5.3

1. Nov 3, 2012
    Let's start by saying this game is produced for being played at PC. Why?
    Because the cinematic controller dosn't fit PS3 or XBOX gamepad.
    And on PC it will be awesome to controll it with the mouse. (0/10) Is the story any good? connected to the series? The game itself did a really bad result by pumping tons of action in the beggining. I couldn't stand that and started to press
    Let's start by saying this game is produced for being played at PC. Why?
    Because the cinematic controller dosn't fit PS3 or XBOX gamepad.
    And on PC it will be awesome to controll it with the mouse. (0/10)

Is the story any good? connected to the series?
    I couldn't stand that and started to press select in every other video. You lost me there

(0/10) I do not care if the game has lost its horror. If u copied the control from RE5 had the game had probably received more positive criticism. One may as well not grasp everything that happens on the screen while pulling the angle 360 degrees to the left or right. It feels like you tried to do too much and missed all the little details that make a game great. In Leon's campaign there are doors you will find a key to but there is no key hole. Since the characters are too close to the screen it gets very frustrating to play. However, The game has lost the its horror but its probably not the biggest reason why the game got so low rating. The controls are the worst in the decade for a company like Capcom who should focus on making games for console.
  2. Jan 10, 2014
    Well I am not going to write a long review for this game as basically I only played it for a few hours. Picked it up cheap and decided to try it, but not for me to be honest. My gaming time is limited so I generally only pick up the very best games, I am not a person who plays every release. However I played and enjoyed many Resident Evil games on the ps1/ps2 so decided to try this. IWell I am not going to write a long review for this game as basically I only played it for a few hours. Picked it up cheap and decided to try it, but not for me to be honest. My gaming time is limited so I generally only pick up the very best games, I am not a person who plays every release. However I played and enjoyed many Resident Evil games on the ps1/ps2 so decided to try this. I obviously knew that the game had changed a lot from what it was, more action based and less of a survival horror like the old days.

Personally this game was not worth my time. Clunky controls, bad camera angles, poor graphics, terrible voice acting and storyline (it really did seem unbelievably bad). I would not buy this game back for 10p. If I was given it for free I would not play it. Games are supposed to be entertainment but this is just a frustrating and boring game. Shame as the old RE games were great. Simply not worth my time, this is not entertainment.

Overall it has to be a 0/10
  3. Nov 6, 2012
    Okay, let me start with the fact that I've played most Resident Evil Games, including RE1, 2, 3, 4, 5, Zero, Outbreak 1-2, Code Veronica-X, Operation Raccoon City and the all new Resident Evil 6. Resident Evil is the longest franchise I've played. I started playing it since I was 7 years old. In other words.. I know Resident Evil very well and I love it. Its one of my favorite franchises,Okay, let me start with the fact that I've played most Resident Evil Games, including RE1, 2, 3, 4, 5, Zero, Outbreak 1-2, Code Veronica-X, Operation Raccoon City and the all new Resident Evil 6. Resident Evil is the longest franchise I've played. I started playing it since I was 7 years old. In other words.. I know Resident Evil very well and I love it. Its one of my favorite franchises, if not my favorite. But getting to the point.. 11 years of my life, I've played every Resident Evil game that looks interesting and I've never been bored by a single game. Until I played this one..when I finished Leon's campaign I had to see the ending again because the first time I finished it I fell asleep. The game has too many unnecessary QTE's (Quick time events for those who don't know), The story line was dull and silly, Annoying slow motions, Outdated graphics, Not scary at all, Easy gameplay... etc, etc. I could point out flaws all day. It probably is one of the longest RE games ever made and it does have its cool moments but a long campaign doesn't justify boring gameplay. I just wish Capcom would pull their sh*t together and go back to the way they were. The direction they're taking with this game is not too good..and this is coming from a hardcore fan of the series. I even had more fun in Resident Evil 5 than all of the campaigns on RE6 combined and RE5 is not the best of the series in my personal opinion.. so that's just pretty sad. I wouldn't recommend this game to new comers of the series but if you're somewhat a huge fan of the series I guess you could rent it or borrow it from someone because this game is definitely not worth paying 60$. Expand
  4. Dec 4, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. este es un buen juego, pero le falta algo mas que creo que en versiones anteriores estaba presente hablo de matar y destrozar zombies a diestra y siniestra en este juego no es tan fácil hablando de juegos tipo shooters creo que se quedo corto y el modo de juego comparándolo con el resident evil 5 a mi parecer era mejor que esta ultima versión actual que con su modo de ver el personaje moverse no están buena si tiene tecnología en juego buenos gráficos y la historia que muestra es buena claro despues de tantos años jugando resident evil la historia me gusta pero el modo de juego creo que lo cambiaron no se si por los desarrodadores del juego como tal en motor de movimento pero creo que se desviaron del camino con el publico que tenian que suplir principàl mente nosotros los viejos jugadores de resident evil... claro resalto y destaco la historia es bien como plantearon la historia pero no me gusto el modo de movimiento del personaje aunque tampoco que cuando juegas sientes que vas bien hasta que sales del juego y tienes que empezar de nuevo el capitulo es frustrante ya que si lo juegas en el modo mas difícil te cuesta por que tienes que combatir contra zombies entre golpes tiros y demás tácticas que uses para avanzar en el juego aparte los gráficos creo que pudieron ser mejor y también pudieron hacer un mapa abierto tipo gta eso le abría dado una tremenda innovación al juego Expand
  5. Nov 18, 2012
    Made by zombies for zombies

