5.3

1. Nov 19, 2014
    Story line of this is very good and bound reminiscent impressions from RE2, RE4 and RE5, productplay is different, but it is mainstream now. Also quality of video/audio and programming - perfect.
  2. Nov 9, 2014
    Uno dei migliori videogiochi mai creati.Con una campagna sensazionale ed un gameplay ottimo se pur non ai livelli del secondo e del quarto capitolo.Un capolavoro.
  3. Oct 15, 2014
    im a huge RE fan and RE4 is my fav game all the time i played RE6 for more than 60 hours and i platinumed RE6 i bought it in the hope of having a real survivor horror exp in leon campaign and it was good but in overall RE6 lost it identity greedy capcom trying to please everyone reaosn why i call it greedy as a survival/horror game it deserves 4/10 and as an action game 7/10
  4. Aug 23, 2014
    OK, I just played through the Chris campaign of this game, and have to say, Resident Evil 6 is actually a very enjoyable and fun game. I can't think for the life of me why people are giving it 0-4 and scores like that. I understand that the game deviates from its survival horror roots, and that gameplay may be a little too similar to other games like CoD, but I don't think that makes RE6OK, I just played through the Chris campaign of this game, and have to say, Resident Evil 6 is actually a very enjoyable and fun game. I can't think for the life of me why people are giving it 0-4 and scores like that. I understand that the game deviates from its survival horror roots, and that gameplay may be a little too similar to other games like CoD, but I don't think that makes RE6 a bad game at all. I am now going to play through the Leon campaign and am highly looking forward to it as I've heard pretty good things about that part of the game.

Because of bad ratings this game is actually pretty cheap to pick up, and I recommend anyone with spare cash lying around to pick this game up. Just bear in mind that parts of the game aren't like older Resident Evil games, but you'll still have fun while playing. I would go as far as saying that RE6 is one of the most underrated games I've ever played. I've certainly played games that are overrated e.g. the first Assasin's Creed. Pick this one up.
  5. Aug 7, 2014
    HELLOY HELLOY THIS IS ADEPT.
    This game worst ever, best game for maslyat. Dont play it. Sonyblyadi huynu nakoldovali.
    CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY
  6. Jun 23, 2014
    I felt compelled to sign up for metacritic so I could put my views across. It's current mixed score of 5.3 is probably fair. As a Resident Evil game, it fails on so many levels. Capcoms insistence on co-op removes any chance of there being the classic RE tension that enveloped the early games, the amount of QTE is way over the top,. When I was playing the game I thought to myself that II felt compelled to sign up for metacritic so I could put my views across. It's current mixed score of 5.3 is probably fair. As a Resident Evil game, it fails on so many levels. Capcoms insistence on co-op removes any chance of there being the classic RE tension that enveloped the early games, the amount of QTE is way over the top,. When I was playing the game I thought to myself that I was playing COD:B.O.W edition and I see some similar thoughts in other reviews. Even stripping away the Resident Evil name, as a game on its own 2 legs, it still is poor due to most of the reasons I mentioned above, alongside such other reasons as splitting the story over 4 campaigns, forcing you to replay certain sections of the game in 2 different campaigns. Yes some of the 0 reviews are just people taking their hatred for the game and it's destruction of the RE legacy too far but those giving it anything above a 7 to 'balance out the score' are just as bad. A 5 is a fitting score likely Expand
  7. Jun 9, 2014
    Aún con sus altísimos valores de producción, gráficos geniales y abultado contenido, termina emapachando los constantes tiroteos, explosiones, saltos imposibles, descarrilamientos y mutaciones. No tiene el equilibrio jugable de otros grandes juegos como tomb raider o the last of us, es simplemente acción, acción y más acción sin descanso hasta saturar. El juego en si no es horrible, peroAún con sus altísimos valores de producción, gráficos geniales y abultado contenido, termina emapachando los constantes tiroteos, explosiones, saltos imposibles, descarrilamientos y mutaciones. No tiene el equilibrio jugable de otros grandes juegos como tomb raider o the last of us, es simplemente acción, acción y más acción sin descanso hasta saturar. El juego en si no es horrible, pero si echas un vistazo atrás y recuerdas las sensaciones que ofrecían los primeros Resident evil, es como para echarse a llorar y no parar. Expand
  8. Jun 4, 2014
    Well, i am sad because the Resident evil franchise come to this, this embarasing title, the worst resident evil game ever made like operation racoon city, the franchise is coming to an end. I really miss the old days, when resident evil means "horror".
    This garbage looks like a call of duty game with zombies. ugly and repetitive as hell. This is worst than downpour, because downpour at least preserves some horror. But this one is incredible bad, the Leon campaign is the only one that tries to recreate the true "horror" but it fails.
    Stay away from this game and pray for Mikami, hope he have made a good job with Evil Within, but i don't know, the real survival horror is dead.
  9. May 23, 2014
    After playing through Resident Evil 6, I have some mixed feelings about it. Even though, it definitely isn't the high point in the series, and made some mistakes in design, I can't help but feel that some of the anger towards it is misplaced. However, that doesn't mean the game doesn't have it's problems.

