8.4

1. Sep 10, 2013
    HD and Nostalgia? What else could you want.... The love and passion in the story is breathtaking. Sure the game has some things that could have been modernized a bit, or added in in the CGI area but it's nothing short of spectacular.
  2. Jan 20, 2016
    Kingdom Hearts is a little gem, the improbable mix two universe that you wouldn't even think about before this game, Disney and Final Fantasy, and what a success it has been !
    The first episode is just awesome, there's magic and nostalgia in every corner, the story is actually better than you'd expect and even gets pretty complex as you play Chain of Memories and see 358/2 Days. The gameplay is in real time and it's definitely in the Action-RPG genre but you can still see the Final Fantasy origins of it (you have the choice between magic, use of an item, attack, or summon at every actions). The difficulty is well dosed with some hard bosses (specially the optional ones) that would require a minimum level before you can hope to take them out, and the hard mode (aka "final mix proud") will really put your skills at test. The gameplay in Chain of Memories is a bit different with a card system, I clearly preferred the gameplay of the original game and wasn't as pleased with this game, but it worked well enough.

As I said the story is more complex than you may think and to finish the two games and see the movie, it will take you approximately 60 hours which is very good considering its price. Even more considering that the HD lifting is very good and not just a cash in, it could actually be a PS3 game (at its debut in 2007, but still a true accomplishment).

