Resident Evil 6 PlayStation 3

5.4

1. Oct 3, 2012
    Are these reviews or gripes about it not being "survival horror"?? You are trying to "survive" and there are zombies everywhere... The game's controls are not broken or anything. I spent most of the game with very low health. I didn't even die playing through RE0. There are enough monsters to keep it overwhelming but one thing I don't like is that they give you so much ammo... It is reallyAre these reviews or gripes about it not being "survival horror"?? You are trying to "survive" and there are zombies everywhere... The game's controls are not broken or anything. I spent most of the game with very low health. I didn't even die playing through RE0. There are enough monsters to keep it overwhelming but one thing I don't like is that they give you so much ammo... It is really easy to conserve if you are used to games like this.(Even the other RE games)... The melee attacks are fun and remind me of Uncharted... And I don't think it matters if they want to keep going with this cinematic action style because the game does slow down with some puzzles(just like the other games)... There are no Zelda reviews complaining about the game not being an overhead view... RE6 is still good... When they want to break the controls like some of those 3D Sonic games is when I am going to stop playing.. Expand
  2. Oct 2, 2012
    RE6 manages to pull off four campaigns, while effectively intertwining them. Leon's campaign is classic Resi survival horror, and a far cry from RE5's sunny locales. I found this to be the most enjoyable of the four. Chris makes a return, shooting up zombied-up gunmen and huge monsters, similar to RE5, whereas Jake's chapters are more of a mix between the latter two, with some platformingRE6 manages to pull off four campaigns, while effectively intertwining them. Leon's campaign is classic Resi survival horror, and a far cry from RE5's sunny locales. I found this to be the most enjoyable of the four. Chris makes a return, shooting up zombied-up gunmen and huge monsters, similar to RE5, whereas Jake's chapters are more of a mix between the latter two, with some platforming thrown in.

6 perhaps doesn't reach the highs of Resident Evil 4, but it more than makes up for it with an epic of a story and a huge world.
  3. Oct 3, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is, ultimately, an entertaining action shooter. Leon and Ada have excellent campaigns, and the controls are more fluid than previous entries, but there are some flaws: the camera and cover scheme can be wonky, and Chris's campaign, despite some breathtaking moments, is weak. It's more than made up for by the engaging multiplayer, Mercenaries mode, and, of course, threeResident Evil 6 is, ultimately, an entertaining action shooter. Leon and Ada have excellent campaigns, and the controls are more fluid than previous entries, but there are some flaws: the camera and cover scheme can be wonky, and Chris's campaign, despite some breathtaking moments, is weak. It's more than made up for by the engaging multiplayer, Mercenaries mode, and, of course, three other campaigns which each run slightly longer than the entirety of RE5.

Overall, RE6 is a worthwhile purchase for fans of shooters, as well as fans of the series who have matured enough to not whine whenever a game isn't exactly like RE2. Just don't expect this game to be as fantastic as its predecessors.

Also, I'm laughing about the same five people who've never played the game using multiple accounts to give it a zero. Metacritic should put user reviews on a separate page, because they tend to be clogged with whiny twelve-year olds and trolls.
  4. Oct 2, 2012
    First of all, this game is gigantic, I am 10 hours in and haven´t even finished 30% of it. It has very fun gameplay and horror in it, and also, it looks amazing. So, any review that gives it an 1.0 as a score is just a cruel joke on Capcom.

I have played the three campaings and I can say this game is any HORROR MOVIE fan wet dream, on Leon history you have all your horror scares and tension, while on Chris history you have horror action nonstop, really fun gameplay that will make your blood boil.

The game is beautiful, the sounds are an inspired homage to the horror cinema and the menus and overall style are a work of art.

Most of negative reviews here are from people involved in Borderlands 2, horrified with the idea of competing with muscular Resident Evil 6 in their sad little game second week.

