Mass Effect 3 PlayStation 3

5.5

1. Dec 8, 2012
    All the choices you made in previous games, all the heartbreaking decisions, the entire Mass Effect lore got flushed down the drain with this disaster piece. Nothing you did in the trilogy mattered because in the end, it was all a story. Nothing really happened. Good job Bioware.
  2. Mar 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I can sum this entire review in three words: f*#k this game. anyway read below for the TLDR

Once upon a time, in a galaxy far far away. There was a game series known as Mass Effect. This game series was unique in the sense that it told a compelling sci fi story and it let you influence the course of the story through your very own character. You made the decisions, and it was essentially YOUR story. Mass Effect 1 was a smash hit back in 2007, gameplay like this was never done on this level before. Mass Effect 2 was released in 2010 (I think), and it was even better than it's predecessor. Granted the story in Mass Effect 2 was a waste of time.. however it did develop the characters and that was great and all, but I digress.

In steps the highly anticipated Mass Effect 3, I can't tell you how much freaking HYPE there was for this game it was nuts. It gets released, and at first it's everything ME3 was meant to be, it was the freakin' third installment of the mass effect series. Then you start noticing little things... little shortcuts the devs took that progressively stack up as you play your way through the game. Why are the civilians 2D sprites? Why did they use a poorly photoshopped googled stock photo to reveal a major character? Why did they nullify many important choices that you made throughout the series? Why did they restrict dialogue to only 2 choices 90% of the game? who.. what.. why.. then it hits you, this game was rushed. Good old fashioned EA nonsense if you will. What kind of is this?? Why it's EA of course, these guys are the MASTERS of let me tell you. but wait it gets worse. specifically towards the end of the game, during the last 2 or 3 hours or so, the story begins.. well frankly.. to fall apart. Many important plot elements just go completely unexplained, many characters appear in places they shouldn't be with zero explanation at all, large space stations are moved across the galaxy all of a sudden, no explanation at all. but wait, it gets worse! during the final part of the game, the plot starts to look like swiss cheese no joke, disappearing characters, reappearing characters, characters get magic powers all of a sudden. all with zero explanation.

and the cherry on top of this sunday, and I think you know it... the ending. It honestly can't get much worse than this ending. It makes no god damned sense, it retcons the entire trilogy essentially, it makes you pick your favorite color, and your characters dies in almost all of them. and NONE of your choices mattered. the end. That's seriously the ending, some big red green or blue explosion happens, you either become god of the universe for no reason, turn the galaxy into robots and everyone's happy.. cuz robots are awesome I guess, or shoot a tube and land in a pile of bricks somehow, depends on what your favorite color is. there's also a 4th ending but in this ending, everyone dies the end that's it. Bioware put that ending in JUST TO SPITE ppl that didn't like this trash heap of an ending. Oh don't even get me started on biowarEA's condescending attitude towards this whole situation. They would rather sit back and call everybody a bunch of entitled whiners rather than fix their broke ass game. yeah, that's good customer relations ISN'T IT. They lead people on to believe that something more than meets the eye was going on with this ending, but nope, fooled them again, the ending is just as bad as it looks, nothing more nothing less. If you like it, buy my dlc, if not then EVERYBODY DIES GTFO.. artistic integrity indeed.

anyway, it also comes with multiplayer for some fuc#$%ing reason. Remember what made Mass Effect 1 and 2 great? the multiplayer right? NO THERE WAS NO MULTIPLAYER wtf are these people thinking. this game was never about multiplayer it was about an awesome singleplayer experience, which they effectively destroyed in the last 10 minutes so scratch that. EA strikes back, avoid them at all costs. They'll take your cash.

This game gets a 1/10 because as much as a pile of it is, there are some genuinely good parts of it, that's the other writers, you know.. the talented people.. doing their thing. I feel really bad for them, having all their work overshadowed by lazy and retarded executive producers and lead writers. The music is really good so I'll give it a 2/10.

Don't buy this game. Don't play this game. Don't let your friends play this game. it will leave a very sour taste in your mouth afterwards, particularly if you're a mass effect fan. nearly destroyed my interest in gaming entirely.
  3. Mar 9, 2012
    Don't get me wrong, this game is playable and I'm sure if you had no standards or simply didn't care you could pick up this game and have a midly enjoyable experience. BUT the atrocities EA and Bioware committed mean I cannot give this game a decent rating with a good conscience. So what is so bad about this game? Let me tell you:
    1. Day 1 DLC: Whether it was EA or Bioware (Biowhore, if
    1. Day 1 DLC: Whether it was EA or Bioware (Biowhore, if you will) that decided to take this course I don't know, but releasing DLC on the day of release, particularly DLC which is important to the plot, at 1/6 the price of the game itself is unforgivable in of itself. It seems they are laughing in our face as we shell out money for something that should have been on the disc, available to everyone. It is obvious that it was done simply to milk as much money out of the fans as possible.
    2. Casualisation: The game was geared towards Call of Duty players in order to cash in on the series' success, while abandoning the loyal fanbase. Not much else to say here.
    3. Shoddy Writing: Many uninformed people think that the attacks on the Bioware employee Jennifer Hepler was simply a display of hate for the sake of hate. While they certainly did go overboard, it wasn't without good reason. She was the physical manifestation of the quality of writing coming from Bioware. Examples: Dialogue is awkward, the ending is notoriously bad, after seeing so many people die and killing so many himself, Sephard is emotianally effected by the death of a random kid above all. Overall you would expect something better from a Naruto fanfiction. 4. Laziness of Bioware: For a big budget, triple A game you would expect a certain level of effort from the developers. Bioware, however seemed to have taken shortcuts left, right and centre. There are images circulating the internet which demonstrate this quite well. For example, Copying a stock image for the portrait of a character who dies in the game, and copying another 7? year old image lying around in the internet for the ending.
    5. Ininspired Multiplayer: Another cash-in, Wave survival modes have been done to death, nowadays every game seems to have one. It seems this was added in to artificially extend the life of the game and make an excuse for future half-assed DLC releases.
    6. Gay Sex: people reading this may call 'Hurr durr homophobe" - but wait to read my reasoning. Homosexuality IS a sin. Being implemented in such as fashion acts to 'casualise' it, pressing on the impressionable 13 year old minds (whose uninformed mothers will be buying this game) that it is fine and acceptable. I do not hate **** I care about them, just as I do any other person. For this reason I oppose it.
    Even if this is an attempt to cash-in with the gay audience rather than a political agenda, it gets in the way of the average straight player and does not belong. I do not want to have gay passes made to me by my squadmates when I'm playing a game.
    7. Reviewers are sellouts: This goes for every major game release nowadays, but is absolutely appalling. While I'm not implying that EA is necessarily directly paying reviewers to give the game good reviews (not that I'd put it past them) there is certainly a feel that if you don't give it a good review the publisher early access to future releases. I have heard of cases where people have lost their job because they wrote how the felt rather than what they were told to write. This is why I'm writing this review in fact - to help get a bit of truth out.
    Instead of a proper, objective review we are fed tripe with 10/10 would play again bs.

