8.7

1. Nov 16, 2017
    en si tiene demasiada acción y quería reseñar este juego desde hace 5 años, la historia aunque se conecte ya parece exagerar un poco y las armas a cierto tipo y modificaciones ya hacen ver esto como un call of duty en dificultad fácil.
  2. Aug 28, 2017
    Capolavoro assoluto , nettamente il miglior gioco Playstation 3 .. Trama , personaggi , gameplay , emozioni e grafica sempre al top come ci ha sempre abituati questa magnifica saga , la miglior saga di sempre
  3. Aug 15, 2017
    Since the first trailer of this game in 2006 my mind exploded. This is one of the best game on the PS3 system and I love that all aspects on this game. Has long, long cut-scenes and the level design is out-of-date, but this game just perfect. Good luck for the platinum trophy, is very hard to do, but you need this game if you have a PS3 and is a MGS Fan. Better game in this franchise.Since the first trailer of this game in 2006 my mind exploded. This is one of the best game on the PS3 system and I love that all aspects on this game. Has long, long cut-scenes and the level design is out-of-date, but this game just perfect. Good luck for the platinum trophy, is very hard to do, but you need this game if you have a PS3 and is a MGS Fan. Better game in this franchise. Thanks Kojima Produtions!! Expand
  4. Jul 30, 2017
    This is truly a remarkable game that stands tall even to this day - nearly 10 years later! I had never played a Metal Gear game before this one, and this game was so good that I ended up getting and playing the entire rest of the series. I first played it in 2008 shortly after it came out when I happened to buy the PS3 bundled with this game. The gameplay is amazing and unique, the storyThis is truly a remarkable game that stands tall even to this day - nearly 10 years later! I had never played a Metal Gear game before this one, and this game was so good that I ended up getting and playing the entire rest of the series. I first played it in 2008 shortly after it came out when I happened to buy the PS3 bundled with this game. The gameplay is amazing and unique, the story is emotional, engrossing, serious, and well told, and the graphics were great for the time and solid even today. I never experienced a single bug or glitch in my many hours of playing the game. This game made me a fan of Metal Gear for life, and is still my favorite game of all time.

Unfortunately the online was shut down a few years ago, but it was a blast too!
  5. Jul 24, 2017
    An astounding ending to a great franchise (yeah I know it's not the final one in the series, but it's the chronical finale.
    A depressing story about the super heroes that grow old. I don't want to spoil it, but if you've played the Metal Gear games, this is a must.
  6. Jul 15, 2017
    Greatest Metal Gear game, ever. This is after playing MGSV, and I still love this more. Yeah, Snake is old in this, but well, it works for the story and finishes out on almost all high notes. Combat is fun and keeps a solid balance between stealth and not-so-much ;) Boss fights are still really cool, too.
    As a follower of the series since, DAY ONE, (As in, NES Metal Gear) the story
    As a follower of the series since, DAY ONE, (As in, NES Metal Gear) the story is, by far the most epic in gaming. Provided you are familiar with the story, you'll find that EVERYTHING IS WRAPPED UP with very few questions left open.

For the vets, I recommend you play this bad boy on Hard or above.

Gameplay wise, MGSV is better, but the final chapter in the story of Solid Snake MGS4, beats it out by LIGHT YEARS.
  7. Jun 26, 2017
    I think Kojima really lived up to his billing here; an experience truly 75% movie, 25% game. The story is masterfully written, and the team finally learned how to make the controls bearable. True, I could totally knock the game for having rather horrendous boss fights, but the amount of tears i shed throughout the game makes it easy to ignore.
  8. May 1, 2017
    This was a very good entry to the series. The gameplay was fun, even if we got to play less then half of the game. The problem is that the game was half cutscene. It got a little boring at times. But, I still think this game is a good entry to the MG series and a fitting end to the solid snake and big boss story.
  9. Mar 17, 2017
    Yes, too much fan service but for me this is where Metal Gear Solid ended. The game is not perfect and is a bit too linear. But back in 2008 many of us bought a PS3 just for playing this. The game looked good even on CRT TV's. You can't understand how much we were hyped about this. This was the real goodbye. V is not.
  10. Jan 13, 2017
    Story-wise like, is the best of the saga. As for the whole gaming experience, maybe not (it's like watching a movie, more than gaming). Gameplay improved, compared to the previous games. Of course, a non-MGS fan would not understand a damn thing of what's going on in here. But every time I played it, the more I liked it. It has also the perfect mixture between corridor/tunnel and freedomStory-wise like, is the best of the saga. As for the whole gaming experience, maybe not (it's like watching a movie, more than gaming). Gameplay improved, compared to the previous games. Of course, a non-MGS fan would not understand a damn thing of what's going on in here. But every time I played it, the more I liked it. It has also the perfect mixture between corridor/tunnel and freedom (medium sized maps) and like usual, the many options to get to your goal. Also, for such an old game, it has one of the best visuals on PS3. And like always, a great script, acting, the voices... The last MGS with proper cutscenes and codec dialogues, after they died in MGSV. In addition, MGO was a game by itself too, and was one of a great online experience, who'd expected that. It took a while but then they added the trophies, which (sadly, or not!) made you replay the game another time to get them. An experiece to repeat once every 2 years or so. Expand
  11. Jan 4, 2017
    Deutsche Review - Kritik

Deutsche Review - Kritik

Der folgende Test ist in 5 Kategorien zusammengefasst. Diese 5 Kartegorien ergeben die Gesamtpunktzahl von 0 - 100 Punkten. Um einen passenden Userscore zu geben wird auf oder abgerundet. Bei 84 Punkten ergibt das einen User Score von 8. Bei 86 einen von Userscore von 9. Falls eine 85 kommt entscheide ich ob ich es eher positiv oder negativ nehme. Regeln verstanden?
    Dann sind hier meine Punkte.

Mein persönlicher Score = 94/100
    Mein User Score = 9/10
  12. Apr 22, 2016
    It is a masterpiece by the end of this legend.
    music, plot, the graphics are really bestial.
    the only thing I complain about this title is that the areas of juegon are very flat are limited that is very bad for videjos of today which is limited whole world can not go to open a clear example is the final fantasy XIII. the gear ps1 and ps2 metal are coarser wing when the areas to
    It is a masterpiece by the end of this legend.
    music, plot, the graphics are really bestial.

