7.7

1. Mar 5, 2012
    I had played The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and now I'm playing Kingdom of Amalur and you know something ?
    I'm enjoing play more Kingdom than Skyrim, I wonâ
  2. Feb 7, 2012
    Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning delivers exactly what it promises: a pitch-perfect fantasy RPG, with visceral, intuitive gameplay that is easy to pick up, difficult to master, wildly flexible and just plain fun, in a way that has yet to be seen in the genre. The world is accessible and vast, offering genre fans plenty to sink their teeth into. One gets the sense that they are watching anKingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning delivers exactly what it promises: a pitch-perfect fantasy RPG, with visceral, intuitive gameplay that is easy to pick up, difficult to master, wildly flexible and just plain fun, in a way that has yet to be seen in the genre. The world is accessible and vast, offering genre fans plenty to sink their teeth into. One gets the sense that they are watching an entire world unfold before them, one rich with history and lore and life. Amalur opens itself up to the player in a way that is both familiar and refreshing, then empowers the player to do incredible things. 38 Studios and Big Huge Games have created a world worth saving, and they have given us some pretty damn cool tools, with which to get the job done. Expand
  3. Feb 7, 2012
    Fantastic gameplay and I love the questing and leveling. 200 hours here I come. Glad I got the collectors edition as well. Mcfarlane and team did a great job for my cravings.
  4. Feb 10, 2012
    @Doublecross
    If I were you I would never use your computer again. All though your screen name is perfect! You are ruining an exceptional games metacritic rating because you didn't like a DEMO!!! That demo was 4-5 months old! Do everyone a favor and double slam your computer on the ground thus eliminating your stupidity from the internet.
    I am 13 hours in and I just adore this game.
    @Doublecross

I am 13 hours in and I just adore this game. It's just FUN! I am going through KoAR on hard and it's challenging. So far I haven't experienced a hiccup of any kind, it's been technically perfect. Well, I fixed my camera woes by lowering the sensitivity so that doesn't really count as a technical problem since it is now fixed for me. It is truly the jack of all trades for RPGs. They really have created something special. Does it have problems yes, no doubt, but so does Skyrim. Skyrim is a great game. KoAR is a great. They cannot really be compared. They both stand on their own 2 feet.

I love the combat, oh the combat is exceptional! The sound, graphics, control, story/lore are wonderful. The graphics are gorgeous to my eyes. You have beautiful colors and dark dungeons. The world map looks huge! I am reading more books and scraps than I usually do in an RPG. I am very interested in the history of Amalur. Salvatore has done a wonderful job. There is always something new going on. There are a ton of quests. The leveling system is great. I am really enjoying the Alchemy, Blacksmithing and world itself. The Fateweaver is a great idea for tying massive character fate alterations into the story. The loot is huge and prevalent. I have found many items that upgraded above what I was currently using. The enemy design is second to none. You can see Todd McFarlane's genius here.

There are problems and they are in the design. I didn't like how the hero didn't speak. Reminds me of Half-Life yet I didn't mind that Gordon didn't talk. But seeing my character stand there with no real emotion reminds me of someone who isn't quite right or has some sort of deficiency. The NPC lip syncing could use some work as well. The magic shield appearing out of no where bothers me too. I also don't like how my warrior sheaths his weapon so fast after killing an enemy even though other enemies are around. Also, the camera needs to be adjustable so you can make it farther away from your character. I believe that these design decisions can be fixed in a patch if the Reckoning forums are any indication of how much it bothers players.

I cannot wait to pour more time into this special game. I can only hope it sells well so that they can come out with a sequel. I won't be interested in the MMO offering. However I am so very impressed that this their first game! Unreal, that they could hit a grand slam like this with their first offering.