p.s. if you have a brains you will not play it
  6. Nov 19, 2012
    I've been an avid fan of RE since the beginning. This is by far the worst game I have ever played. After I made it through Leon's campaign irritated at the QTE's and ridiculous rope climbing sequences, I tried Chris. It's obvious Capcom wants to go the action route,(which they suck at) but I miss the good old days of actually being scared. To all of your who are saying Leon's campaign isI've been an avid fan of RE since the beginning. This is by far the worst game I have ever played. After I made it through Leon's campaign irritated at the QTE's and ridiculous rope climbing sequences, I tried Chris. It's obvious Capcom wants to go the action route,(which they suck at) but I miss the good old days of actually being scared. To all of your who are saying Leon's campaign is scary, it doesn't even compare to the originals. I can tell you from experience the only people actually giving this game a positive review are the ones who HAVEN'T even tried the original games. Once you guys try the REmake, then play this. This is disappointing. After about an hour into the second campaign I literally was so disgusted I turned the game off and haven't touched it since. I probably won't even beat the game. Capcom ruined one of my favorite franchises with this. Till they go back to the roots, I'm done with RE. Expand
  7. Dec 3, 2012
    This series is just continuing down hill. Pathetic. Resident Evil 6 reinforces Capcom's tradition of taking a giant load on this series. I would have thought that the failure of Operation Raccoon City would have helped them to realize that.
  8. Dec 6, 2012
    This is the first and probably only review I will ever post. I feel the urge to so so for RE6 because I am angry and cheated out of an installment I was looking forward to.
    Resident Evil has been one of the greatest franchises, some episodes are spectacular (re4, re1), some a little less original, but, on the whole, each game succeeds. I bought RE6 expecting the same, but all the good stuff has been discarded for nonsensical horror action that means NOTHING. Resident Evil games were all about contrast. You spend some time haunting the dark corridors, checking your map to access rooms and find hidden goodies and then you have a nice set piece against a boss or a horde of zombies. But when it's constant frenzy **** with bad camera work and few weapons, annoying partners and repetitive situations, it sucks. Gamers do not want to be babysitted, they want to figure **** out, they love being offered different possibilities to complete a level or destroy a boss. They want to choose, to think, not to suffer a stupid tunnel game that that feels you were not even a part the adventure. RE is no sandbox, but it had a great balance of action, horror and customization.
    The reviewers here are right. They are not haters. IF YOU LIKE RE, DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. This is a botched job. Too much time and money were put on QTE, cinematics and map diversity, not enough on gameplay, plot and exploration. You can't even visit the great-looking maps, you just speed through them not knowing what matters or not. No mysteries, no characters, no tension (constant tension = no tension, you GD morons), no fun and no satisfaction. They managed to make the game as bad as the films. There was ways to go but they closed the gap with just one episode.
    I am older now, I have kids, I don't have a lot of time to play, and I always look forward to a little RE quality time. But I won't finish this game, I stopped in the middle of Chris and retard's campaign (why so many new characters if they're all so bland and idiotic-looking? Who cares?). Why waste precious time when you can get other good games or watch good films. I'll sell this game and buy something better, Far Cry 3, Assassin's Creed 3 or just a bunch of DVDs. I hope video games developers stop being obsessed with this type of gameplay and stick to what works.
    If it's not broken, don't fix it. If it works, don't change it. Improve it. Keep the game's identity.
  9. Jan 6, 2013
    Where is the horror genre had always RE in graphics I prefer Resident Evil 5 and the story is almost the same thing about a new virus that ultimately cure as ever. Lost the horror genre and gain more action, but for fans of resident evil 1,2 and 3 this game sucks
  10. Dec 19, 2012
    Oh my, where to begin with the newest installment in the Resident Evil series. Let me just say that this game makes me nervous for the future of Resident Evil games. The developers have strayed so far from the games roots, it's almost as if Resident Evil is trying to be something it's not now.

I personally do not enjoy war type shooter games, and aside from Leon's campaign, that's pretty much what this game is, an all action shooter that looks like it was made by Michael Bay. It's just TOO over the top. Resident Evil is no longer the game I knew and loved. However, the developers straying too far from what the series is meant to is far from the only problem with them game.

