7.8

1. MikeS
    Jun 23, 2009
    Fantastic game. The only thing I am going to say is to those considering playing this game, read the good user reviews and then the bad ones. Doesn't it seem like the people who knock the game the most seem to base their evidence on vicious rhetoric or a matter of taste? Also, a game being "too hard" should never be a knock, ever. If its too hard then you need to practice, my friend. Fantastic game. The only thing I am going to say is to those considering playing this game, read the good user reviews and then the bad ones. Doesn't it seem like the people who knock the game the most seem to base their evidence on vicious rhetoric or a matter of taste? Also, a game being "too hard" should never be a knock, ever. If its too hard then you need to practice, my friend. Incredibly rewarding game that is worth the price of admission Expand
  2. BryceS.
    Jun 10, 2009
    This game to me is all around satisfying and has alot to offer and keeps players coming back for more. It is true a few things could have been improved upon, but for such a huge sandbox game and being one of the first of its kind I give it props. If a player had to choose between this and Infamous I would say go with this because of the fast paced action, and all around because it has This game to me is all around satisfying and has alot to offer and keeps players coming back for more. It is true a few things could have been improved upon, but for such a huge sandbox game and being one of the first of its kind I give it props. If a player had to choose between this and Infamous I would say go with this because of the fast paced action, and all around because it has much more to offer. Expand
  3. Thatperson
    Jul 11, 2009
    Errr, This game is...pretty good actually. You get to go everywhere, it's almost constant action, and you get flat out awesome powers (he he heh...). Had a rough day? Go boot this up. After sliding on some dead bodies and turning your enemies into little puddles of gore, I think this may be fun for you. If you want a story, however, You'll be disappointed. It's rather Errr, This game is...pretty good actually. You get to go everywhere, it's almost constant action, and you get flat out awesome powers (he he heh...). Had a rough day? Go boot this up. After sliding on some dead bodies and turning your enemies into little puddles of gore, I think this may be fun for you. If you want a story, however, You'll be disappointed. It's rather lackluster in comparison to the gameplay. The graphics are also dumbed down due to the massive amount of action on-screen. But despite this, you have to admit, you can be freakin' kickass. So if you want to do something awesome, remember: In this game, you can karate kick a helicopter, and win. Expand
  4. AdamB.
    Jun 18, 2009
    A real fun game. Any flaws can be easily overlooked because of the sheer mayhem, power, and crazy fun it is to play one powerful dark anti-hero. The only people who I can see having a problem with this are graphics-junkies, casual gamers, and people who can't quite ever get used to the controls. A great game: go get it!
  5. KasperM.
    Jun 10, 2009
    Haven't had this much fun in a single-player game for a long time. A big thumbs up from me, only thing I didn't like was being able to just run around up and down buildings etc etc without anyone getting suspicious unless you had any sort of weapon out (even within military bases).
    Jun 10, 2009
    Amazing story unique gameplay mechanics overall best game of the summer.
  7. GamerPro
    Jun 30, 2009
    A lot of people and game critics are correct, it's one of those games where you have to do the same thing over and over again and the missions do get fairly boring. HOWEVER i still love it. Its like GTA 5 in a Resident Evil world but with a badass monster/virus guy who looks like a modern day Altair but has awesome powers, weapons, moves and upgrades like God of War. A blend of 4 of A lot of people and game critics are correct, it's one of those games where you have to do the same thing over and over again and the missions do get fairly boring. HOWEVER i still love it. Its like GTA 5 in a Resident Evil world but with a badass monster/virus guy who looks like a modern day Altair but has awesome powers, weapons, moves and upgrades like God of War. A blend of 4 of the best games ever. Its a must have game definitely if your a real gamer. Expand
  8. RobertS.
    Jun 9, 2009
    The game is incredibly fun, addicting and mind-blowingly action-packed.
  9. KP
    Jun 9, 2009
    Brilliant game, fun, makes you feel strong, storyline nice. I love surfing with people then throwing them at cars(Doesn't everyone). The only problem that kept me from giving this the ten is that there was no co-op. I think it would be pretty sweet if they wouldn't have cut it, though I guess having it now has its perks.
