8.2

1. Sep 17, 2014
    Great characters and great game in general.The bad point is the non-original story.We are playing metro last light but it seems like all of the others games.But except for this, I recommend it.
  2. Jun 25, 2014
    I wouldn't play it for the story, but the atmosphere and the post-apocalyptic world they created is spectacular. The mechanics are similar to most other shooters, but with solid and optional stealth added. That element is however not that exciting since you can just shoot the light-sources and sneak easily past most encounters.

Again, the story is there but not the main attraction. The

Again, the story is there but not the main attraction. The game presents the story as a central attraction, but I'm not sure how worthwhile it is anyway.

The base game is just the campaign with a chapter selector. It doesn't seem like much, but the trophies are spread in different play-styles so it still feels like a pretty big game, and the game world is big, though linear.

Is the game tense? Yep, in some places. It switches between exploration, NPCs, stealth, and straight-up action. Those elements were balanced in an unpredictable and entertaining way.

The graphics and settings make the game feel quite realistic, but the fantasy elements broke my immersion a few times, because I didn't follow the logic that suddenly got bend by the 'magic' elements.
  3. May 8, 2014
    Metro Last Light was is what you get when you take a polished top quality shooter, knock it to the ground and choke the ever-loving joy out of it. I struggled through it and was relieved when it was finished.

The story line was convoluted, difficult to follow and -- at times -- absolutely ridiculous, minimising much more interesting human characters and focusing on a strange supernatural plot that had be groaning throughout the last third of the campaign.

The gameplay ranged from way too easy (particularly the stealth components) to way too hard (the extremely difficult mutant battles). I ended up sticking with the same arsenal for most of the campaign which felt dull and monotonous but with little other viable choices available. The focus on equipment management (namely gas mask filters and battery charging) detracts from the gameplay considerably rather than adding additional layers to the experience.

Ammunition is either a famine or a feast, and instead of adding adrenaline and a sense of desperation, it just left me with a sense of frustration and a feeling of being ripped off. Killing a boss with a knife because there is not a single damage-inflicting item in your kit feels like a wasted experience.

Whilst the graphics are pretty and some of the flourishes are pretty cool (for example, wiping blood off the gas mask), the overall environment is just.... depressing. Not only bleak in tone, but small, miserly and particularly linear.

Overall, this game was a real struggle to complete... not just working past the more difficult action sequences, but coming up with the will to find out what happens to characters that I just didn't care about in a world that I never want to see again.
  4. May 2, 2014
    I couldn't get past the first 2 or 3 hours of this one. It looked pretty and all, but how many stealthy, cramped FPS with Nazis in them do we need anymore? I thought maybe there would be a creep factor to it, but sadly, there was none to be had in my time with it. I enjoyed the first one more in that respect, but the crappy gunplay and frustrating facemask sh*t ended my time with thatI couldn't get past the first 2 or 3 hours of this one. It looked pretty and all, but how many stealthy, cramped FPS with Nazis in them do we need anymore? I thought maybe there would be a creep factor to it, but sadly, there was none to be had in my time with it. I enjoyed the first one more in that respect, but the crappy gunplay and frustrating facemask sh*t ended my time with that one. Bummer, dude. Expand
  5. Apr 23, 2014
    I am speechless... Had this game for quite some time waiting for me, almost hiding among a long list of games i own and haven't played yet. Three days ago i decided to play something new, still un-played from my library. I saw Metro: LL there, cover in dust, still in wraps... and i thought it was going to be another generic shooter. I hesitated... but what the hell, i payed money for thisI am speechless... Had this game for quite some time waiting for me, almost hiding among a long list of games i own and haven't played yet. Three days ago i decided to play something new, still un-played from my library. I saw Metro: LL there, cover in dust, still in wraps... and i thought it was going to be another generic shooter. I hesitated... but what the hell, i payed money for this thing, lets give it a try.

Three days latter i finish the game. And as i stated above, i was left speechless. Thanks God i was wrong!

A shooter is a shooter. Aim, shoot, reload and repeat until you see the ending. If u get killed no problem, just hit continue and hit them harder. If u play by the formula, sooner or latter you are gonna see the credits rolling with the awesome felling you are a super-soldier because you went trough the game on the hardest difficulty. Bravo! You are awesome!

