5.3

1. Oct 20, 2012
    As a long time RE fan since the very first game this game is kind of a let down. RE has always been a Survivor Horror game and now its more of a hybrid of Gears of War , Call of Duty , and Dragon's Lair with the survivior horror element just stripped right out of it. well out side of Leon's campaign which is some what of a survivor horror game but is so wrecked in Quik time event that will have you wrecking your controller on some parts that are just rediculas like ripping the hell out of your analog stick back and forth . It is the longest of the campaign's aroud 10 hours . Leon has a new Parner Helana who is voice acted well but why not just bring back Clair Redfeild instead? I much rather have had her partnered with Leon .Also had no issue with ever running low on ammo which is odd trying to be survivor horror The over all story was pretty dull and the boss although very cool looking (when transformed) any thing leading up to why i gave a crap about going after him just felt pointless. the story was just a wash and was more a Micheal Bay lets just Blow crap up every second we can for no good reason just because. Thn we come to chris who after RE5 loks like he is having serous Roid Rage issues after all the steroids he must have took to get that pumped up and is just a angry prick with no real personality it seems and his team he so cares about you are given zero info about to even feel his plight about when he goes on his Roid Raged Rampage for revenge. He has some guy named Pier who honostly who gives a crap about this Guy? They should have had Jill partner up with Chris .. maybe he wouldn't have been such a Roid Raged Prick. His campaign is all guns a blazing just shoot , shoot and shoot some more which is real funny considering unlike Leons campaign YOU ALWAYS RUN OUT OF AMMO!!! i swear you will always be out or near bone dry and when you need more all you will find are thoose damn Skill points. I found ths one to be the worst of the campaigns and really didn't enjoy it at all. Then we have Jake and Sherry Who are both actaully intresting characters its great seeing Sherry again after all theese years and jake is actaully kind of a cool new intresting Character to the RE universe . Unfortunitly not near enough time is spent giving us more info on them . I really would have liked to known more about Jake with him being the son of Wesker and all. His campaign s the shortest of the 3 and its to bad you are wasting your time killing these things called J'avo (new lame enemy) instead f zombies like in the Leon campaign. Then when you beat them all you unlock the Ada mission which she plays a very central role in all of this . all the storys intertwine with each other which is pretty cool and the game is very very long and as a Action game its not that bad outside for the GOD AWFUL QTE I mean serously why in the hell is QTE still in games? and now capcom is just abusing the hell out of it in RE6. i mean when have you ever Heard any one say " and i loved all that QTE it was so much fun". The game is jammed packed with stuff and there is Co-op play but here is ultimtly the BIGGEST problem . i went out to buy a Resident Evil Game and what i got doesnt feel like a Resident Evil game .I regret buying this game and wish i waited till it was cheaper . As a Action game its ok as a Resident Evil game it sucks. Expand
  2. Oct 3, 2012
    Biggest Trolled game in history! I'm disappointed in this game because its nothing like the originals. On that note, I've been disappointed for the last couple releases. But other than that, this game has great visuals, its a lot more fun to play than the demo was, the camera is a pain in the ass sometimes and the overall feel of the game seems more like a zombie action game than survival horror. The game on its on is pretty good, but as a series, it's dying out for me. Expand
  3. Nov 11, 2012
    I personally cant understand why this game has been getting such bad reviews i have now finished all the campaigns and I thoroughly enjoyed it sure its not perfect but it has more good things to say about it then bad. it has alot of teamwork dynamic and satisfying storyline and i also found how they brought so many main characters from past games into one story very exciting it made me even more determined to finish all the campaigns Expand
  4. Mar 13, 2013
    I have played every single resident evil game released to date, go to see this beloved franchise change, revamp it self and spin in itself for many years. With RE5 I was a bit sad where the franchise was going, specially how RE4 really shined as probably the best RE game after RE2, with RE6 I believe it redeemed itself, I absolutely am loving the game. I tried to stay away from it agaisnt my own instinct after the really bad rap and negative reviews and decided to get it when it got cheaper and my god do I regret not playing it sooner. It's a whole package of horror and action and cinematic experience, bit rough around the edges since it tried to be a lot of things at once but still an amazing experience.

The internet can be a unfair place sometimes (no sherlock), and this is another example where the internet just came down on it way too hard. Playing through the game it makes me wonder if I played the same game as all these haters! RE6 has 4 separate campaigns, each of them play and feel very diferent from the previous, and they're really long too, averaging 8 to 10 hours of gameplay. After finishing Leon's campain it felt that was that, the game was over cos it really felt very wholesome, playing through Chris amazed me even further with the really interesting character and more action packed levels. Jake and Ada campaings are equally as awesome and interesting. Cutscenes are a bit over the top and QTE very annoying but that's been the mark on RE since RE4.

One thing I miss from the previous resident evil games (4rd and before) is the RPG elements, I really miss updating my weapons, managing my inventory, sloting the weapons carefully so I can fit one more herb in there, selling my gems to finally update my glock to perfect aim, etc. There's none of that in here and it really is a big shame, it's a lot more streamlined experience and i firmly believe if it had that, it would have been the almost perfect game for me.

All in all, a really fantastic game, if you're a fan of the series, ignore the hate and just have fun for crying out loud, people nowadays are way too spoiled and cannot appreciate anything.
  5. Oct 8, 2012
    I laugh at these scores, it's not like this is the 1st RE that went action route. It seems like most of the population went full retard.

Let me tell u all this, some of us might find the game scary, some of my friends do (true story) especially to Leon's campaign.

Last but not least, if you are buying a game from reviews, save it. I play the game because i love the franchise, the
    chacs and the settings and the ability to play co-op with friends just like RE5.

Plz don't be so ignorant and say 'RE5 or RE4 is a better game" because it's not in a long shot. They are most or less the same, BUT, the main signature about RE6 is the content it is offering.
  6. Oct 3, 2012
    I'm a RE-fan and don't mind the action packed RE5, I really like it. But this **** is horrible!! And I even played has Leon. The graphics where bad, I couldn't see anything, bad texture.
  7. Oct 3, 2012
    While I did have fun playing this game in co-op, it often felt like a capcom just took every single idea the development team had and stuck them in regardless of what they were. The result is a messy, uncertain, oddly paced action adventure shooter that doesn't quite give players any time to breathe. I love mercenaries mode though, and I liked the story. Agent hunt can burn in hell.
  8. Dec 15, 2012
    Sorry I love RE and this was horrible. Bad controls bad character interactions. Playing as the bad guys sucked so hard. Seriuosly give it a miss this game is on par with REORC. Could have been great but is just horrible.
  9. Oct 7, 2012
    Worst Resident Evil ever made. Steals ideas from Gears of War, God of War and other games and mashes them up into a crappy salad.

Here are the points in frustration and utter tripe:

- Enemies swerve on purpose like the AI detects that your aiming so everything swerves and even heads bob side to side so you purposely can't aim. Aiming is bad anyway and this makes it 10 times worse.
    Sometimes enemies disappear if your online.

- Melee is garbage. Half the time you roundhouse kick into empty air and the monsters get you triggering a QTE.

- Your partner is no help whatsoever.

- QTE and waggle-fests for no apparent purpose. Lets just put these frustrating mini-games in there because so many other games have them. Time and time again something will blow up or jump at you and your randomly mashing buttons and losing health with not enough health items in the game.

- No ammo. No health. Get killed by a boss and select continue? Try again with nothing in your backpack because you used it up last time. If I can't beat a boss WITH my inventory how can I beat the boss WITHOUT it????

- Its a chore to kill anything. Half the time your just thinking to yourself....come on and die already, let me just move on!

- Did I mention you run out of ammo a lot? Well your inventory screen is just as bad. In an online game it does NOT pause while your looking at your equipment which leads to the below bullet point.

- You cannot use health without combining it in your inventory first...... and then closing out of your inventory...... and then......hitting R2+Square to put it in your pill case.....and then........you can use it by hitting R2. WHY???? Whats the purpose of that? Especially if you cant pause the game while your in your inventory screen???!!!

- Way too many QTE mini games...I think also I mentioned that already. This can stop the game for some people without any hope of finishing the game. Luckily they put in amateur mode that does some QTE for you but not all of it!
    Example: In one section I was climbing a rope like a rhythm game...R1....R2....R1...R2 and if you mess up you fall and start again. R1...R2...R1...R2....
    Then they throw in a monster that's climbing after you and if he swipes at you you need to stop and hit a random button combo otherwise fall and start over again.......if you make the combo and then resume the rhythm game but messTHAT up you fall and start over again. I was stuck on this for 20 minutes. It's insanity.

