7.3

1. Dec 28, 2012
    Such a odd game yet in a good way. No more heroes certainly can be given some credit for being some what original. Even though in the end it is a Hack n Slash game , though it is one that is done fairly well. The story is pretty off the wall and pretty goofy and trust me by the time you get to the end it only gets more insane but its also not taking its self seriesly ether. In betweenSuch a odd game yet in a good way. No more heroes certainly can be given some credit for being some what original. Even though in the end it is a Hack n Slash game , though it is one that is done fairly well. The story is pretty off the wall and pretty goofy and trust me by the time you get to the end it only gets more insane but its also not taking its self seriesly ether. In between missions you can drive this insane tricked out rocket cycle around town in a free roam mode and do differnt things like assasine missions, look for orange balls to learn new skills , or work at odd ball part time jobs which actaully can be kinda intresting and fun to make some cash. you can also buy all kinds of clothing attire at the store and some upgrades for your beam like laser sword. The whole point of the game ultimatley is to become the #1 assasine in the world . The diffaculty with the bosses can be abit odd you will fight one thats way easy then one thats hard then one thats way easy again but still its a fun game and if you want some thing differnt then you should check this out. Expand
  2. May 25, 2013
    One of the best Wii games of all time gets ported over to the PS3. I played this game a while back on the Wii so this is going to be more of a review of the port than the game itself. The game is meant to take advantage of the PS Move technology, but the game is still playable with your standard controller. Aside from the expected HD graphics upgrade the game also comes packed with extraOne of the best Wii games of all time gets ported over to the PS3. I played this game a while back on the Wii so this is going to be more of a review of the port than the game itself. The game is meant to take advantage of the PS Move technology, but the game is still playable with your standard controller. Aside from the expected HD graphics upgrade the game also comes packed with extra content like more side missions, additional bosses taken from No More Heroes 2, and a mode that lets you re-battle the bosses for high-scores without having to replay the game. It was awesome revisiting this title, especially when more recent hack n slash action games have proven to be such a letdown for me. The only complaint I have with the game is that you have to grind through the side missions in order to collect enough money to advance the story. If you weren't able to play No More Heroes because you didn't have a Wii, or just never got around to it, pick up Heroes Paradise. All the extra content make it the definitive version of the game. Expand
  3. Aug 27, 2011
    A strange, yet unique action title that will entertain as long as the player is able to look past some rough spots and shoddy design choices. It is essentially a shined-up, HD port of the Wii title with a few extra bells and whistles. The action is solid and the bosses are memorable. The only downfall would have to be the constant grind for cash, as it is required to move forward in theA strange, yet unique action title that will entertain as long as the player is able to look past some rough spots and shoddy design choices. It is essentially a shined-up, HD port of the Wii title with a few extra bells and whistles. The action is solid and the bosses are memorable. The only downfall would have to be the constant grind for cash, as it is required to move forward in the game and the side-jobs can be aggravatingly repetitive. I would definitely recommend downloading the demo before purchasing the title, as this game is not for everyone. Expand
  4. Sep 9, 2011
    Has to be one of my favourite games of all time. Picked up the Wii version a year or two ago for £7.99 and fell in love with it completely, so I was stoked that there was going to be an HD update for the Move. Definitely not a game for everyone, but this game has an excellent following nonetheless, and ticks just about every box.

Brilliant dialogue teamed with a nice and

Brilliant dialogue teamed with a nice and unintrusive storyline and hilarious, amazingly interesting and brutal characters come together to make the innovative take on the Hack 'n' Slash action that much more fun and exciting, and the game keeps all of the fights interesting to complete more than a few times. The fact that this version of the game is uncut is also a huge bonus, as there was no blood in the European version of the Wii game, and the game is made that much cooler by being able to slice your enemies in two. Of course the main element of the game is the fighting and ranked battles that you have to take part in to reach the number 1 spot on the Assassin's rankings, the open world (the Wii game's biggest flaw) has been touched upon and improved, with many bugs being taken out and more reasons to explore.

Of course, the new PlayStation exclusive features are all welcomed greatly, including the surprisingly nice graphics, excellent Move and Dualshock support and not to mention the extra modes such as the score and time based boss fight mode which really adds a lot of replayability to the game. The inclusion of a handful of brilliantly integrated bosses from Desperate Struggle (a game I unfortunately never bought) is an excellent idea and they are carried over well and leave me clinging on to the idea of a sequel (despite poor sales of this update). New beam katanas and paintjobs for the Schpheltiger (Schfeltiger?) Motorcycle are also a nice way to add new things to collect and experiment with.

