone... killzone 3 is a highly worthy threequel and your reviews along with the three removed 0's is just hatred and spite...nothing you said gives ANY indications you were after any other verdict....botzone is included for people like me...you asked i'm answering Expand
  2. Feb 22, 2011
  3. Feb 23, 2011
    An unremarkable game. The only things "outstanding" about this game are its visuals. The gameplay feels much less "sluggish" than the last game, which is good, but it's still sluggish compared to most others. Some mark this as a good thing, saying it gives weapons a feeling of "weight". The thing is, there's a difference between weight and response time. The fact that it wobbles and slows the character down gives a great sense of the physical interaction between you and your gun. The fact that it takes a second after you move the joystick to register movement..does not. Let me put it this way:

If you're carrying a 40lb gun, you're probably not going to be able to jump freely and run and twist like a maniac. However, if you want to turn 45 degrees to face an enemy, you'll be able to that nearly instantly; there is no delay between your brain signaling and your arm moving. In that regard, Killzone 3 still feels sluggish. If you want a weight-y feeling without loss of control, try Crysis 2.

On to visuals and audio.. they're some of the best on the consoles. I was never a fan of the super-intense blurring that they like to apply on to every single object, but the terrain is chock-full of detail and high-res textures. It doesn't quite measure up to the best games on the PC, but it's pretty damn impressive for a console that's 4-5 years old. The audio is loud, booming, and intense. Personally, I'd say Bad Company has got it beat, but that aside there's no competition. I could do without that annoying N64 beep sound every time I kill an enemy, but hey, that's just me.

Storymode.. is depressing. I can't remember the last time an FPS story has really stood out to me. I enjoyed Halo 3, but that's because I enjoyed the first Halo, not because the game itself had a great story. Reach and ODST (in my opinion), were both pretty disappointing. All the recent Call of Duty games are completely forgettable, though Black Ops did at least try to make some sort of plot twist (thought not with a very good conclusion). And so with Killzone 3 you get awfully typical, sometimes ridiculous action storyline that you will forget in a few weeks. Apparently, the campaign story is just there to move you from place to place in today's shooters. So, if we want quality storytelling, look to RPGs.

Multiplayer.. the reason most people buy the game. Well, it's really nothing special. The only things unique are "Botzone" and the game-changing feature Warzone that return from KZ2. I don't understand why you would need to play against Bots on a console that has built-in WiFi with free access to the internet, but it's certainly cool that they added it. Warzone keeps longer game sessions less tedious, but I found they sort of thin out the aspect of teamwork. I feel Battlefield games excel in almost forcing random people into working together to get the job done. In Warzone, every 5 minutes you have a new objective, pretty much convincing you to work at it by yourself in the best way possible. I'm not going to say there's no teamwork, and in fact there's probably more than in most Deathmatch games. Those features aside, everything else is what you expect. Call of Duty-esque gameplay, on some good maps (more variety than KZ2). You can unlock slightly more guns than last time, in a much less linear fashion. But really, the progression can't really measure up to its competitors. Black Ops went full out with their gun-customization and credit system, and even Reach gave a pretty bountiful armory to fill up. Plus, in terms of custom games or any other non-ranked multiplayer, KZ3 falls desperately short. Black Ops has their little betting system, and Reach has Forge-World and unmatched Custom Game editing.

So there you have it. For the record, I own a Playstation 3, an Xbox 360, and a gaming PC. I play games based on merit, not based on what company decided to sponsor it. I compared this game to BlOps and Reach several times because those are the main console shooters these days, not because I have any love for those too. I can't stand playing Black Ops are after so many years of MW, and while I enjoy Reach, I do feel it was a disappointment campaign-wise, and I don't think it measures up to the prior games in the series. The FPS market has been a bit dry recently, so I highly recommend waiting for two games: Crysis 2 and Battlefield 3, both for the PC if possible. The gameplay in Crysis 2 will feel familiar to CoD-fans, and the thought of playing Battlefield 2 with next-gen graphics and destruction just makes me feel warm and happy. If you have only a PS3, yes, get Killzone. It's a technical achievement and a decent game, but in substance it's not anywhere near "the best FPS ever".
  4. Feb 22, 2011
    Gears of What? Halo Who? You'll be forgetting those games even existed after playing this amazing sci-fi shooter. You cannot compare a buggy console port like Call of Duty: Black Ops to a PS3 exclusive like Killzone 3. If you want to compare the two, It's mostly like a nasal-voiced tween walking into a heavily armored Helghast base dressed in a ghillie suit he bought from Wal-Mart with an Airsoft rifle in hand; Shouting "What fool? You a scrub. I take ya'll Helghast down." The nasal-voiced zit-face tween being Call of Duty: Black Ops. Expand
  5. Feb 22, 2011
    Despite some of the recent reviews ive read, where the game gets basically called a cod ripoff with no originality, and a horrible storyline, I must say that I just cant agree with any of those reviews, I was about to leave gaming as a whole because i was just tired of playing the same games all the time. Killzone 2 brought me back to gaming all of a sudden, it was very original, with an awesome multiplayer and the best graphics ive ever seen (not technically, but still it has the best mapping and characters ive ever seen in a game). Then killzone 3 arrives and it gets insulted by some reviewers and fans. But what are the contents of this game? Basically, this game improves killzone 2 on everything, it has many more weapons, BIGGER weapons infact (miniguns, rocket launchers, tanks, laser guns, heavy machine guns, etc), better multiplayer,better storyline (although still preety poor), co-op gameplay, even better graphics and sound, preety much all of the things which ruined in some ways killzone 2, are fixed in killzone 3. The multiplayer on the other hand should have something fixed, and thats the amount of recoil in the weapons, it removed a lot from the recoil in killzone 2 which made the weapons back then feel extremely realistic and powerful. At the same time the multiplayer is much more addictive than before and has even better maps. My favourite fps of all times, 10/10 Expand
  6. May 11, 2011
    Ignore YodaCracker's review, if you check his history he gives all PS3 games incredibly low ratings including giving Little Big Planet 2 a 0/10. He's a troll. Killzone 3 his honestly one of the best FPS games I've played in a while. The Move is incredible (once tweaked and after approx 1.5 hrs practice), I can't go back to DS3, analogs feel sluggish and very inaccurate now) - Move is revolutionary for console FPS games. The MP is amazing! I logged about 10hrs each into Reach and Black Ops MP since launch, about 20hrs in BFBC2 and have played over 7 hrs of K3s multiplayer already, the game is that good! It's probably my fav FPS MP this gen so far. I sincerely hope Sony implements Move into all future 1st/3rd party FPS games because I can't go back to standard controls. The SP is a lot more fun that I expected given what the review sites said, definitely a lot better than Black Ops or MW2s SP, but not quite as good as Reach. If you like FPS games this is among the best there is, I definitely recommend buying it. Expand
  7. Feb 22, 2011
    Bravo, Guerrilla. I mean it, you guys have created the best FPS of this gen and one of the best FPS' of all time. Up until today, KZ2 was my favourite game but now it's without a doubt KZ3. Story: I have no idea what the hell the reviewers are talking about, the story in KZ3 is fantastic, especially for an FPS. The writing was slick, the subplots were interesting, and everything fit. What more cold you ask for? Well, maybe a better ending than the half-assed one we got. Endings are something Guerrilla really needs to work on, imo. Gameplay: Better than KZ2 in every single way. I loved the controls, the variety of the vehicles, etc. However, was it just me, or is KZ3 a f*ck ton harder than KZ2? I had no trouble beating KZ2 on Elite, but KZ3 on normal kicked my ***! Voice Acting: Honestly, I consider the new Sev and Narville completely new characters. While I really did like them in KZ3, they certainly were not the same in KZ2, attitude and personality wise. Sev was more of a kid and far less professional while Narville was more pansy and less gun-ho in KZ3. Regardless, I liked them. Rico's voice was very well done. Not better than KZ1's Rico, but much better than KZ2's (Same VA, I know). The real star of the show, to me, is Ray Winstone. Don't get me wrong, Malcolm did an awesome job, but Ray knocked it out of the park!