If you are on the fence get off and give this a try. Right now this is my 2012 GOTY! I am not sure if it will hold up with Mass Effect 3 less than a month away.
  5. Feb 11, 2012
    I started out by giving this game an 8, but how ignorant I was until I started playing it more, I am amazed by the hour, it is the most fantastic and addictive game ever, it's unbelievable how much this game has to offer, if you enjoy games like Fable or Darksiders, or any action adventure or RPG this game will blow your mind. it is an absolute classic! a rare Gem. Worth every penny andI started out by giving this game an 8, but how ignorant I was until I started playing it more, I am amazed by the hour, it is the most fantastic and addictive game ever, it's unbelievable how much this game has to offer, if you enjoy games like Fable or Darksiders, or any action adventure or RPG this game will blow your mind. it is an absolute classic! a rare Gem. Worth every penny and then some. 9.5/10 Expand
  6. Feb 7, 2012
    Sure as hell would like to know how can you people review an 100-hour rpg that was released today. You did what, play the tutorial and formed an educated and meaningful opinion about the game? I played it once and liked it so here, let me contribute.
  7. Feb 28, 2012
    LOL! @ Skyrim fanboys giving this game low scores, This game is BETTER than Skyrim, i dont care if skyrim looks more "realistic" KOA:Reckoning is millions times better and more fun than that buggy game called skyrim! I recommend this game to EVERYONE
  8. Feb 28, 2012
    I dont care what people say.. This game is BETTER than Skyrim, i dont care if skyrim looks more "realistic" but KOA:Reckoning is millions times better and more fun the ln skyrim! I recommend this game to every "REAL" gamer outhere
  9. Feb 22, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is an Action RPG developed by 38 Studios and Big Huge Games which puts the player into the expansive world of Amalur as the Fateless One, a person who is not bound by Fate. It is put in a good fantasy setting and puts a great twist on the races, most notably the Fae, who are Seelie and Unseelie. The review will be covered in four sections and each will be given a rating out of 10. Also, I will have some major spoilers, so if you don't want to know any plot important points, either skip the story section, or don't read any of the review.

Gameplay 9/10

The game uses X as a main action button like Skyrim does, meaning you use it to talk, open doors, etc. Weapons can be mapped to Square and Triangle allowing you to switch between two weapons quickly in combat resulting in versatility where you can be using a hammer on larger more difficult opponents and then quickly start using daggers to kill faster moving enemies. While holding R1, your magic options will appear. The option are mapped to the x, square, triangle, and circle buttons and when one button is pressed you will cast said spell without breaking the pace of combat. Reckoning Mode, in which you effectively take your enemies Fate and proceed to kill them with it, starts out looking like an insane way to kill your enemies, but soon you begin to resent it, as you can kill most of the bosses without even thinking, as Reckoning Mode is basically a quick way to skip a battle. Most people would argue that you could just not use it, but then you have to face an enemy with too much power for you to defeat without attempting the fight repeatedly and hoping for a win this time. So gameplay could have gotten a 10/10 if Reckoning Mode was a bit more balanced. The world is not truly "Open" like Skyrim, but it is still "Open" enough to be able to wander around the world without hitting too many closed areas. The leveling system is possibly one of the best I have seen. As you level up, you choose one skill to add a point to and three points can be assorted to varying abilities in three main categories. This allows you to mix and match your class into multiple forms. If you get tired of your build, you can go to a Fateweaver and pay to get all of your skills and abilities back to their original levels, so that you can assign them into new spots. This keeps the game fresh and avoids the usual RPG problem where you get stuck with useless skills or abilities.

Story 10/10

The main story of Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning might seem generic at first, as it is just another Evil Overlord that you must kill, but then it slowly forms into a good story. Gadflow, the leader of the Tuatha, an evil faction corrupted by Prismere, takes the role of our Evil Overlord, who has created a new 'God'. This 'God' is later revealed to be Tirnoch, a dragon, which has more power than Amalur's Gods. Along the way to learning this, you will meet a few allies, though only about four. To make up for the slightly lacking main story, the faction quests throw in more quality stories that are rather short, but are worthy of praise. The House of Ballads is especially notable due to The Maiden of Windemere and the her offer, which is not weighted on good or bad, but what you believe to be the right thing to do.