Due to all these aformentioned problems with Mass Effect 3, I cannot take it seriously, thus it receives a score of 0/10. The only reason it has earned a 1 from me is because the Biodrone tears are absolutely delicious.
    Have a good day sirs.
  4. Mar 21, 2012
    I rented this game and almost threw it into a trash heap after playing it through, thank goodness I didn't or I would have had to buy this piece of junk. RENT do not buy this monstrosity of a movie called a game; pretty pictures, NO SUBSTANCE. I will never buy another Bioware game until user reviews on a subsequent game get a LOT better. Bye Bioware, hello Bethesda and back into Skyrim on my pc.
  5. Mar 12, 2012
    Bioware/EA. Just look at there last few releases and everything that's wrong with them, now add all that onto the fact the series was actually kind of ok, and you have what is akin to.. Say.. A young attractive women who had a wonderful career/life ahead of her, who in one fell swoop, was beaten and raped repeatedly over and over and over until even the dregs of society wouldn't want toBioware/EA. Just look at there last few releases and everything that's wrong with them, now add all that onto the fact the series was actually kind of ok, and you have what is akin to.. Say.. A young attractive women who had a wonderful career/life ahead of her, who in one fell swoop, was beaten and raped repeatedly over and over and over until even the dregs of society wouldn't want to touch her with a ten foot poll in case of catching herpes or aids.

That's what Mass Effect 3 is like, basically.
  6. Mar 19, 2012
    Though a great game, the last few moment ruin the entire experience of the entire ME series. Like so many other players, I really enjoyed Mass Effect 3. If not for the last 15 minutes, I would give this game a 9 or more. However, the ending is so abysmal (plot holes, inconsistencies, unsatisfying explanations, not to mention exactly the same whatever you do throughout all three games...)Though a great game, the last few moment ruin the entire experience of the entire ME series. Like so many other players, I really enjoyed Mass Effect 3. If not for the last 15 minutes, I would give this game a 9 or more. However, the ending is so abysmal (plot holes, inconsistencies, unsatisfying explanations, not to mention exactly the same whatever you do throughout all three games...) that I can't give this game any more than a 2 Expand
  7. Mar 19, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. ME3, a fantastic game, until the end. I loved it all the way through, until the last bit. To me, the ending is contrived, non sense and just bad. I would give it a 10/10 if not for the ending. It had a couple bug issues, but those were minor. The ending forces the player into basically 3 choices to destroy all life in the galaxy. It is filled with plot holes and does a great injustice to the ME trilogy. The end destroys it for me completely. One drop of poison can ruin the entire well. If you like epic hero, saves the day, then don't get this game. If you like nihilism and depressing endings...then get this game. Expand
  8. Mar 12, 2012
    The only hint people need is NOT to buy the game. Only way you will get Bioware to take notice of all the crap that is wrong with their series..creatively and technically. Ending terrible..Engine framerate terrible on PS3. No excuse for these companies anymore..its the greedy people at the top of the food chain taking advantage of the consumer by cutting back talented people. Heck I evenThe only hint people need is NOT to buy the game. Only way you will get Bioware to take notice of all the crap that is wrong with their series..creatively and technically. Ending terrible..Engine framerate terrible on PS3. No excuse for these companies anymore..its the greedy people at the top of the food chain taking advantage of the consumer by cutting back talented people. Heck I even loved the terminator boss in ME2..what happened to that? Gamers, consumers, unite and stay clear of anything Bioware puts out in the future. Expand
  9. Mar 28, 2012
    Is ME3 really this bad? Yes it is.. If your a fan of the series and spent countless hours within 1 and 2, this purchase will be your biggest regret. IF you don't care about consistency, have not played either of the 1st two, don't care about false advertising, and just want to play a corny game, then this is for you. Gameplay isn't changed too much from the 2nd, although it feels a littleIs ME3 really this bad? Yes it is.. If your a fan of the series and spent countless hours within 1 and 2, this purchase will be your biggest regret. IF you don't care about consistency, have not played either of the 1st two, don't care about false advertising, and just want to play a corny game, then this is for you. Gameplay isn't changed too much from the 2nd, although it feels a little smoother. Graphically nearly identical, no real improvement other then some areas are more shiny. The overwhelming majority has a great distaste for the way EA/Bioware has marketed this game and there tactics throughout the process, along with the obviously rushed and idiotic ending. Any company that states - You've become a legend. To continue, buy extended content - at the end of a game is low, and I hope they file bankruptcy. Day one DLC is bad enough, to boast about it in game is pathetic.. Is that what this gen will leave behind? It's unmistakable foray into each game leaving out gameplay to charge ridiculous amounts for minimum content? The game itself lacks something that 1 and 2 had, that certain level of immersion where you forget or completely ignore the faults of the game, because its plot and characters are that well developed. Something special that makes you remember each encounter and actually care about the decisions you make. The 3rd has none of this. Your choices from 1 and 2 are barely visible in 3, sometimes plot-lines are completely absurd compared to what you had done previously. You put Anderson on the council? Too bad, Udina is on it now with no explanation. Did you kill Wrex in 1? He's back! Let the Rachni die off? They found more! Literally nothing matters.. Every decision you may have made has been streamlined into 1 basic plot that doesn't do the series justice, nor does it even make sense. People and Bioware who are wondering why people are so mad, and think its only because there spoiled and want a happy ending truly have no idea whats going on.. The entire series has been marketed as a decision based trilogy where you were shaping your own story as Shepard, Bioware was just giving you the tools. Mass amounts of interviews were conducted and published promoting this idea and a plethora of different endings were guaranteed (at least 16). Bioware told us every decision would matter... In the end, the only decision that mattered was that they got your money. The end is one singular loop that plays out exactly the same, no matter what you "choose" - they just contain different color filters on the cgi video. Thats lazy developing and a scam for what was marketed to consumers. The end is not art either. This is a business first and foremost. They wouldn't spend millions to make and advertise it if not. Think of it this way. You go to an art show and an artist displays a "new, unique painting that has never been seen before, where its level of obscurity and detail will transcend your mind". It's covered and your not allowed to see it until its purchased and you've brought it home. You buy it.. but once your get it home, you realize its nothing more than a ripped piece of paper with a poop smear.. You'd want your money back. That's false advertising, its not only unethical, but illegal. Just because this is a "game", does not give it the right to abuse consumers. Overall, if you want a recap of the ending, its like this: Your girl/boy friend has cheated on you. You feel betrayed and remember none of the good times, because of the horrible trauma that it's caused you emotionally . The ending is the last thing you see, therefore its the last thing you remember. Bad outweighs the good. It can take years to trust somebody, but 5 seconds to break that.. and this is one of those instances. Nobody cares that Shepard died, its the fact that your decisions and squad mates don't matter and the countless hours of gameplay are useless, along with severe plot crippling holes. Wait for this game to be entirely remade before buying if your a fan of the series and plot.. you will regret your purchase. I was lucky and got away using a friends copy.. Expand
  10. Mar 11, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The first 95% of this game is incredible and worth playing. It introduces new characters and themes while (for the most part) successfully wrapping up story lines from the previous two games. Unfortunately the last 10-15 minutes of the game undermine everything that has happened up to that point. All your decisions are rendered meaningless and random plot hole after random plot hole end what up to that point had been one of the greatest games I have ever played. What is most insulting is that the ending feels cheap and tacked on, almost as if the developer ran out of time and resources and just threw some random stuff together hoping no one would notice. This game is not worth buying until the developer removes the glaring plot holes and fixes the ending to reflect the character's choices throughout this game and the previous two. Expand
  11. Mar 12, 2012
    mass effect was epic.
    mass effect 2 was powerful.
    mass effect 3 just kill the trilogy.

