7.4

1. Oct 27, 2014
    Sort of like Sony's answer to Smash Bros. Just like that series it takes various mascots from the different series that the company has put out and let's you fight them. It's also filled with references to the company's proud history. The strength here is how it manages to make each character feel different from one another while still capturing what makes them, well, them. It's aSort of like Sony's answer to Smash Bros. Just like that series it takes various mascots from the different series that the company has put out and let's you fight them. It's also filled with references to the company's proud history. The strength here is how it manages to make each character feel different from one another while still capturing what makes them, well, them. It's a remarkably balanced fighter that any Sony fan should check out.

It's got it's differences from Smash Bros. The focus is building up meters that allow super attacks to beat enemies. There are also a tone of unlockables. I just wish they were more interesting. Mostly they're just backfgrounds and icons for your in-game customizable emblems. The costumes and "minions" are pretty cool though. There's a great selection of characters to choose from.

This is something I would like to become a series for Sony. What's here is already great, but you can totally see how they can expand on it in the same way Nintendo keeps expanding their Smash Bros. series. New entries with different types of unlockables, stages, and fighters from more of Sony's catalog of games would be awesome. Especially considering how great the game already is.

As it stands it's a great fighter. If Sony considers making this a franchise then they could have a cool alternative to Nintendo's excellent series. This is a great start to what could be a great series. I just want to see more of it. My total score for it is a 8.7/10.
  2. Jan 18, 2013
    So this game doesn't have the same amount of content that smash bros. has, but it has high replay value and a more advanced fighting system. The result is a flawed but very fun brawler.
  3. Feb 13, 2016
    Playstation All Stars is a very mixed bag. The fighting is VERY similar to Smash Bros, but not exactly the same. One thing I found very disappointing about this game is the way they dumb down bad-ass characters, like Kratos, Drake, and Radec. They are awesome in their own games, but very weak here. The campaign's are pretty uninteresting too. The main thing that holds All Stars up is thePlaystation All Stars is a very mixed bag. The fighting is VERY similar to Smash Bros, but not exactly the same. One thing I found very disappointing about this game is the way they dumb down bad-ass characters, like Kratos, Drake, and Radec. They are awesome in their own games, but very weak here. The campaign's are pretty uninteresting too. The main thing that holds All Stars up is the excellent fighting, and the great online mode. Buy this game if you want a slice of the Smash Bros action and you don't own a Wii, but apart from that, there are better fighting games out there. Expand
  4. Sep 6, 2014
    PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royal is a fun game for PlayStation gamers. While it is not perfect, the gameplay is fun and competitive. The character selection is decent, even though it is missing a few necessities. That issue aside, this is a great game.
  5. Jan 19, 2013
    An epic game and a hilarious game. Super Smash Bros can't have characters like PlayStation and the characters are great. The PlayStation and Sony Computer Entertainment made a awesome game.
  6. Feb 9, 2013
    I'll start this review saying that I'm a huge fan of the Super Smash Brothers franchise and have played all of them almost to infinity. Except Brawl. With that said, I have to say that this game is extremely enjoyable and...fun! Finally a fun and simple game to play with, without bothering super realistic mechanics of graphics (which are good), and just focuses on smacking enemies allI'll start this review saying that I'm a huge fan of the Super Smash Brothers franchise and have played all of them almost to infinity. Except Brawl. With that said, I have to say that this game is extremely enjoyable and...fun! Finally a fun and simple game to play with, without bothering super realistic mechanics of graphics (which are good), and just focuses on smacking enemies all around the arena. Just like Super Smash Brothers. Even if it's considered a "rip-off", I'll be honestly fair:: it does somethings differently, enough that it could be considered totally different; for instance, you don't throw your enemies away, but you actually have to kill them with a special skill: that changes some characters' mechanics and skills. The roster also is rather fun and has some nice choices (and some BAD choices too), although some characters aren't exactly fun to play with and are very hard to use...which is good! It gives some depth for some characters, in order to be used properly. Although, a lot of characters have too many ranged attacks, but since you have to use a skill, which is different per character (either range and speed etc), I honestly haven't seen that much unbalance like it should. It has also challenges that, even if silly and kinda uninteresting, they actually are good for training more your character in using the skills he has, so I can't say it's totally useless. Maybe just unappealing. It's not a flawless game, but even if flaws can be either big or small, I have one personal flaw that some may or may not agree: the roster itself. We got some iconic characters from the playstation world (well duh!), most of them are ok...but some are just...right. For instance...where's Crash? Spyro?! Lara Croft?!?!Dante (the white haired)?!!?! CLOUD!?! I just named a few "BIG" iconic characters from the Playstation world, and even if I'm not a big fan of most of these they are STILL important figures of the Playstation world that should have been inside from the very start. Instead, we get..."new dante" from DmC (even if not a fan of either new and old dante, this one is still my less favourite); the Fat Princess...from Fat Princess on PSP (no comment...), Raiden from Metal Gear Solid (....the name itself implies that the main character, is NOT Raiden), Radec from Killzone (really? Killzone? Is Call of Duty next?); Toro from that japanese game (Together Everywhere! it says. Never heard of it). Although, I admit that some other are actually good and I appreciate their addition (Spike from Ape Escape, Daniel from Medievil, Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, and my favourite: Sly Cooper!!!), the roster could have used a LOT more of iconic characters and I'm almost sure we gonna get more that won't be of our interest (I can almost see Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII in the future...). But it still has potential to deliver most of the iconic characters we loved and still love to this way...and that's what "makes" this game really. It has technical flaws, it can be considered whatever they think it is, it can be better in some other details, but I'm pretty sure that most of us are interested on the game mostly for the simple yet fun mechanics AND the characters themselves. It's like a dive into nostalgia and, as far I can see, the big reason to avoid this game, it's if you prefer more technical or more complex fighting games, with more realistic mechanics and just...more technical details. But if you like simple fighting games where you could bash others with few buttons together with friends just like old times (it has online, and it works...but it's BEST played offline with friends), I highly recommend to give it a try and try enjoying it for what it is. A simple and fun fighting game with your favourite characters of all time! Expand
  7. Aug 27, 2017
    Even admitting that Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale is no rival for Super Smash Bros (the game it undoubtedly is influenced by), it is still a rather good fighting game. More importantly, it is really addictive.

There is a significant number of characters (even though it could be larger), each of them with their special attacks and abilities. The levels are also always different and do have an influence on the combat.

Evidently enough, the game truly shines when played with friends, either offline or online (despite the connection not being too good, I think). This could perfectly be considered a competitive video game for esports.
  8. Jan 5, 2013
    Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale is a great brawler/fighting game, with fair amount unique characters and stages, well, except from Cole and Evil Cole, two characters that are practically the same in almost every way (which is silly); but other than those two, the characters are extremely unique with their own massive move sets to show off. The multi-player being the mode to show offPlaystation All-Stars Battle Royale is a great brawler/fighting game, with fair amount unique characters and stages, well, except from Cole and Evil Cole, two characters that are practically the same in almost every way (which is silly); but other than those two, the characters are extremely unique with their own massive move sets to show off. The multi-player being the mode to show off the greatness of the whole game, at the same time...The single-player being slightly disappointingly short and not insanely fun, being ultimately not quite the experience of the multi-player. If you want to know... This game is a fair bit different to Smash Bros and is it's own, special game for those fans of Playstation or even those of fighters (as in game genre). This game is definitely recommended; also, those people who have been giving this game 0-4 out of ten are probably trolls. So I give this game... 8.6/10! Expand
  9. Dec 27, 2013
    It combines characters, environments and ideas into a tight package that manages to keep you entertained. PlayStation All-Stars is its own game, and it even happens to do some things better than what inspired it. You and your friends will have blast with this game especially as a party game.
  10. Jan 10, 2013
    This game is fun it is a lot like super smash bro.s in looks but it is much harder to master and the play style is different there are many different modes in this game similar to smash bro.s but as much because smash bro.s has had time to fix there mistakes in the past the stages and character designs are awesome but there arent enough characters despite that there is promised dlcThis game is fun it is a lot like super smash bro.s in looks but it is much harder to master and the play style is different there are many different modes in this game similar to smash bro.s but as much because smash bro.s has had time to fix there mistakes in the past the stages and character designs are awesome but there arent enough characters despite that there is promised dlc coming levels and characters alike the multiplayer works great almost no lag 99% of the time if you are a fan of fighting games or playstation you should get this its very fun Expand
  11. Dec 25, 2012
    Wow i see a lot of hate in this. Giving a zero to a game? Seriously a zero? i understand a 4 but a 0 coming from people that just give 10's to nintendo and wii games is just lame. This is not about a console war, but about giving fair ratings to the games. If you didn't played it or you just don't like the Playstation just don't rate the games and come back for the nintendo. I like thisWow i see a lot of hate in this. Giving a zero to a game? Seriously a zero? i understand a 4 but a 0 coming from people that just give 10's to nintendo and wii games is just lame. This is not about a console war, but about giving fair ratings to the games. If you didn't played it or you just don't like the Playstation just don't rate the games and come back for the nintendo. I like this game, it's not perfect but i have a lot of fun playing it on multiplayer and solo. And playing with some of my favorite characters of my loved games is just awesome. And again Kratos came and kicked-ass in this game. Expand
  12. Nov 14, 2013
    Graphics: The graphics look great; each character appears to look exactly like the actual games they represent, except for drake, the image of his face looks kind of different. Other than that the environments look great, although sometimes while battling I lost view of where my character was at. The game isn’t the best looking game but it definitely does shine. 8.5.

Sound: Amazing

Sound: Amazing sound track, voices acting is there, meaning the correct ones (at least I think) for each character. Reuses of original game sound track are great. 10.

Gameplay: Similar to Nintendo’s smash, although PlayStation all-stars has its own legs. Only problem is the game has no damage, you continually attack an opponent just to build a super. You can build up to an x3 super which pretty much allows you to kill off everyone on screen. The only problem with this is that not every character is balanced; some characters can get more kills with x3 or even lower super gauges. While it seems like they were designed to be balanced by having some characters build up a super faster, it still feels unbalanced. There are still the over powered characters, and as for the roster it is really good, but a lot more classical PlayStation characters, and multiplatform characters could be there. Overall the game is still a great party game, and an excellent multiplayer game with a good ranking system in which you actually level down. 8.5.