Style 10/10

The artistic style is impressive to me, but everyone has their own preference. It is great change from the hype of making the art style realistic or dark. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning gives you colorful foliage and exotic creatures to fight. Some creatures appear in specific areas, while others are located across the entire province. The map has a wide variety of terrain allowing for beautiful scenes across all of the Faelands. The soundtrack is also a plus for the game. However, the facial expressions of the characters are nonexistent, but I don't see that as a major flaw.

Overall 10/10

Pros:
    Great Combat
    Great Overall Stories
    Beautiful Scenery
    Great Controls
    Great Leveling System
    Nice Change from Most RPGs

Cons:
    Reckoning Mode is Too Powerful
    Some Choices Aren't Too Altering to the World

Also, 10/10 doesn't mean perfect, it means a must play game.
  10. Jun 26, 2013
    Kingdoms Of Amular The Reckoning is an amazing yet misunderstood game. I agree with a previous reviewer that this game although compared to Skyrim and Dragon Age ect...ect, is actually more of the evolution of Hack 'N Slash RPG Classics Like Bulder's Gate & Champions Of Norrath. I thought That was a fantastic comparison. This is a game that ultimately has found the balance of fun and greatKingdoms Of Amular The Reckoning is an amazing yet misunderstood game. I agree with a previous reviewer that this game although compared to Skyrim and Dragon Age ect...ect, is actually more of the evolution of Hack 'N Slash RPG Classics Like Bulder's Gate & Champions Of Norrath. I thought That was a fantastic comparison. This is a game that ultimately has found the balance of fun and great design. Every system in this game is well designed, the Skill Trees are deep, but thankfully you can switch your points up at any time via a Fateweaver. So you are never stuck as a Mage or a Brawler....again a nod to fun and a great way to open up a huge game to player experimentation. The purists will rip it, but I thought it was a wonderful idea. The combat, although built on a simple framework still has good depth due to the combos and upgrades, and is never sluggish or cumbersome. You are able to mix up magic attacks with melee and ranged attacks with ease and it truly makes combat feel fun and fresh. The menu system is brilliant, as it splits up Main, Faction, Side Quests and Tasks to sub menus so you can easily track and choose the quests you feel like playing. The simple addition of a junk pile also helps you more easily manage your weapons, armor and other loot for sale. The story is super solid and each quest has wonderful back story and flavor. The characters are just as memorable as those found in other RPG titles and I find the art style refreshing. The varied environments also make the game a joy to explore. The variety of loot you find is great and is dropped at a fair yet satisfying rate. So like earlier stated, if you like the old Hack 'N Slash Dungeon Crawlers of old, or more modern day action RPG titles like Skyrim & Dragons Age, this game will give you what you've wanted for so long and so much more. To me it's a solid fusion of a variety of RPG styles, as well as a celebration of what makes all these things great to RPG players, while also maintaining a level of fun for players new to the genre. I think this was a fantastic execution of a well thought out plan to deliver a fun, yet deep experience to the RPG community. It's truly a gamers' game. It's a shame that this game was misunderstood out of the gates and held to unfair standards...perhaps if it was given it's fair shake it may have been a franchise and design style that pushed and diversified the action RPG genre. Now it's just one of those hidden gems that gamers will have to discover for themselves by world of mouth.....and this is a game I definitely suggest to all my friends and fans of any RPG. I suggest you all do the same if you enjoy the game as well. Expand
  11. Apr 9, 2012
    I absolutely loved this game so it's hard for me to write this review impartially. The sidequests can be get very repetetive but there are so many that you can skip the ones you have no interest in and not suffer with an low levelled character. The character builds are also incredibily fun, you can change easily by resetting your level points at a "fateweaver" for low cost although it doesI absolutely loved this game so it's hard for me to write this review impartially. The sidequests can be get very repetetive but there are so many that you can skip the ones you have no interest in and not suffer with an low levelled character. The character builds are also incredibily fun, you can change easily by resetting your level points at a "fateweaver" for low cost although it does rise rapidly. You can then change your "fate" which lets you choose a specific move perk and play style bonus' like block %. The game is kinda let down by hollow characters but the combat is simply put the best action RPG, so none turn based combat system I have ever played. I never got bored of it after 70+ hours because if I did I simply changed play styles. Expand
  12. Feb 22, 2012
    I love Kingdoms of Amalur, everything works perfectly, no bugs, the environment is brilliant, the fight dynamic is great, the story is cool and even the simplest quests are fun to play. 10/10
  13. Feb 7, 2012
    Exceeds all of my expectations for a game in the A-RPG genre. Gameplay is stellar and unparalleled by any of its competitors. If you're looking for a great game that will be one of the funnest you've played, then this is the one for you. I was also surprised at how well they integrated the fantastic combat into a lore-laden world. The immersion is instant and perpetual which as an RPGExceeds all of my expectations for a game in the A-RPG genre. Gameplay is stellar and unparalleled by any of its competitors. If you're looking for a great game that will be one of the funnest you've played, then this is the one for you. I was also surprised at how well they integrated the fantastic combat into a lore-laden world. The immersion is instant and perpetual which as an RPG junkie, is a must Expand
  14. Feb 7, 2012
    This game is one of the best games you will ever play. Did you like Skyrim? This game is way better. Did you like God of War? This game is way better. Basically this game delivers everything and anything you hope for in an amazing game. They even give you free DLC on the first day! Big Huge Games & 38 Studios hit it out of the park with this one! It's awesome being able toThis game is one of the best games you will ever play. Did you like Skyrim? This game is way better. Did you like God of War? This game is way better. Basically this game delivers everything and anything you hope for in an amazing game. They even give you free DLC on the first day! Big Huge Games & 38 Studios hit it out of the park with this one! It's awesome being able to customize your character any way you prefer. You aren't stuck with the generic mage class or warrior class. You can pick any combination and you are still rewarded for doing so! Go buy this game you won't be disappointed! Expand
  15. Feb 7, 2012
    This is a fantastic game, primarily because it was made by Curt Schilling. What more do you really need to know? I'm a Yankees fan and even I respect the guy. And he made a video game! I'm swooning! In all seriousness, this is actually a really great game. I do prefer it over Skyrim. This game tries new things where Skyrim just retreads old ground. In five years nobody will be playingThis is a fantastic game, primarily because it was made by Curt Schilling. What more do you really need to know? I'm a Yankees fan and even I respect the guy. And he made a video game! I'm swooning! In all seriousness, this is actually a really great game. I do prefer it over Skyrim. This game tries new things where Skyrim just retreads old ground. In five years nobody will be playing Skyrim, but there's nothing quite like Amalur at this time, and there's a good chance I'll still be playing it in five years. Highly recommended.

