8.7

1. Mar 31, 2014
    Metal gear solid 4, is the culmination the one of the most important franchise of games. The ambientation of the game is really good, in sometimes we believe that we are in war. The gameplay is typical of the franchise, and we choose if we want stealth or accion. The game have many weapons and customization options.

The history is very good, and conects all the loose ends of the saga
    offering epics moments, special mention the end, that is amazing.

As I said before, the history is very good, but is difficult follows, especially if you aren't fan of the saga.

another point that I didn´t like is that scenes video are very very longs, and we can desperate, we spend more time waching scenes video than playing.
  2. Mar 18, 2014
    awesome game all the feels on thata, th best way to close the saga is that. i love how kojima write the history, and old snake oh god is so sad is a mature game and a nostalgic game i love it remeber me metal gear 1
  3. Feb 8, 2014
    I finish this game, so I believe I can write a review. This game is OK. I don't think it deserves above 8 on the User Score because the graphics is at 1080 but it looks like 720. I think the cut scenes are way way too long and If I want to watch a movie, I will watch a Blu-ray movie; not MGS4 movie. I game play is very good if you like single players.
  4. Feb 9, 2014
    I don’t care what some critics say; this is a worthy sequel to a worthy series. It is just as indispensible as the other Metal Gear games and the final scenes leading up to, and including, the final boss battle are some of the most well-designed, emotional and memorable scenes in a videogame.
  5. Mar 30, 2014
    Honestly i don't mind cutscenes as long as they are ALL about being EPIC(kojima style) and are very important. The problem however is this game has so many cutscenes where there is pointless chatter about technical details of no utmost importance... considering they are 90% of all cutscenes and that the game is itself 90% cutscenes = tedious game.

I was disapointed as MGS1 was truly
    epic and there were maybe 3-4 cutscenes with this kind of pointless ramblings about sciencific facts. In contrast, this game, the whole experience is like this!!
    I find myself being unmotivated to start after taking 1 day breaks.

Also, the game has turned from being stuck in the middle of nowhere trying to infiltrate bases....into a boring action game where there's too much action on the screen going on at the same time... it killed the whole espionage aspect that I liked the most about this series.

I hate developpers these days, they keep changing things that weren't broken to begin with and end up changing everything I liked about the series.
  6. Mar 1, 2014
    People give this game such a bad reputation because there are a Lot of cutscenes in this game however if you are a fan of the games universe this is perfect for you because this game series has been going on for near 20 years at the point this game was released and in that time there had been about 7 other games released which covered content from the cold war onwards to the games present day. This game fills almost all the gaps that were there before the game was released.

Now the game itself is amazing for numerous reason such as its graphics, camouflage system, different environments and enemy diversity. The game is made so that stealth is more rewarded but not completely necessary, that surveying the area gives better rewards in ways such as better weapons,drebin points or better vantage points. The graphics for the year are amazing and to this day has only small differences to the 'next gen' graphics from some military franchise or other which is released every year. The variety weapons and equipment gives not only stealth or offensive options but options inside those options which does help when faced with a very secure location.
  7. Feb 23, 2014
    this game is just one big piece of awsome .....and sadness the final part of the mgs saga mgs4 has old snake coming out of retirement and has to go kill liquid ocelot but there is one problem snake has accelerated aging this game has so man cutscenes but i could not decide whether this was a good thing or abad thing this game has less a focus on stealth and more a sense of action and the ending this is the sort of ending you cry at and anyone who says they didnt is either lying or a haertless **** Expand
  8. Feb 24, 2014
    A true masterpiece and a great ending to Solid Snake's legacy. The graphics, story and gameplay are all extremely well crafted. A definite must buy for any PS3 owner.
  9. Mar 2, 2014
    One of the must own exclusives, and games period for the Ps3. Sure the cut scenes can be a bit long, but they help make the game the masterpiece that it is. This is a great game, and should be played by anyone who owns a Ps3. Would definitely buy this as a collector.
  10. Mar 18, 2014
    awesome, gamme ,long cinematics, good conclusion, i cryed alot, is one of the best ends ever, the graphics where good for being 2008 graphics , and kojima just take all the metal gears and mixed it, love this game
  11. Mar 30, 2014
    F''''ng incredible, so much depth the soundtrack, the plot, snake, the easter eggs, the characters, the control, the boxes, the bosses, the final boss with that you will cry buy it now if you like metal gear solid.
  12. Apr 5, 2014
    This game is a masterpiece, BUT you need to play MGS 1,2,3 to understand the story...if you played the other 3, you'll love this game, it's awesome from the start menu to the after credits
  13. Jun 18, 2014
    This should have been the best Metal Gear game. Sadly it isn't.
    I won't go in-depth, put here are a few things that people fail to point out in this game.
    1. There are so many cutscenes that are entirely pointless, or could be speed up to save time. Nothing would be lost if these cutscenes were removed. In fact, there are 3 relationships in this game that take up at least 1 hour, of the
    8.5 hours of cutscenes ,that should have been removed as they add nothing to the story. The story should have been refined more.