First thing to point out is the new aiming mechanic, which uses a cross hair. The cross hair is absolutely terrible, and is the worst way to aim in the game, considering the laser dot in the middle moves independently of your controls. Switch to the traditional aiming mechanic, or the laser sight. It is way better.

Next is the fighting mechanics. This game changes the previous formula for melee by adding the ability to punch and kick without having to stun the enemy first. If you liked the old mechanic, you can still execute a nice melee attack on an enemy you've stunned. Although, the default amount of stamina you have feels too small at times.

The biggest change to the game is all of the extra movement you now have. Unlike past games where you were rooted to the spot while aiming, you now have the ability to move and aim simultaneously. Along with this, you're not restricted to turning with the camera like you were in 5. Now, your character and the camera move independently from each other. Also added are the abilities to slide, take cover, and dodge, and even aim while lying down. Overall, the new mechanics function, but at times, they feel a little clunky, especially since most of these movements are mapped to the same buttons. I like the new direction the game is taking with this movement, but they need to be perfected.

The story is definitely what I have the most mixed feelings about. The game is split into four campaigns, following the stories of Leon Kennedy, Chris Redfield, Jacob Muller and Sherry Birkin, and then Ada Wong. I actually liked this whole concept of playing four different campaigns, and they're not too short either, with each one taking 5-6 hours to complete, adding up to over twenty hours of gameplay. However, the campaigns end up being more action and less story than even Resident Evil 5, so the story does suffer in some ways. The first two chapters of each campaign usually do end up being the weakest in story, but the story truly hits it's strength in the later chapters, when the campaigns start to intertwine, and the characters meet. That's when the stories truly hit their stride. Aside from that, the campaigns are pretty weak, being overly simplistic in story. Luckily, the few story bits in the campaigns are pretty impressive for the most part, even if some plot points in the story feel weaker than others.

Another weak spots for the campaigns are the levels. Some levels are absolutely amazing with awesome action and great sequences. Others are kind of blah, and others are absolutely infuriating, filled with bad sequences, fighting way too many enemies and filled with unnecessary grinding. This is one of those games where you'll have so much fun, and then absolutely hate it in five minutes.

Another bad aspect is the tutorial. It does a good job of giving you the basic knowledge, but only gives you the good techniques through hint messages during loading screens. Some of these tips are essential to the game though, meaning you're not going to be proficient at this game for a good while.

The graphics for the most part are good. Character models are well done, and I was always impressed whenever I saw the grime and sweat off of a character's face. However, some textures in the game look really rough up close, meaning some parts of the game look absolutely great while other parts are on the opposite end of the spectrum. Another problem is that the game is too dark. This is due mostly in part to the game intentionally blacking out parts of the game in an attempt to create shadows, which means that even on the brightest settings in the game and you're tv, the game still isn't illuminated well enough.

Another thing I want to address is the hate this game gets. Resident Evil 6 is not a bad game, but it goes further from the tradition that the Resident Evil franchise has set, which is ultimately why it upsets fans. RE6 tried to make everyone happy, by giving horror based and action based campaigns, but ultimately it isn't enough. In itself, the game isn't bad, but it's hated for the lack of quality and tradition past Resident Evils have. I personally don't mind, but I know some do.

