NASCAR '14 PlayStation 3

4.6

1. Sep 4, 2014
    I was actually quite excited for this game when i saw the trailers, but when it came out, i was disappointed yet again. This game is not very fun, and quite frusturating. But the worst part is that yet again, the patches actually made it worse. There are glitches abound in this game, and the only fun i really got out of it was racing at Talladega, where the racing is actually quiteI was actually quite excited for this game when i saw the trailers, but when it came out, i was disappointed yet again. This game is not very fun, and quite frusturating. But the worst part is that yet again, the patches actually made it worse. There are glitches abound in this game, and the only fun i really got out of it was racing at Talladega, where the racing is actually quite exciting. But aside from that, the A.I. is still not very good, and I've been turned by A.I. cars for seemingly no reason. The online has gotten somewhat better, but it's still not very fun. Long story short, Eutechnyx screwed up again, and i don't think i'm planning on getting any more Nascar games from them. Expand
  2. Mar 16, 2014
    If you've played the last couple of NASCAR games from this developer then you already know what to expect. Though improvements are few, there are some notable changes. My personal favorite is the added ability to save replays of online races. It doesn't impact actual gameplay, but this is a huge change for several simple reasons. First, I run in a lot of leagues and having replays is theIf you've played the last couple of NASCAR games from this developer then you already know what to expect. Though improvements are few, there are some notable changes. My personal favorite is the added ability to save replays of online races. It doesn't impact actual gameplay, but this is a huge change for several simple reasons. First, I run in a lot of leagues and having replays is the only way to see what really caused a crash (a lot of folks get in crashes and always assume it is the other guys fault...). Second, it lets you create screenshots of the action after the race which makes tracking/promoting a league more fun and enjoyable.

Other changes are fairly standard, including updates to the presentation, and the latest paint schemes. One note though, some of the paint schemes are not accurate (e.g., Brian Vickers #55, #2 Brad K.). Their 2014 paint schemes are outdated (repeat of 2013). I did like the game included 2013 schemes. The game includes a standard career mode, season mode, 2013 highlight trials, and online multiplayer (up to 16 players, same as before).

NASCAR games have lacked innovation for years. It's too bad, really, but that is reality. If you are not a NASCAR fan, don't waste your time. If you are a NASCAR fan, just know that you won't be getting anything substantively new in this iteration. If you were content with prior title, then you will be content with this one. If you were displeased with prior titles, don't waste your time and money with this one.
  3. Feb 18, 2014
    This is Eutechnyx 4th NASCAR game, and this game still suffers from the same issues as the previous titles even after the day 1 patch. AI bunching up & wrecking, disconnections & crashes in online, cars surging, de-synchronizations and invisible cars in online mode. Also, this game is just a re-paint of last years game with very little change, makes me question if Eutechnyx actually haveThis is Eutechnyx 4th NASCAR game, and this game still suffers from the same issues as the previous titles even after the day 1 patch. AI bunching up & wrecking, disconnections & crashes in online, cars surging, de-synchronizations and invisible cars in online mode. Also, this game is just a re-paint of last years game with very little change, makes me question if Eutechnyx actually have anyone working on the AI or online features - Bottom line, not worth 50 bucks! Expand

1. Jun 24, 2014
    So, is NASCAR ’14 the elusive stock car game experience I have been looking for? The short answer is yes. The game recreates the whole atmosphere of NASCAR very well. The career mode is one of the most in-depth career experiences I have seen in a racing game for a long time and the tweaks the AI make your simulated career as tense and exciting as the real thing.
  2. Jun 18, 2014
    NASCAR ’14 will bump away at more casual players’ patience, but fans will have the fortitude to see each full race day through. A steep learning curve means that you’ll need to commit to get anything out of this stock racing experience, but your efforts will definitely be rewarded in time – especially if you’re a fan of real life motorsport.
  3. Jun 6, 2014
    NASCAR 14 is a game solely made for the hardcore fans, if you're not fond of stock car racing avoid this game which tops boring gameplay with some truly appalling graphics. You drive in circles for hours while avoiding the sidewall with the steering as your only past time. With no need to use the gearbox or the brake, you can only imagine what you're left with during the 400 laps of a race, and it's not the trash grindcore soundtrack that will keep you awake. On the other hand, if you love NASCAR and think that F1, WRC, Endurance racing or DTM is for hipsters, Eutechnyx's title is what you want thanks to its immense content and the race atmosphere's fidelity.