Multiplayer: Intense, addicting, action packed, tactical - it's perfect! Well, as soon as they sort out the connection issues. Set-pieces: Epic, epic, epic. That sums up the set pieces and cutscenes in KZ3. EPIC! All in all, I must say, this was quite an experience. Definitely worth $140 and 2 years of waiting.
  8. Feb 22, 2011
    A game with a fun and adictive multiplayer, with literally no unbalanced weapon and awesome maps where teamplay is a big and decisive factor? One of the best singleplayer experiences which lasts from 7 to 8 hours in easy/normal mode 8 to 10 hours in hard mode? A revolutionary cover system, now upgraded with a sliding and climbing ability? Best graphics on console? Yes thats killzone 3, and I dont think it deserves that 8.5 metascore. While other games like modern warfare 2 have a 9.5 with an unplayable multiplayer, average graphics and boring lineal singleplayer, killzone 3 in the other hand with one of the most funniest experiences ever just has an 8.5. PROS:: Everything. CONS. BEING EXTREMELY NITPICKY:: Storyline, facial expressions on secondary characters, we want more! Expand
  9. Feb 22, 2011
    Killzone 2 was a great game and I would give it around a 8.8, but Killzone 3 is better in every aspect and deserves a 9.8. It has more action packed singleplayer, better graphics, better controls, and the multiplayer... well lets just say it's banana insane! If your a FPS fan and have been playing games like COD, Halo, Battlefield, Medal of Honor, etc. Killzone 3 is a MUST BUY. It has everything you would expect from a multilayer experience: unlocks, customization, varied gametypes, bot-mode, insane graphics, perfect hit detection, and most of all it is fun to play. I've been playing the full game since release time and I also played the Open and Private betas they had earlier this year, so I've got a lot of gametime with this game. On top of that I've played over 15 days of Black Ops 12 days of Bad Company 2, 8 days of Medal of Honor and almost every other FPS on the market. So trust me when I say... Killzone 3 is amazing! Expand
  10. Feb 28, 2011
    All over scripted rail shooter. The campaign is way too short, no significant changes in visuals and gameplay.It's the same ol' boring KZ 2.5. The MP is quite entertaining though... 5,5
  11. Jun 7, 2011
    This game is really good! Wonderful graphics, game play smooth, great sound, fun coop campaign e provides to you so many hours os multplayer on line with the possibility of 24 players in the battlefield. This game is a little ta-tics, if you have one group to join Killzone 3 with you, it will be really fun!!
  12. Feb 22, 2011
    Killzone 3 is to Killzone 2 what Resistance 2 was to Resistance: FOM, or what Modern Warfare 2 was to Call of Duty 4: a unique, tightly crafted shooter experience thrown into the Michael Bay-athon converter in the name of larger set pieces, more explosions and a larger number of enemies to kill. Also, like the Resistance series, Killzone 3 has taken a lot of cues from COD, which unfortunately does far more bad than good to a game that already had a strong and unique identity. Killzone 2 was a game that understood the unrelenting and chaotic nature of battle, and incorporated it into every aspect of its gameplay. Aiming was unforgiving and weighty, as the developers deliberately included input lag in the controls. Enemies were smart and resilient, utilizing cover and shooting blindly at you so as not to expose major body parts. Weapons had a real feeling of recoil, yet a satisfying sense of power. Killzone 2 was as close as any FPS had come to showing that shooting guns and aiming is actually very hard, and its core action distinguished it from other FPSs. For those who have not, take yourself to a gun range one day, and try shooting a target from about 20 meters back; you'll be surprised how bad a shot you actually are and how much longer it takes to line up a good shot than you would expect. Unlike in COD, just because your iron sights look like they're perfectly lined up, they probably are not, as the slightest deviation of even a fraction of a milimeter really throws your shot off; those milimeters really add up over the course of full on meters and screw the trajectory of your shot. Killzone 3 has stomped all over that to cater to the criticisms of a million crying sheep who want to play the same game (COD) over and over again. In Killzone 3, the weighty controls are mostly gone, the enemies take fewer hits to go down, are less intelligent, and there is far too much reliance on mind numbingly boring "on-rails" set piece sequences, which while pretty, from a visual perspective, have you doing nothing but holding down the fire button nonstop while your vehicle moves down a predetermined path and you watch lots of pretty explosions
    that result if a bullet of yours so much as grazes an enemy object. The level design just isn't there when the game relies on its core shooting mechanics rather than gimmicks (jet pack, etc.). In trying to add variety and cater to the more casual FPS crowd (how much more casual can you get?), Guerrilla games has abandoned the very gravitas and realistic military identity it established in KZ2. While I love COD Blackops, I bought Killzone 3 to ensure a different FPS experience, not to play its flashier, but goofier attention whore cousin.
  13. Feb 22, 2011
    Great game! Excellent graphics and gameplay.

@ps3fanfan: Firstly you obviously don't know s*** about computer graphics (this game pushes the limits of PS3) and secondly I bet you think every shooter out there is a clone of CoD. Pathetic.
  14. Feb 22, 2011
    Killzone 3 has had a lot of Hype built up around it. It is the successor to Killzone 2, which was a phenominal First Person Shooter with amazing graphics and spot on reality physics and gameplay. I am pleased to say that Killzone 3 is a fantastic successor to Killzone 2 and it is an excellent PS3 exclusive and a must own for shooter fans. Killzone 3 is a great way for sony to start the year (along with LBP2). GRAPHICS- As mentioned earlier, graphics are absolutely gorgeous. The set pieces will make your mouth drop and so will the effects and animations. This game has no technical issues except for the fact that it fades to black too much between scenes. Otherwise, this game has some of the best graphics around. And they've even added 3D to the mix. Hell yeah! STORY- The story is weak in this game and that is the problem with it. This game's story is basically about Sev and his squad stuck on a hostile enemy planet but this is never protrayed well and that is what keeps the game from getting a higher score.Also, the story never really goes anywhere. It is more like a reason to play the levels. SOUND- The sound is phenominal. The game is a deafening experience with explosions and the voice acting and soundtrack are superb. GAMEPLAY- The gameplay is similar to Killzone 2, but everything has been tweaked up and there are cool new gameplay mechanics that make the game immensly fun to play. MULTIPLAYER- In one word- AWESOME. The multiplayer is some of the most fun multiplayer I have seen and it has a fantastic level up system that makes you want to play more and more. So in a nutshell, Killzone 3 is a great game but it has a weak story that never progresses much.
    Also, if you wish to see my other review, see my review for Uncharted 2.
  15. Feb 22, 2011
    This game is AMAZING! Kick Ass story mode, great online and fun co-op! A shame they toned down the skills needed for online play compared to Killzone 2, but that doesnt stop it from being a blast! The multiplayer is alot more balanced this time around, made easier to master for the new guys joining the Killzone bandwagon from other shooters such as...you know what :P Buy it, you will not regret it!
    PS. Tactician FTW!
  16. Feb 22, 2011
    Game is like the old one KZ 2 but improved very much over graphics and gameplay. Many says it lacks story but who wants it when you can have fun killing the helgans.Move adds the next dimension to the game and really enjoyed playing it.
  17. Feb 22, 2011
    Killzone 3 graphics-10 (10 says it all) story-7 (6 if you don't have a splitcreen buddy) gameplay-10 (runs smoothly and the guns are varied this time) sound - 10 (what more do you want?) replay/enjoyment- 10 (atleast rent the game before you dis it, if you don't like it okay, but first try it) Overall: 10 The fun I had playing this with my brother, graphics, gameplay, all out weigh the meh campaign story. Expand
  18. Feb 22, 2011
    Visuals: In a word: gorgeous. From the moment you boot up the game, you'll be treated to a dazzling array of effects which swirl and engulf you. However, the facial animation and water effects look... odd. Audio: None of the weak sound effects found in Black Ops. Killzone 3 booms, thumps and explodes with a ferocity matched by few other games out there. The score is fairly cookie cutter fare and there are moments when the voice acting seems off, but it all comes together.

Gameplay: Refined and tightened. The weightiness of the controls has been tweaked to provide tighter control. It might not make it as realistic as its predecessor, but it sure makes it more fun. Everything else remains largely unchanged. You can still stick to cover, essentially making this game a 1st person Gears of War.

Value: The campaign is short and fairly entertaining. Although the plot isn't anything to write home about... it doesn't compare unfavorably to recent shooters such as Black Ops and Medal of Honor. Ultimately, Killzone 3's value lies in the multiplayer component and this is where it shines. Taking the good from Killzone 2 and fixing some niggling flaws, Guerilla Games has crafted one of the best online shooters since Bungie's Halo Reach. It's a great time to own a PS3.
  19. Feb 22, 2011
    top notch graphics(in fact the best console fps I've ever seen) **no load times** the amount of particles floating around and things going on in the environment is just stunning from a technical standpoint... good sound... good story... Move support (the sharpshooter is sick)... 3D support which I'm sure is the best 3D's current state allows(not impressed with what I've seen in 3d just yet but too each his own)... what seems to be a pretty deep online experience... if you own a ps3 treat yourself to one hell of a first person shooter... Expand
  20. May 26, 2011
    If you're looking for an epic planetary war story, you might reconsider playing Killzone 3. If, however, you're just looking for a great FPS, with lots of action, awesome maps and over the top graphics, buy this game now. The story is a bit cheesy, and most of the characters are flat enough for you to care less if they die or not, the actual game-play itself does more than make up for it. There is nothing I love more than melee attacking space nazis, gouging their eyes out and stabbing them in the neck. Expand
  21. Feb 25, 2011
    Why did the hell did they remove the custom games? The main reason I bought this game is to play custom games against the bots with my friends! I have been getting texts from them all night asking me how the game is. But when I tell them they removed the custom/bot games, none of them are willing to buy the game!

And those menus, they look like they were done by a retarded 5yr old with
    a red crayon! The numbers above a person you are shooting destroy any sense of realism! Only 6 maps, and DLC already? How can they take something that works and intentionally ruin it?

