• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Aug 24, 2010
3.4

1. Jul 8, 2012
    A unique take on the racing genre. Small sprites make a good eye and quick reflexes essential. The CPU races fair and provides a decent enough challenge. It's fast, can make you furious, but it's still a nice little distraction.
  2. Nov 15, 2012
    Like many other PixelJunk games, Racers: 2nd Lap takes a well-known genre and innovates in ways that most developers probably never imagined. Therein is the draw and drawback, however, as each interesting idea is held back by a limited scope. Most modes introduce a solid concept with the promise of a different experience; but, the majority of these modes break down to being a simple test of reflexes and a quick eye, with a few exceptions. Despite this, the whole package is very well done, from the simple but clean graphics, to the catchy, appropriate music, and every mode is fun for a while. If only there was just a bit of depth, a bit of complexity, this could have been a classic. As it stands, it's a fun diversion for fans of arcade racers, just don't play it for more than twenty minutes at a time. Expand
  3. May 24, 2012
    I take my last review back. At first it seems fun, but after a few minutes youll get fustered, board, and have a headache from the graphics. I got it for $1 and it was not worth it not even a little bit.
  4. Dec 18, 2013
    It seems fun in the first round but after a while I noticed I didn't really see where my own car was during the racing and it's confusing to look upside down as well.

1. Jan 13, 2011
    The concept here is actually quite intriguing, as such PixelJunk Racers 2nd Lap is a very neat arcade game. However, without mentioning the cheap visuals, the general game design is repetitive and frustrating, not really linked to simple control scheme and ideas such as these. It takes just a few minutes to realize PixelJunk Racers 2nd Lap is more about luck than skills, quite a negative feature for an arcade racing game.
  2. Dec 25, 2010
    Funky it may be, Racers is simply too hard on the eyes. [Issue#231, p.93]
  3. But with up to seven players supported in multiplayer, the options for incendiary silliness are obvious. If you've got it already then it's a no-brainer, but otherwise it's inessential fun from one of the best indie developers out there.