Let's just start with some of the game glitches now. One of the most notable is in Leon's campaign where he's in the subway and has to avoid an oncoming train. Even if you're not even close to the train, a lot of the times you'll die anyway. One time I was playing and the train had already passed me completely and a few seconds later a cutscene showed of me getting hit by the train. And it sometimes happens over, and over, and over again. Very frustrating to say the least.

Then there's the customization in this game. I thought Resident Evil 4 and 5 handled this perfectly. Why they felt the need to fix something that wasn't broken is beyond me but they just ruined it in this one. You're allowed 3, yes, only 3 customization skills for your character, even though there's a ton to choose from. Sure you can make multiple sets for your skills but having to constantly swap them out gets very annoying after a while.

Then there's the gameplay itself. What was Capcom thinking while making this game!? This game is FILLED with way too many quick time events. Now if you're a fan of quick time events, this might not bother you as much but for me, it drove me nuts. And I'm not just talking about the QTE's when an enemy grabs you. You have to do a QTE to do almost everything in this game. I honestly don't mind a few here and there in a game but in this game you were doing one every few minutes or so. I mean really, is it necessary to have to do a QTE to open doors sometimes? Then the gameplay is always being interrupted by tiny little cutscenes every so often and really takes away from the mood of the game. This is especially most notable in Leon's first chapter.

After the first play through of this game I was severely bored of it. And I usually enjoy playing through the Resident Evil games multiple times because they're usually so fun! Perhaps it's because there's really nothing special to unlock in this Resident Evil unlike the older ones where you could unlock special weapons and costumes, so there's little to no motivation to play through the game a second time. That's right, even the signature infinite rocket launcher is absent from this game, for the first time in any main Resident Evil game. And there's no alternate costumes either.

The gameplay in my opinion, was just too dull, and yes too over the top at the same time.

Now the game isn't complete trash, but it's very far from amazing too. It's better than Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City at least. I do however regret paying the full $60 for this game when it was first released. I wouldn't pay any more than $40 for this.

It's a real shame too. When I had learned that zombies were making a return in this game, I thought for sure this would be the ultimate modern day Resident Evil game but unfortunately not even the zombies return could help this game too much.

Overall, I give it a 4/10. It's just not what I would expect from one of my favorite video game series, and an AAA series at that. Better luck next time Capcom. You guys have some serious planning to do if you don't want to run this series into the ground. Take my advice Capcom, stop trying to cater to the people who feel every game should be an over the top michael bay war shooter game.
  11. Jan 30, 2013
    This game made me yawn - it lacks proper Resident Evil pacing, feel and atmosphere. It tries to be another RE4 and fails miserably in it. I didn't give a **** about anything that happened on the srceen at all. There is no shop like in 4 which I personaly loved, only some kind of idiotic upgrade system which doesn't change **** in how you play the game (I had my doubts if I installed thoseThis game made me yawn - it lacks proper Resident Evil pacing, feel and atmosphere. It tries to be another RE4 and fails miserably in it. I didn't give a **** about anything that happened on the srceen at all. There is no shop like in 4 which I personaly loved, only some kind of idiotic upgrade system which doesn't change **** in how you play the game (I had my doubts if I installed those upgrades properly and when I understood I did everything right I was confused in why don't they work). There is no big enviroment to explore, find ammo and stuff, needless to say game has NO puzzles (well, it does, but only a **** 5-year old playing this piece of crap will justify their existence, they are that simple), it is riddled with ****ty prescripted sequences and QTE's (probably because RE4 had a little bit of those, but mind you - they were unexpected and paced in a way they scared the living **** out of you whenever they occured) which add nothing to the experience when they occur every cutscene and make you be constantly aware of them and absolutely unsurprised next time they pop up.
    Now excuse me, but I need my dose of Code Veronica's awesomness.
  12. Jan 20, 2013
    This is not Resident Evil. it has no horror, no puzzles and no atmosphere.
    You want a real RE game? then go dust off your old good PSOne/PS2 and get down with RE2 and RE3, or even better play REmake on Gamecube or Wii.
  13. Feb 12, 2013
    Personally I thought the game was whack. This is just one of those games that doesn't need enemies with assault rifles. Playing the part of chris was lame and playing the park of jake was whack too. The only decent part was leon. But even then the story is nothing special
  14. Mar 7, 2013
    Ill skip over a lot of what's been said and try to keep this short and concise.

Ill skip over a lot of what's been said and try to keep this short and concise.