All in all, for Kingdom Hearts 1 only this game was worth it, in addition we've got one movie and an other game that deeply improve the story and the length and true HD graphics. A must for Action RPG fans or Disney fans and very recommendable to at least try it once for every one else.
  3. Oct 29, 2013
    Even though Square Enix has brought better visuals into one of the most beloved series in gaming playing through the series truly shows how it has aged. The game becomes repetitive and loses itself in it's own story. Kingdom Hearts is still a great series but it isn't what everyone makes it out to be, leave the fanboy at the door and you'll see that the original titles have not aged well.
  4. May 14, 2014
    Another excellent HD collection from Square Enix who have been targetting something nobody else has: 1080p. Yes, much like Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 runs in 1080p and while it doesn't have the benefit of upgraded textures/models etc, the art style alone is more than enough to save it. For a game of it's age, Kingdom Hearts looks INCREDIBLE in 1080p. The colours just popAnother excellent HD collection from Square Enix who have been targetting something nobody else has: 1080p. Yes, much like Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 runs in 1080p and while it doesn't have the benefit of upgraded textures/models etc, the art style alone is more than enough to save it. For a game of it's age, Kingdom Hearts looks INCREDIBLE in 1080p. The colours just pop off the screen and the models and textures despite lacking an actual upgrade still look improved with nicely filtered textures and such. In my opinion, there should have only been one Kingdom Hearts HD Collection rather than 'each game with some other stuff' but despite that it's fairly decent value. That said, Kingdom Hearts is still Kingdom Hearts. It's wacky camera and wobbly controls are still the same as they always were. And if you felt the original difficulty wasn't punishing enough, there's now a Proud Mode so have fun with that. Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 is unlikely to persuade you if you didn't like Kingdom Hearts way back when, but if you did, this is the best way to play it - and the extra Final Mix content is always a bonus too. Expand
  5. Nov 1, 2013
    I have never played Kingdom Hearts before, but now it was an incredible experience on Ps3. If you have a playstation, then it is (and the 2.5 remix) a must-have. I'm really happy, that they've released this game for the current gen.
  6. Oct 31, 2013
    Great compilation with the first game of the franchise and one of the best games of PS2. Besides Chain of Memories and 358/2 days, very important games that connects with Kingdom Hearts II (2.5 HD remix in 2014!). Must buy for fans and JRPG lovers.
  7. Oct 15, 2013
    This is the absolute best form of this game...if you've been meaning to replay it or have never played it there is no reason not to get this version! Any review that says they didn't add enough or that it isn't fresh (i'm looking at you Toronto Sun!) is absolutely silly...it's like releasing a classic movie on DVD or Blu-Ray for the first time and giving it a bad review because they didn'tThis is the absolute best form of this game...if you've been meaning to replay it or have never played it there is no reason not to get this version! Any review that says they didn't add enough or that it isn't fresh (i'm looking at you Toronto Sun!) is absolutely silly...it's like releasing a classic movie on DVD or Blu-Ray for the first time and giving it a bad review because they didn't add newly shot scenes or redo the special effects etc...it doesn't make any sense!!!! It's a chance for a new audience to get ahold of an enhanced version of a CLASSIC (and why would we want classics altered? remember STAR WARS). ok there it is... Expand
  8. Dec 6, 2013
    Great HD remake of kingdom hearts. If you've played it before then you'll know what to expect and for those that haven't, this would be a great time to jump. The graphics definitely look nicer and it's really great that they bundled the in between games especially for people like me who aren't fans of little spin off games that come out for the handhelds. Mostly because that means I haveGreat HD remake of kingdom hearts. If you've played it before then you'll know what to expect and for those that haven't, this would be a great time to jump. The graphics definitely look nicer and it's really great that they bundled the in between games especially for people like me who aren't fans of little spin off games that come out for the handhelds. Mostly because that means I have to buy handheld or other platform to play and I rather just stick to the main story. With this 1,5 remix though I can experience those spin off games as well as refresh my memory on the main story and prepare for KH3. It's a shame they didn't do anything about the camera though as it still feels to close to the character and sometimes you'll have a problem seeing things or the enemy but it's nothing new that you haven't experienced before if you've played it for PS2 and there aren't any new problems which is a big plus. For 40$ though it's a bit pricey so I highly recommend getting it on special like I did for 20$. Expand
  9. Sep 11, 2013
    Game is everything it was and then some. The updated graphics make everything feel smooth and the overall gameplay feels better with the improvements. One of the things I am most happy to see is simply the new action button being triangle like 2 instead of having the attack switch to it. Wish I could actually play 358/2 days but hearing the story was fun too. Hopefully enix willGame is everything it was and then some. The updated graphics make everything feel smooth and the overall gameplay feels better with the improvements. One of the things I am most happy to see is simply the new action button being triangle like 2 instead of having the attack switch to it. Wish I could actually play 358/2 days but hearing the story was fun too. Hopefully enix will release KH2 final mix with BBS and maybe D3 with it as well. Expand
  10. Sep 14, 2013
    Kingdom Hearts has always been one of my favorite games of all time and it's great to see it as polished up as it is. There's a ton of content to be had and it's especially great that they seem to give newcomers and veterans alike a chance to start (or restart) their journey to Kingdom Hearts 3. It's a great polish to one of my favorite games. Definitely Recommended!
  11. Sep 11, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm astonished to find that the first Kingdom Hearts' gameplay still holds up after more than a decade. I have played only a few HD remakes in the past, but this one is simply remarkable. It's also important to note that this is an HD version of KH Final Mix. For those that don't know what that means, Final Mix versions of KH games include new abilities, weapons, a new secret boss, and heartless have a different skin than the original. This might not be a huge deal, but huge Kingdom Hearts fans have been waiting for this for years. As I said earlier, the gameplay holds up well even by modern standards and fighting feels responsive.

The other titles in the package are also very well polished. Chain of memories is one of my favorite titles in the series and it marks the first appearance of the Organization. Using cards to fight might be weird at first, but after a while you begin to love the strategic element of cancelling your opponent's cards and using sleights to take down bosses. This game has some really cool boss fights comparable to KH2.

Some may find that 358/2 Days being unplayable is disappointing. However, I believe that it is the weakest title in the series gameplay wise. The story I found very emotional, so I was happier than most when I found out it is only in theater format. I found the DS version to be a drag to play through and only the story kept me playing. What I am really trying to get across is if you have never played 358/2 Days, you are not missing out on anything. Just watch the movie and enjoy the magic. You are experiencing this story in a better format than the DS game.