Very disappointing!
  22. Feb 23, 2011
    If you dont like this game you are probably just a mindless fanboy, its got everything you want from an fps and more: vehicle battles (singleplayer and multiplayer), awesome sniping, cover system, sliding, big/medium/small weapons, awesome storyline and the greatest antagonists ever, Mcdowell you rule!
    Btw In this metacritic site PS3FanFan is an xbox fanboy and TLS21 is stupid enough to
    not play the game and still review it :P Expand
  23. Mar 1, 2011
    A MUST HAVE! Pay no attention to the haters leaving a low score for this game (Haters) this game ROCKS! From the very first level to the final stage of the game it does not stop with action.
  24. Feb 24, 2011
    I love this game. Everything about it is intense. The graphics are great, the cutscenes are impressive, and I enjoy the gameplay. I've played it with the standard controls and with the sharpshooter. I've been finding myself enjoying it more with the sharpshooter than with the standard controller. Overall I recommend anybody to buy this game.
  25. Mar 2, 2011
    What a great FPS! I am having a hard time understanding some of the complaints about this game. Like any Oscar worthy movie, the story here is not for everybody. I don't think the narrative is bad or the acting for that matter. I really enjoy the story behind Killzone, but understand why some people don't. There are some holes and questions I have about it, but I had similar questions after watching the movie Inception. The point is, I don't think the story is weak, I just don't believe, everyone will love it like me. As far as mechanics are concerned, I think they're great. The controls are tight, the weapons feel great, the level design is solid etc..... Some of the levels run a little linear, but so do most FPS's. It's just that other FPS's hide the linearity a little better. The multiplayer is right up there with COD and other competent shooters, even though it doesn't offer anything new or things you haven't seen before. There are some multiplayer modes that are a little different, but not enough to stand on their own. It's still competetive, addicting and fun. Graphically, the game is a beast. In a good way. From bullets whizzing through the air leaving trails, structures collapsing, explosions showering the air with smoke, dust and debris, heads occasionally exploding, filling the air with a red fog, this game looks amazing and eerily realistic. I found this almost a turn off. There we're moments when I said to mysef, "Holy **** this looks to real!". If put in a real life scenario, I think military vets might actually complain about the realism of the bloodletting. All and all, this is a great game, a great FPS and I personally believe it should be mentioned in the same breath as Halo. I actually like this game better for all the reasons I stated. Which is no knock on Halo. I love the that series too as well as CoD. I just think this game is a slight notch above the rest. It would be like arguing that Peyton Manning is better than Tom Brady. Take your pick. Expand
  26. Feb 24, 2011
    Great game, a must-have for all PS3 owners. Graphics are A+ as always, and multiplayer is active.

If you have already played Killzone 2, it's very very similar. Though some will argue with me, I am just a casual Killzone player, it's basically an upgrade as far as multiplayer goes. I purchased this on release, and so far there are a few loading issues and bugs, but I'm sure in a week
    or two they will be sorted out. Other than that, every thing is great. Expand
  27. Feb 22, 2011
    The first thing I would like to say is that its single player is boring. So if you thought that Killzone 2s' story was boring, you will most likely fins Killzone 3s' story boring. I was really disappointed with the games single player, after reading all of those interviews with Guerrilla games online, i thought that the single player would be a lot better but it wasn't. Although the graphics are great and the voice acting is decent, the single player was just mediocre. I seriously do not understand how professional reviewers can say that the single player was great. Well anyways there is also the multiplayer. The multiplayer is very good, it's not the best but it has kept me entertained for a couple of days now(I got my copy early). The only thing that is missing from the multiplayer is more game modes, but hopefully they will add more with future updates. Also, this game is a lot smoother than killzone 2, I actually like it a lot better, aiming is not as frustrating as it was in killzone 2. The controls give the the feeling of a faster paced game. Well anyways I would give the single player a 5/10, and the multiplayer a 9/10 which averages out at a 7/10. If you are not a fan of FPS I would recommend that you rent it just to see what the PS3 is capable of doing, and if you are a fan of FPS(like myself) I would tell you to buy it for the multiplayer. Expand
  28. Feb 23, 2011
    AMAZING! simply a must buy for ps3 owners. It has tweaked killzone 2 in every way from the controls to the weapons. Tweaking killzone 2 is all this game needed and the multiplayer is so addictive and satisfying that you won't put your controller down. The reasons why you should but this game is because of: graphics, great multiplayer maps, awesome weapons, awesome multiplayer classes and controls that have a nice balance of killzone 2 and battlefield bad company 2. 10/10. Expand
  29. Feb 23, 2011
    Very impressive graphically,though not as good as Gears or God of War.Excellent audio.Expect 5min action,fade to black,cutscene,the entire way.Weapons,as usual in the series,are excellent.
    All in all,a well made FPS with intense action,good visuals,forgettable story and characters
    .Is it worth a purchase?Yes,KZ3 fits right in with the release window where nothing else substantial is
    available for a couple weeks.So get it and trade it after a week or so. Expand
  30. Feb 23, 2011
    This game is simply amazing. The single player campaign is not bad as others will tell you. If you played any FPS within the last decade, you are use to not having a detailed story like an RPG. The Move controller with this game fits extremely well. It's an awesome experience and isn't gimmicky. The graphics wasn't what I liked the most, the game-play is strong. I didn't wanted to give it a 10 because people won't take this review seriously. I'm a HUGE Halo fan, but this is just way more fun to play. I wish this game had an XBOX port so I can play with more of my friends. Yes, it's that good. Expand
  31. Jun 5, 2011
    +looks great
    +balanced and varied campaign
    +difficulty level
    +move and sharp shooter playing

-series deserts for more deeper profile of characters
    -a few technical bugs
  32. Feb 25, 2011
    This is the best FPS I've ever played, and I've played pretty much every FPS ever made. The graphics and animations are superb, the music is awesome and the sound effects make you feel like you really are there in the battlefield.
  33. Mar 3, 2011
    Wow this is what I'm talking about,Killzone3 is by far one of those Must have games if your a PS3 owner.Great story Very good Multi-player and By far the best Graphics I've seen so Far in a fps Game to date..
  34. Feb 24, 2011
    This game has sluggish controls and almost fights against your commands. None of the maps stand out and they all are just wreckage and rumble maps. The maps range from being barely average to just lame. Many of the game classes have abilities that make the game chaotic, example being cloaked until you hit something or making your self look like a friendly player to your enemy. In the end most team mates just unload on you to be safe which of course causes more chaos.Grenades have there own path and don't go where your cross hairs are pointed. You can't even customize your controls you only get two options to choose from. The game only has split screen co-op, so NO ONLINE co-op. Welcome to the late 90's. If you can get around all of this the games ok. Rent it, you might just save yourself $53. Expand
  35. Feb 23, 2011
    Another solid FPS to add to Sony's line up of exclusives. Killzone 3 visuals are really something to talk about. Every level in the single player campaign looks fantastic and very well detailed. All the sounds of guns and voice acting are very good. Story is good, but left me wanting more after I completed the campaign. It may have taken me about 6 or 7 hours to complete. I remember it taking longer to complete KZ2. Controls are good and there is still the option to change them to the Call of Duty controls so that is good. Multiplayer is fun, however it would have better for more game types as what is available gets a little boring. Make no mistake though killzone 3 is the best FPS, so far this year. Expand
  36. Feb 26, 2011
    killzone 3 is a brilliant game!the graphics are amazing much more intresting than killzone 2 which dwelled on dark places and ruined buildings killzone 3 has arctic plains,jungles and other interesting settings.the story is better which the last game fell short on.oh and the gameplay which made me dislike the killzone 2 has been tweaked for the best possible playing experiance,sorry some people might argue that was killzone 2s strong point fine then they can change the settings in the game.quite simply the best game ive played for a while. Expand
  37. Feb 24, 2011
    i didnt want to write a review for kz3 because i feel biased towards it. it is my favorite franchise of all time. this game is innovative. every one wants to compare it to bfbc2 and cod and other shooters. but this series started in 2004. it created weigted controls. this game was made to take people who werent good at shooters and still make them apart of a team, and they can still contribute, unlike cod where its survival of the glitchiest. not gettin many kills? be a medic and keep the killing machines on your team alive! cant find pesky snipers? be the tactician and show all your team mates where they are. there is a counter for everything and a place for everyone. people are forgetting games were made to be fun and enjoyable, and this is a game made for the fans, it has a great story line (the whole story is on youtube) the gameplay is innovative, move works awesome on this. the gametypes are a blast, and warzone is still the best gametype around. if your not sure about it rent it, and if your having a tough time remember its different but thats why you play killzone, for something new, something good. and dedicated servers means no annoying host migration! Play it enjoy it love it because it really is an amazing game Expand
  38. Feb 22, 2011
    First off, I am an unbiased review meaning I have no favorite game title but love fps games. By this I have played every owned since cod on Xbox. Now since that being said there was a lot of hype before this game hit the market, videos of the creative Team Guerrilla speaking the mechanics and specifics of the game, everything. So even before I had decided to consider this a contender in the fps war, I heard all and seen all content available. Since most of the critic was positive( except for the story mode not being improved over Kz2) so I decided to tryout the game even with the hype. First said the graphics are phenomenal, have not seen a game compare in my opinion since Uncharted 2 hit the stores, maybe even God of War III. Second the story is considerably weak, sometimes to the point I wish they had took some focus off of the animations in the story to help the story move along itself because it can get dreary. But most important what counts in a fps the multi-player, this is exactly what you thought the multi-player in Kz2 should have been its like they took your thoughts and applied them in substantial amounts. Nonetheless this game is not perfect, but is hard to compete with on graphics(was not a fan of black ops graphics), movement realism, controls and online enjoyment. Hopefully Resistance 3 will be as good or better. Collapse
  39. Mar 1, 2011
    Sweet game, these other reviewers who give it negative scores, probably suck at the game. I am not saying I'm good at the game. The multi player is very tough and competitive. The campaign is pretty fun to. Kinda linear but still a good time.
  40. Oct 30, 2011
    Killzone 3 is truly a great PS3-only game. The campaign tells a compelling story, but the Helghast seem to have a much more just cause. A campaign with a both ISA and Helghast sides of the conflict would have been nice, but the place where Killzone really stands out is in multiplayer. It is class based, with each class having a distinct playing style on the batlefield. Jetpacks, Mortar Beacons, and Invisibility cloaks make multiplayer a unique and incomparably fun experience. Expand
  41. Feb 28, 2011
    Disclaimer: I have only played a few levels of the Single Player. But I've spent about 14+ hours on multi-player so far and it is fantastic. I didn't really like the heavy controls in Killzone 2 and they fixed that in KZ3! Graphics = awesome! Sound = awesome! As for a multiplayer FPS this one is great!!! I heard the campaign itself isn't that entertaining but I really don't care. I would have bought the game just for the online portion. Expand
  42. Mar 17, 2011
    Killzone 3 is a credible shooter that's solid and satisfying. The new executions are fun to pull off, the shooting is finely honed and considerably accurate. The set piece moments are also epic and memorable. The problems start busting in once you realise that all you get is a shooter like many others, the story is a prime example of this trend. Sev is dry and the narrative in general has you following orders from the ISA ring leader, giving no sense of personality to any of the characters. Another big issue is that most of these characters are your typical mucho men, with big muscles and a lot of guns, but it's hard to convince us that they're the good guys. Generally Killzone 3 improves its fundamentals but at the heavy cost of conformity. Expand
  43. Feb 28, 2011
    The game as a whole is very will done! The graphics are great. The sound is awesome, I personally think it feels really good too. I like the sliding into cover feature and the leaning out of cover idea. Melee's are more realistic and look awesome! Not a split second knife slash for an instant kill (lol) I just feel like it falls a bit short on the story end of it. I didnt play Killzone 1 and maybe thats why I dont 'care' about what happens in KZ 2 or 3. it doesnt pull me in. Online is decent, but i dont care for much online play anyways. If you like FPS and you liked KZ 2, give it a shot! Expand
  44. Feb 23, 2011
    The best so far. Killzone 3 takes what was good from the second, and keeps that feeling with the third. Taking the graphics one step further, as well as the over all combat. And when you ad in the move, preferably with the Sharpshooter, it takes it up again. And on top of that, add 3-D to those who have made the plunge, and reward them for it. With a story that makes you understand your enemy that much better, it makes the over all feeling worth it. Its no Uncharted, but its a damn close second for the PS3. Expand
  45. Feb 25, 2011
    Great game, while campaign could have been done better, the Multiplayer is Incredible and the graphics are stunning, a must buy for FPS lovers! also a good way to get into the FPS genre.
  46. Feb 24, 2011
    This game is amazing from the begining to the end of the single player campain.The pacing and varaity has improved substantially from killzone2 wich was a one trick pony.The ghraphics are unparralled in a consol fps from the textures to the visaul affects you will be amazed also no loading helps the game progress from one amazing scene to the next.Gameplay has also had a touchup not changing the feel of killzone but adding and improving on it.I have a move controller and nav and this is where I personaly think this has changed the way we will be playing fps on the ps3 it takes some time but once you get it you wont want to play another fps without move support.In conclussion killzone3 has smashed my expectations in every regard well done guirrella games. Expand
  47. Feb 26, 2011
    KZ3 and CoD4, are best FPS games for current-gens. Different shooters, but both are pefect. Killzone have amazing single and multiplayer. This game makes PS3 best console for online shooters. 10/10
  48. Feb 26, 2011
    After picking up Killzone 3 I felt compelled to write my first review on this site. I am an avid FPS fan and to be honest I picked this game up just for a bit of fun to pass the time. I played Killzone 2 and thought it was a decent game but nothing particularly exciting and I honestly expected more of the same from this game, but I was pleasantly surprised. I'll split this review into single and multiplayer, but before that I want to discuss the controls. Any good FPS fan wants to know how a game controls as it can make or break an FPS, well I'm happy to say the control are great. It's very smooth and the sensitivity controls allow you to find a nice setting you will be comfortable with. I play COD:MW2 with sensitivity 10 and whilst the controls aren't quite as smooth as MW2, they are still easy to use and a VAST improment over KZ2 in my opinion, in which I found aiming to be sluggish and 'weighted'. Single Player