put 2 point because they are good things in this game but you lose so much with your multi-player who is necessary to the solo and this horrible end!
  12. Mar 12, 2012
    When you finish a game you are left with the impression it has given you. I would say the game play was great. The ending was forced and short. Music and cinematic for the ending were great for what they were... but it wasn't left as a cliffhanger or ambiguous.. it left you with a what just happened.. is that it? feeling. Honestly watching youtube... the 'worst' endings actually left theWhen you finish a game you are left with the impression it has given you. I would say the game play was great. The ending was forced and short. Music and cinematic for the ending were great for what they were... but it wasn't left as a cliffhanger or ambiguous.. it left you with a what just happened.. is that it? feeling. Honestly watching youtube... the 'worst' endings actually left the player feeling like they should play again and make it better.. but the worst ending were really just the best endings but with parts cut out... very disappointing. might play multilayer but the game has ZERO replay value. Huge plot holes and no conclusion the any of the characters you had left...

Movement had some major flaws. The idea of cover was great, but the console feel made the character get stuck by a grenade when you could have clearly ran away and were pressing the cover button to stand up but you just mode to a different wall.
  13. Apr 9, 2012
    Do not listen to the people rating this game good. Mass Effect 3 is utterly amazing until the last five minutes and if you liked the first 2, you will be god awfully disappointed. Some of the people writing on here seem to think BioWare couldn't pull off something they've pulled off plenty of times before in the previous two games; having your choices matter. Get this game only used, andDo not listen to the people rating this game good. Mass Effect 3 is utterly amazing until the last five minutes and if you liked the first 2, you will be god awfully disappointed. Some of the people writing on here seem to think BioWare couldn't pull off something they've pulled off plenty of times before in the previous two games; having your choices matter. Get this game only used, and ignore anyone who tells you otherwise. ME3 is riddled with plot holes and technical issues from lack of properly importing your character to ignoring choices you made in the first two games (in many cases they hand wave you away). The PS3 port is no exception, and it plays awfully on the system. BioWare and EA managed to create the biggest disappointment in gaming history. An epic trilogy filled with deep and meaningful story that you build through your choices... ending in a game that takes account of your choices as much as a rail shooter. The diverse endings they promised don't exist (you get one, with a slight variation in the cinematic at the end; they change the color), your squad from the previous two games largely only get cameos except for a handful, your choices have no effect or ability to change the outcome of the ending (like such as if you make peace with the Geth and Quarians the Catalyst still tells you synthetics and organics can't live together). It's filled with technical issues (textures malfunctioning and glitching out, models breaking in game, the use of 2d sprites instead of 3d [if that bothers you, trust me, you'll notice it]). Even with the bastardization of the story being ignored, it's just a disappointment of a game. You could ignore some of it though if it wasn't for the abysmal ending. Ignore people who tell you it's good... they're the same kind of people who thought the Star Wars prequels had no problems what so ever. Expand
  14. Mar 12, 2012
    The Ending. It is bad. Believe the hype. Ruins the game but not the series. Each game in the Mass Effect series is unique and Its best to treat them as such, because lets be real if ME1 didn't make money ME2 wouldn't exist, if ME2 didn't make money ME3 wouldn't exist. Similar plot lines may run through all three but obviously it was made up as they went along. They are totally abstractThe Ending. It is bad. Believe the hype. Ruins the game but not the series. Each game in the Mass Effect series is unique and Its best to treat them as such, because lets be real if ME1 didn't make money ME2 wouldn't exist, if ME2 didn't make money ME3 wouldn't exist. Similar plot lines may run through all three but obviously it was made up as they went along. They are totally abstract from one another and clearly made by different people and processes. This one fell flat half way through then went very very dark, obscure, even morbid. Then hits you with the totally ridiculous ending. Yuk Expand
  15. Mar 11, 2012
    I bought this game after reading multiple game site reviews all giving this game a high rating, rationalizing it through saying that the scope and conceptual design of this game make it a quality product. I am here to say I am no longer going to purchase a game based on "critic" reviews. This game ruined the Mass Effect series for me. BioWare has clearly sold its soul to EA and noI bought this game after reading multiple game site reviews all giving this game a high rating, rationalizing it through saying that the scope and conceptual design of this game make it a quality product. I am here to say I am no longer going to purchase a game based on "critic" reviews. This game ruined the Mass Effect series for me. BioWare has clearly sold its soul to EA and no longer cares about the quality writing and storytelling that existed in this games predecessors. This game is like Dragon Age 2 all over again. As I played through I began to care less and less about the decisions I made and simply wanted to finish the game. Nothing was compelling enough to have me play through it again and I will definitely be selling this game the second I beat it as to ensure I get the most money back. I can say nothing more than that I am frustrated and completely disappointed in BioWare, and will boycott game that include DAY 1 DLC for as long as they continue to come out. $74 for a game with DAY ONE... DAY ONE... dlc is outrageous, especially for a "dumbed down" product. Sorry BioWare, but you have tarnished my once high opinion of you and have lost a customer. Expand
  16. Mar 11, 2012
    Take away the compelling story from the mass effect series and what are you left with? Most people would agree we're left with little more than a sub-par shooter. Bioware often gets a pass on this because the story elements are so strong and interesting. NOT THIS TIME OUT. The story and especially the incomprehensible nonsense ending make for a tale that sucks the awesome not only out ofTake away the compelling story from the mass effect series and what are you left with? Most people would agree we're left with little more than a sub-par shooter. Bioware often gets a pass on this because the story elements are so strong and interesting. NOT THIS TIME OUT. The story and especially the incomprehensible nonsense ending make for a tale that sucks the awesome not only out of this game, but also out of the rest of the franchise which have been building up to an epic ending, where literally NONE of your choices throughout the entire series make an impact. Not having this strong story to keep you going, be prepared to suffer through this sub-par shooter Expand
  17. Apr 9, 2012
    What a joke. Mass Effect 2 was easily my favorite game this gen and I couldn't have been more letdown playing through this game the first time. I'm working through my second play through and I just can't make it. I'm selling it back and never buying a Mass Effect game again. Easily the worst and most disappointing ending of a game I've ever seen and I refuse to pay EA for a better ending.What a joke. Mass Effect 2 was easily my favorite game this gen and I couldn't have been more letdown playing through this game the first time. I'm working through my second play through and I just can't make it. I'm selling it back and never buying a Mass Effect game again. Easily the worst and most disappointing ending of a game I've ever seen and I refuse to pay EA for a better ending. They ruined it for themselves and I'm not letting them get any more of my money. Expand
  18. Mar 28, 2012
    DLC day one, poor level design, the rpg side bybye, no evolution (again recruiting a teamn no planet eploration with mako), poor dialogue option, and the best of evrything the non sense and scandalous ending!!!!!
  19. Apr 1, 2012
    Game is full of plot holes and awkward dialogue. Paragon/Renegade choices are blatant. Ending is unrewarding. In game economy is worthless with very few things to buy making most quest rewards worthless.
    As a 3rd person shooter ME3 isn't anything to write home about. Combat is incredibly repetitive. Very few squad members to choose from. Very few powers to choose from.
  20. Apr 5, 2012
    This is not the worst game ever, but it is certainly the most disappointing.

