• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Mar 6, 2007
7.4

1. Andyman
    Mar 7, 2007
    Old-school gameplay meets next-gen technology, that's MotorStorm in a nutshell. Most of the time this is a good thing (tight gameplay should come before spiffy visuals, after all). The racing is insanely addictive and hair-rippingly frustrating all at the same time. It's Burnout on dirt, while requiring the technical skill of Gran Turismo. My only beef with the game is its lack Old-school gameplay meets next-gen technology, that's MotorStorm in a nutshell. Most of the time this is a good thing (tight gameplay should come before spiffy visuals, after all). The racing is insanely addictive and hair-rippingly frustrating all at the same time. It's Burnout on dirt, while requiring the technical skill of Gran Turismo. My only beef with the game is its lack of options - there really should be a Custom Race mode where you get to choose what track, what vehicle, and how many competitors you're racing against. Other than that, MotorStorm is the game PS3 owners have been waiting for. See you online! Collapse
  2. NickWert
    Feb 24, 2007
    Motorstorm is the start to the great exclusive gaming in Playstation 3. Those of you that played the demo, off the starting line of the race you can see the amazing graphics. Whether you crash or not you will see the awesome physics of the cars and how crashing into destructable things accually makes shortcuts through the race. Those of you who are not fans of Playstation 3 are missingMotorstorm is the start to the great exclusive gaming in Playstation 3. Those of you that played the demo, off the starting line of the race you can see the amazing graphics. Whether you crash or not you will see the awesome physics of the cars and how crashing into destructable things accually makes shortcuts through the race. Those of you who are not fans of Playstation 3 are missing out on this amazing game. Expand
  3. Apr 1, 2013
    This single-handedly justified my early PS3 purchased. So many nights of moving through those awesome menus and into races so intense (and perhaps a little too difficult), that is was an entirely new experience.
  4. GazT.
    Apr 1, 2007
    Brilliant game & anyone who has only played it for 10 minutes HAS NOT seen everything the game has to offer! And as for the ps2 game with pretty graphics get real what is there that looks or plays like this on the ps2 - now. Got a PS3 get it its wicked!
  5. Limanima
    Oct 31, 2007
    This game is awsome. I dont uderstand some of the bad reviews this game has. It has amazing graphics, and a fantastic gameplay. What else a gamer wants? Calling mediocre to Motorstorm (Hardcore Gamer Magazine)? This comments must be from some XBox fanboy.
  6. Justarius
    Feb 6, 2007
    I think it's sad Xbox fanboys would take the time to come on here and vote a low score. The game isn't even out yet but they know this title will kill hence the votes. However, for those of us lucky enough to play the demo, it is fantastic! I rate this game 10 just on the 2 levels/2 vehicles I've played. Without a doubt it ranks up there with the best offroad racers of all I think it's sad Xbox fanboys would take the time to come on here and vote a low score. The game isn't even out yet but they know this title will kill hence the votes. However, for those of us lucky enough to play the demo, it is fantastic! I rate this game 10 just on the 2 levels/2 vehicles I've played. Without a doubt it ranks up there with the best offroad racers of all time and perhaps best racing title, period. Any doubters, just go to a friends house and play the demo for 10 minutes. Any true gamer regardless of console preference will love it despite being a hated PS3 title (just like Halo/Gears of War are excellent titles even if you hate the 360). Note: The Japan Import is NOT the full game. The US/Euro release will have multiplayer, more modes, more polish, etc. Most of the Cons you will read about are for the Japan release only (and they will get an update once the full game is out). Trust me, PLAY THIS GAME! Expand
  7. SladeW.
    Mar 17, 2007
    This is the funnest racing games I have ever played a must buy.
  8. RenegadeS.
    Apr 1, 2007
    Astonishing game. Truly next-gen graphics, great physics models, awesome scenery, and different vehicles that really feel different. Those who say it's so slow must've been driving the big-rigs, which are meant to be like that. Get yourself a bike though and it flies along at light-speed - exactly how it should be.
  9. EBiddle
    Jan 29, 2007
    The most fun I have had with a racing game in quite some time! I am blown away with the visuals, and the realistic crashing is beyond words. A must-have for any racing fan!