Story: This is the worst part about the game, the story is lacking a lot. There are certain moments in the arcade portion (one in-game cut scene to be exact) which are fun to watch is, and they should have added more of these. 5.

Lasting Appeal/Value: Worth it if you’re a fan of PlayStation/fighting games similar to Nintendo’s smash bros. I platinumed the game in 2 days, but the multiplayer will give you endless fun as well as playing with others as a party game. 10.

Overall Score: 8.4 out of 10.
  13. Jan 8, 2014
    While not nearly as good or addicting as Smash Bros, the game is very fun. The gameplay is addicting and fun and most of the characters are fun to use (Raiden especially). However, this game should have been much more. The roster could have been better, the balancing issues are pretty bad (again, Raiden) the arcade mode is garbage and the customization is disappointing. However, playingWhile not nearly as good or addicting as Smash Bros, the game is very fun. The gameplay is addicting and fun and most of the characters are fun to use (Raiden especially). However, this game should have been much more. The roster could have been better, the balancing issues are pretty bad (again, Raiden) the arcade mode is garbage and the customization is disappointing. However, playing this game with your friends is whole lot of fun. While not a must have, you should give it a try. Expand
  14. Dec 2, 2012
    This is a great game, i'm not a fan of unrealistic fighters like this but i was blown away by the quality of this game, and i think it's kinda sad that some Nintendo fanboys are just giving it low scores calling it a clone or whatever, give this game a chance, it's not a clone, beleve me.
  15. Jun 27, 2014
    Its like Smash Bros! But not as good :| The thing that really kills this game is the supers, which is the main aspect of the game! What you do is hit people to get AP. Now if getting AP was the point of the game, then it would be better, but, no. What you have to do is use that AP to get more super energy. Then you use that energy to do a level 1, 2 or 3 finisher (which is the only way toIts like Smash Bros! But not as good :| The thing that really kills this game is the supers, which is the main aspect of the game! What you do is hit people to get AP. Now if getting AP was the point of the game, then it would be better, but, no. What you have to do is use that AP to get more super energy. Then you use that energy to do a level 1, 2 or 3 finisher (which is the only way to kill enemies) The level 1 usually sucks, & is cancelable by enemy attack. Level 2 is usually better, and is un-cancelable. Level 3 is usually a stage clearer, an invincible transformation, or the latter with a few tweaks to the other players. One positive thing I can say about the supers, is that it has a pretty neat effect. Expand
  16. Dec 2, 2012
    Amazing game, if you read the negative reviews you'll see how ridiculous they are. I wasn't expecting much of this game but believe me, it surprises you, by the way it hasa story mode and lots of unlockables. Don't let trolls fool you.
  17. Feb 3, 2014
    I like this game, it is almost better than super smash brothers! With some work, I think the inevitable number 2 on ps4 WILL be better than ssb simply because of the system's power...
  18. Feb 8, 2013
    This is a DIFFERENT game than Super Smash Bros. It is not a clone, but definitely draws from the original idea.

First, the biggest WOW factor" for me is the cross-play/cross-buy between the Vita and PS3 version. This is an idea that is fantastic. Not only is the value of the purchase significant, but the whole idea is something I've been waiting for awhile now. The character roster is doable. It is not going to satisfy everyone. You will always have those "where is this character?" and "why didn't they include this character?" people, but the amount of playable characters is sufficient for a first go-around. The characters feel like you took them directly out of their original games and put them into the battle arena. What I mean is that they characters actually feel like they do in their own games, which is something I can't say for Super Smash Bros. The story mode is lazy with really no substance. It's the biggest detractor. They had a huge opportunity to blow any Super Smash comparisons out of the water with a superb single player story, but entered the same pitfall and ended up actually considerably worse than its prime competitor. The unlockables are great, but still not as solid as Super Smash. I had spent many hours with SSB Brawl that had more meaningful and varied unlockables. The games biggest gameplay difference is the Special Gauge. Once this meter fills up, you perform your special which is the only way to get kills. This style will grow on you, but it makes character selection more heavy on their specials than the normal combat moves. The game seems to focus on online play, which is definitely fine by me. It's fun and connection is pretty seamless.

