3.3

1. Jan 23, 2014
    Let me just start by saying, I know this is Eutechnyx's first NASCAR game. But why put out a game that was only halfway through the development phase?
    Career: 2/10
    This could have been so much more. Career mode lacks depth and and a reward system, giving you no incentive to finish it at all, or play through again if you do slug through the snoozefest. Guess what else? There's only one
    season to this '"career mode". Enjoy!
    Graphics: 3/10
    From a distance, the cars look great. Go a little closer, however, and you see the ugly truth: Car decals and stickers are extremely pixelated at close range, and every driver has the exact same face model. If you enter the free-roam camera mode, you'll notice that the AI cars have every detail on them really blurred. Look into their drivers seat, and you can see that every one of them are in the same "turn car right" animation, and no matter how many races you play, they are always like this. Crashes are horrible: slam into a wall just a little, and your car will look like it was sheared in the side by a subway train. Opponents take absolutely no damage in this game, because, screw reality!
    Gameplay: 0/10.
    Too arcadish. AI drive like it's a game of follow the leader and never try to pass or avoid wrecks. They make no effort to challenge you; I can get a 3 sec lead in two laps!
    Online: N/A
    I never go online for racing games.
    Overall: 1/10
    A poor and shoddy experience that could have been so much more. Overall, a black
    flag for Eutechnyx.

1. Throw in spectacular crashes and the ability to rewind time to avoid them and even us Brits have something to enjoy. [Oct 2012, p.119]
  2. May 10, 2011
    For now, I'd pass on NASCAR 2011: The Game. The multiplayer is completely busted, and I'm a big fan of voting with your dollar. If you're a NASCAR fan, maybe you should let your vote be heard by not picking up this mess. For those of you who did, I really I hope that the patch delivers on the promised fixes because I'd be greatly upset if I had spent $60 on this.
  3. But these are niggling issues; the franchise is moving up through the driving-game field and may finally be in contention for a podium position come next seasons. [June 2011, p.81]