Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 PlayStation 3

6.7

1. ManuelG
    Nov 7, 2009
    PES is far away of his origins when the game liked to many people because his arcade gamplay. Now PES wants to be realistic but the creators are confused triying to copy to be comptetitive and lossing his value. We want back the past versions like PES Deluxe for Supernintendo.
  2. MarkD
    Dec 29, 2009
    First let me say I was a huge PES fan on the ps1/ps2, it was clearly the most realistic, most enjoyable football game. Back then I thought Fifa was for kids with its high scoring games and poor gameplay. Things have changed. I can't understand some of the reviews when I read them. Ok I will say that graphically PES 2010 has improved on all previous games. The player faces are very First let me say I was a huge PES fan on the ps1/ps2, it was clearly the most realistic, most enjoyable football game. Back then I thought Fifa was for kids with its high scoring games and poor gameplay. Things have changed. I can't understand some of the reviews when I read them. Ok I will say that graphically PES 2010 has improved on all previous games. The player faces are very good - much better than Fifa. The CL Mode is well presented and PES is better in terms of player individuality. Gameplay wise this version is no where near the best PS2 versions such as PES5 and PES6. There are a number of reasons for this. Player movement is robotic and stiff in comparison to Fifa's 360 movement, which is well implemented. The passing is just horrible, passes are under hit all the time, the ball is stuck under players feet, you can only make basic passes or you lose the ball. We are playing with players worth millions of £ yet they cant make any decent passes. Passing on Fifa is a little ping pong at times but atleast the game reacts when you press a button. Also on Fifa the passes go where you want them to go. The problems with PES gameplay go on and on, there is bad button lag. Nothing more frustrating when you press pass/shoot and it takes another 5 seconds for your player to execute the shot/pass. It should react instantly and be free flowing like it used to be, what have you done Konami. The goalkeepers are not great, the game is weak in the animation department compared to Fifa. The game feels scripted as though they want to make low scoring games. The gameplay (which is what matters most) is nothing compared to the PES games I used to love on the ps2. On a plus point the game is more challenging than Fifa, possibly because its more scripted. Graphics a big improvement this year. I don't like the nets they are not realistic, the ball often does a silly movement when it hits the net. Overall I am very disappointed with the PES games on the PS3. When I moved to next gen consoles I was most looking forward to a next-gen PES, I thought it would be amazing. However the series has gone backwards. It was always ahead in the gameplay department but now its behind in every department. The frustrating, unreactive gameplay added with the fakeness of PES makes this game very poor overall. I have tried it the last few years but Fifa is better, but not without its own faults. I wish Konami would have improved upon the ps2 versions as now we are left with mediocre football games. Expand
  3. Jun 4, 2012
    PES 2010 was showing its age when it just came out. Very outdated and poor animations, poor AI, but it still feels like the real thing. Menus and modes are great.
  4. Nov 19, 2013
    Aunque supera a su antecesor (Pro Evolution Soccer 2009) se queda muy atrás de su senda y de su lucha contra Fifa, perdiendo claramente este año, decepcionante tanto para seguidores poco fieles, como para los mas fieles de la saga, un juego para olvidar, Konami dejaba asi claramente que su reinado en Playstation 3 quedaba lejos, no como en Playstation 2, una lastima, porque el juegoAunque supera a su antecesor (Pro Evolution Soccer 2009) se queda muy atrás de su senda y de su lucha contra Fifa, perdiendo claramente este año, decepcionante tanto para seguidores poco fieles, como para los mas fieles de la saga, un juego para olvidar, Konami dejaba asi claramente que su reinado en Playstation 3 quedaba lejos, no como en Playstation 2, una lastima, porque el juego prometía incluso a los menos optimistas...pero no valía lo suficiente... Expand

The gameplay is solid; it just isn’t able to keep pace with FIFA 10 in most regards.
  2. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    It's game on between the big two once again. [Dec 2009, p.114]
    Yes, FIFA is the superior offering this year -- but it's a lot closer than you might initially think. If Takatsuka's team tackles the animation issues and online hiccups next year like they addressed the graphics, presentation, and Master League this year, we could have a 2010 videogame footballing derby worthy of Premier League titans Liverpool and Man United.