I truly felt this game was an utterly pointless sequel to a franchise that has been going steadily downhill for years now. It adds nothing new, nothing interesting or fresh to the series at all. It is basically just resident evil 5 all over again, only it somehow feels more stale, less interesting and less like resident evil. Its action based over scare based. They removed over the years any sense of terror or suspense instead going with the modern day version of horror being loud noises and stuff jumping out like it's a carnival spook house.

The game literally feels like a 3rd person version of house of the dead where you basically move from linear corridor to linear corridor where monsters popup and you shoot them, that's it. A lot of times you'll stand there and there is obviously nothing at all in front of you, then lighting flashes and suddenly there is a zombie there. You're walking along and they slide out of dir ducts, popup out of the ground or a body just laying there leaps out at you when you get close. And the worst part about that is its all so predictable, you can see everything long before it happens.

The story (I won't go into details and spoil anything) is horribly bad and needless. It feels so forced that it's just plain awful. It's an obvious poorly conceived notion put in place just to make another sequel and nothing else. It has no originality, nothing that actually adds to the resident evil mythos, nothing is explained that needs to be explained. And the characters are either ones from previous games used purely because they are recognizable or new ones added that haven't the slightest shred of originality to them or intrigue and are basically just cookie cutter characters that are very two dimensional. Everything also happens so fast and with no logical or even reasonable reason I can't get into it. Oh no I'm trapped, wait this stranger says a bus is coming to save us, and look here it is, now were driving down the road and crash. That's essentially how the entire game goes along. It's like each section and each scene in the game are broken up with no fluidity between them. If you ever heard an 11 year old kid try to tell you about something that happened to him when he is all excited that's what resident evil 6's story is like.

The quick time events are back and worse than ever. You are constantly waggling a stick, button mashing, pushing button combos or whatever for no reason at all. Even something as stupid as during a cut scene you're getting away in a car and during the scene you have to push a button to make the car move. You don't steer, you don't drive, you don't do anything because you're not controlling anything but it still makes you push a button, just one button just so the cut scene will continue.

The combat is awful. It's basically just like gears of war, only with less polish and it's harder to use because it's so clunky. You're body takes up too much of the screen, especially when backed against a wall. The shooting feels stiff. Trying to hit something that is close but not directly in front of you is a pain. Just all in all the combat is horrible and I don't know how many times I died simply because moving around and shooting were so sluggish and poorly designed.

I can't recommend this game at more than 10 dollars and even then I'd just say "if you played resident evil 4 and 5 then you played this already". I paid 20 and I feel like I wasted my time and money on it.
  15. Feb 13, 2013
    Where does one begin? Sadly, it seems the horror filled series we loved so long ago has finally crashed and burned. From monotonous gameplay, to over the top action not expected or really wanted in an RE game, a Capcom favorite has officially gone down the tube.
  16. Feb 19, 2013
    I used to think Resident Evil 5 was the worst resident evil game out there until I played Resident Evil 6, it seems Capcom likes to use the same material with a little drop of melodrama and over-used catchphrases again and again, Resident Evil 6 hits a serious roadblock when it comes to staying with the story and instead has more plot holes than any other game I have played in my life, II used to think Resident Evil 5 was the worst resident evil game out there until I played Resident Evil 6, it seems Capcom likes to use the same material with a little drop of melodrama and over-used catchphrases again and again, Resident Evil 6 hits a serious roadblock when it comes to staying with the story and instead has more plot holes than any other game I have played in my life, I was glad that I was able to return it for its full price when I did, unfortunately I can't return my wasted time playing it Collapse
  17. Mar 22, 2013
    Just simply horrible game. There's long time I haven't felt so disgusted with a game. I am in love with the series, RE4 and RE5 had a pass, they still had those small scary moments (Specially the Regenerators in RE4) but now... it's a GENERIC action game.... For this I play other kind of games. And the story isn't good enough. It's sad to see how big franchises always get destroyed byJust simply horrible game. There's long time I haven't felt so disgusted with a game. I am in love with the series, RE4 and RE5 had a pass, they still had those small scary moments (Specially the Regenerators in RE4) but now... it's a GENERIC action game.... For this I play other kind of games. And the story isn't good enough. It's sad to see how big franchises always get destroyed by their sequels. I'm sorry Capcom, you shouldn't not destroy Resident Evil Series..... Expand
  18. Mar 25, 2013
    This game simply doesn't work. It looks pretty good sounds pretty good and plays atrociously. It would seem that the development team of this game weren't working towards the same goals here. One side opted for survival horror elements, the other went for a more action packed approach. The result of this is a clunky action game that leaves much to be desired.
  19. May 1, 2013
    Sorry, but this game is one of regret-to-buy.
    My opinion it is awful.
    Menu instead of to be "load game" is: - press start - start game - choose campaign - choose PSN settings - finally start game. It is one of stupiest menus I've ever seen. Just to start the game I MUST everytime choose that I want to play offlline (otherwise i'll not be able to PAUSE the GAME!!) Game
    Sorry, but this game is one of regret-to-buy.
    My opinion it is awful.