2. There are a few forced or nonsensical moments. While few in quantity, these moments could have easily been changed.

3. Something that is never addressed is the blizzard effects. This might qualify as the best effect in video game history! Developers generally think as rain, snow, fog, ect... as an auxiliary to the game. If the blizzard effects were not in MGS4, the game would be much less impressive. The snow gradually collects on stationary objects. The high winds can push snow off, or carry more onto an object. Taking cover will make the snow gradually fall off in an impressive manner. The blizzard obscures Snake's vision, sometimes inhibiting his line of sight to a meter in front of him; conversely the storm may lighten up to allow Snake to see 15 meters in front off him. taking cover behind an object were the wind isn't blowing will cause the snow to fall off. What needs to be understood is that the blizzard effect was not an afterthought. It is a very graphically impressive feature ahead of its time.

4. The music and voice acting some of the best in gaming history, even for today.

5. The world building is great. The game provides visuals and information that establish the Metal Gear world well.

MGS4 has a great main plot, some very evocative moments, and is extremely graphically impressive. This review doesn't cover much, but the 5 points are rarely covered and need to be known. This game should be a 10/10, but too many idiotic additions to the story prevent it from being so.
  14. Jun 27, 2014
    Отличное завершение истории Солида Снейка. Разнообразие геймплея и кинематографичность заставок поражают.
  15. Oct 19, 2014
    Es un buen juego que podría ser muchísimo mejor si no fuera por las interminables y cansinas escenas de vídeo y por el poco tiempo que pasamos jugándolo. Para ser de 2008 es un juego bastante grande a nivel técnico y no se le notan mucho los años.
    Un juego inclasificable y muy friki, que también se disfruta mas si se ha jugado a los anteriores, aunque esperemos que MGSV tenga menos
    cháchara y mas acción. Expand
  16. Sep 9, 2014
    For anyone who has played a metal gear solid game this is a must have. It is a perfect blend of action and adventure and the story is so great in its depth it will keep you playing "to see what happens next. Very few games deserve a perfect score but this is one of them. Even if you've never played metal gear solid you can't miss this. If you really want to play it I suggest getting twin snakes on GameCube, and the metal gear solid 2 and 3 remake on the ps3 just to know the story before playing this. The metal gear series offers the best story telling of any game hands down. Expand
  17. Sep 12, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Metal Gear Solid 4 delivers a great gameplay and cinimatic experiance for those who are fans of the series. Mgs has a very nice story with amazingly polished cutscenes that are long, but persinally I love the long cutscenes because for me it makes the story not feel rushed and really takes time to explain alot of gaps in the story (and lore) of the MGS universe. The stoy has been taking hit after hit of people not liking the nano-machine explinations for everything, but personally I liked it, it felt right and bang on for the setting and time of the story where technology is very advance and nano machines are used for almost every perpose. For a gamer that poors alot of emotions into games I felt this was a great ending to the legendary Solid Snake! For gameplay it was great with alot of variation to combat. When putting people in a head lock you have so many differnt ways to end your enemy! There are alot of guns, but you may only find yourself using a few of the same but if you choose to use other it can change up gameplay alot! You will recieve neat gear from bosses that you can use in new game+ and are really fun to use. If you are planning to go for the platinum you will find yourself playing the game with alot of playstyles to get all the games emblems which need at least 8 playthroughs. Metal gear solid guns 4 from start to platinum is a blast with an amazingly told story and great stealth gameplay (if you choose to play like that) that will keep you engaged for as many playthroughs as you choose to play. That is why I give Metal Gear Solid 4 a 10/10 as a fan of the lore and series, I highly recommend Snakes last mission. Expand
  18. Sep 12, 2014
    Very good story, you might be confused if not familiar with the MGS series, don't hesitate to make some research before you play on what happened before this game, the characters...Gameplay is great, you can play through the game with a lot of stealth or just shoot a lot and there is a good choice of customizable weapons. Graphics were great when this game was released and are still pleasant in my opinion. Great musics, great characters. A classic and one of my favorites on PS3. Expand
  19. Sep 17, 2014
    The greatest game i ever played. Gameplay is by far the best in any mgs. The stroy is also the most epic and closes in most of the gaps from the previous games. Cutscenes are long but i'm never bored when watching this. Also making snake old is a great addition since we were use to the prime snake who can kick any ones ass easily with no problem. Overall its my favorite game of all time.
  20. Oct 17, 2014
    Una obra maestro de ps3 rejugable 1000veces y nunca deja de sorprender, si tuviera dialogos fuera del ingles seria la gran obra maestra de esta generacion, superando a the last of us
  21. Oct 19, 2014
    This is by far my favorite of the series! The length of the cutscenes are not surprising since MGS does have long cutscenes in general. Gameplay is a bit more like a shooter and a bit too easy. The story and characters and story are stronger then they have ever been. This game contains nostalgia, good characters, great story, an amazing final boss, and the perfect ending! 10/10

1. Guns of the Patriots is almost intimidating in the consistent quality of its ideas, invention, and execution...Even by the series' stratospheric standards, MGS4 is a remarkable high point. [June 2008]
    If you've ever loved any one of the Metal Gear games, or any moments from the series, there will come a moment when MGS 4 will send your spirits soaring. If you've loved them all, well then there'll be many, many more. It’s a masterpiece.
  3. Guns of the Patriots is a frustrating, fractured game that turns Metal Gear Solid's world upside down several times over, but never changes it.