Well, things doesn't work that way In Metro: LL. That is why this game is not your everyday shooter. Hitting them harder will only get you killed. This game require a lucid mind that can stay sharp even when in danger. If you play this game in easy or normal difficulty, no problem, just keep your gun up and happy trigger anything that moves on your field of view. But... surviving this game on Hard or Ranger difficulty will truly put your skills to the test. And don't be confuse, i don't mean aim better, take less hits classic formula. I mean that you have to think on how to do the things before doing them or then you are gonna end dead no matter how well prepared is your arsenal.

Another great plus is the story. Yep, the story! The story is not perfect, but as a stand alone game is great, when compared to another shooter is a masterpiece. I was not expecting anything more than well implemented gameplay mechanics. But then again, i was wrong.

So, here is my verdict:

VISUALS: 9 (Texture pop-in kills the illusion some times.)
    GAMEPLAY: 10 (You will understand why a 10 when you ran out of mask-filters.)
    AUDIO: 10 (You can orientate and locate enemy fire by sound - given that you use surround 5.1.)
    STORY: 9 (You can always expect more... but is a well written/directed experience.)
    CONTROLS: 9 (For console controls are complex, you will make mistakes when in tension.)
    OVERALL PRESENTATION - QUALITY: 10 (Cant think of a way to improve game quality.)

I highly recommend this game for anyone looking for a shooter-survival experience. Do not forget to try Hard or Ranger mode, there is where the magic happens!
  6. Mar 22, 2014
    Metro: Last Light defines what a FPS/horror game should be like. Although the previous game, Metro 2033, did not hit a high mark in reviews, it still held a good platform for Metro: Last Light to stand on and excel in almost everything. Metro: Last Light hits high notes on almost everything from: shooting mechanics, dialogue, guns, enemies etc. I loved the story for Last Light, it was darkMetro: Last Light defines what a FPS/horror game should be like. Although the previous game, Metro 2033, did not hit a high mark in reviews, it still held a good platform for Metro: Last Light to stand on and excel in almost everything. Metro: Last Light hits high notes on almost everything from: shooting mechanics, dialogue, guns, enemies etc. I loved the story for Last Light, it was dark and sometimes even moving and emotional. It takes place right after the events of Metro 2033 leaving you playing as the character, Artyom, from the previous game. He is a Ranger who works alongside The Order. And without spoiling anything, the clash between the other clans is really cool. Although, playing Metro 2033 isn't necessary, I'd still recommend it. There are a lot of conversations and characters from the previous games that may make you confused with the plot and locations. Either way, I'd recommend this game to anyone who is a fan of the series, or the genre, or if you're looking for something "fresh" to play. Expand
  7. Mar 8, 2014
    A definite improvement over it's predecessor. It manages to make up for all of the first's gameplay deficiencies while managing to keep the fantastic atmosphere, story, and setting going. Truth be told, thanks to the improvements made to the first's formula, this is exactly what one could ask for in regards to a sequel.

As with the first the setting and atmosphere are top-notch. The new

As with the first the setting and atmosphere are top-notch. The new graphical style does take out some of the creepy darkness the first game had, and the game isn't as scary as a whole, but this is still a world I was completely invested and absorbed in. It feels realistic and alive. The story is also fantastic, picking up after the events of the first game and introducing characters new and old. It's excellent and filled with plenty of memorable moments as well as twists and turns. These are the areas I was expecting "Last Light" to succeed, and it didn't let me down.

My main problems with the first game (which I enjoyed anyway) revolved around the gameplay. Thankfully the shooting and stealth are much better here. The shooting and shootouts are much more entertaining this time around, thanks to things like improved controls and enemy AI. Stealth also actually works this time around, and some of my favorite moments with this game involved me sneaking stealthily around enemies and avoiding combat. As someone who has never really enjoyed taking the stealthy approach, that's saying something for this game's improved stealth mechanics. Just like with the first game I still love the survival based gameplay. Scrounging for ammo and supplies, managing flashlight power, and keeping a check on my gas mask filters all return here and are still a blast. This game is an improvement upon all of the gameplay mechanics of the first game, making for a much more playable experience. Some truly irritating technical issues do plague the game, and some combat encounters can be incredibly frustrating thanks to mutant enemies with cheap melee attacks, but overall this is a tight, smooth, polished, and most importantly fun gameplay experience.