  10. DaleC.
    Jun 9, 2009
    It is hard to define a game that you have desired on a subconscious level but could never yourself define. Prototype embodies the game I never knew I have always needed. Never has such power been displayed in a game. Some movies have chased it, some music echoes it, but Prototype defines what is like to be all powerful and not the least bit apologetic about igniting that power all over It is hard to define a game that you have desired on a subconscious level but could never yourself define. Prototype embodies the game I never knew I have always needed. Never has such power been displayed in a game. Some movies have chased it, some music echoes it, but Prototype defines what is like to be all powerful and not the least bit apologetic about igniting that power all over the streets of a virtual New York City . Kudos Radical entertainment Kudos. Expand
  11. MarkVandenB.
    Jun 11, 2009
    Shapeshifting. Brutal combat. Stealth. The Patsy... awesome game!
  12. EthanC.
    Jun 11, 2009
    The reality of it is that this game is Crackdown on crack. Except everything is more realistic, the screaming and horrified bystanders just make me all tingly inside.
  13. GregW.
    Jun 11, 2009
    Great game. It will inevitably be compared to inFamous, which is unfair to both games, as they're pretty different. inFamous is more of a "shooter," and Prototype is a brawler. inFamous has better graphics, but Prototype is overall a much more entertaining game.
  14. EvanB.
    Jun 11, 2009
    I do not know how 1UP and such gave this game such mediocore reviews. Why do they complain about the controls? The controls are mostly flawless and easy to use in my opinion. Are they just bad at the game? This is the funnest sandbox I've ever played! All the cool abilities never get old, The missions are very fun so far, and the free-roaming is at its best. I recommend it to anyone.
  15. KyleH.
    Jun 11, 2009
    This is a great game. The controls for locomotion are a bit shakey at first, but once you get them down it's off to the races. The powers are amazing, even if there are one or two that I will probably never use. It's a sick game, and really fun.
  16. WizosB.
    Jun 10, 2009
    The great control system + massive ammount of upgradeable power + gore as far as the eye can see makes prototype a must get. This is the type of game I've been waiting for on the next gen consoles a classic GTA style with loads of action content. This game really puts the POWER at your finger tips.
  17. JohnP.
    Jun 10, 2009
    it is a very good game.it have very good graphics and a perfect gameplay and the scenario is very good.
  18. willh
    Jun 12, 2009
    This game is amazing. running up walls, jumping from building to building, using civilians as surfboards. this game has everything and is a strong contender for game of the year.
  19. DanteM.
    Jun 14, 2009
    This is by far the best game i have played all year.And yes I have played inFAMOUS in my opinion [PROTOTYPE] surpasses it by far in terms of gameplay, sounds, the upgrading system, and the powers... oh the powers creates such an interesting and diverse experience. The story is very in depth and the web of intrigue is a very unique way to present the story. Not similar to me in anyway to This is by far the best game i have played all year.And yes I have played inFAMOUS in my opinion [PROTOTYPE] surpasses it by far in terms of gameplay, sounds, the upgrading system, and the powers... oh the powers creates such an interesting and diverse experience. The story is very in depth and the web of intrigue is a very unique way to present the story. Not similar to me in anyway to hulk UD, assassin's creed , or GTA IV. Expand
  20. NakettiS.
    Jun 26, 2009
    I don't understand on what drugs or personal vendetta some of the official reviews have been on. The game is amazing. The freedom and easy of moving and doing what you want to do in a Sandbox New York is unbelievable. I have always wanted to experience being a half god in a crowded city and this is the first deliverance of that for me. Technologically excellent game. The plot is I don't understand on what drugs or personal vendetta some of the official reviews have been on. The game is amazing. The freedom and easy of moving and doing what you want to do in a Sandbox New York is unbelievable. I have always wanted to experience being a half god in a crowded city and this is the first deliverance of that for me. Technologically excellent game. The plot is beautifully executed but could be more interesting. Awesome game, though. Expand
  21. AlexW.
    Jun 9, 2009
    Definitely a good game; target system took me a minute to get used to but other than that it is very good.
  22. AlS
    Jun 14, 2009
    It's true the graphics aren't superb, but I could care less when I'm having so much fun causing unlimited mayhem. Every time I get a new mission it's easy to get sidetracked for an hour just roaming around the city. This game is a 10 on the pure fun scale.
  23. LewisW
    Jul 16, 2009
    Great game, a few things let it down though. The storyline isnt that good, and the game can get frustrating at times. But the powers are fantastic, and running around and jumping up buildings and cut people in half is very satisfying!
  24. CameronD.
    Aug 12, 2009
    This game is absolutely fantastic. The first time I played I was completely blown with Alex's abilities and powers. This game is by far the best on the ps3 at the moment by far.