This is not the worst game ever, but it is certainly the most disappointing.

It is not just the ending, which is admittedly dismal both emotionally and narratively, but the game in general feels rushed. It provides excellent emotional scenes, demonstrating that Bioware has learned much of linear narration and emotional direction, with some fantastic set-pieces, and has the most enjoyable action of all the trilogy, along with probably the best soundtrack. But that's where the good parts end.

Bioware have betrayed their roots, and the series, stripping down player choice to a bare minimum of instances which have little effect on the game's wider world. Dialogue is much reduced, in many cases providing nothing but prerecorded 'click to continue' conversations, which I think we can all agree is a step back of about twenty years in gaming as a whole. The rest provide you with a Shepard of binary character and single beliefs, completely contrary to the previous two games, where the lead character's personality and outlook is decided by the user. There are many short cuts that Bioware have made - perhaps the most glaring is that a multi-million dollar games studio apparently lacks artists to at least create a *decent* picture of a masked character, 'Tali', and surely should have been able to create a full face model, given that the existing model already has a vague face. Perhaps if it had been a minor character, this would have been acceptable. But Tali is a fan favourite, and a central character in all three games. Bioware finally chooses to 'reveal' her face by colouring in a free stock photo from the internet and photoshopping out a couple of the model's fingers. It really is as bad as it sounds.
    A major villain from ME2, who hunted Shepard and seeks his death constantly and tauntingly throughout that game, plays next to no part in Mass Effect 3, despite being a major character in the background, and again, a fan favourite for his arrogant sinister monologues. The final, seemingly critical choice from the end of Mass Effect 2 also plays very little part. Nor does the final critical choice of Mass Effect 1. In short, Bioware ignores player choice and establishes its own canon instead, not only removing player choice in Mass Effect 3, counter to the spirit of the series so far, but making the player choices in Mass Effect 1 and 2 irrelevant. In this respect, it commits the worst atrocity a finale can make - making the previous instalments irrelevant, taking any meaning away from the preceding journey. And it does this seemingly out of laziness.

As for the endings... The motives of the Reapers make you feel like both previous games were actually a waste of time. Attempting to avoid spoilers, there is now no real reason to the actions of the main Reaper antagonists of Mass Effect 1 or 2. The game's final twist (if you could call deus ex machina devices 'twists') could have performed the ME1 antagonist's job for it, and the motives for the Reaperss are revealed as something that makes the antagonists actions in ME2 irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. The game's purported 'multiple endings' are essentially colour-coded explosions, with some different consequences, but also some identical ones. The game's much purported Readiness level changes how many of these choices you get. Hint: None of them are actually good. The game's developer have called it art. I disagree, and cannot get into that now without copious spoilers, but sufficed to say most of the 'art' is in the music, which remains as perfect as it does throughout the game, and provides false tension and emotion, all of which were pretty out of sync with what I was feeling by that point. Everything else is tired, deliberately depressing sci-fi trope, which removes even more player choice than before (The lack of dialogue here is astonishing, given the stakes). Ultimately, what you do in the rest of the game, or the rest of the trilogy, doesn't matter - it is extremely hard not to get all three choices, especially if you play multiplayer.

It is astonishing what a drop in quality this is in terms of basic games design and writing, even as the game is the shiniest Bioware game yet. I would not recommend it, and I would no longer recommend any of this doomed trilogy, which is a shame. The promise in ME1&2 was immense, it's just a shame that Bioware fell so hard at the final hurdle...
  21. Apr 11, 2012
    Any gamer would give this game a zero because:

-Interview lies about multiple endings. -Advertising lies about the game choices mattering in the end. -Day 1 DLC. Some of the DLC content is on the game disc!!! They planned to milk more money from the player on release. This is a highly shameful and disgust practice that no gamer should encourage. -One ending. Three different colors. Anyone
    Any gamer would give this game a zero because:

