• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Sep 6, 2011
7.8

1. Sep 6, 2011
    Nothing to write home about. The only unique bit from r2 has been removed. Fails to break the mold and doesn't differentiate from anything else in the sci fi fps genre.
  2. Jan 8, 2012
    Resistance 3 is a wonderful game. The story is amazing, and the controls are fluid that even my friend who's used to playing pc games can play it. Campaign: The story is well thought out but can seem lazy at times. The campaign is like a roller coaster when it comes to difficulty, from being a cakewalk to it just ramming you with snipers and nearly impossible hoards of enemies. What iResistance 3 is a wonderful game. The story is amazing, and the controls are fluid that even my friend who's used to playing pc games can play it. Campaign: The story is well thought out but can seem lazy at times. The campaign is like a roller coaster when it comes to difficulty, from being a cakewalk to it just ramming you with snipers and nearly impossible hoards of enemies. What i dislike about the campaign is 1. Sometimes it just gets too impossible that you need to just put it down for a minute; and 2. That if one person dies when you're co-oping with someone, then it's basically a game over. Not as in "oh no, i can't do this alone" but as in "wtf, the game ended and now we need to start back here?." So the campaign does have some flaws, but those flaws can make it or break it for the players. Moving on to Multiplayer: Ah multiplayer, a large portion of the game that decides whether it's a buy or a rent to the player. The multiplayer is somewhat disappointing. with only few weapons but many perks, it does get boring after a little. There is no team balance, and you unlock weapons and perks based on level, together you get unbalanced games where the team that almost always wins are the ones with wildfires (the rocket launchers of this game), which are unlock only at a high level! And the killing sprees are just ridiculous. Not ridiculous as in "HOLY **** but ridiculous as in "Was that it?" Though don't get me wrong, the multiplayer can get a little wild and is worth playing. Overall Resistance 3 is just an amazing game with flaws that can shy a player away from buying it, but if you can overlook these flaws then you'll find yourself addicted to this game. Expand
  3. Nov 17, 2011
    I really must say I enjoyed this game. I had played the original Resistance and loved it. I despised Resistance 2 because I felt it embraced the Halo approach to FPS way too much (as every shooter seemingly did, don't get me started on how much I hate regenerating health). They really came full circle with this iteration and did a great job of combining what I felt to be the pro's of bothI really must say I enjoyed this game. I had played the original Resistance and loved it. I despised Resistance 2 because I felt it embraced the Halo approach to FPS way too much (as every shooter seemingly did, don't get me started on how much I hate regenerating health). They really came full circle with this iteration and did a great job of combining what I felt to be the pro's of both the first and second game (fleeting as they were). What you have here is a unique shooter with interesting weaponry that delivers an often times extremely stressfully exciting play atmosphere. I truly miss the days when if you lost health, you lost health. All regenerating health does is promote hiding, whereas with a non-regenerating health mechanic, when you drop down to almost no life, your options are die or go cowboy and hope it works out. Frankly, I enjoy being a cowboy way more than a hiding thumb sucker. Pick the game up, it is pretty fun. The Move functionality is entertaining as well. My biggest drop in score comes from the one time use codes; I will never agree with this system. It is a tedious chore thrust upon gamers because corporatized gaming wants to see their bottom line fatter. Expand
  4. Nov 24, 2011
    I am a resistance/ps3 fan boy so this might have got a 6/10 if I was not. Great game play in campaign very fun !!! Very short and I felt the boss battle just were not epic enough and already done. The story was good just not on the I am one man (Nathan Hail) and I am going to save the world but more on a level of I am one man and I will do anything for my family. This game is definitelyI am a resistance/ps3 fan boy so this might have got a 6/10 if I was not. Great game play in campaign very fun !!! Very short and I felt the boss battle just were not epic enough and already done. The story was good just not on the I am one man (Nathan Hail) and I am going to save the world but more on a level of I am one man and I will do anything for my family. This game is definitely worth playing, renting not buying for non fan boys and I would not go in expecting the epicness of resistance 2 just better game play. Expand
  5. Sep 16, 2011