  25. Mar 16, 2011
    This game has lackluster graphics, a disgustingly put together story, TERRIBLE voice acting (save for Mercer, who's gritty-ish voice fit his character), and worst of all, lame missions. Then again, I don't care, I have spent the last 45 minutes of my day running over civilians in a tank... that I am holding. This game is about mindless bloodshed and mass murder, and I love it. I loveThis game has lackluster graphics, a disgustingly put together story, TERRIBLE voice acting (save for Mercer, who's gritty-ish voice fit his character), and worst of all, lame missions. Then again, I don't care, I have spent the last 45 minutes of my day running over civilians in a tank... that I am holding. This game is about mindless bloodshed and mass murder, and I love it. I love getting that achievement for killing 53,956 infected, I love the final 2 missions: one of mass murder/chasing/yelling, the other of an epic boss fight that took me days to beat. I love just running around in the vast city, hijacking helicopters. Lastly, Alex Mercer. He looks cool, sounds cool, and does cool things. He is freaking cool. He's a murder, a monster, a terrorist. He's something less than human.. but also something more. He, like this game, has flaws, but kicks ass. I recommend a rental at least if you want to de-stress in the form of omnicide. Expand
  26. R.M.
    Jun 10, 2009
    Prototype spanks Infamous like it's a little bitch! No doubt to anyone on the fence about which game to pick up, cross my heart, Prototype is a lot more fun! Infamous looks cool, but from this gamer the compliments stop there. It's boring!! Prototype on the other hand is balls out crazy fun GTA style with sweeter powers! Ahh!! It's Awesome!!!
  27. Jul 2, 2011
    I thought this was one of the best games I've played in a long time. There is something about defying gravity... I did not see any of the negatives others spoke about. I found the accuracy spot on and I didn't feel the graphics suffered whatsoever. Movement was smooth and natural. The ability to go anywhere in the city in 3D is so much better than those games where they lead you by theI thought this was one of the best games I've played in a long time. There is something about defying gravity... I did not see any of the negatives others spoke about. I found the accuracy spot on and I didn't feel the graphics suffered whatsoever. Movement was smooth and natural. The ability to go anywhere in the city in 3D is so much better than those games where they lead you by the one way maze. I highly recommend it. Expand
  28. Kevin
    Mar 25, 2008
    extreme combat is exellent. outstanding gameplay and is very fun.cool story.graphics need more work.maps need more detail.
  29. AndrewL.
    Jun 11, 2009
    Prototype is an endless source of random carnage with the most unreal level of satisfaction. While chopping things to bits has lost its charm over the years, there is no stopping you losing that sinister smile on your face when you whip out the claws and start hacking. Or leaping from building to building carrying a car, only to throw it full strength at a helicopter. It's hard to Prototype is an endless source of random carnage with the most unreal level of satisfaction. While chopping things to bits has lost its charm over the years, there is no stopping you losing that sinister smile on your face when you whip out the claws and start hacking. Or leaping from building to building carrying a car, only to throw it full strength at a helicopter. It's hard to turn the game off once starting. The story is so great that as you slowly, slowly get more hints towards Alex Mercer's origin and that extra step to his revenge, you're in suspense. With countless sandbox items to add to gameplay like 'events' (my favourite is the building jumping ones) that aren't there just for PS3 Trophies and more fun, they actually pay off with EP (evolution points). The more EP the more upgrades you can afford, and it goes without saying, the more upgraded your powers are the more devastating your attacks are, theyve perfected this RPG style in that there are significant changes between level 1 moves and level 2. While flaws in graphics are there, especially during in-game cinematics, you have to forgive the game for such impeccable, long-lasting gameplay. New York City is monstrously huge, crossing one part of town to the next to see the effects of the Infected is a spectacle. Especially while you glide across the skyline with a strike team and horde of creatures on your tail. It is a necessity for any gamers collection, without a doubt. 10/10 Collapse
  30. JesseH.
    Jun 14, 2009
    This game is absolutely fantastic. I was completely hooked the moment I started the game and have been playing it almost non-stop since it came out. Lived up to several years of hype from me, back from when it was announced.