Final thoughts:

This is HD remake done right. Square has taken 3 amazing titles and packaged it into one low cost disc. I hope other developers take note of what Square Enix has done with KH 1.5
  12. Sep 10, 2013
    Still an amazing game, and even better now that it's in HD. Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix retains all the wonderfulness that it did 11 years ago. I was very much impressed with the game visually, as many of the rough edges have been smoothed over with an HD finish that makes the game look much better. I would have been content with it just being Kingdom Hearts 1, but it's also Re:Chain ofStill an amazing game, and even better now that it's in HD. Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix retains all the wonderfulness that it did 11 years ago. I was very much impressed with the game visually, as many of the rough edges have been smoothed over with an HD finish that makes the game look much better. I would have been content with it just being Kingdom Hearts 1, but it's also Re:Chain of Memories, and the cutscenes of 358/2 Days redone in HD, both of which are very welcome additions. This is also the first time Kingdom Hearts Final Mix has come to the states making this game even more appealing, with a few added cutscenes, different textures for many heartless, an extra secret boss, and even an extra secret ending. The ONLY problem I have with the game is that they still haven't fixed the camera, which will sometimes leave you unable to see what you're fighting, however they did move the camera controls to the right analog stick instead of the shoulder buttons which is a welcome change. It wasn't so bad though that it prevented me from enjoying the game thoroughly and giving it a 10/10 Expand
  13. Sep 27, 2013
    This is quite possibly the best HD collection to come out for the PS3 i mean without this game the PS2 would never been what it was now of course there are many bad things about it but you have to give it some slack there are only so many things they can improve about two games from the early to mid 2000's and one game from the DS. I've read some of the more worse reviews on here such asThis is quite possibly the best HD collection to come out for the PS3 i mean without this game the PS2 would never been what it was now of course there are many bad things about it but you have to give it some slack there are only so many things they can improve about two games from the early to mid 2000's and one game from the DS. I've read some of the more worse reviews on here such as Emporia's, Spizer's, or JohnnySnowstorm's and they just don't take that into account, even some of the critic reviews too such as the Toronto Sun.But if you push away the bad things like the bad camera angles and the facial expressions out of cut-scenes you have one of the greatest jewels of PS2 gaming. Kingdom Hearts Final Mix has a great story, beautiful graphics, and a great combat system.Now onto Kingdom Hearts:Chain of Memories this game is the game in the series was the worst of the bunch the card break system gets quite annoying and tedious and the story lacks what it needs to draw in the player.A good plot.But nevertheless it is still a pretty good game.And the first one to come out on to a handheld system, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days probably the worst of the handheld Kingdom Hearts and i say that for one reason and on reason only.The gameplay can get very repetitive with the new combat menu but still the story is great with new HD cut-scenes so yaaaay less reading! So yeah if you pass by this game definitly pick it up its very well worth it. Expand
  14. Sep 11, 2013
    One of my favorite games growing up I am extremely glad that they decided to remaster this game. This bundle is a great way to get the core story of kingdom hearts without having to own multiple portables and consoles since the events of 365 and Birth by sleep are added in a convenient, yet very angst filled cinematic. The kingdom hearts 1 and 2 have aged well in most areas with theOne of my favorite games growing up I am extremely glad that they decided to remaster this game. This bundle is a great way to get the core story of kingdom hearts without having to own multiple portables and consoles since the events of 365 and Birth by sleep are added in a convenient, yet very angst filled cinematic. The kingdom hearts 1 and 2 have aged well in most areas with the exception of the gummy ship which still feels sluggish at best. I don't see the wonky camera as an issue since I manually control it. Expand
  15. Oct 10, 2013
    I would have rated this higher if the price was at least $10 cheaper. For me, $40 was worth it. I haven’t played KH since the original came out about 11 years ago, I’ve never played the Final Mix version, never played Chain of Memories of the other game included, and I have small kids who loved watching me play. Others may find the asking price a bit steep considering they mostly sharpenedI would have rated this higher if the price was at least $10 cheaper. For me, $40 was worth it. I haven’t played KH since the original came out about 11 years ago, I’ve never played the Final Mix version, never played Chain of Memories of the other game included, and I have small kids who loved watching me play. Others may find the asking price a bit steep considering they mostly sharpened the graphics of a couple of games that were already released.