(Also, I hear there's a mission where you paint blood on a sock, but I've not gotten to it yet.)

(Oh, also, how much do you think those Diamondbacks hated Byung-Hyun Kim after Game 4 and 5? Holy S.)
  16. Feb 7, 2012
    This game has come as a big surprise to me. Its REALLY GOOD. The combat is the best I have ever seen in an RPG. It's like Dragon Age 2 times 1000. The story has been fun to follow so far, and the world is HUGE. The graphics are decent, the sound effects in battles are cool, there is TONS of QUESTS. G4TV should be banned from TV for giving this game a poor rating. We need moreThis game has come as a big surprise to me. Its REALLY GOOD. The combat is the best I have ever seen in an RPG. It's like Dragon Age 2 times 1000. The story has been fun to follow so far, and the world is HUGE. The graphics are decent, the sound effects in battles are cool, there is TONS of QUESTS. G4TV should be banned from TV for giving this game a poor rating. We need more quality RPG's, and this is one of them! I will fully support this company to see Kingdoms of Amalur the next Elder Scrolls. They have made some really good design decisions, and I like their style more then I like The Elder Scrolls. I just wish that they would mate and have babies. Expand
  17. Feb 7, 2012
    Sweet combat system, stunning graphics, fantastic gamer support and feedback from devs online, better storyline than Dark Soul's and Skyrim both. I have no idea what people like Adam Sessler are smoking but they obviously have double standards. Since reviewers like him seem to only be able to compare games like this to Skyrim... Kingdoms of Amalur IMO has better combat, storyline, andSweet combat system, stunning graphics, fantastic gamer support and feedback from devs online, better storyline than Dark Soul's and Skyrim both. I have no idea what people like Adam Sessler are smoking but they obviously have double standards. Since reviewers like him seem to only be able to compare games like this to Skyrim... Kingdoms of Amalur IMO has better combat, storyline, and graphics versus Skrim not to mention FAR less bugs and MUCH better support from devs. Expand
  18. Feb 8, 2012
    What an awesome game! I love Skyrim and that doesn't stop me from enjoying it! It is not an open world like Skyrim but it's certainly not a linear world like Dragon Age 2. Combat is fantastic and the freedom of character design is great.
  19. Feb 8, 2012
    Have been gaming 30 years in some fashion or another and a gotta tell you this game as far as rpg's go is a breath of fresh air and exactly what the industry needed.All the other big name rpg publishers will have to change up their games to have this kind of fun gameplay,most rpg's feel like a chore to play but this one is incredible...way to go 38 and bhg good job..:)
  20. Feb 11, 2012
    An excellent game for any RPG-lover. I am now 11 hours into the game and am completely overwhelmed by all of the content. Sure critics can say that it's not really innovative, but neither was Skyrim! and no one ever complained about Skyrim being bland. Kingdoms of Amalur is almost completely bug-free. The gameplay is very nice and is easy to get used to. Environments are beautiful, howeverAn excellent game for any RPG-lover. I am now 11 hours into the game and am completely overwhelmed by all of the content. Sure critics can say that it's not really innovative, but neither was Skyrim! and no one ever complained about Skyrim being bland. Kingdoms of Amalur is almost completely bug-free. The gameplay is very nice and is easy to get used to. Environments are beautiful, however a little too bright at occasions. And the dialogues really are not that horrendous as people would like you to believe. It may feel a bit outdated but with the size of the game, that is forgiveable. 10/10 Expand
  21. Feb 8, 2012
    KOA delivers just about everything that I hoped for. Sure, there are some bumps along the ride, things here and there that you could polish, but let's get real here, no game in this genre is perfect. Take a look at the best of the best out there, Skyrim, and you'll find most of the glitches and mistakes you see here.
