7.2

1. Jan 8, 2013
    Good graphics, nice car's, beautiful settings though the A.I lacks in the police chasing. Most of the time you "crash" even a little hit can waste precious time and the race's lack in obstacles like Forza Motorsport. Most of the races just have police chase's even though they haven't seen you. There is really no point of playing Hot Pursuit since you cant even figure out what you do whenGood graphics, nice car's, beautiful settings though the A.I lacks in the police chasing. Most of the time you "crash" even a little hit can waste precious time and the race's lack in obstacles like Forza Motorsport. Most of the races just have police chase's even though they haven't seen you. There is really no point of playing Hot Pursuit since you cant even figure out what you do when you complete all the races! Expand
  2. Jul 11, 2015
    I picked this because I was hungry for a Need for Speed game and I was not disappointed. It looks amazing, soundtrack is not bad. It is definitely not surprise of the year but it is good arcade racing game. However, I was bored at the end, especially with the 70Km race.
  3. Dec 19, 2014
    Not a game for me, the controls made me feel like i was drive more a boat than a highspeed power machine, and this destroyed the whole game for me. The sponge-like controls frustrated me so much that stopped after a few races. If the controls would be better i would definitely play it through, because it looks and sounds fantastic and has really nice cars! And another minus point are theNot a game for me, the controls made me feel like i was drive more a boat than a highspeed power machine, and this destroyed the whole game for me. The sponge-like controls frustrated me so much that stopped after a few races. If the controls would be better i would definitely play it through, because it looks and sounds fantastic and has really nice cars! And another minus point are the micro transactions! I HATE EA FOR THIS!!! Expand
  4. Apr 28, 2013
    NFS Hot Pursuit would have been a great game if only visuals count but it's betrayed by it's concept which is boring and repetitive.
    STORY AND CHARACTERS: The least important here but the fact of forcing you to shift between racers and cops is annoying. I mean who wants to be on the side of the law here? I don't...
    PRESENTATION: The game's (very) strong point. Like i said if it where
    PRESENTATION: The game's (very) strong point. Like i said if it where just for this the game would be perfect. The cars are gorgeous, the tracks are great and the settings are beautiful.
    GAMEPLAY: NFSHP does almost everything good here but it can be somehow frustrating when dealing with "the long arm of the law". Police cars are well equipped and sometimes it's very difficult to end a mission because of them. It's more getting there in one piece than an actual racing game. Again Frustrating.
    PROGRESSION: Progressing and leveling up exists but you don't feel it. The game rewards you with new cars and components but there's little sense of reward and customization.
    ONLINE: Autolog is a nice feature but it wears out pretty quick. The online races are good and not with much new stuff but still competent and engaging.
    CONCLUSION: NFSHP is a gorgeous game with great visuals and great racing feeling but it's concept is unbalanced, repetitive and boring.
  5. Feb 24, 2011
    The fact that you have to eleminate your target by depleting his health-bar and not by shoving him into an uncontrolled skid and thus making him crash is the big spoiler of fun for me. Makes it more arcade than it should be. I mean, it's still NFS, the arcade racing game, but a health-bar? Driving physics aren't satisfying either. Expected a whole lot more from this. Might pick it up whenThe fact that you have to eleminate your target by depleting his health-bar and not by shoving him into an uncontrolled skid and thus making him crash is the big spoiler of fun for me. Makes it more arcade than it should be. I mean, it's still NFS, the arcade racing game, but a health-bar? Driving physics aren't satisfying either. Expected a whole lot more from this. Might pick it up when price has dropped to 15 Euros approx. Expand
  6. Nov 19, 2010
    Nice Graphics and that's all. This game has some gorgeous scenery but the gameplay is so fail that I don't want to play this game anymore. When you brake the car to pass through a corner, it goes drifting like nuts and you don't have any control over the car. Every car feel like trucks because they all so damn heavy, and especially on the straights, it appears to have some kind of delayNice Graphics and that's all. This game has some gorgeous scenery but the gameplay is so fail that I don't want to play this game anymore. When you brake the car to pass through a corner, it goes drifting like nuts and you don't have any control over the car. Every car feel like trucks because they all so damn heavy, and especially on the straights, it appears to have some kind of delay when you press the button to go to the right or left, if you just slightly press it, the car doesn't turn, and if you just press the button, the car goes too much. And there is no sensitivity to change on the options.
    And there's more, all cars have the same way to control, like the guy said before, it has absolutely no difference between a Crown Victoria and a Lamborghini.
    I would think two times before buying this game.
  7. Nov 19, 2010
    Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit - It's Burnout Paradise 1.5. Unfortunately, in the 'transition' from Burnout to NFS, Criterion has stripped away several things that made their previous racing games fun. I'm not a huge fan of the "Open world" concept in racers, but NFS is essentially a butchered variation of it. Tracks are simply segments of highway in "Seacrest County" - selecting and startingNeed For Speed: Hot Pursuit - It's Burnout Paradise 1.5. Unfortunately, in the 'transition' from Burnout to NFS, Criterion has stripped away several things that made their previous racing games fun. I'm not a huge fan of the "Open world" concept in racers, but NFS is essentially a butchered variation of it. Tracks are simply segments of highway in "Seacrest County" - selecting and starting a race or other mode will drop you in at full-speed into what is supposed to feel like an ongoing event. Sadly, by taking an Open World approach to the tracks, but limiting them to being raced in bite-sized pieces that require dropping to the menu and loading each time, you get neither the free-flowing fun of Burnout, or the variety of other racing games.