-Interview lies about multiple endings.
    -Advertising lies about the game choices mattering in the end.
    -One ending. Three different colors. Anyone giving more than a zero to this game is encouraging game developers to:
    -lie about the contents of their product
    -to not finish their product without asking for more money after you bought it (day1 DLC)
  22. Mar 12, 2012
    yknow i was excited for this game...i really was. In my opinon EA is one of the only gaming companies that actually makes games equal on both consoles. Dead Space 2, Bioshock 2 both looked and played great on both consoles. Well I think EA finally went the way of Bethesda(Skyrim) and Rockstar(Red Dead Redemption). In other words, not giving a $h!t about the ps3. Its freaking awful. Now iyknow i was excited for this game...i really was. In my opinon EA is one of the only gaming companies that actually makes games equal on both consoles. Dead Space 2, Bioshock 2 both looked and played great on both consoles. Well I think EA finally went the way of Bethesda(Skyrim) and Rockstar(Red Dead Redemption). In other words, not giving a $h!t about the ps3. Its freaking awful. Now i would be more mad if this game didn't suck in comparison to the last one. I just dont see why ps3 gets so neglected all the time. Game gets a 1 because i dont like how politically correct it is, plotholes and just a bad storyline. it gives a whole new meaning to all in your face about being gay, and man did they go all out. Expand
  23. Mar 13, 2012
    Make sure you have autosave on when playing the Playstation 3 version, as it freezes constantly due to the horrible fps. The dialogue is rather autistic, considering there is nothing humorous or witty throughout the game. The side-quests feel like a chore and Commander Shepherd doesn't act like a bad ass anymore. I felt like I was playing a lighter version of the original Gears of War.
  24. Apr 4, 2012
    Okay, first off I have to say that this game, despite its flaws is no where near being a zero, so enough of your and all of the pouty fanboy **** in the world couldn't convince me otherwise. This game is such an improvement in so many ways; my only real complaint would be the ending . Despite your earlier decisions Shepard's story seems to end at the conclusion of this game. And theOkay, first off I have to say that this game, despite its flaws is no where near being a zero, so enough of your and all of the pouty fanboy **** in the world couldn't convince me otherwise. This game is such an improvement in so many ways; my only real complaint would be the ending . Despite your earlier decisions Shepard's story seems to end at the conclusion of this game. And the ending itself veers off much much too far into the realm of fantasy for my taste (or most people's tastes given the low scores). The ending of ME3 probably rates as one of the biggest letdowns in video game history in fact, because the three games were all so fun with such rich backstories and great characters. I am saddened to see Mass Effect go out this way, but cmon you all know it deserves better than a one or a zero. 8/10 Expand
  25. Apr 5, 2012
    Five years of an amazing story in a highly detailed universe with great characters and dynamic choices... all crapped upon in the last 20 minutes of this game. ALL HAIL MARAUDER SHIELDS! He tried to save us from the ending. Down with the rEApers!
  26. Mar 7, 2013
    I'm not here to rip on ME3 just for the sake of doing so or because its what's cool to do on the internet like so many others.

Basically ME3 is the worst of the series in every way possible compared to the other 2 games because it doesn't build or improve anything. It simply just tries to hurriedly finish the series for the sake of a cash in on the title. 1- There is no sense of

1- There is no sense of exploration. The game as efficiently as possible holds your hand every step the way and has you actually being on the ground doing things the least amount possible. Side missions are carried out by quickly scanning a planet ala ME2 and then firing a probe. That's it. You don't explore, you don't get to check out uncharted worlds simply for the sake of curiosity or anything. Scan, shoot probe, side mission done all without even leaving the galaxy map. This tactic accounts for the majority of side missions. ME1 you could explore the galaxy drive around in that horribly handling buggy and had a sense of discovering things, ME2 you could land on planets and explore doing side missions with some not even firing a single shot like the crashed cruiser balanced on the mountain peak but all of those things are gone in 3. The game just holds your hand and ushers you from mission to mission.

2- You don't get to actually chose anything, everything is pre determined for you. Even if you chose the renegade or paragon path you get the exact same result and no one treats you differently and you get no alternative paths depending on your karma scale which makes it all incredibly pointless and just window dressing for the fact the story is entirely linear and so is your character.

3- The characters are all the same ones, only less compelling. There are a couple new characters but they are highly disposable and not even worth messing with. James for instance is basically just a guy who talks 90% of the time like a generic white guy, 10% of the time he throws out some Mexican phrases like saying "loco" a lot in his generic white guy trying to impersonate a Mexican guy and he looks like he was taken from the show jersey shore. When a old character returns you can see it coming a mile away. For instance you go into a area where the mission briefing talks about geth then you can see 45 minutes before which old character is going to come back. All the characters themselves seem hollow and rushed, they lack the personality that made them endearing in the other games and most are there only long enough to be overly obvious in a very specific mission or they simply show up for 3 minutes of camera time practically winking at the player with a nod and then are gone.

4- The story compared to the others sucks. The other games had side stories, character stories, side missions with their own short stories and so on. ME3 on the other is basically this "Everything is going to be destroyed". That's pretty much it because no matter where you go or what you do its always about the war specifically and nothing else. I also got sick of hearing phrases like "were here to save lives", "were doing this to save lives", "this weapon will save lives", "we need to stick together to save lives", "billions of lives are on the line and were here to save them", etc and after about 8 hours I was sick of hearing about the war and saving lives.

5- The game play was basically just one big shooting gallery and hiding behind chest high walls. Every single fight is basically you hiding behind chest high walls to peak out and fire a few rounds only to hide back behind said wall. It was incredibly boring and has been done to death in dozens of other games. The combat was mindless and mediocre. It felt like they put absolutely no effort into the combat at all and rushed you through it in order to get to the next scene of hearing Sheppard say "saving lives".

6- The ending was atrocious. This is a series that prides itself on story, characters and dialogue. We all spent over 100 bucks playing all 3 games and spent over 100 hours playing all 3 games but bioware seemed to say "This is the end of the trilogy so who cares about the ending". The ending is the most important part of any story of any kind because its the very last thing you leave the person with and its supposed to be a reward, the climax to everything leading up till then, basically the ending is the most important part of any story. But the ending of ME3 was over in just a minute or so despite the dozens of hours of dialogue, cut scenes and story in the rest of the series they got lazy at the end. It gives no satisfaction at all. I can honestly say it is the laziest segment of the series. I did like though they had the balls to do what they did with Sheppard, but the ending still sucks and doesn't make you glad to have finished the series.
  27. Apr 15, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The first user review I read was a 10 out of 10 and began, "Do not listen to the people rating this game badly. Mass Effect 3 is utterly amazing..."

First of all, I agree that ME3 is utterly amazing. And that's what makes its end all the more disappointing. Consider yourself lucky if the endings of ME3 didn't disappoint you--you've been spared a sense of loss and disappointment that dwarfs any feelings of annoyance you must "suffer" when reading fans' complaints.

I loved the first game, actually think ME2 was better (though I initially hated what they did in the opening sequence), but found myself thinking I enjoyed playing ME3 more than either of the first two. It really is a fantastic game that I should be able to love and agree deserves a 9 out of 10 score (endings aside, it still had some flaws).

BUT...

This game was the end of a trilogy. As such, the ending had to not just provide some level of satisfaction for the particular story that began with Shepard escaping Earth, but also the one that began with Shepard being sent to Eden Prime way back when. In other words, there was a lot riding on the ending of this game.