Overall, I'd definitely recommend it.
  19. Jan 15, 2013
    I remember playing super smash for hours on end when I was younger, and I was expecting a similar experience but with characters that I had attachment to in the playstation universe that I spent a lot more time on. Unfortunately i didn't click quite as well as I hoped but what I did play I really enjoyed. I completed over half the campaigns but I find this game to be more of a localI remember playing super smash for hours on end when I was younger, and I was expecting a similar experience but with characters that I had attachment to in the playstation universe that I spent a lot more time on. Unfortunately i didn't click quite as well as I hoped but what I did play I really enjoyed. I completed over half the campaigns but I find this game to be more of a local multiplayer rather than a play through all the campaigns by myself. The concept of using Supers to get kills was concerning when it was first announced but after playing the beta I wasn't so bothered by it and now having played the actual game I've gotta say, I really like it. I'm not very familiar with how fighting games tend to en structured but I found it frustrating that some characters first supers were super easy to get and really effective, white other took forever to build up a sup that turned out to be fairly crappy. Maybe playing with more characters and understanding their techniques would overcome that issue but I don't foresee myself playing with characters I'm not interested in. I thought the levels were good but didn't really feel myself taking advantage of them and rather just adapting to those that were dynamic throughout the match. Visually I thought it looked great and even on the vita I was impressed. Online is a lot of fun too, and being able to play with a friend is great. It's unfortunate that people didn't get into it all that much, it definitely deserves a fan base. I'd say that if you have a ps3 and are into fighting games it is definitely worth it, especially if it's on sale. Expand
  20. Nov 24, 2012
    An superb take on the brawler genre! Whilst it does have its problems including character balancing issues (Kratos in particular is still a bit of a nuisance.) and at times it feels as if all the skills you've learned in the trial modes don't quite pay off online, as a whole its a great games. Now there are obvious comparisons to SSB but I suggest that's where you stop with artisticAn superb take on the brawler genre! Whilst it does have its problems including character balancing issues (Kratos in particular is still a bit of a nuisance.) and at times it feels as if all the skills you've learned in the trial modes don't quite pay off online, as a whole its a great games. Now there are obvious comparisons to SSB but I suggest that's where you stop with artistic concept. The gameplay mechanisms are so different that to go into this expecting SSB is a big mistake. Unlike the team Sora's title this game tries to find a middle ground between party brawler and serious fighter, which leads to its distinctiveness but also it's downfalls. As stated above learning a full set of moves and how to implement combos might work out effectively for the most part, especially in 1 V 1 but not so much with 4 brawlers on the screen, which is disappointing but not the end of the world as they will still come in handy when your not pelted to the other side of the screen. Finally to get my last to 'bad' points out of the way, the presentation of the game defiately lacks finesse. Bare menus, often WTF VO's for the intro and a slapdash approach to many of the rival battles is slightly disapointing and is a low note. The 'Last boss' is also very disappointing, fair enough I didn't want a boss as hard as Seth or Shao Khan but I did want a boss which wasn't just a collection of fighter from the game it is quite underwhelming and I belive it might have been better to take the Seth approach in having a single boss with the move set of a few of the characters from the game, it just seems like a missed opportunity. With all of this said the game really shines with its seamless cross play functionality and cross save functionality which run flawlessly (albeit without cross trophy support currently). Also some of the deeper depth is great and whilst I moaned a bit about it earlier its certainly nice to have some deeper skill under the hood the the mechanics. The roster is nice and varied and actually I find the close ranged characters better despite many complaining about the long rangers. But most of all its great fun especially in MP, and if you have a whole group of your friends in a party on Vita and PS3 it is an absolute blast to play. Presentation: 7
    Gameplay:8.5
    Graphics: 8
    Longevity: 9.5
    Overall: 8.5
  21. Nov 20, 2012
    Mixed reviews is good to show to everybody that they are just personal opinions and not the truth. This game will please anyone, like me, that loves tha Playstation brand. Amazing game. 10/10
  22. Nov 20, 2012
    Two words: Mind. Blown. Wow, I must admit, my expectations and excitement for this game was very low throughout the year. I saw footage, wasn't blown away. Heard the character roster, wasn't blown away. Then, I played the beta. Only four characters, but I still started to get a feel for the game and what exactly Superbot was trying to accomplish. It slowly started to make sense. SoundsTwo words: Mind. Blown. Wow, I must admit, my expectations and excitement for this game was very low throughout the year. I saw footage, wasn't blown away. Heard the character roster, wasn't blown away. Then, I played the beta. Only four characters, but I still started to get a feel for the game and what exactly Superbot was trying to accomplish. It slowly started to make sense. Sounds weird I know, especially with a game that appears on the surface to be rather shallow. Build meter. Super. Rinse and repeat right? When you first pick up the sticks, understanding what exactly you're supposed to do may feel a little foreign if you haven't done this kind of thing before. But MY OH MY once sink your teeth into it, once you figure out the little nuances and the variations of playstyles depending on the character you pick (characters you're fighting against) AND the level you're fighting in (trust me, it matters) what you discover is a game of mighty depth. A game with gameplay so addictive I have not stop playing for one minute since last night at midnight. It's incredibly fun. Incredibly addictive. Incredibly nuanced. Superbot has pulled off the impossible. They actually made a GREAT FIGHTING GAME combined with a great social experience. Four on Four chaos is how this game was meant to be enjoyed. Even if it's just you, or you and a friend playing, add two AI characters into the mix because when it's four on four the fun factor quadruples to astronomical heights. Ok, whew, now back to the action. Oh, and thank you Superbot. Thank you. Expand
  23. Dec 28, 2012
    Ok,I've seen a lot of bad reviews of this game and I had it for Christmas and I can say that this is it.THIS is the ultimate fighting game that the PS3 needed.It looks like SSB but it's a completely different experience.The online is great the kinds of battles that you can find are awesome.The only bad side is that there are missing a lot of characters as: Crash, Spyro, Snake(MGS),Ok,I've seen a lot of bad reviews of this game and I had it for Christmas and I can say that this is it.THIS is the ultimate fighting game that the PS3 needed.It looks like SSB but it's a completely different experience.The online is great the kinds of battles that you can find are awesome.The only bad side is that there are missing a lot of characters as: Crash, Spyro, Snake(MGS), Spencer(Bionic Commando), Commander Shepard(Mass Effect) and the old Dante.If you own a copy of SSBB and you play this you'll not feel any difference because they are both great games.Buy this game!!! Expand
  24. Nov 28, 2012
    I freaking love this game. I haven't been this addicted to a video game in such a long time. If you've been on the fence on this game, I suggests that you get it.
  25. Nov 25, 2012
    This game is much better than I expected. The fighting is deep, the controls are perfect, and the supers system works really well and is a nice change of pace from every other fighter. The only annoyance is why the hell is Bioshock Infinite and MG Rising and the new DMC in here when they aren't even released. If any of them end up sucking, they will be forever stuck tarnishing this game.
  26. Feb 13, 2013
    The menus seem like that of an N64-era fighting game, and the story is super weak, but it is a fighting game, and that tends to happen. Aside from those issues, I had a lot of fun with this game. The fighters feel very different from each other, but I never feel like I am at a severe disadvantage with any character. If you enjoy playing fighting games online, then PSAS is for you.
  27. Feb 21, 2013
    To get this out of the way PS ALL STARS BR>SUPERSMASH, in my opinion, il this game, I JUST GOTTA BELIEVE its so fun, I love t-bagging, it is more fun than in super smash, I love spamming as raiden/dante, I love costumes, many are accurate to the games of the characters, like dante's undershirt appears when you beat son of sparda, the rosie big daddy, in a cutscene IN Parappa the rappa,To get this out of the way PS ALL STARS BR>SUPERSMASH, in my opinion, il this game, I JUST GOTTA BELIEVE its so fun, I love t-bagging, it is more fun than in super smash, I love spamming as raiden/dante, I love costumes, many are accurate to the games of the characters, like dante's undershirt appears when you beat son of sparda, the rosie big daddy, in a cutscene IN Parappa the rappa, Parappa is in a rocket, WITH THE SPACE OUTFIT, I also love more than ANYTHING in this game, the online mode! I love t-bagging and seeing others t-bag, it is a thrill when some t-bag when I do, and barely any gets done in the battle, play as Spike, taunt- YOU'LL NEVEAH WIIIYNE, HIALRIOUS, I love the rewarding feeling in ranked match when you belt-up! Now cons, sometimes matches take sooooo long to be found, I just like the filter, except if I use it to perfect specifications for me, I don't want to wait 10 minutes for a 2-14 minutes battle, it's just crap. Also, cheap crap like Kratos's EVERY ATTACK, Drake's Barrels (btw when he pulls that crap on infamous tower I am envisioned to an atari, except Nathan Drake is Donkey Kong, Fat Princess is peach, Sackboy in a Mario Costume is Mario, BULLCRAP), i hate KAT'S BUTT**** GRAVITY PULL, the range is an EXTREMELY cheap opportunity for RIDICULOUS COMBOS! Now things for a sequel (it obviously deserves one). More characters more people know about, Give Kratos less cheap garbage blows. Put an adventure mode. But for now, ITS GREAT Expand
  28. Nov 20, 2012
    I seriously cannot get enough of this game! Even the single-player is well thought out, charming in its writing, and fun to run through with any character. The balancing is perfect, as promised. ;) The multi-player both online and offline is smooth and addicting.
  29. Mar 23, 2013
    Too many people compare this to SSB for no reason! Treat it like it's a different game and maybe you may enjoy it better. The combat in this game is not bad at all. Having to use your specials to get a knockout isn't as bad as you think. Once they've finally release all the DLC they'll do for the game (still hoping for Crash and Spyro), perhaps people will change their minds.
  30. Dec 29, 2012
    The game is good enough to bring amazing fun between friends and online. It has an amazing potential but it really dropped the potential on the solo mode with the stories of each character instead of chosen for each character a CG their chose the stupid and lazy way the art with short dialogues.
  31. Dec 2, 2012
    Overall, I really enjoy this game. The music is great, there are many different characters and maps to choose from, and the fighting is just so much fun! For each character there are many different things you can customize about them. You can change their costume, or maybe change their intro, outro, taunt, or victory music. The only problem I have with this game is that most of the cutOverall, I really enjoy this game. The music is great, there are many different characters and maps to choose from, and the fighting is just so much fun! For each character there are many different things you can customize about them. You can change their costume, or maybe change their intro, outro, taunt, or victory music. The only problem I have with this game is that most of the cut scenes are just artwork. But the intro cut scene is just amazing! If you liked Super Smash Bros, you will love PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale. Expand
  32. Jan 7, 2013
    First off I never knew this game was coming out and when I did hear about it I didn't even know what kind of game it was but it is pretty damn good. I've had every game system known to man since 1985 and I don't get why people hate this game because it is a PS character game WOW!!!! That is dumb. Are nintendo fanboys that jealous that the only halfway mature game they get is smash brothersFirst off I never knew this game was coming out and when I did hear about it I didn't even know what kind of game it was but it is pretty damn good. I've had every game system known to man since 1985 and I don't get why people hate this game because it is a PS character game WOW!!!! That is dumb. Are nintendo fanboys that jealous that the only halfway mature game they get is smash brothers and try to talk like its all that it isn't. Also lots of people are talking about the graphics being worse than a Wii game seriously??? You must be playing it on that same **** tv you play your Wii on because the graphics are great. Stuff gets a little small but still good and it runs smooth which is most important to me. As far as the fun factor it is definitely there always fun with every character. It is easy enough to pick up and play but deep enough to learn an array of combos if wanted. Stop hatin play it and have fun oh yeah and the online is like video game CRACK!!!! Expand
  33. Nov 20, 2012
    For readers, ignore the terrible reviews by the fanboys who cried for Spyro or Crash, or just the ones claiming this game is a clone of SSBB when it's not. All-Stars Battle Royale is unique in it's own way with it's combat system and it's mix of games to form one stage. All 20 (and DLC) characters have bonus costumes (not switched color palettes like SSBB) and each one has their ownFor readers, ignore the terrible reviews by the fanboys who cried for Spyro or Crash, or just the ones claiming this game is a clone of SSBB when it's not. All-Stars Battle Royale is unique in it's own way with it's combat system and it's mix of games to form one stage. All 20 (and DLC) characters have bonus costumes (not switched color palettes like SSBB) and each one has their own minions, challenge modes, and story mode. The story for each character is short but there's nothing wrong with that, it's a fighting game, since when did fighting games focus on story? All-Stars Battle Royale truly shines on online when you're competing against others. The game can be a bit unfair and some characters are a bit over powered but there's nothing a good ol' patch can't fix. People who love brawlers should pick this up, or if you're a Sony fanboy and you just want to watch your favorite Sony characters fight to the death then go on ahead and get it. All-Stars Battle Royale is worth the money and time since it truly can compete with other brawlers. And to the Nintendo fanboys bashing this game, news flash, the Super Smash Bros. series isn't the first brawler, the game itself is a clone of classic fighting games. All-Stars Battle Royale just branched off the idea and made itself unique. Expand
  34. May 23, 2013
    I find it very amusing that people will gladly play the same street fighter variant over and over but when another fighting game like brawl has a variant come out they get all pissy. This game is different to brawl in it's main mechanic of how you get kills and I actually prefer the mechanic. You build up killing moves by hitting people which is awesome because it means you can't just sitI find it very amusing that people will gladly play the same street fighter variant over and over but when another fighting game like brawl has a variant come out they get all pissy. This game is different to brawl in it's main mechanic of how you get kills and I actually prefer the mechanic. You build up killing moves by hitting people which is awesome because it means you can't just sit somewhere and not play to win. There isn't a single character I think isn't fun to play or irredeemably bad and sure some characters like kratos are OP when you start but he's just really easy to pick up other characters are better when you master them. I find it ridiculous that people expect to be able to just go online and win against other people without having actually learned how to play the game. Are you really so spoon fed that you expect to just win games when you haven't practiced playing them? Expand
  35. Nov 20, 2012
    Every bit as good as we were hoping it would be. All Stars truly does step out of the shadows of SSB and become a game totally it's own. The specials system is excellent, and the combat is incredibly deep. Anyone who says you can just mash buttons to victory clearly has not been playing against anyone but easy bots and no one online. The variety of modes is excellent and there's moreEvery bit as good as we were hoping it would be. All Stars truly does step out of the shadows of SSB and become a game totally it's own. The specials system is excellent, and the combat is incredibly deep. Anyone who says you can just mash buttons to victory clearly has not been playing against anyone but easy bots and no one online. The variety of modes is excellent and there's more content than you'll ever have time for. It's the ultimate local multiplayer game as well, I got 3 of my friends to come over on launch day and we played for hours never running out of things to do. It's simply a joy to play. The characters all feel unique and play drastically different, and there are no reskins like in SSB. Each character has a larger moves list than in Smash Bros which ends up letting you create a play style totally unique to you. I'm loving this game and I think it's probably my GotY for fighting games. Expand
  36. Apr 23, 2013
    Sure, it’s often compared to Super Smash Bros., albeit deservingly, but in this instance the student has surpassed the master. Not only has SuperBot Entertainment created a title that every Sony fab-boy (including myself) has been waiting for, but they nailed it. Like a carefully groomed, ass kicking bonsai tree, the attention to detail it has received provides its beauty. This is whereSure, it’s often compared to Super Smash Bros., albeit deservingly, but in this instance the student has surpassed the master. Not only has SuperBot Entertainment created a title that every Sony fab-boy (including myself) has been waiting for, but they nailed it. Like a carefully groomed, ass kicking bonsai tree, the attention to detail it has received provides its beauty. This is where All-Stars roundhouse kicks SSB out of the dojo.
    The care put into every character and stage, from gathering a cast of icons from all eras of Playstation that are incredibly spot-on to stages that transport you to childhood, has shaped an enjoyably quirky atmosphere for all to enjoy. The deep combat mechanics paired with the inclusion of loads of unlockables, online matches (duh) and tournament rankings keep you coming back for more. Well done, SuperBot. Bravo.
  37. Aug 14, 2015
    The game is quite nice, i played smash bros years ago i cant remember it too good but im sure even if they copied it its really fun for me its probably just me..
  38. Nov 20, 2012
