7.1

1. May 18, 2011
    I don't understand some critics. What's up with all this hate? LEGO Pirates is, by far, the BEST in the series. And I've played ALL of them. Some critics are saying that the puzzles are not intuitive enough and that it's difficult to know which characters to use to solve them. What? Isn't this the whole purpose? And, by all means, this is the case here. I've been playing it for some time,I don't understand some critics. What's up with all this hate? LEGO Pirates is, by far, the BEST in the series. And I've played ALL of them. Some critics are saying that the puzzles are not intuitive enough and that it's difficult to know which characters to use to solve them. What? Isn't this the whole purpose? And, by all means, this is the case here. I've been playing it for some time, now, and I have never been stuck. LEGO Pirates is gorgeous, fun, true to the series and offers countless hours of replayability. If you liked previous LEGO games, this is a MUST HAVE. Expand
  2. Nov 8, 2014
    Sorry for the mistakes, I'm french and my english is far from perfect.

Sorry for the mistakes, I'm french and my english is far from perfect.

Pirates of the Caribbean was my first entry in the lego series and let's say it right now i felt in loved with lego games thanks to it. We've got every single aspect of a great platforming game, great mechanics, appreciable by everyone, a lot of humor, and great replay value (approximately 20 hours if you want to beat the game at 100%). If you've got children the only reason than may get in the way of you buying this game it's if you didn't see the movies (you may be lost in the story).
    Except a few bugs here and there Lego Pirates Of the Caribbean is a model of good platforming games, if you like the genre you can't go wrong with this game.
  3. May 21, 2011
    This game is a blast to play! I have never played a Lego game before so this is coming from someone completely new to the Lego series. I am a huge fan of Pirates of Caribbean and the Lego version is so much fun to play and does justice to the movies. It is bounds better then other movie tie in games. The game follows the story near perfectly with some oddities that, mind you, are done onThis game is a blast to play! I have never played a Lego game before so this is coming from someone completely new to the Lego series. I am a huge fan of Pirates of Caribbean and the Lego version is so much fun to play and does justice to the movies. It is bounds better then other movie tie in games. The game follows the story near perfectly with some oddities that, mind you, are done on purpose. The animations are spot on, Jack in particular and co-op makes the game twice as fun. In fact its a must to have a friend, to share solving the puzzles and putting on silly masks. The puzzle difficulty has a nice learning curve and each character can do a special ability such as Jacks mask. I cant say much wrong about this game. Great audio, game play. all the varied locations from the film, cannons, Jack Sparrow and Pirates! If your a fan of Pirates of the Caribbean you cant go wrong buying this game! Expand
  4. Nov 8, 2014
    It is a fun game, but it will become very boring if you are playing alone. I think personally this game is much better when playing CO-OP mode. There are many levels to play, but when playing story mode you must skip many of secrets/puzzles and come back later when you have all the characters you need. These kind of secrets and puzzles are frustrating me.

I recommend this game if you

I recommend this game if you have a friend to play with and like these "comebacklater-parts".
  5. May 11, 2011
    If you like the Lego video game series and you like the Pirates series, then you're going to love this game. I am somewhat shocked by the lackluster media review scores this is getting, as I can't really imagine what more one could expect from this title. Some of the reviews reveal less familiarity with past Lego titles, so perhaps the reviewers don't well represent the target audience.If you like the Lego video game series and you like the Pirates series, then you're going to love this game. I am somewhat shocked by the lackluster media review scores this is getting, as I can't really imagine what more one could expect from this title. Some of the reviews reveal less familiarity with past Lego titles, so perhaps the reviewers don't well represent the target audience. But as someone with a family who has played all of the previous Lego games, I can say without reservation that this is exactly what we hoped it would be. The visuals and sounds are excellent, and the game play is solid. Players of the previous Lego games, especially the younger ones, will feel right at home with all the familiar mechanics, and also energized with all the rope swinging, sword play and other swashbuckling antics brought out for this new theme. All of this is rendered with the same impressive new graphics engine used in the recent Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars. Expand
  6. Apr 26, 2013
    This game is pretty much a perfect product for the Pirates of the Caribbean fans. It has everything from the movies being the third the best. Hilarious cutscenes great gameplay and co-op
  7. May 2, 2015

1. Dec 12, 2011
    The gameplay is exactly what you've come to expect from a LEGO game, but the graphics look better than any LEGO game before. The issue is more a matter of the franchise it's tied to, which isn't as memorable or charming as the other movies with LEGO tie-ins and thus doesn't provide the same number of memorable levels, scenes or characters.
  2. Oct 20, 2011
    Legos are a infinite fountain of ideas. Now the game franchise extends it's tentacles around pirates. Jerry Bruckheimer's crown jewel is a fitting platform for Lego license and this game requires more wits than button mashing abilities. [May 2011]
  3. Jul 8, 2011
    With strong production values, great visuals and an excellent audio score to back it all up, LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean is easily one of the best efforts in the franchise to date. No, it's not perfect, but the game has strong appeal across the board. It's also one of the few cases where a licensed game is better than the movie on which it is based.