8.6

1. Jun 5, 2014
    I love platforming games, I think that it is my favourite games gender, but this was just... OMG, really good. I recommend it for the people that like games like Mario, or for the PS, Little Big Planet.
  2. May 11, 2014
    the perfect 2-D platformer for any console, no failures, perfect graphics and amazing gameplays.
    all of this guarrantees lots of of fun.
    ten out of ten for me!
  3. Apr 27, 2014
    Rayman legends is an absolutely thrilling game that provides endless hours of fun. I though the graphics would be bad....boy am I wrong. the graphics are absolutely superb. The music is excellent and the co-op gameplay is brilliant. 10/10 for me.
  4. Mar 13, 2014
    Just a perfect platformer. Controls like a dream. Looks beautiful. Had a hard time putting it down. Just can't get enough of this game. Really don't know why I waited so long to buy it.
  5. Feb 7, 2014
    Very refreshing gameplay. Little ad-ons make just that little difference you expect from a sequel. There is more focus on online multiplayer with many challenges and online scoreboards which will let you try again and again to beat the scores of your friends. The new worlds are breathtaking and well balanced. More puzzles than Origins, which is pretty nice and defiant. You even earn levels from the previous game, fully re-done but still familiar. Slight flaw is the dificulty of the game, in my opinion it is less difficult than Rayman Origins. I have to say I haven't finished the game yet so the last world could be - similair to Origins - more challenging Final conclusion: Money well spend! Expand
  6. Jan 11, 2014
    This is not simply a good game. It's one of these games that we should realize how creative, fun and enjoyable it is and make us feel the joy in our hearts instead of playing these stupid, bloodthirsty M rated games.
  7. Jan 4, 2014
    This game is definitely one of my favourite games of 2013, it outdoes "Rayman Origins" in almost every way. This game is designed in a more open ended way, so you can do levels in practically any order. The multiplayer is somehow even more fun than the original, and the online challenge mode is addictive as hell. This game is not about finishing every main level, it is instead about collecting everything. You unlock more challenge levels the more you play, and beating these unlocks even more. You can even unlock levels from "Origins" until you have the entire game.

The gameplay is smooth and can become quite challenging, the graphics are beautiful, and the music is exceptional and well suited. Multiplayer rules and it has great replay value.

If you like platformers, get this game now.
  8. Dec 11, 2013
    Bought this game for my wife and never played a Rayman game before because always thought the character was kind of lame. Well damn. Just an excellent game in every way. So much variety, fast paced, chalenging and extremely fun. This game will punish your ass too but not too much (almost sometimes). Many hours of drinkin beer and screaming at the screen. Good times! Everything is top notch and the music is just a perfect fit for the game. Played the level with the Ram Jam song blasting all the way through. Man I had a big grin on my face. Really gets you going like wanting to jump up and down with the bad guys on the screen like a little and pound your fist hahaha. Felt like when I was was 10 (estimate) years old and got the NES for Christmas and playin Mario for the first time. fantastic. Expand
  9. Dec 8, 2013
    The perfect platformer! that's why it's getting a 10/10 from me. Awesome levels and soundtrack charming graphics,flawless gameplay oh and some awesome boss battles. Then again there are some problems for example the game is way to short for my taste a game fun like this needs to be longer! And 4 player coop can get very chaotic and crowded.