the gear ps1 and ps2 metal are coarser wing when the areas to investigate but this title envargo maximum and deserves rate.
  13. Apr 15, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Лучшее что во что я играл и видел. Лучший сюжет,лучшая графика 2008 года,лучший саунд 2008,лучший геймплей 2008 года.11001010100100101010 Expand
  14. Jan 31, 2016
    Simply, an amazing game, a complete masterpiece with a lot of detail and perfect gameplay. Cutscenes are great too. Amazing storyline. Enough said.
    ****10/10****
  15. Jan 29, 2016
    Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots is one of the best games on PS3, along with Last Of Us, and Uncharted 2, and I will explain exactly why. The gameplay, while moderately different, still clings on to the classic MGS1 mechanics. Instead of the square button to fire, you use the left and right triggers to aim and shoot, while using the left and right bumpers to cycle through yourMetal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots is one of the best games on PS3, along with Last Of Us, and Uncharted 2, and I will explain exactly why. The gameplay, while moderately different, still clings on to the classic MGS1 mechanics. Instead of the square button to fire, you use the left and right triggers to aim and shoot, while using the left and right bumpers to cycle through your inventory. Guns Of The Patriots still has the camouflage mechanic carried over from Snakeater. Guns Of The Patriots takes place 5 years after Sons Of Liberty, where The Patriots control the War Economy, where random PMCs do war against one another for no reason other than that the Patriots have ordered them to. This system allows the Patriots to put the war economy in the balance that they think it should be balanced. Solid Snake, who has changed his name to Old Snake, has been hired to assassinate Liquid Ocelot, who is Liquid Snake controlling Revolver Ocelots body. If Snake can finish this last job, then he can live in peace, so he heads to The Middle East, where most of the proxy wars are going on, with Otacon and Raiden, who is now an armored ninja. There is more cut scenes than gameplay throughout your playtime, so be wary of that. Metal Gear Solid fans will be happy because this game is chock full of nostalgia moments and flashbacks to previous Metal Gear games. If you only bought a PS3 to play The Last Of Us, then pick up this game too. Expand
  16. Jan 8, 2016
    Graphics: 10 Sound: 10 Gameplay: 9.5 Fun/Story: 10

A great game with nice movie touch by Hideo. Some of the longest cutscenes ever in a videogame could not be liked by everybody but i loved it. Amazing sound, voices, gameplay, graphics, ... A masterpiece.
  17. Dec 17, 2015
    The conclusion of the game I mean you felt you wanna more but Kojima wanted for a while do other projects. This game is absolutely amazing I know is a lot of cut scenes but is worth it! The 3D camera was something new in this game some gamers didn't like it some like it everything depends of the person. The game started doing kinda "micro transactions model" with fake points to unlockThe conclusion of the game I mean you felt you wanna more but Kojima wanted for a while do other projects. This game is absolutely amazing I know is a lot of cut scenes but is worth it! The 3D camera was something new in this game some gamers didn't like it some like it everything depends of the person. The game started doing kinda "micro transactions model" with fake points to unlock things in the game ~ weapons.
    Definitely worth it to playing to remember the old times!
  18. Nov 22, 2015
    The Metal Gear Solid that shouldn't even really exist. As much as I refuse to warrant the existence of MGS4, seeing as it completely undermines the point of MGS2, it is still a well crafted and excellent addition to the franchise.
    Set five years after MGS2, Solid Snake has aged rapidly thanks to the nano-machines in his system. War has also become it's own economy and an extremely profitable business venture at that. Metal Gear's are now standard military hardware and the plan of the Patriot's is going smoothly. It's up to you to change that in the final act to the Hideo Kojima MGS series.
    Being more of an action game than a stealth game, MGS4 often borders on 3rd person shooter, though the stealth is still there if you're persistent enough to play that way. With near limitless supplies of ammunition and a large arsenal however, it's all too easy just to blast your way through.
    Infamous for it's lengthy, highly detailed cutscenes (as well as the world record for the longest cutscene ever coming in at 21 minutes for the individual clip (part of a larger cluster of cutscenes over 70 minutes in length), MGS is heavy on story and pretty light on gameplay.
    If you're not an existing fan of MGS then MGS4 is a very very bad place to jump in at. But if you're a fan then MGS4 is a game worth playing, even if it only exists because needy fan's couldn't understand the point MGS2 was trying to make.
  19. Nov 5, 2015
    Played through this one a couple of years ago. Its the reason I picked up a PS3, in fact I owned the game before the console.
    That aside before playing it I felt I had to know how Snake's story ended, I had to know what Kojima was going to cook up.
    And cook up is what he did. Don't get me wrong this isn't a bad game, its just as convoluted as you'd expect. In all my years of playing MGS games this stays true to form, I know what's going on but I really don't care. Its hard to put my finger on it but effectively all the 3D MGS games are the same just set in different environments with upgraded graphics.
    To sum it up Kojima is the Tarantino of video games, his early work was his best and what he's been doing recently doesn't live up to his legacy and now he's past it.
  20. Oct 24, 2015
    is gud muvi, weres teh oscar at???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  21. Oct 7, 2015
    Talk about a ride. In the conclusion of Solid Snake's story, I found myself with chills down my spine and holding my breath more than once. Does a wonderful job of really tying the whole series together, and the game play is spot on.
  22. Sep 26, 2015
    This is quite possibly the greatest movie of all time. Hideo Kojima is a pioneer in film-making, right up there with legends such as Tommy Wiseau and Uwe Boll.
  23. Sep 26, 2015
    Excelente Metal Gear, história complexa e emocionante, gráficos soberbos até hoje, jogabilidade precisa,um final simplesmente surpreendente, a unica coisa que falta é um equilibrio entre gameplay e cutcenes.
  24. Aug 21, 2015
    I cannot believe what this game did to me. It's the first time i cried this hard (i cried like a bab) on a videogame and it's the second time i cried like that (the first one being Breaking Bad's ending). The game has got everything: Great gameplay, excellent graphics, perfect sound and soundtrack and an excellent story. If you liked any of the old Metal Gear games, you'll love this one,I cannot believe what this game did to me. It's the first time i cried this hard (i cried like a bab) on a videogame and it's the second time i cried like that (the first one being Breaking Bad's ending). The game has got everything: Great gameplay, excellent graphics, perfect sound and soundtrack and an excellent story. If you liked any of the old Metal Gear games, you'll love this one, maybe not as much as i do but i can guarantee you'll like it. Expand
  25. Aug 20, 2015
    Amazing game with absolutely no flaws. I can't even think of another game that shines so much in the way of game play, humor and graphics. You would be doing yourself a disservice by not playing this game.
  26. Jul 13, 2015
    Master Piece.
    This is the best game I have ever played. It is.... words can't describe. It's so far beyond anything else out there that there is nothing to compare it to. Just play it.
  27. Jun 25, 2015
    Following the events of Shadow Moses, The tanker Incident & The Big Shell event, you play as the hero of the first two events. Storywise this is the be-all and end-all of the story, the gripping emotion and characters are what make this game unique as it is, this is for the players who have stuck with the game since MGS1 and atleast MGS2.
  28. Jun 8, 2015
    Metal Gear Solid 4 has pretty much everything you need in Metal Gear. Funny moments, Customization, Gripping story, Stealth Action, and the final chapter in Snake's Life. How can you not love this game.
  29. May 11, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Metal gear. I do not have to say anything more. But i need to write one hundred and fifty characters. i think my score can describe it................ Expand
  30. Apr 29, 2015
    When it finally let me play, MGS4 was really enjoyable - from a MGS standpoint. Worthy of praise are the controls, graphics and general presentation, and it was a lot of fun - when I was in control. however by this point it's clear that Kojima needs to start showing restraint, or hire an editor. I have only a couple of hours to play a game in the evening, it's hugely disappointing when anWhen it finally let me play, MGS4 was really enjoyable - from a MGS standpoint. Worthy of praise are the controls, graphics and general presentation, and it was a lot of fun - when I was in control. however by this point it's clear that Kojima needs to start showing restraint, or hire an editor. I have only a couple of hours to play a game in the evening, it's hugely disappointing when an hour and forty minutes of that time is spent watching a cutscene, then the game has the gall during one of its extensive loading screens to tell me to take a break because I've been playing for a while. No, I've just been watching cutscenes and getting constantly interrupted by codec calls and coke-drinking, smoking monkeys. Expand
  31. Apr 8, 2015
    the perfect ending to one of the greatest franchises of all time. I have nothing bad to say about this game it was a blast the whole way through. the only thing I will say is if you are not an invested fan of the series or are not a fan of cinematic games than you probably wont like this game because you probably spend more time watching cutscenes than you do actually playing. that's not athe perfect ending to one of the greatest franchises of all time. I have nothing bad to say about this game it was a blast the whole way through. the only thing I will say is if you are not an invested fan of the series or are not a fan of cinematic games than you probably wont like this game because you probably spend more time watching cutscenes than you do actually playing. that's not a bad thing because the story and cinematic storytelling is the main appeal of metal gear solid games and this one just happens to be the most cinematic yet. and when you do get to play, the gameplay is nearly perfect and some of the best in the series. Stealth is not as emphasized in this game as it was in previous entries but the change to a more action orientated style of gameplay works really well and fits the story well. this is one of the best games in the franchise and is one of the best games of its generation. Expand
  32. Mar 28, 2015
    Amazing audio-visual presentation, tight gameplay, interesting but a little dense story makes this a true masterpiece. This is a benchmark in quality, and very few games are like it.
  33. Mar 21, 2015
    As a game was so good for that time, i recognize you hat there was better games like GTA 4 and Uncharted 1. But this was really good, i enjoy playing it, the CQC was really cool, the amounts of arms that you can use too, and i loved that you can help the terrorist and pass the missions in a different ways, something that we don't see on the metal gear saga before this game.

