• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Oct 1, 2013
8.0

1. Nov 21, 2013
    Rain has to be my best purchase this year! With a beautiful soundtrack and wonderful atmosphere I got sucked into the world of rain almost immediately. It's the type of game that only comes around once every couple of years. Everything was so perfect there's nothing i can say i would change. If i had to pick one word to describe this game it would "Simple".
  2. Nov 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I can't understand how some people do not see the beauty in this game. The water colors at the prologue and ending were just outstanding, sure it made it a little hard to see things, but its WATERCOLOR. The music was very good in my opinion it had that sorrow feeling of the two being trapped in the European city, most likely Italy. The story was probably familiar, we've all seen those cheesy movie. But at the end when the Unknown crushed the boy I was generally shocked. I thought that monster was dead and the girl left because she thought the boy was like her, really sick, was just a little sad.

At that one part in the story where the girl finds her real home and then sees her sick little body and tries to wake herself up, that was done well. It was sad. Could you imagine being trapped in a rainy world then finding your sick body in a bed not waking up? Then afterwards when the Unknown came into the house and chased the girl away I thought she was gone for good. Then she popped back up again in The Unknown Town, where you had to find a way through the city to meet with her again and finally up an end the the creature of the night by opening the doors of the real city.

The camera angles were a bit weird and hard to control at times and there were probably bugs, but its not a perfect game. No game is. Not your Call of Duty, your MineCraft or even The Last of Us. They aren't perfect games.

Now I think early on most people gave this game negativity because 'lack of game play', I don't think people of this generation appreciate games like this anymore. It wasn't about the game play, but the experience and story.

I love how the watercolors were implanted instead of making it a rainy cut-scene. It gives an art style you don't see in games nowadays and it still manages to uphold that watery feel to the game.

It's a short game only 8 chapters long, but I promise you won't regret it if you're into these kind of games.
  3. Aug 25, 2014
    I loved my time with rain. The art style and the story was very amazing. I completely adore the soundtracks of this game. This game is a rare gem, and therefore my money well spent.
  4. Nov 6, 2013
    One of the best gaming artistic experiences I ever had. Set in a European city, probably Paris, in a wet raining night, escaping from what it is the metaphor of an illness. In terms of gameplay it may seem a bit weak, but that its not what the games focus on, it is all about the experience. Also you bet you will still manage to die anyway. I have been a bit disappointed by the ending, that like the prologue turned into a water colours clip. But apart from that the journey gives what intended to, what any lover of raining days does expect. It can't be missed, you won't regret it. Expand
  5. Dec 21, 2013
    This was a very unique and Good game, from both the style of which the story is told down to the game play itself. It is not a long game but it is an engrossing one with some bit replayability also.
  6. Apr 2, 2014
    This is what could be if Silent Hill was a fairytail. I absolutely loved an atmosphere, world design and music. The end is pretty much predictable, however I still loved it. 10 0f 10.
  7. Jan 26, 2014
    In short Rain is beautiful,short,sad and immersive. Like every game it does come with flaws....the main ones being how short it is and once you beat it that's pretty much it....however if you can immerse yourself in this beautiful,stunning world then you will come out of this game like me amazed

1. Apr 19, 2014
    Without any multiplayer, exploration, or any other significant points of interest, Rain is a short, easy ride you'd be hard-pressed to venture into more than once.
  2. Mar 11, 2014
    Rain is sad, beautiful and highly playable. [Nov 2013]
  3. Rain drops shows more than just silhouettes, with its great take on atmosphere and beautiful musical score, Rain is a classic.