Capcom is trying to make Resident Evil something it's not and they are failing at it in a huge way.
  10. Oct 27, 2012
    I played through RE6 after reading a lot of the negative comments. With the way people talked about this game I expected it to be on the same level of terrible like games such as Damnation and/or Jurassic The Hunted. For a Resident Evil - aside from Leon's campaign, it's very mediocre. As a shooter it's also mediocre. The only real problem I had with this game was the numerous driving scenes, I will go back to this later as it deserves to be talked about thoroughly. Removing the merchant completely was a stupid idea. I actually liked being able to purchase and use different weapons in RE4 & RE5 as opposed to how it's set up now where, ok you get these weapons you get in this campaign and this is what you have to use. You really have no options and not every character gets a certain kind of weapon. I think Ada and Chris didn't get a magnum or something. The little perk system Capcom added was kind of pointless in a way but it did give you something to do with the removal of the shop menu. Just not as interesting to me. There are positives you can find in this game. The story is ok. Graphics are nice and I haven't seen any frame rate drops but occasionally you will see areas that just seem way too dark even if you have the brightness settings up all the way in the game - to combat this I had to change settings on my TV. I played through the three main campaigns via cooperatively and actually had fun. I can imagine this game might be a little boring playing solo. Cover system is pointless. Not once did I find myself ever having to go into cover even playing on Professional. It was just a way to make the RE series more like games like Uncharted or Gears of War but they failed miserably. As for the driving. Well it's bad. Real bad. I wasn't expecting a Gran Turismo or Forza but holy hell. You do it so much that it warrants being mentioned. Snow mobile scene for one why was it still over the shoulder? It threw me off completely because of how stupid it looked. As to trying to make an avalanche dramatic Capcom decided to make ground rise up for some reason - I did not know this was possible. It was ridiculous, dumb and downright pointless. Chris & Piers driving scene is the worst. The turret on the gun does not even damage any other enemy cars unless you are right next to them. Trying to keep up is difficult because the driving is so bad. This should not have been included into the game. Oh and Chris magically learning how to fly a jet? Get real Capcom. Don't go into this game expecting something epic, you'll be highly disappointed. Play RE6 expecting you may be disappointed and you should be fine. Expand
  11. May 8, 2013
    I'm thoroughly disappointed. I've played every Resident Evil and this is the first that automatically takes away your health with scripted sequences, leaving you with almost zero health by the end of the level even if you've played perfectly. There's an in-game quick-time event every 10 seconds it seems, and if you don't do it correctly you lose anywhere from 2 to 3 bars of health. On several occasions I've been hit with scripted sequences that left me no room to maneuver or avoid, automatically killing me each and every time. If the main character is simply standing in the wrong spot at the wrong time, they die and there is not recourse other than continuing from a checkpoint. During quick-time events, the buttons flash on screen in an almost seizure- inducing manner, thereby not allowing you to clearly see the buttons that need to be pressed. The train sequence in the sewers comes to mind, as I couldn't even read which buttons to press because it was a dark map and the button notifications flashing on the screen made it almost impossible to interpret what the game was asking me to do. The plot is absolutely atrocious, there is no back-story and you are left wondering throughout. The introduction level has absolutely nothing to do with introducing the player to the game, it is instead a flashy sequence of scripted events that appear to occur later in the game. The camera angle is atrocious at times, leaving the player without enough field of view to effectively analyze the situation. Scripted sequences make this worse by snapping the players view to the event automatically, leaving the player disoriented. I give this game a 3 out of 10 for poor camera angle, an atrocious plot, ridiculous quick-time events and overall lack of in-sight as to what the gamers want in a game. Expand
  12. Jan 18, 2013
    First of all.....To people that say that Capcom moved to a new direction with RE4, you are ignorant and you should do your research before saying nonsense and looking like a fool.
    The first RE that was like this (with the solder camera/3rd person shooter) was "Resident Evil: Dead Aim" and it was released back in 2003.....yeah 10 years ago....
    Now about RE6...
    In general it's a great
    game, long game, great graphics, great story, great cut scenes, weapons, secrets, a lot of things to do and to complete,mini games, you drive various vehicles.....fun-fun-fun there is no doubt about that, and IT IS well made. Every single detail from the menu screen/UI to the music everything is well made.
    BUT
  13. Oct 2, 2012
    First of all, this game is gigantic, I am 10 hours in and haven´t even finished 30% of it. It has very fun gameplay and horror in it, and also, it looks amazing. So, any review that gives it an 1.0 as a score is just a cruel joke on Capcom.

I have played the three campaings and I can say this game is any HORROR MOVIE fan wet dream, on Leon history you have all your horror scares
    and tension, while on Chris history you have horror action nonstop, really fun gameplay that will make your blood boil.

The game is beautiful, the sounds are an inspired homage to the horror cinema and the menus and overall style are a work of art.

Most of negative reviews here are from people involved in Borderlands 2, horrified with the idea of competing with muscular Resident Evil 6 in their sad little game second week.

IF YOU LIKE HORROR, BUY THIS GAME NOW!!!
  14. Oct 4, 2012
    Production values are high for this highly anticipated sequel in the RE franchise. But does it live up to expectations? Unfortunately not.. not by a long shot. The horror is there a lot more than RE5 which is a step in the proper direction, but the core gameplay elements of what made RE such an amazing series has been completely stripped away with RE6. It doesn't help at all that this game is full of technical issues that make the game seem so inconsistent with itself. In terms of the story, it's there.. it works, and it works exceptionally well, but here's hoping Capcom will take a much needed break from the franchise and come back to it when they've seen what exactly needs to be done to please fans of the series. The game IS worth picking up for hardcore fans of the series such as myself, but to those on the fence, be warned that this may be a big disappointment for you. Expand
  15. Nov 21, 2012
    I've played this since release and never had a more difficult review. The thing is, I just find the game so big that it seems like if something is annoying me I can just move on (finish chapter, play different char chapter, and keep bouncing around, I know this isn't what I'm supposed to do but it works great). Unfathamable constant annoyances happen all the time, but the thing is, I got enough hours and enjoyment out of this game that I can't hate it. I'm through with it now because of these errors, but it was worth it. Save points (not checkpoints) are way to sparse. I once played a super long section before a save point and needed to pause the game, but I forgot to turn off the online, which disables pause with no way of entering a menu to turn online off. Hilarious.Some really cool areas though. And like i said, I don't really know how to desribe it, but there was just so much freedom. That's why it gets a good score instead of a bad one. Expand
  16. Oct 15, 2012
    Why do people have graded this game so bad? Each campaign has a different game play which makes it interesting but they all end up being part of the same story. I highly recommend it!
  17. Oct 4, 2012
    Basically, you gotta be a hardcore RE fan like me to love this game and accept for what it is. I've chatted with many RE fans on Youtube and Facebook about this, and they still love this game. Maybe not the best of 2012, but still very cool. It's really hard for me to hate a RE game. Besides, the most complaints I've heard is that the graphics are not as great as RE5 and it's got the same program control setup similar to Gears of War. First of all, I get about the graphics being not as clear from the last installment, but sell graphics don't make a game. Second, what's the problem with the controls similar to Gears of War? Dead Space had the same controls as RE4, Dante's Inferno & Castlevania: Lord of Shadow had same controls as God of War, and Saints Row had same controls as GTA San Andreas and NOBODY ever b*tched and complained about those. So why complain about this one? I'll admit that I hate Capcom in all my glory b/c of the way they destroyed our childhood like Marvel vs Capcom 3, never making another Megaman game, and repeatedly making upgraded versions that nobody wanted in Street Fighter 4. But I will give them credit for this game, it's definitely not as bad as many of you say it, its good in its own way. Expand
  18. Nov 20, 2012
    I seriously have to advise people against not buying this game. The overall experience for me was intensely frustrating and I will explain my reasons why; The game gives you an impressive dose of action but does not let the player overly contribute much to the gameplay because of limitations they have included in the game. The player isn't overly effective in combat and rarely ever has enough ammo to actually take out all the enemies in the game (unless you are a good shot). Most of the game was spent travelling from one cutscene to the other, while some of them were interesting to watch they gave the player only the option of pushing buttons at the right time which gets tedious very quickly. The areas are confusing to navigate through and feature many places that look identical and you quickly become bored of the lackluster scenery (everything pretty much looks like black sludge has been placed all over the walls and floors). The zombies are fun in small doses and quickly become tedious as group after group become an exercise of trying to find ammo to kill them all; often I found myself just running through most of the game without the ammo to fight back. The bosses haven't changed from any of the previous games and the same process of shoot for the head (or the orange parts) comes back into the game. Basically, it is run, shoot, find switch or key, cutscene, cutscene, boss. One particular interactive part is worth mentioning; you have to climb a rope using L1 and R1, for at least an hour I was stuck trying to press L1 and then R2 in correct sequence, only to fall back down the rope and have to start all over again. Was this worth my time? Certainly not, and is certainly isn't worth my money to experience this. Time for a change Capcom! Expand
  19. dpc
    Oct 3, 2012
    Lockie is correct. You can't get an honest user review of a game on Metacritic. Or anywhere else either. Check out Amazon or Best Buy to see the stupidity. By letting 5th graders review -- and, much worse, adult morons with a 5th grade intelligence -- ruins a genuine search as these children just bash a brand or troll to get their juvenile opinions out. Look at the reviews by AzzaMat or especially GamerSuper...how is ridiculing Sony a review of a multiplatform game? So just how is the game? I actually liked 4 and 5 better, but the graphics are very good in 6. Certainly not a 0 rated game. Should you buy? Unfortunately, you won't find help here... Collapse
  20. Oct 14, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is one epic package that delivers something for everyone.
    I am a huge fan of the series. I played the original games back on the PS1, loved the new take when RE4 came out and am thrilled to see where RE6 has taken things.

There are THREE seperate campaigns to play through! Each of them has a very different flavour. How critics can say the game isn't scary is beyond me.
    The Leon chapter harks back to the very first RE games and does a brilliant job of modernising things.

Chris's campagn is more action packed - much like RE 5. The boss battles are sublime and the creature variation is phenominal.

The game is hard though. Ammo is scarce so you still need to manage this wisely. The addition of improved mele combat is welcomed also.

On top of this - if you turn ON agent hunt (should be on by default) you can up the fear factor by knowing that any one of the enemies in your game can at any point be taken over by a real human being online who is out for your blood. This adds an incredibly tense feeling to the entire playthrough.
  21. Oct 6, 2012
    for one scary moment i thought i was playing new nightmare in the dark again,genuinley horrible controls where you stumble around bumping into things,almost so akin to uncharted 3's opening scene as too imagine that was the design choice.plus every single footstep is rewarded with a creaky floorboard sound that gets old after the first 8 seconds..

they got the feel rjust ight in resi
    5,well done to the moaners taking it back another 10 years Expand
  22. Oct 2, 2012
    I'm sure you've heard the phrase "Too many chefs in the kitchen will ruin the soup." Well that's exactly what happened to Resident Evil 6 and the game is mess filled with so many mechanics that simply don't belong together. Capcom apparently had 900 people working on this game and it shows, not only are there 3 separate campaigns that all have varying styles but these campaigns can't even stay with one core game type. First you've got Leon Kennedy who has a horror campaign. Then Chris who has a military shooter campaign, followed by Albert Wesker Jr. who has wretched action campaign. None of these campaigns work on their own. There are so many other games that do these things and do it so much better. This game is a fiasco, and if you have to play it at least wait a few months for it to hit the bargin bin. Expand
  23. Oct 8, 2012
    The gameplay mechanics added are really good, because they have added more mobility to the characters, and now melee attacks can be performed without the need of making the opponents dizzy. But it comes with a price because you can not spam them because you have a stamina gauge below your life bar, that drains with each attack, so you have to plan your kicks and punches carefully. You can run, slide and do barrel rolls in order to avoid damage, and also you can now counter enemy attacks, which requires really good reflexes lol XD.