"Metro: Last Light" is an excellent game. One that proves that FPS games can replace an emphasis on multiplayer with a lengthy, story-driven campaign and still be highly replayable and worth a purchase. It also proves that just because a first game was flawed, doesn't mean it's sequel will repeat the same mistakes. "Last Light" is a refreshing, atmospheric, and highly enjoyable FPS that I highly recommend you give a shot.
  8. Mar 5, 2014
    Highly scripted adventure with weak story and laughable unconvincing characters. Gameplay is actually quite good but scripts ruin everything - you cannot defeat bosses with grenades if the game-designers did not include such an option. 5/10 for tidy stealth gameplay.
  9. Mar 2, 2014
    I'm not enjoying this game and find I have to push myself just to give it another chance. It seems like it has potential, but I got bored fairly early in the game. The story is alright ... nothing amazing. The weapons are okay, but they're not a lot of fun. The dumb and buggy AI ruins the experience for me; they just make the firefights boring. The stealth is not well done. You can creepI'm not enjoying this game and find I have to push myself just to give it another chance. It seems like it has potential, but I got bored fairly early in the game. The story is alright ... nothing amazing. The weapons are okay, but they're not a lot of fun. The dumb and buggy AI ruins the experience for me; they just make the firefights boring. The stealth is not well done. You can creep up next to an enemy without them sensing you, and then stabbing them looks very unrealistic.
    Like I said, the game has good potential, but these issues I mentioned ruin the experience for me.
  10. Feb 18, 2014
    I have to say, the first impressions of Metro: Last Light were incredibly pleasing. This FPS, like FarCry 3, gives you endless possibilities of going through the wonderfully designed levels, with its Metar Gear Solid-inspired gameplay that is just spot on.
    Half the game in, I started having problems. Not with the gameplay that is just excellent, but the way the game was developing itself.. The story started to take an unnecessary confusing turn, and the whole "shoot-em-up" linear thing started to being forced into the gameplay. Still, free with PS Plus and at amazing prices on retail stores and steam, Metro: Last Light is a game you want to play.
    The story of Artyom, a psychological-doubted man who has done pretty nasty things to save the Metro, where the citizens of Moscow live after a devastating nuclear war, starts off well. He is responsible for the extinction of the Dark Ones, a species that once, when he was young, saved him from the horrible mutated creatures above. With one last Dark One alive and a war surging in the Metro, Artyom starts asking himself some really serious moral questions, and goes on a journey in and out the Metro to discover them.
    It is a much more developed plot that its predecessor, Metro 2033. Still, after some time, the narration gets so complex (in a bad way) the story disappears into a bunch of greatly executed levels and missions, that are poorly written, and an anticlimatic ending that is just plain and disappointing. And the Voice Acting isn't the best either. The rather boring dialogue is played by voice actors who have a pretty strange russian accent. They all sound like the most twisted and perverted human being ever (Maybe it's my prejudice as so many hollywood movies spoiled me with russian villains). But I have seen Russian stuff that was better acted that the crap in this. There are parts I just bursted into laughs.
    The visuals are shockingly amazing. Exploring the Metro, its hopeless environments, are one of the greater things about Metro: Last Light. This environments, though linear, are incredibly detailed and extensive. Hearing the citizens talk about the outside or how they live in the pretty ugly places is just amazing. The textures are crisp, the volumetrical lightning is some of the best in the current-gen right now. I am truly impressed by how it looked on the PS3, and I can barely imagine it on the PC.
    Metro: Last Light is also a scary game, with a tense atmosphere and a sheer amount of enemies that don't mind overwhelming you quickly. It is a challenging game, and the bosses are just as rewarding. So, Metro: Last Light's gameplay and visuals, though flawed storyline, offers an experience few games can deliver. Fear, fun and excitement, Metro: Last Light is full of surprises.
  11. Feb 13, 2014
    Metro: Last Light is a game with lots of atmosphere, with some fun shooting put in. It doesn't do anything excellent, but does allot okay. Graphics wise, it tries to put so much on the screen, that it looks very bland. Nothing really stands out in it, but its really gritty.
  12. Feb 10, 2014
    Metro: Last Light (MLL) is a shooter that delivers both satisfying gameplay and realistic, virbrant environment. After a nuclear warfare that completely destroyed Moscow, mankind now dwells underground as the surface is completely inhabitable. To make things worse animals have mutated into monsters due to the nuclear radiation. That is why in this world civilization made the Moscow metroMetro: Last Light (MLL) is a shooter that delivers both satisfying gameplay and realistic, virbrant environment. After a nuclear warfare that completely destroyed Moscow, mankind now dwells underground as the surface is completely inhabitable. To make things worse animals have mutated into monsters due to the nuclear radiation. That is why in this world civilization made the Moscow metro system their home, stations now cities, but beyond that tunnels are still occupied by monsters. What is impressive is that Deep Silver managed to make the surface of Moscow even scarier than the dark underground. Up there, gas mask is a must and debris and corpses of the old Moscow are everywhere. The world of Metro is simply realistic, fascinating and easily the best part of the game.
    Levels are somewhat linear, but that is not a problem since they are so realistic and carefully designed: just walking in them is a thrill. Different parts of the level, however, are awkwardly connected together. You jump onto ledges instead of climbing onto them; after you fall into water instead of start swimming you will first struggle for a few seconds then automatically teleport to the nearest ground--even if they are a few meters from you.
    MLL is a solid shooter. You can feel the weight and precision of your weapon, which is well designed and can be customized to your needs. Just everything you expect in a fps.
    As is many other post-apocalyptic games nowadays, in MLL survivors are divided into factions that compete with each other for the scarce supply of necessities. You will often run into soldiers of opposing factions, which is when stealth comes into play. Whereas it is satisfying to hide in the shadow of the underground, stealth in MLL is very easy. You have a gadget that conveniently shows if you are in the light (that is, if you are in the brightest of light; you are still considered hidden if the light is not strong enough), and when it indicates you are hidden, human enemies will never see you. And I mean it. You can crouch and walk right into their face and you can bet if they will spot you. (hint: they won't.) You also don't need to do it slowly as you never make any sound. Indeed, not even when people are talking to you. (the protagonist never speaks in the campaign)
    The first half of MLL is by far the better half. This is when you mainly sneak around the tunnels struggling to survive everything there are. In the second half, however, Deep Silver somehow decided that they want to change MLL into a fantasy game. I won't spoil anything important, but you will be given super powers such as seeing through walls and mind reading. Why? While they didn't completely screw it up and at some points I even found myself liking this setting, I'd still prefer it if they kept MLL a pure apocalypse game.
    MLL is a fairly easy game. Although I am on the highest difficulty of hardcore, I hardly need to use any item, which is very, very abundant in the levels. Since around 4 hours into the game I had been fully stocked on everything and never used more than tenth of my money. It will take around 7 hits for enemies to kill you in this highest difficulty, but thankfully human enemies in MLL are pretty good shots and your health regeneration is very slow which evens this up.
    Even with all these issues, MLL is still an overall good game. If you are interested in fascinating worlds of post apocalypse worlds or post-apocalyptic genre in general, MLL is definitely a game to go for.
    Disclaimer: I have noticed that this review is bugged and might appear multiple times in the same list with different ratings in certain occasions. If that is that case please overlook any other version of this review; my rating for Metro is 8.
  13. Feb 10, 2014
    I really really enjoyed this game. This game is as close to a 10/10 for a fps shooter as there is out there, the gameplay is on par with bioshock and so is it's story; it might even be better. I loved the run and gun gameplay with the monsters, and the stealth aspect with human enemies. Scavenging is fun and is recommended and so is stealth; but it's up to you. The postapocalypticI really really enjoyed this game. This game is as close to a 10/10 for a fps shooter as there is out there, the gameplay is on par with bioshock and so is it's story; it might even be better. I loved the run and gun gameplay with the monsters, and the stealth aspect with human enemies. Scavenging is fun and is recommended and so is stealth; but it's up to you. The postapocalyptic atmosphere was amazing and the game threw a little bit of everything at you, even naked woman. The only complaints were the lack of enemy types, maybe a few puzzles, didn't really liked the ending(my opinion). But other than that a very polished story. game with horror elements, suspense, and fun gameplay. 95/100 Expand
  14. Feb 7, 2014
    Metro: Last Light is one of the best games of 2013. It looks absolutely gorgeous. The world feels alive. I hope Metro: Last Light can pave the way for games in the future and teach them a thing or two about immersion. Not only is it one of the best titles of 2013, but it's arguably the most terrifying. Prepare to be scared.