    Ok ok it's not a 10, but the very low scores are really trols. Easy to see because all those are telling it's not as good as SSBB. It's easy to tell if these are trolls because if they would have played the demo they would already have seen the gameplay is different, the graphics are 10000% better and if they are really enjoying SSB, they should enjoy this game because it's better thenOk ok it's not a 10, but the very low scores are really trols. Easy to see because all those are telling it's not as good as SSBB. It's easy to tell if these are trolls because if they would have played the demo they would already have seen the gameplay is different, the graphics are 10000% better and if they are really enjoying SSB, they should enjoy this game because it's better then SSB. The only bad thing is that there are not as much characters (but be honest, which characters did you all played at SSBB, for certain you concentrated on only one and not all) and not much stages. But for the rest it's really a much better game. This doesn't mean that SSBB is a lot of fun, but why troll when you haven't really played the game or when you are offended that there is a game which is a bit like SSBB!! All games are inspired by other games and also SSBB. Expand
  39. Nov 24, 2012
    WARNING: Before i make this review, to those who think this game is completely a copycat of nintendo's super smash bros. or suggesting that sony can't be creative at all this generation either grow up and be mature or leave that's all. STORY: basically pick the characters you want to play through the mode, fight your rival, defeat the final boss, and earn an ending. I was expectingWARNING: Before i make this review, to those who think this game is completely a copycat of nintendo's super smash bros. or suggesting that sony can't be creative at all this generation either grow up and be mature or leave that's all. STORY: basically pick the characters you want to play through the mode, fight your rival, defeat the final boss, and earn an ending. I was expecting SuperBot to make some decent storyline for all characters getting involved like how Mortal Kombat 9 and Soul Calibur 5 did it but having a storyline in a fighting isn't exactly easy to make perfectly. GAMEPLAY: The game is the reminiscient of Smash bros where 4 characters duke out in one stage to see who wins but PSABR is different where the only way to win is by filling up the super meter by fighting. Filling it in 3 different levels will determine how powerful the super moves are. You kill the opponent with a super you get 2 points. You die by their super you lose a point. Hazardous enviroments and spawnable weapons can most likely prevent your opponent from earning super meter quickly and steal their meter. Though the point in playing this just killing other characters with just supers isn't exactly the best way to win. If 2 fighters duked each other than all of a sudden a 3rd player can just kill both of them with 1 super no matter what level just isn't exactly good when they said that they were going to make this game very competitive to the fighting genre. There are 20 playable characters already 2 being announced as DLC but to me i think they could have added better popular characters but SuperBot were trying their best to get those characters but no scratch in getting them like ones that started the playstation 1 era but they cant get them to be in the game without dealing financial problems. Also other characters for example Dante not the original one but Ninja theory's version gives negative feedback. Capcom would pull: Oh you want Dante? okay we give you this Dante that everyone doesn't like. Though Dante and other previously exclusive characters made it in the final prodcut so we can forgive them. Not much customization isn't high only when you introduce your character or win with that character. Boss fight isn't impressing mostly because its reminiscing the MvC3 fight with Galatcus where he summons crystalized version of a character and you have to defeat the crystalized characters and the boss himself. I think why they did this is because of a former capcom employee Seth Killian also co--founder of EVO fighting game is involved in this game. The online is fun to tackle against other players but problems are people not spawning again after getting killed by a super or disconnecting in a middle of a match. The game is gonna get patched anyways sooner or later. OVERALL: I liked how sony and superbot were trying their very best in making their own creative version of Smash bros but in my opinion it was well worth trying to making it good but not enough to suddenly surpass Smash bros without fixing problems like online. If your a Playstation user since playstation 1 or person that enjoyed Smash bros then pick up this game later on you will not be disappointed with your money being well spent. I never played Smash bros but i really like this game not for being identical to it but for Sony and SuperBot being creative in their own ways. Expand
  40. Nov 20, 2012
    do not listen to this silly nintendo fanboy in disgiuse, his name is sonyfanboy92, he is full of lies and no good reason, heres my review. the strory is good it has funny and comedic rivalries and overall is a good singleplayer mode. next let me start off with the unlockables that are just amazng and will keep gamers coming back for more. i wont go into details becase some the unlockabledo not listen to this silly nintendo fanboy in disgiuse, his name is sonyfanboy92, he is full of lies and no good reason, heres my review. the strory is good it has funny and comedic rivalries and overall is a good singleplayer mode. next let me start off with the unlockables that are just amazng and will keep gamers coming back for more. i wont go into details becase some the unlockable are just too awesome. I woud also like to talk about online and offline mutlplayer, now the multplayer is where the game really shines i would even say it beats smash bros its just that amzing with 20 charactrs and 2 dlc characters that are free , i know this game is gonna be a success so if you want a fun brawler by all means go out and get this game, this game is a 10/10 Expand
  41. Nov 24, 2012
    A perfect balance between party fighter & actual fighting game. This game has actual combos. I laugh @ people that write it off as a smash clone when it has far superior fighting mechanics, a more varied roster, & far better online play. I wish this game much success & hope for many dlc characters leading up to a sequel. Also buying the Ps3 version gives you a downloadable code for theA perfect balance between party fighter & actual fighting game. This game has actual combos. I laugh @ people that write it off as a smash clone when it has far superior fighting mechanics, a more varied roster, & far better online play. I wish this game much success & hope for many dlc characters leading up to a sequel. Also buying the Ps3 version gives you a downloadable code for the vita version. That's real value! Expand
  42. Dec 7, 2012
    All you need to know about this game is the gameplay which you'll love if you're a fighting game fan. It's simple yet deep and playing online against a more experienced foe always makes the game interesting and challenges you. However if you are buying this game to reunite with an old favorite like sir daniel fortesque or the classic parapa the rapper I suggest you pass. This game hasAll you need to know about this game is the gameplay which you'll love if you're a fighting game fan. It's simple yet deep and playing online against a more experienced foe always makes the game interesting and challenges you. However if you are buying this game to reunite with an old favorite like sir daniel fortesque or the classic parapa the rapper I suggest you pass. This game has a barely passable arcade mode that does nothing for the characters. If you really love the characters then you'll find their move set more fan serving then their paper thin plot and rivalries. However if you are considering passing on this game simply because it has a small roster I'd search for another reason. Each character has 3 attack buttons each with 4 moves that is a dozen attacks that have different uses on ground and air. that coupled with the ability to combo makes each character feel very unique and in some cases like DMC's Dante and Bioshock's Big Daddy make you feel as if the character has stepped straight to this game from their own sacrificing little if any of their controls or classic combos. And with DLC on the way I can promise a good deal of content incoming. Overall if you like fighting games with decent online play and highly nuanced characters this is for you, but if you are looking for a place to pal around with some of your old PS1 and PS2 buddies then I suggest you bust out the AV cord and dust off you old PS2. Expand
  43. Nov 21, 2012
    Ok this game is good, smooth with nice looking graphics (compared to SSB) the thing is though, not every round is unique like in SSB the items are nowhere near as fun as SSB and the level creation isn't as good. but there are alot more moves however they are not as creative as the SSB moves. The game is still a fun fighting game for local multiplayer if you don't have friends or at leastOk this game is good, smooth with nice looking graphics (compared to SSB) the thing is though, not every round is unique like in SSB the items are nowhere near as fun as SSB and the level creation isn't as good. but there are alot more moves however they are not as creative as the SSB moves. The game is still a fun fighting game for local multiplayer if you don't have friends or at least online connection don't buy this game. Expand
  44. Jun 13, 2013
    This game was a great game to play .It contained many of the greatest characters from the PlayStation including jak and daxter, kratos ,ratchet and clank... The only problem with this was the lack of content. I felt like there wasn't enough characters and places to compete with super smash bros. brawl. The single player is good and the online multiplayer is just crazy fun and veryThis game was a great game to play .It contained many of the greatest characters from the PlayStation including jak and daxter, kratos ,ratchet and clank... The only problem with this was the lack of content. I felt like there wasn't enough characters and places to compete with super smash bros. brawl. The single player is good and the online multiplayer is just crazy fun and very competive. Overall this game is a must-have! Expand
  45. Feb 1, 2014
    PlayStation All-stars Battle Royale is a good game. The rooster could've been better but I happy with it. The game works that you have a bar in the bottom of the screen. The bar is the Super Meter. When fill up you could kill someone. This is how will win. You have 3 Level Supers. The Super aren't how many people you will kill is more likely you will kill someone. Some character have superPlayStation All-stars Battle Royale is a good game. The rooster could've been better but I happy with it. The game works that you have a bar in the bottom of the screen. The bar is the Super Meter. When fill up you could kill someone. This is how will win. You have 3 Level Supers. The Super aren't how many people you will kill is more likely you will kill someone. Some character have super that aren't good, but when you kill someone with let says Jak, Sackboy, or others is so satisfying. This game is like Super Bros., but in reverse. Instead pushing them out, you straight up kill them. There are things you could unlock like outros, intros, taunts, a costume per person, icons, background picture, victory music, maybe something else if I remember. Stages are every unique. Instead having one stage, for example Hades, you get two stages in one, like Hades being primary to Patapon being secondary. The music are remix of the stage you're playing , but in the menus and the opening theme is original. I hope there is possible sequel to improve this because this game does let room for improvements. I said get it. Should be around $29.99-$39.99 in PSN. Getting it used or cheaper should be worth it. Plus if get the PS3 or PSVITA ,or vise versa, you get the other version free. So you this only buy this once and getting PSVITA shouldn't be a risk. So getting the 9 score seem logical. Is not best game ever. When I play with friends or family or by myself we always have fun with it. Expand
  46. Dec 3, 2012
    More than I ever hoped for, sure SSB set the bar and that bar does not get toppled by PS-All Stars, but it does get met. The feel is there, those tense moments right at the end of the battle, the eclectic mix of characters brought together in a (mostly) balanced way each with their own style, and the variety in every battle. The kill system doesn't quite reach the levels that SSB hit, andMore than I ever hoped for, sure SSB set the bar and that bar does not get toppled by PS-All Stars, but it does get met. The feel is there, those tense moments right at the end of the battle, the eclectic mix of characters brought together in a (mostly) balanced way each with their own style, and the variety in every battle. The kill system doesn't quite reach the levels that SSB hit, and there does need to be some additional balancing, and we do need more levels (Praise be to the age of DLC....) but if you liked SSB, which you should have, then don't pass this one up. Expand
  47. Nov 20, 2012
    At first I was a little hesitant to purchase this game, but after getting a few hours into the game I really enjoyed it! It was a definite surprise at first. It has a great cast of characters and that's probably what drew my attention. Fun single player mode (Nice whacky story with original voice actors!), tons of unlockable content, very enjoyable multiplayer mode and an overall decentAt first I was a little hesitant to purchase this game, but after getting a few hours into the game I really enjoyed it! It was a definite surprise at first. It has a great cast of characters and that's probably what drew my attention. Fun single player mode (Nice whacky story with original voice actors!), tons of unlockable content, very enjoyable multiplayer mode and an overall decent game.
    It's fun, easy and a lot of replay value. Also, a teaser for Raiden! (A taste of what's coming for his upcoming game)
  48. Nov 23, 2012
    Copy/paste from my VITA review, with minor edits: Very solid game, in fact the game I'm enjoying the most right now. I should first admit I didn't expect anything out of it. I wasn't even a Smash Bros fan to begin with (even if I played the hell of the "Subspace Emissary" mode, back in the day). I found something really 'fresh' in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, not sure how toCopy/paste from my VITA review, with minor edits: Very solid game, in fact the game I'm enjoying the most right now. I should first admit I didn't expect anything out of it. I wasn't even a Smash Bros fan to begin with (even if I played the hell of the "Subspace Emissary" mode, back in the day). I found something really 'fresh' in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, not sure how to explain. The stages are beautiful, clever and inventive, the characters have a LOT of moves, and it's a totally different experience than Smash Bros if you go past the interface and look of things. For starters, it's not about throwing your opponents off a stage, but try to stack as much kills as possible before the timer runs out. I haven't been frustrated a single time. This game is just plain fun, in fact I can't even think of a single annoying thing. I really didn't expect a lot of it, and ended up being surprised because I expected a Smash Bros clone, but found something totally original and fun. PS: you get the VITA version for 'free' with this, what an awesome deal - I can't believe the VITA version actually runs & feels as good as the PS3 version. SuperBot outdone themselves on this one... Expand
  49. Nov 20, 2012
    For real, give this game a chance. if you go in with the mindset of playing this like super smash, then you will only lose every match. This game plays different and is different. The combat system is slick and very fluid. The roster is great, though it leaves a bit more to be desired. In all you will be getting a game that has many unlockables, is a great bang for your money, and is veryFor real, give this game a chance. if you go in with the mindset of playing this like super smash, then you will only lose every match. This game plays different and is different. The combat system is slick and very fluid. The roster is great, though it leaves a bit more to be desired. In all you will be getting a game that has many unlockables, is a great bang for your money, and is very polished. Get this game. Expand
  50. Dec 3, 2012
    I love this game, the gameplay is great, graphics are good for what it is and levelling up is addictive. The issue with it is, is that the game is so unbalanced. Cratos is rediculasly overpowered and I can't stress over powered enough and sir Daniel is near useless. I just found out that an update is coming to make only sack boy less powerful and he is one of the weaker characters! AnotherI love this game, the gameplay is great, graphics are good for what it is and levelling up is addictive. The issue with it is, is that the game is so unbalanced. Cratos is rediculasly overpowered and I can't stress over powered enough and sir Daniel is near useless. I just found out that an update is coming to make only sack boy less powerful and he is one of the weaker characters! Another complaint is that the supposed "story mode" has pretty much no story. A positive though is cross buy and cross play with the vita works absolutely perfectly. If you have a vita and ps3 this is a great feature, being able to carry on your games progress from the ps3 on the go with the vita is something that is amazing to actually do. Overall it's a good game with addictive elements and seamless cross play but some frustrating issues holds it back from being any where near the standerd of its rival super smash bros. Expand
  51. Apr 14, 2013
    Very fun game, poor story, bad online, but great fighters, tutorials, stages, and costumes. I liked the fact that there was character tutorials to show you how to play as that fighter. Overall an 8 out of 10, worth your money!
  52. Nov 20, 2012
    I would give it a 9, but I see everybody else pushing those 1's pretty hard for no reason. The game is a great franchise fighter for Sony, people who are hating on it cause they have no life and hate that Sony their own fighter now, and it's not a rip off of SSB.
  53. Nov 24, 2012
    Massive copy of Smash Bros? No, it's way more than this... The Specials are among the best in Fighting Game history, mainly Parrapa's since it combines the game's musical formula to this wonderful game... The combos are great and easy to do. The levels are what most disappointed me, since most are box-type arenas, but the lack of Cloud from FFVII and Crash made me sad, but hopefully theMassive copy of Smash Bros? No, it's way more than this... The Specials are among the best in Fighting Game history, mainly Parrapa's since it combines the game's musical formula to this wonderful game... The combos are great and easy to do. The levels are what most disappointed me, since most are box-type arenas, but the lack of Cloud from FFVII and Crash made me sad, but hopefully the sequel or a possible add-on (hopefully free) will bring more... They could have put Virgil instead of Dante too and perhaps Big Boss or The Boss as secret characters. Only an advice: Grab the Vita version, you get the PS3 one and it won't be 2 GB filling your Vita HD Sticks that could be used for other games, plus is great to play this on the tip of your fingers! Expand
  54. Nov 20, 2012
    I knew this game was going to be spectacular just because of the Beta. All-Stars is clearly similar to Smash Bros, but it is its own game, and it even happens to do some things better than what inspired it.