There is an skill points system that is similar to the money system of RE4-5; but instead of buying or upgrading weapons you buy or upgrade skills. For example, instead of buying a bulletproof vest, you buy an skill to take less damage; and Instead of upgrading a weapon in particular in order to do more damage, you buy an skill that allows you to do more damage. Most skills can be upgraded, but cost lots skill points to do so. You can only equip 3 skill points for each skill set. At first you have only one skill set, but afterwards when you complete 1 campaign you will get access to 8 sets. Each one of them can have 3 skills, and can be swapped on the fly during gameplay, so if you think that certain area or boss requires different skills, you can equip them without a problem. But remember that in order to access the 8 skills, you need to finish 1 campaign first.

During some events there are QTEs, which I think are quite unnecessary, but they last a small amount of time, so for me they did not bring down the gameplay. There are other kind of QTEs, like when a zombie grabs you, and you need kick him in the face so he stops biting you lol XD. I think those fit the gameplay well.

Oh, and in case you did not know; this game is hard XD.

You have at first 3 campaigns to choose from with their respective hero: Leon, Chris, and Jake. I think that is the biggest strength of the game, and also it is where most of the weak points are. The 3 campaigns are quite different from each other, which is not a bad thing; but it is kind of bad when they all have different gameplay focus. The gameplay mechanics seem to have been elaborated around Leon´s campaign, and that makes it look like that Leon story is the MAIN story while the other 2 are some kind of bonus....a lengthy bonus. Now this may sound really bad for the game, but that is not the case; I say this because Leon campaign is the best of the 3, it last between 7-8 hours to complete; so for me as a fan it justifies the $60. It is a mix of RE4 and old RE games.

I think that they should have made the Leon campaign longer, and make it THE MAIN CAMPAIGN of the game, and once you clear it, you are able to access Chris and Jake story. Kind of separate ways and desperate escape, but much bigger. And once the 3 are completed you could access Ada´s campaign.

Treat the game as if it only has at first the Leon´s campaign available. It begins slow the first half hour, but after that it picks up the pace, and it is really good. And if you play it in co-op it is a blast. One of the most enjoyable experiences I have had during a game. I says this, because the gameplay mechanics dont fit really well Chris, and Jakes campaign. They are enjoyable once you get used to the gameplay focus of each campaign; but Leon campaign is simply the best. Ada´s campaign is also great.

I recommend you to play a campaign first and once you want to play other one do so, but dont back and forth jump between them because they are very different.

I think that if reviewers would have played the other 2 campaigns as a bonus, (after they completed Leon´s campaign) instead of playing them as the main thing offered in the game they would have rate it way better.

Also I think that the camera should be further. They have added gameplay mechanics that add more mobility, but due to the fact that the stages are bigger, zombies can attack from anywhere, so you still can not dodge them. It would be better to have the camera further away (like in Uncharted) in order to have a better look of the surroundings.

TIP: Change camera settings from 5 to 1.

The game is really awesome and every RE fan must play it. It deserves an 8.5/10, but I am rating it a 10/10 because of the haters here that have not even played the game rate it 0/10.
  24. Feb 19, 2013
    Don't trust people who give it score of 0 or 3. It's not a bad game. It's just... different from the other Resident Evil (Biohazard) games. Game is split into few different sections with different styles of progression. Story is direct continuation of Resident Evil 5 and easy to understand if you played Resident Evil 4 and 5. You could think this as a end part of the trilogy where everything that has happened comes together story-wise. Graphics are nice, Sound design is mostly okey, music is good, and art is mighty fine. Finally Resident Evil has controls updated from mid-90s to 2010s, and you're not in a tank mode anymore which kind of sucked in previous games in this series. Imho fixed controls made this game way more fun to play than any of the previous games in the series. And for the fixed controls and everything else I'm giving the 9 it deserves. Considering that it has some issues with scripted events and certain fixed camera angles which didn't really work that well... I probably should stamp a solid 7 or 8 on top of it. And yes, it's true that the controls, the story, the enemy design, and the situations you get to make this game more action oriented game which has a horror theme on top of it. It's not solely about survival horror despite it having a survival horror segment in it when you play as Leon and shoot zombies. The game probably gives you few scares but other than that it's more about horror themed action game. Something Resident Evil (Biohazard) series has always done the best. And it's just that the name for this game is wrong. If it was called anything else than "Resident Evil" it would have not probably gotten all this trolling and hate going on for it. I personally think the Japanese name "Biohazard" is more suitable name for the series and should be called Biohazard since it's logical name for the game and themes and story are all essentially about "biohazard(s)". Expand
  25. Oct 24, 2012
    The game is not that good, any of you saying that it's a good game are in denial. I'm not giving this game a bad review because of it being an action game, I;m giving it a bad review because this game feels like I'm playing atleast 5 different games in 1. It's just a generic 3rd person shooter. The people who think this game is good have probably not played many games in their day. I own pretty much every system ever made as I'm a collector,also a game collector and have played thousands of games. I I bought this game on release and finished it in 3 days including Adas campaign. There is no replayabilty in this game,except if you collect trophies. Some textures in the game look like PS1 ( look at the top of the tank in Chris's Campaign early in the game) The controls suck ass (like all resident evil games) but if you are going to make an action game, your controls have to be good. The camera is the most horrible thing I've ever seen, and some parts when you are running/swimming from an enemy it doesn't look like you are moving at all. The story didn't make much sense. The only thing I really like about the game was the music, but even the music in the main menu sounds like it was copied from Gears of War Menu Screen but with a little difference. The boss fights were not fun,they felt really scripted. The acting was horrible but atleast it made me laugh a few times. I think Call of Duty has become the cancer of gaming, like seriously, people haven't realized yet that Call of Duty is trash and is the same game every year, and people are dumb enough to buy into it's Micheal Bay style explosion fest B.S. So here is a break down of my score, this is a thought out break down and I didn't just pull these scores out of my ass......Keep in mind I thought the game was easy on pro but the controls still were not smooth like they should be for an action game.

Gameplay-5 (not including camera)
    Camera- 2
    Controls- 3
    Fun-5
    Sound- 8
    Music- 8
    Replayability- 3 (not including trophy hunting)

34/70 = 49% rounded to 50% = 5/10

People giving this game higher than a 6 are either obviously indenial or they haven't played many games. Play Dead Space 1 & 2 those games are a lot better than this pile of crap. Dead Space is linear but they do it in such a way that it fits perfectly with the game. With Dead Space you get cool weapons,nice controls,intense momments, story is good and let's just say the quality of Dead Space is so much better than Resident Evil, just see for yourself :) **** even Dark Souls was a low budget game and that games is way ahead of Resident Evil. But casual gamers can't play that game because it doesn't hold your hand, you need skill to play it. Oh and I see people giving this game good scores and in there review they either say they haven't even played throw the entire game yet, also people that give it good scores say that there is only 3 campaigns when infact there are 4.. makes me think that these good scores are from people that haven't even played through the game... Resident Evil 6 rename that **** to Resident Evil sucks DLC dub edition remix.. Screw you Capcom you suck just like Activision. Both use to be good companies but have lost their way into greed.. tisk tisk ****
  26. Oct 10, 2012
    Say whatever you want. In my honest opinion, this game is a solid 9 out of 10. It really feels to me that CAPCOM tried to hear all the rants and desires, these last years, and came up with a final product that looks like a sum of many different insights. It has RE4's tension and RE5's action, with a true intention of honoring the roots of the franchise. The graphics and lighting effects are incredible and the atmosphere makes this one on par with games like Dead Space. There will never be a perfect game, nor one that pleases everybody, but we cannot deny the hard work that was put on RE6. Ok, I admit, there's too much QTE and this does compromises the pacing (a bit) but we need to see the whole picture here. In the end, this is a great game and, for me, the best RE yet. This game is good. Period. Expand
  27. Oct 2, 2012
    Unfortunately, metacritic is dead. I have no doubts now. Bad game, good game-never mind. I can't look at the REAL opinion and at the REAL mark because of idiots who give "0" to EVERY game. Here is some examples: Mass Effect 3, Diablo 3, WoW:Mists of Pandaria and so on. These games aren't perfect, but they deserve some higher mark, than ZERO. About half of these "critics" even haven't played these games! Damn you, trolls... Expand
  28. Oct 14, 2012
    While this game is not horrible, it is no longer RE by any means. This series has become a 3rd person shooter with a cover system and a lot of QTE events. The game is still fun for the most part and it does give you heaps of replay value with all the different campaigns but the soul of the game is gone for sure. The online co-op is fun as well and serves to further bolster the replay value but again...this just isn't RE anymore. Nothing is scary or has any degree of tension whatsoever....in fact it is basically run and gun for the most part. Boss fights are tedious and repetitious to say the least, I would say you could avoid this game for the most part or at the very least play it safe and wait for the prie to drop which I'm sure it will do rather rapidly. Expand
  29. Oct 14, 2012
    Let me just come out and say it straight. Resident Evil 6 is not a terrible game. Yes, it has it's flaws. Yes, it's not survival horror. Yes, it may not be what Resident Evil purists wanted. However, to say the game has no merit is folly (I'm looking at you, Destructoid).

The good: Story is decent, it comes together well after playing all four campaigns. Voice acting is phenomenal, very
    well done. Leon's and Ada's campaign are the most fun, and Jake's is decent. The gameplay, while different, actually works well once you get used to it. Mercenaries mode is fun. Co op is soke of the best that this generation has offered, with both online and splitscreen options.

The bad: too many QTE's. Some of them are okay, but being forced to wriggle the stick at super human speeds every time you're grabbed gets old really quick. The new health tablet system doesn't work as well as the classic system, and you are constantly scrounging for herbs. There's a difference between being conservative with your items and being outright unfair. Chris' campaign is pointless, it's a shoot-em-up fest that has no business being in a RE game. Dialogue is kind of cheesy. Agent Hunt mode is garbage, very mood-breaking and not fully-fledged out, it feels like they tacked it on last minute. Overall lack of cohesion; by trying to cater to many audiences at once, the game loses it's prime focus. It doesn't feel like a Resident Evil game (with the exception of Leon's campaign).