Still, I enjoyed the Final Mix version of the first Kingdom Hearts a great deal. I like the tweaks to the gameplay, I like the changes to the synthesis shop and I like the new villains they added to each world that give you rare drops and require some strategy to beat. Farming for items to use in synthesis did not feel like an unbearable chore and I did things in this version that I never did in the original, like make the Ultima Weapon and beat Phantom. And the Sephiroth fight is still one of the most memorable boss fights ever, IMO. He’s tougher here than he was in FF7.

That being said, I’m not a fan of Re: Chain of Memories. The gameplay is confusing and lame. I read it was card-based and thought that meant some sort of turn-based or strategic system, but you still have to run Sora around a 3-D plane as in the first game and hit the attack button, only now you also have to pay attention to what card in your deck is selected. So your basic keyblade attacks are now cards and have different values that have to be higher than the enemy’s attack card, and there are also tons of other cards you keep getting, which requires you to manage your card deck since you can only take a limited of cards into battle, etc. It’s tedious and makes you wish you were playing the first game.

Still, some people will like it and it’s a whole extra game included with the package, so I won’t fault Square for it being there. Likewise with the third game, which isn’t actually a game but essentially a cutscene viewer of movies from the third game in the series. From what I hear, the third game was not very good and we’re not missing much by it not being included. I still haven’t watched the movies b/c at some point I plan of forcing myself to finish Chain of Memories, but hey, it’s an extra provided in the package.

Bottom line is, if you were a fan of the first game and have never played Final Mix, you should get this. If you’re new to the series, you should probably rent, get a used copy or wait for a sale. KH:FM is not a perfect game by any means, but overall it is a lot of fun and something I think any ARPG fan can enjoy if they can get past the Disney characters.
  16. Sep 18, 2013
    compared to the original its way better but the jumping is still weird. graphic are good the hack and slash game play is still as awesome. and we got rechain of memories along with it so its definitely better
  17. Sep 27, 2013
    Kingdom Hearts holds up very well. This game was amazing back when it came out, now that it is updated with HD textures and more moves and weapons have been added, it is even better today. This game is a must have for everyone!
  18. Sep 22, 2013
    pretty good game, with an interesting story too. i was a bit disappointed by the localization tho, at some moments it felt a bit weird. anyway, i felt some nostalgia went playing and this is what I was looking for I don't regret buying it
  19. Oct 10, 2013
    i love kingdom hearts.actually kingdom hearts the most amazing game ever ,everyone should play it ^_^
    thanks to the creatures im so exiting for Kingdom hearts 3
  20. Jun 9, 2015
    Game: Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix
    Genre: RPG-Action
    Developer: Squareenix/Disney System: Playstation 3 (PS3) Total Score: 97/100 Value Score: 97/10 • Story: 10/10 • Characters: 10/10 • GamePlay: 10/10 • Graphics: 9/10 • Sound: 10/10 • Music: 10/10 • Length: 10/10 • Replay Value: 8/10 • Player Value: 10/10 Pros +Includes Kingdom Hearts 1 Remix, Kingdom Hearts
    Game: Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix
    Genre: RPG-Action
    Developer: Squareenix/Disney
    System: Playstation 3 (PS3)
    Total Score: 97/100

• Music: 10/10
    • Length: 10/10
    • Replay Value: 8/10
    • Player Value: 10/10

