6.9

1. Jul 11, 2012
    First of all, Rainbow Moon's target audience are clearly older gamers with the patience and appreciation for a throwback, grind-based RPG. If you loved games like Dragon Warrior and Final Fantasy Tactics growing up, this is a must buy in my opinion. The graphics are pretty but outdated. Don't expect fancy cinematics. Voice acting is sparse. There's basically no narrative to care about following. The grammar for in-game dialogue is often downright silly but understandable given it was German originally. And while some might overlook a game for these reasons, Rainbow Moon is terrific because of its addictive and incredibly well-balanced gameplay. If you're someone who appreciates the SRPG genre in general, don't miss this one! It's an absolute steal at $15. Expand
  2. Jul 30, 2012
    Rainbow Moon es un RPG de estrategia donde las batallas se llevan a cabo en un área dividida en una cuadricula, al estilo de final fantasy tactics por ejemplo.

Los gráficos del juego son vividos, coloridos y muy agradables a la vista.

Tienes en frente toda una aventura por delante que te tomará más de 40 horas para terminarla y eso sin tomarte el tiempo de
    hacer todos los side quests que tiene. Además cabe destacar que tiene un trofeo por jugar por 100 horas y otro por tener uno de tus personajes en nivel 500 (puedes llevarlo hasta el lvl 999 si quieres).

De verdad que si eres un fan de los RPG o quieres un juego en el que perderte, no lo pienses más y cómpralo, es divertido y un estilo de juego que se extraña mucho en esta generación.
  3. Jul 11, 2012
    This game has really struck a chord with me. I set the game to hard and kicked off with as little supplies as possible. I wanted to grind my way to glory! I certainly have not been disappointed. The developers have done a great job at guiding the player into the experience they have crafted without overwhelming hand holding. I love a game that makes me feel like i'm discovering something. As an example, I attempted my first battle without a sword. I quickly realized that I was ill-prepared. A short jaunt down the trail, some dialog with the locals, and I found myself prepared for basic battle. The game provided me tutorials on what I discovered. The game did not tell me when, where, and what I needed to do the whole way. It was a fine blend of discovery and tutorial.

The strategic battle is my favorite part of the game so far. The move scheme, sub-turns, skills, and the unconditional escape make the battles very satisfying and scales very nicely. As you character evolves you are able to strategically handle more and more enemies. In recent years I've become more of an action-RPG fan. But, this game has captivated me. The combat is very satisfying.

Standard functions like healers and stores are available for staying healthy and buying new junk. The side quests provide that additional challenge to pick up some additional experience, pearls, gold, and equipment. I did find the idea of a "savant" who is used to upgrade attributes in exchange for pearls to be a new one for me. I like the idea. But, it does provide for a bit of a sigh when i have to travel back to a town to find one. The nice part about it though is that you don't have to wait to "level up" in order to update your attributes or spend your attribute points when you level up. You can hoard pearls and wait around to see how your character needs to develop in response to the baddies that are blocking your path to fame and fortune. The storyline is pretty standard so far. But, I have not had a chance to fully experience it. However, I am not entirely focused on the the story since the battles and building up my character are my focus right now. I have yet to experience utilizing material slots, equipment comparison, picking up additional members of my group of my character.