I know it'll be hard for some skeptics to believe, but PlayStation All-Stars is an absolute blast to play especially with friends on the couch or online. It can be a lot of chaotic fun because of the great combat, great characters, great ko system, and the interactive stages.

It has lots of content and great variety in the characters. I know some people would like to have more characters, or other character like Spyro and Crash; but as how the game currently is; it is AWESOME!!! And also you can bet that there will be in the future DLC features those 2 characters mentioned most probably.
  55. Nov 20, 2012
    Well I'm a Sony fanboy since my childhood and I just can't hate on this game. Some would say that I'm leniant but in the end is it really that bad? No. It's a very fun game. Flawed with several issues but really entertaining especially with friends. It's not a Smash Bros. clone at all. Similar of course but it differs really much in the core and it has a lot of ambition within itsWell I'm a Sony fanboy since my childhood and I just can't hate on this game. Some would say that I'm leniant but in the end is it really that bad? No. It's a very fun game. Flawed with several issues but really entertaining especially with friends. It's not a Smash Bros. clone at all. Similar of course but it differs really much in the core and it has a lot of ambition within its innovations. It eventually fails to live up to our expectations but oh well as long as you have fun with it you are just fine. Add some personal favs with a bunch of great characters and you get a really good game after all. Expand
  56. Nov 20, 2012
    i know im gonna get smashed. i think this game is better than SSB with more mature characters and a lot of unlockebls you'll be playing this game non stop if you can get through the fanboy CRAP!!!.
  57. Dec 27, 2012
    While the concept of a Cross-Over Party Fighting game is definitly inspired by Super Smash Bros. , no comparisons can be made with the Nintendo successfull franchise. The gameplay is nervous and pretty fun, and some really stressful and therefore really gorgeous 1v1 can be seen. However, the concept of a Super Bar and of killing his opponents only by unleashing that super attack on yourWhile the concept of a Cross-Over Party Fighting game is definitly inspired by Super Smash Bros. , no comparisons can be made with the Nintendo successfull franchise. The gameplay is nervous and pretty fun, and some really stressful and therefore really gorgeous 1v1 can be seen. However, the concept of a Super Bar and of killing his opponents only by unleashing that super attack on your opponents becomes redundant... it's still a really fun game for Local Multiplayer. Expand
  58. Nov 20, 2012
    I love this game! I had a little expectation for it, but bought it and wow was i blown away, so much content too! Everybody has their own story or "arcade" mode like a normal fighter, it may look like smash at first but it is really different.
  59. Nov 22, 2012
    the game has most of the elements of a Nintendo "you know what" game but makes changes significant enough to be a game of its own. Its Single player or 1 on 1 matches are probably its weakest points with poor story telling (as expected for a fighter) using still images and narrative and little variety in combat. The roster feels a little on the slim side spanning around 20 characters fromthe game has most of the elements of a Nintendo "you know what" game but makes changes significant enough to be a game of its own. Its Single player or 1 on 1 matches are probably its weakest points with poor story telling (as expected for a fighter) using still images and narrative and little variety in combat. The roster feels a little on the slim side spanning around 20 characters from different franchises within the Playstation legacy. Also, some people may be put off by the choice made to make super moves the only method of killing your opponent. Those are the problems i generally have with the game.

Now that's out of the way, i feel the game is terrific in a party setting, if you can get 3 other people in the game your in for a hell of a good time. Though the roster is fairly small for this type of game, they are very well balanced and diverse(besides good/evil cole). Replacing the Ring outs with super only kills wasn't exactly the greatest idea for the game but i feel that it does it in a way where it requires you to plan and manage yourself in a match. you have 3 supers stages you can do and in order to charge up those supers you have to deal damage with your normal attacks so you don't take damage but if you don't land hits you cant do any supers. Despite what some reviewers say the emphasis in normal attacks are definitely there. Also each stage of super dictates how difficult it will be to actually land it on someone. If you use level 1 supers you will learn that they are not easy to land, so you need to be smart about how you use them unless you don't mind charging that gauge to do it a bunch of times. 2nd level is more persistent but can still be avoided while the 3rd usually guarantees 1-2 kills just keep in mind it takes much longer to get to level 2 and 3 so be ready to dodge a lot of 1st levels if you choose to take either of those routes.