For the

For the graphics.....was else can i say, to this date (2015) it's so hard to find games with better graphics like this. By far the best game graphics by that time.

And for the plot and the storyline, another BIG 10 for this. I REALLY LOVE ALL THE CUTSCENES, i remember people telling me if this was a game or a movie.

This was amazing, and because it it's a game it's so much better than a overral movie, he can put codecs to additional information, the briefing flights, etc.

Other thing that i love was that Kojima tried to put the most possibly characteres of the saga, even the dead characteres are mentioned, and put some more like Drebin or Sunny. And we know that in the Metal Gear saga there are sooooooooo many characters.

There are so memorable cutscenes in only one game who it's hard to believe that we will see something like that them, and not to mention the emmotional means for every one of them.

We have the death of Naomi, the Meryl reconcialition with Campbell, The Vamp history, etc.
    We have funny things too like the monkey of Drebin, he Akiba thing, the cigarretes of Snake, the eggs of Sunny.

And we have very deep moments, when Snake returns to Shadow Moses (plus you can play the MGS1 game for 2 or 3 minutes), was the best moment on a PS3 for me, i put the console on pause and i remember when i was a child and play the MGS1 game, and the most amazing thing was that i was remembering everything, that was beautiful.

The only thing I don't like was the bosses, i mean there was 1 or 2 good boss fighting, but the characters wasn't that good like the amazing cobra unit, fox-hound or even dead cell. I love the Psycho Mantis part btw.

But the best reason to considerer this one of the best PS3 games ever, was for the final!!!!.

if you was playing this since the PSOne days, or even the NES/MSX days. Goddamn you wait so much time for that moment, so many years for that **** happen, it's true that was very predictable, but i was soo much deep inmeerse on the game and like we know Kojima, like you don't thing of that, after it happen.

Was very very beautiful. The Ocelot - Snake fight was on the same level too.

10/10 for this!!
  34. Jan 24, 2015
    How can someone even say something negative about this game. One of the best games I have ever played in my entire life. If you're fan of the MGS series and haven't played this game you have do that, believe me. Masterpiece!
  35. Nov 27, 2014
    Games this good should be celebrated!

it's a master of the craft simply showing off.

There's so many metaphors and meanings in this game that they begin to mock themselves, mock you for enjoying them then makes you cry when it comes to it's end.

it can be played in any way you want and is still a classic.
  36. Nov 4, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. There is not much I can say about MGS4 that hasn't been said already; it is a masterpiece. Yes, there are hours upon hours of long cutscenes and explanation, but for Metal Gear fans, including myself, they are all very fun and entertaining to watch. MGS4 is also one of the most emotional games I have ever experienced, watching Solid Snake go to the ends of the Earth to get this final job done is heart-breaking and makes you love the character even more. The ending is perfect, any fan of the series who has played the previous games, is sure to shed the tear. Rest in Peace, Solid Snake. We salute you. Expand
  37. Nov 3, 2014
    Four letters for this stunningly amazing masterpiece: E-P-I-C. Literally this is the Godfather/Citizen Kaneof the PSN exclusives for PS3. Just play this game or play legacy colelction and then this to get this game fully nonetheless this is a visually impressive and story rich classic. Public enemy pun: BELIEVE THE HYPE.
  38. Oct 19, 2014
    This is by far my favorite of the series! The length of the cutscenes are not surprising since MGS does have long cutscenes in general. Gameplay is a bit more like a shooter and a bit too easy. The story and characters and story are stronger then they have ever been. This game contains nostalgia, good characters, great story, an amazing final boss, and the perfect ending! 10/10
  39. Oct 19, 2014
    Es un buen juego que podría ser muchísimo mejor si no fuera por las interminables y cansinas escenas de vídeo y por el poco tiempo que pasamos jugándolo. Para ser de 2008 es un juego bastante grande a nivel técnico y no se le notan mucho los años.
    Un juego inclasificable y muy friki, que también se disfruta mas si se ha jugado a los anteriores, aunque esperemos que MGSV tenga menos cháchara y mas acción.
  40. Oct 17, 2014
    Una obra maestro de ps3 rejugable 1000veces y nunca deja de sorprender, si tuviera dialogos fuera del ingles seria la gran obra maestra de esta generacion, superando a the last of us
  41. Sep 17, 2014
    The greatest game i ever played. Gameplay is by far the best in any mgs. The stroy is also the most epic and closes in most of the gaps from the previous games. Cutscenes are long but i'm never bored when watching this. Also making snake old is a great addition since we were use to the prime snake who can kick any ones ass easily with no problem. Overall its my favorite game of all time.
  42. Sep 12, 2014
    Very good story, you might be confused if not familiar with the MGS series, don't hesitate to make some research before you play on what happened before this game, the characters...Gameplay is great, you can play through the game with a lot of stealth or just shoot a lot and there is a good choice of customizable weapons. Graphics were great when this game was released and are stillVery good story, you might be confused if not familiar with the MGS series, don't hesitate to make some research before you play on what happened before this game, the characters...Gameplay is great, you can play through the game with a lot of stealth or just shoot a lot and there is a good choice of customizable weapons. Graphics were great when this game was released and are still pleasant in my opinion. Great musics, great characters. A classic and one of my favorites on PS3. Expand
  43. Sep 12, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Metal Gear Solid 4 delivers a great gameplay and cinimatic experiance for those who are fans of the series. Mgs has a very nice story with amazingly polished cutscenes that are long, but persinally I love the long cutscenes because for me it makes the story not feel rushed and really takes time to explain alot of gaps in the story (and lore) of the MGS universe. The stoy has been taking hit after hit of people not liking the nano-machine explinations for everything, but personally I liked it, it felt right and bang on for the setting and time of the story where technology is very advance and nano machines are used for almost every perpose. For a gamer that poors alot of emotions into games I felt this was a great ending to the legendary Solid Snake! For gameplay it was great with alot of variation to combat. When putting people in a head lock you have so many differnt ways to end your enemy! There are alot of guns, but you may only find yourself using a few of the same but if you choose to use other it can change up gameplay alot! You will recieve neat gear from bosses that you can use in new game+ and are really fun to use. If you are planning to go for the platinum you will find yourself playing the game with alot of playstyles to get all the games emblems which need at least 8 playthroughs. Metal gear solid guns 4 from start to platinum is a blast with an amazingly told story and great stealth gameplay (if you choose to play like that) that will keep you engaged for as many playthroughs as you choose to play. That is why I give Metal Gear Solid 4 a 10/10 as a fan of the lore and series, I highly recommend Snakes last mission. Expand
  44. Sep 9, 2014
    For anyone who has played a metal gear solid game this is a must have. It is a perfect blend of action and adventure and the story is so great in its depth it will keep you playing "to see what happens next. Very few games deserve a perfect score but this is one of them. Even if you've never played metal gear solid you can't miss this. If you really want to play it I suggest getting twinFor anyone who has played a metal gear solid game this is a must have. It is a perfect blend of action and adventure and the story is so great in its depth it will keep you playing "to see what happens next. Very few games deserve a perfect score but this is one of them. Even if you've never played metal gear solid you can't miss this. If you really want to play it I suggest getting twin snakes on GameCube, and the metal gear solid 2 and 3 remake on the ps3 just to know the story before playing this. The metal gear series offers the best story telling of any game hands down. Expand
  45. Jun 27, 2014
    Отличное завершение истории Солида Снейка. Разнообразие геймплея и кинематографичность заставок поражают.
  46. Jun 18, 2014
    This should have been the best Metal Gear game. Sadly it isn't.
    I won't go in-depth, put here are a few things that people fail to point out in this game.
    This should have been the best Metal Gear game. Sadly it isn't.
    1. There are so many cutscenes that are entirely pointless, or could be speed up to save time. Nothing would be lost if these cutscenes were removed. In fact, there are 3 relationships in this game that take up at least 1 hour, of the 8.5 hours of cutscenes ,that should have been removed as they add nothing to the story. The story should have been refined more.