    The first thing that will stand out in Resistance 3 is how remarkably short the game is compared to other games in the FPS genre. That's not inherently a bad thing, but a surprise since so many highly anticipated FPS tend to stretch the campaign for that grandeur atmosphere while playing the game. Personally I think concise campaigns do a better job than longer campaigns overall.The first thing that will stand out in Resistance 3 is how remarkably short the game is compared to other games in the FPS genre. That's not inherently a bad thing, but a surprise since so many highly anticipated FPS tend to stretch the campaign for that grandeur atmosphere while playing the game. Personally I think concise campaigns do a better job than longer campaigns overall. Furthermore, I feel the length of the campaign fitted well within the structure and style of the gameplay. It's a decent FPS experience. It has no innovation or creativity but it keeps up to the par with all the standards of a normal FPS experience. It's not a blockbuster ,but still competent enough to warrant a buy. The multiplayer mimics alot of Call of Duty gameplay, but maintains just enough difference to keep you interested. Whether the multiplayer will sustain players like COW is yet to be determined. Like I said its a decent shooter without any innovation. Expand
  6. Oct 13, 2011
    Resistance 3 é um bom game, excelentes momentos, graficos razoaveis e uma historia bem amarrada pelas cutscenes (cada vez mais raras em fps). Uma pena que no single player o fator replay é quase inexistente e o multiplayer é ridiculo. O 3D do game é um pouco ruim, mas nao compromete. Em um mes de blockbusters R3 fica na gaveta.
  7. Jul 27, 2012
    Anyone who has played the Resistance games can tell that each one was vastly different to the previous game/s. In some areas, such as the graphics, this is a good thing. However, in other areas, it is most definitely not a good thing. The Multiplayer of Resistance 2 endeared me to the game- it was so different, so unlike anything anyone had ever played...I loved it. That's gone. Wiped out.Anyone who has played the Resistance games can tell that each one was vastly different to the previous game/s. In some areas, such as the graphics, this is a good thing. However, in other areas, it is most definitely not a good thing. The Multiplayer of Resistance 2 endeared me to the game- it was so different, so unlike anything anyone had ever played...I loved it. That's gone. Wiped out. Dead. The Multiplayer is now just a slightly aberrant experience, nothing exciting and nothing that would make you say 'whoa, that was pretty epic!' like in R2. Secondly, the Campaign didn't strike me as anything special either. Sure, we saw a lot of big, badass looking Chimera, but didn't get to fight many at all- mostly just grunts. I just wish Insomniac would figure out where they wanted to series to go and just stick to that formula. Insomniac reminds me of Linkin Park- if anyone knows who they are you'll probably get it. However, I did still enjoy it. Sure, there are parts that really annoy you and the plot is a bit shallow (just my opinion) but at the end of the day, the only thing that matters is fun. Is Resistance 3 fun? Extremely. Expand
  8. Sep 13, 2011
    Resistance 2 is just an average game. I don't know why critics and fans say is soooo great. Of course, it looks nice and ending is cool but single player campaign is extremely repetitive. Story is interesting but AI is still a joke. Not challenging at all. MP is great though. Buy it second hand or rent it.
  9. Sep 11, 2011
    GamingJerk about hit the nail on the head. I am a huge fan of Resistance: FoM (the campaign). I was incredibly disappointed when I played through R2's campaign - silly art style, loss of the environment created by R:FoM, no weapon wheel, scripted bosses, and so on. My purchase of R2 was warranted by only one thing: the 8-player online coop mode. This is the first game to ever get me intoGamingJerk about hit the nail on the head. I am a huge fan of Resistance: FoM (the campaign). I was incredibly disappointed when I played through R2's campaign - silly art style, loss of the environment created by R:FoM, no weapon wheel, scripted bosses, and so on. My purchase of R2 was warranted by only one thing: the 8-player online coop mode. This is the first game to ever get me into online gaming, and only 2 other games have done so since. I was hooked to this. It could've used some improvements for sure, especially support of further downloadable content - namely more levels and missions - but overall it was fantastic. Insomniac had something incredible here. When I heard they weren't including the 8-player coop in R3 I was blown away and confused. The only reason I see for this is laziness. I think Insomniac was ready to be done making exclusives instead of making more money by going multiplat. I think they just wanted to put a sufficient - rather than excellent - effort into this game just to get done with it and move on. Wanting to make more money is somewhat understandable though.

