4.1

1. Sep 24, 2013
    This is the best football simulation since ISS 64. The gameplay is astonishing, the graphics are superb for PS3 conditions. People that complain about the controls being sluggish did not realize, that the form AND motivation of the players play a significant role in their playability. In that regard it is very similar to the good old SNES games or ISS 64. PES is still not for licence fetishistic FIFA fanboys. It is for the people that love football for the diversity in game styles instead for the marketing and publicity of teams and their star players. The most prominent players are available, others are not. But luckily the faces and names will be provided by the community later. So the only pro FIFA argument is obsolete.

A short summary :

Pro List :

- Champions- and Europa League, Copa Libertadores, AFC Champions League licences
    - mood and form of players will influence the game significantly
    - VERY realistic build-up and goal scenes
    - online mode
    - better player trick controls than PES 2013
    - very realistic faces of players that are licenced

Negative :

- CPU enemies foul too rarely
    - cannot change the rigor of the refs
    - pass direction has to be very exact sometimes
    - bug you have to change the resolution in the ps3-settings to 720p explicitely, otherwise it will try to play in 576p
  2. Oct 8, 2013
    Anyone who despises this game is either deluded or plain stupid...though we're all entitled to our opinions. PES' gameplay is far better than FIFA, it just needs that final off-field mode to fully surpass Fifa. The current sales are already in PES' favour and that shows that people are truly acknowledging PES
  3. Oct 3, 2013
    Very realistic soccer game. New features like R3 to make contact or just avoid a shot. Konami have been innovating since W11 and now its just like a new game. You can feel the different skills of each player and sometimes strangers mistakes like real soccer match. Ok, somethings are not so good, but the gameplay is attractive and intuitive. Soundtrack different with opera and funny songs.
  4. Nov 25, 2013
    very decent attempt. the player movement is realistic, so is the pace of the game. visually very good. lack of licencing is annoying. the game modes lack polish. more tactics would have helped. A for effort but B for execution.
  5. Mar 23, 2014
    This is the worst and PES i have ever played. The graphics are ominously, the whole game bugs even with the latest patch, the cutscenes are simply unacceptable. Player ID has been disappeared, there is no responsiveness and freedom, the balanced dribbling and general movement is gone, shots and passes sucks. Tactics not working and driving the game, this not working with the responsiveness so this gives the game an unrealistic ebb and flow balance. Defenders they are not working as a team, not understanding their positions and awful usage of jockeying. A.I IS THE WORST IN A VIDEOGAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED. SIMPLY STUPIDITY. It lacks from Individuality and great stat implementation. Poor dribbling and general movement, players move too slowly at normal speed which hurts the players general movement in all areas. Players do not slow down and change their pace fluidly. It’s as if the entire movement model for 2013 has been left out on purpose so they developed on the brand new animations and physics so they got these basic elements working. Free kicks / Penalties / Corner Kicks, are ARCADE like a "baby" game. Keepers suffer due to poor responsiveness, not enough animations and the poor basic movement system.
    Let's wish that they will change the graphics engine (FOX ENGINE) at the upcoming titles, to be a better and realistic sumulator of football. Fox Engine doesn't fit i PES Series.
  6. Oct 1, 2014
    This is a great game, I was playing it endlesly, great control decent graphics, player realism 9/10. It just feels for once like a real football game. really felt like I was in a the game. surging runs, great tactical play. I've played fifa 15 demo and Pes demo back to back. Fifa 15 looks awful in comparison. Fifa no's it has its fans and history. but Fifa are lazy and non creative, for once there is a serious challenge to Fifa 15. yes Pes 2014. I dont believe Fifa will even be at the races when gamers play Pes 2014. However as has been mention. the options menu is well dated on Pes 2014. looks like its from ps1 seriously. otherwise this games is the dogs b- - - - - - -. Expand
  7. Mar 26, 2014
    Even though PES 2014 suffers from offering less amount of stadiums than its predecesor, all the new DLCs with 860 faces and an incredible editor, makes up for the lack of licensed teams.

Once you see beyond all that, you can find here a game that is truly a revolution with a new game engine, new physics, new animations and new gameplay that, for me, is the best I've never played.

I
    was pretty angry the day I bought it. Months later, it has become the PES that I have played the most (including ISS pro evolution from the PSX).

If you are looking for a football simulator, this is with no doubt the best of its class. I've love the FIFA series on ps3, but since FIFA12 I've noticed that it has become really unrealistic again with impossible dribblings and strange ball physics.

It may have needed some months to be finished, but PES 2014 is the best football game I've ever played, period.
  8. Dec 11, 2013
    Reading the reviews I wasn't sure whether to buy this,glad I ignored them.When I first put the game in I noticed 2 data packs which took over an hour to download,it said they were to update signings and other improvements so didn't mind.Last years game was ok but the ball didn't move that realistically,defending was too difficult and corners,crosses and free kicks weren't effective.This game improves on all these problems,it's harder to score but more rewarding when you do and the defending's easier,goals are more likely to come from a cross,set play or lucky deflection than simple short passes as in the last effort.Best of all you can change clubs during the master league and even manage your national team which adds life to the games most important mode.The players also have nice weight to them,it's possible for a defender to get caught flat footed if his momentums in the wrong direction and the players jostle and block like real footy.Ignore these people who seem to want a piss easy game where you can run past opponents and fire in a screamer every game,that's not football.Continually hold down run and you'll get no where,its all about holding off opponents as they close you down and picking careful passes to keep the ball until a chance to burst throe with pace or whip a ball in appears.Grinding out results is part of the game.I found the advanced through ball tricky so turned it off in the options,also a few graphic bugs,nowt really. Expand

1. Nov 14, 2013
    I did not enjoy the new PES. Players are unresponsive, their AI is weak, refereeing is sometimes questionable and the automatic passing system often annoying. Match commentary is simply awful. There is almost nothing new in the modes department and as usual team licenses are a problem. But there is a good new engine at last (along with new physics system) and I see some hope for the series in the future. [12/2013, p.50]
  2. Nov 14, 2013
    Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 is very much what its name implies, an evolution. Konami have taken off the gloves and issued a very strong challenge to EA; whether or not this will translate to actual sales is yet to be seen as this battle will be fought over the coming year.
  3. Oct 23, 2013