5.8

1. Jun 6, 2013
    This game is terrible. Let me start off with the bot system. It is the worst I have ever seen in a multiplayer FPS. It is pathetically unfair, with bots able to kill you in one shot from any distance with any gun, whether it is an MP5 or a Benelli M4. Sometimes a bot will spawn right around a corner behind you and take you out. If you get too close, they will knife you (by the way, theThis game is terrible. Let me start off with the bot system. It is the worst I have ever seen in a multiplayer FPS. It is pathetically unfair, with bots able to kill you in one shot from any distance with any gun, whether it is an MP5 or a Benelli M4. Sometimes a bot will spawn right around a corner behind you and take you out. If you get too close, they will knife you (by the way, the knife is incredibly hard to use) and instantly kill you, no matter whether you have armor or not. They are all level 1, so they always use the level 1 weapons, which are the MP5, Benelli M4, UMP45, SPAM-4 (a reskin of the M4) Desert Eagle, Beretta 92FS, Vulture (exactly the same as the Deagle, except slightly browner) or the N8 (another rename, this time of the 92FS) They also get full armor AND a primary weapon every spawn, even though human players can't afford it. The maps are bland, badly designed, boring, and too big for the 16 max players to have much action. The connection and loading times are about as long as on their mobile games. The multiplayer interaction is nonexistent, with not even a chat box to be had. The graphics are bad, and the lighting is very dull, dark and depressing. This hybrid of Counter-Strike and Call of Duty is worse than average. If you want something better than this, go play some AAA title like COD, Battlefield, or Counter-Strike. The original Counter-Strike is the same price, and even though the graphics are very dated, it's a lot more fun than this, and has a community that is a lot larger than this. I think that Gameloft's specialty is at mobile games, and that they should stay with mobile games. Expand
  2. Jan 11, 2013
    I got this game for $1 on a PS3 store sale and had more fun with it than many stapled on multiplayer modes to $60 single player games. It is very basic and cheap looking but the gameplay is a lot of fun once you get use to the slow pace. The running speed is about the normal speed for most shooters these days. The gameplay is very balanced for those of us who just want to shoot peopleI got this game for $1 on a PS3 store sale and had more fun with it than many stapled on multiplayer modes to $60 single player games. It is very basic and cheap looking but the gameplay is a lot of fun once you get use to the slow pace. The running speed is about the normal speed for most shooters these days. The gameplay is very balanced for those of us who just want to shoot people online and don't want to play 150 hours to get equipment that is really needed to be competitive. Nobody being annoying on voice chat is a real plus. A lot of fun for almost nothing in money. Expand
  3. Dec 4, 2011
    This game is okay in my opinion. It's controls are clunky, it's graphics are sub-par, but it does have strengths in it's replay ability. It reminds me of Counter-Strike in it's ranked multiplayer but does a poor job at copying what makes Counter-Strike so great.
  4. Nov 6, 2011
    A small game with limited set of multiplayer options, however I bought it to test out the move sharpshooter with modern FPS games. Here to say it's very odd getting used to it, where your short lifespan in the twitch-shooter makes it harder to get over the steep learning curve, but initial impressions are a fun new way to play these games.