    The bad? Facial expressions, lip sync, the dreaded useless options when
    The bad? Facial expressions, lip sync, the dreaded useless options when speaking to an NPC, meaningless sidequests.
    The good? Everything else. The world is beautiful, the story works for heavy rpg players as well as light ones, the combat ... oh the combat. I'm sure it'll change most rpgs from now on.
    Then there's the fact that this is a new IP, so I'm just drooling to see what else can they deliver after this little jewel. Most bad reviews I've seen for this game are from people that seem to say they would rate iknecrat with a 5/100 because it has 1990 graphics. You have to rate games according to what they can deliver.
  22. Feb 9, 2012
    this game was even better then i expected.. its a perfect game,,, the music the animations and it has a great story,, the dificulty level is just right, and the quests are varried and none of them seem to be fillers they all relate to the story
  23. Feb 9, 2012
    As advertised from the very beginning, Reckoning is indeed a "guided" open world game. The combat is a breath of fresh air, combining elements of hack n' slash and action games residing over a sturdy and deep traditional RPG stat system that's sure to give you the satisfaction of both a standard RPG spreadsheet character along with the awesome combat of something similar to God of War. TheAs advertised from the very beginning, Reckoning is indeed a "guided" open world game. The combat is a breath of fresh air, combining elements of hack n' slash and action games residing over a sturdy and deep traditional RPG stat system that's sure to give you the satisfaction of both a standard RPG spreadsheet character along with the awesome combat of something similar to God of War. The world is alive and majestic, easily overtaking its peers in terms of immersion and sense of wonder. I'd like to reiterate that the game was never marketed as anything other than "guided open world". Folks who are upset that the game is not nearly as open as Skyrim have simply failed to be good consumers and do proper research into the product they are buying. The voice acting is phenomenal, rivaling some of the best RPGs to date. Although this appears to be an area of contention among reviewers, it's important to note that this is one of the more subjective categories of game review. Crafting is surprisingly deep, allowing you to customize your equipment to fit your playstyle rather than your standard spam professions present in World of Warcraft or Skyrim. The graphics are heavily stylized in a comic book fashion. It's no wonder with the likes of Todd McFarlane heading development there. The story is rich and unique, playing on several real life political themes as well as your standard fantasy flair. In terms of high fantasy, Reckoning stands apart from your cliche genre, introducing a new type of elf - the Alfar - which are quite different from your Lord of the Rings derivations you might be used to. In addition, many unique creatures call Amalur their home, including Jottun and Boggarts. I'd point out that most reviews here seem to be comparing the game directly to Skyrim, which makes me believe that there are more than a few angry TES fanboys who are non-too-happy about having a challenger to the open world throne. Unfortunately, they'll have to learn to deal with it, as Reckoning has finally provided RPG fans with a game that can have elements of other genres (particularly combat), while staying true to long-standing RPG conventions running behind the scenes, such as stats. Expand
  24. Feb 11, 2012
    Amazing quest structure and lore. Engaging and addictive combat. The world is beautifully designed. Controller integration is flawless and helps the game feel fast paced. I'm about 50 hours in right now and absolutely loving the game. Some of the skills are unbalanced and need tweaking, but this is a phenomenal first effort from 38 Studios/Big Huge Games in the Amalur world.
  25. Feb 11, 2012
    First of all, let me just say, this game actually works on PS3! Huge success right there!