Final Verdict: 9.3
  15. Feb 2, 2014
    The game has improved compared to its predecessor in many areas.
    - The graphics look beautiful.
    - The story is very good.
    - The opponents suffer from weak AI but it is balanced as in the predecessor.
    What I did not like: The first third work well but when you then have to flee from the base, you realize how ill-conceived the pure shooter passages.
    Very sad about it.
  16. Nov 20, 2013
    La verdad es que a mi los shooter no me gustan mucho, exceptuando el Far Cry 3 Spec Ops y poco mas...pero me he quedado muy sorprendido con este juego, es muy parecido al Far Cry 3, puedes ir con sigilo o matando a diestro y siniestro a los soldados, tambien me ha sorprendido el apartado de los monstruos, en algunas partes del juego la tensión es muy grande. Y es que a falta de juegos deLa verdad es que a mi los shooter no me gustan mucho, exceptuando el Far Cry 3 Spec Ops y poco mas...pero me he quedado muy sorprendido con este juego, es muy parecido al Far Cry 3, puedes ir con sigilo o matando a diestro y siniestro a los soldados, tambien me ha sorprendido el apartado de los monstruos, en algunas partes del juego la tensión es muy grande. Y es que a falta de juegos de terror, están los de tensión pura y dura, en este caso Metro es un juegazo que no debes dejar escapar, un juego con una jugabilidad muy buena y unos buenos gráficos, una banda sonora genial y un doblaje a la altura. Un broche de oro al final de la generación y uno de los mejores shooter que he llegado a probar, sin duda lo recomiendo porque es un juego que te hará saltar por mas de un susto, que te sorprenderá los acontecimientos de la trama y que te cautivará su final. Expand
  17. Nov 16, 2013
    When I had heard of Metro Last Light, I wasn't sure what to expect and made up my own theories on what kind of game it would be. Even though Last Light wasn't exactly the game I was expecting, I can't say I'm disappointed for playing it. In fact, the opposite couldn't be truer.