Did i mention that this game is fun as hell!?
    it's magic buy it! Expand
  10. Nov 22, 2013
    the last time i played rayman games was in my java mobile 204x320 and still it had loads of fun. Rayman Legends is a tribute to its preceedors as this is the "BEST" platformer game in PS3. its funny, soothing, soft texture animation, well detailed and the difficulty levels has been increased which is an extra icing. another knockout punch from ubisoft. rayman is awesome to play with family deserves a massive 10/10 :D Expand
  11. Nov 14, 2013
    Rayman Legends Improves on everything in Rayman Origins, which i thought was impossible seeing how good that game was. The graphics look lots better, the gameplay is smoother and more fun, the music and sound effects are perfect, there is heaps more content with more levels, challanges and minigames. I could go on and on about how good this game is.
    Easily one of the best games i have played,
  12. Nov 13, 2013
    Awesome as always, but it misses the great sound track witch the Legens had so its 9/10 game but i love it and you should concider to buy it, because you will not find anything else entertainning like this!
  13. Nov 7, 2013
    Rayman Legends is simply one of the most beautiful, fun, & engaging games ever made. The controls are responsive and intuitive. I haven't had as much fun with a video game in a long time. Rayman Legend's art style is at times astonishingly animated, and simply beautiful. The musical score is terrific, a perfect accompaniment to the adventure.

Also, the first, excellent PS3 Rayman title,
    Rayman Origins, is essentially in this game for free! You earn lottery scratch off tickets by beating levels and you "win" most of the original levels from Origins.

This is one of my favorite games ever, it compares favorably to legendary platformers like New Super Mario World DS and Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World.
  14. Nov 6, 2013
    It's good to know there are still game developers who create platformers with as much passion as Ubisoft. Like its predecessor, Rayman Legends focuses mainly in simple yet effective platform gameplay, with an unique art style that mixes both traditional and digital art, 2D and 3D. The music is incredible, Cristopher Hèral and Billy Martin took Rayman Original Score to a new level. The levels are great in numbers and very different from one another, making hard for me to define which was my favorite, since they are all add some ingredient to the mix. The Musical Levels are a clever addition to the series, and they could shine on their own, but there was such need for Ubisoft to add at least five more of these kind of stages. The downside: Playing RAyman Legends with your friends in a couch its a fun affair, but it may get messy and players can spoil one another. Over all, Rayman Legends is one of the best platformers of this generation, a fun game for all ages and something a good old school gamers should surely enjoy. Expand
  15. Oct 6, 2013
    There is nothing other than the word PERFECTION to describe this game.
    Best game of this gene if not the best game of All Time

GRAPHICS
    GAMEPLAY
    SCOPE
  16. Sep 16, 2013
    Rayman Origins was a perfect reboot of the Rayman series, and Rayman Legends is the ultimate game. So much content is packed into this game, and as it features superb gameplay, sound and presentation, you can't go wrong here.
    Perfect game that is a must-have for every gamer. 10!
  17. Sep 13, 2013
    Ridiculously fun sound design and gameplay is perfect. Loved Rayman Origins as well, but this seriously improves upon the formula. Hopefully this series will achieve the commercial success that it deserves and not just be a niche game.
  18. Sep 12, 2013
    I picked the both PS VITA and PS3 version of this game. I should say Rayman Legend is masterpiece of platformer Firstly I did not enjoy how some elements of the game are changed in terms of gameplay mechanics. such as the Lums the shiny big ones that were in Origins) or the flying with fly levels and stuff are removed and the whole gameplay is replaced by some better stuff.
    the game
    does offers some levels where we are given chance to take control of the frog and the rayman through the level, these sorts of levels really gives an interesting amount of variety to the overall gameplay but they can not go too fast as controlling both characters in a same time would be confusing and hard. The variety of the levels are much more, the art direction is simply fantastic, the gameplay never becomes boring and simply it is one of the best platform games I have ever seen. I totally recommend this to anyone, with its price tag it does offer more than you expect:) Expand
  19. Sep 7, 2013
    This game is refreshing and really good fun. The most impressive aspect is how many different types of gameplay they've managed to squeeze into each of the different worlds. The music really adds another level to the experience, and the bonus rhythm levels are a real hoot. I find myself playing with a cheesy grin plastered on my face a lot of the time, which can't be said of many games these days. Expand
  20. Sep 7, 2013
    Amazing and crazy platformer. The only negative is the UPlay system, which is a mess and feels totally unnecessary. It's the best Rayman to date nonetheless, and certainly one of the top platformers of the year!
  21. Sep 6, 2013
    There is nothing other than the word PERFECTION to describe this game. I bought it for my fiancee' and instantly we both spent all night playing it. We just stopped... and can't wait to have 4 people in on the action.
  22. Sep 5, 2013
    Rayman, you started of as a simply fun and enjoyable platformer for the PS1, you then made the jump into 3-D with Rayman 2:The Great escape (a game I am still to play all the way through), Rayman 3 was...to me very good, very very good! Creative and beautiful art design and unique method of power-ups (by the way these power-ups are awesome). Personally I think the 'Rabbids stuck about for a bit too long in my opinion. So It was about time Rayman made a pure Rayman game, and boy was it worth it!!!