Pros
    +Includes Kingdom Hearts 1 Remix, Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories as two playable games both with trophy support and remastered in HD.
    +Includes the Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days but as a 3 hour movie.
    +Remastered music for all three pieces of content
    +Content never before released in the west are included such as extra cards in Chain of Memories and Final Mix content in Kingdom Hearts 1 which include alternate colors for enemies, new bosses and cutscenes along with changes to items and abilities.
    +Three Playstation 3 themes are included
    +Proud mode difficulty added to both Kingdom Hearts 1 and Chain of Memories

Cons
    -Some FPS drops in Chain of Memories
    -Pixelation during cutscenes in Chain of Memories
    -The Final Mix cutscenes in the western versions of Kingdom Hearts HD Final Mix do not have voice overs but are instead under subtitles
  21. Oct 15, 2013
    This game is amazing
    I remember being a young kid playing the first kingdom hearts and I get the same thrill playing this remake.
    This game is amazing
    People have said that is the same game but what they fail to grasp is that this is the final mix edition which unless you utorrented it or emulated it, there was no way to play the final mix version. This is the first time that a final mix was brought to North America and it offers so much more to the game. To top it off, the graphics are great. I love this game and though I have drifted away from gaming, there are certain franchises I am still a die hard fan for. with that being said, my view is most likely bias but, kingdom hearts is my most favorite game franchise to ever been made, and this remake did not disappoint me one bit.
  22. Jan 5, 2015
    Bought it for KH1 and got amazing bonus content that allowed to actually understand KH2.
    KH1 HD remake alone is enough to warrant this games $40 price tag, but the additions chain of memories and 358/2 Days make it an unmissable for any kingdom hearts fan.
  23. Dec 26, 2013
    Everything done to a immensely high standard, whoever approved the idea of having the Kingdom Hearts series HD re-released is awesome. Unlike many games this was just as amazing and captivating playing it now as it was playing it for the first time. Masterpiece.
    Admittedly the "movie" segment of the collection is quite boring in that format, however i don't think that should take away from the other 2 games.
  24. Oct 5, 2013
    In my opinion, the best HD port so far on any console. The nostalgia is thick, the feeling is magic. I remembered these games fondly and today that feeling is only strengthened. Although the games shows its age graphically and gameplay aspects, its a welcome return of an older RPG. I don't know what people expected, complaining about parts of the game such as camera angles and visuals. ItsIn my opinion, the best HD port so far on any console. The nostalgia is thick, the feeling is magic. I remembered these games fondly and today that feeling is only strengthened. Although the games shows its age graphically and gameplay aspects, its a welcome return of an older RPG. I don't know what people expected, complaining about parts of the game such as camera angles and visuals. Its game over 10 years old. You have to respect the amount of work and difficulty into porting a game like that with a facelift and three entire stories all onto the PS3. Its to be commended. The graphics are beautiful with their new lick of paint, although its more noticeable in Chain Of Memories, Final Mix is still one of the best games released. Really looking forward to the future of the franchise, and hopefully a HD Remix 2.5. Expand
  25. Nov 20, 2013
    Kingdom hearts 1.5 is a must have for any fan of the franchise, (especially if you live in Europe). Kingdom hearts final mix adds a lot to the original game, (but the platforming jumps are still horrible) and re chain of memories is amazing. However, the best thing about it is the 358/2 days feature. It is a 2 hour complimation of cutscenes that tells the story of 358/2 days with new voiceKingdom hearts 1.5 is a must have for any fan of the franchise, (especially if you live in Europe). Kingdom hearts final mix adds a lot to the original game, (but the platforming jumps are still horrible) and re chain of memories is amazing. However, the best thing about it is the 358/2 days feature. It is a 2 hour complimation of cutscenes that tells the story of 358/2 days with new voice acting and amazing hd cutscenes. Expand
  26. Nov 22, 2013
    Its so fun! Story is huge! Combat is better! Looks gorgeous! Just play it.