IF YOU LIKE HORROR, BUY THIS GAME NOW!!!
  5. Oct 9, 2012
    I just don't understand why there are so many bad reviews of this game! WTF I have played through Leon's Campaign and most of Chris's and Jake's and played the Mercenaries Mode and I feel this game is getting a bad rap. I guess there are just a lot of picky haters here on the internet. This review is for people who are still not sure what to believe, (I was one of you before I just saidI just don't understand why there are so many bad reviews of this game! WTF I have played through Leon's Campaign and most of Chris's and Jake's and played the Mercenaries Mode and I feel this game is getting a bad rap. I guess there are just a lot of picky haters here on the internet. This review is for people who are still not sure what to believe, (I was one of you before I just said F***k it and bought the game anyway.

THE GOOD: Graphics are as good as any other big budget game on the market. Especially nice character models and lighting effects. Gameplay has stiff learning curve, but once you take the time to master it, it works mostly well. I especially like the melee animations and the dodging. Length is there. You have 3, 8 hour campaigns, one bonus campaign, 3 mercenary stages, and agent hunt. Sound and Music is very good especially during Leon's campaign. Leon's campaign is a highlight. Presentation is pretty good and story is a little more interesting than RE5. Animation is top notch for the characters and the enemies.

THE BAD: Poorly scripted events that can lead to a few unfair deaths. (This would be an easy fix Capcom, just prompt a dodge instead of just killing the player.) Too many quick time events (a few are fun ever so often to mix it up, but not this many!) Agent Hunt mode while a good idea is just not handled very well. I know zombies should be hard to control but not that hard! Fix the game matching while you are at it! Not enough Mercenary levels. Sometimes camera gets wonky. Level design on Chapter 1 Chris's campaign leaves something to be desired. Too many door opening sections.

THE UGLY:

All the enemies in the game! lol

RATINGS: Graphics 9, Gameplay 8, Length 9, Sound 9, Music 10, Camera 7, Story 7, Level Design 7, Fun factor 9. I hoped this helps!
  6. Oct 2, 2012
    Most trolled game ever... Its much different than other Resident Evil but still its cool game. Enjoyable 30h long gameplay with nice graphics and multiplayer.
  7. Oct 2, 2012
    I am appalled that there are so many extremely negative user reviews for a game that is above average in most respects. Most are complete gibberish, and clearly from the same users with several different accounts. Seeing these review scores, I feared that I had made a mistake by preordering, and that this game would be a complete flop compared to Resident Evil 5. Instead, it improved onI am appalled that there are so many extremely negative user reviews for a game that is above average in most respects. Most are complete gibberish, and clearly from the same users with several different accounts. Seeing these review scores, I feared that I had made a mistake by preordering, and that this game would be a complete flop compared to Resident Evil 5. Instead, it improved on the previous game in almost every respect, though a few gripes from the previous game return. As such, I must point out that these "0" reviews are extremely misleading and imply that the game is unplayable or terrible, which is a far cry from the reality of the situation. Many negative reviews appear to be from opponents of the game's direction who have not played it and do not intend to, and thus are unreliable sources as to the quality of the game. Expand
  8. Oct 3, 2012
    Always fun to see the web trool army in action. This is not a bad game, it's far from perfect but a bad game it is not. Since when are RE games perfect!!!!

I've only beat Leons campaign so far so ...it's a 6.5/7 for me but I am giving it a 10 since some of the reviews are just stupid. Yes the boss battles were weak so far, QTE are too numerous and half a**d and the camera is fighting you as much as zombies, the field of view is not as good as in 5 or 4, but I still had fun playing with a buddy. Why is there no health bar on the bosses?! well so that they can build their set pieces around it which is a big fail for me as it takes the challenge and fun out of it. Some stuff was just plain bad, Statue sequence and vacu-bots-mine-thingies were really stupid too and should get some one fired at Capcom

. Leon's campaing tries to be RE4 too much and the set pieces feel forced and timing feels off on a lot of the stuff. It's easier to list all the negatives but I feel these need to be mentioned. Even with all of this it still has atmosphere, WTF moments, uber the top gore...so you can have FUN with it, if you are looking for anything more then that you should pass.
  9. Oct 2, 2012
    The Best Resident Evil I Have Played leon campaign is the best for me. Chris campaign is The Same Resident Evil 5. Jake Campaign is Magnifico Plenty Of that I liked this game.!
  10. Dec 17, 2015
    Best campaign trowel Ada Because have stealth game play
    generally best than Resident evil 5 because have different campaign and The New version MT Framework 2 Graphically it's good
  11. Dec 27, 2013
    Resident Evil 6 tries to mix many genres into one but fails to have an unique and memorable experience.