Overall, this game is great (despite a few technical flaws, but that's forgiveable when you consider it's an update of a somewhat less powerful Wii game) and it's such a shame that only 90,000 copies have been sold. Still holding out for the sequel though, that'd be ace. All that remains is to thank AQ Interactive and Marvelous Entertainment for updating this game for the PS3.
  5. Oct 12, 2011
    Having played through this game on the Wii a couple years ago, I was a fan, but the lack of HD visuals was a real downside of this game. I liked it enough to get it on the PS3 with the updated visuals and the extra content. I was quite pleased with this PS3 package. The combat is solid (I chose no to use the Move, even though I have one), the stages are challenging, and its got charm toHaving played through this game on the Wii a couple years ago, I was a fan, but the lack of HD visuals was a real downside of this game. I liked it enough to get it on the PS3 with the updated visuals and the extra content. I was quite pleased with this PS3 package. The combat is solid (I chose no to use the Move, even though I have one), the stages are challenging, and its got charm to spare. Thankfully, the horrible Japanese to English translations still exist in all their glory. Minor annoyances such as the awful driving and jobs are still there, but honestly, it would have taken away from the overall experience had they been removed. Let's hope they bring NMH2 over eventually as well. Expand
  6. May 9, 2012
    A game that is as much bold, brash and entertaining as much as it is tiring, frustrating and dull. It's a game that never apologises for its short comings, but can't wait to point out why it is so f***ing brilliant. For each three hours of gameplay you will spend at least one and a half hours navigating Santa Destroy, one of the worst 'hub' worlds I have played in in my time as a gamer;A game that is as much bold, brash and entertaining as much as it is tiring, frustrating and dull. It's a game that never apologises for its short comings, but can't wait to point out why it is so f***ing brilliant. For each three hours of gameplay you will spend at least one and a half hours navigating Santa Destroy, one of the worst 'hub' worlds I have played in in my time as a gamer; made frightfully worse by protagonist Travis Touchdown's dodgy motorcycle mechanics. When you've saved up enough money beating a series of challenges and mini games Travis dispenses a princely finder's fee into an ATM and he rushes off to do what he does best; kill someone. The actual pre boss levels are thrilling endurance races designed to test a gamer, and then you have possibly ten of the most unique and crazy boss fights this side of the millennium. Crazy, fun, not perfect but doesn't have to be. Heroes Paradise will sit on my game rack as one of my little guilty pleasures for some time to come. Expand
  7. May 16, 2013
    Almost ideal for video games:
    - Interesting and varied mini-games;
    - Catchy challenging bosses; - Improvement of the hero; - Vizulny individual style; - Humor, music and sound. So was supposed to be the God of War, but it made ​​a piece of for the kids. What else to expect from the West studio Well that game consoles are the real experts on the case from the Eastern studios that
    Almost ideal for video games:
    - Interesting and varied mini-games;
    - Catchy challenging bosses;
    - Improvement of the hero;
    - Vizulny individual style;
    - Humor, music and sound.
    So was supposed to be the God of War, but it made ​​a piece of for the kids. What else to expect from the West studio Well that game consoles are the real experts on the case from the Eastern studios that make a REAL video game, not QTE-movies.
    A masterpiece of modern gaming industry, is mandatory for gamers, it is not recommended to vanilla fans God of War, Uncharted and other modern "games."
  8. Mar 3, 2015
    This was an awesome game on the wii and it was an awesome game n ps3 as well. even though it was ported over from the wii controller it worked well with the ps3 controller as well. The game had added bosses and looked more polished than the original, but generally was the same game. If you liked it on the wii you will most definitely like it on the ps3.
  9. Apr 24, 2016
    I'm a big fan of Suda 51, in fact I'm sure that if someday he had the budget of a big title (like GTA, Zelda, Assassin's Creed, etc.) he would make a masterpiece, but for the moment let's see how it does with the "small" budget he has.

It is also important to remind that No More Heroes was originally a Wii game and therefore you can't expect it to have the same technical qualities that any PS3 game but nonetheless the Cel-shading style looks good enough the port was well done but you can see it came from the Wii with the emptiness of the city and levels in general. The framerate is steady and there is apparently no bugs in the game.

Concerning the gameplay you can play the game either with a classic controller or with a PS Move (if you have one) both work well, of course the PS Move is more fun as the game was made for motion controls (with a controller you just tilt the joysticks in the indicated direction). It's pretty fun and the side activities make for a nice change of gameplay (when the side missions are a little repetitive in their design).
    The game design is a bit repetitive after each level you have to earn enough cash to fight the next guy which is fun the first three times but the tenth...

The story here is crazy and could totally be adapted in manga or anime, I personally loved it but you might not get into the universe, the boss fights are greatly design and original with good voice overs. The game should last about 12 hours, which is neither long or short for the genre.

In conclusion No More Heroes: Heroes Paradise is a good port of another good game from director Suda51 and I'll advise for every one that likes japanese "non-sense" or if you're looking for nice boss fights.

But now, over three years since the release of the original, a lot of the gameplay seems lacking.
  2. Sep 2, 2011
    But really, part of what makes No More Heroes so enjoyable is the nearly nonsensical story, which is still intact here. Lots of 4th wall breaking going on by all parties, and a whole lot pokes are made at popular culture and various geek loves, like Star Wars, Transformers, and others.
  3. Sep 1, 2011
    If you never got around to playing the original on the Wii, or are just looking for an interesting, although flawed, game from the strange mind of Suda51, you can't go wrong with Heroes' Paradise.