Rayman legends combines a clever and gorgeous art style, with the good old Rayman formula we know and love. I'm not going to compare it to 'Origins' simply because I have never played 'Origins' but if it's anything like this game sign me up! This may be my favorite platformers this year, the way you control Rayman is floaty but he stills feel very 'real' If you know what I mean. He does genuinely feel like Rayman again with the long traveling punches and the way he jumps. The soundtrack is perfect, there's no other way to describe it. it's just perfect! It makes you happy or it makes you pumped and ready for more of the game. The story is great, I won't mention it for the sake of spoilers but believe me when I say it's good.

The only real downsides I have with this game is that the difficulty of this game seems to be two different extremes; very easy or very challenging. The levels as fun as they are full of enemies that die in one weak punch, personally I'd prefer it if the enemies were a little tougher, also the secrets for me at least were fairly easy to find. And then it gets tough by giving you challenges where you have to react quickly, but as long as you have the right control scheme you'll be fine. Overall I'd say pick this game up for a fantastic platformer, a fantastic Rayman game, and for some like, a big blast of nostalgia.
  23. Sep 5, 2013
    WOW!!! This is a platforming-gem! I have always loved the Rayman series going back to the PS1, but this is clearly the best game in the Rayman series (sorry Rayman 2). The graphics and sound are a thing of beauty. The controls are pinpoint precise, and allows the player full control over Rayman. The story is alright, but what would you expect from this type of game? There are over 100 levels, including 40 remastered levels from Rayman Origins. The replay value is excellent. Two player co-op is awesome and is recommended to get the most fun out the game. Anything over two players gets dicey. There is an old expression...to many chefs spoil the stew---and that same saying applies to this game. The pure fun factor of this game harkens back to the enjoyment of the old school NES games. The game is challenging, but not frustrating. The music levels are some of the most creative levels I have ever experienced playing video games (and this goes back to the Atari 2600/ Colecovision). I fully recommend this game to anybody who owns a PS3. This is a must have for your collection. You will NOT be disappointed! Expand
  24. Sep 3, 2013
    Like falling in love all over again. This game is pure magic. I've been a fan of Rayman for a while now so I picked this up hoping to find another good platform experience in Rayman Legends. Not only was I blown away by the sheer awesome unique game design and mechanics but also by the awesome story. Gameplay is very good and every level brings up something new and fresh to keep you interested. Enemies and your friendly characters are top notch with a lot of variety. The soundtrack fits the mood perfectly in each level and keeps you pumped in anticipation. The story is epic and interesting. There is a lot of replayability. I just have to recommend this to other people. If you don't buy this you're really missing out. I know I'm going to be jumping in those paintings for amazing adventures for a long time to come! Expand

1. Oct 16, 2013
    An essence of pure, unpretentious fun, a work of geniuses with untamed creative powers. I simply can’t imagine a human being that will not enjoy this wonderful, beautiful game. [CD-Action 11/2013, p.66]
  2. Oct 3, 2013
    One of the best platformers we've played in a hell of a long time with a mix of traditional design and clever reinvention. [Nov 2013, p.76]
  3. Make no mistake, the difficulty has been ramped up considerably. Something we, as grown up gamers, can truly appreciate. Even the first worlds aren't all that easy, since the levels vary greatly in difficulty. Don't expect a new Demon's Souls, but be prepared to make that same jump a dozen times. [September p.80]