On a final note, though this is personal, I felt that the exclusion of some key characters was a poor choice by Capcom. We should have Claire Redfield or Jill Valentine in there instead of the not-so important Helena or the pointless Piers. Sherry was a fantastic addition however.
  30. Oct 2, 2012
    RE6 manages to pull off four campaigns, while effectively intertwining them. Leon's campaign is classic Resi survival horror, and a far cry from RE5's sunny locales. I found this to be the most enjoyable of the four. Chris makes a return, shooting up zombied-up gunmen and huge monsters, similar to RE5, whereas Jake's chapters are more of a mix between the latter two, with some platforming thrown in.

6 perhaps doesn't reach the highs of Resident Evil 4, but it more than makes up for it with an epic of a story and a huge world.
  31. Oct 11, 2012
    Como voces sabem, a maior prova que a Capcom poderia ter que Resident Evil 6 foi um grande sucesso, aconteceu! O game ja vendeu mais de 4,5 milhoes de copias e espera atingir a marca de 7 milhoes ate 31/03/2013. Os jogadores que compraram, ainda tiveram a oportunidade de jogar uma extensa demo antes de decidir pela compra.
  32. Oct 5, 2012
    Earlier I had given the game a 3. Now that I have had a chance to actually sit down and play it I had to correct my review because I was going off the demo and watching playthroughs. Here are my final thoughts on the game.

The story is where 6 shines. It really has some interesting characters and Leon's new partner I think is the best in the game. Some of the dialogue is pretty bad at
    parts but it really doesn't distract so long as your a hardcore fan of the series. Monster design is amazing as well as some of the set pieces such as being on the Jet airliner and cemetery. The game setups are also great allowing you to customize how to play the game with others or by yourself. Plenty of options are also a step in the right direction. Sound design is terrific as well. The music though could have pulled more ambiance from earlier games.

The negative side though is the graphics engine. Its full of pop in on occasion and glitches. It really does distract as well as the textures appearing muddy and low res. Come on Capcom this is 2012. At least put some of that cash into HD cut scenes. Level design is absolutely terrible. While some set pieces really stand out, most areas are just run throughs...one area, the china market, just looks horrible. I agree with what another reviewer said on here..Capcom did a few good things but also a few bad things and really need a break to rethink the whole series. I personally think they need to get in another team, maybe the Dragon's Dogma team and pull off something much more professional because this game seems like it was made by first timers. Not the way to handle a huge series like Resident Evil. I give the game a solid 8 for the story, monsters, voice acting, cutscenes, and some of the set pieces. Its worth playing if your a hardcore fan but casual gamers looking for a scare fix would be better off playing Dead Space 1 and 2.
  33. Dec 15, 2012
    It's not Resident. It's not Evil. It's a preposterous abomination in the long-running series. How on Earth is Capcom is getting a 6th Resident Evil game? With all do respect, I still love the series, although RE5 was a good but average game. When I watched the demo for the game I was like "What is up with dat?" There's nothing new in the game. With a new character added, Jake Muller, he's exactly look like Grey Dante from Devil May Cry but with a mediocre campaign. Leon's new look was okay, not much. I thought Sherry Birkin's safe after the events in Resident Evil 2, but as a playable character? What's going on and what's with all the darkish screens? I think Capcom just picked up the wrong game. If Operation Raccoon City was a disappointment, so does this crap. Resident Evil 6 is one of the worst games of 2012. Expand
  34. Oct 3, 2012
    Are these reviews or gripes about it not being "survival horror"?? You are trying to "survive" and there are zombies everywhere... The game's controls are not broken or anything. I spent most of the game with very low health. I didn't even die playing through RE0. There are enough monsters to keep it overwhelming but one thing I don't like is that they give you so much ammo... It is really easy to conserve if you are used to games like this.(Even the other RE games)... The melee attacks are fun and remind me of Uncharted... And I don't think it matters if they want to keep going with this cinematic action style because the game does slow down with some puzzles(just like the other games)... There are no Zelda reviews complaining about the game not being an overhead view... RE6 is still good... When they want to break the controls like some of those 3D Sonic games is when I am going to stop playing.. Expand
  35. Oct 5, 2012
    Brilliant game! People rating this game 0 are dead inside because anyone who genuinely loves playing video games will find something to admire in Resident Evil 6 even if it isn't to their taste. For those unhappy that this hasn't been designed like a survival horror from the 90's look elsewhere because even though Resident Evil 6 follows series tradition closely it strictly refines the formula of Resident Evil 4 and 5 in a much bigger more diverse adventure. The controls have been streamlined well to make the action easier to manage and consequently the game throws more enemies at the player. There are nice improvements to melee combat and the inventory is the best yet for an RE game. Graphics and audio are very impressive (special mention must go to the lighting which is awesome) and it's packed with demented creatures! If you loved Resident Evil 4 and 5 you're going to love this.

the tradition
  36. Sep 5, 2013
    First off: There are a lot of bad reviews here. The game is not a 0 or 10. The truth lies in the middle.
    I've played through Leon's campaign and I'm rating this a 6. Here's why:
    1. Not enough emphasis on gameplay. The new control scheme is great. Too bad you are doing quicktime events or watching cutscenes so often.
    2. Too many useless sequences. For example, there is a swimming portion
    that serves no purpose. Sometimes you move, see a cutscene, then move, again with no actual gameplay, then watch another cutscene. This is bad pacing and leads to a game that is not as good as it could have been.
    3. Cheap deaths sometimes you have to die just to figure out the path forward. Not a major gripe just frustrating.
    4. Terrible story. It is just stupid. Not looking for incredible depth but this is bad.
    5. Tedious boss battle how many forms can one guy have?
    6. Mercenaries seems to only have 3 levels this is not acceptable after RE5.

The graphics and lighting effects are tremendous. The new control scheme feels great. The enemy design is good. I feel like Capcom spent more time on making an interactive blockbuster movie than a game. I expected RE5 with fresh tweaks and I got that so why I am I still doing quicktimes and extended cutscenes? Compared to RE5, this is major step backwards. I rated this game a 6 and would consider a reasonable range to be 5-8. Still fun, but I recommend a rental before buying. I would not pay full price for this game. Hopefully I'll play the other campaigns and like them better. If I do, I'll change my review.

Update: I've now played the whole game and I think it scores higher. I have to admit that each campaign is different and fun in it's own way. They are also lengthy and there is a 4th bonus campaign (unfortunately not co-op though).
    I also tried the agent mode and it is a nice addition for some depth.
    The game is not perfect, but is still very fun, controls well, and is a blast when played with a friend.
  37. Oct 5, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After this lawlessness I will never buy a Resident Evil game.
    I wouldn't say capcom tried to copy any of other game series, they tried to copy their own ideas just adding inappropriate explosions every 3 minutes.
    I didn't noticed any kind of sane plot. It begins with simulated big bangs and it's repeated until the very end.
    "We will give them explosions. They love explosions at every second"
    Characters communicate only in monosyllables and it's quite annoying. it seems that neither I nor the characters themselves do not understand what makes them tick. They just shoot and go somewhere not quite sure why they need to. Then they meet other characters and then shoot at everything that moves .... and then explosions... and then again ...
    You can describe the plotthis way. The bad characters infected the planet guided by ridiculous motives. It's the end of the world. The good characters are trying to stop it and succeed. The end.
    Clumsy game mechanics make the gameplay to get boring by the end of of one of the four companies.

With original RE capcom changed beyond recognition survival horror genre.
    With RE 4 capcom caused the revolution in 3rd person shooter.
    With RE 6 capcom evolutionized the "commercial blockbuster" genre (as I name it).
  38. Oct 25, 2012
    i will be honest after replaying resident evil 4 and 5 then giving a look at this game i cant help but feel its all going down hill what made the whole resident evil /bio hazard was mostly being alone checking your ammo now and again deciding if to keep that extra box of ammo or the herb and generally the fact you did not feel like a superhuman who can mow down zombies in a snap.
  39. Sep 14, 2013
    Awesome game. i just do not get all those negative 1 point ratings. the game is awrsome. hours of gameplay. i am at 20 hrs now and i still have a lot to go. co-op is spectacular. graphics, story line are great. this is still survival horror game.....just do nor play it in easy mode. capcon put a lot of effort into this game and it shows. great title.
  40. Nov 21, 2012
    resident evil 6 is the best game I ever played
    great graphics
    optimal gameplay
    Very good campaign
    capcom nice job
    this game is what I was looking for
  41. Oct 2, 2012
    There is much troll on this page, this game and they will destroy their multiaccounts like call of duty and diablo 3, but unfortunately did not have anything to do if not **** and put 0 to a game that, while for many has been the best work ... personally has been the best game of resident evil .. varied and fun game.
  42. Oct 31, 2012
    Resident Evil continues it's journey toward mainstream action adventure lands. Stop your pathetic weeping diehard Resi fans, nothing stays the same forever, and this is a very good game.
  43. Oct 3, 2012
    The reason there is so much dislike for this game is the same reason as resident evil 5, and the is comparing them to there predecessors, it is not re5 and it sure az hell is not re4 but it is its own. Its its own game with its own design, everyone needs to get off of there pedestal nd stop playing game critic and enjoy the game for what it is a fun great game 9
  44. Oct 29, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is not a good game....there...i said it if you don't like that move on, if you don't mind then read on! Capcom said that survival horror is not profitable....well i can say one thing...you did survival horror a hell of a lot better than you do action games Capcom....well that is your Resi team does anyway. Resident Evil 6 tries far too hard to be everything and it just fails
  45. Dec 7, 2012
    not a bad game. don't believe the neg hype. ZombiU is better, but this is pretty fun.

Could it be better?

Do I expect more from venerable Capcom and RE?