Presentation: The fit, finish, and polish of this game feels absolutely AAA to me. For an example of a game that is not AAA, play through Two Worlds II. I actually enjoyed TWII, but the fit and finish was nowhere near what we are presented with in Reckoning. I find the collapsible menus to be well laid out, even if slightly scroll intensive. I have had no problems whatsoever with any facet of the game working as it should, and this includes DLC, preorder DLC codes, saves, auto-saves, etc. . . The only issue I have found is during one cut scene the dialog was not synced exactly with the NPCâ
  26. Feb 11, 2012
    Kingdom of Amalur Reckoning is one of the best game I had played this year. Open world with plenty of quests to complete, you will be drawn to this fantasy world. The combat was very good too, had so much fun using faeblades with chakram. The only minor issue I had with this game is that the camera kinda close to my character, but that very minor and it didn't take away the fun I had withKingdom of Amalur Reckoning is one of the best game I had played this year. Open world with plenty of quests to complete, you will be drawn to this fantasy world. The combat was very good too, had so much fun using faeblades with chakram. The only minor issue I had with this game is that the camera kinda close to my character, but that very minor and it didn't take away the fun I had with this game. I must also praised the dev, for every dungeons I entered are unique and not recycled. The storyline is pretty good too. I have put in many good hours in this game and it has not freeze/lag on me, kudos to the dev for making a game this huge being so stable. Expand
  27. Feb 11, 2012
    I have not stopped playing this game since it came out. There is just so much to do that you will tend to forget that there is even a main quest. The story is very good and the combat is very fun and addictive. I've played my share of RPGs. Open world, sandbox, action, you name it! In my opinion Reckoning is the best out there. It takes all the goods from an RPG and gives it the action ofI have not stopped playing this game since it came out. There is just so much to do that you will tend to forget that there is even a main quest. The story is very good and the combat is very fun and addictive. I've played my share of RPGs. Open world, sandbox, action, you name it! In my opinion Reckoning is the best out there. It takes all the goods from an RPG and gives it the action of God of War. This game is really God of War meets Skyrim. If you love RPGs please give this game a chance. I'm positive that if you really love RPGs you will not put this game down for a WHILE! Expand
  28. Feb 12, 2012
    Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning is to modern RPG what an action movie is to Cinema. Sure, a game like Skyrim is going to get better reviews from the critics. But let's be honest, you got bored half way through Skyrim and never touched it again. KoAR may not have a deep story, you will never find yourself emotionally invested in the characters, but you will have fun, lots of fun. And inKingdom of Amalur: Reckoning is to modern RPG what an action movie is to Cinema. Sure, a game like Skyrim is going to get better reviews from the critics. But let's be honest, you got bored half way through Skyrim and never touched it again. KoAR may not have a deep story, you will never find yourself emotionally invested in the characters, but you will have fun, lots of fun. And in the end, isn't that the point of a video game?