2. There are a few forced or nonsensical moments. While few in quantity, these moments could have easily been changed.

3. Something that is never addressed is the blizzard effects. This might qualify as the best effect in video game history! Developers generally think as rain, snow, fog, ect... as an auxiliary to the game. If the blizzard effects were not in MGS4, the game would be much less impressive. The snow gradually collects on stationary objects. The high winds can push snow off, or carry more onto an object. Taking cover will make the snow gradually fall off in an impressive manner. The blizzard obscures Snake's vision, sometimes inhibiting his line of sight to a meter in front of him; conversely the storm may lighten up to allow Snake to see 15 meters in front off him. taking cover behind an object were the wind isn't blowing will cause the snow to fall off. What needs to be understood is that the blizzard effect was not an afterthought. It is a very graphically impressive feature ahead of its time.

4. The music and voice acting some of the best in gaming history, even for today.

5. The world building is great. The game provides visuals and information that establish the Metal Gear world well.

MGS4 has a great main plot, some very evocative moments, and is extremely graphically impressive. This review doesn't cover much, but the 5 points are rarely covered and need to be known. This game should be a 10/10, but too many idiotic additions to the story prevent it from being so.
  47. Apr 5, 2014
    This game is a masterpiece, BUT you need to play MGS 1,2,3 to understand the story...if you played the other 3, you'll love this game, it's awesome from the start menu to the after credits
  48. Mar 31, 2014
    Metal gear solid 4, is the culmination the one of the most important franchise of games. The ambientation of the game is really good, in sometimes we believe that we are in war. The gameplay is typical of the franchise, and we choose if we want stealth or accion. The game have many weapons and customization options.

The history is very good, and conects all the loose ends of the saga

The history is very good, and conects all the loose ends of the saga offering epics moments, special mention the end, that is amazing.

As I said before, the history is very good, but is difficult follows, especially if you aren't fan of the saga.

another point that I didn´t like is that scenes video are very very longs, and we can desperate, we spend more time waching scenes video than playing.
  49. Mar 30, 2014
    F''''ng incredible, so much depth the soundtrack, the plot, snake, the easter eggs, the characters, the control, the boxes, the bosses, the final boss with that you will cry buy it now if you like metal gear solid.
  50. Mar 23, 2014
    Metal Gear Solid 4 is an absolutely phenomenal game! This along with Bioshock Infinite and The Last of Us should be the measuring stick to which all other games compare not only their quality but their stories as well!
  51. Mar 20, 2014
    This is an amazing installment in the Metal Gear franchise with the return of the lovely hero, Solid, or now known as "Old Snake". The story may be a bit over-complicated at times but it still holds of atrociously well, one of my gripes though, is that the boss battles aren't as good or memorable as in the previous games.
  52. Mar 18, 2014
    awesome, gamme ,long cinematics, good conclusion, i cryed alot, is one of the best ends ever, the graphics where good for being 2008 graphics , and kojima just take all the metal gears and mixed it, love this game
  53. Mar 18, 2014
    awesome game all the feels on thata, th best way to close the saga is that. i love how kojima write the history, and old snake oh god is so sad is a mature game and a nostalgic game i love it remeber me metal gear 1
  54. Mar 2, 2014
    One of the must own exclusives, and games period for the Ps3. Sure the cut scenes can be a bit long, but they help make the game the masterpiece that it is. This is a great game, and should be played by anyone who owns a Ps3. Would definitely buy this as a collector.
  55. Mar 1, 2014
    People give this game such a bad reputation because there are a Lot of cutscenes in this game however if you are a fan of the games universe this is perfect for you because this game series has been going on for near 20 years at the point this game was released and in that time there had been about 7 other games released which covered content from the cold war onwards to the games presentPeople give this game such a bad reputation because there are a Lot of cutscenes in this game however if you are a fan of the games universe this is perfect for you because this game series has been going on for near 20 years at the point this game was released and in that time there had been about 7 other games released which covered content from the cold war onwards to the games present day. This game fills almost all the gaps that were there before the game was released.