Now, story in this game isn't its strong point, however, I never expect storys in FPS games to be good. It's full of cheesy dialogue and a predictable story line, however, I still enjoyed the ride. The graphics are second to none and the sound is probably the best I've heard, you can hear every bullet as they whiz past your head and the explosions and background noise is brilliant. The game is surprisingly varied for this type of game, you never get chance to get bored before the game changes the pace up. Between normally duck and cover gameplay, the vehicular getaways, stealthy action all keep you entertained as you make your way through the game. As a side note, I am not a sci-fi fan and am not a fan of 'mech' style vehicles, however, the ones in this game not feel awkward, they are fluid moving (they even run) so even not being a fan of this type of play normally, I was surprised how much I enjoyed it. It's not a very long game, but it's pretty standard size for shooters nowadays.

Multiplayer

If you are new to the Killzone series, I highly suggest going into Bot mode whilst you learn the way the classes work, I didn't really play KZ2 online cause I wasn't a fan of the controls, so I was new to it and was a bit overwhelmed at first. There are 3 types of matchs, your basic team deathmatch, warzone which constantly changes the objective of the game every 5 minutes, and a classic battlefield type match. All play as you would expect, apart from Warzone, which played alot better than I anticipated. At the start of each game you pick a class, each starts with very little, but as you play and level up, you unlock new guns, perks, etc. Each class plays quite differently, but all have their advantages without any feeling overpowered. For example, a medic can have a medi-droid with him that can help shoot at enemies and revive you when you die (only once per life and only if not fatally wounded) and Marksman can turn invisable for short periods of time. It's all well balanced and nothing feels cheap. There isn't a massive selection of maps, but what is there, is solid, they are well thought out and a joy to play in. Guns feel deadly when used correctly, SMG's and Shotguns are powerful up close but at range leave alot to be desired, Assault Rifles are a nice mid range weapon and Sniper rules the roost at range. Killstreaks give you extra XP but no air support, radar, etc, which really doesn't stop you having alot of fun. I haven't had any problems with lag, bugs, crashes, etc, so nothing to complain about there.

To sum up, I love this game, I honestly didn't except it to be this good, but I'm actually stopping playing MW2 and Black Ops to enjoy this gem online. I really hope this game gets the attention it should, because it seriously deserves it.
  49. Feb 26, 2011
    Great title and a even better exclusive. Lots of modes, realistic shooting, awesome graphics, the story it's nothing to brag about but it's still better than CoD: Black Ops, it has 3D and move, jetpacks and mechs in multyplayer. it's just the best shooter you can and should be playing right now .thank you guerrilla. keep up the good work!
  50. Feb 28, 2011
    Online multiplayer is great. You feel like you are really in the middle of a war.... One of the best shooters i have ever played. Graphics are fantastic! They are really pushing boundaries there. Guerrilla has done it again!
  51. Mar 4, 2011
    I just can't get into this game (I'm currently on mission 6). Every time I try and play the campaign I find myself tempted to hit the eject button before I doze off. I really wanted to like this game... like the graphics are nice and all but (excuse my french) I don't really give 2 **** about any of the characters or what will happen in the story. Then I thought hmmmmmmm...maybe this is similar to CoD (bad campaign, good multiplayer). I played online for about 30 minutes and I thought ...eh.... its oooook, no cover system really (don't get me started on the single player "cover system"), environments are kinda dull and uninteresting. I have to admit that I did enjoy the stealth mission and snow level but I found it hard to continue playing after that. I'm not writing this review to offend anyone...I rate games based on how I feel playing them. Gaming shouldn't be about - "oh this game has stellar graphics", or "this game has so many extra things I can do!" Games should make you feel something...if Killzone 3's goal was to make the player feel as if they're actually in a Warzone shooting at enemy combatants, they may have partially achieved that, however having 2 dimensional copy and paste main protagonists pulls the game right into the **** and by the end of the game (or 6 chapters in) you just don't care anymore. And before some troll goes OMG XBOX FANBOY lemme just say that I believe PS3 exclusives are better than 360 exclusives. I was able to borrow a friends PS3 and play his copy of Uncharted 2 and later that day I found myself at Gamestop buying a PS3 and UC2. I'm glad I was able to at least rent KZ3 and give it a try. If you're playing KZ3 and love it that's totally cool, it's just not for me.

Pros: Gorgeous Visuals Characters look somewhat life-like Multiplayer is ok

Cons: Lack of a real cover system (in SP and MP) Game becomes too repetitive and boring Can't go prone Crouching near cover can sometimes make you stick to it Hollow-uninteresting characters
  52. Mar 7, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I agree with what drewezbreezee was saying, my only fault on kz3 was the camp. From what i noticed in all fps is the camp always sucks. I don't know what it is about them i can never get into them i like to play to get used to the game, but that is it nothing else. I gave this game a 9 is soloing due to the on-line play. There's aways so much going on, with explosions, bullets, cloaked, and disguised enemies, its insane! you can never just run around and not pay attention as in infiltrator could come up behind you and brutal kill you, which is another amazing thing added to this fps. I've never liked fps's but this one grabbed my attention with the things you can do, of course the brutal kills, the different classes, and the way you can choose what you want to level. I have told many of the people i work with about this game and now we all play after work. I did notice that the camp was a little bit different than most fps's but still lacking that i want to play it feeling. If the camp was better this game would easily have gotten a ten, but keep up the great work. Expand
  53. Mar 17, 2011
    Killzone 3 was one of my most wanted FPS game on the PS3, got it, played it. Rubbish. Killzone 3's story is extremely bad. But the game brings more action which is really fun and entertaining but it doesn't cover up it's issues. You now have a new weapon slot (about time) but it can only be a heavy weapon but it's decent enough, you still have the pistol which I never use because it's so useless. The voice acting in the game is horrible, no real effort was put into it and some doesn't seem like their own voices. And sometimes the sounds the characters make are pathectic.
    The online is bad, I jumped in a game and it was lag from hell. The new layout for the classes are very boring, I loved to see what my character looked like but KZ3 just ruined it.