Overall, the game is good with some huge flaws holding it back from living up to the standards set by RE4 all those years ago. If you hated five for the direction it took, don't play this game, considering the game goes down that same path. However, I can't recommend this game to newcomers, considering how unfriendly it is to newcomers. But, in itself, RE6 is an enjoyable and sometimes frustrating experience. So, if you're a hardcore fan, you may want to check it out.
  10. May 23, 2014
    There are no creative gameplay setups in the game. It's a variety of "x zombies coming at you" and "x zombies coming at your position which you must hold for a while". Then there's the occasional boss and QTE, but it feels like an overall cash-in, something made to satisfy shareholders rather than gamers.

Some moments are way above mediocre though, and despite the long trudges, there's occasional glimpses of an 8/10 or even 9/10 game. Then that feeling lasts ten minutes at most aaand it's back to 5-6/10 action. As such, it's a game about punching, stomping and shooting, rather than a game about zombie survival.

If 7 hours of well-made, varied graphics can satisfy your curiosity, I think you will have a fun time with Leon's campaign, which is polled to be the most liked and provides decent closure to its story. But I'm not sure the other three campaigns will hold your interest, as I don't really want to keep playing the game after 1st chapter of second campaign, which adds more shootouts after I just finally got done with it in the first campaign. Leon's still had some spectacular set pieces and encounters, and the flow between chapters felt quite convincing despite some drastic changes in surroundings. The occasional puzzles all had the same mass-market design as the action: designed to be instantly solvable, each element laid out in order so you just move forward and check off each step.

You can choose to smile at the button-mashing and various times where the game treats you like a tool. With that attitude, you can play the game as a conversation about game design. Sometimes it works, sometimes you laugh. If you're looking for some spectacularly produced dark action scenes, RE6 might still be the most exciting combination of tension and action on PS3.

Ultimately, you have to ask whether it's even worth picking up from the bargain bin. It's a matter of taste. Do you want an enjoyable time, or a tense time? A smooth experience or a rugged one? Creative design or mainstream design? Whatever you want, RE6 designs it in a way so I won't recommend playing it. But there is something exciting about playing a big-budget, non-recommended game. Just to see what the fuss is about.
  11. May 10, 2014
    This game has its problems, but I cannot deny the fact I feel like this is a better game then Resident Evil 5. I enjoyed this game quite a bit. First, the game is eerie. It's not to the same degree of creepiness like resident Evil 4 and prior, but it has it's moments. Visual wise, it looks great. Environments are well detailed and looks incredibly nice. Enemy and character designs are veryThis game has its problems, but I cannot deny the fact I feel like this is a better game then Resident Evil 5. I enjoyed this game quite a bit. First, the game is eerie. It's not to the same degree of creepiness like resident Evil 4 and prior, but it has it's moments. Visual wise, it looks great. Environments are well detailed and looks incredibly nice. Enemy and character designs are very well done and I cannot deny that they look very nice. Resident Evil is known for it's sound effects and this game is no exception. All he snarls and shouts are very good and you can tell where they are. Now for gameplay; It has its problems but also it's good points. The game offers drop-in, drop-out co-op and this can help you quite a bit in some the hard parts. If you don't want to play with a human, the partner AI is competent, which I am grateful for. The individual four campaigns play differently. This makes the gameplay, as well as the story, feel a little unfocused. Leon's campaign plays like Resident Evil 4. His campaign is the strongest and it has some moments that do startle, albeit being mostly jump scares. Jake's campaign plays like a runner game, i.e. there's a monster and you escape from it. I didn't mind this one too much, it wasn't too special, but I like the fact they brought Sherry back from Resident Evil 2. Chris' felt as the weaker one and felt scattered in terms of story. It plays like any generic third person shooter in the vein of Gears of Wars. Due to that, it plays too generic. The story is scattered and can be confusing at times because it jumps between two timelines. Ada's story is the second best campaign. It plays like a stealth game and it's a little harder. Quick Time Events are reintroduced, but I feel like the number is overstated. There are a number of them but they come up at times when you would have the controller in hand. Now for the story. Since Capcom killed off Wesker, you should expect a strained story. This is also due to it being split among 4 campaigns that messes with it's canon frequently. Basic gist, a new virus has been created. After the virus is tested on a university campus in the US, the race is on to stop the person behind the attack. Overall, I liked the game. It`s got it`s problems, but I was able to look past them. 7.6/10. It is definitely closer to the weaker end of Resident Evil and it terms of the RE games released as of late, Resident Evil Revelations is a stronger game. But I still like this game. I would recommend hat you buy this game used or at a discounted price, because it will be hit or miss for many people. Expand
  12. Mar 31, 2014
    You do not want to be friends with anyone that gives this giant flop of a game anything above a 5. I say so again, do not get close to anyone who thinks this game is good. They might actually like it, but they like sh** then. Because that is what this game is, sh**. Stepping on Goombas in the old NES Mario games is funner and more thrilling than any retarded boring enemy youll find in RE6.You do not want to be friends with anyone that gives this giant flop of a game anything above a 5. I say so again, do not get close to anyone who thinks this game is good. They might actually like it, but they like sh** then. Because that is what this game is, sh**. Stepping on Goombas in the old NES Mario games is funner and more thrilling than any retarded boring enemy youll find in RE6. There is absolutely no scares, but ofcourse even the fanboys know this. This game is beyond scripted, think youll get caught by the giant monster(forgot his name) that chases you? Hahahahahaha, hahahahah, LOL, ROFL, it will never happen. It is just a tease, a tease that happens quite a lot. Lame plot, incredibly lame main villain. More QTE's than enemies. Leon is now a little bitc**, nothing like the awesome-O he was in RE4. Mercenaries is ****** easy now. I tried to like it, but this game sucks really really bad. Oh yeah and the enemy AI? There is none! Expand
  13. Mar 10, 2014
    Funny that Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5 have better ratings here. Resident Evil 6 is best next-gen RE franchise. Great graphics, great controls. Best next-gen RE!
  14. Mar 6, 2014
    It's awful done. Still here, crap. Look sadly Capcom a k a crapcom ditched survival horror completely. Instead it's an action failure. Zombies are .... not even zombies just people with zombie looks and the rest are B.O.Ws that are easy to kill, oh and mercenaries that are dumb and easy. 4 campaigns both short and boring. Yes 4 there's a bonus campaign. Just don't buy it please don't buy it.
  15. Mar 4, 2014
    Resident Evil 6 is a game that requires an extensive autopsy to make sense of. It had some positive introductions but largely suffered most from easily avoidable production oversights.