Not a fan of playing as a kid, though I understand why. Platforming is iffy.
  27. Dec 24, 2013
    Starting to play now I was waiting for the last game on ps3 cd then realise was a story...but starting to play number 1 till 2...merry Christmas everyone
  28. Jan 16, 2014
    Amazing... enough said... people say graphics are outdated. not needed in this game graphics are just fine. if your looking at my review I'm not going spoil it just play the dam game and complete it. amazing story that brings back so many memories from my childhood when watching Walt Disney. and also the amazing Square Enix who developed final fantasy. it well deserves 10/10 and all otherAmazing... enough said... people say graphics are outdated. not needed in this game graphics are just fine. if your looking at my review I'm not going spoil it just play the dam game and complete it. amazing story that brings back so many memories from my childhood when watching Walt Disney. and also the amazing Square Enix who developed final fantasy. it well deserves 10/10 and all other kingdom hearts games. Expand
  29. Jan 23, 2014
    Kingdom Hearts has been all over the radar since Kingdom Hearts II, its nice to see a remake of the original in HD. When I heard of ReMIX, I have to admit, I facepalmed a bit. But my worries were put aside to find out that it the game contained Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, Re:Chain of Memories, and 358/2 Days. I completed both Final Mix and Re:Chain of Memories, but I was very disappointed toKingdom Hearts has been all over the radar since Kingdom Hearts II, its nice to see a remake of the original in HD. When I heard of ReMIX, I have to admit, I facepalmed a bit. But my worries were put aside to find out that it the game contained Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, Re:Chain of Memories, and 358/2 Days. I completed both Final Mix and Re:Chain of Memories, but I was very disappointed to find out 358/2 Days... was nothing more than a series of cutscenes... What a bore. That took some of the enjoyment away from the whole experience. Anyway, for a HUGE nostalgia trip, I recommnd this game to add to your collect. Expand
  30. Feb 17, 2014
    Kingdom hearts what is there to be said about kingdom hearts, its fun, it has great combat, the Heartless are fun looking, Disney worlds are well made and have excellent layouts sora actually ages over the course of the series, and the villains are cool and unique but that's most of the pros the cons on the other hand is the story, good luck understanding the story after KH1 it just hasKingdom hearts what is there to be said about kingdom hearts, its fun, it has great combat, the Heartless are fun looking, Disney worlds are well made and have excellent layouts sora actually ages over the course of the series, and the villains are cool and unique but that's most of the pros the cons on the other hand is the story, good luck understanding the story after KH1 it just has too much going for it sometimes, the gummi ships in 1 are defiantly less fun then 2s and the new heartless are gimmicky as all hell and make grinding a even bigger pain then before Expand
  31. Jan 7, 2017
    Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix offers a worthwhile collection of games and story…
    This was my introduction to the kingdom hearts world…
    At first I was only interested in the Disney characters and worlds… but now that ive completed all of 1.5.. the story has me hooked…
    I Give Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix
    a 7.5/10
  32. Nov 18, 2014
    Amazing game but not very exciting for KH Fans. 1 reason is because there's only 1 game of interest which is KH1FM and even though its a great game there's not much here to be excited about other than just to replay the game for the nostalgic memories and to fight the secret boss. My personal reason for playing this is for nostalgia for the story for the fun Boss Battles and the extrasAmazing game but not very exciting for KH Fans. 1 reason is because there's only 1 game of interest which is KH1FM and even though its a great game there's not much here to be excited about other than just to replay the game for the nostalgic memories and to fight the secret boss. My personal reason for playing this is for nostalgia for the story for the fun Boss Battles and the extras Final Mix has to offer but also because I love getting trophies.

Gameplay - If you've played Kingdom Hearts before its exactly the samething. The difference is you get new Keyblades new abilities and you get to fight new Heartless as well as a secret boss. If you haven't played KH before you might love this game.The gameplay is good for a 2002 game. KH358/2 Days has no gameplay you just watch 2 hours worth of cutscenes for the Games Story but you get 6 Trophies in the process I don't know about you but those 6 trophies makes me feel accomplished.

