7.1

1. Mar 29, 2011
    I imagine this could be a fun game. Unfortunately it freezes up your entire system at the main menu as soon as the game attempts to connect to the online servers. This makes mercs 2 the unquestioned definition of a broken game. Glad I picked it up from the bargin bin. Its now an expensive coaster!
  2. KasparU.
    Sep 7, 2008
    My thanks go out to Simon The Artist for opening my eyes with a detailed review (in contrast with the many fanboyish comments handing out 9s and 10s without any analysis). I was about to order this game, because I loved the first Mercenaries, and from what I had seen on Gametrailers, I didn't believe this could fail. Boy am I glad I didn't! After playing around with this sorry My thanks go out to Simon The Artist for opening my eyes with a detailed review (in contrast with the many fanboyish comments handing out 9s and 10s without any analysis). I was about to order this game, because I loved the first Mercenaries, and from what I had seen on Gametrailers, I didn't believe this could fail. Boy am I glad I didn't! After playing around with this sorry excuse for a videgame for about 15 minutes at my local MediaMarket, I had already had enough. I am not going to put up with abysmal AI, tons of graphics issues and collision glitches and generally poor design. I may give this game a rent, someday, IF they patch it and fix at least the most egregious screw ups. You have been warned people, try before you buy! Expand
  3. NightKeeper
    Oct 19, 2009
    Oh yes, this game sucks. Mercs 1 was good. It was original, interesting and held my attention. However, Mercs 2 really does nothing to advance the story or the franchise. This game should have been named Mercenaries 2: Franchise in Flames. The only good thing that came out of this was a catchy ad jingle. First, the vehicle physics suck. If I hit a stop sign in an AN Humvee, I flip the Oh yes, this game sucks. Mercs 1 was good. It was original, interesting and held my attention. However, Mercs 2 really does nothing to advance the story or the franchise. This game should have been named Mercenaries 2: Franchise in Flames. The only good thing that came out of this was a catchy ad jingle. First, the vehicle physics suck. If I hit a stop sign in an AN Humvee, I flip the vehicle and the stop sign stays intact. So there goes the whole "everything is destructible in Mercs 2" thing that they were totting so highly. The AI is worse than it was in the first one. They basically just stand there and wait for you to kill them. However, this is nice, because it takes that long to be able to aim at them with the crappy and deceptive reticule. Deceptive? Oh yes, if I'm aiming in the direction of an enemy in a tree line, the reticule turns red. To me this says "you're aiming at your enemy, open fire." However, I find that he was no where near the place I was aiming and I just wasted ammo on a tree. To restate, you cannot blow up "everything" like they said you could. In fact there are quite a few things that you cannot blow up, or even harm. Pedestrians are one of those things. You are taxed for "collateral damage" but don't even get the satisfaction of killing them. Yet, the way that everyone seems to just get up and brush off being smoked in the forehead with an M-16, in this game, it is only natural that the civilians are indestructible. Helicopters are clunky and slow in this one as well. In Mercs 1, the slow helis were the AN large troop ships, but the smaller ones could zip here and there and were a prized vehicle. In Mercs 2, they are all slow, clunky, hard to aim and seriously fragile...that is unless an enemy has one, then it's impossible to harm them. The weapons don't have the power that they did in the first game, the RPGs AA Launchers and Anti-Tank Launchers are damn near impossible to aim. The inclusion of the need for pilots and contracts that are basically "go fetch" missions are boring and repetitive. What is the use of making money? So, I can buy limited crap items from contacts? I'd rather the old system of buying my stuff out-right instead of having to go do some snore fest in order to get my hands on a weapon that isn't completely full of suck. Lets not even get started on the fact that the guns simply don't harm the enemy. I found this out after tagging an enemy at close range in his head and watching him re-aim and continue to fire, I positive that all the weapons are full of suck. This game SUCKS. It was poorly thought out and way over-hyped. Expand
  4. Sep 27, 2010
    Mercs 2 sucks. The AI is terrible, the map seems extremely familiar, everything I have seen on the game is sooo generic. The jokes suck, the missions seems repetitive, the side missions are stupid, and there's not a very good plot line.
  5. Dec 18, 2013
    What a disappointment, The first game was one of the most entertaining games I've ever played. This one is way to easy, has respawning enemies, adds unnecessary stuff (like collecting fuel), the graphics were actually better on PS2, all the same bugs from the first one remain and more are added! Avoid this one!
  6. Oct 22, 2011
    One of the worst game I have ever played on PS3. Awkward enviromental design. Terrible AI. Lack of joy, entertainment, anxiety. Irritating controls. Simple IQ Story telling....

Check the price of this junk. 5,50 usd ! :)))
    Stay away from that game for your own good. Waste of time and HD space on your hardware.

1. The game is worth a rental and a purchase if you want to keep your destruction going. So if you’re looking for a fun game, check out Mercs 2.
    For every time I cursed the stupid AI, I cheered at the demolition of another building. For every bug that got me stuck in some bushes, there was an attack chopper waiting to be jacked. If Mercenaries 2 had more polish, it would have been a great game. As is, it’s still worth playing – and enjoyable – but falls far short of its promise.
    It won't light the world on fire, but this next-gen playground of destruction offers you tons to do (well, tons to explode), it's always enjoyable, and I dove right back in after the credits rolled.