Overlord: Raising Hell PlayStation 3

7.8

1. Jul 30, 2016
    Overlord is based on a good idea, play the bad guy in a fantasy world , but you nee more than ideas to make a good video game, so lets see how it fares.
    PS: Given the fact that I didn't play the original game I'll judge the extension as part of the game and not on its own.

Technically the game is clearly dated and could run on a PS2 if you compare it to games like God of War 2, but the framerate is steady even when there is 50 characters on the screen, and the design is good with childish looking characters in the opposite of the violence of the universe.

Gameplay wise the game is more a RTS (real time strategy) game than a true action RPG, because sure your character can attack on his own but it will be incredibly difficult and you'd better use your minions to fight, they come in four different classes each with their own speciality (healers, assassins, ranger and tanks), use them wisely as they can gain power by looting enemies but if they die the loot is lost and your replacement unit will start with nothing.It's fun if you like those strategic games but not if you'd prefer do the fighting yourself.

Concerning the story I'm a bit disappointed as even if you're suppose to be the evil itself and that you are fighting halflings, dwarfs, and humans, it's them that are bad and you're going to save the population, it would have been so more fun if you were here to destroy good rulers and impose your reign. The game will last about 20 to 25 hours which is a good time for this genre.

So in conclusion Overlord is a good game for the ones looking for a strategic game, which is pretty rare on console, but the disappointing story and the lack of depth in its core mechanics makes the game a bit repetitive. It could have been better but overall if you want to manage a minion's army I would advise it.
  2. JohnnyN.
    Jun 28, 2008
    Triumph realy out did them self with this great game GFJ.
  3. JustinO.
    Jun 27, 2008
    This game is sweet and intriguing. The first game I got for my ps3.
  4. steveNicklesoft
    Jun 25, 2008
    No goof, no badness, horrible.
  5. JohnD
    Jun 28, 2008
    This is a very good starter game for new gammers and is an all around good game I would reccomend it to anyone.
  6. JJZ.
    Jun 26, 2008
    Some of the best fun I have had all year~!
  7. ShamusM.
    Jun 27, 2008
    Great game for what you pay for good storyline and graphics.
  8. Aug 2, 2011
    This game is pretty funny. The minions says loads of funny things, the graphic is joyful. Gameplay is simple and immediate. The settings are varied, but after some hours the game could result boring and repetitive.
    The expansion pack is nice, and will make meet you some old "friends" from the main game.
  9. Dec 8, 2016
    this is one of my favorite games for sure and even when i get 40 i will remember it

pluspoints

+ controlling minions is a hell of fun
    +minions can be funny
    + cool enemies
    +good bossfights
    +cool enviroments ( it fits perfect with the overlord world)

now the negative points

- minions can be dumb
    - only one dlc is not that much
    it is truely a very good gimes just try it .....please

1. Play UK
    Overlord is a game that serves to please its master. Just stand back, lift and arm and raise holy hell. [Issue#167, p.92]
  2. While the game's superb comedy feel makes the experience great fun, any evilness is all but lost, which is a shame as a touch more comedy cruelty would have been brilliant.
  3. Overlord may not be the most dazzling game you'll play this year, but it is one of the freshest in execution.