The stages were nicely done as well, the obstacles they throw at you can greatly affect the way you approach someone as sometimes the stage can knock your super gauge down and turn the tides with or against your favor. The mixes made between franchise themes made in each stage is also weird but funny at the same time. Fans of the Sony Franchise are likely to appreciate them, especially the Buzz trivia level where your knowledge of their history will determine how well you do in the level. Overall as i say it is a fantastic game with friends, the added value of getting the Vita version of the game for free (the game is literally identical to this version!)is a bigger plus. This is a game i can definitely recommend to anyone who is into this type of fighter.
  60. Nov 24, 2012
    This is a really solid game and fun as hell both online and with the kids.
    This is a really solid game and fun as hell both online and with the kids.
    It's abit of a button basher but I guess I expected that. The list of characters is really good (Dante is me favourite so far). Don't know why people complaining about characters that are not in the line up right now when it's pretty obvious that they will be added later. Already star hawk charcter is being added as dlc for free, so it's pretty evident that more characters will be added.
    It's a fun game and achieves what it set out to do. I do hope a mode that adds standard fighting with health bars gets added?.
    The only similarities with ssbb is multiple characters from different games fighting on screen. Playability is totally different. Still doesn't stop reviewers from wanting it to be different and others wanting it to be the same as ssbb ( typical inconsistent reviews).
    Still great game and very enjoyable.
    Go get it!.
  61. Nov 20, 2012
    very fun and addicting, this is no Smash Brothers clone at all. anyone who loves party brawlers and loves the Playstation Franchise should not miss the chance to pick this up
  62. Mar 5, 2013
    **This review is based on version 1.08**
    The game got some bad press because of some early balance issues and looking a little too much Super Smash Brothers. Fortunately, the balance issues are by and large fixed, and the game is far more fair and stable than at launch.
    **This review is based on version 1.08**

Super Smash Brothers and Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale couldn't be a whole lot different, both are fun, but very different, I find I prefer PSAS over SSB, and many of my friends who are huge SSB fans agree that this game is definitely a nice change of pace for the party brawler.

The characters are fun, varied, and each takes a while to master. This game isn't as "pick up and play" oriented as Smash Brothers, but it's not needlessly complicated either.

Online game modes are fun, and it's a blast to team up with a friend. Offline or Online, playing with humans is far better than it is playing alone.

As is expected, the single-player story mode is pretty lacking. Cinematic scenes are few, and are made of still pictures of characters with a voice over attached. This isn't a complaint, merely an observation, given that most fighting games aren't designed to be played for story anyway, it's silly to make judgments based on a title's single-player adventure.

Give this game a try with a few friends!
  63. Jun 11, 2013
    I give this game a 9 but I'm getting tired of the comments that rate this game 0. This game is really fun and stop comparing it to SSB, SSB has many games out and this is the first game of PlayStation All Stars so of course it's not going be the best.

POSITIVES: -Fun game play -Final boss is awesome -It can actually find players (Unlike SSB) -Lots of DLC -A wide arrange of

POSITIVES:
    -Fun game play
    -Final boss is awesome
    -It can actually find players (Unlike SSB)
    -Lots of DLC
    -A wide arrange of characters
    -Easy trophies (For those who really want trophies)
    -PlayStation exclusive (Common Xbox, PlayStation rules!)
    -Amazing backgrounds
    -Great fighting styles
    -A way to show off things you've unlocked