Now the game itself is amazing for numerous reason such as its graphics, camouflage system, different environments and enemy diversity. The game is made so that stealth is more rewarded but not completely necessary, that surveying the area gives better rewards in ways such as better weapons,drebin points or better vantage points. The graphics for the year are amazing and to this day has only small differences to the 'next gen' graphics from some military franchise or other which is released every year. The variety weapons and equipment gives not only stealth or offensive options but options inside those options which does help when faced with a very secure location.
  56. Feb 24, 2014
    A true masterpiece and a great ending to Solid Snake's legacy. The graphics, story and gameplay are all extremely well crafted. A definite must buy for any PS3 owner.
  57. Feb 23, 2014
    this game is just one big piece of awsome .....and sadness the final part of the mgs saga mgs4 has old snake coming out of retirement and has to go kill liquid ocelot but there is one problem snake has accelerated aging this game has so man cutscenes but i could not decide whether this was a good thing or abad thing this game has less a focus on stealth and more a sense of action and thethis game is just one big piece of awsome .....and sadness the final part of the mgs saga mgs4 has old snake coming out of retirement and has to go kill liquid ocelot but there is one problem snake has accelerated aging this game has so man cutscenes but i could not decide whether this was a good thing or abad thing this game has less a focus on stealth and more a sense of action and the ending this is the sort of ending you cry at and anyone who says they didnt is either lying or a haertless **** Expand
  58. Feb 10, 2014
    This game is awesome, the perfect end to the story of Solid Snake. MGS's fans is necessary have this game, if you unknown Metal Gear Solid's saga, get away from this game, and best begin with Metal Gear Solid 1 for PSX.
  59. Feb 9, 2014
    I don’t care what some critics say; this is a worthy sequel to a worthy series. It is just as indispensible as the other Metal Gear games and the final scenes leading up to, and including, the final boss battle are some of the most well-designed, emotional and memorable scenes in a videogame.
  60. Feb 3, 2014
    Length: 10 out of 10
    Re-play: 6 out of 10
    Value: 10 out of 10
  61. Jan 8, 2014
    The best Metal Gear Solid game to date and easily the best Playstation 3 exclusive (The Last of Us comes close though). Everything about this game is just perfect: the visuals are great, the soundtrack is awesome, the story is amazing and the characters are extremely memorable. I just love what they did to Raiden after how he was in Metal Gear Solid 2, they made him into an awesome cyborgThe best Metal Gear Solid game to date and easily the best Playstation 3 exclusive (The Last of Us comes close though). Everything about this game is just perfect: the visuals are great, the soundtrack is awesome, the story is amazing and the characters are extremely memorable. I just love what they did to Raiden after how he was in Metal Gear Solid 2, they made him into an awesome cyborg and a character with a very interesting back story. This is one of best games ever made and one of my personal favorites of all time. Expand
  62. Jan 1, 2014
    For fans of the stealth genera, you will want to buy this game. This game can be hard at times, but for hardcore players this is a good thing. The boss fights are amazing, and the story goes along perfectly. There are some flaws, and some aspects are overrated. One of the biggest points is that there are a lack of checkpoints throughout the game. Overall though for a $10 pre-owned MGS4,For fans of the stealth genera, you will want to buy this game. This game can be hard at times, but for hardcore players this is a good thing. The boss fights are amazing, and the story goes along perfectly. There are some flaws, and some aspects are overrated. One of the biggest points is that there are a lack of checkpoints throughout the game. Overall though for a $10 pre-owned MGS4, this game would be worth your time with its tactical-stealth experience. Expand
  63. Dec 31, 2013
    Pros:

-Amazing story and ending (4+)
    -Nice Graphics (2+)
    -Fun Gameplay (2+)
    -Great soundtrack and voice acting (2+)

Cons:

- 90 minute cutscene crap (0.3-)
    - Clunky controls (personal opinion)
    - Cheesy (-0.1)

Overall Score: 9.6/10. Extremely Awesome
  64. Dec 23, 2013
    "Legends die hard and deserve a heroic story that lives on when they are gone. Metal Gear Solid 4 is such an ending for the legendary warrior Solid Snake. Not only does it sum up the full franchise of Metal Gear, its depth and its complexity, coupled with its technical prowess, make it one of the best games of the year and, indeed, one of the best games ever made. Get some well earned"Legends die hard and deserve a heroic story that lives on when they are gone. Metal Gear Solid 4 is such an ending for the legendary warrior Solid Snake. Not only does it sum up the full franchise of Metal Gear, its depth and its complexity, coupled with its technical prowess, make it one of the best games of the year and, indeed, one of the best games ever made. Get some well earned rest, Snake. You've earned it. We salute you." Expand
  65. Dec 4, 2013
    This game is pretty much my favorite MGS game, the game play was truly astonishing back in the days and still is, this was such a quality game for the PS3 console when it was first released, the graphics, the animation, the cut scenes, the gameplay, the sound.. everything was top notch, Kojima Productions really pushed the PS3 to it's limits when most of the games at that time couldn'tThis game is pretty much my favorite MGS game, the game play was truly astonishing back in the days and still is, this was such a quality game for the PS3 console when it was first released, the graphics, the animation, the cut scenes, the gameplay, the sound.. everything was top notch, Kojima Productions really pushed the PS3 to it's limits when most of the games at that time couldn't even be compared to MGS4, visually.

And then, the most important aspect of the game, the story obviously. The storyline was beyond amazing, i've played through the game so many times because of the storyline, i'm not supposed to spoil anything when writing a review even tho most people have already played this, but i can say that the story was both dramatic and exciting.

I know i'm quite late with a review but i didn't create a user account on metacritic until now so why not give this game some more credits
  66. Dec 2, 2013
    The true sequel to my best game ever (MGS2). I played MGS4 when I first bought a PS3. Since I had forgotten a lot of the details from the series, I got half of the exprerience. Now, I decided it was a good time to refresh my MGS storyline, so I played through MGS, MGS2 and MGS4 (I plan to continue to the Big Boss games). Now that I have a full idea of what's happening and why, and alsoThe true sequel to my best game ever (MGS2). I played MGS4 when I first bought a PS3. Since I had forgotten a lot of the details from the series, I got half of the exprerience. Now, I decided it was a good time to refresh my MGS storyline, so I played through MGS, MGS2 and MGS4 (I plan to continue to the Big Boss games). Now that I have a full idea of what's happening and why, and also I've grown as a gamer, since 2008 is 5 years back, I can firmly say that it deserves a perfect score since it ticked all of the boxes and even beyond as a great sequel and as a story ending.

This is Kojima at his best. Both gameplaywise and storywise.
  67. Nov 24, 2013
    Easily the greatest game of this gen,the story is fantastic you feel like a true legend playing through the eyes of solid snake AKA old snake ,at times there is the odd silliness but this is expected as part of the series the boss fights are epic the cut scenes are long winded but is a joy to sit back and watch this game is a must for all gamers
  68. Nov 24, 2013
    This is one of my favourite titles on PS3. Hideo Kojima has a sharp eye for details in games and one gets to appreciate this in MGS4. There is an insane level of detail given to everything from the menu, through the movie like cutscenes and to the gameplay itself. It is a unique experience on the PS3 and one you should not skip over. The environments are greatly varied and you'll find themThis is one of my favourite titles on PS3. Hideo Kojima has a sharp eye for details in games and one gets to appreciate this in MGS4. There is an insane level of detail given to everything from the menu, through the movie like cutscenes and to the gameplay itself. It is a unique experience on the PS3 and one you should not skip over. The environments are greatly varied and you'll find them a pleasure to see. Expand
  69. Nov 14, 2013
    This is the best franchise EVER MADE! If you havent play it yet, than you have to. I really love this game and all the series you really need to play this really great story and gameplay!
  70. Oct 19, 2013
    A masterpiece to say the least. Metal Gears Solid 4 presents one of the best cinematic stories ever told in gaming. It will stay in the hearts of many gamers out there forever. That being said, this game is really for those who have a strong knowledge of the other metal gear solid games. If you haven't played the other games you will be lost in this convoluted tale. The game's story isA masterpiece to say the least. Metal Gears Solid 4 presents one of the best cinematic stories ever told in gaming. It will stay in the hearts of many gamers out there forever. That being said, this game is really for those who have a strong knowledge of the other metal gear solid games. If you haven't played the other games you will be lost in this convoluted tale. The game's story is really only at its best with the knowledge of the other games in the back of your head. The gameplay is great as well. Drebin points allow you to unlock an impressive array of weapons and other equipment. The Boss battles are also very well crafted; frantic, fun and keeps you on your feet (Not to mention they are sexy as hell near the end of each battle). A great game that balances true cover based gunplay with awesome stealth options as well. Guns blazing or keep it stealthy. Either way, they gameplay is amazing

One of the best stories in gaming and some really engaging gameplay MGS 4 should be a must play game for any gamer who wants a truly immersive and masterful experience.
  71. Sep 8, 2013
    Simply one of the absolute greatest games I have ever played. Instead of telling you what's GREAT about it because you can read any of the good reviews to know that, I'm going to tackle the criticisms.