  10. Kev
    Feb 16, 2007
    Played the demo at my friend's house. Fantastic game. I will buy a PS3 in March for this game alone. The graphics are ridiculously good, especially on a HiDef TV. The 1st time I went over a cliff I actually felt vertigo. The 1st two comments are from people who never played the game or are blind. Nothing on the PS2 comes close to this. The backgrounds are photo-realistic. I will Played the demo at my friend's house. Fantastic game. I will buy a PS3 in March for this game alone. The graphics are ridiculously good, especially on a HiDef TV. The 1st time I went over a cliff I actually felt vertigo. The 1st two comments are from people who never played the game or are blind. Nothing on the PS2 comes close to this. The backgrounds are photo-realistic. I will agree that it badly needs rumble but that is by no means a deal breaker. 9/10 for me. It loses 1 point for lack of rumble. Sweet game! Expand
  11. Justarius
    Mar 7, 2007
    This game is fantastic! Without a doubt it ranks up there with the best offroad racers of all time and perhaps best racing title, period. The graphics, racing engine and especially the physics are all stellar. Sure it could use more tracks... but what it lacks in variety it more than makes up for with the quality of these 3 key components. Any doubters, play it on your friend's PS3 This game is fantastic! Without a doubt it ranks up there with the best offroad racers of all time and perhaps best racing title, period. The graphics, racing engine and especially the physics are all stellar. Sure it could use more tracks... but what it lacks in variety it more than makes up for with the quality of these 3 key components. Any doubters, play it on your friend's PS3 for 10 minutes and you will love it regardless of your console preference and despite it being a hated PS3 title (just like Halo/Gears of War are excellent titles even if you hate the 360). Trust me, PLAY THIS GAME! Expand
  12. JakeM.
    Mar 7, 2007
    This game is great especially the graphics incredible this game is pretty hard not like crazy hard but pretty hard but a lot of fun u can have a bigrig,buggy,rally car,dirt bike,and a trophy truck,also a sand rail type thing. crashing is fun too every little piece just fly around like real life a must buy.
  13. JulianT.
    Mar 8, 2007
    Yes, it only has 8 tracks, so what? have you ever seen anything look so good before? This game is real fun playing solo, but the real fun starts online, it is awesome. If you have a PS3, you have to get this game period.
  14. ps3beat
    May 2, 2007
    WOW! pure race action with the best nexgen graphics ever. innovative gameplay and tracks. Online-Mode will be better with 1.2 Update - but we want more tracks, more tracks !!!
  15. Steaky
    Sep 11, 2007
    Great off road action. Its more realistic than Xcitetruck, so yeah its 'slower'. Off road racing is like that though :P Still its great fun, good sound and graphics (frame rate is fine, I dont notice it being too low). Online works well also. I love the motion steering, adds a lot more realism. Only issue is there is no voice chat in the online play.
  16. ThomasLord
    Jan 22, 2007
    Simply amazing from start to finish. The graphics are sublime, the physics are spot on and the damage is like no other game, utterly fantastic!
  17. MichaelT.
    Mar 12, 2007
    This is a great game for the PS3. The graphics are nice, and while the options are limited, I have played the tracks over and over and have not gotten tired of it. The tracks are expansive and the A.I. gets better and better as you progress through the single player mode. The online play definitely adds another dimension. I read the reviews before playing, and I thought that I would not This is a great game for the PS3. The graphics are nice, and while the options are limited, I have played the tracks over and over and have not gotten tired of it. The tracks are expansive and the A.I. gets better and better as you progress through the single player mode. The online play definitely adds another dimension. I read the reviews before playing, and I thought that I would not end up liking it, but so far, I have been pleasantly surprised. I think this game is a great addition to the PS3 family. If it weren't for the limited options and offline multiplayer this game would be deserving of a 10! Expand
  18. IanI.
    Mar 12, 2007
    Game is epic, I'm not generally the racing game type, you won't see me buying a Motorcross game on any normal ocation. But this game is amazing (and no I don't mean that on simply a graphical scale), the gameplay is like burnout at its best with a distinct next gen flavor. The singleplayer is incredibly fun, though like everyone has noticed, more gameplay modes and other Game is epic, I'm not generally the racing game type, you won't see me buying a Motorcross game on any normal ocation. But this game is amazing (and no I don't mean that on simply a graphical scale), the gameplay is like burnout at its best with a distinct next gen flavor. The singleplayer is incredibly fun, though like everyone has noticed, more gameplay modes and other extra features should be added. My only real beef with this title is no splitscreen. Its a racing game without any splitscreen (online or offline) and it realy hurts it. Other than that the game is pretty near perfect. Expand
  19. HaoY.
    Mar 6, 2007
    Motor Storm brings to the PS3 some much needed bragging rights for its owners. Sure Motor Storm might be pretty bare bones when it boils down to the limited number of tracks, play modes, and features, but through its limitations, Motor Storm still manages to bring about a staggering package of addicting gameplay for not only racing fans, but just about anyone who enjoys carnage and mayhem Motor Storm brings to the PS3 some much needed bragging rights for its owners. Sure Motor Storm might be pretty bare bones when it boils down to the limited number of tracks, play modes, and features, but through its limitations, Motor Storm still manages to bring about a staggering package of addicting gameplay for not only racing fans, but just about anyone who enjoys carnage and mayhem at incredible speeds. Sure, there will be the naysayers that will argue that 59.99 is just too much for this "empty" shell of a game, but I'll be with the proud group of people that will proclaim, "I have experienced Motor Storm, and it was good!" All in all, I'd give this game a 8.7, and yes, this is a must-own game for anyone who has a PS3. Expand
  20. TobyH.
    Apr 23, 2007
    The game lacks depth in the single player mode, though in reality is there to enhance your ability and to unlock cars. The online play is its strength, it plays magnificently and having played around 300 races online I can tell you its addictive. The game is pure class and lets hope its sign of things to come.