The good: Resident Evil 6 starts by establishing its tone very well. We may not know Helena well in the tutorial but we feel the graveness of the situation immediately. It does feel like it has promise. The graphics and character captures are brilliantly done once again. The voice acting as well is some of the industry's best delivering somewhat less impressive lines.
    The concept of interwoven stories is exciting and had much opportunity for a completed picture of the grand scale events. And there is much in terms of gameplay time. Between the three modes and the mercenaries bonus material, there is much time that can be sunk into the endeavor granted the player has patience to suffer through the flaws.
    Solid drama in the Chris ending.
    Interesting environmental designs and aesthetic.
    Enemy design was mostly good with the occasionally tiring appearance of gun toting enemies. Boss fights included, though the resilience of certain characters is cartoonish.

The negatives: The plot is entirely incoherent, beyond plausible and even in violation of established canon in some parts. Poor design choices that should have been realized in production were left in the game for quantity rather than quality.
    Examples of this are quick time button sequences that are not clear.
    Constant poorly implemented vehicle sections.
    Chase sequences with fickle or erratic camera work.
    Occasions where an environmental factor was highlights without enemy movement paused leading to deaths beyond the players control.
    Co-op lag issues in online play and extensive disconnects early into release in sections like the Snake battle.
    Checkpoints that are unreasonably spread out making S ranks more of a time consuming chore than a challenge, especially on higher difficulty modes like "No Hope".
    Mercenaries becomes routine and predictable with rinse repeat combat and counter spamming. Even breaking 1.2 million points fails to feel rewarding as a result.
    Cash grab alternative multiplayer modes essentially amount to trophy purchasing (48% of all trophies are DLC, an almost unheard of amount).
    Constant interruptive sequences break game pacing and seem to be ashamed of the main combat.
    Inventory is slow and clunky compared to Re5 which had simple quick switching and tactical reloading for mastery. Exploiting the switch mechanic is game breaking in providing perfect aim at huge distances and no recoil shots especially in Mercenaries.
    A complete failing in any understanding of how PTSD works and amnesia/body double/cloning cliches to move plot. Characters act in ways they shouldn't with their established history. Arbitrary skills introduced to justify sequences (Piers the expert driver).
    Weapon upgrading and shop system dumbed down to extremes with the skill system replacement.