Cutscenes The total length of time for the cutscenes clocks in at about 9.5 hours. That seemed a lot to me at first, but the scenes are so well done that if you are a fan of the series then you won't care.

Graphics They're fantastic, especially for 2008's standards.

Story I thought MGS2 was a bit convoluted, but this one was pretty easy to follow.

Gameplay This one I didn't get. I played the game the way it should be played (Stealthily) and I thought there was plenty of gameplay. I also like exploring and acquiring items. If you just Rambo your way through the game then yeah, it's gonna feel light on gameplay, but these games aren't SUPPOSED to be played that way.

With that said, I understand these games aren't for everyone, and I wouldn't suggest this to anyone who hasn't played any of the other games. It does, however, deserve a 10 in my opinion.
  72. Sep 7, 2013
    Hideo Kojima does it again. This game is a true masterpiece, and I don't say this lightly.
    If you are a fan of The Metal Gear Solid franchise you know what I mean when I say that most games directed by Hideo Kojima feels like an interactive movie and this one is not the exception.

The graphics were at the top the gaming industry when this game came out and I can say it's still better than most games that have been recently released.
    The story is so well written and has even an underline philosophical profoundness to it, every scene is beautifully thought of.
    Character wise this game is amazing, a LOT of characters from previous MGS titles return, and like always even the villains are so perfectly created that you seem to empathise with them to some degree.

Solid Snake (Probably one of my favorite vg characters of all time) is back for what seems to be his last adventure, and in the end everything finishes on a perfect note.

Cant wait for the next instalment of Metal Gear Solid. In the meantime, if you haven't played this game I highly recommend you pick it up, and if you haven't played any of the MGS games and want to check out the MGS Legacy Collection for PS3.
  73. Aug 26, 2013
    This game is a legend in it's own right. Hideo Kojima did an amazing job for this game and it is a thrilling conclusion to Solid Snake. The game is truly breathtaking. The visuals are some of the best on the system and the splatter effects are quite well implemented. Environments are fantastic. All are well detailed and just a pure joy to explore. Sound is also used very well, you can hearThis game is a legend in it's own right. Hideo Kojima did an amazing job for this game and it is a thrilling conclusion to Solid Snake. The game is truly breathtaking. The visuals are some of the best on the system and the splatter effects are quite well implemented. Environments are fantastic. All are well detailed and just a pure joy to explore. Sound is also used very well, you can hear everything that is going on around you. Gameplay is great. Everything fits well. People may complain that it is a bit like a third-person shooter game, but there are many moments were stealth can and is implemented. The Drebin Shop system is a unique addition to the game. It is surprising about how well Kojima implemented it into the game. People may also complain about that. Here's an interesting bit of trivia, you don't have to use it if you don't want to. The game also carries over the stealth mechanics of camouflage from MGS3 and it works well with the game. Another new addition is the Psyche Gauge. It works much like the stamina gauge from MGS3, but this gauge is affected by stress that Solid Snake feels in the game, such as when he is being chased by guards or in an intense firefight. To replenish it, one must find a place to hide and wait for Snake's stress to lower so that the Psyche can recover. It's well used and it makes sense, after all, Snake is old. Controls are really tight. It works really well. The soundtrack is great. The orchestral scores are easily some of the best in the series. Boss battles are incredibly memorable and are some of the best. The last fight, is easily the best in the series. Lastly, the story is amazing. People complain about the long cutscenes, but you can pause it. The cutscenes are paint easily the most fantastic story in all of gaming. And people complain about how the story is unlikely. That is not true. The Patriots is a secret society, and our world is full of them. War is a present theme of the story, and it's foretelling a war economy which our world seems to be going towards slowly. As for the nanomachines, well, it is entirely possible. The story is beautiful, yet bleak and completely possible. The story is sad because all throughout it, people who are close to Snake die and soldiers on because he knows that unless he beats Liquid, all their deaths would be in vain. The story is the best part, and anyone who says otherwise are ignorant and don't understand Kojima's vision. It's so easy to talk about everything about this game. In total this game is perfect. 10/10. This game is worth any price, and it is a pure joy to play Expand
  74. Aug 21, 2013
    Metal Gear Solid 4 is just a masterpiece! Hideo did it again, he manage to create another MGS better and better than the last. but every MGS are beyond expectation, there's nothing not to love in the franchise. it got everything. It's really complex, but that's the way we love MGS.
  75. Jul 19, 2013
    I have played Metal Gear Solid 2, Metal Gear Solid 3 and they are amazing, epic and both have epic stories and gameplay but i can't just compare them to Metal Gear Solid 4. This game is E.P.I.C. The cut screens may be huge but they are important to the story. Everything is perfect in this game, the characters, the gameplay, THE SONGS (Epic soundtrack). A huge amount of emotions is presentI have played Metal Gear Solid 2, Metal Gear Solid 3 and they are amazing, epic and both have epic stories and gameplay but i can't just compare them to Metal Gear Solid 4. This game is E.P.I.C. The cut screens may be huge but they are important to the story. Everything is perfect in this game, the characters, the gameplay, THE SONGS (Epic soundtrack). A huge amount of emotions is present in this game from the beginning to the end, this game won't disappoint long therm fans or newcomers. One of the best action/ stealth game ever and one of the best PS3 games. I could tell you 100 more things that make this game perfect, but i will just tell you the top reasons:
    1. Epic story.
    2. Great (Boss) fights.
    3. Epic soundtrack (the main menu music is so good).
    4. Great gameplay, great weapons and gadgets.
    5. Great war atmosphere.
    6. Great cut screens.
    7. Epic ending.
    8. I don't know if i forgot anything but i think that are the most important reasons.