  31. TherBigmac
    Sep 27, 2009
    Graphics: Let's get one thing out of the way. While the graphics in this game are not bad (A little better than Grand theft auto 4) they don't compare to titles like uncharted or Arkham asylum. And the reasoning behind this is quite simple. A large portion or your PS3's processing power in working in the HUGE environments since you're pretty much free to go wherever Graphics: Let's get one thing out of the way. While the graphics in this game are not bad (A little better than Grand theft auto 4) they don't compare to titles like uncharted or Arkham asylum. And the reasoning behind this is quite simple. A large portion or your PS3's processing power in working in the HUGE environments since you're pretty much free to go wherever (or as high) as you want. Gameplay and Overall feeling of the game: Mind-blowing. Imagine being in a GTA / sandbox type of environment where you can do almost anything. Leap buildings, run across walls, Hijack armored tanks, glide above a massive (very accurate) replica of New York City (Mostly Manhattan) and unleash pain at will when you detect foes below you, I could go on and on. Weary of battle? low in health? help yourself to an innocent bystander and literally suck the life out of them. Possibilities are endless. Oh, and by the way, how do you actually "suck the life" out of them? Well, just the way the T-1000 used to do it in Terminator 2, you can replicate people on contact and become them while sucking their life energy and making it your own in the process. It's a win-win. (Maybe not for the poor basterd you snatch off the street but it works pretty well for everybody else, a.k.a.....You. - In game jargon you're technically "consuming them"). And not only you can alter your appearance to look like your victims with the push of a button. You also own their knowledge. You know everything they knew which slowly but fascinatingly unravels the plot of the game via the "web of intrigue": A living organic map that connects your victims with each other, with special emphasis on the characters that have knowledge of the mystery behind your powers and maps their previous interactions with each other before their met their doom at your hands. So, when military choppers with enough firepower to start world war 3 come after you, they quickly realize that's not such a good idea, when you catapult yourself into the air, storm the cockpit and do to the pilots things that one day you'll tell your therapist about. And guess what: you just "consumed" a military chopper pilot along with all his life memories including his ability to fly military choppers which is now.......yours. Without even landing it, guess who is flying the chopper now! (Just the way trinity used to do it in "The Matrix" but with LOTS more blood involved). Becoming people is just so much fun I found myself spending hours just infiltrating military bases, and consuming weapons specialists, fighter pilots etc. And the more you do that, the more your skills in that particular discipline are refined. I had a blast while being chased through the city by military squads just to turn around the corner, push a button, become one of them and seeing them run right past me and then get all confused. It would be right there and then when I would resort to one of several methods: 1. Use the Assault rifle now in my hands (comes with the body of the poor soul you just consumed) and shoot everybody in the back while laughing like a maniac. 2. One of my favorites, with a simple button command ACCUSE one of the soldiers of being ME in disguise resulting in the rest of the team shooting him, execution style, no questions asked. HILARIOUS. or 3, reveal my true self and impale everyone in the vicinity with lethal spikes, blades, claws or whichever one of my mutant virus obtained powers I fancy at the time, just to see everybody scream for their lives in despair. Most people compare this game to InFamous, which was released about at the same time and to my surprise is rated higher. I also own InFamous. I played InFamous for about 2 hours and it was OK. Both games are indeed very similar in it's concept but in my opinion Prototype is vastly superior. The InFamous guy was really slow. He climbs buildings and runs at human speed. The Prototype guy leaps buildings, glides to the point of almost-fly and runs at superhuman speed. Playing InFamous, was OK, but at times it felt a bit like a chore. Like I had to play through an annoying not really fun part, just to get to the fun parts people raves about on the web. Playing Prototype was an absolute blast of non-stop fun which I wasn't able to put down since the first minute I played. Expand
  32. GhislainG.
    Jun 10, 2009
    Gameplay is addictive and fluid. The parkour is flawless. Visual effects are well done. The only down is how good it looks. Graphics must have been cut down to permit better gameplay, a good choice!
  33. MeNotU
    Jun 12, 2009
    Great game. Finally a game where you are a powerful being, and actually feel like it as well. Fun to play - with old school concepts (power ups, new moves, level ups etc.) Also has a decent story to boot :) The Graphics could do with an upgrade, but other than that, the game itself is enjoyable.
  34. LanceI.
    Jun 10, 2009
    Has some great ideas, didn't pull them all of as planned but is still an action-packed carnage fest that will keep you interested throughout the game, and even afterwards collecting the hints and landmark tokens for hours.
