7.1

1. Aug 20, 2013
    Way overhyped. This game is getting so much attention because no other game has done this yet (and so many want it) I feel like i'm playing a very early unfinished product. The AI is bad (and so bad that NOTHING compares to it) Better off not even calling it AI. You'll be in firefight and your AI friends will just stand in the middle of the street. Funny if it wasn't so sad. The cops..lol. You'll see them running..then disappear and reappear in different location. Love the soundtrack, style, and concept. I hope they rake in enough to actually make a decent game that is more playable online (better matchmaking) and fun offline splitscreen. If you disagree with this then you are wrong. Expand
  2. Aug 18, 2013
    Crazy cool game!! Game sounds crazy good and the rattle of a rifle when the robbery goes to hell makes me feel like I was in the final scene in the movie Heat. Buy it and discover just how fantastic a video game can be.
  3. Aug 16, 2013
    The best game of the world, Muito bom principalmente o modo cooperativo. Não levei muita fé mais depois que eu comprei esse jogo estou viciado e agora não quero saber de jogar outro.
  4. Mar 21, 2014
    I'm level 91. Let me repeat that....I'm level 91 and the max level is 100. So I **** you not when I tell you this game is best described as the following: A modd for an early 1998 3D pc game with upgraded mediocre graphics by today's standards. Don't follow me yet? I haven't seen ai this stupid since the first 3D fps games came out in the 90's. Hell I think I might be insulting some of those games by comparing them to payday 2. Worst ai I have any recollection of period. Got that? Okay let's move on...

You can complete missions one of two ways, in stealth without triggering endless waves of brainless police and swat, or trigger the alarm and do things while shooting. Let me just say that it pays more to just trigger the alarms and deal with the waves of endless bots. UNLESS you are in a group with mics that are all speced in one of the trees or are high enough level to be speced in multiple trees. If you are in a pug group you might as well just trigger the alarm since somebody is going to anyways...save some time.

Graphics - Mediocre is being a little bit nice. If you get up close to objects you can literally make out their colour bits (google 8 bit games). Everything close up looks like utter **** It's like minecraft quality. For some reason in 75% of the world you can't make bullet holes. So shooting most walls just doesn't leave any marks at all. The physics are completely nonexistent except for ragdoll effects. You walk right through most enemies and your teammates.

The maps have invisible walls right in the middle of open streets that only the ai can walk through.

There are so many glitches in this game it's not even funny. It's froze my ps3 3 times. Recently there's been an influx of host connection problems. It will say you are disconnected from psn (when you aren't) if you are the host and you lose everything in the middle of a game. If you aren't hosting it will say "connection to the host has been lost". Certain levels like the Diamond store are GLITCHED and CANNOT be completed in stealth because the getaway van doesn't open. You have to trigger the alarm and then wait for the van to come back to complete it.

So why in the hell is this getting positive reviews? I don't know tbh. I think it has something to do with the fact that people on the ps3 have never experienced this sort of game before (4 player coop with objectives and goals? sounds old but it's not in the context of robbery). I certainly haven't played anything like this on the ps3 before.

This is a modd....a beta version of a game if you will. It is not complete and yet they are selling it for ...29.99 or 39.99 as a full fledged game. This thing is still in development. It has a deep skill tree system and a bunch of good ideas....but it isn't done.

If you need to play this game go play it on pc. The console version is far far behind in updates and dlc. Infact if you play the console version and then look at the pc version on youtube you will think that it was payday 3. I don't even want to imagine what this game was like before the 25 gb update consoles got in 2013. I'm playing this thing in 2014 cause it's free on ps plus (I wonder why...).

The other thing to mention is how easy the hardest missions are. You can be in a team of lvl 50's or below and beat the hardest heists it has to offer. Thus it begs the question of why even bother going to lvl 100 when you've completed the hardest levels the game has to offer? (pc has higher difficulty levels)
    Oh and that's another thing. The game has hardly any levels. YOu will be running the same maps over and over and over again. Especially since 'rats' hands out an insane amount of exp compared to the others and can be completed on the highest difficulty SOLO in a fraction of the time it's counterparts take. It still feels like I am farming exp all the time just to unlock something that might help me do the mission in stealth.