There are several very good articles out there articulating why fans are disappointed with the way ME3 ended and I'm not going to rehash them here. Suffice it to say, the options provided to the player at the end of the game as well as the outcomes and consequences of those options left many long-time fans feeling like their investment Mass Effect ultimately wasn't respected by the developers in the end. More than not just getting a "happy ending", we're left with what can only be described as a bleak, depressing one, in which no matter what option you choose, no one lives happily ever after. Sure, you saved earth from the Reapers as expected, but at what cost? The universe we're left with is a dismal one (two words: Mass Relays).

If you read through all the Harry Potter books and got to final few pages of the series and read that Harry destroys Voldemort, but it costs him his life, and all his friends would be forever trapped in the world of Muggles, cut off from ever using magic again, would you feel entitled to be a little disappointed?

No? Great for you. But don't go telling everyone not to listen to those who would.

Mass Effect 3 was a 9 out of 10 game until the final few minutes. The turn it takes in those few closing seconds, ruined not only the game, but an entire trilogy because when the credits roll and you ask yourself, "Was the cost of saving the universe from the Reapers worth it?" the haunting answer for many of us was, "I don't know. I really don't know."
  28. Apr 19, 2012
    It had been said in detail plenty already, but I have to add my own vote to the score. A brilliant game withsome annoying flaws for the most part. Then an ending so bad it not only ruins the game but the entire franchise.
  29. Mar 31, 2012
    Loved all the mass effect games, why would they destroy such a wonderfull series with such a blatantly illogical LAST 5 MIN... I justify my score with the following articles and videos:

1- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M0Cf864P7E
    2-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MlatxLP-xs

Fix this ending plz.
  30. Jun 3, 2012
    game good has feel like previous game but the only thing wrong bout is ending was rubbish it was total let down

it give us middle finger on ending to everyone around us when we saw this ending it was like creator of the game said ha middle finger lucky i only played xbox 360 version which only sucked more
  31. Jun 19, 2012
    Mass effect is a game that tries to appease old fans and be a natural starting point for new fans sadly it fails at both new fans will feel overwhelmed by the situations while old fans will feel betrayed by the lack of differences in choices, i will elaborate on both but i would like this time to say the there will be spoilers

spoiler alert new fans wont understand the gravity of the

spoiler alert

new fans wont understand the gravity of the geth quarian conflict and wont feel the much passion when the shepard (the protagonist) talks about the sacrifice of a squad-mate that occurred in the first game, its also a bit overwhelming to be dumped in to this world with a lack of understanding of the different races

older fans will play a much more dumbed down version of the game, as the organization that you may have helped in previous game will be your enemy no matter what you did before, the game is also much more linear then previous games, and your a pigeon-holed in the the ending no matter what happens

if your new to the series, you will still be taken on an emotional roller coaster that you may enjoy and this game should be rated a 6/10

however if your a new fan the ending (at least for me) actually makes the two previous games worse meaning that this game should be given a negative score, as i am a fan of the previous games i will give it the lowest possible score of "0", as im not allowed to give the game a negative 20 for ruining the other two 10/10 games in the series
  32. Jul 19, 2013
    If it would have been just another random separate game, I would've gave him 8, but being "Mass Effect", it don't deserve any score. After Brilliant Legend Mass Effect 1, which I played 6 or 7 times, and good Mass Effect 2, 3rd part destroyed the whole series. When it comes down to finish the trilogy, everything is Garbage. it's hard to believe that developers backed down, dropped theirIf it would have been just another random separate game, I would've gave him 8, but being "Mass Effect", it don't deserve any score. After Brilliant Legend Mass Effect 1, which I played 6 or 7 times, and good Mass Effect 2, 3rd part destroyed the whole series. When it comes down to finish the trilogy, everything is Garbage. it's hard to believe that developers backed down, dropped their quality bars so much, for just making money as possible. If they would've worked on it 1 year more, maybe everything would've been ok, but no, BioWare stood against every principle that they had, and ruined the BEST SERIES IN THE HISTORY, to whom it was given to be. Expand
  33. May 20, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Some people would say they wouldn't allow the final 15 minutes to ruin an entire series, I guess they have their point. If you ask me, you just can't snap out of being crazy. Same case for me here. I just can't "snap out of" letting 15 minutes ruin the entire series.

The game is severely overrated in the first place. The game is extremely linear. For an RPG that prides on options, the options feel largely irrelevant. Throughout the game, you're trying to gain war assets, which would determine the no. of options you'll get when time comes for you to choose an ending. High no. of war assets would mean more options. War assets are gained through making right decisions, performing repetitive fetch quests, and playing the dull, uninspired co-op multiplayer. In contrary to what BioWare tells you, multiplayer is mandatory to obtain all of the endings. A few parts of the story are amazing, while some are flat out lazy writing. Most of the parts are just mediocre. Some romances are nicely written (eg Garrus, or Tali) while some are just horrible (eg Jack, and especially Jacob).

When it comes to gameplay, which is largely a secondary feature of any BioWare game, it's actually a massive improvement. However, it's still not good enough for you to purchase it merely for gameplay value. A large part of the gameplay overhaul comes from the Weapons vs Skills scale. Powerful weapons are heavier and increases your recharge time, and vice versa. So if you just go out there with the default rifle and pistol, and upgrade your skills accordingly, you can just spam on the skills repeatedly. One good example would be the charge -> Nova combo for those who play as vanguards. This combo is virtually unstoppable. With that said, the gameplay is still not good enough to warrant a buy merely for gameplay value. For more satisfying shooting fun, just go get Max Payne 3, or even 2 if you're broke.

There's also a day one DLC character which BioWare claims is not mandatory. Don't kid yourself. It adds so much more to the storyline. Another attempt by EA to milk you by taking content out of the game and charging you. It's kind of like buying a new car which comes with a manual gearbox that can only shift to first gear, with an option for a proper, normal gearbox. Technically speaking, the car can still run on first gear, but it's certainly not what you would normally pay for, at least not 10 years ago.

On to the controversial ending. Everything boils down to three colors. Pick your poison. They have no differences whatsoever. BioWare has recently announced that they will make an extended cut to the ending. I will update with a more formal review then. For now, don't even remotely consider shelling out 40 bucks for such a game. Just don't.
  34. Sep 7, 2012
    The animations are pitiful, the choices lead you to the same end, and it desperately lacks originality. Do not buy, do not rent, and do not give this game any of your time, unless for mockery's sake.
  35. Jan 21, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Mass Effect 3 possess decent cover based shooting mechanics and varied weapons and abilities. This is where the game's positives mainly end. Streamlined galactic exploration (though much less tedious than ME2), ham fisted writing, gaping plot holes, retconned story elements, and hilariously bad character design make what would otherwise be the capstone to a respected franchise a case study in how to ruin a game and piss off your fans.