NEGATIVES:
    -Players spam moves online
    -Story mode gets very boring and is kinda short
    -There isn't that much players who play online, so you might meet up with the same people
  64. Sep 30, 2015
    It's fun, but if you can get angry easily, then don't play this game. Especially online, so many people cheat it takes the fun away.... But it has a good selection of characters even though they could've added some more...... But overall it's a fun game.
  65. Jul 2, 2017
    Playing this game with four people is such a blast. The variety of characters is more than sufficient for constant playing without feeling bored or fed up. The fast-paced game-play and the chaos that takes place when there are four players are brilliant and make for an extremely fun experience. Though almost all characters are fun to play with, most of the time you'll find this onePlaying this game with four people is such a blast. The variety of characters is more than sufficient for constant playing without feeling bored or fed up. The fast-paced game-play and the chaos that takes place when there are four players are brilliant and make for an extremely fun experience. Though almost all characters are fun to play with, most of the time you'll find this one character that really appeals to you and who you will stick with. Each character has their own unique move set that allows for engaging and intense game-play. It is this game that most excels in the crucial aspect of gaming: pure fun. Whether you got plenty of hours or a few minutes, this game is easy and fun to play which overall uplifts the mood, and it is absolutely entertaining regardless of the player's age. Expand
  66. Nov 21, 2012
    As someone who has been waiting for this game sense before it was announced, I will say that this is possibly one of the funnest unique fighting games I have ever played next to Smash Bros.The reason that I say that is because all 20 characters feel different than the last & the level mash ups are amazing,gorgeous and innovative.This is also the first fighting game I actually have alot ofAs someone who has been waiting for this game sense before it was announced, I will say that this is possibly one of the funnest unique fighting games I have ever played next to Smash Bros.The reason that I say that is because all 20 characters feel different than the last & the level mash ups are amazing,gorgeous and innovative.This is also the first fighting game I actually have alot of fun playing by myself or with other.Usually, fighting games are either to repetitive or too complicated but Ps allstars is just right.any one of these characters could have easily been transported into 2-d side scrolling games and would feel awesome to play as.They also all feel like they would from their respected properties which is pretty awesome.Other than that, the game has hundreds of unlockables for each character and tons of content to keep you busy until they add more levels and characters via dlc.Dont even pay attention to any bad reviews because they are all b.s.Give this game a try for both ps vita & ps3. Expand
  67. Nov 23, 2012
    A fantastic game for a number of reasons. You could really tell that Superbot entertainment (the makers of this game) really cared about all the Playstation franchises involved in this game. I smiled sooo many times while playing this game simply because of the great references to all of the Playtstation games involved i all stars. The main reason this game keeps you coming back though isA fantastic game for a number of reasons. You could really tell that Superbot entertainment (the makers of this game) really cared about all the Playstation franchises involved in this game. I smiled sooo many times while playing this game simply because of the great references to all of the Playtstation games involved i all stars. The main reason this game keeps you coming back though is just because of how freaking fun it is. This game is all about strategy and you need to utilize the supers that you gain from beating up on your opponents in creative ways in order to get the max amount of points possible. The online in this game is a heck of a lot of fun and very accessible. Highly recommend picking this game up if your a fan of playstation and even if your not! Can't wait for the sequel! Expand
  68. Nov 20, 2012
    Dá hadouken Ryu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  69. Dec 27, 2012
    Playstation All-Stars is a game that stands on its own. Well this game imports aspects from Super Smash Bros., it is it's own game. Playstation All-Stars incorporates a different new game play system, only being able to KO people through the use of special moves that you build by landing attacks and combos. The roster currently features 20 characters, with more on the way for DLC. ThePlaystation All-Stars is a game that stands on its own. Well this game imports aspects from Super Smash Bros., it is it's own game. Playstation All-Stars incorporates a different new game play system, only being able to KO people through the use of special moves that you build by landing attacks and combos. The roster currently features 20 characters, with more on the way for DLC. The games unlock system could be better as leveling up your characters only allow you to customize your characters and unlock icons etc. instead of your character getting better, however the characters have quite a few customizable options. Offline Arcade Mode is simply battle after battle with no story behind the differing characters. Single Player Mode in general can prepare you for Online Play. Pros: - Maps are very detailed with events throughout the battle - Great multiplayer that is pretty balanced - Not laggy - Fun - Cons: - Single Player isn't detailed - Leveling characters up isn't beneficial. Expand
  70. Jan 18, 2013
    This game, is really good for a game. While we all know it's based of Super Smash Bros, this game is good in it's own right. While the game has it's own bad side (under powered characters to overpowered characters, no actual cut screens in story mode, Toro with that flying glitch that flies your character to the top of the screen and be unreachable). This game is also good too. It is bothThis game, is really good for a game. While we all know it's based of Super Smash Bros, this game is good in it's own right. While the game has it's own bad side (under powered characters to overpowered characters, no actual cut screens in story mode, Toro with that flying glitch that flies your character to the top of the screen and be unreachable). This game is also good too. It is both a clone of SSB and not a clone of SSB. While it copies the four-player fighting style, items usage, etc, this game is also unlike SSB. It replace the % damage meter, and replace it with its own Super Move Meter, it also remove the death by flying off screen that annoyed us for ages. True, they don't add the PSOne mascots like Spyro and Crash, but have its own great roster (Spike, Jak, PaRappa, and Raiden), and unlike SSBB, which it barley any third-party characters (only Snake and Sonic), All-star has a good amount of third-party characters ( 8 of the 20 characters are third-party), with more characters yet to come. The stages on All-stars are not too many to most people liking, it is a good amount. The Stages of this games did a good job with combining games together, like "Dreamscape" (based on LittleBigPlanet and Buzz!). The Stages of All-Star, like SSB, have stage dangers, but unlike SSB, the stage dangers aren't needed to be forced on too much, and will not present danger after awhile (you can even turn of stage dangers). To sum it all up, All-Stars might not beat SSB, but if All-Stars becomes a series, it would eventually past the SSB series. Expand
  71. Jan 30, 2013
    I'm probably going to be very biased here. This is a great game if you are a long time Playstation fan. No, i'm not talking about being a fan since the mid PS2 era. I mean a LOOOONG time Playstation fan. Back when the PS1 was fairly big and competing with the N64. This is not to say that people who grew up at a later era, or are just getting into the console can't enjoy this game either.I'm probably going to be very biased here. This is a great game if you are a long time Playstation fan. No, i'm not talking about being a fan since the mid PS2 era. I mean a LOOOONG time Playstation fan. Back when the PS1 was fairly big and competing with the N64. This is not to say that people who grew up at a later era, or are just getting into the console can't enjoy this game either. This game, much like Smash, is simply a celebration of the history of systems universe, the memories it made for us as kids, and a great way to show off the oldies to the new generation. Though, the selection of characters is a tad disappointing (for both good and bad reasons), and will leaving you asking "Where's Spyro?" or the like. The gameplay is solid, taking it's Ps and Qs directly from Smash, but adding their own twists. It's a real pick up and play game, but it's difficulty leaves something to be desired (one could clear nearly all of the challenges and stories on All-Star mode (Hard mode)) The stages are interesting, but the amount of things going on at once can strain the eyes a bit. Pulling off supers at the right moment is a tad repettitive, but can be wicked fun if you know what you're doing. The story mode is a little bland, leaving only still images with voice overs narrating over it at the start and end, one interesting cutscene when you face off against your "rival character", and the rest of it is a bunch of battles against random characters. No real rhyme or reason. Customization of characters via their taunts, intros, outros and even their victory music is a nice touch, but it's too bad they couldn't take it a step further and have more customization options for the character itself. Online used to be a bit of a hassle, but since the patch, things seem to be working fine right now. The multi-player vs matches have only a few select modes, which is a little disappointing, but it's possible the developers may create new modes later on. For what it is, the dedication the development team has to keep pumping in content after it's release, and the fact that it is a decently solid 1st entry to the world of 2.5D fighters, you can't entirely go wrong with this little gem. Go and be an All-Star. Expand
  72. Jun 4, 2013
    I have no problems with this game i dont know why people are complaining. The arcade mode is actually fun and the online is just great. I have no problem with the game and just give it a chance.
  73. Dec 13, 2015
    Before the review, let me say that I love Nintendo and Playstation all the same! This is not smash bros, it's a level all it's own! The 'rip off' aspect is a lie. Is Tekken a rip off of Street Fighter? No! It just plays the same, with new aspects.
    Playstation All-Stars is the number one reason I wanted to buy a ps3! It's fun and on a level on it's own. Instead of knocking the player off a field, you must fill up a meter and execute specialties on the enemies! Each level of specials is more strategically better. The games has a more set of moves than smash bros. Instead of having 2 buttons for attacks, you have 3 buttons for it and the attacks differ in the air.
    The list of 20 playable characters, 24 if you count dlc, play completely different! Even both Cole MacGrath's from the InFamous series, have various moves and specials!
    I rank it 9, cause of online spammers and not the modes besides versus and arcade are awfully lacking.
  74. Nov 20, 2012
    I don't get the extreme polarization between critics and their reviews sometimes. Usually when so many love a franchise and so many despise it, one group is full of it. Whether it's blind nostalgia people are holding onto, or maybe it's a feeling of having to defend their favorite franchise against over saturation or even a legitimate rival of the genre their game falls into, etc....I don't get the extreme polarization between critics and their reviews sometimes. Usually when so many love a franchise and so many despise it, one group is full of it. Whether it's blind nostalgia people are holding onto, or maybe it's a feeling of having to defend their favorite franchise against over saturation or even a legitimate rival of the genre their game falls into, etc.... people for some reason feel the need to take their reviews scores to the extreme ends of the scoring spectrum to make their point. Hating on a game because it borrows another's game's base formula is immature; this has happened and will continue to happen forever with all popular genres. I've seen a few on here commenting on the PASBR's interface, or saying the fun factor just isn't there (which could be a more specific), are legitimate/more appropriate reasons or opinions to review a game badly, but giving it a zero is saying it's complete and utter garbage based off it it not being as good as something else, or call it a budget title just sounds like blind rage to me perpetrated by insecure fans of something else. I have a load of respect for the smash bother's games, as well as for all stars battle royale (after the beta, watching the loads of behind the scenes videos online, and playing this morning) a can say the quality and attention to detail, especially for the fans of either are great. I was very pleased with they've accomplished with these titles on both the Nintendo & PS consoles and hope one day, after xbox decides to jump on this successful band wagon with their awesome entry into this genre, that a cross over between all 3 happens. I haven't played through completely but SO far - (Awesome/Great/Good/OK/Bad) Character art: Awesome, Environment Art: between Great/Good, Gameplay: Great, Sound design/ Music: Good, Animations: Great/good, Packaging (U.I Interface): Good/OK, Fan service: Awesome. Expand
  75. Nov 20, 2012
    After playing this game, it should be in the range of a 8.0 to 9.5 for most people who play it (I put 10 to help counter the rampant Nintendo fanboys that hit hard here). I'd highly suggest giving the game a chance. Most people I know find it incredibly fun, including myself.
  76. Feb 2, 2013
    A very fun game with a great cast of characters and easy to pick up controls mastering the combos is the tricky part). Its a great party game, competitive game, and also great for spectating. Its no a perfect game with a lack-luster story and a pretty bad online feature and not so much cut scenes. Its more of a traditional fighter then most brawlers. But all in all its a must have forA very fun game with a great cast of characters and easy to pick up controls mastering the combos is the tricky part). Its a great party game, competitive game, and also great for spectating. Its no a perfect game with a lack-luster story and a pretty bad online feature and not so much cut scenes. Its more of a traditional fighter then most brawlers. But all in all its a must have for playstaion players. Expand
  77. Nov 20, 2012
    its one of the best brawlers of all time. i love the minions charecters the online the characters sly cooper specially he feels great and superbot have relay captured the essence of these charecters
  78. Nov 20, 2012
    This game is fluid, concise and beautiful. It's so memorable and so fun. All of the characters are a blast to use and the music is just goosebump-inducing, it really is. What a great game.
  79. Nov 24, 2012
    I am very surprised on how much I like this game. I thought that it would be a total rip off of SSB but this game can stand on it
  80. Nov 20, 2012
    I absolutely loved playing as nathan drake fighting sly cooper. The design is close to supersmash but it is still a great game none the less. You must buy dis game
  81. Nov 20, 2012
    I've been playing the beta for hours, and this game for 2 days now : no need to hide the truth (and no need to create accounts just to give bad reviews, Nintendo fans) > this game is truly GREAT.
    Just like you can read it on Destructoid, it's far from a "clone" of SSB, it's a new beast ! I've been playing this not stop with friends since I bought it, we all are having a lot of fun, and the game is a lot more technical than Smash : 3 attack buttons, air evade, different supers, a lot of variety among the character movelists, etc.
    Sony bumped the overall genre into a new level ! THE game to purchase this month if you have a few friends to play with, offline OR online (yeah it's not ZombiU all over again with its offline mode lol)
  82. Nov 20, 2012
    People who haven't played this game brush it off as a Smash clone, which obviously it is influenced a lot by Smash, but in reality is a lot more that merely a clone. Gameplay and overall strategy is very different from Smash, and is possibly even deeper and more competitive. Is it a better game than Smash Brothers Brawl? No. Is it a good game? For sure.
  83. Nov 25, 2012
    There are two major complaints that get made a lot when assessing this game. First is that it is a rip-off of Smash Bros. It is no more a copy of Smash Bros. than Street Fighter is a copy of Soulcalibur or Call of Duty is a copy of Halo. It is a different game in the genre of platform brawler, and as such has some similarity to all the other games in the genre (which is why it's calledThere are two major complaints that get made a lot when assessing this game. First is that it is a rip-off of Smash Bros. It is no more a copy of Smash Bros. than Street Fighter is a copy of Soulcalibur or Call of Duty is a copy of Halo. It is a different game in the genre of platform brawler, and as such has some similarity to all the other games in the genre (which is why it's called a genre). The second is that it doesn't play like Smash Bros (sadly enough, I've seen some reviews where both critiques were made in the same review). Once again, it is a different game in the same genre. Now that we have that cleared up, I would like to say that I love Super Smash Bros. We played it religiously in my dorms, to the point where we sometimes refered to each others by our preferred characters (I think on facebook somewhere there is still an album dedicated to those vicious tournaments...). However, looking objectively, Smash Bros. is not invulnerable, and Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal (referred to from here as PSASBR, even though both are a mouthful) does many things better in my opinion.

Since this genre is all about characters, let's get that out of the way right here, right now. Although I am solidly in the Playstation category of video game players, I have also played a lot of nintendo games. Nintendo has fostered the most iconic characters the gaming industry will ever have, and PSASBR can not match that roster. In fact, I was at first a little put off by the strange mix-and-match of characters. Who can blame me when you can have a psychopathic clown, a cartoon karate cat, a space soldier, and an undead knight killing each other on the same stage? My advice: play through the story mode. It's not that great of a plot, but it helps you get to know the characters a little bit better. This will make the game much more fun since some people may not know much about the roster going into it. Another roster-related complaint is its size: only 20 playable characters. Although we have been spoiled with large fighting games recently, I would like to remind everyone that 20 is within the middle range for fighting games, and more characters are en route via free DLC (yes, you read that right).

The core gameplay mechanic is what sets this game apart, and where it competes with Smash Bros. As you attack your fellow opponents, you gain energy, which you bank for level 1, level 2, or level 3 super-moves. When you release a super and land a successful attack, the character you hit temporarily disappears from the screen, and you score a kill. That's it. No health bars, no percentage meters making you lighter, and no death from falling off the stage. This game is more technique-oriented and it shows it by giving each character three attacks per button (normal, sideways on left stick, up on left stick, and down on left stick) for a total of nine different attacks (the fourth button is for jumping). On top of that, you can tilt the right stick to grapple your opponent, giving you three more options there (side, up, down), and you can block and pick up items to use. Items do a number of things from simply attacking from a distance to stealing meter from other players in the form of blue orbs. The best thing about this setup is that it favors actual fighting. Nobody can win by running away and waiting for the other players to weaken each other. If you don't fight, you don't build meter, and you can't score kills. End of story. And after having that one Smash Bros. player who picks Jigglypuff and floats around the stage until everyone is at 300% damage before joining the fray, it feels pretty damn good.

While this is a promising start to a new PS franchise for us to enjoy, there are a few drawbacks. Some items are overpowered; a skilled player can steal an entire level's worth of meter with certain items. Perhaps the most inexplicable, though, is the existence of stun protection. Certain characters have moves that will temporarily knock a character unconscious, forcing them to crumple to the ground. These characters are made invulnerable until they recover from the stun, breaking up any potential combos or kill shots you may wish to use after. Justifying this in a game with no health bars would take some explaining, especially since Okizeme is a huge part of many fighting games with health bars!