  35. ChrisS.
    Jun 13, 2009
    It can be a lot of fun just for the sheer amount of destruction and chaos you can cause on screen. All with a very smooth frame rate - albeit one that is smooth at the expense of the downgraded graphics. Draw distances are pretty poor, and the textures are Xbox 1, Ps2 quality. The missions are fun enough, but I found the lock on targeting system to not be to my liking. It's too much It can be a lot of fun just for the sheer amount of destruction and chaos you can cause on screen. All with a very smooth frame rate - albeit one that is smooth at the expense of the downgraded graphics. Draw distances are pretty poor, and the textures are Xbox 1, Ps2 quality. The missions are fun enough, but I found the lock on targeting system to not be to my liking. It's too much of a pain to hit the target you want, especially if you are using any of the soldier weapons. Using your own biological powers works great though, and the auto targeting isn't as much of a necessity. Ii can understand why they went with this system over Infamous' free targeting, since Prototype is a much faster paced game , and is much more hectic. Very fun game, but again, the graphics and targeting system are what made the game feel unfinished. Expand
  36. JackH
    Jun 25, 2009
    This game is fun, has it's thrills, tons of moves, made me feel like more of a badass than i have in most other games. There is a lot to do, albeit a lack of a story to really give two craps about. That plus the spurts in high difficulty (unevenly done at times) subtracts 2 points from this game. Graphics, good enough for what it is. The game has a lot going on in it, especially This game is fun, has it's thrills, tons of moves, made me feel like more of a badass than i have in most other games. There is a lot to do, albeit a lack of a story to really give two craps about. That plus the spurts in high difficulty (unevenly done at times) subtracts 2 points from this game. Graphics, good enough for what it is. The game has a lot going on in it, especially during fights...had the graphics been much nicer it probably would have caused a lot of lag in intense fights...i'll take a hit to graphics over lag ANY day. Good game, worth the purchase. Expand
  37. JoeL.
    Jun 11, 2009
    It took what The Incredible Hulk started, and delivered an even more engaing experience. The mayhem is balanced, difficult at times, and fun. Lots and lots of fun. That being said...it's just TOO much like The Incredible Hulk to be a 10. It needed an extra few months of combat overhauling.
  38. NickP.
    Jun 11, 2009
    Even tho graphics aren't top-notch, the games is really entertainig. The story is well scripted,the powers are really well structured & the AI can be really challenging from time to time.
  39. AnonymousMC
    Jun 11, 2009
    In prototype you are a super powered infected dead guy who runs amuk in New York on a personal vandetta to get revenge on those that made you what you are. Oh and you get to kill zombies, hijack helicopters while they're flying, use the blades of that helicopter to chop up people on the ground, run straight up any surface, shape shift into an enemy and walk around undetected, and aIn prototype you are a super powered infected dead guy who runs amuk in New York on a personal vandetta to get revenge on those that made you what you are. Oh and you get to kill zombies, hijack helicopters while they're flying, use the blades of that helicopter to chop up people on the ground, run straight up any surface, shape shift into an enemy and walk around undetected, and a myriad of other things. What part of that doesn't sound cool? With all the detail they put into making the combat visceral, adding multiple ways to attempt missions, multiple types of side missions, and multiple types of hidden items in the environment it's easier to forgive the un-polished graphics, which are honestly the only thing I really have to complain about. Expand
  40. JustinB.
    Jun 11, 2009
    Prototype has some flaws but they don't distract from the amazing game it is. Prototype set out to do many things, making New York, awesome superpowers, open world, etc. And all these things are done perfectly without much flaw. I loved this game and will be playing it for a long time to come
  41. JimbWitchunter
    Frantic and truly fun.
  42. JamesC.
    Jun 10, 2009
    Whilst there is an enormous amount of fun to be had with destroying everything on site in every possible way, the missions lack variety and the graphics are bland. However, the frame rate never falls and the amount of powers in the game is extraordinary
  43. brenty
    Jun 13, 2009
    Good game overall, fun, fast and full of destruction. the only problem with this game is the overall story, the ways in which it's told and the sdie missions having nothing to do with the main missions. the story was a good idea, and the method was a good idea, but the story simply isn't intresting engouh to keep up captivated. also you care very little about the characters whichGood game overall, fun, fast and full of destruction. the only problem with this game is the overall story, the ways in which it's told and the sdie missions having nothing to do with the main missions. the story was a good idea, and the method was a good idea, but the story simply isn't intresting engouh to keep up captivated. also you care very little about the characters which is never a good thing. the power though and the amount of upgrades u get for each is great. the ideas and look of the game give it an 8, but there are drawback both in gameplay and in storytelling which keep it from a 9 or 10. Expand
  44. JohnK
    Jun 13, 2009
    One of the best games i played in years. its a mixture of hulk ultimate destruction with more better powers and blood and gore. This game has graphics like saints row which is not a bad thing. the story is good it will draw you in. THIS GAME IS ADDICTING.