Last Light is the sequel to Metro 2033 and is based on the novel of the same name. After a nuclear war in 2013, the city of Moscow the target of a nuclear attack became so consumed by radiation that humans could no longer live on the surface and had to take shelter in the underground Metro Tunnels. On the surface, animals and humans mutated, creating a new race of creatures known as the Dark Ones, which humans fear. Your protagonist is Artyom, a newly instated Ranger, who was given credit for discovering D6 and destroying the home of the Dark Ones. Your adventures starts when Artyom is informed that there is one last living Dark One. Artyom is then given the mission to find it and destroy it.

Even though the game appears to be a shooter, the main form of gameplay is actually stealth, which was done surprisingly well. Stealth is done mainly in the Metro Tunnels, and uses a Splinter Cell type of gameplay where you stick to the shadows to surprise your enemies. You do this by unscrewing light bulbs and blowing out lanterns to create darkness, allowing you to sneak up and take out your enemies with ease.

Along with stealth, you also have straight up shooting. The shooting is fairly standard and commonly found in most shooting games. However, this form of gameplay is highly discouraged, given the scarcity of ammo. Throughout the game, ammo is hard to come by, and is a precious commodity in the Metro. Because of this, ammo must constantly be scrounged, and is never in a plentiful amount to support constant firefights.The higher the difficulty you choose, the less ammo you'll have overall, so stealth is an absolute must. Because of this, you'll mainly be using your guns to fight the mutants on the surface, where stealth is not a possibility.