Killzone 3 does have some impressive things to bring, but it doesn't live up to what I hoped. A bad game.
  54. Feb 20, 2012
    If you are tired of traditional shooters then this is the perfect game. Set with an original gameplay gives a little bit of tactical combat that differentiate to the other fast-paced shooters at the moment. The campaign has a nice set of set-pieces presented in cutscenes instead of real time events ( that many shooters uses this days ). Graphics are stellar, stunning and impressive , but the facial details are a little ugly or just not in par with other games that has better facial graphics . Some animations problems get in the way when you see your AI partner stabbing or doing close combat sequences , also little glitches get in the way along with that but its part of it. Multiplayer is the big grand daddy of the Playstation exclusives, heck ! Even better than non-exclusives FPS nowadays. So go ahead and play this . Expand
  55. Jan 10, 2012
    I'm going to get right to the point. If you enjoyed Killzone 2 and appreciated a shooter that thought "outside the box" well you'll be VERY disappointed with kz 3. Kz 3 on it's own is a decent game but I could never get over why some of the great features where removed. Things like not being able to play ALL game modes on all the maps, custom games server browsing, in game squad feature, spawn on squad leader, spawn camera, spectator mode, decent stat tracking, run stamina, prox chat, recoil/gun play, clan support, faction balancing, 32 player, and spawn nades. I mean really, this is a sequel?

Anyway..kz 3 is decent shooter but it's on my biggest disappointment of 2011 list.
  56. Feb 25, 2011
    I'm very disappointed with this game.In my opinion Killzone 2 is a much better game.It might not be better looking then Killzone 3 but it plays a hell of a lot better.It's starting to feel like all of the other first person shooters.I thought Killzone 2 was just about as good as it gets at the time it was released and one that I will go back and play many times in the future.Gorilla you need to step up your game with the next installment. Expand
  57. Jun 3, 2011
    This is my favorite PS3 game of all time. I enjoyed the campaign, but the multiplayer was where it was at for me. It has 8 balanced maps, the dlc maps are also great. THe modes Warzone, Guerilla Warfare, and Operations are all fun to play and original. If you're looking for a game with a amazing story, this game isn't for you. If you're looking for a fun campaign and a fantastic multiplayer experience then this is a game for you. Expand
  58. Mar 27, 2011
    Killzone 3 is an amazing game. Awesome visuals and very appropriate movements based on what you are carrying or doing at the time. The story is fantastic. It is better than the vast majority of the games I have played, and unlike some other FPS games, this story is one you really should be diving into to see the full potential of Killzone 3. The game is rather difficult, and that is something you will either love or hate. Online play is also great. You will experience some of the most chaotic FPS gameplay you have ever seen to date. Explosions distort your vision, and with the Infiltrator class, you will be forced to stay on your toes. Its exhilarating, and the chaos is compounded when the entire battlefield is targeting one location. Killzone 3 is an outstanding FPS, and those with a PS3 should at least try this one out. It is not for everyone, but FPS lovers should get a big kick out of this one. Expand
  59. Mar 14, 2011
    This is a great PS3 game, worth playing once or twice, but it definitely has it's flaws. The hype on this game was ridiculous, and I'm a little disappointed that I can't give this game a 10. The visuals are obviously stunning, some of the best I've seen on the PS3 (Hell, even modern PC games) hands down. I'm decent at FPS games, but the single player on Normal was very challenging, annoying and frustrating trying to figure out how to not get killed. Your team's AI is obnoxious, they were constantly getting stuck on objects, running around mindlessly. When I was downed, I was constantly getting dialog (Which again... Obnoxious) saying "I can't reach you! I'm coming for you! You're too far! No wait... I'm not going to lose you!" It takes sooooo frustratingly long to restart once you die because the AI is trying to find a way to revive you. In Co-op it is worse, ten fold. That's not to say that this game doesn't have it's great moments. It's a great "action movie." In fact, I think a majority of the game is cutscenes. Okay, I'm exaggerating, but you don't even get to play all of the cool parts, you get to watch them! And the ending! The ending of the game is absolutely terrible. It's as if they ran out of time. It's boring, uneventful, and predictable.

Multiplayer seemed to be the best part, but after connection errors, constantly getting sniped, and the other team constantly being infiltrators, it got boring fast. Oh, and the bots. Bots galore! You can level up in a couple days and it doesn't really show much. The multiplayer feels slow and sluggish, which can be refreshing for those who hate the arcade style CoD. All in all, I played the single player alone and then co-op. I played the multiplayer for 2 weeks or so. And I'm going to get rid of this game. I'm completely bored of it. Lastly, I'd like to mention that I wanted to buy the Move for this game, but I couldn't afford it, so I played it with a regular dual shock. So I can't speak for the 3D and Move experience, but I can imagine it can add another layer of depth.
  60. Feb 28, 2011
    This was a fun game, especially with the sharpshooter gun. It wasn't as challenging as KZ2, nor was it as long. However, the multiplayer makes up for it's short length. By the way the 3D mode is mind blowing. Graphics 10, Sound 10, Difficulty 7, Replayability 8, Overall score 9.
  61. Mar 3, 2011
    The Critic score is 85 and the user score is 8.4 (84) so clearly this is a good game. I give it 9 because for me it is the second best first person shooter available on PS3. Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare is the best in my opinion, because it was original, all the sequels have been brilliant but more samey than any other shooter sequels. Story missions as good as Call Of Duty and online as good as Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Astounding graphics, spot on sound effects, intelligent AI, average plot, average voice acting but an excellent addition too the range of PlayStation 3 exclusives. Must Buy. Expand
  62. Jun 19, 2011
    Yeah, I was suprised. The caning people gave it seemed a bit unjust as i thoughts it was really good. The difference between big budget games and the production is evident as this plays like a dream. The east end feel of the helghast are not as threatening as a home game at West Ham but its getting there!! Queeny, god bless ya. Good weapons and certainly contains a few real tough bottle necks. good plot, lots of swearing, happy days. Expand
  63. Mar 8, 2011
    To me no game is perfect, however with that said, Killzone 3 is a definite improvement over Killzone 2. I would give this a 9.5 but Metacritic doesn't allow a score like that so I chose a 10. Firstly, let me say that I loved Killzone 2. The multiplayer for it was addicting and the singleplayer was awesome with great firefights and a decent story. Killzone 3 expands on that game. As of now, I've only played maybe 2 hours of the single player campaign but from what I gather so far, the campaign has a nice pace to it and the gun fights are just as good. Enemies flank you and are intelligent. The game doesn't feel cheap in any way. Your teammates will be targeted by the helghast if they can't find you. The story is decent so far but this was never Killzone's strength in any way. It is the gameplay that is the strength. Controls are more responsive and the weight of the controls is still there. Lots of people I know will complain about the controls and how they are casualized but I believe these are the controls that Guerilla wanted in the first place with Killzone 2. In comparison, Killzone 2's controls were laggy and unresponsive. It took a while to get used to but there is no denying that. The visuals in the single player campaign are once again impressive. Textures seem more detailed on the gun models as well as the characters. Environments are varied and provide a ton of detail. There is just so many things going on in the game that it makes you wonder what else can Guerilla do on the PS3. On to the multiplayer side of things. This is where most of my time has been. You have 3 modes. Guerilla Warfare, Warzone and Operations. Guerilla Warfare is your typical team deathmatch. It's just the one type of gameplay which is called body count. The first team to fill their kill bar on the screen wins. This was a popular lobby in KZ2. I remeber seeing many that just contained body count compared to the typical warzone game. Warzone is the heart and soul of Killzone. One match takes you through various objective based games. You have demolition, assassination, body count, capture and hold and a capture the flag type mode with the propaganda speaker. Demolition and assassination consist of one team attacking and one defending and gives both teams a chance to be the attacker and defender. This game mode requires alot of coordination among teammates and strategy. You have spawn points that must be captured and maintained to give your team the advantage. Failure to do this results in total domination. It's a must in this game mode. The last game mode available is called Operations. You 2 teams and he ISA are always on the offensive and the Helghast are always on the defensive. Teams will flip every match between the 2. This game mode is exciting as it really requires even more teamwork to win than in Warzone. A mic is a must in this game mode to succeed in my opinion. In multiplayer, there are a variety of classes with each one having their own perks. Marksman can cloak themselves to be invisible and jam enemy radar, Infiltrators can disguise themselves as the other team, Tacticians can capture spawn points for strategic advances and recon to see where enemies are lurking, Engineers can spawn turrets and repair ammo crates, and Medics can revive teammates. Each class has 3 different primary weapons and 3 secondary weapons. It's important to have a variety of these as each has an essential role to win the battle. There is a nice leveling system available to that gives you unlock points once you make the next level. You use the points to unlock guns or special abilities for your favorite class or classes.