But, this is not a bad game at all. If you like RE you'll probably appreciate this too.
  46. Oct 7, 2012
    This game, as a Resident evil game, is total garbage. yeah i know what you're thinking...the series evolved HUUR DUUHR!!! well yeah but RE fans buy this game cause they expect survival horror....if you still dont agree then i guess you LOVE the new Devil may cry and the new hack and slash metal gear. See what i mean? a video game series should be about a genre or similr genre to the orginal, you wouldn't want a Mario FPS would you? this game gets a 0 for being that, a ZERO in today's crowded FPS and TPS online games...At least Operation raccoon city had real zombies Expand
  47. Oct 2, 2012
    First off, to be amazing you will have haters. Period. This is an AMAZING game. Played already many hours into it and do not tell me I don't know my Resident Evil lore, I've beaten every one of them, grew up playing each one as they came out. This RE has multiple campaigns, multiple characters, a secret campaign, endings for each campaign and a hidden ending, along with improved controls, enemies who lose meat as they are shot. CHALLENGING, play it on Veteran and tell me you won't be saying, "Man, I need some ammo!!!" I could go on and on about how much fan service is in the game, Leon's first chapter ALONE is an entire reference to the beginning of Resident Evil 2. GO BUY THIS GAME!!! And I figure I'd squish some of the arguments people are having saying, "This isn't Resident Evil!" Resident "Gears of War" Evil? How can Resident Evil emulate Gears of War when Resident Evil 4 made the follow-3rd person camera popular, that influenced Gears of War? Go on Wikipedia and research it. "Chris' campaign is garbage, it's "Call of Duty!" Okay, Chris was an ex-military airforce man, was super into winning Marksmen contest, it makes SUPER sense and is in perfect line that Chris would be in a tank going right at Bioterrorism. At the end of TWO Resident Evils Chris proclaims either, "We need to take out Umbrella once and for all" while in a fighter jet or while in a helicopter, "To live in a world without fear? Yeah it's worth it." All the complaints with the wiggling of the joystick to get away from zombies, in Resident Evil 2 & 3, you had to CONSTANTLY hammer on the square button EVERY time a zombie bit you so you wouldn't lose too much life. I'm convinced that more than 80 percent of the negative reviews are people who hated the game before even playing it for long enough to even review it. And QTE were all over RE4! If you're on the fence and loved recently survival horror games such as Dead Space 1 & 2, you should really, really enjoy this game! Expand
  48. Oct 3, 2012
    This is Resident Evil game that nobody wanted. Every aspect of this game stinks of Capcom rushing an unfinished game onto shelves as quickly as possible. A poor attempt at turning Resident Evil into Uncharted with awful action scenes and a billion quick-time events.
  49. Oct 3, 2012
    Damn internet trolls slagging this game off, it really gets on my nerves. Capcom stated before hand that this game won't be going back to it's routes and it would be more action based. Knowing this, they still bought it and still slg it off. It's really pathetic. Overall I think this game has been excellent so far. I am about half way through Leon's campaign and I am thoroughly enjoying it. I recommend this game highly Expand
  50. Oct 9, 2012
    Series faithful might stumble through for the sake of story, and perhaps to appreciate those few moments that recall when Resident Evil was at its peak glory. But this long, poor sequel is the ultimate test of patience for even the most dedicated.
  51. Oct 7, 2012
    The camera is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad. Capcom obviously needs to hire different play testers. Oh my good god what a bad camera. It is WAY to close. It needs zoomed out 300% and raised from shoulder height to above head level.
    Besides that, the graphics are **** 720p blurry textures averaging 24 fps on PS3, and that's better then xbox. Where is my PC version with superior
    graphics? Non existent without a release date.
    The game has no horror feeling to it at all. It is not even scary. So, that means it is a linear action game. Well, if that's its genre, then it royally sucks.
    Oh and quick time events..... Just plain stupid.
    I want me $60 back.
    The game blows goat balls.
    Camera problems and quick time events straight up ruin the experience.
  52. Oct 4, 2012
    As with the overwhelming sea of 0's before my post, my impression of this game is not exactly much better. I am a longtime fan of the series since 1997, and I am most certainly open minded. My range of games covers every scope of genre. If it's good, I am not closed minded enough to bash it for no reason. This game is truly a clear cut example of the classic term "sell out" and in the process has become one of the worst jumbled messes in recent history. The story is not even worth following anymore, the tidal wave of cliche "action" and "explosions" is almost sickening. The controls at times, feel like they are actually an enemy that was not disclosed in the manual and are purposely trying to get you killed. Perhaps they infected with the "C-Virus" as well? The C-Virus? Really? Is this the future of this series? To continue on until they run out of letters in the alphabet? Resident Evil 6 sheds everything that brought it to the stage of success it is at now in favor of mass appeal. It's simply the truth. I'm sure there are people who will try to defend it against this claim, but at the core, I'm sure everyone knows this to be true. This is not "evolution". Capcom is obviously not looking to improve the gameplay. They are simply looking to sell this to as broad an audience as possible. Looking at most of the financially successful franchises in circulation today, Capcom took a page from each of them and tried to jam them all into one box. It doesn't work well.

RE 6's stage is on a simply ridiculous scale. Each character escapes death by mere inches an unforgivable amount of times for the sake of "trying" to get the player excited, which in my case, failed to do so miserably. I am at a loss at how putting in completely ridiculous events and story telling is supposed to be entertaining these days. It's not like these effects and set pieces are new or anything where the player will gasp in anticipation. They're tired and lost their effect years ago.

Lastly, RE 6 is about as linear as it goes. It really is the tired cycle of running 20 feet, watch a cutscene, press a couple QTE buttons, shoot an enemy or two, rinse and repeat. I wanted to like this game, and it's very sad that I have to watch one of my favorite series in gaming go down in flames, but RE 6 is the nail in the coffin for me. It's over. Thankfully, I still have all the ones before it, and Capcom can't take that away from me.

Having read the director's response to the negative feedback from fans, it's rather sad that his only defense is to claim that he can't do what the fans want. Really? That's a great stance to have towards the people that even made this series viable to create today.

Avoid RE 6. If you have any inclination to buy this, simply watch a youtube playthrough of it. It will be cheaper and far less aggravating on you. Put your money in any other action game on the market which is likely to be better than this broken mess.
  53. Jan 18, 2013
    Here's a short review: Good story but game is plagued with bad QTE's and boss battles. Gameplay is average at best but I recommend skipping this game.
  54. Oct 2, 2012
    Why Capcom? Just, why? RE was one of my favorite series of all time and now you decided to make it into something without any sense of personality! Copying any other TPS in existance isn't always a good idea. For all of those who haven't played it yet, if your favorite game of all time is MW3 then you'll dig it for sure, this isn't RE anymore.
  55. Oct 3, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is, ultimately, an entertaining action shooter. Leon and Ada have excellent campaigns, and the controls are more fluid than previous entries, but there are some flaws: the camera and cover scheme can be wonky, and Chris's campaign, despite some breathtaking moments, is weak. It's more than made up for by the engaging multiplayer, Mercenaries mode, and, of course, three other campaigns which each run slightly longer than the entirety of RE5.

Overall, RE6 is a worthwhile purchase for fans of shooters, as well as fans of the series who have matured enough to not whine whenever a game isn't exactly like RE2. Just don't expect this game to be as fantastic as its predecessors.

Also, I'm laughing about the same five people who've never played the game using multiple accounts to give it a zero. Metacritic should put user reviews on a separate page, because they tend to be clogged with whiny twelve-year olds and trolls.
  56. Oct 23, 2012
    In my honest opinion I think Resident Evil 6 is a great game. For my money it is not better than Resident Evil 4 ( Which I think is one of the best games ever made ), but I do think it's better than Resident Evil 5 ( A game I also found rather enjoyable ). I think the story, graphics, atmosphere, music, and game-play are all pretty solid.The only big gripe I have with RE6, is how cheap some of the deaths in this game are. While all of the campaigns have their fair share of cheap deaths. I find that Jake and Ada's campaigns suffer from this the most, but I feel that all the things that were done right in their campaigns overshadows the cheap deaths. Content wise, I think Capcom did a good job of loading content into the game as far as the campaign is concerned, but I do think that they should 've added more Mercenaries maps. Now I know that there will very likely be more maps added to the game via DLC, but it bugs me that RE5 had 3 maps that came with the original game, while RE6 only has 3 maps that came with original game. I just wish Capcom could have been a little less cheap and just gave us a couple of more maps because the lack of content for Mercenaries mode is pretty astounding compared to RE5. Overall though, I think Resident Evil 6 is very good edition to the Resident Evil series. It may not be as good as 2 or 4, but I think it still deserves recognition.