Menu instead of to be "load game" is:

- press start
    - start game
    - choose campaign
    - choose PSN settings
    - finally start game.

It is one of stupiest menus I've ever seen.

Game itself:

- pretty beautiful but it is too much. True this that you always out of ammo or recovery items. Each time you see something big you have nothing to fight. You need to try it with your bare hands almost.

- Camera is pretty stupid, i just looked back there were nobody there, turn around and again i'm atacked out of nowhere.

CAPCOM made BAD game this time
  20. Apr 21, 2013
    what ever happened to just a simple zombie storyline not all this virus monster crap I rented this game thank goodness the combat is what you expect from RE but the story is so confusing I wanted to like this game but it was crap
  21. Apr 15, 2013
    How about we take what was good about Resident Evil and turn it into crap. That is exactly what Capcom has done with it. This game is just a big mess. They tried to do everything right by trying to make everyone happy with the different genres but in the end they failed. I'm all for change, but I'm sorry but Resident Evil is not an action game,a nd even if it was I would still give thisHow about we take what was good about Resident Evil and turn it into crap. That is exactly what Capcom has done with it. This game is just a big mess. They tried to do everything right by trying to make everyone happy with the different genres but in the end they failed. I'm all for change, but I'm sorry but Resident Evil is not an action game,a nd even if it was I would still give this game a bad review because it SUCKS even as an action game. There's parts in this game where you will be running or swimming from something and your character doesn't even move off the spot that they are in. The camera angles in some points in this game are terrible. Zombies have guns. I know a lot of people that say this game sucks get a lot of flack, but holy hell this game is not scary at all, My Little Pony is more scary that this. Even Leons part wasn#t that scary and a lot of you will think that this game doesn#t need to be scary, but in all honesty, they built this series on a horror, then those crappy Resident Evil movies came out and then all of a sudden they started changing the formula for the games. The only thing good about this game is how funny it is. There are 4 stories and the game is BIG, it might be a BIG game but I wanted the game to be over after 1 hour. I kept playing the game, hoping that it would get better, then I finished Adas part and I regretted it badly. The cover system is horrible aswell, why is it so hard to get into cover? Yes of course when you have it down packed it is easier after awhile but in an ACTION game it shouldn#t be as hard as it was. They tried to copy Gears of War and they failed,where as Gears of War cover system is one of the best I have ever seen. It seems as if a lot of games want to be CoD, but not only does this game want to be CoD it also wants to be Gears, even though Call of Duty sucks (IMO) it#s still a better experience than this game was.....Thankfully, Capcom has stated that they will be returning to survival horror for the next game. Expand
  22. May 1, 2013
    Utter garbage. The survival horror and puzzle solving of the earlier games has been eschewed in favour of repetitive run and shoot with never enough ammo and a camera system with a mind of its own especially in close quarter combat. Riddled with as many bugs and glitches as the demo, the autosave is also hit and miss, at least it is on my PS3. Twice I've played through half a campaign,Utter garbage. The survival horror and puzzle solving of the earlier games has been eschewed in favour of repetitive run and shoot with never enough ammo and a camera system with a mind of its own especially in close quarter combat. Riddled with as many bugs and glitches as the demo, the autosave is also hit and miss, at least it is on my PS3. Twice I've played through half a campaign, quit for the night (checking that 'save in progress' has come up before I switch off), only to fire up the game a couple of nights later and find all my previous progress is gone.

I'd be bemoaning the fact that I've flushed £40 down the toilet if I didn't know I can trade it in for Medal Of Honour in 2 weeks! Seriously, if you must play it to complete the series, wait for pre-owned. There'll be hundreds of them around Christmas time for a tenner!
  23. Apr 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is the cancer of this generation. WHERE DO I BEGIN?? I am blantently pissed at the fact that I cannot enjoy this game whatsoever. The gameplay makes no sense, the button tapping was too enforced. The characters we once know and loved are thrown into a mess of piss poor writing and sequence events. the only good thing to look farward to were the unlimited ammo unlocks so I could chug endless amounts of bullets for hours at what seem like rehashed obligatory creatures. AGENT HUNT MODE, why does this get me so pissed off???? why did I beat the game just to get rewarded with a mode that blatantly slaps me right in the face? choose a level and you are thrown into a random level where you become a miniscule creature whos goal is to kill survivors. but they aren't the survivors, no! the other players are overpowered, blowing you down with unlimited grenade launchers, AK-47, grenades, mines, ect ect ect ect ect ect ect. There is virtually no fun in agent hunt. I heard you were able to used a pea shooter but I never found the level. the only thing they did right (maybe) was the mercenaries. but no, no that does not raise my score, not even but a significant amount. the makers of RE6 knew they up, they are working on a new game THAT IS NOT LISCENCED BY Thank you game, get the out of my life. Expand
  24. May 1, 2013
    Ever since re1 on the playstation 1 I have loved the resident evil series. Not only because I am a fan of zombies and survival horror, but I liked the puzzles. Even though the were not the hardest.