The game mainly takes place in the Metro Tunnels, but Artyom will be on the surface as well. The surface is absolutely flooded with radiation, so you'll need to use a gas mask and a plentiful supply of air filters to make sure Artyom lasts. Like ammo, gas masks need to be scavenged, otherwise Artyom will suffocate within a minute. Luckily, scavenging for filters was never a problem, and by the end of the game, I had more filters than I knew what to do with. Although, this does create a lack of tension while on the surface, which has the ability to disappoint fans.

The game does have a superior soundtrack, and well done voice acting, save for the main character Anna, and her pathetically fake accent.

The graphics themselves are a mixed bag. Even though the surface is absolutely beautiful and well designed, the Metro Tunnels are dull, and the facial animations are wooden. So much so that I couldn't see characters talk from a distance of fifteen feet.

Overall, the game's solid stealth and shooting mechanics create a very well structured game which can easily keep you entertained throughout. However, the game does have it's draw backs.

For instance, the game's stealth and shooting were fun, but the game lacked any real change ups, save for the very end of the game. Because of this, the game does seem to drag the last two hours, which leads to both boredom and frustration.

Also, Artyom is another character who refuses to speak, despite having a voice actor. It's clear that Artyom speaks to other people in between chapters, given that characters who Artyom has never met before suddenly know his name. Plenty of games have mute characters, but Artyom was one that didn't really make sense.

Lastly, the game has two different endings, similar to the last game. One ending is more positive and the other is more negative, and the ending you get depends on the choices you made throughout the game. Throughout the stealth missions, you have the option to kill or knock out your enemies and there are many instances in the games where you have the option to kill an enemy or let them live. These enemies are often the antagonists, or unarmed soldiers who have surrendered. Depending on whether you're a more merciful or more homicidal determines what ending you'll get. However, the restriction to getting the positive ending is too strong. Throughout the game I choose to kill a total of 11 men throughout the stealth sequences. Despite being a more merciful version of Artyom, I still got the negative ending, which shows the requirements for the good ending are too restrictive, and should've been more flexible.