P.S I cannot find anyone on PSN to play this game with, so if anyone here has the game on PS3 my account is Chaz81196. If you add me I'd be more than happy to play RE6 with you.
  57. Oct 7, 2012
    The most disappointing game of 2012 Resident Evil "6" is a game that failed miserably in almost all parts,hype,anticipation,graphics that failed to improve,too dark to play,weird menus decisions,confusing controls,all bang and no substance,broken cover mechanics, game breaking bug that forced you to restart the game and more truckload of problem of this pathetic excuse of a big title tried to be innovative and appeal to shooter fans and games that is 100 times worse than the outbreak of raccoon city.
    The only good thing in this game is its main menu interface so Purple.
    Really all those 600 employees must tried to kill themselves just to get a good idea into the game and then Capcom decided to cramp all those ideas both good and bad in the final product the result is you got one hell of a **** quality game.
    Even Retribution still have some originality of the old games,Resident Evil 6 just only got the name and characters.
  58. Oct 3, 2012
    As a long term RE fan, This game shocked and appalled every sense my body has. Even ones I didn't know I had. This game is not scary. The control system is really bad. This gives the feel that capcom wanted the CoD audience. It really pales in comparison with RE4, And somehow makes 5 a good game.
    Yep, that's how much they screwed this game up.
    This game is terrible. Don't buy it.
  59. Oct 4, 2012
    I love it when a game comes out and polarizes to such a degree. It makes for some lively debate. I can't shake the feeling however that if this game was not part of the Resident Evil series proper, or not related to it at all, then people might be a little more forgiving. Same thing happened with the underrated Ninja Gaiden 3 earlier in the year. In both cases many seem to be caught up in the past and focus on what the game "should" have been rather than what it is, which, in the case of RE6, is a more traditional action horror experience. The combat is a vast improvement over RE4 and RE5. As are the less tank-y controls. The inventory is also less of a drag. The story, while nowhere near as memorable and iconic as 4, is serviceable at best and unintentionally hilarious at worst. I also really enjoy the co-op experience in the story mode. Sure, that takes away from the horror elements but this isn't really that kind of game. To be fair the game is very inconsistent and lacking in a clear vision but after the mess that was RE5 (why do more players/critics give that one a pass?) I'll take the varied atmosphere of 6 any day. I think at this point Capcom just needs to take a look at people's reactions and branch the series into two, allowing the main series to return to "it's roots" (survival horror) while perhaps creating a spin-off series of Resident Evil games that act as the logical evolution of the more combat oriented approach began by the trailblazing Resident Evil 4. You know what, I'd gladly play both. Expand
  60. Oct 4, 2012
    A mi me parecio un excelente Juego, en game-play historia, duracion del juego, en general yo le daría al juego un 8.9 de calificación, lo malo es que existe mucho Fanboy-ismo negativo en contra de este juego, en verdad no merece la calificación que tiene aqui en Metacritic, en verdad si lo adquieren van a pasar muchisimas horas de buena diversion, (30 horas aprox en campaña). Expand
  61. Oct 30, 2012
    WARNING:THIS GAME ISNT INTENDED FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN BITTER WITH THE FRANCHISE SINCE RESIDENT EVIL 4 & HATED RESIDENT EVIL 5! Since shinji mikami-son left resident evil series it took a wrong turn with resident evil 5 so as usual I'll start with the good! Graphics: simply put..BREATHTAKINGLY WONDERFUL! Sound:great shrieks & screams from your eniemies down to the realistic gun sounds! Controls:works perfectly unless you never played a game before..or just trolling this game which people are! Story:simply put...your getting 4 great games for the price of one? Each character's story last about 7-8hours with their own ending! Also, each character's story ties into the other characters story which is brilliant!! People say its not resident evil any more lets compare games shall we? Leon story plays like re2 & re4...remember runing through zombie filled streets of re2..buildings on fire & recked cars? thats in leon story! Remember that huge water monster in re4 that you fight in a boat? yea leon & helena fight a similar monster! remember going in the mines & riding a cart in re4 yup leon story has it only theres a naked lady trying to kill you lol..god i hate trolls! chris story is a better version of re5 with some intense fights! remember the snake from re1? Its back with a nice surprise,you even fight it while crawling though a long & narrow tunnel(sounds like survival horror to me trolls) Remember that annoyingly scary guy chasing you in re3 as if you forced him to watch as you raped his mom? well if nemesis had a baby with the hulk & injected it with super sayain DNA...& fed it steriods you have that unholy union of carnage chasing you in jakes story! (jake & sherry story is the best to me) & Ada is a clever mix of re1 & re4! She has the most Terrifying moment in the game..what the trolls failed to mention since they obviously never played the game to completion is on adas story when she has to escape the boat..she is chased by a huge sludge like monster which pretty scary when playing in the dark!!the enemies are the best in any resident evil game! zombies can leap at you from 20feet away or shed their skin & turn into blood thirsty manics,shoot an arm & it mutates it into a sheild! Shoot the legs & it mutates leg armor! 7Foot tall fat zombies? hell yea! chris has an entirely different enemy to fight! These aren't zombies..their j'avo..smart,attack in groups,flank,& use guns chris has the hardest regular enimies to fight!Gameplay: vastly upgraded..you can roll,slide,lay prone & crawl or lay & shoot & hand to hand combat..ANY MEANS NECESSARY TO SURVIVAL YOU IGNORANT TROLLS! I also like how the upgrade system has been revamped making your choices matter when you engage your enemies..you can even switch skills during the game without waiting luke in re4 & re5!Now the bad:Camera..fixed through the patch as of this review so no complaints on that! Cheap deaths! prepare yoyrself as this game kills you unfairly with some qte scences..its not the scence exactly but the lack of time allowed to succeed,you have like 2seconds to react..like when jake is chased by the tank you will die the moment the scence ends & gameplay begins or when you fight the chainsaw guy on the track wuth ada & the train comes...prepare to due at least three times! but thats about it! trolls say its not scary but complain the game is to dark...YOU POOR DELUDED TROLLS..BEING IN DARK PLACES WHILE NOT SEEING YOUR ATTACKER IS THE VERY ESSENCE OF FEAR..foolish bitter trolls! This game isnt for noobs either..the enemies are relentless & everyone who says they never ran out of ammo are 100% liars! What the trolls failed to mention is..you can turn on infinite ammo from the start but if your like me then leave it off & i promise you might reconsider turning it on as ammo is sparse especially in chris story. Mercenaries Returns which is good so you & a friend can enjoy that or you can team up in the story & even play up to 4 players in story mode! bottom line..leon story= survival horror jake story=survival horror Ada story=survival horror and chris story=action survival horror! IF YOU HATE CHANGE THEN STICK WITH CALL OF DUTY AS THAT CRAPPY 12 YEAR OLD NOOB FILLED GAME WILL NEVER CHANGE! Games must EVOLVE & RESIDENT EVIL HAS EVOLVED IN A GOOD WAY(excluding re5)It easily rivals the gamecube remake as best resident evil game so far & thats still my favorite of the series....i just dont understand gamers these days...we complain when games dont change or evolve(cod) but still buy it in droves ensuring another crappy version with LESS IMPROVEMENT OVER THE PREVIOUS VERSION but hate another game when it changes in a good way,adds more content,better story,improved gameplay mechanics& hepls move the industry forward! Trolls dont see that the video game industry is dead..soon ALL GAMES WILL BE LIKE CALL OF DUTY...A YEARLY RELEASE OF REHASHED CRAP WITH TWEAKED GAMEPLAY!!GO PLAY CALL OF DUTY TROLLS & LEAVE GROWN UP GAMES TO THE ADULTS...9/10 Expand
  62. Oct 6, 2012
    I'll begin saying that Survival Horror is my favourite genre, and Resident Evil 1 my favourite game of the franchise (My favourite Survival is Silent Hill 2).
    Well, I must say that, being or not survival, I consider RE6 an amazing game.
    The story, Music, FX, Graphics and Characters are amazing.
    The first time I played the Demo, I thought it was a piece of ****
    But that happened cuz I
    played it thinking I was gonna find a "Old School Resident Evil".
    Old School resident Evil is dead.
    Sad, but true.
    I like people to give bad reviews to this game, cuz maybe CAPCOM will see that people wants Survival.
    But I can't say a game is bad if it isn't.
    I am one of those persons who thinks that "The Original Rsident Evil style is dead".
    And I must say RE6 is a great game.
    Yes, is not a classic RE...
    But I don't expect a classic RE.
    I expect a great game.
    And that's what I found.
    It's not a game of 10.
    It's a game of 9.
    Not a good "Classic RE", but the best "New Generation RE" and a great game.
  63. Nov 5, 2012
    I see the trolls are out in full force like usual. Is this game the same as it was ten years ago? No, I guess not- too bad nobody actually reviews the actual game they're playing these days.

The game is tough, is full of zombies, is not nearly as nice with herbs or ammo as 4 and 5 were, and zombies take multiple headshots to kill even on lower difficulties. Play on a higher difficulty
    and with the screen brightness where the game suggests- and you'll spend a lot of the game creeping forward praying you don't get mauled, or even running away from swarms when your ammo runs low. The game is considerably more survival oriented than 4 and 5 were as a result.

As many have said, it mixes action, survival horror and shooter- so for those hoping the game would just be one thing they'll be disappointed to find this isn't RE2 or Silent Hill. You also have to be much more careful than in RE4 and 5, while also not getting the luxury of time those games offered to search for treasure in all areas.

With three moderately sized adventures, you end up with a longer game as well. Of course, if you're a die hard hater of action games this probably won't be your Resident Evil. I wouldn't say this is the best in the series, but it definitely is far better than most of the people giving it 0s on the day it came out before they even tried it are saying.
  64. Dec 27, 2013
    Resident Evil 6 tries to mix many genres into one but fails to have an unique and memorable experience.

If you're fan of the first games you'll probably don't like the four available campaigns that much. The survival horror is more present in Leon's campaign and it's still not good as the franchise should offer. Chris' campaign fails to be a shooter because of the bad controls (like the
    cover system), Jake's campaign seems to be a mix of a strategy/shooter and Ada's campaign is more like a stealth/shooter.

I think there are two things considered critical in this game. First, the quick time events. There is no need to have them. Second, constant deaths. Even being a hardcore gamer you'll die a lot because of the QTE and poor game design. There is a difference between dying a lot because the game is hard and because the mechanics are not well executed.

Despite of the mentioned flaws, RE 6 is still a game that deserves to be played. Graphics are very good, the plot is interesting with great connections between the four campaigns and there's still room to have fun, be on the single-player or multiplayer.

I'd like to leave a message for Capcom: please, reboot the franchise to be a survival horror only. There's no need to turn it into a shooter. You have a fanbase that plays RE because of the experience that you offered from RE 1 to RE 4. Turning the franchise into a shooter will not bring new players that can compensate the losses of the loyal fans. Players want to be excited while playing, to be scared and feel tension to survive. If RE becomes a shooter it will be just another one in the saturated game industry.
  65. Oct 2, 2012
    By far the worst in the series. I loved the horror filed 4th AND the action packed 5th, but number six is just battlefield against zombies with ALOT worse graphics. I constantly struggle with trying to locate my position while banging into walls and corner due to extremely poor lighting settings and with no improvement when trying to change the brightness. Save your bucks on this one, buy something else...anything else. Expand
  66. Oct 7, 2012
    Positives: Leon and Helena campaign feels like classic Resident Evil (more specifically Resident Evil 4), Some tense environments, Nice lighting effects (adds to the tension for some of the campaigns), The Interconnecting stories and very interesting campaign
    Negatives: the QTE (Quick time events) are very annoying, Jake and Sherry Campaign can be either very easy OR very hard, Chris and
    Piers campaign felt nothing like Resident Evil at all (feels more like a horrible third person shooter), some area's are too dark (zombies and environments blend in), weird camera and controls and horrible pacing.
    Overall: A could be good game with lots of flaws (the controls, camera and Chris and Piers campaign). Maybe an update fixing some of the issues would help make this a more enjoyable game.
  67. Nov 25, 2012
    If you're looking for a game in the vein of Resident Evil 1, 2, or 3, I have some good news for you. Those games are readily available for download in the Playstation Store and Xbox Marketplace. Resident Evil 6 is the natural progression that these games have been taking since Resident Evil 4. Quite frankly, Resident Evil 6 is a FUN game. The graphics are gorgeous, the controls work well, and the story is classic Resident Evil lore. So grab a buddy and enjoy an action-packed title puts you through some absolutely crazy stunts. Bottom line, who doesn't enjoy taking on a zombie horde? Expand
  68. Oct 22, 2012
    I got Resident Evil 6 cheap from a friend of mine so I barely lost anything on it, but after playing it all the way through, I want a refund on both my money and the 20+ hours of my life I wasted on this travesty.