I like Konami games, especially Metal Gear Solid and Silent Hill but this is my favorite Konami game.
  76. Jun 28, 2013
    What an amazing conclusion to Old Snake's story. The gameplay may be smaller when compared to other games and in the opinion of gamers that are more gameplay than story. The story is unrealistic but when has a game had a vivid and realistic story. The story is the product of a genius and it is even more rewarding if you've played the entire series. While the gameplay may have been short itWhat an amazing conclusion to Old Snake's story. The gameplay may be smaller when compared to other games and in the opinion of gamers that are more gameplay than story. The story is unrealistic but when has a game had a vivid and realistic story. The story is the product of a genius and it is even more rewarding if you've played the entire series. While the gameplay may have been short it was still was enjoyable and ran smoothly. No game-breaking bugs or glitches actually I don't believe there were any glitches or bugs. Graphics are so good that even games today can hardly compare them. AI corresponds and adapts to your difficulty with BIG BOSS EXTREME being the most difficult. The only this game a 9/10 is because so many gamers dislike the cut scenes so I do to be fair. This is not a game for people who don't the time to enjoy the story because in the end the story is the supreme feature of this game. Conspiracies, check. Old Snake, check. Stealth and espionage, check. Guns, check. Camouflage, check. Greatest video game I've ever bought, triple check. Expand
  77. Jun 27, 2013
    Five years later this game still holds up as one of the best ever released on the console. Everything about it is perfect for fans of the title's previous releases. Yeah, there are a lot of cut scenes, but you know that's going to happen when you're walking into a MGS game. Bottom line, one of the best games ever made on any system.
  78. Jun 16, 2013
    Completed this game around 9 times, and believe me it does not get old, If you do buy this, remember you will be investing in a franchise because after completing this you will definalty be addicted and will probably spend tonnes of money paying for all the others.
  79. Jun 13, 2013
    What can I say?
    It was such a delight playing this superb game.
    It has everything that an art fan want to check on a piece of art. Metal Gear Solid 4 is the reason that i play video-games, it really can fill my need to trans-hip my mind, or meditate during the little time that I have with a controller in my life. Yes, you may say that the action is a little bit jammed or sticky, or
    What can I say?
    It was such a delight playing this superb game.

It has everything that an art fan want to check on a piece of art.
    Yes, you may say that the action is a little bit jammed or sticky, or the complexity of asian novels during the cutscenes is too high, or the battles of some super big robots reminds you asian animes or comics, well, that's just a small part that in nothing harms the game itself. Because the profundity of the story and characters is so immense and emotional that your ''judging mind'' will completely disappear.
    As the moral values and the nowadays problems who affects not just soldiers but ''us'' too.
    The perfections of a whole, make the imperfections perfections.
  80. Jun 11, 2013
    Kojima and Konami had the same vision as the fans as to what next generation console gaming should have been. Many had that vision, but very few could achieve it.
    MGS4 shows how incredible games would be today if developers still poured their hearts into their projects regardless of how long it took and didn't have to constantly give in to shareholders and publishers. The story, visuals, music, boss battles, controller mapping, everything in MGS4 was flawless. I wish more games were this complete.
    9.7
  81. May 13, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ending of a great man, solid snake. I always liked the solid snake more than big boss so this might be the best, epic, last solid snake appearing game in the series. Bosses are a bit lame, and some conversions are a bit long (especially on the plane and briefing scenes). Expand
  82. Apr 19, 2013
    I am a huge fan of the metal gear series and mgs 4 is one of if not the best one yet. the game is well polished and i find it hard to criticise it. if i had to say one bad thing about the game it would be that the game can sometimes seem to be more cutscenes than gameplay but if you are a long time fan of the series you will be used to this and it will be but a minor problem. overallI am a huge fan of the metal gear series and mgs 4 is one of if not the best one yet. the game is well polished and i find it hard to criticise it. if i had to say one bad thing about the game it would be that the game can sometimes seem to be more cutscenes than gameplay but if you are a long time fan of the series you will be used to this and it will be but a minor problem. overall kojima continues to deliver a high quality gaming experience with great gameplay, cutscenes and story telling Expand
  83. Apr 9, 2013
    It was so sad to see the end of this game since I wanted to continue it still for hours and hours! The perfect end for a perfect game! The only one not perfect thing could be just found in the cut-scenes lenght which I really enjoied but I admit that I heard a lot of complains about this.
  84. Apr 6, 2013
    if not the best PS3 game ever created the series should have stayed PS3 exclusive now the series kinda sucks all they are making are prequels MGS4 is the perfect conclusion to the metal gear saga i dont want any prequels or sequels that will mess up this master piece cuz doing that is only messing up the series further more Kojima please cancel MGS V
  85. Apr 1, 2013
    An amazing game. A must have for everyone. The cut scenes are damn long and give the game that cinematic feeling. The controls are changed to be more like modern shooters like Uncharted or Gears of War. It even put in a cover system (Well kind of. It was more meant to press against walls for stealth, but it can act as cover.) Just to tell you, there is less gameplay in MGS4 than theAn amazing game. A must have for everyone. The cut scenes are damn long and give the game that cinematic feeling. The controls are changed to be more like modern shooters like Uncharted or Gears of War. It even put in a cover system (Well kind of. It was more meant to press against walls for stealth, but it can act as cover.) Just to tell you, there is less gameplay in MGS4 than the others. One thing good about the cut scenes is you can pause them. It's highly recommended that you play the previous games or at least know the previous game's stories as the game makes references from the old games and use them for story elements. Especially characters. There are a lot of weapons and items, but a lot of them are lethal which is a little odd to me. The game also seems to like to use psychology from time to time. This is seen in characters, as a gameplay element, and some story elements. Unfortunately, Metal Gear Online as been shut down so don't expect seeing it. Overall this is the best game in terms of stealth (screw you Assassin's Creed.) I would give this game a 100. But I can't. That sucks. Expand
  86. Apr 1, 2013
    Unbelievable. If you've ever wanted to and cum in your pants at the same time, play this game. It tops Snake Eater and Sons of Liberty. The story is better than most movies, TV shows or whatever
  87. Mar 27, 2013
    The final act of Solid Snake is here, a perfect ending for his story.

PROS: Plot, Graphics, design, music, voices, gameplay, online... As usual, mostly. CONS: Only fans of the saga will enjoy completely the plot of this game. The story is very intricate and complicated, so if this is your first time with a MGS game... Is the easiest MGS, isn't too difficult like others games
    The final act of Solid Snake is here, a perfect ending for his story.

PROS:

Plot, Graphics, design, music, voices, gameplay, online... As usual, mostly.

CONS:

Only fans of the saga will enjoy completely the plot of this game. The story is very intricate and complicated, so if this is your first time with a MGS game... Is the easiest MGS, isn't too difficult like others games in the saga because we have more options and helps in our mission.

Install each act.
  88. Mar 26, 2013
    Metal gear solid 4: Guns of the Patriots is the greatest game I have ever played. Plain and simple. Incredible breathtaking story with a completely new control scheme that offers some of the most innovative stealth mechanics to date. A pure masterpiece all the way to its core. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this game. It's as perfect as a video game could possibly get.
  89. Mar 21, 2013
    Im going to begin with saying: I didnt consider MGS4 a game at all, It wasnt close to being a game. What it was however was a cinematic experience that got me Crying, Laughing and even getting angry because of the characters expressions and voices.

Its an amazing interactive movie, But it sure as hell isnt a full on game So everyone looking for alot of intense gameplay, dont turn this

Its an amazing interactive movie, But it sure as hell isnt a full on game
    So everyone looking for alot of intense gameplay, dont turn this way.
    For everyone who enjoys a good story however i highly recommend this game.

