6.2

1. Mar 17, 2013
    This game is way to tactical for me it is like the hardest and most stupidest games ever you die in one bullet or 2 and the gameplay is so hard to get used to!
  2. Feb 20, 2013
    The senarios you get put into during singleplayer are amazing and the high point of the experience. During my play time I really felt as if I was part of something bigger, almost like I was actually fighting with other soldiers in a war and not rambo taking on the world like any other fps game. missions are a high point as they are very realistic. One time you could be escorting a IED team and the next being flown into a battlezone to provide cover for wounded teammates to be extracted. Now here comes the bad part and why the game is getting a 5 in my eyes. The graphics are average at best and enemies are usually just a pixel on your screen at a distance. During some missions the frame rate will drop very low making combat frustrating at times. Your computer AI is for the most part worthless unless you tell them what to do at all times. The enemy AI is just laughable as the tactics the execute are nonexistant, they will just run out in the open and let you shoot them. Online can be laggy depending the host you get. Also the cursing in this game is absurd every other sentance has a cuss word or a vulgar referance it just gets old and annoying. To summarize it all up this game had so much more potential. Expand
  3. Jan 18, 2012
    This is everything you want in a tactical shooter just done really poorly. The ability to cammand and give orders to your fireteam consisting of you and the 3 other soldiers is good, but the terrrible AI often leads your men to taking up defensive positions on the wrong side of wall, or defending one side of the building whilst the enemy is attacking on the other. Th enemy is also poor in this sense as well and will rarely take cover when assaulting your positions and will instead stop running in the middle of an open field and stand there shooting at you. Codemasters has tried making up for the lack of quality enemies with quantity by sending hundreds of PLA soldiers at your measly squad of 13 which for some reason always seems to be tasked with capturing the most important objectives in the war with little support. The highlight however of the game is your squad leader Staff Sgt Knox, this characters brilliant voice acting draws you into the game and adds a real authenticity to it, and makes you actually feel apart of something. Expand
  4. Jul 18, 2011
    This game is not as bad as the COD junkies are making it out to be. Granted it's a little slow paced, but war doesn't involve getting shot by a barrage of bullets and then shrugging off the damage in a few seconds, it takes strategy and forward thinking; which is the core material of this game.
    The graphics are O.K. but certainly not impressive with today's standards, game physics are very
    realistic with bullet drops matching real world distances.
    One major problem is the AI fireteam, which can't shoot or follow orders to save their lives (literally). This can be eradicated with a co-op session with a group of friends. After all, teamwork is key for success.
  5. Jul 13, 2011
    I really like RR compared to Dragon Rising. The new game still has some bugs like during a last stand and running to get ammo, I get hit by a mysterious bullet (not actually even in the fire zone). But the game is quite entertaining if you have a good team. Maps are more colorful but still not up to Uncharted 2 or BF2 standards. I don't miss multiplayer at all. The new DLC is decent for the money (8 maps FTE). The game play is unmatched by today's FPS like COD, MW, BF2. No run and gun. I think Codemasters improved the game. Now they just need to focus on graphics, some connection online errors and make the game more towards ARMA II and it will have a cult following. Expand
  6. Mar 17, 2013

1. Jul 26, 2011
    Codemasters would be best served choosing to make their games either realistic or fun, and stop trying to find a balance between the two. Right now we are left with a game that alternates between frustrating and boring, but one that is never enjoyable.
  2. Jul 7, 2011
    If you are into shooters, then there are definitely better titles than this one. Operation Flashpoint: Red River suffers from slow pacing and too much time not even taking part in firefights. It deals more with having you playing Nurse Nightingale healing yourself and your team than a death-dealing marine. If that sounds like your idea of a good time, then go nuts.
  3. Jun 23, 2011
    Red River may not appeal to everyone – our sense is that it's too hardcore for the console crowd and doesn't have enough of a unique identity for the PC crowd – but that shouldn't dissuade fans of the series or of modern-warfare shooters from taking a playthrough.