As far as gameplay visuals goes, the gunplay is some of the best this generation. Guns sound realistic and really pop when firing them. The hit detection is much better than other games (cough BO cough). Assassinations are also a nice addition. There are different ones that range from neck snapping to slicing the throat of an enemy, to stabbing an enemy in the eye with a knife etc. The visuals are top notch. The only complaint I'd have is some framerate issues in the multiplayer. Sometimes the framerate can come to a crawl. Overall, Killzone 3 is everything I thought it would be. More responsive controls, phenomenal visuals for a console game, and a great multiplayer experience that will sure keep you busy for hours. If your are looking for a change from the Call of Duty's of the world, then Killzone 3 is it.
  64. Mar 9, 2011
    Killzone 3 is all about the excellent visuals and gameplay. The graphics are breathtaking and the gameplay is flawless. My only gripes with the game revolved around the campaign mode; its fairly easy (on the harder difficulties) and far too short. Once again Killzone repeated it's trait of a horribly boring and predictable storyline. There's also an absence of any form of 'boss' fights. The dialogue was noticeably buggy at times - characters would repeat sentences or just stop talking mid-sentence. The improved controls were a big plus for me, in particular the hold-button-to-aim as opposed to KZ2 where you clicked once to toggle aim mode and then clicked again to leave the iron-sight view. The multiplayer is almost a carbon copy of its predecessor, almost a case of "if it's not broken, don't fix it". The new maps are spacious, even too big with the Warzone maps, and allow for both CQC and long distance sniping. While the maps are slow to load, I've never had a case of lag or a game crashing. Expand
  65. Feb 24, 2011
    i love this game, this isn't really a review, but i just can't help but comment to the people who keep comparing this to COD and calling it a ripoff. if this is a ripoff of COD, then COD is a ripoff of wolfenstein 3d, doom, quake, heretic, hexen, rise of the triad, duke nukem 3d, system shock, i could go on and on. the point being, first person shooters were around long before the COD games came along. just because COD is the first FPS you ever played doesn't mean it's the first one to ever exist, and certainly doesn't mean that every FPS to come after it is a ripoff. if anything, it's a ripoff of wolfenstein 3d, which was the first FPS and it came out like 20 years ago. you kids and your ignorance is highly amusing. Expand
  66. Feb 26, 2011
    9.5, absolutely... breathtaking. graphics, animation, cutscenes just beautiful. must buy dammnit!!!!!!!!!!!
  67. Feb 23, 2011
    I am really impressed with this game, it is simply amazing great graphics, story mode and multiplayer . i feel this is a game i will be playing for a long time to come. (2)
  68. Feb 24, 2011
    Killzone 3 is one of the most addicting games I've played! First lets star off with what killzone is known for, Its graphics! they are AMAZING! They really fixed the gameplay from killzone 2, you don't feel too heavy but there is still a bit of heaviness for a realistic feel. They could of done a better online ranking system but except for that the online is a really fun experience. there are only three game modes, but they have their own unique type of gameplay. The story draws you in! you really want to know what happens next. The story line in killzone 2 would still be my favorite. This game is fun and is easily re-playable and obviously a MUST have for the PlayStation community! Come on PlayStation, its yours! Be proud of it! Expand
  69. Feb 24, 2011
    Wow!! i just finished playing KZ3 last night and i must say that i am very impressed indeed. KZ3 leaves its predessor in its dust, as Gorilla takes the franchise to whole new level of awesome.
    From the engaging story, to the relentless bombardment of graphical goodness. its nice to see that Gorilla put more cut scenes in there too, thus allowing the gamer to actualy breathe easy for a bit
    before thrusting them back into another epic battle. the game also manages to do a good job of making you feel what it would be like to be out numbered and out gunned on an alien planet.
    From the very begining to the absolutely epic end, KZ3 will have you hooked............now, who's up for some mulit player :0)
  70. Feb 26, 2011
    Totally awesome, especially for us somewhat tired of the same games beeing sold over and over again with slightly different stories and mechanics but mostly the same weapons. Yes, Call of Duty, Modern Warfare and Medal of Honor, im looking at you. Better story and multiplayer than kz2, and it just keeps on getting better!
  71. Mar 2, 2011
    Wonderful game, im really impressed with the improvements they made from killzone 2, making that game look obsolete compared to this one, even though the multiplayer in kz2 was far more original, but at the same time this one is more balanced and way more addictive and fun.
  72. Mar 2, 2011
    I dont think this game deserves a 10 because of the ending, the fact that they nerfed the gunplay experience and that Rico gets turned into a hero instead of just putting a bullet in his brains... But at the same time considering that its way superior to killzone 2 in every single way, and i mean, every single way : story, character development, weapons, fun, addictiveness, mp experience, sp time spam, etc, i think ill give it the maximum score, this game is golden grahams for me Expand
  73. Mar 3, 2011
    I've played both the campaign and clocked in around 15 hours of online time, and I have to say this shooter is pretty damn good.

I've played them all: Halo, Half Life, CoD, Resistance, Crysis, Unreal etc... and Killzone 3 is a great addition to my library. It has it's own unique feel and quirks yet it's familiar enough so you can jump right in. Killzone 2 was, in my opinion, the beta for
    this great title. You can tell they listened to fans by fixing the weighty controls and questionable hit detection issues (getting a head shot a second after you got shot down?!). It still feels like Killzone 2, but without the issues that made me sell it after a few weeks.

Killzone 3 should keep the new fans for its familiarity and bring in new ones with its improvements. I STRONGLY recommend playing competitively with some friends and give it some time. It WILL grow on you.
  74. Mar 9, 2011
    I went into Killzone 3 not knowing what to expect. I had kept myself away from trailers and such because I wanted a completely unspoiled experience. This payed off. Upon playing through the campaign and a few hours of multiplayer, I can safely say that KZ3 is the best game in the series. Story-wise, it's horrible. Picking up from the last game, Emperor Visari is dead at the hands of the protagonist Sev's comrade, Rico. The Helghast launch a massive counter-attack, and Sev's team is left stranded on the Helghan homeworld. I thought Guerilla would develop on this urgency of being stuck in an alien world, but they didn't. The story feels very shallow and almost completely forgettable. The gameplay, on the other hand, is the best in the series. Highly polished gun play and a working first-person cover system make it a joy to play. Brutal melee attacks are also a ton of fun to pull of. (Poking your thumbs through a Helghast's helmet visor? **** priceless.) The gameplay translates well to the multiplayer too, though the cover system is strangely absent. To me, the multiplayer played excellently. Zero lag, decent community and a class unlock system that should definitely be used in other games. High quality stuff. The only gripes I have with Killzone 3 are the lackluster story. Apart from that, it's a solid shooter worthy of being in any PS3 owner's library. Expand
  75. Mar 11, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What a tour de force! This game is absolutely fantastic in so many ways. First off the control is way better than KZ2. It is more responsive and precise. I am a CoD gamer and I can tell you this controls better. I am more accurate in KZ3 than other games. The graphics are tremendous and shouldn't be ignored. When they are this good we should applaud the developer GG for their great work. Once you play KZ3 and then go play Black Ops it is glaring and frightening how above and beyond the detail in KZ3 is compared to Black Ops. The detail really immerses you into the ISA/Helghan universe. The sound is deafening! No other game has been able to put you into the middle of a war through sound like KZ3. From the booming of explosions to the very authentic gun fire which sounds like you are shooting a gun just inches away from your ear. The story is not Pulitzer Prize worthy by any means but it doesn't have to be. To funny how some reviewers actually grade a game base solely on the story. There are so many moving parts to a great game and KZ3 has them all. The story does a good job of moving the plot along. After KZ2 I really cared about Sev and Rico. To my joy they are back and better than ever. Sev is a great character that doesn't run from a fight. He will go into the most dire of situations because that is just who he is. The characters are fleshed out more and I, the gamer benefit from it. The Single Player Campaign is outstanding with many memorable chapters. Right now I am thinking about the Mawlr! Yes, this monstrosity is very memorable. One of the many highlights that the SP has to offer. The SP is an adrenaline rush that keeps moving along at a nice pace. Even when it slows down to a stealth like area it doesn't last for long. You'll see what I mean when you get to the Helghan Jungle. There is a good variety of gameplay in the SP portion. There is the Exo which allows you take control of a Exo Mech that has machine guns and rockets. You can run and jump the same way you run as a soldier. The Exo was a lot of fun and I am glad they added it to the SP and MP. There are rail portions of the game that lead you on a predetermined path. These allow you take control of mini guns and unleash lead fury on the Helghast. One of the largest additions is the Jet Pack. This allows you to select put on a Jet Pack and select it like a weapon. Once selected it allows you to jump up high and hover. While hovering the X button gives you a boost of speed that you will need in a few areas. Thankfully the Jet Pack makes an appearance in the MP as well. I found the Jet Pack tricky to control at first but got the hang of it fairly quickly. The Multiplayer is where is where KZ3 excels. There are 6 classes to choose from, Engineer, Marksman, Tactician, Infiltrator and Field Medic. They all have their specialties and enhance the MP. For instance the Engineer, my favorite, allows you to construct a Turret which when fully leveled up has a machine gun and rocket. Also, the Engineer has the repair ability that is nice. You can repair Ammunition Stashes, Exo Mechs and your own Turret. Being an Engineer also gives you the ability to hack an enemies Turret making it fire on the enemy. However, you have to get right next to the Turret if you want to hack it and that can be difficult. The Marksman is the sniper class. This class is one of the best sniper classes I have played in any FPS. The Marksman has the ability to cloak so you are invisible and line up those tough sniper shots. The Tactician allows you to take control and capture spawn areas. The Tactician can also call in a Sentry Droid that floats along side for protection. The Infiltrator, oh man, the most frustrating class in KZ3. This class allows you to disguise yourself to look like your enemy. At it's highest level the disguise can fool your enemy up until they are very close to you. There are ways to see through the disguise however, but I won't ruin it for you. The Field Medic has been done unceremoniously wrong in many MP FPS. However, KZ3 nailed the Field Medic. The Field Medic can revive a fallen comrade. However, once they level up more they can call on a Medi-Droid to protect the Field Medic on the battlefield. The Medi-Droid has guns and can save your life. If you are brought down and bleeding out the Medi-Droid gives you the opportunity at the end of the respawn timer the option to respawn where you fell with full health and ammunition. I have played all the classes and they are all fantastic. KZ3 has a long MP life ahead of it. There are many modes to play as well. You have your typical Death Match called Guerrilla Warfare. There is the phenomenal Warezone which returns from KZ2. This mode mixes many MP game types into one. Rounded off by Operations. KZ3 is by far the best FPS I have played to date. I highly recommend it to anyone. I got my first Platinum with KZ3! Expand
  76. Apr 11, 2011
    this game series is one of the reasons why i think PS3 is better than Xbox i mean they have Halo and we have killzone the story is lacking but the online and skirmish mode is where this game really shines with amazing graphics fluid controls and a mode for those that dont want to get destroyed online can just play against bots, not sure about everyone else but the PSmove feature in this game does not appeal to me. this game has flawless graphics and is a must buy for anyone and you will not be dissapointed Expand
  77. Mar 21, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Single player short review: Killzone 3 is a disappointment.