I'd add more if they had a good co-operative

I'd add more if they had a good co-operative online element and note that for non-Move users this is probably a little more lacking (6-7 /10) but overall it's at core what Gameloft does best - find a successful game (CoD MW - online) and copy most of it with a few aesthetic changes and then sell at a fraction of the price.
  5. Oct 10, 2011
    incredible value for money, and a great distraction for those who've exhausted the tier-1 shooters. at full price and with a solo element, it could punch at its weight. as it is, this is unbeatable.
  6. Jun 22, 2011
    The game is OK. Its a pretty standard shooter, with bland graphics, rather forgettable maps, and generic gameplay. It is worth the $8 if you are in dire need of a shooter, otherwise, just let this one be. It didn't take me long to start shooting the crap out of people who were level 50 which is a positive. This game supports PlayStation Move, but I felt it didn't add a whole lot to theThe game is OK. Its a pretty standard shooter, with bland graphics, rather forgettable maps, and generic gameplay. It is worth the $8 if you are in dire need of a shooter, otherwise, just let this one be. It didn't take me long to start shooting the crap out of people who were level 50 which is a positive. This game supports PlayStation Move, but I felt it didn't add a whole lot to the game, and as with my other shooters, I reverted back to my standard Dualshock 3 controller. Weapons must be repurchased at the beginning of each life in game, and if you have nothing, then you better be skilled with the knife and pistol for a few rounds. I've played better sub $10 shooters like Battlefield 1943, but for the value, this game is still worth a look, just don't expect a Call of Duty, Battlefield, Socom or whatever FPS you have experience. Expand
  7. Jun 11, 2011
    Although not many maps for this game it does provide a very balanced experience. The weapons are increasingly more powerful as you level up but you have to get the kills in to earn the money to rebuy once you die or start a new game. Have a bad time of it then its back to the standard guns for you. Id say this game is more counter strike than a world thats obsessed with CoD, I think itsAlthough not many maps for this game it does provide a very balanced experience. The weapons are increasingly more powerful as you level up but you have to get the kills in to earn the money to rebuy once you die or start a new game. Have a bad time of it then its back to the standard guns for you. Id say this game is more counter strike than a world thats obsessed with CoD, I think its much more tactical. Also Move does actually work - shame you cant select Move only servers but still the shooting is accurate enough to compete at some level against dual shock controllers. Talking of servers they are bliss, excellent and cant think of a time I couldnt connect or I got booted for whatever reason other than a powercut. While the game doesnt provide ANY thing new it does bring back retro combat FPS to a genre thats firmly up its own arse, personally Im sick of CoD and doubt Ill buy another one. When games like this are of the PSN Ill save my £32 and spend it on something useful. Expand
  8. Jan 31, 2011
    This is a classic case where you need to simply look at the price point. The game plays better than expected for an 8 dollar title, but it's not quite near the polish of some of the powerhouse FPS out there. This all should come at little surprise. I have fun playing this game, the competition is mostly solid, and it reminds me of my good old Counter Strike days. If you have the 8 bucksThis is a classic case where you need to simply look at the price point. The game plays better than expected for an 8 dollar title, but it's not quite near the polish of some of the powerhouse FPS out there. This all should come at little surprise. I have fun playing this game, the competition is mostly solid, and it reminds me of my good old Counter Strike days. If you have the 8 bucks available, and are tired of, or don't own Call of Duty, I fully recommend purchasing this game. Expand
  9. Jan 26, 2011
    To start off this game Demo is not representative of what you get in the full game. The demo has countless network issues and only one game mode (Boom & Bust ) This game mode isn't the most easy for newcomers to the game. Also Joining game is much easier in the full game, you just have to search for games yourself and bypass the stupid play online now feature that place you in next toTo start off this game Demo is not representative of what you get in the full game. The demo has countless network issues and only one game mode (Boom & Bust ) This game mode isn't the most easy for newcomers to the game. Also Joining game is much easier in the full game, you just have to search for games yourself and bypass the stupid play online now feature that place you in next to empty or boring matches. This game has gameplay modes for casual gamers ( team deathmatch, deathmatch.) But it has also hardcore very competitive game modes ( Domination, Objectives) for veteran gamer. For me this where this game is at it's best. When playing with players with headphones the game gets very strategic and fun...

Sure the game has some rough edges but I guess that had to be expected for a budjet shooter.

We can say this game has awesome value for money. It is very addicting. I can't believe you can get a shooter like this for 8$$$. Overall I really like the game so far.... Keep that kill streak up and it's !!!MONEY!!!!
  10. Jan 26, 2011
    Modern Combat: Domination is really competitive, refreshing and addictive. With a level system up to 72, 5 maps, 6 game-play types and 9 dollars: I bought it right away. Combats are intense and quick. The graphics are great, but some maps could get more sounds environment events.
    I rate it 10 because I'm really happy to get a cs like game on console, but without my emotions it deserve at least a 9.0. My point of view.
  11. Jan 24, 2011
    This game isn't to bad. the graphics are ok, nothin special. the game play is ok as well. the level design leaves to much for campers, and the hit detection is pretty poor, especially from long range. there are tons of similarities to counterstrike. this game actually has nothing in common with call of duty. its slower, you have to buy your weapons every round. you have a health bar, andThis game isn't to bad. the graphics are ok, nothin special. the game play is ok as well. the level design leaves to much for campers, and the hit detection is pretty poor, especially from long range. there are tons of similarities to counterstrike. this game actually has nothing in common with call of duty. its slower, you have to buy your weapons every round. you have a health bar, and you can equip diferent gear, like grenades and body armor. by the way it takes way to many bullets to kill some one in this game. all in all its ok, nothin special, but if you need filler till killzone 3 comes out..well just go buy killzone 2. Expand
  12. Jan 24, 2011
    So-so game. I've played much better and much worse but for a sub $10 game it's a pretty good deal paticularly considering that's cheaper than a rental at Blockbuster. I put about 3 hours into before turning it off and going back to COD. This game feels like a Counter Strike wanna-be but with a little less charm. There are $60 games out there that don't do online shooting as well as thisSo-so game. I've played much better and much worse but for a sub $10 game it's a pretty good deal paticularly considering that's cheaper than a rental at Blockbuster. I put about 3 hours into before turning it off and going back to COD. This game feels like a Counter Strike wanna-be but with a little less charm. There are $60 games out there that don't do online shooting as well as this and there are $60 games that are way better (COD in my opinion). My only real gripe with this game is the lighting, it seems very dark and it makes it difficult to see down the sight of your gun. If the brighten up the lighting a bit, maybe iron out some of the bugs (like trying to get into a game) they would have a good thing going. A decent effort with the $7 to kill a few hours, heck you might even find the slower/more tactical pace relieving over the hyperfast COD type shooters. Definately worth a look. Expand
  13. Jan 23, 2011
    Great mix of CounterStrike and CoD's multiplayer at a cheap price makes this a crazy deal. The MP is a little slower paced than CoD's. There is no real overpowering weapon and they must be re-purchased after every round or death. Anyone can jump in with higher lvl players and still be effective and have fun.
  14. Jan 22, 2011
    Modern Combat: Domination is incredible value for money at only £6.50 (Playstation Plus members can purchase for a reduced price). Set across a 5 different maps, this is an online FPS which sits nicely between COD and Medal of Honor. There are the usual array of modes, Deathmatch (Free for All); Team Deathmatch; Domination; Escorting; and Boom for Bust. The maps feel and lookModern Combat: Domination is incredible value for money at only £6.50 (Playstation Plus members can purchase for a reduced price). Set across a 5 different maps, this is an online FPS which sits nicely between COD and Medal of Honor. There are the usual array of modes, Deathmatch (Free for All); Team Deathmatch; Domination; Escorting; and Boom for Bust. The maps feel and look great, have good texture and lighting and it all moves smoothly. Each round you start with a certain amount of cash. From there you're able to buy your choice of loadout to start the round with. Straight out the box you're given the option of an MP5 or Shotgun as your main weapon, with a pistol as standard for your side. After picking your weapons you'll to decide how to spend the cash you're left over on grenades and armour. The whole process is simple and feels similar to the loadout screens in MAG.