Overall, the game is serviceable but not in any way enjoyable. It 'mostly' functions the way it should have but lacks polish and even more so fails in some ways that should have been obvious in quality assurance. A big production with a little cohesiveness. A cleaner, tighter, smarter followup is what the franchise desperately needs at this point.
  16. ERB
    Feb 19, 2014
    This game is good but not as good as Resident Evil 4 or most of the games of the series but still it is good. So Capcom made Resident Evil 6 have more action but sometimes the action gets repetitive and boring where before Resident Evil was dark and scary and now they made this game not scary and full of repetitive and boring actions. I should say The game play is still a slightly aboveThis game is good but not as good as Resident Evil 4 or most of the games of the series but still it is good. So Capcom made Resident Evil 6 have more action but sometimes the action gets repetitive and boring where before Resident Evil was dark and scary and now they made this game not scary and full of repetitive and boring actions. I should say The game play is still a slightly above average but It is in my judgement that the game play is stupid. The story in this game is brilliant. It is interesting that you have 7 characters in this game that you can play each. You can also play as Ada Wong! She is like one of the hottest video game female characters ever made. What is good about the story is that they have a different story and different ending but there story is all connected. Which is why it is good! The graphics are above average and the zombies in Resident Evil 6 looks awesome especially The boss battles and I have to admit that the boss battles are well done and very exciting. The only problem in this game is the boring and repetitive action but still there are tons of content in this game. Now It has come to It's final verdict and this game is an 8/10 game. This game is a great game. A must buy for fans for this franchise and anyone new to this game should also be able to enjoy this game. You must buy this game and play it. Don't be scared It is fun. Expand
  17. Feb 16, 2014
    The finishing touch , the conclusion to a previously epic series... Thank you Capcom for destroying everything!! I honestly feel stupid for even giving this a 1/10 but I refuse to give it any higher than that... played for 30 mins... and I had to turn off my PS3.

Everything about this game is horrible! If you liked this game, you either never had a PS1 or you never played the game when you DID have one until RE1,2 became obsolete!

This game feels like Gears of War mixed with Deadspace mixed with ...well dog crap!

Only an ignorant person would be enchanted by its BIG BANG effects and its Whirlpool of Super cool bad ass invincible Leon Kennedy strutting around like a Mega God who is Furious! "Hey babe...im not gonna let this happen! I'll kick their asses, don't worry" (that's literally what his attitude lol... how can you take this game seriously as a survival horror??).

lol, helicopters flying everywhere, man swinging on a rope and double-kicking zombies while shooting a machine gun and landing with a ninja roll and finishing with a pause saying "That's how it's done" man....

This would ALL be fine if they gave this game ANOTHER name and didn't spit on their TRUE FANS.

I would've bought this series every title for the rest of my life. That's how loyal your "niche" fans are. I can't believe you disrespected us by releasing that statement about us being "too mature" to play your RE games... What a disgrace.

Shinji Mikami, the originator of the series left after RE4 which is how this game turned out for the YOLO generation.