If you're fan of the first games you'll probably don't like the four available campaigns that much. The survival horror is more present in Leon's campaign and it's still not good as the franchise should offer. Chris' campaign fails to be a shooter because of the bad controls (like the cover system), Jake's campaign seems to be a mix of a strategy/shooter and Ada's campaign is more like a stealth/shooter.

I think there are two things considered critical in this game. First, the quick time events. There is no need to have them. Second, constant deaths. Even being a hardcore gamer you'll die a lot because of the QTE and poor game design. There is a difference between dying a lot because the game is hard and because the mechanics are not well executed.

Despite of the mentioned flaws, RE 6 is still a game that deserves to be played. Graphics are very good, the plot is interesting with great connections between the four campaigns and there's still room to have fun, be on the single-player or multiplayer.

I'd like to leave a message for Capcom: please, reboot the franchise to be a survival horror only. There's no need to turn it into a shooter. You have a fanbase that plays RE because of the experience that you offered from RE 1 to RE 4. Turning the franchise into a shooter will not bring new players that can compensate the losses of the loyal fans. Players want to be excited while playing, to be scared and feel tension to survive. If RE becomes a shooter it will be just another one in the saturated game industry.
  12. Nov 11, 2012
    I personally cant understand why this game has been getting such bad reviews i have now finished all the campaigns and I thoroughly enjoyed it sure its not perfect but it has more good things to say about it then bad. it has alot of teamwork dynamic and satisfying storyline and i also found how they brought so many main characters from past games into one story very exciting it made meI personally cant understand why this game has been getting such bad reviews i have now finished all the campaigns and I thoroughly enjoyed it sure its not perfect but it has more good things to say about it then bad. it has alot of teamwork dynamic and satisfying storyline and i also found how they brought so many main characters from past games into one story very exciting it made me even more determined to finish all the campaigns Expand
  13. Nov 26, 2012
    Seriously, if you suck at a game that is a reason to not like it!!!!!! I am critical when it comes to a big franchise even though I have always liked Resident Evil. Don't listen to people about this game. I have played every part of it and the things that people are complaining about are so small when you actually play it there not even noticeable. I can't tell you how mad I am becauseSeriously, if you suck at a game that is a reason to not like it!!!!!! I am critical when it comes to a big franchise even though I have always liked Resident Evil. Don't listen to people about this game. I have played every part of it and the things that people are complaining about are so small when you actually play it there not even noticeable. I can't tell you how mad I am because this game is great not perfect but no game is. They need to make agent hunt with many more options and think it out a little more but great concept to use for Resident Evil 7. At least rent the game. Expand
  14. Nov 25, 2012
    If you're looking for a game in the vein of Resident Evil 1, 2, or 3, I have some good news for you. Those games are readily available for download in the Playstation Store and Xbox Marketplace. Resident Evil 6 is the natural progression that these games have been taking since Resident Evil 4. Quite frankly, Resident Evil 6 is a FUN game. The graphics are gorgeous, the controls workIf you're looking for a game in the vein of Resident Evil 1, 2, or 3, I have some good news for you. Those games are readily available for download in the Playstation Store and Xbox Marketplace. Resident Evil 6 is the natural progression that these games have been taking since Resident Evil 4. Quite frankly, Resident Evil 6 is a FUN game. The graphics are gorgeous, the controls work well, and the story is classic Resident Evil lore. So grab a buddy and enjoy an action-packed title puts you through some absolutely crazy stunts. Bottom line, who doesn't enjoy taking on a zombie horde? Expand
  15. Nov 18, 2012
    Surely not one of the best games and it's not without its flaws but it's still a great game experience. Personally i hoped it would be more like the classic Resident Evil games; ammo should be scarce, better puzzles in other words more survival. Instead Resident Evil 6 is a nice co-op experience which isn't exactly what i wanted or expected (didn't research enough before i bought theSurely not one of the best games and it's not without its flaws but it's still a great game experience. Personally i hoped it would be more like the classic Resident Evil games; ammo should be scarce, better puzzles in other words more survival. Instead Resident Evil 6 is a nice co-op experience which isn't exactly what i wanted or expected (didn't research enough before i bought the game). The story is very over the top like i think they put 90% of all the action movies in this game for example; fight on trains, fight on planes, save the world.... I guess u could compare it to the resident evil movies which i thought were cool like a 14 year old but It should have been more like the classic Res Evil.
