Major League Baseball 2K7 PlayStation 3

4.7

1. DaveH.
    Mar 17, 2007
    Much improved from last year's version, but there still are some problems. Graphics are good, but having played NBA 2K7, I expected better, cleaner graphics. The animations and signature styles are excellent. Batting routines mimic real life players very well. Hitting is solid, but fielding can be frustrating due to poor response time. Also, the PS3 version has a lot of slow-down in Much improved from last year's version, but there still are some problems. Graphics are good, but having played NBA 2K7, I expected better, cleaner graphics. The animations and signature styles are excellent. Batting routines mimic real life players very well. Hitting is solid, but fielding can be frustrating due to poor response time. Also, the PS3 version has a lot of slow-down in different places during the game which is very annoying. Solid effort, but if 2K Sports can improve these problems next year, they should have a gem. Expand
  2. MattS.
    Feb 28, 2007
    Much better than the joke that came out last year for the 360. Looks great. Play is decent, although I'm not sure the sixaxis batting is the way to go - seems to be difficult and awkward. Good all around game and finally we can play a baseball game again.
  3. KevinK.
    Mar 28, 2007
    This game blows. With the possible exception of only somewhat disappointing graphics, I am entirely dismayed with this product. I wish I could have my $60 back. Statistical inaccuracies abound, horrible commentating (including calling a right handed pitcher a "good looking young lefty"), piss-poor scoring (as in awarding hits on errors by fielders, causing a pitcher's ERA to go up), This game blows. With the possible exception of only somewhat disappointing graphics, I am entirely dismayed with this product. I wish I could have my $60 back. Statistical inaccuracies abound, horrible commentating (including calling a right handed pitcher a "good looking young lefty"), piss-poor scoring (as in awarding hits on errors by fielders, causing a pitcher's ERA to go up), and overall very rough gameplay. If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't buy it. Not even used. Collapse

1. MLB 2K7 is certainly a better game, but most of the new content is of the visual variety. I can't stress enough how impressive this aspect of the game is. It captures the look, sound, and feel of the game better than anything you've seen before. [Mar 2007, p.98]
    This game's stunning details should keep you engaged all summer long, and the potential tendon injury from hitting is enticing. But the absence of rumble and the general lack of defensive and pitching innovation keep this from making the All-Star team.
    The SIXAXIS control scheme, while creative, just doesn't get the job done as much as you'd hope it would. 2K7 is still fun, but a number of its issues hamper the enjoyment of this title.