  45. Jamie
    Jun 13, 2009
    Prototype is definatly one of the best open world games you can get. The main reason for this is the huge amount of variety. With roughly 9 individual ability's, all of which have individual move sets, the ability to drive tanks, transport and attack helicopters as well as the mix of infected and millitary zones gives the player the tools to do what they want, how they want. This is Prototype is definatly one of the best open world games you can get. The main reason for this is the huge amount of variety. With roughly 9 individual ability's, all of which have individual move sets, the ability to drive tanks, transport and attack helicopters as well as the mix of infected and millitary zones gives the player the tools to do what they want, how they want. This is where Prototype succeds most, by succsefully giving you easy control to a incredibly powerful creature and making you FEEL good about it. Expand
  46. EricB.
    Jun 14, 2009
    Prototype is a game that has a large concept, and achieves it partially. It's action-packed from beginning to end, and it gives us something we haven't really seen for a couple of years, and that's quality fun. The gameplay: At first when you play Prototype you feel overwhelmed by it's greatness. The powers and abilities are over-the-top. The parkour is absolutely Prototype is a game that has a large concept, and achieves it partially. It's action-packed from beginning to end, and it gives us something we haven't really seen for a couple of years, and that's quality fun. The gameplay: At first when you play Prototype you feel overwhelmed by it's greatness. The powers and abilities are over-the-top. The parkour is absolutely amazing, and it's just excellent feeling like Alex Mercer. But then as you dig deeper, the game shows off it's biggest issue, and that's repetition. For example, the whip fist power is fun and cool to use if you want to take down choppers, but as you use the same methods OVER and OVER again, you begin to lose the thrill the power once had. The same applies to all moves and powers. Story: The story is slightly linear but it engages you through a few unexpected twists and does a decent job of delivering, even if the rest of the cut-scenes after the intro are slightly mediocre. Presentation: This is a hard thing to talk about because the presentation is so mixed. Alex's animations are excellent, some of the opposition he faces have great animation and all in all in that department it's great. The city on the other hand failed to completely impress me. The shadowing is decent, but some of the textures look downright awful. The building do have a fair amount of detail up close in comparison to other games, but the clipping errors, the over gloominess, and the lack of New York atmosphere ruins some parts of the game. Gameplay: 9 Story: 8 Presentation: 7 8 out of 10. Expand
  47. Nov 17, 2011
    Loved the game. I feel 79 is not doing justice to this one. There is awesome feeling of super powers, the city feels alive and wast and the battle mechanics work well. The tech behind the game is amazing and graphics are good.
  48. Jul 9, 2012
    Although not the most graphically impressive game, it features innovative game-play and a decent story-line. [PROTOTYPE]'s open world mechanics and liberty of movement make it a good addition to anyone's collection.
  49. Aug 18, 2013
    8.1 out of 10 (rounded off to 8).

The story is cool, the gameplay is cool and the environments are cool. But sadly, "cool" doesn't get you too far. It gives you a memorable game with addictive moments, but not a masterpiece.

If you like InFamous and gruesome superpowers, you will probably love this game.
  50. Aug 12, 2014
    This game really amazed me, from the beginning to the end. I enjoyed it in most of its aspect, from its storyline to the powers you have in this game. Ideas developers put in this game are awesome, even thought graphics are not very good, this is the only bad point of this game I think (I'm not talking about textures, I didn't like how menus were set up neither their graphics).

1. Still, you won't ever have played a sandbox game that creates so much carnage and offers so many ways to play.
    I suspect that some people will find their enthusiasm drained more than mine by the shallow enemy gene pool, but even they're bound to get swept away by the myriad pleasures of tearing up town as a ghoulish and preternaturally fleet-footed shape-shifter.
  3. Prototype is one of the best games to release this generation and is definitely the best game to drop in 2009 (so far). Outside of the lackluster stealth and disguising mechanic, the brutal combat, huge open-world, varied challenges, and utterly satisfying gameplay makes this a must-have title for any serious gamer's collection. Get ready to put your life on hold!