Throughout the series I have enjoyed every game. From the originals and remakes to the side games like dead aim, appreciating them for what they are. But this one, I just don't enjoy...

The camera spins around so much it actually hurts my eyes at times, the health system is just long winded and pointless, but what I hate the most is the new "just run in a straight line and shoot things" approach. It just seems like the developers got lazy. Where are the puzzles? The exploring of areas? Even going back to revisit areas because of a new key or item. Instead it's now just a boring, repetitive action game, with tedious quick time events and bad camera angles.

I looked forward to every single resident evil release, right from re2. I'm wondering now if I will look forward to the next one? Maybe il just give it a miss.
  25. May 17, 2013
    O pior jogo da série ,perdeu o gênero de survival horror ficou muito ruim a camera e os personagens como Leon que parece com Dante do Devil May Cry .Tá na hora da Capcom fazer um Reboot do jogo, Deixa-lo bem do estilo survival Horror.
  26. May 25, 2013
    What the was Capcom thinking when they made this? There's absolutely nothing scary here, just action! The aiming is GOD AWFUL, the ally A.i. is stupid and never seem to stop unnecessary QTE's that are almost impossible to do right, unless you have superhuman speed, and the whole "separate campaigns" is just plain dumb. Save your money for something else! Do NOT buy RE6 at all!
  27. May 28, 2013
    I loved this game! The mix of action, adventure, and mystery was so well thought-out! I've beaten the game and gone back for more at the harder levels (which I rarely do!) I'd recommend this game to anyone looking for a perfect mix of gameplay! And the move and shoot aspect, Wahoo!!!
  28. Sep 6, 2013
    The worst game ever made, the critics must be useless. the gameplay is linear, the puzzles are ridiculously dumb, the overall game play is so horrid its almost painful, the lighting is non adaptive and utter crud. The second player is so just added in he cant even open doors, the boss entrance vids end after the boss has already hit you (they allow the boss free movement while your inThe worst game ever made, the critics must be useless. the gameplay is linear, the puzzles are ridiculously dumb, the overall game play is so horrid its almost painful, the lighting is non adaptive and utter crud. The second player is so just added in he cant even open doors, the boss entrance vids end after the boss has already hit you (they allow the boss free movement while your in video sequences). The fact anyone gave it a ten means the world of gaming has died, RIP world of gaming, its been fun. PS. i played the Ada campaign. couldn't bear to try the others... its so bad. Expand
  29. Jul 11, 2013
    Tedious

This game is very hard to play. I still count the original resident evils as some of my favourite games ever, I even enjoyed resi 5. I'd read the mostly damning reviews of this game but thought I'd give it a go for the love. The worst thing about this game is that it's incredibly boring. There is a QuickTime event/cut scene for everything, you walk along each section
    Tedious

This game is very hard to play.

The worst thing about this game is that it's incredibly boring.

There is a QuickTime event/cut scene for everything, you walk along each section for ages, each shoot out takes ages, everything about this game is looooong.

Where as the pre resi 4 games could be completed in a couple of hours, the campaigns in this game take about 8, and there's four of them.

You definitely get a lot for your money but unfortunately most of it is crap.

Add to that dodgy controls and frustrating cheap deaths.

There have been other games with similar dodgy controls and overuse of cutscenes, eg max Payne 3, but at least that had a cool story/script. Resi 6 is just overlong and convoluted.

On top of all this game is not scary either, it's just kind of annoying.

I did not enjoy playing it at all which is genuinely heartbreaking considering my love for the old games.

If you consider yourself a resi fan don't bother with this, the franchise died a long time ago.
  30. Jul 3, 2013
    Resident Evil 6 has always been more of a test of patience than a challenge. There is no doubt that at one point the player will wish to come to end of its lengthy and uninteresting campaigns. Of all the campaigns, only Leon/Helena's and Ada's are the only ones that bear some modicum of true survival horror. Coupled with plenty of horrible dialogue, excessive amounts of quick-time events,Resident Evil 6 has always been more of a test of patience than a challenge. There is no doubt that at one point the player will wish to come to end of its lengthy and uninteresting campaigns. Of all the campaigns, only Leon/Helena's and Ada's are the only ones that bear some modicum of true survival horror. Coupled with plenty of horrible dialogue, excessive amounts of quick-time events, and the addition of several new, flat characters, RE6 is definitely a disappointment and a scar on the face of Resident Evil's main series games. Expand
  31. Sep 19, 2013
    Une immondicité video ludique. Je n'éprouve même pas l’envie de me justifier je pence que tout a été dit dans ses autre commentaire. 0/10 sens aucun hésitation.
  32. Oct 30, 2013
    ..Definitely RE series are going down .This game looks like more like a CoD game than a RE game ¡¿WHY ARE UPGRADES?! That's the most stupid new "innovation" uhhh whatever this is a another ordinary "shooter" game...DON'T SPEND YOUR MONEY IS THIS "GAME" just a honest review.
  33. Mar 4, 2014
    Resident Evil 6 is a game that requires an extensive autopsy to make sense of. It had some positive introductions but largely suffered most from easily avoidable production oversights.