Story - Maybe I'm being bias but I love the story for Kingdom Hearts I newcomers might think its cliche but I love it. I can't say the same for Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories I think Sora was way too dramatic and his voice was annoying in this game. The story was okay because Riku was in it and so was the badass group called OrganizationXIII but Sora Donald & Goofy with their friendship speeches annoyed the hell out of me. 358/2 Days has a very good story buy a DS and play the original game you'll love it.

Graphics - Kingdom Hearts 1 looks amazing love the new HD Graphics but Re:COM I felt didn't really need HD Graphics it already looked amazing in the PS2 Version but the HD Graphics are welcome. KH358/2 Days is also great in HD.

Replay Value - Moderately Low the only reason to replay the game is for the change in difficulty and to get certain trophies or for just plain nostalgia. Final Mix Expert Mode is hard really hard I give them points for adding that difficulty. Its not like Dante Must Die Mode where 1 hit=death its not impossible to beat I beat it myself and the secret boss as well so try it if you want some challenge in this game.

Overall - Great for the fans KH358/2 Days was a huge disappointment since there was no gameplay in it but I guess I forgive them for it. KH1FM doesn't have that many changes but it does add a little improvement on the gameplay and the Secret Boss is fun and challenging. KHRe:COM is pretty much the samething as its PS2 version except you get Trophies and better graphics. I expected this game to be like this so I'm not all that disappointed. The game I've been waiting on KH2.5 is coming soon and its better KH2FM has so much more improvements to the game than KH1FM has which makes it more exciting so see you when that comes out.
  33. Nov 17, 2015
    Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Has Kingdom Hearts Final Mix And Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain Of Memories And Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days All HD With Trophies All On One Disc is A Deal.
  34. Jul 13, 2015
    Kingdom Hearts is a series that has earned its way into the hearts of gamers. (SEE WHAT I DID THERE?) And this remake of the original game is a most welcome addition to the franchise. I'm not going to really get into the whole product, so much as I'm going to get into the only reason to buy this. That reason being the original Kingdom Hearts remake. But I'll touch on the other two thingsKingdom Hearts is a series that has earned its way into the hearts of gamers. (SEE WHAT I DID THERE?) And this remake of the original game is a most welcome addition to the franchise. I'm not going to really get into the whole product, so much as I'm going to get into the only reason to buy this. That reason being the original Kingdom Hearts remake. But I'll touch on the other two things here and now.

Chain of Memories is so badly crippled by it's gameplay, that it's virtually unplayable. Because of this I would recommend watching a play through before playing the game. The other thing in this collection is a movie made up of cinematic scenes from 358/2 and should only be watched if you care about a character from the second game. Other then that, it doesn't really ad to the story.

Anyway, on to the reason for why you should buy this game. Kingdom Hearts. The game just makes me feel good. Yes the ending is bitter sweet, but the story is good if you're into Disney. The narrative follows a boy named Sora who is looking for his friends, with the help of Donald and Goofy. Along the way the three of them embark on an epic adventure that spans many worlds. Meeting and befriending characters from both the Disney and Final Fantasy universes. The game also has it's own unique art style that plays to the strengths of the previous mentioned franchisees.

But where this game really shines is it's gameplay. The genera is an action RPG with the effervescence being on "actions." Forgoing the normal turn based system in most RPG's of it's time, for more a beat'em up feel. This game still had a standard level system, the more enemies you fight and defeat in battle, the more powerful Sora and company will become. Sora has a lot of unique weapon designs, but that's the only piece of equipment that will change shape, size and color. The normal enemies in this game (or heartless if you want) are variant in both appearance and behavior. Though, once you understand how they will act, they don't really offer much of a challenge. Unless you play on a higher difficulty. In which case, don't let the enemy attack ever.