This game has all the ingredients of AAA title and yet it fails to become an amazing classic. Visuals are astonishing, make no mistake about that, but a game needs more to keep me wanting more. Gameplay is smooth, but still feels like a corridor shooter. I didn't feel it was story-driven. Everything felt like a showcase of ideas glued together with cutscenes.

The biggest disapointment is the lenght of the single player campaign, roughly 5 hours is way too short. The ending is anti-climatic and leaves you thinking "wait, what, was that it?!". On top of that I believe developers made a big mistake of putting Rico in charge most of the time - I want to be the man here, I hated "staying on his six" and felt curiously happy and unwilling to help when he got downed. By no means though, did he stop his annoying chatter...

Now, to sum it up - I'm on my second play-through and would urge you to get the game, because it's definitely worth playing. You'll have fun. But don't expect a classic, because Killzone 3 hasn't lived up to the hype.
  78. May 23, 2011
    I really like this game! as good as it is though,it is not a Halo or Gears of War beater in my opinion.It comes VERY close,but its lack of online Co-Op lets it down,& will be a big deal to alot of people.. But noneleless i am glad & grateful to see it has split-screen Co-Op,& indeed Co-Op at all,as KZ1&2 should've had it,& really benefited from it.Hopefully Gurilla will finally have the perfect Killzone in the next title,& have Campaign Co-Op'online'too.I dont know why,But PS3 games,particulally the exclusives,such as Resistance 2(& prob 3),Killzone 1&2,Uncharted 1&2 & i'm sure others,lack campaign Co-Op.This trend needs to change,& hopefully KZ3's Co-Op is the start of this change.All that aside,the graphics are great & look detailed & suitably gritty,Great gameplay & gunplay,Good cover & aiming system that rivals the best 'Using cover' games out there,& the sounds are extremely good,sounding realistic,& immerse you in your battles,giving you that feel your actually in a gunfight..The Story is also very good i thought,although its basically about escaping,its told well,& the music in the game is absolutely superb,its beautiful & haunting,& is really good music in its own right.As i said,i dont think it beats Halo & Gears,as for starters they have on & offline Co-Op & better overall stories.But if it had online Co-Op too,i could not in good concience have given it a lower mark than those games.Highly recommend this title! Expand
  79. Apr 12, 2011
    Well, I'm a big fan of FPS games. So, Killzone 3 is an awesome game. Although it's the first game in the series that I've played, but it's really fun. The graphics are amazing, storyline is interesting and the gameplay is fantastic with the Brutal Melee feature added. Another thing that I like about the game is mainly the multiplayer. It's becoz you can play with various abilities and guns. This game promises replayability for sure! I think gamers and FPS fans should buy this for their PS3 console. I give it a 10! Expand
  80. Apr 12, 2011
    KZ3 in my opinion is the best FPS ever. The online, the game play, graphics, sound, everything is great. The story mode is a little short but however is the best shooter!!!. This game will be epic I know. This game is something that u must have on your ps3.
  81. Apr 19, 2011
    Another game series hits the dust. Guerrila had something unique with Killzone 2 and now Killzone 3 might as well be called Call of Killzone. The community of this game will be even smaller than Killzone 2's in a few months. Horrible map design, horrible class design, horrible game design in general (Tactical spawn points, WTF!?) Summary: Horribly unbalanced multiplayer game with bad level and bad class design. Half the features from the original killzone 2 aren't even here anymore and the game has become a Call of Duty clone. Avoid at all costs. Expand
  82. May 22, 2011
    Killzone 3 has, in my opinion, the best muti-player on ps3, much better than Black ops or Home front and better graphics as well. A totally different leveling up system which lets you add unique perks to the class of your choice and very well designed maps with a individual feel to them. If you enjoy online gaming and have a ps3 then this is a must have game...without doubt the most fun i have ever had online! Expand
  83. Sep 20, 2011
    KZ3 is a worthy successor to KZ2. The single player campaign is somewhat short but it is solid. Online game play is a definite improvement over KZ2. Introduction of ecto skeleton and jet packs makes the online game play more fun. It was good decision on Gorilla games to introduce fixed re spawn points on the maps. This decision makes the game play more balanced compared to KZ2. Good game overall.
  84. Sep 30, 2011
    Killzone 3 is definitely one of the best fps games on the PS3. The graphics are excellent, the gameplay is awesome and the music is top notch. The single player cleverly loads segments during cutscenes for a seamless experience, and manages to mix things up a bit. There is traditional infantry combat, exoskeletons, jetpacks, space ships which range from frozen tundras to strange green forests. The sluggish controls of killzone 2 have been changed to be more responsive as well, and this works great.

The multiplayer is superb, with multiple game types. The jetpacks and exos are even usable on some maps! It's sure to have you playing for months.

Overally Killzone 3 is a great game which improves on its predecessor. Highly recommended.
  85. Feb 20, 2012
    LMFAO @ xbox fanboys rating this AMAZING game 0 , This is an Amazing game.. Killzone 2,3 are The BEST FPS game this gen, A little underrated too, i mean how can a game like this get an 7 or 8 while a **** game like call of duty gets a 9 or 10 , believe me.. you MUST buy this game.. Its really fun, the story is also AMAZING! You will really like this game, I highly recommend this game to everyone with PS3! Expand
  86. Feb 29, 2012
    Let me just say first:I LOVED Killzone 3. It was my favorite shooter on the PS3. But now its F2P. FREE. A GAME I SPENT 80$ ON IS NOW FREE. This is the reason I now hate TF2. Good job Gorrila, this is the last game I will buy from you unless I get a written promise that says KZ4 will never go F2P
  87. Feb 26, 2012
    Killzone 3 has great graphics and intense, visceral game play. However, the story has always been a little blan and even boring. It feels like a futuristic version of world war 2 shooter. You're pretty much a soldier from Vetka fighting on behalf of the ISA after post First Extrasolar war tensions exploded into all out war (as in Killzone 1). What bothered me was that Sevchenko or "Sev" replaces the main character from Killzone 1 who then dies in this game, his death having no real effect on me. That was disappointing. Killzone 3 pretty much wraps up Killzone 2's story, just not as in a boring way. The different environments are great, and the introduction of new enemies was refreshing. Though the game feels a bit hollow, and even contradicting and then later far fetched. The game feels different without the common goal of a valiant defense or taking down Visari. It feels like an unnecessary expansion, and it seemed like an average game with a not too great ending for the series. The cutscenes are marvelous crafted, and the game is the most realistic war game out there. Overall, this game is a great first time play through, and that's it. Online multiplayer is "eh". The game is no more than a collector's item to be shelved for long time fans of the series. Overall: great graphics, great sound, great gameplay, but not very appealing to new fans or for mutliple replays. The story just seems very bare. The ending cutscene was so...just dumb, that it frustrated me. Personally, Killzone needs to end here at the third installment. The game is just simply overrated. Expand
  88. Lrg
    Mar 10, 2011
    Boy was i disappointed with this game, in terms of how amazed I was with Killzone 2 which is probably my favorite first person shooter to date. The campaign was ok, sure guerilla tried to make it more story/character focused but doing this on the 3RD game is unnecessary because we don't really know or care about these characters. Sev was ok, Rico is a babbling idiot, Narville was the biggest dumbass I've seen in a game for a while, and who gives a **** about Jammer, and the villains were awful. While the gameplay and action was intense it was always cut to very unnecessary cutscenes that slowed it down a lot. The story was ok, just the way it was panned out was terrible. There were also some major hiccups as well, during the rescue of narville rico and sev kept changing gear, they put you into some vehicle with almost no warning or indication of how it happened, even though they seemed so focus on showing you everything. In the end narville just seemed to disappear, did he stay on the space elevator? The weapons were great but i really bugged me that there were so many crates unlike killzone 2 where it forced you to explore the other weapons BESIDES the m82 assault rifle. Now getting on to multiplayer, they should have just called this CODZone 3. Sorry but they definitely wanted to appeal to more twitchy trigger finger ADHD kids in this. The class changes were really cool but some abilities are way overpowered, Tactician with radar AND marking on where the enemy is. Infiltrator as well, I went 25-0 just running around like a mad man using a silenced weapon and getting brutal melee kills. Why they took out the server list is beyond me, being able to create custom games was one of the best features of killzone 2, and I know I keep refering to the prequel but it had such a strong following I would think GG would try to appeal to its die hard fans more. Still waiting on patch 1.04, which is suppose to improve on its horrible match making and latency issues and fix some other things as well, so we'll see how that goes. I give this game an 8 though, even though I seem to do a lot of badgering. If you never played Killzone 2 you might really enjoy this a lot, but coming from a Killzone 2 standpoint this was a step down for GG. A good game, just not as great as its predecessor. PROS: Amazing Graphics (no console FPS to compare to) and sound/music, good variety of mission types, weapons were improved on and a couple of the HEAVY weapons were a blast to use, brutal melee was satisfying each time I used it, GG has always made stellar multiplayer maps and this is no exception. CONS: God awful story-telling, villains were laughable, cutscenes were inconsistent and placed at bad times slowing down the action, a lot of the levels were more confined and narrow not giving you tactical ways to approach things, GG is known for their brutal AI especially on Elite difficulty (I still can't beat the last level on Killzone 2 to this day) but this was an absolute joke and I breezed through it on Elite, the ending was abrupt and underwhelming leaving not impact on you, unlike Killzone 2 where it made you wondering what will happen next, Multiplayer balancing is much needed; matchmaking, class balancing, and latency. Still though, 8/10 is a good score just not what I was expecting. Rent it if you are going for the single player, I would say to buy it if you like FPS multiplayer even though this doesnt stand out to the others. Expand
  89. Apr 8, 2011
    i was not a big fan of KZ2 i thought the story mode was just barely ok and the MP starts off great and went to crap after you got to LT. status . KZ3 deffinitly kicked it up a notch in the story mode . the visuals are outstanding , you can now finaly carry 2 guns (well one heavy one light ) and your psitol , i felt every thing in the story mode flowed smoothly and never felt bored playing through it and will deffinitly run through it again some day but it is kinda short and theres no online CO-OP >< . also some real cool guns . i loved the one that shoots out the green stuff and causes the enimys to blow up.. thats sweet also the morter/rocket launcher gun was pretty sick . where this game fails for me is in the Multiplayer department . i think its uber cheap when enimys can go invisable and desguise them selves as the opposite team EXTREMELY DAMN CHEAP!!! ive played about 15 online games and thats about where 80% of my deaths come from . so if you like your multiplayer with cheap tactics you will like KZ3's online but for me i didnt and will wait for socom 4 and hope thats better. Expand
  90. Mar 15, 2011
    Okay so let's start with the single player. It was pretty short, maybe 8-10 hours on the highest difficulty for the average gamer. Although it was short it was very fun and has moderate re-playability (not to give away any spoilers but one of the battles is incredibly fun and I've replayed it so many times)
    Now for the multiplayer. So far this is one of my favorite multiplayer games on the
    PS3. The leveling system works pretty well and while some things in multiplayer are a little overpowered it's nothing that completely breaks the game. Expand
  91. Mar 15, 2011
    Best single player story this gen