The good: Resident Evil 6 starts by establishing its tone very well. We may not know Helena well in the tutorial but we feel the graveness of the situation immediately. It does feel like it has promise. The graphics and character captures are brilliantly done once again. The voice acting as well is some of the industry's best delivering somewhat less impressive lines.
    The concept of interwoven stories is exciting and had much opportunity for a completed picture of the grand scale events. And there is much in terms of gameplay time. Between the three modes and the mercenaries bonus material, there is much time that can be sunk into the endeavor granted the player has patience to suffer through the flaws.
    Solid drama in the Chris ending.
    Interesting environmental designs and aesthetic.
    Enemy design was mostly good with the occasionally tiring appearance of gun toting enemies. Boss fights included, though the resilience of certain characters is cartoonish.

The negatives: The plot is entirely incoherent, beyond plausible and even in violation of established canon in some parts. Poor design choices that should have been realized in production were left in the game for quantity rather than quality.
    Examples of this are quick time button sequences that are not clear.
    Constant poorly implemented vehicle sections.
    Chase sequences with fickle or erratic camera work.
    Occasions where an environmental factor was highlights without enemy movement paused leading to deaths beyond the players control.
    Co-op lag issues in online play and extensive disconnects early into release in sections like the Snake battle.
    Checkpoints that are unreasonably spread out making S ranks more of a time consuming chore than a challenge, especially on higher difficulty modes like "No Hope".
    Mercenaries becomes routine and predictable with rinse repeat combat and counter spamming. Even breaking 1.2 million points fails to feel rewarding as a result.
    Cash grab alternative multiplayer modes essentially amount to trophy purchasing (48% of all trophies are DLC, an almost unheard of amount).
    Constant interruptive sequences break game pacing and seem to be ashamed of the main combat.
    Inventory is slow and clunky compared to Re5 which had simple quick switching and tactical reloading for mastery. Exploiting the switch mechanic is game breaking in providing perfect aim at huge distances and no recoil shots especially in Mercenaries.
    A complete failing in any understanding of how PTSD works and amnesia/body double/cloning cliches to move plot. Characters act in ways they shouldn't with their established history. Arbitrary skills introduced to justify sequences (Piers the expert driver).
    Weapon upgrading and shop system dumbed down to extremes with the skill system replacement.

Overall, the game is serviceable but not in any way enjoyable. It 'mostly' functions the way it should have but lacks polish and even more so fails in some ways that should have been obvious in quality assurance. A big production with a little cohesiveness. A cleaner, tighter, smarter followup is what the franchise desperately needs at this point.
  34. Dec 11, 2013
    When Resident Evil 6 first released back 2012, Gameplay turn from Good to Worst since became Noobish, Story was BS there was no good part, Series is even more Dead thanks to Ada Wong Voice Actor Getting Recast Same Goes for Leon Voice Actor..
    Gameplay: 2/10
    Story: 0/10
    Total: 2/10
    I was once Die Hard Fan but stop caring Since Series become crap once Resident Evil 4 Released
  35. Jan 3, 2014
    What caveman creates an FPS game in this century and doesn't allow you to change the button layout? The R1 and L1 buttons are horrible as trigger buttons, only a sadist would take a game like this and force a binary set of options for all controls.

This is idiocy.
  36. Feb 9, 2014
    (Old school Resident Evil fan)

This again is another poor action game by Capcom using the Resident Evil name as the main selling point. Resident "Hollywood" Evil doesn't know whether it's coming or going anymore and this game is proof. Ok graphics boring story terrible enemies Capcom has really lost the plot. Quick time events plague the game as do waves of enemies who are just
    (Old school Resident Evil fan)

Ok graphics boring story terrible enemies Capcom has really lost the plot.
    Quick time events plague the game as do waves of enemies who are just bullet sponges.
    This game will be in the bargain bin now anyway so it won't hurt your wallet too much but I still wouldn't waste my time on this game unless your a hardcore Resident Evil fan like myself.
  37. Mar 6, 2014
    It's awful done. Still here, crap. Look sadly Capcom a k a crapcom ditched survival horror completely. Instead it's an action failure. Zombies are .... not even zombies just people with zombie looks and the rest are B.O.Ws that are easy to kill, oh and mercenaries that are dumb and easy. 4 campaigns both short and boring. Yes 4 there's a bonus campaign. Just don't buy it please don't buy it.
  38. Feb 16, 2014
    The finishing touch , the conclusion to a previously epic series... Thank you Capcom for destroying everything!! I honestly feel stupid for even giving this a 1/10 but I refuse to give it any higher than that... played for 30 mins... and I had to turn off my PS3.