New cars are available after almost every race, and an incremental system of rewards will continually give you new ranks, which open up new races, car classes, and even types. Playing off the previous complaint however, they all end up feeling quite the same - a Time Trial through the desert in a Maserati is the same thing as a "Rapid Response" through the desert in a Maserati painted in police blue and white, but NFS:HP thinks that you won't be able to tell.

The most appealing point here is the Hot Pursuits themselves, and to a lesser extent, the pure Races. Hot Pursuit plays out the same from both sides - Racer or Cop. Both are equipped with a variety of weapons (Spike Strip, Road Block, EMP, etc) and are tasked with taking out other drivers (Either to "Bust" the criminals or simply eliminate competition/pursuit. The mode is tons of fun, but their simple aren't enough Hot Pursuits in the game. More often than not, your shiny new car will only be useful in a Preview, Time Trial, or Rapid Response. When one mode so clearly shines above the others, why is not the true focus of the game? Variety has it's place, but not when it results in the superior experience taking a backseat to an inferior one. Overall, NFS:HP is good fun over a weekend. Car handling is slick, presentation is excellent. But the lack of real variation and lack of commitment needed to open up new cars (Which don't distinguish themselves, anyhow) and rewards will make most casual race fans feel like they've gotten their fill of it in no time at all. For more "hardcore" arcade race fans, it's a solid choice for your collection. For all others, Rent it.
  8. Nov 16, 2010
    Hot Pursuit doesn't live up to the original Hot Pursuit 2 in fun and gameplay. This is a reskin of the heavily used Burnout engine. Skip this game and fire up your PS2 again.
  9. Nov 29, 2010
    I was about ready to shelf this game while playing the single player. It has practically no oomph at all. It's a by the numbers racer and the cars are mostly the same except for how they look. They mostly handle exactly alike. I'm glad I tried the multiplayer, that's where this game earns it's points. It's got one of the better online exeriences I've tried in racers. I wish I could give itI was about ready to shelf this game while playing the single player. It has practically no oomph at all. It's a by the numbers racer and the cars are mostly the same except for how they look. They mostly handle exactly alike. I'm glad I tried the multiplayer, that's where this game earns it's points. It's got one of the better online exeriences I've tried in racers. I wish I could give it higher marks, but this isn't a multiplayer only game. If left to multiplayer only it would have gotten a 9. Expand
  10. Jan 31, 2011
    I was actually really hyped for this game and although it didn't disappoint I got bored of it pretty quickly. The lack of local multiplayer was a big hit for me since inviting my friends over to smash the crap out of each others cars would have been a blast but instead they would have to fork out $70 just to play with me. What did game did right though was that you do feel really fast andI was actually really hyped for this game and although it didn't disappoint I got bored of it pretty quickly. The lack of local multiplayer was a big hit for me since inviting my friends over to smash the crap out of each others cars would have been a blast but instead they would have to fork out $70 just to play with me. What did game did right though was that you do feel really fast and when you hit someone it's really satisfying. Playing as a cop or racer is fun, though the cop's generally seem to have the edge. I just wish there was a bit more depth to the game but i guess that's asking a but much of a racing game. Expand
