NBA Ballers: Chosen One PlayStation 3

6.5

1. Jul 29, 2013
    i didn't have a problem with this game. not sure why its rated so low. played it in 4 player mode and it was a blast. Good messing around game for multi player good as a party game.
  2. DrewComo
    Apr 24, 2008
    I was really looking forward to this... I loved the very first Ballers game for the XBOX, however I skipped 'Phenom'. (Due to a lack of time...)

I bought the game for the PS3, and found that the game play was kinda what I expected, however I don't have a HDTV connected to my PS3 and the visuals just plain gave me a headache. The thin lines and really super small text 'jumps' all over the screen making the experience give me a headache. I played for about an hour or so and enjoyed the game, however walked away looking for the Tylenol.

Graphically,I think I was expecting a little more. After playing Chosen One, I played a quick round of the original and found that both of them looked similar and even maybe the originally was a little more polished.

I still feel that my purchase was justified and will enjoy the game, however the level of polish that maybe I was expecting is just not here... :-(

NBA Ballers: Chosen One is a battle game. Think Street Fighter meets the NBA, and that's where the game is in its element.
  2. There's no reason to pick this one up, regardless of how bad you need a basketball fix--there are plenty of cheaper, better options available.
    If you don’t care too much about precise game play, Chosen One is a good, brainless time. Otherwise, the game just becomes infuriating.