Go pick up Evil Within when it comes out. If you have any self-respect and want Survival Horror with a game made FOR LOVE and not ONLY for money.
  18. Feb 10, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I think Resident Evil 6 in concept had some good ideas and things to work with, but almost everything they tried in this game was poorly excecuted. I did like the idea of Leon and Chris finally being in a game together. I liked how they actually tried to give Chris a little more character development, something that was lacking to me in the previous games with him. I really liked maybe the first half of Leons campaign. There also seems to be a great attention to detail in how each character reacts to the enemies, whether it be Chris, Leon or Jake they all feel different to me. With that being said though, I think theres a lot of problems with this game, and like I said the biggest fault being excecution. I liked how they made Chris sort of this captain of the group in the beginning of the campaign and I like how Chris says no one will be left behind. But this is soon shattered by Adas stupid clone. I was actually digging Chris's campaign in the beginning but after Chris's men are killed I lost all sense of what I was actually fighting for, besides obviously Chris trying to get revenge on Carla. RE6 ended up replacing RE4 and RE5's weapon upgrading system with a skill point system. The problem I had with it was that I really didn't get a chance to actually delve into it as you could only upgrade skills at the end of each chapter and from what skill points I aquired, I barely felt any real difference. There's some melee components to this game but they all feel overpowered as you can continually mash at the enemies at will with no consequences. In RE4 and Re5 you had to place your shots at the right points than you could do a melee sequence. At the end of things I think this game is worth renting as I think there is some fun to be had, especially if you have a friend, but other than that don't buy it. Expand
  19. Feb 9, 2014
    This game is not that bad. The graphics and music are actually really good and the control in my opinion is sublime and you can finally move and shoot. While yes it wasnt the scary game we were all expecting and it stupidly tried to impress everyone, it was still a really fun 3rd person shooter alone or with a friend also agent hunt mode was awesome and should be implemented in more games.This game is not that bad. The graphics and music are actually really good and the control in my opinion is sublime and you can finally move and shoot. While yes it wasnt the scary game we were all expecting and it stupidly tried to impress everyone, it was still a really fun 3rd person shooter alone or with a friend also agent hunt mode was awesome and should be implemented in more games. Just take out resident evil from the title and have fun. Expand
  20. Feb 9, 2014
    (Old school Resident Evil fan)

This again is another poor action game by Capcom using the Resident Evil name as the main selling point. Resident "Hollywood" Evil doesn't know whether it's coming or going anymore and this game is proof. Ok graphics boring story terrible enemies Capcom has really lost the plot. Quick time events plague the game as do waves of enemies who are just
    (Old school Resident Evil fan)

Ok graphics boring story terrible enemies Capcom has really lost the plot.
    Quick time events plague the game as do waves of enemies who are just bullet sponges.
    This game will be in the bargain bin now anyway so it won't hurt your wallet too much but I still wouldn't waste my time on this game unless your a hardcore Resident Evil fan like myself.
  21. Jan 10, 2014
    Well I am not going to write a long review for this game as basically I only played it for a few hours. Picked it up cheap and decided to try it, but not for me to be honest. My gaming time is limited so I generally only pick up the very best games, I am not a person who plays every release. However I played and enjoyed many Resident Evil games on the ps1/ps2 so decided to try this. IWell I am not going to write a long review for this game as basically I only played it for a few hours. Picked it up cheap and decided to try it, but not for me to be honest. My gaming time is limited so I generally only pick up the very best games, I am not a person who plays every release. However I played and enjoyed many Resident Evil games on the ps1/ps2 so decided to try this. I obviously knew that the game had changed a lot from what it was, more action based and less of a survival horror like the old days.

Personally this game was not worth my time. Clunky controls, bad camera angles, poor graphics, terrible voice acting and storyline (it really did seem unbelievably bad). I would not buy this game back for 10p. If I was given it for free I would not play it. Games are supposed to be entertainment but this is just a frustrating and boring game. Shame as the old RE games were great. Simply not worth my time, this is not entertainment.

Overall it has to be a 0/10
  22. Jan 3, 2014
    What caveman creates an FPS game in this century and doesn't allow you to change the button layout? The R1 and L1 buttons are horrible as trigger buttons, only a sadist would take a game like this and force a binary set of options for all controls.

This is idiocy.
  23. Dec 27, 2013
    Resident Evil 6 tries to mix many genres into one but fails to have an unique and memorable experience.

If you're fan of the first games you'll probably don't like the four available campaigns that much. The survival horror is more present in Leon's campaign and it's still not good as the franchise should offer. Chris' campaign fails to be a shooter because of the bad controls (like the cover system), Jake's campaign seems to be a mix of a strategy/shooter and Ada's campaign is more like a stealth/shooter.

I think there are two things considered critical in this game. First, the quick time events. There is no need to have them. Second, constant deaths. Even being a hardcore gamer you'll die a lot because of the QTE and poor game design. There is a difference between dying a lot because the game is hard and because the mechanics are not well executed.

Despite of the mentioned flaws, RE 6 is still a game that deserves to be played. Graphics are very good, the plot is interesting with great connections between the four campaigns and there's still room to have fun, be on the single-player or multiplayer.