  11. Dec 29, 2010
    I Like this game it looks good and the hot pursuits are fun but the driving is heavy and it basicly drifts for you also i dont like not being able to customize and tune your car and it dosent really feel like your own car there also needs to be more different races its quite the same and the fact that there is street racers who can afford koeninsags but overall i think nfs hot pursuit is aI Like this game it looks good and the hot pursuits are fun but the driving is heavy and it basicly drifts for you also i dont like not being able to customize and tune your car and it dosent really feel like your own car there also needs to be more different races its quite the same and the fact that there is street racers who can afford koeninsags but overall i think nfs hot pursuit is a ok-goodgame Expand
  12. Jul 10, 2011
    Ok, I bought this game because it was developed by Criterion and I expected something like Burnout but with real cars. The dissapointment couldn't have been bigger! The thing is, apart from the graphics and sound effects, this game sucks. The reason why it sucks is mainly because it's gameplay is unimaginative and boring as hell, "been there, done that", "oh, not this **** again" kind ofOk, I bought this game because it was developed by Criterion and I expected something like Burnout but with real cars. The dissapointment couldn't have been bigger! The thing is, apart from the graphics and sound effects, this game sucks. The reason why it sucks is mainly because it's gameplay is unimaginative and boring as hell, "been there, done that", "oh, not this **** again" kind of gameplay, and the 30 fps limit means it's also laggy as hell. The cars simply do not respond like they should, there is a delay between your input and the car moving on screen. So even if the game was great, which is not, the lag would ruin it. Expand
  13. Jan 2, 2011
    This is not a racing car simulator, but a patronising arcade style game. Ramming a car a 100+ mph does not damage your car! Driving/skidding round corners are unrealistic and are practically automaticâ
  14. Mar 15, 2011
    Graphics/Performance(10/10): Good graphics, good performance.

Singleplayer(7/10): Very repetitive. Felt like I was doing the same race over and over.

Multiplayer(N/A): N/A

Gameplay(6/10): All cars handle the exact same, thereâ
  15. Aug 7, 2015
    Almost every race brings a new unlock, which means an unskippable cutscene that breaks up the pacing. The whole presentation feels slow and it's not easy to restart a race. With this type of perfectionist game, it should have been quick in and quick out, quick restart etc. The pacing is broken and there's no flow. I also often felt frustrated by crashes, rather than feeling "they were fairAlmost every race brings a new unlock, which means an unskippable cutscene that breaks up the pacing. The whole presentation feels slow and it's not easy to restart a race. With this type of perfectionist game, it should have been quick in and quick out, quick restart etc. The pacing is broken and there's no flow. I also often felt frustrated by crashes, rather than feeling "they were fair game and I should have seen them coming". The courses have shortcuts, but most of the game is the art of following a road with some turns now and then. The special items (cops can block the road to slow down racers, and more) feel slightly random in effect. They don't feel like strategic elements.