In short, this is a great addition to the platform brawler genre, and any Playstation fan with friends to play against will get many hours of enjoyment from this game. I look forward to a sequel to improve on what looks to be a great formula.
  84. Oct 23, 2013
    Not a bad super smash bros clone. The gameplay is solid and there are a lot of characters to choose from. Very fun with a few friends. My only complaint is the finish system. They should have just taken the percentage system from super smash, but instead they went with finishing moves that have to be built up over the course of the fight. If you catch it at a good price, definitelyNot a bad super smash bros clone. The gameplay is solid and there are a lot of characters to choose from. Very fun with a few friends. My only complaint is the finish system. They should have just taken the percentage system from super smash, but instead they went with finishing moves that have to be built up over the course of the fight. If you catch it at a good price, definitely pick this one up. Expand
  85. Apr 14, 2014
    This is definitely one of the best games on the PS3. Before the game's release I heard about the combat system where you do not dish out damage, but instead build up AP (All-Star Power) for what resembles a "final smash" and I was really disappointed. When I actually bought the game I had no problems with the gameplay and combat system. Online matches aren't very fun, everyone wishesThis is definitely one of the best games on the PS3. Before the game's release I heard about the combat system where you do not dish out damage, but instead build up AP (All-Star Power) for what resembles a "final smash" and I was really disappointed. When I actually bought the game I had no problems with the gameplay and combat system. Online matches aren't very fun, everyone wishes characters like Spyro and Crash could appear in the game, and there should be the option to play Smash style for the people who wanted just that. Still, this is easily one of my most-played games and totally worth the money. Expand
  86. Sep 11, 2014
    This is by far my favorite PS3 game of all time.
    One of the few DECENT PS3 games with 4 players in local, the fun is infinite and the competitive part of the game is seriously the best I've ever seen, the combo system is PERFECT and the roster, even if one or two characters aren't great choice, is very good.
    This is by far my favorite PS3 game of all time.
    Stop comparing this game to Super Smash Bros, the only thing it has in common is the main concept, but it plays in a completely (and way more competitive) way, they're just two different games of the same genre, like Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat.
  87. Nov 27, 2012
    I've only played the Smash games a few times, so I came into this game without any preconceptions. It is a BLAST to play. I love the AP mechanic and the super-move-kill gameplay. I have logged dozens of hours on this game since I bought it over the weekend. The only minor gripe I have is that the final boss seems a little underwhelming, but that really is only a very minor gripe.
    I
    I like the roster, and hope they add some more Playstation favorites someday (Jumping Flash, or maybe Crash Bandicoot?)

I highly recommend giving this game a try. It's also nice that you get the Vita version for free when you buy the PS3 version.
  88. Nov 20, 2012
    Amazing game, if you read the negative reviews you'll see how ridiculous they are. I wasn't expecting much of this game but believe me, it surprises you, by the way it has a story mode and lots of unlockables. Don't let trolls fool you.
  89. Nov 20, 2012
    I'm the biggest Smash brother fan, and I gotta say this game is 10000000000% better than Smash Brother. Nothing in that game can beat this one. It's just so amazing! Supers check, amazing characters check, awesome stages check. It's the whole package.
  90. Nov 20, 2012
    This game is far from perfection but I´m optimist with this. We already have 2 new characters FREE next year, if the Dev company continue the support this game will be HUGE. With a LOT of new characters, stages and new features. If you buy this game please continue the support buying the DLCs.
  91. Nov 21, 2012
    Seriously dont read the negative reviews, I honestly believe they were playing a different game because this game is amazing. Me and my girlfriend love it and we are both SSB fans, ive bought and played all of them. It's different yes. But it is also unique in how it does things, just give it a try and i can guarantee you will love it, its got alot of replayability and great for playinSeriously dont read the negative reviews, I honestly believe they were playing a different game because this game is amazing. Me and my girlfriend love it and we are both SSB fans, ive bought and played all of them. It's different yes. But it is also unique in how it does things, just give it a try and i can guarantee you will love it, its got alot of replayability and great for playin with friends. Oh and their is so much to unlock its crazy Expand
  92. Nov 22, 2012
    First of all, I NEVER played smash bros,so there is no fanboy bias here

1.Game looks beautiful,fighting mechanic is complex which I love it,too bad the roster is not that impressive though,online is freakin smooth,this coming from a gamer that live in a developing country,online has some bugs,but not game breaking and can easily be fixed by patches anyway,game has quite an amount of unlocks too
  93. Nov 23, 2012
    I am very surprise with this game , Ps All Star is a master piece and a must buy game and a collectors item to the playstation fans.
    Great game with a excellent combat system.
    Good graphics with brillant colors and sound. The voice chat runs perfect. The online is working good so far in both version ps3 and ps vita. All the characters are well done and mantaing his own personality. I
    Great game with a excellent combat system.
    Good graphics with brillant colors and sound.
    The voice chat runs perfect.
    The online is working good so far in both version ps3 and ps vita.
    All the characters are well done and mantaing his own personality.
    I would like to see more more game modes but is cool.
    The interface can be improve to make a futurystic or modern view.
    Definitely is the Smashbrother killer.
    I would like to see. A lots of dlc about avatars, dynamic themes , characters like Crash , Journey character ,Batman, Etzio, Ryu,Scorpion,Cloud and Zephirot and all of them with his own maps Sony can sell separate for all of that that are looking for specific map or character also they can do bundles
    I would like to see a dlc of a story mode itsn have to be too long .
    Superbot and Sony also can add funny characters like kaz hiray and jack tretton with funny skills and specials moves
    Definitely this game needs a sequel with a few improvements like story mode a little bit customization . Sony can sold items like hats, t shirts, shoes , weapons ,sounds ,intro ,specials moves The bad:
    The final boss sucks looks cheap and did not match with the game.
  94. Nov 25, 2012
    This game is AMAZING!!!! At first, I didn't fully appreciate the game for it's depth; as will most people, but I promise that the more you play, the more you will enjoy it. The game plays nothing like smash (sorry, had to mention it). Besides for the similar button lay-out and 2-D gameplay. Besides that, they are completely different games. The story isn't too strong, but the multiplayerThis game is AMAZING!!!! At first, I didn't fully appreciate the game for it's depth; as will most people, but I promise that the more you play, the more you will enjoy it. The game plays nothing like smash (sorry, had to mention it). Besides for the similar button lay-out and 2-D gameplay. Besides that, they are completely different games. The story isn't too strong, but the multiplayer is where it shines. The game plays on a "super" system which is a blast to play around with and has deep combo systems. The characters are really balanced and each feel wholly unique (even with cole and evil cole). Don't judge a book by it's cover and overlook it as just another smash rip-off. This game is fun and the more you play it, THE MORE FUN IT GETS. Expand
  95. Nov 26, 2012
    Fantastic game. Music and menu makes it look like I just grabbed it out of the 5$ bargain bin, but it plays like a fresh, polished, party fighting game. Some of the supers are better than others, but keep playing, you'll find a good balance.
  96. Nov 26, 2012
    Ob man wohl als fette kleine Prinzessin eine Chance gegen den Gott des Krieges Kratos hat? Diese und viele weitere Fragen haben uns schon Jahre lang gequält. Jetzt können wir endlich selber herausfinden wer in einem solch ungleichen Kampf die Oberhand haben würde.
    Ich denke inzwischen dürften alle gemerkt haben von welchem Titel wir gerade reden. Natürlich ist es Playstation All-Stars : Battle Royale. Bevor wir aber nun zum Test kommen möchten wir ein Vorurteil schon mal aus dem Weg räumen. Playstation All Stars ist kein Super Smash Bros Klon. Es ist zwar nicht zu bestreiten das
  97. Mar 3, 2013
    Despite having a smaller than expected character roster-seeing how Playstation had decades of icons- this game never fails to please. The characters all feel diverse, and not just copy-and-pastes of each other. The maps are beautifully designed, featuring a mix of different Sony IPs, balanced mapping, and interesting interactions and events in the background. The AP meter approach helpsDespite having a smaller than expected character roster-seeing how Playstation had decades of icons- this game never fails to please. The characters all feel diverse, and not just copy-and-pastes of each other. The maps are beautifully designed, featuring a mix of different Sony IPs, balanced mapping, and interesting interactions and events in the background. The AP meter approach helps keep this game feel different from SSMB, as it adds a creative way to score. My only complaint is the lack of decent servers, as the entire match will crash or start to get buggy if even a single persons connection is bad. So, for a low budget game, designed by a small developer, near the end of the PS3's life, this game shows promise, and hopefully will gain support for a larger budget sequel. Expand
  98. Apr 6, 2013
    I have owned the game for about a month now and can safely say it is a completly individual game compared to smash bros. you can level up and customise your character but the roster might be a little bland if you dont get the DLC, but when you have them then there is not much this game is missing, the stages each have their own little twists and vary greatly in size just like theI have owned the game for about a month now and can safely say it is a completly individual game compared to smash bros. you can level up and customise your character but the roster might be a little bland if you dont get the DLC, but when you have them then there is not much this game is missing, the stages each have their own little twists and vary greatly in size just like the characters. If you sre this game and either want a little challenge with other people inline or with friends in the room it is a great buy and well worth it Expand
  99. Nov 25, 2013
    Along with the roster that most fans didn't request for, they managed to succeed a spectacular gameplay with each character's different fighting styles. They could've put a bit more effort on stages, but overall the animations around them were pretty enjoyable. The game is not as good as Smash Bros. but I think it's a good enough crossover for Sony.
  100. Nov 20, 2012
    Just by playing the beta theirs no way this game is a 1 let alone a 0. Tired of fanboys dragging score down cuz their mad siny hit this one outta the park! looks grt plays grt tons of fun. Just seeing a rating of a 0 tells people with any common sense their trolling no game is wirth a 0.

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Mar 15, 2013
    Playstation All-Stars battle Royale: Not the all-star moment everyone was hoping for, Playstation All-Stars battle Royale is instead a decent enough fighter with serious balance problems and a boring cast. [March 2013]
  2. Mar 6, 2013
    It adds that element of strategizing, especially in online play, where a player can knock out all three of their opponents in fell swoop. Plus, much to my amazement, a character I had no experience using won me my first online match – thank you, Jak.
  3. Jan 30, 2013
    Overall, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale is mildly fun.