At first in Leon's campaign, I was starting to like the game, things felt good and steady, I felt like maybe I was getting into a survival horror experience, but then all of
    the sudden it just turned to crap, the game just kept throwing hordes of action segments at me that I just wanted to sprint through, terrible heavy rain like segments, awful quick time events and terrible controls. When I finally finished Leon's campaign I was massively disappointed.

When I went into Chris's campaign.................ah I won't waste your time, the best part about Chris's campaign is when you finally stop playing it.

Though Jake's campaign wasn't as bad as Chris's but it's still full of annoying quick time events and crap like that.

Now after you complete those 3 campaigns, you unlock a 4th one, Ada Wong's campaign, which I was very much looking forward to playing due to it being the only one in the game that allowed solo play, but my excitement turned to disappointment as her campaign was just as bad as the rest with terrible controls, camera and annoying QTEs.

Resident Evil 6 is the worst game in the main series for me and even though I got it cheap, I'm still reselling it, I don't care how much I get for it, because this game is just so bad, I want it out of my life.
  69. Nov 5, 2012
    The fact that this amazing game has low user reviews proves there are fans that are mad the game isn't scary. And it's true, it isn't all that scary, but if you take Resident Evil 6 for what it is, you will find a great action horror title. The gameplay is what a lot are playing for, and it's fun. Manuel dodging and jumping around makes you feel awesome. The shooting is fun, and when you work out the dodging and shooting, you will think you're in a John Woo film, which is always cool.

The story is pretty good too. All campaigns seem like the same amount of time was used to create the best possible endings for each (Although I think Leon's campaign was a little more thought out than the rest, but come on, it's Leon's return to Resident Evil). Jake's campaign I guess of all, is the worst. His just comes across as mediocre since so many campaigns were made, and Jake is a new character that doesn't get as much exploration as the other 3 returning characters. Still, not to say his isn't fun, because his has some very satisfying encounters. The 4 campaigns are lengthy, and the collectibles in each provide a reason to re-play the campaigns as they unlock secrets to the campaigns you may not know at first. The multiplayer mode called Agent Hunt is pretty neat too. You get to play as the creatures in the many campaigns the game has. When you have enough money to buy upgrades for your creature, you become stronger alone, but if you group up with other players/computers, and add some power-ups, you can take down humans pretty easy. Resident Evil.net is also a free fun stat tracker. Here you can see all you have done, add site buddy's for players you play with often, and unlock exclusive content by logging into it everyday and and earning different accomplishments. I hope Capcom adds more things to unlock as well in the future, but as of now, there is plenty to unlock.

Overall, the game is a very fun Resident Evil game, and I can't say the horror being removed made it any less satisfying for me. The only problems I have are #1 the help camera gets in the way when a partner goes down, and #2 the creatures can attack before you even get up from recovering if your partner doesn't give you herbs. A problem sometimes. There may be other problems, but none too big for me to notice. It's also good to know Capcom will release an update that is releasing in mid December, that will add a new camera, difficulty and a co-op partner for Ada's campaign, which as of release, is strictly single player. All of this added for free.
  70. Aug 23, 2013
    I had a very good time enjoying the whole game and chasing the platinum trophy.
    It's less obscure, more modern, maybe less scary but well... it's like many AAA games where visual effects and gameplay are become key elements. Still, the storyline is really good and the Resident Evil franchise evolves in a cool direction. You can't contain such universe in isolated cities forgot by the rest
    of the world forever and need to look at the next step. The survival is less about small dark rooms but about massive plague contagion. I liked it! Expand
  71. Jan 30, 2013
    Loving this game. Almost finished with Jake's campaign. Had to score it a 10 to offset the 0s which I find offensive. Never have played a RE game before this one. I love third-person shooters and this game is fantastic. Gorgeous set pieces, awesome moments and just a better game than anything on the market now. The people who give this 0 as a score are doing a disservice. Have loved every minute thus far. What makes a great game to me - can you not wait to get home to play it? I can't wait to play this game, enthralled by it! Expand
  72. Oct 5, 2012
    Under the threat of this global bioterrorist attack, our hero Ada. The world is now in turmoil as the C-virus has reached pandemic proportions and threatens to consume the world in a horrific apocalyptic scenario.
  73. Oct 5, 2012
    Capcom Co., Ltd. (Capcom) is pleased to announce that worldwide initial shipments of "Resident Evil 6", the latest addition to the "Resident Evil" franchise, for "PlayStation® 3" and Xbox 360® have surpassed 4.5 million.

74. Oct 5, 2012

"Resident Evil" is a series of survival-horror games in which players use weapons and other items in order to escape from zombies. One of Capcom's best-known game series, "Resident Evil" has recorded cumulative sales of more than 50 million units* since the first title was released in 1996.
    These sales figures demonstrate that "Resident Evil" is just as popular today as it was 15 years ago when the first title made its debut. Expand
  75. Oct 5, 2012
    "Resident Evil 6" takes the series to the next step with graphics that deliver even greater realism and power. The game features dramatic stories that bring together for the first time two major characters of the series: "Leon" and "Chris". In all, there are seven main characters and four stories, giving this title an unprecedented volume of game playing enjoyment.
  76. Oct 5, 2012
    There are also upgraded online functions like the cooperative and crossover system as well as new types of action. Overall, "Resident Evil 6" offers a broad range of new forms of appeal. This is the first new title in the series in three and a half years. "Resident Evil 6" takes advantage of all of Capcom's capabilities to offer quality that is far ahead of other games. Supported by extensive promotional activities worldwide, the initial shipment of this new game has reached 4.5 million, the highest ever for a Capcom game. Expand
  77. Oct 5, 2012
    Capcom has for many years used its multi-platform strategy of developing titles across many game platforms to make its brands even more popular. In addition, Capcom uses the Single content multiple usage strategy to maximize the value of its content. By continuing to use these approaches, Capcom is determined to provide a diverse spectrum of game players worldwide with games that meet their highest expectations. Expand
  78. Oct 5, 2012
  79. Oct 5, 2012
    In all, there are seven main characters and four stories, giving this title an unprecedented volume of game playing enjoyment. There are also upgraded online functions like the cooperative and crossover system as well as new types of action. Overall, "Resident Evil 6" offers a broad range of new forms of appeal.
  80. Oct 11, 2012
    Quando um produto vende bem, nao significa necessariamente que ele tenha qualidade maxima, mas significa que ele tem um publico fiel que o considera bom o suficiente a ponto de gastarem seu dinheiro com ele, e isso basta, pois se chama sucesso. Em time que esta ganhando nao se mexe, e sao as vendas que mostra a vitoria, assim como na franquia Call Of Duty. Se tem gente comprando, tem gente gostando. Contra fatos nao ha argumentos, e nao sao os criticos especializados que fazem o sucesso de um produto e sim o seu publico, este mesmo que gasta seu dinheiro comprando. Expand
  81. Oct 4, 2012
    A solid 6... and that just for leon campaign
    The rest is pure garbage

If capcom did a big campaign based on leon campaign then resident evil 6 could have been much more
  82. Oct 15, 2012
    I would say this game is far worse than Resident Evil 5's blatant attempts at recreating a Michael Bay, Gears of War style experience. Resident Evil 6 is an action game, not to be confused with survival horror, that runs on roller coaster rails. If the straight corridors aren't enough to detract you, the absolutely atrocious inventory system is bound to infuriate you. By chapter 2 or 3 on most of the campaigns you will find you have to make the choice between ammo or herbs. Well normally that's something you may have to do in a resident evil, however you cannot simply throw away some items, store some items, etc. You have to carry around all weapons in a given campaign and usually that means you have to simply throw away an entire guns set of ammo just to carry an herb. That's unacceptable. Also items you currently own 0 of will still show up in the inventory, congesting your ability to quickly select anything. On top of all this the game simply falls flat. It has explosions, unrealistically dressed women who somehow manage to kill zombies while running around for hours in g-string panties. The AI is worse than a PSOne game's AI. No attempt was made here to satisfy Resident Evil fans. They simply want that Call of Duty retard gamer dollar and I imagine they hit their mark. For those of us that wanted to play a carefully crafted, detailed, immersive game Resident Evil is no longer an option. Thanks, Capcom! Expand
  83. Oct 6, 2012
    Nice one Capcom you **** **** pieces of **** Garbage game and I don't care how long you worked on it I don't feel sorry for you. You ruined the series and spiraled it into abysmal genericism. ****
  84. Oct 18, 2012
    I liked the game, to all the people who think it wasn't survival horror have you tried upping the difficulty... I know I did and man did it get scary when you have no herbs, 5 bullets, and some dogs jump in through a window.
    I loved all the bosses too... some were really quite hard even on lower difficulty settings.
  85. Oct 4, 2012
    A poor mans CoD with ideas stolen from Uncharted and Gears of Boredom, that is what Resident Evil has become. Survival horror that challenges the player at every step? Nope, almost non stop brainless shooting continuously broken up by loading screens, QTE, and video sequences. So many quick time events! And each QTE rips you right out of the game world. It's like trying to have sex with your girlfriend while the phone rings every minute or so. Not that the gameplay is any good. Broken mechanics, clumsy controls, and a horrible camera add to the whole mess. It's like a car manufacturer tried to build an airplane without knowing anything about building airplanes. The result somewhat works ...well mostly, yet it doesn't feel right. They would have done better sticking to what they know, namely making survival horror games. It's like going into a sushi restaurant and all they offer is cheeseburgers with the explanation that cheeseburger sell better than sushi so now they only make cheeseburger. And very poor cheeseburger at that. Expand
  86. Oct 8, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Honestly, I don't understand the level of disapproval this game is receiving. Personally I loved it. But I suppose it's completely possible I just have bad tastes. There seem to be a ton of complaints about it's controls, but aside from having to deal with a couple unhelpful or distracting camera shifts, primarily in run away events like those in the Chris & Piers campaign I felt they worked just fine. I adjusted to using them pretty easily. Using cover wasn't always the most fluid of maneuvers, but that's really only a concern for the Chris campaign where mass enemy weapons fire is a regularity. As for the horror aspect it's a bit more prevalent in Leon's campaign and Ada's than the rest, sure. But there are several campaign's for you to choose from that prompt a need for somewhat different styles of play. Is that really problematic? Each campaign is fairly extensive covering 5 chapters each of which are reasonably long. If all you're looking for are jump scares, then I can understand your disappointment, not so much your desire for them though. People keep complaining it removes the survival aspect, but I have to ask, how so? You're constantly in danger and under attack so there's an obvious threat to your life. The only thing I can think of concerning the decrease in urgency of survival would be the inclusion of auto-saves versus the old fashioned find a type-writer saves. There does seem to be a large number of QTE's but not so much I felt like it had become it issue. That could be a matter of personal view on how many is too many though. My only complaint would be the unfortunate character death. But that's just because I liked the character, not necessarily that it was a bad narrative choice. I think the graphics are good, musical score is good, and I enjoyed the story. Whether you like it or not is probably a personal preference, but there /is/ a demo available that you could try before purchasing the game. I enjoy being able to play co-op. I love the idea of intersecting campaigns and being able to play with 4 people in a single match. The Agent Hunt extra game sounds fun, like a cool idea. Haven't had too much experience with it though, just a few matches and feel it maybe use some working on. Need to play a bit more to really decide though. Overall I loved the game. So I'm giving it 9/10. Expand
  87. Oct 3, 2012
    Worst Resident evil game i have ever played in my life, and i thought RE5 was bad enough but this took it to a whole new level.