Everything about this game is horrible! If you liked this game, you either never had a PS1 or you never played the game when you DID have one until RE1,2 became obsolete!

This game feels like Gears of War mixed with Deadspace mixed with ...well dog crap!

Only an ignorant person would be enchanted by its BIG BANG effects and its Whirlpool of Super cool bad ass invincible Leon Kennedy strutting around like a Mega God who is Furious! "Hey babe...im not gonna let this happen! I'll kick their asses, don't worry" (that's literally what his attitude lol... how can you take this game seriously as a survival horror??).

lol, helicopters flying everywhere, man swinging on a rope and double-kicking zombies while shooting a machine gun and landing with a ninja roll and finishing with a pause saying "That's how it's done" man....

This would ALL be fine if they gave this game ANOTHER name and didn't spit on their TRUE FANS.

I would've bought this series every title for the rest of my life. That's how loyal your "niche" fans are. I can't believe you disrespected us by releasing that statement about us being "too mature" to play your RE games... What a disgrace.

Shinji Mikami, the originator of the series left after RE4 which is how this game turned out for the YOLO generation.

Go pick up Evil Within when it comes out. If you have any self-respect and want Survival Horror with a game made FOR LOVE and not ONLY for money.
  39. Jun 4, 2014
    Well, i am sad because the Resident evil franchise come to this, this embarasing title, the worst resident evil game ever made like operation racoon city, the franchise is coming to an end. I really miss the old days, when resident evil means "horror".
    This garbage looks like a call of duty game with zombies. ugly and repetitive as hell. This is worst than downpour, because downpour at least preserves some horror. But this one is incredible bad, the Leon campaign is the only one that tries to recreate the true "horror" but it fails.
    Stay away from this game and pray for Mikami, hope he have made a good job with Evil Within, but i don't know, the real survival horror is dead.
  40. Mar 31, 2014
    You do not want to be friends with anyone that gives this giant flop of a game anything above a 5. I say so again, do not get close to anyone who thinks this game is good. They might actually like it, but they like sh** then. Because that is what this game is, sh**. Stepping on Goombas in the old NES Mario games is funner and more thrilling than any retarded boring enemy youll find in RE6.You do not want to be friends with anyone that gives this giant flop of a game anything above a 5. I say so again, do not get close to anyone who thinks this game is good. They might actually like it, but they like sh** then. Because that is what this game is, sh**. Stepping on Goombas in the old NES Mario games is funner and more thrilling than any retarded boring enemy youll find in RE6. There is absolutely no scares, but ofcourse even the fanboys know this. This game is beyond scripted, think youll get caught by the giant monster(forgot his name) that chases you? Hahahahahaha, hahahahah, LOL, ROFL, it will never happen. It is just a tease, a tease that happens quite a lot. Lame plot, incredibly lame main villain. More QTE's than enemies. Leon is now a little bitc**, nothing like the awesome-O he was in RE4. Mercenaries is ****** easy now. I tried to like it, but this game sucks really really bad. Oh yeah and the enemy AI? There is none! Expand
  41. Aug 7, 2014
    HELLOY HELLOY THIS IS ADEPT.
    This game worst ever, best game for maslyat. Dont play it. Sonyblyadi huynu nakoldovali.
    CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY
  42. Oct 15, 2014
    im a huge RE fan and RE4 is my fav game all the time i played RE6 for more than 60 hours and i platinumed RE6 i bought it in the hope of having a real survivor horror exp in leon campaign and it was good but in overall RE6 lost it identity greedy capcom trying to please everyone reaosn why i call it greedy as a survival/horror game it deserves 4/10 and as an action game 7/10
  43. Feb 19, 2013

1. Nov 16, 2012
    Capcom continues to thumb its nose at long time series fans. Not only have they abandoned any pretense of tension and fear, they've dredged up tired old storylines and shifted the game solidly into Gears of War territory. Let the series die!
  2. Nov 4, 2012
    It's expanded beyond any plausible scientific explanation, with what is left being a cumbersome, grotesque mish-mash of disparate elements, barely strung together and about as subtle as a hammer to the thumb.
  3. Oct 30, 2012
    Resident Evil takes another step towards the action genre, and by doing so loses even more of the atmosphere from the beginning of the series. It's an ok action game, but the lack of focus is the real problem. Probably not for fans of the first games.