I'd like to leave a message for Capcom: please, reboot the franchise to be a survival horror only. There's no need to turn it into a shooter. You have a fanbase that plays RE because of the experience that you offered from RE 1 to RE 4. Turning the franchise into a shooter will not bring new players that can compensate the losses of the loyal fans. Players want to be excited while playing, to be scared and feel tension to survive. If RE becomes a shooter it will be just another one in the saturated game industry.
  24. Dec 11, 2013
    When Resident Evil 6 first released back 2012, Gameplay turn from Good to Worst since became Noobish, Story was BS there was no good part, Series is even more Dead thanks to Ada Wong Voice Actor Getting Recast Same Goes for Leon Voice Actor..
    Gameplay: 2/10
    Story: 0/10
    Total: 2/10
    I was once Die Hard Fan but stop caring Since Series become crap once Resident Evil 4 Released
  25. Nov 22, 2013
    Crapcom has done it again! Releasing half-assed games and sell it for $60 because they're a dying company. Everything about this game is garbage. The story, gameplay, characters,graphics you name it.
  26. Nov 20, 2013
    En primer lugar quiero dejar claro que el titulo en realidad de Resident Evil es Biohazard, que significa peligro biologico, sobre virus y contagios, ¿acaso quereis que todos los resident evils sean de ir por un pasillo interminable buscando una llave para abrir una puerta y seguir avanzando por otro pasillo hasta que encontremos otra puerta a la cual no podemos avanzar? ¿con zombis que noEn primer lugar quiero dejar claro que el titulo en realidad de Resident Evil es Biohazard, que significa peligro biologico, sobre virus y contagios, ¿acaso quereis que todos los resident evils sean de ir por un pasillo interminable buscando una llave para abrir una puerta y seguir avanzando por otro pasillo hasta que encontremos otra puerta a la cual no podemos avanzar? ¿con zombis que no podemos matar y salir corriendo? esa epoca ha pasado a la historia, el juego avanza con nuevos retos, o ¿que esperais? ¿que capcom saque el mismo juego cada 4 años? nadie lo compraria, no digo que el 5 sea un buen juego porque no lo es, pero el Resident Evil 4 era un juegazo, lo querais ver o no y el 6 es otro juegazo, a quien le guste que lo disfrute y a quien no le guste que siga jugando en 2D recorriendo pasillos huyendo y buscando llaves. La jugabilidad es excelente, al principio te resulta dificil manejarlo pero una vez te acostumbras es una maravilla, por fin puedes esquivar, rodar por el suelo, luchar...etc La trama, de lo mejor del juego, entre ellas, la de Chris (te marcara) y la de León esta muy bien lograda aunque al final se vuelve ésta algo monótona. Los gráficos no son nada del otro mundo, pero estan muy bien, hay texturas que parecen el Resident Evil 4, pero bueno...al fin y al cabo no te fijas en eso...aun asi aqui decae bastante. El sonido es de lo mejor del juego, sobretodo en momentos puntuales de tensión y en las escenas cinematrográficas a lo Hollywood, el doblaje al Español es excelente, uno de los mejores doblajes que he visto hasta hoy dia. Innovan bastante respecto a la quinta entrega (cosa no dificil) el modo historia (que consta de cuatro) te costara pasartelo en unas 30 horas en normal. Conclusión: Resident Evil 6 posiblemente sea uno de los mejores de la saga (para mi personalmente el mejor) terror no tiene, algunos putnos crean tensión, pero no esperes un survival porque no lo es, mas bien es un shooter en tercera persona pero de acción y aventuras (tipo Uncharted) El modo historia de León mezcla survival con acción, el de Chris mezcla acción pura con shooter, el de Jake mezcla tensión y accion y por último el de Ada seria mas bien acción con puzzles, el juego es un juegazo que debes tener si o si, te encantara si te va el genero acción. Expand
  27. Nov 17, 2013
    i loved re6. i got it from play staion store for full 69.99 and it was well worth it with all dlcs. one of the most grapgical games iv played. hate when im away from the ps3, pc just dont run all these game man. i miss this re6. havent played it in about a half year, and i miss it bad.
  28. Oct 30, 2013
    ..Definitely RE series are going down .This game looks like more like a CoD game than a RE game ¡¿WHY ARE UPGRADES?! That's the most stupid new "innovation" uhhh whatever this is a another ordinary "shooter" game...DON'T SPEND YOUR MONEY IS THIS "GAME" just a honest review.
  29. Oct 2, 2013