    In short; It's still a great game to play with a friend the multiplayer will keep u entertained for hours and hours.
  16. Nov 10, 2012
    This is immense absolutely brilliant, wondered when we were finally getting the ability to move and shoot at the same time. The new takedown moves are also a welcome change. After playing Res since the start I can't believe the negative feedback this episode of a fantastic fr. But apart from tnchise has received.!! The only issue I can honestly say is this is the worst ever rendition ofThis is immense absolutely brilliant, wondered when we were finally getting the ability to move and shoot at the same time. The new takedown moves are also a welcome change. After playing Res since the start I can't believe the negative feedback this episode of a fantastic fr. But apart from tnchise has received.!! The only issue I can honestly say is this is the worst ever rendition of the Mercenaries. What have you done, this is so easy. Ttitleshe mercs are supposed to be challenging and vicious and fast, three things I will have to fulfill in previous releases. Just as well there is great replayability potential in the main game. Expand
  17. Feb 20, 2013
    Something to put out of the way Resident Evil 6 was never supposed to be like the two brillant games Resident Evil 4 and 5. Once you stop comparing RE6 to RE4 and actually look at its pros an cons alone you'll see that Resident Evil 6 isn't a bad game. The story in this game is good for most and bad for some. The Leon, Jake and Ada stories are all quite good, however Chris' whole storySomething to put out of the way Resident Evil 6 was never supposed to be like the two brillant games Resident Evil 4 and 5. Once you stop comparing RE6 to RE4 and actually look at its pros an cons alone you'll see that Resident Evil 6 isn't a bad game. The story in this game is good for most and bad for some. The Leon, Jake and Ada stories are all quite good, however Chris' whole story feels bland as well as the gameplay, its just a third person call of duty there. Many people complain that this game isnt a survival horror, well I say it would be a survival horror in 1995 while todays survival horrors are known as dead space and amnesia. The one thing about Resident Evil 6 was that the gamplay was supposed to be to conserve ammo and use melee attacks and only one of these areas worked. Ammo could be found quite a lot and I never ran out of ammo when I used a gun against a huge horde of javos or zombies, I never run out of ammo. For the melee attack, both me and my dad (a huge resident evil fan) agree that it was a welcome addition, espically when you grab them by the head and smash it into the ground. Anyway looking at it all I would give Resident Evil 6 a 7.8 rounded up to an 8. Resident Evil 6 is a good game but not a survival horror to todays standards. Let's hope Resident Evil Revelaions coming 24th May will be known as a better Resident Evil experience. Expand
  18. Oct 31, 2012
    Resident Evil continues it's journey toward mainstream action adventure lands. Stop your pathetic weeping diehard Resi fans, nothing stays the same forever, and this is a very good game.
  19. Oct 6, 2012
    I'll begin saying that Survival Horror is my favourite genre, and Resident Evil 1 my favourite game of the franchise (My favourite Survival is Silent Hill 2).
    Well, I must say that, being or not survival, I consider RE6 an amazing game.
    The story, Music, FX, Graphics and Characters are amazing. The first time I played the Demo, I thought it was a piece of **** But that happened cuz I
    Well, I must say that, being or not survival, I consider RE6 an amazing game.
    The story, Music, FX, Graphics and Characters are amazing.
    The first time I played the Demo, I thought it was a piece of ****
    But that happened cuz I played it thinking I was gonna find a "Old School Resident Evil".
    Old School resident Evil is dead.
    Sad, but true.
    I like people to give bad reviews to this game, cuz maybe CAPCOM will see that people wants Survival.
    But I can't say a game is bad if it isn't.
    I am one of those persons who thinks that "The Original Rsident Evil style is dead".
    And I must say RE6 is a great game.
    Yes, is not a classic RE...
    But I don't expect a classic RE.
    I expect a great game.
    And that's what I found.
    It's not a game of 10.
    It's a game of 9.
    Not a good "Classic RE", but the best "New Generation RE" and a great game.
  20. Jan 6, 2013
    Just finished the Leon campaign thought it was ok and not as bad as people were making out not as scary as the original games but a lot better than running around in the desert as in the last one they even tried a couple of the old puzzles which i love and i would like more of them over all not as good as the first couple but not the worst worth a play.
  21. Oct 4, 2012
    i have this game and i'd give it an 8.5, great graphics, control solid, its a shame people giving this such low scores, prob same people who watch reality tv or cooking shows or listen to kanye west, this game is good as uncharted 3 enjoyed it as much, yea zombies and boss battles are awesome, they are as gruetesque as a pop star the night of the grammys
  22. Oct 7, 2012
    As far as capcom goes these days with pissing of fans of their games, they use to love but now is destroyed for the money. Resident Evil 6 is their last chance.