i bought the $95 anthology collection and i have to say this is the worst purchase i have ever made in my life, i played about 10-15mins of this and right out of the gate there is quick time events, and mostly just watching a darn movie. After that i just could
    not do it anymore, i hated RE4 and 5 for the over the sholder view and the No horror.

if you enjoyed RE 4 and 5 then you will prob love this as you most of you guys love change and love to accept anything that is thrown at you. love quick time events and long cutscenes? Do you love 3rd person shooters and Action games? love Zombies with guns! then well you will love this game then.

I hope capcom learns something from this, and goes back to the old style of Resident evil, i mean how do they go from Resident evil Remake to RE4 and 5 i mean come on!
  88. Oct 3, 2012
    The game is great, so far. Even though i just started, I can tell it is much better than what all the internet trolls are saying about it. The game controls fine. There are many tough encounters. There are constant points where you can barely see, due to the brightness levels of areas. The game has been getting a lot of unfounded hate, mostly from people stuck in the past. The people that actually tried the game have actually liked it very much, aside from reviewers and OLD fans. I just don't see anything wrong with it. All the people I know that have played it also love it. People who are on the face or afraid to get the game due to the negative reception should just get the game and try it out for themselves, since all the negative reviews seem extremely bias and against any form of innovation in the series. The scare factor, that many claim is gone, is still very much there in the game. In one campaign alone, there are a lot of things popping out of nowhere to attack you without warning. Expand
  89. Jan 6, 2013
    Just finished the Leon campaign thought it was ok and not as bad as people were making out not as scary as the original games but a lot better than running around in the desert as in the last one they even tried a couple of the old puzzles which i love and i would like more of them over all not as good as the first couple but not the worst worth a play.
  90. Oct 18, 2012
    Bad design and an over reliance on QTE's ruins this game. Ideas are stolen from virtually every third-person action game in the last 5 years but are copied badly. The mercenaries mode is still addictive but the campaign mode is a complete write off.
  91. Oct 3, 2012
    Giving this game 1-4 for a score is JUST RIDICULOUS. This game yes it is surely NOT a traditional resident evil game. It does have some identity issues but its still a GOOD ACTION GAME. Yes i know its not supposed to be an action-type game but thats ho capcom made this. and as an action game, its a good one SO STOP **** about it not being traditionally survival horror and JUST LIVE WITH what you got.
    Get over it.
  92. Nov 17, 2012
    Whilst I would not say this was an awful game, it is a very mediocre one.

The amount of quick time events beggars belief even on Leons campaign which is the most worthy of being called Resident Evil.

The Chris campaign is honestly more like a 3rd person Call of Duty, the acheivement/trophy when you conplete this campaign even rubs this fact into your face. Theres even a jeep/car
    chase,,

With regards to the enemies, they just seem to have thrown in the kitchen sink, giant snakes, spider things, giant flys, zombie sharks., one of the bosses even has a form like a Tyrannosaurus Rex...it all left me feeling a bit cold. Ever heard the prhase "Sometimes less is more"? Well it applies here.

I've played worse games but I've played a hell of a lot of better ones as well. That with the fact that this doesn't play like a Resident Evil game is enough for me to advise complete caution. I rented this and glad that I did. I would have felt cheated had I bought it though...
  93. Oct 2, 2012
    Lol, of course those zero's and tens given do nt make any sence. I know RE since the first one and I also dont like the direction it is going but this game is not bad. It's not very good too....but the production vlaues are amazing, Capcom really tried to deliver. Four complete campaigns...the length of this game is just amazing. Three Gears of wars fit into this game. And that GOW comparison is what I dont like. It looks a bit like GOW and it shouldn't. Expand
  94. Oct 9, 2012
    So I was pumped up about this game, I love the Resident Evil series and have played every game. This game promised so much and delivered on some. Finally the controls have gone to modern 3rd person shooter mechanics. The cover system sucks and I never used it. The graphics are great and have many improvements as to be expected also. I love the opening sequence of the game, but then end up re-living the same sequence later in Leon's campaign! Lame. I think the 3 campaigns that merge together is a cool idea. Each character feels different and has a unique storyline. Now for the bad: Even playing on normal I died way too much. I am a veteran gamer also so I know it's not because I suck! The use of quick time events has gone overboard throughout the game, especially in boss fights. Capcom needs to take a page from Santa Monica studios on how to do them right form the God of War games! The boss fights are big and slimy, but seem to drag on and I hate defeating one to have him come back more mutated and harder over and over. That has been played out. Also the combat could be greatly improved. Kicking slowly and having no counters or combos hurts while you are mobbed by zombies and can't see to shoot. Overall I was disappointed and ended taking it back out of frustration before even beating it. Capcom has gone away from the great horror game that made them so damn good. We don;t need another action game- we like RE for the horror. In that regard, Dead space has taken the trophy. Expand
  95. Oct 20, 2012
    in the begining i tought that the game will be lame, but after play Leons campaign, i'm amazed, Crhis camapgn is very funny too, the purists are hating the game because is not survival horror more but the game is an awesome action game , and must be played for fans
  96. Oct 4, 2012
    Brilliant game!!!!
    The story was awesome and I'm looking forward to the next game.
    This game was WAAAAY better than Resident Evil 5
    So much smoother controller than before.
  97. Apr 14, 2013
    I love the Resident Evil Franchise, and have ever since Resident Evil 2. I love the cast, I love horror zombie settings, I even love the movie franchise. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get into this game. I have started and restarted multiple times, and am probably about 1/3rd of the way through the game. While I don't mind some QTEs, there really were far too many and they really took you out of the action. The platforming was pointless (just press X) and didn't really see why they bothered. Even the shooting was just "okay" (I played most of Leon and some of Chris' campaigns). The writing was mediocre to terrible (um...why would Leon agree to get into an enclosed elevator with someone who was bitten and someone who is clearly sick as though he had no idea what was going to happen?) though the cut scenes themselves were well voice-acted and well done. Some of the "set pieces" I've seen so far were inferior to set pieces in Uncharted or Tomb Raider. Some of the boss battles were just rediculous (really...how would anyone survive being in the mouth of a huge shark-zombie for like 5 minutes..). Sure there is a lot of content, so I suppose I could recommend this to someone who was really bored, but I think I'd rather re-play a really good game than finish this. Since I can only get $4 at Best Buy to trade this in, I'll probably try to sell this on eBay since I already watched the nonsensical plot on YouTube. Expand
  98. Oct 4, 2012
    It's just an insane rollercoaster ride.
    This is the worst game in the series. Capcom tried to make their own gearsofwar with zombies and failed.
    ASTA LUEGO CAPCOM!
  99. Nov 18, 2012
    Surely not one of the best games and it's not without its flaws but it's still a great game experience. Personally i hoped it would be more like the classic Resident Evil games; ammo should be scarce, better puzzles in other words more survival. Instead Resident Evil 6 is a nice co-op experience which isn't exactly what i wanted or expected (didn't research enough before i bought the game). The story is very over the top like i think they put 90% of all the action movies in this game for example; fight on trains, fight on planes, save the world.... I guess u could compare it to the resident evil movies which i thought were cool like a 14 year old but It should have been more like the classic Res Evil.
    In short; It's still a great game to play with a friend the multiplayer will keep u entertained for hours and hours.
  100. Dec 27, 2012
    While this game is different from other RE titles it is certainly leaps and bounds ahead of RE:ORC. Unfortunately a dry turd would top that game. RE6 is difficult at first, the controls feel awkward and there are way too many QTE segments, the game eventually grows on you. The graphics are top notch, the sound is great, and the story is decent enough. I found much to like in this game, the three main campaigns provide several hours of gameplay each and the mercenaries modes are as fun as always. The downside here is that this is NOT survival horror. Its more akin to Gears of War with Zombies. If that appeals to you then RE6 will be a perfect fit for you, if your an old school RE player than you'll be disappointed. I'm 42, I love RE (not Operation Racoon City) I liked 5 and I like 6. This game is getting far too many negative reviews because it is different from the games released on PS1 ten years ago. Face it people, RE grew up and evolved. Whether thats good or bad is a matter of preference and for me personally its good. Give this game a try, its way better than some of these reviews would lead you to believe. (I havent played the bonus campaign with ADA so I can't comment on that...yet). Expand
  101. dpc
    Oct 3, 2012

1. Nov 16, 2012
    Capcom continues to thumb its nose at long time series fans. Not only have they abandoned any pretense of tension and fear, they've dredged up tired old storylines and shifted the game solidly into Gears of War territory. Let the series die!
  2. Nov 4, 2012
    It's expanded beyond any plausible scientific explanation, with what is left being a cumbersome, grotesque mish-mash of disparate elements, barely strung together and about as subtle as a hammer to the thumb.
  3. Oct 30, 2012
    Resident Evil takes another step towards the action genre, and by doing so loses even more of the atmosphere from the beginning of the series. It's an ok action game, but the lack of focus is the real problem. Probably not for fans of the first games.