Best multi-player game hands down this gen

Story line could be longer

Take no notice of the low scores since anybody can do a self review on ere and most are just 360fanboys.
  92. Jul 15, 2011
    I really liked this game, i dont know why people give it such low scores. the flaws in the multiplayer will be fixed eventually through patches. they really did well with the sensitivity and i like the perk and weapon system. i also thought the brutal melee was a pretty good addition too. it's fun stabbing someone in the neck even though it leaves you open to enemy fire, it's worth it. the maps are huge and the graphics are really good. i also liked the addition of silencers. over all this is a great game i dont know why it got such low scores. Expand
  93. Mar 23, 2011
    I don't play FPS very much, but I had to say I did enjoy this one. I played it thru using the Move Sharp Shooter attachment. Moving with the sharpshooter attachment took a little getting use to, but aiming was very accurate. Although mu wrist start to get sort after a few hours (maybe I'm boxing too much lately)

I can not comment on multiple player as I don't play one line (because I'll
    get killed), but it was was very enjoyable game, a must for anyone that likes rail shooters. Expand
  94. Apr 12, 2011
    What a huge step back. I don't even want to play any console shooters anymore. Call of Duty has ruined this genre. The story is shallow and pointless and multiplayer is as stupid as any Call of Duty game.
  95. Mar 16, 2011
    The game looks great. The campaign has a nice variation of game-play modes, enough so you don't get bored as you make it through the story.

Multiplayer is somewhat improved with custom class unlocks and new "Operations" mode.
    Highly recommended for any fan of the series.
  96. Mar 26, 2011
    Let's get one thing straight right away: KIllzone 3 is a fantastic shooter and anyone that says otherwise either has extremely odd taste or is just downright trolling. It is far from perfect, but its good certainly outweighs its bad. As always, I'll start with the graphics and sound. The graphics are simply the best there are on consoles. The new Crysis 2 does rival it in some areas, but for the most part the lighting, particle effects, and level of detail here are far beyond anything offered in other games. The character models are particularly impressive, due in no small part to their huge size and subsequent level of minute detail. The sound is also tremendous - I found myself having to turn down my 5.1 headset to avoid blowing out my ear drums during the gunfights. The weapons are punishingly loud, explosions are earth shattering, and the ambient noise does a lot to really bring you into the fight. The soundtrack is also solid, though I have to say that I expected a little more after the utter emotional brilliance that is the main menu theme. The storyline is the same as nearly any other shooter in most regards, but it is strengthened by the fact that the backstory for the Killzone universe is second only to games like Bioshock and Mass Effect. Seriously, at some point go online and read the whole synopsis of events leading up to the games. You will be floored at how much thought went into the overarching narrative here. In fact, you may wind up liking the Helghast (potentially the coolest shooter enemies around anyway) more than the ISA. Anyway, the story itself is pretty standard stuff - hopeless mission, final redemption, yada yada yada. It serves the purpose of moving the game along, but that's about it. I wish that Geurilla had spent more time on the interesting political dynamics between the ISA and the Helghast and why they hate each other so much; the civil war story with the Helghast leaders just falls flat due to weak characters and a feeling of being forced. Fortunately, however, the gameplay is fantastic and although Killzone 3 is, at its core, a corridor shooter, it is a very good corridor shooter. Battles are tense and you are really forced to earn every inch you take. This is not an easy game, and you will be severely punished for any attempts to run and gun or act like G.I. Joe. My only real complaint here is that although the environments are more diverse than in Killzone 2 (the arctic and jungle levels in particular are quite impressive), there is still far too much burned out urban fighting for my liking. I know Helghan is supposed to be a harsh, unforgiving world, but I don't think that always has to translate into boring junkyards or shattered buildings. Killzone has never really been a single player experience, though, and so the real draw is the multiplayer. I'm happy to say that despite some hiccups, the game delivers in spades on this front. The core gameplay is roughly the same as the campaign, with satisfying gun fights and the addition of well balanced class-based abilities like disguises, invisibility, and the use of turrets and robots. All the classes are well designed and each has a useful role in any battle. The main game mode is still Warzone, though I for one am not a big fan of the chaos that it tends to produce. In addition, some Warzone maps (Corinth highway being the worst offender) experience MASSIVE framerate drops when fully loaded with 24 players. These drops are huge - we're talking into the high teens and twenties here - and basically make the game unplayable on those maps once the room fills up. Other maps, such as Turbine Concourse SE-6 or Bilgarsk Boulevard are extremely well designed and flow nicely. Where Geurilla really messed up, though, was with the Operations maps. Operations is a new mode that plays much like BF's Rush, but with the addition of cutscenes showing off the top 3 players. It is phenomenal, truly a stroke of genius. However, the inclusion of only 3 playable maps was a huge oversight on the devs' part. Maybe they didn't think it would succeed, but it is the best part of the game and the only part that many, including my friends and I, actually play regularly. With the recent announcement that new maps for the mode are "unlikely" for whatever reason, it is safe to say that this mode will be going stale very quickly. That's really a shame, because Operations is far more rewarding and fun than Warzone and an increased focus on it could have taken Killzone form being a niche exclusive series to being a massive hit. I do not understand the decision to not support the mode, and in some ways I see it as a slap in the face from Geurilla, but I certainly hope they either change their minds due to overwhelming demand or at least include a fully developed version in Killzone 4. Despite its failings, however, Killzone 3 is an outstanding shooter that deserves your attention and cash. Buy. Expand
  97. Apr 4, 2011
    Man WHAT A GAME. Its superb. Visceral, raw, tactical , beautiful and above all fun. It brings back teamwork. Players are encouraged to work in teams using different classes. A high KD doesnt benefit anyone and indeed there arent any chopper gunners to bolster your score. I am genuinly blown away. One player isnt perfect and has some cheesy moments and plot faults , but the inclusion of a co-op mode is a boon and it takes quite a few hours to finish. Multiplayer is a breath of fresh air. Long live the new best FPS KZ3. Expand
  98. Mar 23, 2011
    A multiplayer powerhouse. Killzone 3 boasts arguably the nicest graphics on the Playstation and the mechanics have been sped up to match this slicker image. This leaves some of the games trademark weightiness behind movement intact while giving the game a dynamic multiplayer feel. While the single player campaign is enjoyable, though hardly literary genius, the game was clearly designed with multiplayer gameplay in mind which is undoubtedly it's bread and butter. Highly recommended for people who enjoy player vs. player shooters, the bot mode is a nice plus for those without internet or looking for a slightly easier transition towards the at times cutthroat online gameplay. Expand
  99. Feb 24, 2011
    The whole game is a thrill ride. Yes it may have some turning point to the gutter at some points but it holds. I think the ending wasn't as intense as the last game. The multi-player is even more awesome!
  100. Mar 26, 2011
    This is without a doubt the best looking first person shooter on the market, every step oozes with glorious detail, from simple things like distant mountain ranges to beautiful space views from interstellar space ships. This game is outstanding it plays slightly slower in pace than most modern shooter but this all fits in nicely with the gameplay and graphics, its a much meatier game than most fps's and is in a class of its own Expand
  101. Feb 22, 2011

1. Dec 12, 2011
    Is Killzone 3 deep enough to snipe PSN players from the COD: Black Ops fold? Probably not. Is Killzone 3 outstanding enough to warrant single-player awards for its narrative? Nope. But let there be no doubt that when it comes to intense gameplay that gives not one spare second for players to catch their breath or laze their way into a routine, Killzone 3 is near the top of the pack. The fact that it's the best-looking game we've seen and happens to support full stereoscopic 3D is just icing on the cake.
    Although the third part of the entire Killzone series is the weakest one it is still a very above-average piece of entertainment every PS3 owner should have this in their collection. [Mar 2011]
  3. Mar 30, 2011
    Killzone 3 is ultimately a flawed yet stunning experience. It gets the production values and the intensity just right. If it lacks anything, it would be a bit of character but fans will find it absolutely thrilling while it lasts.