The other issue with this game is the enemies have 100% accuracy and know EXACTLY where you are at all times. You can't hide behind bushes or try to sneak up on the enemy....they know exactly where you are 24/7. Even if you are inside a building behind a number of walls they know exactly where you are. The next problem is the shooting. Most of your shots will not register if you go full auto on someone. You have to fire in bursts. And most of the time you won't know when the enemy is dead or about to get up and shoot you again....so it's always a good idea to pound a few extra shots into them to make sure. Unlike most games this one has arcadey kind of enemy attacks. You will hardly ever see enemy gunshots...whether this is realistic or not it makes for some frustrating experiences since you won't know where in the hell the enemy is and where he is shooting you from. The other arcadey feature is full armour regeneration after about 4 seconds of not being attacked. Maybe by Payday 5 we will have a game deserving this metascore.
  5. Aug 18, 2013
    Is this game made by EA!? The public match making is broke so you can't join into random groups and good luck going solo the bots are useless and graphics are below average. Doesn't any one check their product before they release it?
  6. Aug 18, 2013
    This game isn't bad. It's very fun and challenging at times. However, the fact that I cannot get into a match AT ALL and the fact that there is no split screen co-op is ridiculous. This is the perfect game to have split screen co-op, but they completely neglected that. Perhaps they'll release an expansion or something, but until then, I won't be playing too much. The AI is so freaking stupid. If you play by yourself, expect to die alot. The AI cannot understand simple tasks like carrying bags or anything of that nature. The majority of the time they just stand there. Expand
  7. Dec 4, 2013
    Make no mistake, this is a multiplayer game. Playing it offline without an internet connection is next to impossible due to the bafflingly stupid AI. Add PS2-level graphics, slow loading times, texture pop-in issues and you will see why this isn't worth your time.
  8. Aug 16, 2013
    giving a 4, now if they fix the bugs that me and others are having I would give it an 8 but since I and others can't play co op on what is pretty much a 4 player co op game it is pretty much a waste of money. I have had the game for three days and have gotten into 3 matches 1 the the host was afk and never started so in three days I have played 2 matches. some people are not getting this bug but some are if you do get the game best of luck and hope the fix it soon Expand
  9. Aug 18, 2013
    Best game for sure! Have basically been non-stop since it came out with a couple of buddies. It is absolutely amazing, the best part is that you actually see the difference between all of the equipment you use and the sound is scary good!
  10. Aug 17, 2013
    Sadly, there are many technical issues that mar an otherwise great game- framerate drops, bad textures, and poor enemy AI rear their ugly heads more often than you'd think. However, these aren't enough to make a big dent in the experience, especially if you have friends to play with instead of searching for randoms.
  11. Aug 18, 2013
    This is an amazing game, if you got three friends to play it with. If you play mainly solo then you won't get far unless you focus on being a technician and doing everything yourself while the AI provides adequate cover, which is very hard and tedious.The game itself is fine, the graphics are better than I expected but certainly not award winning. The controls I found to be perfect, I know others have complained but I had no problems at all. The sound is good for this type game even the voiceovers are nicely done. The crime.net system is fantastic, it allows you to choose your next heist and gives you full details on difficulty, payout, etc. I really am not impressed with the skill tree system or the weapon modifications because the skill tree doesn't seem to add much until you get to at least level 20 and the weapons and mods are brutally expensive and only unlock at higher levels which will limit most players from ever obtaining them.
    Overall I recommend this game to all fans of FPS, if you got internet or three friends to play with, then this game is huge fun. If your playing alone then you'll need tons of patience and lots of luck.
  12. Aug 27, 2013
    Disappointing is the word for this game. The graphics weren't really improved from the first at all and the gameplay is the same which you know, isn't a bad thing until you discover the missions are exactly the same ideas as the first. The game has an extremely poor matchmaking system and becomes very hard to find decent games. Playing with a friend or solo, the game is really fun for about a week at max but then it's a complete bore. don't recommend if you have Payday 1. The game is like a large DLC. Expand
  13. Aug 14, 2013
    You and your crew slowly creep down the back alley that leads behind the jewelry store. You whisper to the team to stop as you peer around the corner scanning for any rent-a-cops that might be suspicious of your activity. "Pop!" One bullet from your partners silenced pistol and the security guard is down, now all that stands before you and thousand of dollars in gold and silver is a thin sheet of glass. "Do I break it and risk being heard?" You think to yourself, knowing that at the flip of a coin everything could go south. "Smash!" The window shatters as the butt of your gun hits it. "AHHH!" Screams a pedestrian, your heart races, then the alarm goes off! "Masks on guys!", it's time to go to work. Welcome to Payday 2, the heist in on!