PS: Reason it was pushed down to an 8 was because of a thing in the end game, Dont worry it doesnt really concern the story, it was just incredibly tedious is all.
  90. Mar 20, 2013
    This is my favourite game of all time so I'm probably a little biased towards MGS4. Kojima managed to make one of the greatest sequels ever made which became my favourite game of this generation in the years to come. I'll admit it took a few years for me to actually appreciate the game after playing all of it's predecessor's in the HD collection which is one of the best HD collections outThis is my favourite game of all time so I'm probably a little biased towards MGS4. Kojima managed to make one of the greatest sequels ever made which became my favourite game of this generation in the years to come. I'll admit it took a few years for me to actually appreciate the game after playing all of it's predecessor's in the HD collection which is one of the best HD collections out there at the moment, once I had played through Sons of Liberty, Snake Eater and Peace Walker I returned to Guns of the Patriots. Once completing the game I realised how much I actually appreciated the game, it's amazing story, awesome gameplay, outstanding visuals and those cut-scenes, oh man I love the cut-scenes. The emotional connection I had with the game once the credit's ended, I felt happy and sad at the same time. I won't spoil anything because of the level of perfection in the game but if you want to play it, I recommend that you play MGS1 3 and Peace Walker first to get the full benefit of the game, It's Metal Gear Solid 4: Gun's of the Patriots! Expand
  91. Mar 15, 2013
    Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots is a very enjoyable stealth game with an interesting story and characters, some may complain that the cut-scenes are too excessive as they pop up so often and last long, but if you don't mind that then you will find a gripping experience unlike anything else on the PS3, It's a tricky game to score since it really depends on if you are going to beMetal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots is a very enjoyable stealth game with an interesting story and characters, some may complain that the cut-scenes are too excessive as they pop up so often and last long, but if you don't mind that then you will find a gripping experience unlike anything else on the PS3, It's a tricky game to score since it really depends on if you are going to be bothered by long cut-scenes or not. If you don't mind then this game is definitely worth picking up, but if you don't want your gameplay to be interrupted very frequently then you may be better off picking up something else, nonetheless this is one of the best games on the PS3. Expand
  92. Mar 7, 2013
    Big Boss:"This is good...Isn't it?"
    A Lazy review you say after all those years passed by?
    But i better be lazy or i'll run out of 5000 characters limit we're talking about an end of a solid sake saga right here it's a LONG story.
    Let's just say quality wise there's "No place to hideo!"
  93. nop
    Mar 3, 2013
    PS3 is worth buying for this single game. For me at least. Production values, quality of storytelling, character designs are top-notch. One must be warned though that every Metal Gear game contains many references to previous games in the series and you are losing a lot of fun if not playing them in correct order.
    As other reviewer said, this game is made for fans. Yes, it is over the
    As other reviewer said, this game is made for fans. Yes, it is over the top, story is extremely convoluted and only works if you are familiar with characters already. Yes, I admit that I didn't have patience for some stealth segments because I just wanted to see story unfold or get to next awesome boss battle. Yes, this is a game where story makes up for all the minor flaws and quirks in core gameplay.
    And those who complain about realism should just grow up. Yes, games are not real, get over it.
  94. Feb 26, 2013
    Um jogo OBRIGATÓRIO para quem for adiquirir um PS3: gráficos maravilhosos, história boa e temática, personagens memoráveis retornam. O final bastante decepicionante (mas nem chega perto do final de Mass Effect 3), mas a jogatina boa.
  95. Feb 10, 2013
    On it's own, it's a great stealth game, but if you played the whole series it's even better. If you love the story of Big Boss, and his clones, you have to play this game. What you will get is one of the most satisfying endings of video game history ever.
  96. Feb 9, 2013
    This may just be the best ps3 game i have this is so amazing if anyone says the game sucks because there are too many cut scenes then they have not played any good games this game gave me 12+ hours of fun its just too bad konami stopped online mode before i could try it out.
  97. Jan 20, 2013
    One of the most touching games ever existed or to be exist. Totally worth your money spent on your ps3 system.
  98. Jan 19, 2013
    The story was great. It kept me interested but the final final cut scene really ticked me off in a lot of ways. Ninja Raiden was just a replacement for Grey Fox and he is still as annoying as ever. I was never a huge fan of Solid Snake, but this game actually manages to create an interesting story around him even if the revelations at the end ruin everything.

I love the game play. The

I love the game play. The controls are fantastic. While the early boss fights leave a lot to be desired, the last three are great. The new control system makes Boss fights much more natural and stealth much different. My only problems with the game play would be it being regularly interrupted by cutscenes and each act was shorter then the last. The environments are interesting, but you never get enough of any of them. The game looks great. Even today it's one of the most smooth looking games I've ever played. The returning roster of characters looks great in HD.

The music is just as good as the rest of the franchise, but I wasn't a huge fan of the credits song.

I'm not really sure that Replay value is there. Sure you can get more weapons and all the hidden tracks, but the story is really something that doesn't need replaying. It's good but nothing that is worth sitting through the long cut scenes again.

While in my opinion 3 and Peace Walker sit at the top of the pack, this is definitely the 3rd greatest game in the franchise.
  99. Jan 17, 2013
    It might have a lot cutscenes, but it's still very memorable gaming experiene. Great soundtrack, amazing voice acting and nice gameplay... And too bad people start with MGS4, they're always complaining for those cutscenes, but we all know that MGS is like a movie since 1998
  100. Jan 10, 2013
    Metal Gear Solid 4, in short is a very unique experience which for the most part is enjoyable. The main story took me around 20 hours to complete and delivered a satisfying ending. Handling missions the way the game intends you to is a rewarding feeling which requires a level of skill. The game doesn't hold your hand, which is great but would be even better if it's game play was perfect.Metal Gear Solid 4, in short is a very unique experience which for the most part is enjoyable. The main story took me around 20 hours to complete and delivered a satisfying ending. Handling missions the way the game intends you to is a rewarding feeling which requires a level of skill. The game doesn't hold your hand, which is great but would be even better if it's game play was perfect. Even when mastering the game's controls it would simply be a lie to say that it feels completely fluid. Although it's stealth and shooting mechanics are a major improvement on previous main titles there are times when the game feels sloppy and unresponsive. Visually the game is stunning but other than the 'Old Snake' start menu theme the soundtrack never really stuck out for me. Metal Gear Solid 4 has quite the complicated story line, and it's told through hours of cut scenes. This isn't entirely a bad thing though, as the story they tell is quite interesting. You grow to appreciate the games characters and you understand their relationships with each other as well as their importance to the MGS universe. Unfortunately it's hard to ignore the fact that they are lengthy and at times a chore to sit through. Although some of the action cut scenes were top notch, a handful of story driven ones felt like they could have been reasonably shorter. Boss battles were undeniably the highlight as they were both fun and engaging in a way that makes them very memorable. Although it's hard for me to agree with the countless amount of people who have given this game a 10/10, it does a lot right and is worthy of a 8. Expand

1. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Guns of the Patriots is almost intimidating in the consistent quality of its ideas, invention, and execution...Even by the series' stratospheric standards, MGS4 is a remarkable high point. [June 2008]
    If you've ever loved any one of the Metal Gear games, or any moments from the series, there will come a moment when MGS 4 will send your spirits soaring. If you've loved them all, well then there'll be many, many more. It’s a masterpiece.
  3. Guns of the Patriots is a frustrating, fractured game that turns Metal Gear Solid's world upside down several times over, but never changes it.