5.0

1. Apr 8, 2014
    NeverDead is a hard game to review, it has so many good ideas that are fun while they work, but they get lost in a frustrating series of blunders that test gamer's patience to breaking point.

Start off playing Neverdead and you will find a decent looking game with a cool lead character who is just about invincible, or so we think. There is fun to be had with blowing yourself to reach secret areas or unlock blocked passages. The guns work, and it's a lot of fun to strafe around your victim and cut him down to size. Then things take a turn for the worse, I don't know what went wrong in development but someone forgot to quality control some of the enemies' abilities.

Fancied getting stuck in a corner after being blown up for the 15th time in a fight, or how about being swallowed alive as a broken quick time event game is the only thing to keep you alive.

It's a shame because if there was some balance it could of been something special.
  2. Feb 8, 2012
    Gotta love how all the same employees from the company gave 10 star reviews to both the PS3 and 360 versions of the game. If only you had gone the extra mile while making the game. I hope this ends up being one of those cult games where the cult kills themselves, then maybe companies will stop making crap games for their now dead audience. I gave my computer monitor the middle fingerGotta love how all the same employees from the company gave 10 star reviews to both the PS3 and 360 versions of the game. If only you had gone the extra mile while making the game. I hope this ends up being one of those cult games where the cult kills themselves, then maybe companies will stop making crap games for their now dead audience. I gave my computer monitor the middle finger every time I read one of those awful perfect 10 reviews. Zombifiers, sarr, xzer123, and other Rebellion employees can suck it and stop making such horrible games, you ruin good ideas. Expand
  3. Jul 20, 2012
    NeverDead is a must buy!!! NOT. This game is the biggest load of crap I have seen since Aqua Man battle for Atlantis. Its clunky controls only add to the misery of blurry and unrendered environments. Enemies are repeated since the first level through out the whole game, and boss fights are boring and also repetitive. Not only that but there are many bugs and glitches scattered through outNeverDead is a must buy!!! NOT. This game is the biggest load of crap I have seen since Aqua Man battle for Atlantis. Its clunky controls only add to the misery of blurry and unrendered environments. Enemies are repeated since the first level through out the whole game, and boss fights are boring and also repetitive. Not only that but there are many bugs and glitches scattered through out the whole game, did you know that?? Try and find them all!!! The only reason I gave it a 1 not a 0 is because I like the upgrade system easy and simple to use.
    Overall this game is terrible and if you ever encounter it at the shops I suggest you walk away and don't look back. Oh just too add multi player is disgustingly terrible (weird adjective right?) I felt like destroying the disk when I first when on to it. 9/10
    ~NoNamerGamer
  4. Mar 15, 2012
    This has got to be one of the MOST BORING games I have ever played. The idea is interesting and this really had the potential of being something special. But it's just so badly executed that I wish I could dismember this game and throw in the garbage (when I think of it, actually I can). The main gimmick, being immortal and being dismembered by enemies works the opposite of how it wasThis has got to be one of the MOST BORING games I have ever played. The idea is interesting and this really had the potential of being something special. But it's just so badly executed that I wish I could dismember this game and throw in the garbage (when I think of it, actually I can). The main gimmick, being immortal and being dismembered by enemies works the opposite of how it was intended: it's very, very, very frustrating to keep stopping what you're doing to search for limbs in the field. I can't believed this game was approved, produced and released the way it is. It's frustrating beyond unplayable. Expand
  5. Nov 25, 2012
    What's the biggest problem in 'Japanese' action games? Absolutely bad controls. Other than NINTENDO, NAMCO and to some extent, CAPCOM (RE 5's tank control is still a mess though), many Japanese games control horribly, bad camera control or have weird design issues. Neverdead is no different. It's weird that only KOJIMA PRODUCTIONS is the only 'studio' within Konami that can make great games.
  6. May 10, 2013
    Decided to give a badly reviewed game a chance, because it's only fair. This game had a great and unique concept, however the execution and game play didn't fit it. I've only played a couple of hours of this game and had it. The concept of ripping body parts out, destructible environments, butterfly blade sounds sweet but it aint. It's true it's more annoying than cool when you get splitDecided to give a badly reviewed game a chance, because it's only fair. This game had a great and unique concept, however the execution and game play didn't fit it. I've only played a couple of hours of this game and had it. The concept of ripping body parts out, destructible environments, butterfly blade sounds sweet but it aint. It's true it's more annoying than cool when you get split into pieces and have to either wait or find your body parts; and it's ironic when the rolling head says "motion sickness", because that's what i got watching the head roll around. The enemies were so reptitive and annoying as hell to fight especially the portal which spits them out. The Swordpig looks like a 4th grader drew it, (and not even a good one). I tried to like this game, but it looks as if the game developers didn't put their best resources into this game. Imagine if they could've had MG revengeance's sword system with the butterfly knife and not the awkward "no neck" and have to turn the whole camera around to do a 180 just to kill something. BORING. Expand

1. Mar 13, 2012
    This game has a really interesting premise, but unfortunately it won't take it across the finish line. The biggest innovation of this game – the immortal protagonist – is also the game's biggest flaw. When Bryce blows to bits and pieces, blood pressure rises on the other side of the screen. Stupid plot and clumsy controls are a suitable crown for this ass-fruit. [March 2012
  2. Space prohibits a more comprehensive deconstruction of NeverDead's myriad flaws, so instead here's the pithy summary: this game is utter bullshit. There are heaps of bad games out there, but few that glory in their deficiencies the way this one does. [March 2012, p78]
  3. Mar 4, 2012