The online mode is still fairly active this summer, 2015. I enjoyed that more than the so-called 'career' mode which is just a series of races with or without nameless AIs.
  16. Mar 18, 2014
    Visuals are stellar
    Sound is amazing
    The gam had potential, but Criterion hasn't any clue if how to not ruin the fun
    Vehicles control non-existent
    Lack of options
    Camera position is horrible
    Things like passing over spikes without actually doing it
    Passing you in a full speed Veyron with a CCX? This is bad
  17. Feb 4, 2014
    This is a well made game, with nice graphics and great gameplay. But there is one big problem that absolutely killed the game for me: stupidly hard events. The Interceptor events are in no way humanly possible and rigged like you wouldn't believe. I ran into 2 of these on my cop career, and now I can't progress on that to save my life. So I go to my racer career. And I play a bit and haveThis is a well made game, with nice graphics and great gameplay. But there is one big problem that absolutely killed the game for me: stupidly hard events. The Interceptor events are in no way humanly possible and rigged like you wouldn't believe. I ran into 2 of these on my cop career, and now I can't progress on that to save my life. So I go to my racer career. And I play a bit and have some fun. And then I run into a Hot Pursuit: where you have to get 3rd or better in a race with the cops on you. Another rigged event. Now i'm stuck on both careers. Hence my score of 5. Go buy Burnout Paradise instead. Expand
  18. Jul 1, 2016
    The gameplay was pretty good, not totally sure why people are moaning too much about the handling - yes it was a bit sluggish but not unplayable. Where the game really thrived on was the high speed multiplayer races which got very tense and right down to the wire. Quite an exhilarating experience. The soundtrack on this game was also very good and fit the theme of the game like a jigsawThe gameplay was pretty good, not totally sure why people are moaning too much about the handling - yes it was a bit sluggish but not unplayable. Where the game really thrived on was the high speed multiplayer races which got very tense and right down to the wire. Quite an exhilarating experience. The soundtrack on this game was also very good and fit the theme of the game like a jigsaw puzzle. Graphics on this game were also impressive as well as the consistent frame rate that produced little to no lag during races.

Now the negatives - this game was incredibly boring outside of multiplayer. There was very little to do generally speaking, with the non-existent story and lack of customisation. Okay, I concede that this game was never about the customisation, since they purposely stripped it back to be reminiscent of the original NFS Hot Pursuit II. But the problems still continue beyond that.

The actual variation of gameplay was pretty limited; I couldn't really care if Criterion were in charge of this, but how they couldn't include a pursuit mode like NFS Most Wanted - within single-player mode - outside races was beyond me. To make matters worse, with the limited game it already was, they also chose to scrap the offline split-screen multiplayer mode to play with your friends or family at home. A simply stupid decision. Literally, the only mode you could keep coming back to was online races. That's it. Autolog was there to heighten the competition between you and your friends but it still did nothing special. Even bounty collecting felt like a chore and unlocking new cars didn't feel exciting as it did in the past.

This game was quite overrated by the critics as the depth in this game was very thin which quite simply didn't allow the game to open up and be the great game it could have been. The game was simply too arcade-like for its price tag. I get that it was meant to follow that theme but Criterion overdid it. One of the worst NFS games I've played, with only Pro Street just about edging it.

1. Feb 23, 2011
    Hot Pursuit is not the most feature-rich, realistic, or deep racing title available, but it certainly is one of the most exciting and enjoyable ones.
  2. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Jan 25, 2011
    We suspect that last year's excellent Shift didn't make as much of an impact as EA anticipated. That semi-serious sim has given way to a positively Burnout inspired iteration that liberally takes the better bits of old NFS titles and makes this gorgeous fast paced treat. [January 2011 p70]
  3. Jan 16, 2011
    Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit reminds me of the first part of the assassin's creed-series. In general, the game is great, but it's missing variety and long-time motivation. Especially the number of time trials shouldn't have been this high. Races and pursuits are much more fun. The small amount of about 100 cars doesn't really matter, because all of them were done well, although some them have only 300 PS. Altogether, it's a great action-racing-game, but there is maybe more potential for Hot Pursuit 2.