The game doesn't really add anything original to the genre, it feels more like a conglamoration of existing titles. The artwork is fantastic. It's a bit cartoony, but the world is vibrant and aesthetically pleasing in a way that's reminiscant of blizzard. The action is fantastic for an RPG.

Think of a summer blockbuster action movie. Sure, it ain't going to win an Oscar, but you'll have a lot of fun.
  29. Feb 14, 2012
    This cast of fantastic game designers have taken the best parts of so many games and have create one better than all of them. If you've enjoyed Fable, Darksiders, Torchlight even, you will love this one. It is so gorgeous, the music is incredible, reminiscent of Rockstar's Bully, The fighting system is loads of fun, you never stop improving your character, there is an incredible amount ofThis cast of fantastic game designers have taken the best parts of so many games and have create one better than all of them. If you've enjoyed Fable, Darksiders, Torchlight even, you will love this one. It is so gorgeous, the music is incredible, reminiscent of Rockstar's Bully, The fighting system is loads of fun, you never stop improving your character, there is an incredible amount of things to do and ways to improve your character, the missions are fun and varied, the plot is interesting, and it seems to never get boring, the longer I play the more incredible it seems. The magic the weapons the special moves, just so many things to look forward to and so much loot it'll make you hungry for more. It is truly a game that is impossible to put down once you've started it. The camera isn't ideal but you'll get used to it, and the dialog and NPC textures might put some off a bit early on, but once you get into the game, all these things disappear into the background and you're left with an incredible experience that will get you hooked for very long hours. Haven't had this much fun in a long time. Expand
  30. Feb 23, 2012
    After 75hours of playing this game so far, I can safely say that this is one of the most addictive games ever. It is absolutely fantastic anyway you look at it, a bit or Darksiders a bit of Fable a bit of God of war, a bit of everything great and you end up with this true Gem of a game. Not playing this is a sin. Wonderful story, visual, superb music, worth every penny. Especially for anAfter 75hours of playing this game so far, I can safely say that this is one of the most addictive games ever. It is absolutely fantastic anyway you look at it, a bit or Darksiders a bit of Fable a bit of God of war, a bit of everything great and you end up with this true Gem of a game. Not playing this is a sin. Wonderful story, visual, superb music, worth every penny. Especially for an RPG fan. Sure it has a few minor issues, with camera and occasionally an NPC texture, but for such a humongous epic game it is virtually bug free and flawless. Skyrim, Fable and Fallout 3 are among my favorite games of all time, and they are all infinitely more buggy which is understandable for such big games. All in all, it is the most fun you can have and I see very few games being worth your money coming out this year. A game of the year contender. Don't miss it! Expand

1. Mar 8, 2012
    Needless to say, Reckoning is a repetitive experience. If you've played the first five hours, you've seen everything the game has to offer except a few bosses and superficially different environments.
  2. Mar 5, 2012
    When you set aside the forgettable characters and boring dialog you find a game that is so well polished in many of its other aspects. The title boasts one of the best combat systems ever in an action-RPG and a highly flexible class system that allows the player to choose to be whatever they want to.
  3. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Mar 4, 2012
    Reckoning is not about narrative. In this respect, it's a defiantly linear experience. What it is about is gameplay choice within the oft-rigid of an RPG. The way it accomplishes this is particularly fresh, and maybe even suggests a new precedent in the evolution of the genre. It's about time, right? Big Huge Games has clearly been paying a lot of attention to what's going on, and the result is that Reckoning is a patchwork of everything great that's been done to forward modern RPGs in recent times. [March 2012, p70]