Story: In this game you can pick up to 3 campaigns you would like to play. The main characters for the 3 are Leon, Chris, and Jake A.K.A Albert wesker's son. Leon goes back to somewhat of RE4's style of play where he shot the president and has to find the culprit behind the mess. Chris is similar to RE5 with action sequences. Jake is adventure where he will have to escape from the Tyrant Ustank while trying to make his blood become a cure to the world. There is a 4th campaign which is only avavliable once you complete Leon, Chris, and Jake's campaigns which is Ada Wong. Ada is trying to investigate on why is there another form of herself.

Gameplay: without a doubt RE6 has excellent gameplay. sprinting, quick shots, sliding, oh wait here is one everyone wanted shooting while moving yay. Performing counters on enemies at the exact which i feel that is isn't necessary for this game. For Capcom to take the countering of Uncharted 3, and Batman: Arkham Asylum, and city feels that it isn't right especially on a horror game back then. Meleeing is limited unlike RE4, RE5 where if you use it too much you'll lose your stamina and won't be able to melee for awhile unless you have health tablets. Which not only does it restore your health but restores your stamina completely. Healh tablets can be used multiple times. Vehicle parts of the game feel so clunky that you won't be able to get the enemies accurately. Skill points are introduced where you can spend them to unlock specific skills to all characters in the game. Whether it be reducing damage, to dealing more damage to enemies, etc. Mercenaries appears again with getting a high score in limited time. Agent Hunt is basically WTF. You can play as the enemies to eliminate the main characters which is basically capcom just deciding to imitate L4D's versus mode and EA's Dead space 2. controlling the enemies feel so stiff that its difficult to attack the main characters. Another bad thing is as completing it either killing the main character or failing to kill them you don't get award with skill points, only count towards record for medals. shame.