My only criticism is that due to the orientation of the screen during battle it is often easy to move in the wrong direction.
  4. Sep 18, 2012
    I don't remember when i last time enjoyed a game on PS3 that much like when playing Rainbow Moon.
    Fun and challenging battles on Hard were you have to use tactic, lots of places to explore, stats to upgrade, weapon customization, great music, cute and colorful graphic. Not mention 80h+ of fun gameplay made it worth the price.
    Some may say it lack of story, yes it don't have one because
    it don't need one. There are some short funny dialogs and it worked for me.
    My best buy on PSN and one of the most addictive games i played in a long time and i have 14y of gaming behind me.
  5. Aug 3, 2012
    I'm really happy with this purchase, the game is a lot of fun, sure there's not much narrative to the story, but the gameplay will keep you coming back, the battles are insanely fun, getting new skills and leveling them up, upgrading your weapons, clearing the dungeons. I absolutely recommend this game to any rpg fan, plus it's only 15 bucks, the main quest alone is 40+ hours, plus the optional and endgame content can go up to 100+ hours and trophy support even with a platinum trophy, that's a lot of bang for your buck. You won't regret buying this game. Expand
  6. Jul 17, 2012
    Rainbow Moon is a wonderfully crafted game that could carry a much higher price tag then $15. My gaming resume includes games such as Call of Duty, Resident Evil, NHL 09-12, Command and Conquer, World of Warcraft, Eve, Civilization, Oblivion, Rage, Assassin's Creed, GTA, Midnight Club and Dead Nation (which is also a must buy) I'm about 4 hours into Rainbow Moon and I am thoroughly impressed. The story line is developing nicely and the tutorials are informative and to the point. They don't dominate the beginning of the game, and are available in your inventory for later viewing if needed. The battles progress well in difficulty and random encounters are nice for leveling. If you join a battle accidently or realize there is no chance of victory, the escape option is always available with no penalty. There is an element of exploring, and talking to everyone is helpful. Talking to NPC's won't be a waste of your time. A knock of the game by reviewer Wrex is the lack of an "autosave" feature. The game allows you to save at any time, so why do you need autosave? Another knock is that only members of your party that deal the killing blow will get "pearls" which allow attribute leveling (all characters get xp) This is obviously to keep the game from becoming unbalanced. Another knock Wrex brings up is that the music volume is too loud. Really? I think there may actually be a way to lower it, but I haven't checked because the music seems fine to me. A small annoyance is the inability to drop items while in the process of opening bags gained after fights (large bags and chests can be re-opened) This results in not being able to pick up what Expand
  7. Jul 25, 2012
    Awesome game. It takes you right back to the roots of gaming. The turn based battle system is unique and totally addictive. The game world looks stunning. Took me more than 60 hours to play through the main game and it feels like there is still so much left to do. Worth the price of a full retail disc game, yet only costs 15$. I can recommend this game to everyone!
  8. Aug 16, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is a classic rpg to the t witha few modern improvements. Turn based battles with a leveling system that rewards players that push themselves, take on tougher (optional encounters) to level faster. Players learn skills through scrolls that they purchase and can augment equipment with items that drop from monsters. A mini map is available at any time with your main quest shown at most times. You have 2 read 2 understand this game, no spoken dialogue. I played it on normal and had a great time with mininal grinding, about every time I needed to grind there were monsters around guarding item sacks. For some reason people that had positive things 2 say about this game had negative scores. Idk if they did it on purpose or not... Anyway if you like classic style rpgs then you will love this game. Expand
  9. Jun 30, 2013
    I bought this from store, but i didn't really know anything about this game. It sounded interesting atleast for me. I was surprised how fun it was. Developers did great job introducing you to new things and leading you to next things until you have played whole day without even noticing it really.

I like strategic games so this game offered me difficult especially in hard mode. There
    are some hard levels to get past like final boss on hard. Sub-turns and skills makes big difference in combat. Only thing i had problem with was the moving in the battle map. Many times i moved accidentaly to wrong spot.

I am not a fan boy of RPG, but i enjoyed this game alot.

I would like to see more gear to wear tho, but its not that bad issue. Side quests are sometimes boring, but they give sometimes something you really need to get past places especially in hard. Buying those pearls and or gold is very VERY useful. You cant have enough of them.

This game is very satisfying to play and this is game for strategy game fans on hard difficulty. And it is enjoyable as an rpg too. Just buy it already you wont regret it. Its cheap.
  10. Jul 10, 2013
    The best game i have played since final fantasy 7 on PlayStation one no exaggeration this game is that good. 10/10 does not cut it its fantastic if you want a old school RPG instead of the instant battle rubbish were plagued with since the latest final fantasy with lightning and sara believe its 13 well this game delivers it takes the speed play out and replaces it with tactics the levelling system is awesome it encourages grinding and you have to eat drink and explore and well it you have 7.99 uk pounds spare i would urge you to buy this to support them more as rainbow moon skies is in the works and they really did a great job. The RPG elements of this game rival fallout and skyrim for thought Expand

1. Oct 27, 2012
    Rainbow Moon has simple gameplay, and a charming and colorful look. Both the look and soundtrack is very retro, and seems to be a tribute to old classics. Is you're a fan of strategic RPGs, you'll find a lot to love here. I, on the other hand, found it more of a chore.
  2. Oct 1, 2012
    Rainbow Moon is a game that I couldn't help but come away from with pleasant feelings. It's not revolutionary, but it's well-executed and knows exactly what it wants to be. There is a certain type of player out there who is going to absolutely love this game, and get hours upon hours of enjoyment out of it. The only question you have to ask yourself is if you are that kind of player. If not, at least try it out for the sweet music!
  3. Sep 24, 2012
    Despite its flaws, Rainbow Moon has a lot going for it. With an amazing levelling/combat system and solid visuals and story, there are many worse games in this genre. It is also worth mentioning the value for money here. If Rainbow Moon hooks you, it's around 200 hours of game play for the 100% and all for only £9.99 (£7.99 for Playstation Plus members). However its lack of balance and time required for completion is sure to put off some players who will not find what they are looking for on this expedition.