But if you want to talk about combat then you have to talk about the boss fights. Or to be more specific the secret boss fights. I can honestly say that I've never had as much of a challenge with a boss as I did with The Unknown boss fight. Though he did have one attack that was a little too broken for it's own good. But the Sephiroth boss fight was also something that I enjoyed. Both of which have their own style of fighting that keeps the player constantly on his feet.

All in all, I could go on all day about Kingdom Hearts and everything it has to offer. It built a franchise that is still going strong today. It has one of the strongest follower base today, and for good reason. Kingdom Hearts is perfectly in its designed, and executed flawlessly. The Remake is that game with more to offer. The only problem is that it's on the PlayStation 3, which will cause some frame-rate issues. Oh and it feels like it takes forever to loads things at times. But that's just a general problem with the PlayStation 3. If you own a PlayStation 3, then you owe it to yourself to buy this game. 8/10
  35. Aug 5, 2015
    Although it would have been nice to be given the opportunity to play 358/2 Days on the PS3, 1.5ReMIX gives Australian gamers the chance to play RE:Chain of Memories for the first time. The graphics aren't all that improved for Kingdom Hearts 1 and it would have been nice if they had improved that platforming a little but other than that its a great compilation.
  36. Jul 30, 2016
    Kingdom hearts is an amazing series, its story, soundtrack, gameplay and universe is just fantastic

Kingdom hearts final mix - 9/10 - great start to a series. Kingdom hearts re: chain of memories - 6/10- it's gameplay concept is interesting but it's very repetitive. Give it at least a try if you want to at least get more of the story. Kingdom hearts 358/2 days - 8/10 - "sniffs" just..

Kingdom hearts final mix - 9/10 - great start to a series.
    Kingdom hearts 358/2 days - 8/10 - "sniffs" just.. Watch it or play either is fine.
  37. Jun 22, 2017
    Absolutely loved this game when it first came out on the PS2, but that doesn't mean it's perfect.

+ The battle system is very fresh and innovative (again not perfect though) + The story line, YES the Kingdom Hearts story line involving the main antagonist and the Heartless is actually intriguing. + The change of worlds keeps the game constantly fresh. + Never being actually stranded

+ The battle system is very fresh and innovative (again not perfect though)
    + The change of worlds keeps the game constantly fresh.
    + Never being actually stranded without mana, because you can always get it back by fighting. This might be the game's best feature, no exaggeration.
    + Proud Mode difficulty is pretty much the perfect difficulty. It's hard but not unreasonably impossible.
    + The voice acting is tolerable and very accurate for certain Disney icons, which is admirable considering other PS3 voice acting.
    + The auto-check points when entering a new area were appreciated.
    + The Sephiroth fight on Proud Mode is intense, and will make you feel like a badass if you win.

- Donald and Goofy, your two main party members, are unfathomably useless for the majority of the game. No matter how you program them, Donald dies faster than a bullet to the head and Goofy fights like an abortion survivor. You max equip them with items, and they use ALL of them on each other within 5 seconds because they stand in front of every bosses' strike zone.
    - The item hotkeys are good old fashion retarded. You honestly have to play it to understand. It blows my mind a group of intelligent people thought this was the best placement for hotkeys. Unless, you have three hands or 15 fingers you have to at some point stop moving to use an item, which on Proud Mode can be death with some bosses.
    - The camera angles can be ridiculously fickle at times.
    - Everything involving the gummi ship is a hot mess.
    - The off ground platform hit-boxes that you are meant to jump to are inexcusably terrible.
    - The swimming mechanics are so unforgivably terrible. They are so disastrous they should be described somewhere in the book of Revelations.

1. Dec 12, 2013
    Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix will probably not convince non-fans of the series. It’s the same type of cozy Disney/Square-Enix mix as always but also with the same type of bad controls and unbalanced difficulty level as the original.
  2. Nov 19, 2013
    The Kingdom Hearts series has aged and this just doesn't feel as much fun as it used to do. But if you're a fan, this is still worth checking out.
  3. Playstation Official Magazine UK