Overall capcom may have prevented themselves from losing finance with this game but feels that its a good game to bring back alot of things that fans wanted but still dissapoint them at the same time. In my opinion i feel that capcom did an good NOT outstanding job on making RE6 a good game just because its not what all fans wanted to be however i understand how they feel to losing something that was good back and now is completely changed. Those fans have to move on its never going to be the same all the time.
  23. Oct 5, 2012
    First of all before I give my review about this game world. With that said I think that the game is deffinetly worth players need to understand that the Resident evil series has evolved. Yes we all loved the origionals, there will never be that kind of satisfaction of horror again. From sales in the shooting games the RE franchise has been forced to change the way their games are playedFirst of all before I give my review about this game world. With that said I think that the game is deffinetly worth players need to understand that the Resident evil series has evolved. Yes we all loved the origionals, there will never be that kind of satisfaction of horror again. From sales in the shooting games the RE franchise has been forced to change the way their games are played to stay competative in the youth gaming. With that said the reason I gave the game a 8 is for the addictivness it has. Yes the quick time can ne annoying at sometimes and there is a lot of cutscenes but the endless amount of zombies and team puzzles and smashing zombies heads into walls just dosnt get old. The boss fights are very big and epic and the feeling of "oh **** is there and is felt frequently. Ive played this game with a coupke people that have never played a RE and they loved the gameplay style fast pace with lots of action. The RE franchise will never be what it was but Capcom wants to broaden their market value and for the gamers of today its a great game as for the die hards its still compelling and you will still be thinking about where you left off when your at work or when listening to how your girlfriends day was ha ha. With that said pick it up, rent it. It might not be what you expected but its still a great game! Expand
  24. Oct 7, 2012
    I have played all the resident evil games. I remember playing the original on the PS1 at midnight with the lights off. Completely creeped out, but I played them again recently and hate the slow buggy controls and the fixed scenes. It worked back then, but this tactic simply doesn't work anymore. Games must evolve as does everything. If Resident Evil was played the exact way it originallyI have played all the resident evil games. I remember playing the original on the PS1 at midnight with the lights off. Completely creeped out, but I played them again recently and hate the slow buggy controls and the fixed scenes. It worked back then, but this tactic simply doesn't work anymore. Games must evolve as does everything. If Resident Evil was played the exact way it originally was programmed today, it would flop. A remake made the same way...same result. It's ok to look back in the day and appreciate all those awesome games. They were groundbreaking back then, but again, things must evolve. I have to disagree with the critics and their 0-6 points. This game has great graphics, sharp controls, and lots of extras (storylines, characters, modifications and all around fun) a creepy mood, it's dark and filled with monsters. I find no better joy than blowing holes through zombies with my sidearm, shotgun, rifle or whatever other item in my inventory. I won't hate on people scoring this game below a 7. we are all entitled to feel how we do about games and our experience with them. Yes, it isn't the same and no, it is really scary. Is there action? Heck yes! I have played through the first 2 scenarios and working on Jake's now. I have been impressed the whole way while playing this. I love hearing how a game is not realistic, but it's a game....what realism are you looking for? It's a game, if it looks good, the story is good, it's easy to control and it's fun, why pick something apart so much that you end up hating it? An honest review: Pro's: There's enough action and opportunity to kill zombies to keep you wanting more. The controls are crisp and easy to use. The graphics are great and the damage realism is really solid. I like the addition of other players joining your cause and making it even more fun. You can play this game for 6 hours straight and still want more. Your spouse might disown you and you might end up in the dog house, but I say it's worth it (I speak from the dog house as I type this).

Cons: it can be frustrating as sometimes it seems you are just doing the same thing over and over. Although I enjoyed some of the new monsters, I think some of the old magic was missing with the monster types. The classics such as the Tyrants, lickers, and some of the other baddies are just sorely missed. A little more creativity in the settings could have earned this a perfect 10, but what is ever perfect?
  25. Oct 6, 2012
    Resident evil 6 is not a horrible game to start off with. The game has nerve wrecking parts amd has lots of action. So **** you guys who say that its horrible because i know if you people had to review call of duty or some **** like that you haters would give it a 9.0. Getting back to the point re 6 is really awesome plus the graphic arent bad and the story line is excellent. So stop theResident evil 6 is not a horrible game to start off with. The game has nerve wrecking parts amd has lots of action. So **** you guys who say that its horrible because i know if you people had to review call of duty or some **** like that you haters would give it a 9.0. Getting back to the point re 6 is really awesome plus the graphic arent bad and the story line is excellent. So stop the **** on saying its bad cuz its not! Expand
  26. Oct 7, 2012
    Exelent game, much better than Residnt evil 5.
    I just dont understand the bad scores given by almost new users, 1 time reviewers, just like me.
    Anyone whith an avarage inteligence will see whats behind this
    Just one description for this game.