One of the most appealing aspects of Mass Effect has been the characters. While some key characters like Ashley Williams return, her Victoria Secret makeover and physical redesign simply feel off. Worse still is James Vega, the Jersey Shore meat mule who is simply "loco" and IGN's Jessica Chobot's military journalist character who looks more like a thinner Snooky. Even worse is the unnecessarily sexy EDI and her camel toe. Borderline insulting is Kai Leng, the Asian samurai/ninja assassin who wears a slant eyed (no joke) Zorro type mask and wields a katana. The last two examples are particularly shocking especially coming from a studio which gloats over its inclusiveness and respect toward women and minorities (not that I care about representation in games, I point this out because Bioware is hypocritical). Every character is a two dimensional husk.

Mass Effect 3's writing is easily the worst in the series. This is due mainly to many of the people involved in the writing of Mass Effect 1 and 2 having nothing to do with the third installment and manifests itself in fanfiction quality scenes and horribly delivered lines. The same awkward and jerky character animations that have been in every Mass Effect game only highlight the lack of soul this game has. It also manifests itself in the form of cavernous plot holes. One portion of the game has you resolving the conflict between the quarians (organics) and geth (synthetics). One possible result of your actions is lasting peace and cooperation between both parties. Yet, at the end of the game, it is revealed the Reapers (synthetics) purge the galaxy in great cycles of war to prevent organics and synthetics from warring with each other which we are told is inevitable and unavoidable DESPITE THE FACT that your character has achieved peace between one group of organics and synthetics and thus ended a devastating war between the two peoples. And this brings us to the ending. The last 10 minutes of the game involve a deus ex machina explaining why the Reapers purge the galaxy of advanced life leaving young races alone - to prevent these advanced races from creating synthetics they will inevitably go to war with. So in order to preserve life the Reapers were created to destroy life. **** retarded. Initially, there was immense backlash over the sloppy ending cutscenes which only differed in colored effects despite the outcomes being different. Bioware released an extended ending which, while not changing the potential outcomes of the game, adds more detail to the consequences of the player's chosen actions and fills the role of an epilogue. I have to admit I found it satisfying and much more preferable to the original ending cutscenes. Regrettably, none of this changes the fact that the game's climax is absolute crap. Multiplayer in Mass Effect 3 takes an interesting concept but falters a bit in execution. You can engage in co-op missions with other players which consist of surviving waves of enemies while occasionally completing varied objectives. Survive a mission and you increase the "galactic readiness" of the galaxy. This value affects your military assets, a component of the single player game. Every asset you acquire has a numeric rating. Multiply that number by the percentage of your galactic readiness and you have your effective military strength which affects the outcome of the game. So if you acquire an asset valued at 1000, but your readiness is 50%, your effective military strength is 500. The player acquires these assets by completing the main and side quests of the game. It's a neat concept to integrate two gameplay elements but galactic readiness declines over time. This means you have to take time away from the single player game just to play multiplayer in order to get the most out of the military assets you find. However, the best possible endings only require a military strength rating of 4,000 or higher, so it is possible to never play multiplayer and still get the best ending, though this means you will have to spend more time completing side missions and painstakingly exploring the galaxy for every asset that might help. Overall, the shooting of ME3 is nearly identical to ME2. If you enjoyed that and don't care about the story you will enjoy this game as there is more replayability with the multiplayer. If you were previously invested in the Mass Effect saga, be warned, and prepare for disappointment.
  36. Jun 27, 2012
    This game is a joke! Nothing but hype. Combat still sucks. Straight forward corridors with lame guns. Stupid ending that is nothing but a cliffhanger.
  37. Mar 15, 2013
    Despite having the production heft of a blockbuster action flick, this game feels like a lobotomized, squeaky-clean re-tread. The overall artistic direction is weak and uninspired. This is the worst kind of science fiction. Ripping of huge slabs of Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars and Star Trek, then cobbling them together feels almost shameful. Worst still, the combat controls feelDespite having the production heft of a blockbuster action flick, this game feels like a lobotomized, squeaky-clean re-tread. The overall artistic direction is weak and uninspired. This is the worst kind of science fiction. Ripping of huge slabs of Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars and Star Trek, then cobbling them together feels almost shameful. Worst still, the combat controls feel clunky and dated. Why do I have to double-tap jump just to surmount a knee high barrier? Oh, you wanted to run and change direction at the same time? Not in this game you won't. Shocking steps backward for the already awful interplanetary resource collection and the inclusion of a new war room mechanic feel like absurd missteps. Worst of all, this game is just plain, dull, monotony, lacking any of the spark of the previous installment. Expand
  38. Jun 7, 2012
    I am not going to talk about the ending, because that doesn't matter. I'll just say one thing: First impressions are everything. I rented the game, and played at least 10 hours of it. It was boring. I didn't think it was worth it. The cover-based shooting mechanics were bland, and compared to Uncharted 3, ME3 was a load of old wank. But, it's not a shooter, it's an RPG, so how is thatI am not going to talk about the ending, because that doesn't matter. I'll just say one thing: First impressions are everything. I rented the game, and played at least 10 hours of it. It was boring. I didn't think it was worth it. The cover-based shooting mechanics were bland, and compared to Uncharted 3, ME3 was a load of old wank. But, it's not a shooter, it's an RPG, so how is that doing? Well, too many cutscenes. I. Hate. Cutscenes. You should be able to tell a story without interrupting gameplay, that's how the whole 'game' thing works, you have to weave exposition into the narrative, not hand the audience a **** glossary as they walk in. The conversation thing works pretty well, it has some good writing, and the character customization is hilarious, but you can get all this in the demo. I highly recommend getting the demo instead of the game itself. I'm not one of those twitching, instant-gratification gamers who are never satisfied if they haven't killed anything in 5 seconds, I love 'games are art' games, but ME3 just feels unpolished as RPG, I would also recommend Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning over this (though I do hate EA) or even Fallout 3 over this. The best WRPG I've played is either Fallout 3 or Skyrim, so take your pick instead of this one. I'm a new-comer to the series, this was the first time I've played a Mass Effect game, so whether this is inviting to new-comers is up for debate. EA released an unfinished game, and released the rest of the game, the full version of it, as day-one DLC. Think about that. EA went to far with it, they tried to rape our wallets as much as they could, and since I hate the EA marketing department (how they marketed Dante's Inferno and Dead Space 2 was despicable) and the douche company in general, this deserves all the hate it gets. Expand
  39. May 29, 2012
    I bought the game right after it came out. It was fun at first but became repetitive and boring with bad textures and shadowing. The combat was improved but still not great. All animations were terrible. This game was obviously rushed and not well made I payed 60$ for it, do not waste your money. Buy an older one (ME1 ME2) they are both better.
  40. Jun 2, 2012
    I've been a gamer since they first came out, and I have seldom seen such butchery done to a great series such as Mass Effect. It's almost as if the Folk at BioWare and EA wanted to commit financial suicide here. The loyal Customers are pissed, disappointed in the extreme, and... something I've rarely seen done...actually campaigning to have the game FIXED! If $ was the objective of allI've been a gamer since they first came out, and I have seldom seen such butchery done to a great series such as Mass Effect. It's almost as if the Folk at BioWare and EA wanted to commit financial suicide here. The loyal Customers are pissed, disappointed in the extreme, and... something I've rarely seen done...actually campaigning to have the game FIXED! If $ was the objective of all these gimmicks involving DLCs, and the like; then I'd say it has back-fired on them. All too many people like me, simply will not buy the game until they see it wallowing in the "has-been" bin at WalMart for $5 dollars. Way to go on ruining a great series, burning your Customers, and destroying your own reputation. Expand
  41. Dec 4, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Where to begin. the overall execution of the game was good. The mechanics from 2 stayed relatively unchanged. The graphics were overall good, the scanning much less painful and they chose a good starting point for the story. Now I will get into my various complaints (controversies will be saved until the end). The graphics were sketchy at times (people talking to you when their heads are turned in the opposite direction). The game forces you to play as a Paragon instead of allowing you to play renegade. The side quests do not impact the final mission and are basically scan this or approve that. The dialogue options are oversimplified (no middle option). Fewer team members to choose from for missions. All new characters are kind of lame. Only two true boss battles (excluding DLC). Now, the controversies. First, I don't care they had a gay option. But don't make paragon choices (comforting Cortez or buying Kaiden a drink) intertwined. Finally, that ending. This spit in the face of everyone who played the game from Mass Effect 1 to now. The goal was always to destroy the Reapers before they wiped out all sentient life. But if you chose to destroy the reapers, you kill your Geth allies? No, this is **** them simply means they will be around forever and synthesis is the forced lets make everyone the good guy ending. Another gripe. While not all endings have to be happy to be good, why couldn't Shepard have survived the final assault. Why, after all the (possibly) good decisions could Shepard have not had a single chance to escape and live out the rest of his life with whomever he/she romanced? The extended endings simply showed an epilogue with little genuine concern for the fans. The war assets collected has no impact whatsoever on the final outcome. EA and the critics treat the series its fans like brats using dismissive phrases like they should grow up. But the reality is the endings were genuinely awful. Remember the end to the Grey or Godfather 3 (the entire movie). Up to these points, both were good if not great experiences. But like the aforementioned movies, Bioware and EA dropped the ball. EA has a tendency to buy certain properties and run them into the ground (Timesplitters, Mercenaries, Command and Conquer, etc). Now they have done the same thing to the Mass Effect series. From this point on, I will not buy another Mass Effect game only to experience the same disappointment again when the next series ends. Expand
  42. May 25, 2015
    Between the time of 2007 and 2014 I, due to life and career happenings,
    and neither time nor interest in the subject, I did not play any games.
    Before that, too much. But I thought I should try and see how it feels again, with the state of things as they are now and with a little time on my hands. So I, not only but mostly, played Mass Effect 2 and 3 three, consequtively.
    Between the time of 2007 and 2014 I, due to life and career happenings,
    and neither time nor interest in the subject, I did not play any games.
    Before that, too much.