    Alright....its understandable people want what made resident evil so bloody good back however I'm sick of people sh*tting all over this game because it is not what they want.Resident evil 6 is a great game step up from Resident evil 5, however it is not the perfect blend of survival horror and action (we can wish) but it does have a pretty good story...well story'S seeing as you playAlright....its understandable people want what made resident evil so bloody good back however I'm sick of people sh*tting all over this game because it is not what they want.Resident evil 6 is a great game step up from Resident evil 5, however it is not the perfect blend of survival horror and action (we can wish) but it does have a pretty good story...well story'S seeing as you play through 4 different campaigns (no that isnt a spoiler seeing as capcom desided to show Ada's campaign before the game was released) but yes Leon,Chris,Jake and Ada. all different and all crossover witch i thought was pretty cool. Leon's campaign feels more like a blend of resi 2,4 and 5 and that's a good thing seeing as its the best campaign.Then Chris...now his campaign actually shocked me..it was not terrible..it was actually pretty well done,even the story witch was abit weird seeing as it cut from the past to the present but you understand whats going on so it isnt confusing.Then there is Jake....people seem to hate on this one the most because you can use hand to hand combat more and because of this..people on it "how are you ment to use hand to hand combat on guys with guns"...ok seriously? first of all in Jake's campaign you seem to forget he has a bunch of gun's and weapons to use you dont have to use have to hand but there is a point in his campaign were you will have no choice..now its only a short bit but there i agree, it does get alittle frustrating but once you get used to it its actually not that bad.Finally Ada's campaign...its pretty much alot like resident evil 4 you have simple puzzles,creepy setting and awkward gameplay because resident evil 6's gameplay can be very awkward at times but capcom have sorted that (kinda) with the camera witch was pretty bad and annoying but not anymore it can still be pretty f*cking annoying but better then it was. So resident evil 6...better then 5 but one up from the worst in the series isnt good.Bring back more of the horror,more of the puzzles and you will see a change in everyone's scores capcom.However review the game as a game dont compare it to what resident evil was. Expand
  30. Sep 30, 2013
    It´s a good game, but for a numbered title of the franchise, that make part of chronology of Resident Evil, this is a worst of all.
  31. Dec 19, 2012
    I waited a long time for this game and sad to say it fell very short of expectations. the controls were clunky, the gamer angles could be really annoying, and there just wasn't enough scare factor for me. On a positive note, the game did make an attempt to improve on itself. I did like how the stories crossed each other and i was a big fan of the CO-OP campaign. It was just too easy andI waited a long time for this game and sad to say it fell very short of expectations. the controls were clunky, the gamer angles could be really annoying, and there just wasn't enough scare factor for me. On a positive note, the game did make an attempt to improve on itself. I did like how the stories crossed each other and i was a big fan of the CO-OP campaign. It was just too easy and drawn out. I played it through with a friend and beat the entire game in less than 3 days. As a fan of RE series, I will always play the games, but was hoping for more. I think Capcom needs to reboot this series and give its audience more credit. I felt like I was playing a COD style game where the game was bigger than itself but didn't really portrait the intensity and fell as some of the previous games. I gave it a 6 because it wasn't a horrible game, but it is not on par with other games out there like Dead Space or even Uncharted (which is the feel they were going for, big scale) Collapse

1. Nov 16, 2012
    Capcom continues to thumb its nose at long time series fans. Not only have they abandoned any pretense of tension and fear, they've dredged up tired old storylines and shifted the game solidly into Gears of War territory. Let the series die!
  2. Nov 4, 2012
    It's expanded beyond any plausible scientific explanation, with what is left being a cumbersome, grotesque mish-mash of disparate elements, barely strung together and about as subtle as a hammer to the thumb.
  3. Oct 30, 2012
    Resident Evil takes another step towards the action genre, and by doing so loses even more of the atmosphere from the beginning of the series. It's an ok action game, but the lack of focus is the real problem. Probably not for fans of the first games.