The survivor Horror is back.
  27. Oct 30, 2012
    the best resident evil unfortunately, metacritic is dead. I have no doubts now. Bad game, good game-never mind. I can't look at the REAL opinion and at the REAL mark because of idiots who give "0" to EVERY game. Here is some examples: Mass Effect 3, Diablo 3, WoW:Mists of Pandaria and so on. These games aren't perfect, but they deserve some higher mark, than ZERO. About half of thesethe best resident evil unfortunately, metacritic is dead. I have no doubts now. Bad game, good game-never mind. I can't look at the REAL opinion and at the REAL mark because of idiots who give "0" to EVERY game. Here is some examples: Mass Effect 3, Diablo 3, WoW:Mists of Pandaria and so on. These games aren't perfect, but they deserve some higher mark, than ZERO. About half of these "critics" even haven't playe Expand
  28. Oct 30, 2012
    Before I get into the game I want to talk about all the people on here dismissing other people's opinion's on here just because they're a "fan-boy." To dismiss someone's opinion based on the fact that they enjoyed the other Resident Evil games is the most inane argument of all time. It would be like if someone liked the new Star Wars movies, you didn't, and they gave you logical reasoningBefore I get into the game I want to talk about all the people on here dismissing other people's opinion's on here just because they're a "fan-boy." To dismiss someone's opinion based on the fact that they enjoyed the other Resident Evil games is the most inane argument of all time. It would be like if someone liked the new Star Wars movies, you didn't, and they gave you logical reasoning as to why they liked the movies and your retort is to call them "fan-boys." That's not logical, that's derogatory name calling for absolutely no reason what so ever. Also, to anyone reading this I want to tell you to never, ever take anyone's opinion over the internet too seriously, everyone on the internet acts like they're smarter than everyone else and there's always going to be someone who hates something. Anyway... For the game itself I actually haven't gone through the entire mode but a lot of people reviewing it on here haven't either. I've done Leon and Chris's and they're both pretty fun, Chris's does get kind of dull during the last boss fight because you're out of ammo and you're waiting for that **** Piers to kill the monster, which he doesn't (if anyone gets to that level get a friend to play with you because the AI sucks). I can definitely see why people would complain about Leon's story, its decently written but there's no time to really think because things are happening so fast. It seems to be explosion after explosion, the person that reviewed it on GameInformer compared it to a Michael Bay movie and I can see why. Leon's campaign is still fun though and there's never a dull moment. Aloana, or Helena, or whatever is pretty badass throughout the game too, and she has a nice ass. Chris's story is more grounded than Leon's allowing them to build up more of a story. The problem with it though is that its leading to this giant confrontation with this person, I won't tell who because people get pissy about spoilers, but the whole game leads up to you fighting this person and.... well let's just say you don't end up fighting them at the last level which I found kind of disappointing. I can see why people are complaining about the game on here but where there's movie snobs, there's game snobs and there's going to be people who complain about this for no more of a reason than, "Capcom sucks," and, "This is a bad action game." I personally find it very fun and not that its trying to be something its not, how could it be something its not when its a brand new game with a different mindset going to it? If you play on Veteran the games pretty fun and I've been enjoying it ever since I got it. Expand
  29. Nov 7, 2012
    An improvement of 5, completly incomprehensible for me how so many people see themselves as able to bash this game. A clear recommendation for me. You get more than you pay for in this short campaign era!
  30. Dec 31, 2012
    I think people are so obsessed with punishing this series for no longer being true survival horror and punishing Capcom for being Capcom that they completely ignored the quality of this game. The multiple campaigns are really nice, the medals are a nice touch. The monsters are some of the best in the series. While I don't think Resident Evil 2 will ever be topped, and while RE5 could'veI think people are so obsessed with punishing this series for no longer being true survival horror and punishing Capcom for being Capcom that they completely ignored the quality of this game. The multiple campaigns are really nice, the medals are a nice touch. The monsters are some of the best in the series. While I don't think Resident Evil 2 will ever be topped, and while RE5 could've been a lot better, I honestly think 6 has exceeded everything that was expected of it. Expand

1. Nov 16, 2012
    Capcom continues to thumb its nose at long time series fans. Not only have they abandoned any pretense of tension and fear, they've dredged up tired old storylines and shifted the game solidly into Gears of War territory. Let the series die!
  2. Nov 4, 2012
    It's expanded beyond any plausible scientific explanation, with what is left being a cumbersome, grotesque mish-mash of disparate elements, barely strung together and about as subtle as a hammer to the thumb.
  3. Oct 30, 2012
    Resident Evil takes another step towards the action genre, and by doing so loses even more of the atmosphere from the beginning of the series. It's an ok action game, but the lack of focus is the real problem. Probably not for fans of the first games.