Visit www.GameFan365.com for the full review
  14. Aug 16, 2013
    If you have online access, it's a must buy. If not, you may have to decide how much you really want it, because the AI aren't very impressive. Also, factor in that it is 40 bucks! That saves you 20 bucks off of usual new games. I would buy this if it was 60, too.
  15. May 11, 2014
    There's a great idea at the core of the game. Pulling off a heist and holding off the cops with your buddies in a video game sounds great, but unfortunately the game is a disappointment. With it's dated graphics, simple AI, and lackluster shooting, the whole experience feels subpar.

There's a certain level of brainless fun to be had here. There's a certain thrill to pulling off a
    successful heist and pulling in the money with others, and the game's best moments are when you are looting stores or loading up acquired cash in the back of a van while dodging gunfire, but ultimately it's the stuff between these sections that bring the game down. The moments when you're waiting to do something like drill into a safe or wait for your ride are overly long and are basically just you and your buddies fending off wave after wave of dull enemies. These waits make up the majority of the experience and just aren't much fun at all.

Allow me make something abundantly clear, this is not one you want to play by yourself at all. While there is some fun to be had with your friends, or even with strangers for that matter, it is hard to find any enjoyment with the experience at all on your own. With all of the better cooperative multiplayer games out there I find it hard to recommend this one at all. I have to say that I enjoyed the idea at work here. Maybe the developer will get it right with a Payday 3, because despite the all around subpar nature of it, there's the potential for a good game inside. As it stands now, there's really not much of a reason for me to recommend this one at all.
  16. Aug 23, 2013
    I know people complain about the online and the useless AI but I have to say, for the price the game is addicting. My AI does kill but it's unfortunate you cant order them to carry bag's or order them at all. I dont like the fact that upgrades and skills have a cost to them along with skill points only because the weapon MOD's are very expensive. I do wish it didnt take so many bullets to take down the cops but no game like it out and addicting as all hell. Expand
  17. Jun 8, 2014
    A multiplayer game, that was meant to be played with friends/ or with a mic. If you're weren't playing with either like I was, good chance you didn't play this game much..like me. Multiplayer aspects aside, the core gameplay of the game was "meh" at best. ps2 graphics, with little to no excitement when actually in game doing heists..just point and shoot..point and shoot.. very lame objectives in some of the missions too..but yeah only play with friends or with a group with mic's, or forget about it. Expand
  18. Jun 20, 2014
    I downloaded the game when it came up on PlayStation plus as I liked the sound of it. After playing through the first couple of missions I'm amazed that there are so many positive reviews. When compared to the standard of games graphically and gameplay wise it feels like it was built for ps2. Just so bad. Frustrating gameplay. AI of team members and cops is shocking. No incentive to push on with it. Deleted it from the system already. Very poor. Expand
  19. Sep 14, 2013
    Why are people getting so about an awesomely addictive, CHEAP game? I've played this all week its such a blast! Okay, not many maps, but who gives a Online mode is great, and each player you work with can make it the best heist, or ruin it (can barely troll in this game thank God!) I love getting mods and masks and making the perfect death setup. Only problem I've encountered is the game freezes. barely though. It is good as a host because you can kick the player who isn't pulling their own weight. Awesome game. More mature players only compared to COD. I love this as a mature gamer.my advice get it. Its cheap and you will have hours and hours of heart pounding fun. Expand
  20. Aug 23, 2013
    i love this game!! they fixed matchmaking on ps3 now its extremely easy to get in a match the ever changing matches is great for replayability and trying to earn every mask weapon mod and money is rewarding pick this up for a great time
  21. Jun 23, 2014
    threw a bag of cocaine into the water a fish threw it back! 11/10................................................................................................................................
  22. Apr 13, 2014
    I love this game. Been playing since launch,,but stRted playing it everyday again..I give it a 10 because it's soooo easy to play 1 quick 20 minute session whenever I don't have POWER-GAMING TIME...
    I haven't tried multiplayer,, but I'd rather play with bots then strangers..
  23. Feb 15, 2014
    I really like this game. It has nice mechanics, sweet gameplay, and a pretty freaking cool soundtrack if you like techno. People complain about stealth in this game, but whilst stealth IS an option in many jobs, it's not heavily relied on by ANYONE. Even the people who complain about stealth being buggy don't rely on stealth I can almost promise you that. The game gets tense when it comes down to waiting for escape or a drill to open a door/safe and includes many tactics you'd think of if you were to pull off these jobs. For instance taking hostages and trading them for team mates who were taken into custody. I recommend it for anyone who likes games about teamwork and had a few friends to play it with. Expand
  24. Dec 17, 2013
    Unbelieveable. I've never played a Payday game until now, and I've downloaded the demo just to see if it's worth. I love robbery/heist games but this game is some sort of Left 4 Dead with even more ridiculous stuff.
    The frame rate is terrible, and when someone connects to your game; you just wait him for like a minute. How does that makes sense, seriously.
  25. Dec 29, 2013
    Really good gameplay and level development, but I have an issue with the fact that you can't do that much in the game and that you can't spend your Offshore Savings Account. It's very repetitive, the same missions over and over again. I would like more of a storyline to the game and include stealth more into the game. Otherwise, it's a relatively good game and worth about 40$.
  26. Sep 23, 2014
    What a game !!! 10/10