So I, not only but mostly, played Mass Effect 2 and 3 three, consequtively.

Bascialy, what I have to say is...

I am shocked with the arrogance of game makers that I feel is there when I look at the way the third game comes to a close. Even with the extended cut DLC.

What a TRAUMATIC experience...

So you walk around the galaxy, interact with so many people, espcially on the citadel and then...
    uuuups, by the way,
    everyone is dead.
    And here they are, littered around on the ground in big heaps...
    Now get over it.

I am quite proud of my, still largely, intact emotional anntenas.

If I wanted this kind of thing I could have watched several Holocaust Documentaries.
    But that would hardly go through as "Entertainment".

The world is a dark place and there are a lot of horrible conflicts in it.

To me, this kind of game should not be made.

There might be some completely dettached individuals or groups of individuals who deem otherwise, but those shurley have neither really lived nor known anyone who has. With all of its variables.

I really can t cope with that kind of punishment that seems to be such a viable method for dealing with the gamer in the gaming experience now a days...or your peoples perception of entertainment.

But looking at the scores I can see that I am not completely alone.

A bug prevented me from making a the choice in the very last part of the game and in a forum a guy wrote:
    "Dont worry, the game is trying to prevent you from seeing the ending thereby saving valulble IQ points..."

I feel, I shouldnt even have come that far.

It is really all rather embarrasing.

When people invest so much effort in making you emotionaly attached to rip out our heart in the last second I presume only the masochistcly inclined would truly be satisfied.

I was...
    disgusted.

Shame on you.
  43. Sep 21, 2015
    This is so bad. It doesn't have good graphics. When you walk you HAVE to be aiming AL THE FRICKIN' TIME. It may have gotten good reviews but I don't personally like it at all. I saw a child die in the first mission.I was depressed after seeing that. I used 1 box of tissues because i was crying.BAD GAME
  44. Jun 13, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Mediocre lesbian romance options, thankfully Liara and Tali are back, and boy is it cute that Tali makes a ton of effort regarding the romance to make sure her immunity is high enough to not get sick/enjoy it etc.

Diana sports a closeted lesbian/bi "keep it a secrect" type romance. LAME.
    Kelly refuses to be with you / can be killed as well.
    The return of more forced romance everyone trophies.

Blah blah blah I could keep going BUT none of this matters anyway because you are given the choice to be a martyr, or destroy the universe and be a slave to the reapers.

Bad.

1. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Apr 10, 2012
    Mass Effect 3 is an amazing experience in and of itself. It's also the perfect capstone to a true AAA franchise, offering a poignant conclusion that'll stick long after the credits have rolled. You're standing on the precipice of one of the best games Earth money can buy. [April 2012, p.60]
  2. Playstation: The Official Magazine (US)
    Apr 3, 2012
    If ever a game was more about the journey than the destination, it's Mass Effect 3. And what a journey it is. [May 2012, p.71]
  3. Official PlayStation Magazine Benelux
    Apr 2, 2012
    The RGP elements have been toned down considerably in favour of more action. For some this will sound like a bad thing, but trust us when we say that Bioware has thought this through. With the Reapers invading, it would be kind off silly to go on a shopping spree on the citadel. [April 2012, p.60]