If you're successful in stringing a killstreak together you're rewarded with more cash which means when you next spawn you can purchase improved weapons, more grenades and stronger armour. Within each section is the option to upgrade each item to your own specifications. It gives it a certain depth while still keeping to it's roots of being a simple and straightforward shooter. The game is also compatible with Move. It's fair to say motion control is still in its infancy and I must admit the regular dualshock controller (which has COD config as standard) feels more at home than the Move one, however once you get used to the sensitivity (I turned mine right down which helped massively!), you can get in a rythmn and it's definitely enjoyable.

The only slight niggles I've come across are a little lag and filling the teams full of CPU players. The majority of times the game runs very well, however I have had a few episodes of aiming down the sights and firing from only 10meters away only for the bullets to miraculously pass straight through the target. Next thing the guy jumps halfway across the screen and has planted a clip right between your eyes. Thankfully this is few and far between. With regards to the CPU players, they're particularly easy to mow down. If you're looking for an easy run you can go to the quick play menu and usually find a game which only has one or two "real" people playing, the rest are bots which add to your overall XP greatly. If you want to experience a bit more pace and tactics though I would suggest jumping straight in and find the first game available. All modes and levels excellent so you won't go wrong.

Altogether this is a surprising little beauty. Easily the best buy on the PSN and equal to (if not better) than the majority of shooter DLC's which cost more. At the very least you should download the 45min trial to get a taste and see for yourself. Happy shooting!
  15. Jan 20, 2011
    I just spent the past hour typing a long, thorough review for this game, only to hit backspace and instead of deleting a letter I didn't mean to hit, my browser went back to the previous page. I'm pretty sad right now, because I put some serious effort into that... So allow me to summarize...

Modern Combat: Domination is to Counter-Strike and Call of Duty what Darksiders was to Zelda and God of War. It doesn't do anything new, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Its got CoD's controls, and plays very much like Counter-Strike (earn cash each round, re-buy your equipment each time you die, etc.). I loved the old-school feel it had, where if you died, you were dead. This puts an emphasis on making your lives count that is no longer present in FPS's and is somewhat gamebreaking in my opinion. When players are not penalized even slightly for death, they're free to run in guns blazing and ruin the experience for those of us who try to play intelligently. I mean, instant respawn? Come on..

Anyway, the graphics are pretty good, it controls just fine, and I've encountered a bit of lag, but nothing terrible. It's a very fun game, very addicting, and familiar. The best part? It costs $8. That's right, $8. Playstation Plus members get it for $6!!! For the price, this game is a steal. I've pointed out a few games on PSN before as prime examples of bang for the buck: Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, Dead Nation, Joe Danger... But this game takes the cake. Or comes extremely close at the very least.

Do yourself a favor, at least download the demo and see what I'm talking about. I will say, I encountered some trouble getting in a match with the demo/trial, and I haven't had that problem at all after purchasing it. In fact, it's been the total opposite, its got great custom game options, as well as the option to make private matches for you and your friends, which is a very good thing, because it won't be hard to convince your friends to drop $8 on this awesome downloadable game.
  16. Jan 23, 2011

1. Apr 16, 2011
    Cheap as chips and just as crisp - this is a neat little online shooter.
  2. Feb 24, 2011
    Modern Combat: Domination won't be taking the FPS crown from any of the big boys but is a really fun diversion that is likely to draw a faithful following.
  3. Feb 21, 2011
    Shooter fans shouldn't hesitate because it is an online shooter reduced to its absolute main parts. For everyone else the learning curve is quite high, technically speaking there are better shooters out there, and variety is missing.