After 105 hours of game as I always have fun on! It's really a great surprise for me

The players are mature and does not hesitate to explain properly to get you started

Very realistic
  27. Jun 26, 2014
    This game is just a mess. I mean it's fun when you are playing online with people, but some of the rounds just last forever and never amount to any real fun. The level design is atrocious. The outside of buildings look so nice and similar to left 4 dead, but the second you go inside them it's just terrible. I mean really there are some rooms that have nothing in them, in the mall level especially, and the walls just look like a low-res picture of "white" someone got off of google. It feels like they worried to much about the amount of content and forgot about how to make the gameplay fun and the maps realistic. The AI is atrocious and will be looking at you and not even shooting most of the time.

The best part is all the guns, upgradable **** and your own hideout. I suppose there is a good variety of missions too, even if most of them are ****e. If you can get this game for dirt cheap and wanna play it with some friends one weekend then go ahead, but do not spend more than 15$ on this or you are just getting conned. The online for the first kane and lynch game does this whole game better, and thats just a simple online.
  28. Oct 23, 2014
    A really well designed game. Where you have to think like a robber to get your Payday. This game is lots of fun for you and your friends to play, you and your friends have to communicate to try to get your Heist pulled off.
  29. Oct 21, 2014
    I love this game for a number of reasons. The variation of maps and the ability to approach missions dynamically and however you want gives the player a huge amount of control. Over time you will learn the missions well, but as they are randomly generated each time no one playthrough will ever be the same. A number of variables, from the reliability of the escape driver to the location of a keycard can change the way a session plays out and ensures a dynamic game each and every time.

The game can feel quite cinematic at times, and this is a good thing. I always felt like I was playing a part of a bigger picture and the intense shootout which I normally found myself a part of where action-packed and smart. Stealth, while hyped up to be a lot more accessible in this game, is not. Unless you're playing with either a group of high-level players all with mics or a group of friends there is no point trying to stealth a map, as you can almost guarantee a low-level player with none of the proper skills or attachments will end up triggering the alarm. It isn't really an option in single-player either. Single-player feels quite broken, as the AI for your teammates is basically shot the enemies and revive the player. There isn't the dynamic flow and immense payoff for hard work that you get when playing online.

Another thing that bugs me is that many of the updates released for PC months ago still haven't come to PS3 or Xbox 360. I've been wanting to try Big Bank for ages but I can't because Overkill won't release the updates for consoles.

Overall though this is a fun game and becomes a blast when playing with friends. The cinematic feel and dynamic situations ensure endless replayability.

1. Payday 2 plays differently each time you boot it up. Nothing ever goes the way you planned, but that does not mean it does not feel the same each and every time. Despite its repetitive ways, this second payday feels more streamlined and fun than the first one. [October 2013 p.95]
  2. Sep 25, 2013
    Worthless solo but superb as an online game. [Issue#235, p.83]
  3. Coupled with a stronger focus on the sound and feel of gunplay, gamers are granted the chance to pull off memorable robberies worthy of Ocean’s Eleven, with shoot-outs as intense as Three Kings, unfortunately minus the Clooney. [October 2013, p82]