Despite the hiccups, Metro Last Light is still fun to play, and a very note worthy experience. Even though the linearity and lack of change ups in gameplay could turn some people off, Last Light is definitely a game worth experiencing.
  18. Sep 25, 2013
    Good first person shooters are rare lately, some of the stealth sections rival TLOU, and the metro has so much character. The gas mask countdown doesn't work for me though, and it feels rushed and is way too short for the money. However except from the usual military Sims it's all we got.
  19. Sep 7, 2013
    Have to agree with Tarsus below. The game is alright but personally it feels like a sub par game. The voice acting is atrocious. The environments, while nicely done, are really small and it feels like I am moving from box to box. The story sucks. It definitely feels more like a PC game and the graphics on PC are excellent but give the game a miss if your buying for consoles. The graphicsHave to agree with Tarsus below. The game is alright but personally it feels like a sub par game. The voice acting is atrocious. The environments, while nicely done, are really small and it feels like I am moving from box to box. The story sucks. It definitely feels more like a PC game and the graphics on PC are excellent but give the game a miss if your buying for consoles. The graphics on the PS3 are terrible. Skyrim looks better then this. Expand
  20. Sep 1, 2013
    This is a very fun stealth/fps hybrid game. The story is good and the visuals are pretty decent for an aging console. The sound is decent but cuts in and out a little bit, and the weapons don't have very much pop. But overall a very satisfying game to play to completions. The game is short 10hrs. on hard but is worth a rent not a buy.
  21. Aug 31, 2013
    Metro Last Light is heavily focused on a great story, great controls, and above average graphics. I wasn't expecting much from this game but it turned out to be one of my favorite games so far this year. I give it an 8 because in the beginning the story is slow, drawn out, and a bit boring. After about the two hour mark this game gets really good. Some people may be put off by the slowMetro Last Light is heavily focused on a great story, great controls, and above average graphics. I wasn't expecting much from this game but it turned out to be one of my favorite games so far this year. I give it an 8 because in the beginning the story is slow, drawn out, and a bit boring. After about the two hour mark this game gets really good. Some people may be put off by the slow start. Its also very linear which may put off many FPS fans. I also felt limited with weapons until midway through the game, but overall I think this is much better than Bioshock Infinite just not as pretty. Give it a try. Expand
  22. Aug 30, 2013
    Metro: Last Light: A mostly good FPS with some decent scares and an amazing environment. Lets start with the best thing about the game: The radiation crazy Moscow, the environments in this game are amazing and truly make you feel like you are actually there along with the realistic details such as changing gas mask filters and wiping your mask. Now this is a good game, not great but good.Metro: Last Light: A mostly good FPS with some decent scares and an amazing environment. Lets start with the best thing about the game: The radiation crazy Moscow, the environments in this game are amazing and truly make you feel like you are actually there along with the realistic details such as changing gas mask filters and wiping your mask. Now this is a good game, not great but good. Purely because the story was all over the place, taking control of Artyom again was entertaining but felt a bit pointless. The way decisions have an effect on your ending is complete garbage, I did everything good and still got the bad ending which made me feel like I had been sucker punched. Weapons: not a great variety and yes, help you against creatures but feel underpowered. A decent game. 7/10 Expand
  23. Aug 19, 2013
    I played this game when it came out and i had not played metro 2033, expecting to not know what i was suppose to be doing or how the character ended up in the situation he was in but one of the good things about this game i found is that it helps to fill in the gaps by recapping back to metro 2033 for people who had just jumped strait in like i did. the overall game play i thought wasI played this game when it came out and i had not played metro 2033, expecting to not know what i was suppose to be doing or how the character ended up in the situation he was in but one of the good things about this game i found is that it helps to fill in the gaps by recapping back to metro 2033 for people who had just jumped strait in like i did. the overall game play i thought was very thrilling and fun, the creeping of the monsters and the reaction of the enemy npc's i thought where very well thought out and some of the best AI i have seen from a game in a long time. the characters of the game i thought where well thought out it seems like a lot of thought had gone into the backgrounds of the characters which you don't often find in many sequel games. the story of the game i think is rather interesting following the back story from metro 2033 it all comes together when the gaps are being filled in as you go on through your journey. the graphics of the game i think are really nice and well thought out environments adding to the ambiance of the game play which adds to the spooky atmosphere really well. overall i give this fps an 8/10 and would recommend it to anyone from a person new to fps games as its really interesting to an experienced fps player as it is very fun to play. Expand
  24. Aug 2, 2013
    I think this game is an art.Best post apocalyptic story ever .They even explaned how dark ones met Artyom and much more so player can understand even he hasnt read book .Gameplay improved atmosphere also even game is linear you wont feel it.Awesome graphics from metro 2033 have been improved and you have 2 endings so you can play game 2 times minimum new cool weapons and fact that youI think this game is an art.Best post apocalyptic story ever .They even explaned how dark ones met Artyom and much more so player can understand even he hasnt read book .Gameplay improved atmosphere also even game is linear you wont feel it.Awesome graphics from metro 2033 have been improved and you have 2 endings so you can play game 2 times minimum new cool weapons and fact that you dont have to kill humans until last level deservs to be art Expand