  21. SYC
    May 17, 2007
    A visually stunning game to be sure, but also a suprisingly deep and addictive racing game that captures the excitement of Burnout, puts it in the world of off road racing and requires a lot more skill. Best of all, Motorstorm is the first off road racing game to really 'nail it' and is certainly the best one ever made by a mile.
  22. Sauce
    Mar 8, 2008
    Really good. Sure its not perfect, and more tracks would be nice, but the downloads are a steady stream of content while the package by itself is worthy of your time. Splitscreen in Motorstorm 2 please.
  23. DanielN.
    Jun 13, 2008
    The user rating for this game has suffered quite a lot from xbox 360 fanboys. The game looks great and is real fun to play, the online is quite good as well. Only one flaw with the game is that their is no splitscreen however if the player really wasn't splitscreen then they should get the Japanese version... the PS3 is multiregional!
  24. MichaelJ.
    Jan 22, 2007
    This game is unique in that it features 15 vehicles on screen all going at it furiously. The end result is unique and reasonably chaotic! The game also has one of the finest graphics and physics engine I've seen, next to Half Life 2 and Rainbow six Vegas!
  25. JeffA.
    Mar 16, 2007
    Do not believe the average ratings. Motorstorm is a must have game for the PS3. The graphics are 1010 and the gameplay is totally addictive. This game is worth buying a PS3 for.
  26. AdamS.
    Apr 22, 2007
    Graphic's are the best I've seen the tracks are wicked gameplay is good with SIXAXIS and online well I haven't tried yet but I sure will do!!!
  27. SergioK.
    Aug 18, 2007
    This is the first time I give game a 10. I owe 360 and a PS3, so far it's the best game I played in a long time. Good graphics, good gameplay, awesome multiplayer. Nothing like a bike race at the canyon - huge adrenalin rush.
  28. JoshuaB.
    Jul 12, 2008
    Xbox fanboys have ruined the user score. It sure is a shame when Motorstorm is one of the best racing games I've ever played. Actually, wrong, It is THE BEST. This game has the best graphics a racing game could produce, with absolutely INCREDIBLE mud physics. Sure, it is a bit hard at the start, but you can get used to it, and then you suddenly become addicted. Oh, and I forgot, Xbox fanboys have ruined the user score. It sure is a shame when Motorstorm is one of the best racing games I've ever played. Actually, wrong, It is THE BEST. This game has the best graphics a racing game could produce, with absolutely INCREDIBLE mud physics. Sure, it is a bit hard at the start, but you can get used to it, and then you suddenly become addicted. Oh, and I forgot, there's a twist in the races. There's lots of different types of vehicles, and on some races you'll be able to choose from every class. On the map that you race on there's always things pointing out which class of vehicle should go which way. Say if you were a big truck. There was a ramp with a sign of a picture with a line through a truck. If you go on it, basically, your dead. Great game, I would reccomend it to anyone! (onlines a bit sore though, except for downloadable content, that's great right now). Expand
  29. Apr 25, 2014
    Motorstorm is one of the few racing games I like, others being NFS Most Wanted(first one), Fuel, and NFS Undercover. Very visceral feeling, fun, arcade racer. Now it is only $0.89 for a used copy, very worth it.
  30. Jun 30, 2014
    Beyond my memories and nostalgia of this game, this game succeeded in every aspect and set an extremely high bar for graphics and intuitive racing gameplay at the time when it was released. This is a game where you can buy it and can't stop playing it!
  31. Aug 8, 2014
    Even though I'm not really into racing games, I loved this one from the very beginning. Graphic style really suits me, a variety of tracks, surfaces and vehicles let you play the game multiple times without getting bored, the difficulty level is quite challenging, and you need to think strategically and choose right ways for your vehicle every time. A pity there are no trophies, but that'sEven though I'm not really into racing games, I loved this one from the very beginning. Graphic style really suits me, a variety of tracks, surfaces and vehicles let you play the game multiple times without getting bored, the difficulty level is quite challenging, and you need to think strategically and choose right ways for your vehicle every time. A pity there are no trophies, but that's just a minor disadvantage. Expand

1. Motorstorm is pretty much the best off-road driving simulation ever to grace a console. The physics are so accurate, yet altered for arcade like effect, and feel so right that the development team must have had at least a couple Physics PhD’s on staff to pull off such a feat. [JPN Import]
  2. One of Motorstorm's big successes is that it demands of you things that other racers don't even bother to ask. You'll have to learn every nook and cranny of the terrain before you can drive around courses with confidence. [JPN Import]
  3. Tough, dynamic racing. A blistering thrill ride that makes good on PlayStation 3's promises. [JPN Import; Jan 2007, p.58]