7.1

1. Jan 30, 2012
    Maybe they closed the studio, but this game really deserved more. Maybe it wasn't the best game ever made, but if they could just make a better shooting system, then the gameplay would be on the top quality. That's what ruined this game in my opinion, because it affected every single second of the gameplay. But it was actually good. So many hours of gameplay, so MANY unclockable cars and other vehicles, SO MANY NUKE BOMBS and so much entertaining. Don't say you didn't like it if you played it for 20 - 30 hours. It is addicting and bunch of fun. There are always something to do and the map is SO BIG. You have to try this game out before you die one day. Expand
  2. Aug 29, 2013
    It's one-dimensional, but it doesn't pretend to be anything else. Is it for hardcore gamers? It must not be, because I enjoyed it and I'm a "play it through once and sell it" kind of guy. I don't dispute the criticisms some folks are leveling, but I didn't notice them myself.

It's a brainless run-and-gun. You get a mission, you go shoot guys and blow stuff up. That's exactly what I
    expected. It's kind of the antithesis of GTA IV, which IMHO suffered from being TOO lifelike. This is just "pop it in the machine and wreak havoc" kind of game, and sometimes that's a good thing.

I also noticed that even 5 years after release, it's still easy to find a partner online... at least it is at 6 a.m. when I've been playing it :-)

So, while your jaw won't drop at how innovative it is, it's still good, brainless fun.

1. The game is worth a rental and a purchase if you want to keep your destruction going. So if you’re looking for a fun game, check out Mercs 2.
    For every time I cursed the stupid AI, I cheered at the demolition of another building. For every bug that got me stuck in some bushes, there was an attack chopper waiting to be jacked. If Mercenaries 2 had more polish, it would have been a great game. As is, it’s still worth playing – and enjoyable – but falls far short of its promise.
    It won't light the world on fire, but this next-gen playground of destruction offers you tons to do (well, tons to explode), it's always enjoyable, and I dove right back in after the credits rolled.