  25. Jul 26, 2013
    I bought this game on recommendation from one of the employees at a local GameStop. He hadn't let me down before, but this one was definitely a mark against his credibility. Personally, I found that the story wasn't really up to par with other games that are out right now (i.e. Bioshock, The Last of Us, etc.). Another complaint that I had was the voice acting. It was possibly some of theI bought this game on recommendation from one of the employees at a local GameStop. He hadn't let me down before, but this one was definitely a mark against his credibility. Personally, I found that the story wasn't really up to par with other games that are out right now (i.e. Bioshock, The Last of Us, etc.). Another complaint that I had was the voice acting. It was possibly some of the worst voice acting I've seen. Closely related was the AI, which was reminiscent of early PS3 titles like Rainbow 6 Vegas. I also experienced various glitches throughout the part of the game that I could stand to play. The levels were not easy to navigate and I found myself walking around the same area for 10 minutes after I cleared out the enemies. I could only stand to play about half of the game and I returned it the same day I bought it. I don't recommend purchasing this game. Expand
  26. Jul 24, 2013
    well i dont agree to most of the critics as they've stated improved in-game graphics, it just ain't what trailor and game promo has promised, at some extend game story is good, not much variety in guns either, just old stuff from previous version of game.......
  27. Jul 22, 2013
    A very nice, well crafted game. Since it's part Bioshock, part Call of Duty, it'll please a wide range of gamers. The graphics are gorgeous at times and dark (almost scary) at some points, making this a very atmospheric game. It also has a haunting scenario, where you need to survive all sorts of threats in post-apocalyptic Russia (from bandits, to mutants, to Nazis). I wanted more depth,A very nice, well crafted game. Since it's part Bioshock, part Call of Duty, it'll please a wide range of gamers. The graphics are gorgeous at times and dark (almost scary) at some points, making this a very atmospheric game. It also has a haunting scenario, where you need to survive all sorts of threats in post-apocalyptic Russia (from bandits, to mutants, to Nazis). I wanted more depth, though, because most of the time I was more worried about life and ammo than anything else, so in a way the CoD part speaks louder here. But it deserves a look if you are interested even the slightest. Expand
  28. Jun 14, 2013
    I know a lot of people like this game and I can understand why. It was just not my cup of tea. It has a good atmosphere good controls and good graphics but something is missing for me, I do not know what it is but something always felt missing in this game. This game probably deserves a higher score than 7 but the experience I had with the game was a 7 and I will not lie and put it anyI know a lot of people like this game and I can understand why. It was just not my cup of tea. It has a good atmosphere good controls and good graphics but something is missing for me, I do not know what it is but something always felt missing in this game. This game probably deserves a higher score than 7 but the experience I had with the game was a 7 and I will not lie and put it any higher, just my opinion.. Expand
  29. Jun 14, 2013
    If you're into Survival horror games Metro LL is the game you're looking for
    the atmosphere in the game totally immerses the player into the areas you go through
    it's different from the other First person shooters out there even though you have to pay for Ranger Mode by DLC. It's still great game and the game has nudity so don't let kids watch you play. Metro LL is worth picking up and
    If you're into Survival horror games Metro LL is the game you're looking for
    Metro LL is worth picking up and i suggest you download Ranger Mode for a greater experience
  30. Jun 13, 2013
    Game environment and story are huge elements for enjoying a game for me, and I find the world of Metro Last Light to be incredible and the story engaging... the attention to detail in a post-apocalyptic underground metro is gloomy yet alive and vibrant seemingly what could be so close to reality at times... and the bombed-out Moscow on the surface is ghostly and frightening. I reallyGame environment and story are huge elements for enjoying a game for me, and I find the world of Metro Last Light to be incredible and the story engaging... the attention to detail in a post-apocalyptic underground metro is gloomy yet alive and vibrant seemingly what could be so close to reality at times... and the bombed-out Moscow on the surface is ghostly and frightening. I really enjoyed the total immersion of the Ranger Mode/Hardcore mode... Most mild of critical comment is that the NPC AI could have been better at times, I have really enjoyed this game and see it raising the bar for any Fallout 4 effort to get beyond the same'ol found in New Vegas. Thanks to the folks at THQ and 4A for the effort to create a great environment. I will look forward to the story related DLC, but will likely skip the multi-player. A game I found driven by the mood of the environment and story doesn't seem much suited for an MP experience and would only take away from the whole experience for me. Expand

1. Even though Metro: Last Light successfully convinces you that you are actually wandering around in a post-apocalyptic Moscow, a number of technical issues do break the carefully constructed illusion from time to time. [June 2013, p.66]
  2. Jun 9, 2013
    A more coherent and compelling story than the first marred by an occasional lack of direction. [July 2013, p.66]
  3. Jun 4, 2013
    A really good experience. There’s enough here for fans of action, stealth and survival to enjoy. Though the series seems to have moved on from being scary the majority of the time, it does this progression in a way that feels natural.