Anyways, I tried to stay positive toward the game during the pre-release phase despite the exclusion of the 8-player coop, and it worked bc I was pumped for this game. Campaigns are what I live for usually anyways. I missed the campaign quality from R:FoM, and from the sound of it R3 was gonna deliver the campaign R2 failed to do. I just played R3 last night, and I must say I'm pretty darn disappointed. The story was fairly boring for the most part; was unbelievable often (spoiler alert - A little tugboat can take 20 rockets from a goliath? Really??); the enemy AI was terrible and scripted; the human AI was just terrible (spoiler-the part where you meet up with the resistance group that has the chopper, and you run into one of the ape enemies...as I ran around for 10 minutes evading ape guy, my "allies" stood in the corner, failing to fire a single bullet, let alone actually move. At one point when I was forced in their direction, I couldn't help but notice that they were all facing the wall. Apparently facing a wall makes you invisible to ape enemies, bc he certainly paid zero attention to anyone but me. Should've tried the wall approach); running feels like a brisk walk; melee is neither fluid nor fast to give you that great feeling of a spray-with-bullets-then-finish-off-with-sweet-melee-to-the-face combination; animations are awful at times (spoiler-the arena when you have the hammer to defend yourself...great example of terrible enemy AI, but also bad animations. Each time you hit an enemy with your hammer it's like some sort of joke how their bodies react. Pinball anyone?); grenade throwing is odd and it seems slow-motion is turned on each time you toss one; and the last thing I can think of is the sound - sound either didn't occur or was delayed many, many times when it was supposed to (example: major explosion without the occurrence of explosion sounds), making for majorly anticlimactic moments (maybe it was my ps3 though?). The only thing I found myself truly enjoying about R3 was the shooting and the ability to upgrade your weapons. I liked this added feature a lot, and it was the only thing that kept me playing.

Anyways, my goal isn't to bash R3 or Insomniac. Im incredibly disappointed though bc I wanted so badly to have the excellence of R:FoM's campaign (and R2's 8-player coop) continued and expanded upon. It killed me when I saw how poor R3 was selling (preorders), but after playing it I don't blame ps3 owners for not lining up at the door to purchase it. There's just not really much to tempt anyone to buy R3 over any other game. I love you Insomniac, so please redeem yourself by going 110% on all of your games in the future. And if you want sales, load your game with content rather than cutting back on it.

As a standalone game I would give R3 a 7.5. When comparing it to my expectations due to my love for the series, I would give it between a 5-6.5. I'll be nice and give it a 7.
  10. Feb 26, 2012
    Once again, an average game. Nothing that makes it unique. Bland story made worse by average characters. Not very engaging. Better than its predecessor. This game can be fun, if you're really bored I mean. Overrated, nothing sparkles. Would not recommend this game. The ending was not satisfying, and I felt ripped off. Resistance is nothing special, end of story.
  11. Sep 17, 2011
    Aside from Uncharted 3, my most anticipated game this year was Resistance 3, which is why I pre-ordered it. I can say that I absolutely loved the single player campaign, but once I had finished the game I decided to go play some Team Death Match. Well game after game all I experienced was lag and micro-stutter. To make matters worse, the game play feels flat, and has nowhere near the " funAside from Uncharted 3, my most anticipated game this year was Resistance 3, which is why I pre-ordered it. I can say that I absolutely loved the single player campaign, but once I had finished the game I decided to go play some Team Death Match. Well game after game all I experienced was lag and micro-stutter. To make matters worse, the game play feels flat, and has nowhere near the " fun factor" as Resistance 2 did. So I'm sitting there thinking that I could deal with a crappy multi-player game as long as the co-op is good.......so I go to play some co-op and guess what?....theres no matchmaking for co-op or even a server browser, so if none of your friends are playing the game, then you can't play co-op. For the life of me I can't understand why they would go from such a fun, smooth and accessible experience in Resistance 2, to a mess like this in Resistance 3. I'm incredibly disappointed with this game. Now since i really liked the single player campaign I gave this game a 6/10, but what they did to the multiplayer aspect of the game is inexcusable. I've seen some user reviews of people saying that Metacritic is being trolled by 360 fans, but the truth of the matter is that if you are a true fan of this series, then you should not be afraid to tell Insomniac about what your true feelings are towards this game. I was a massive fan of all Socom games on PS2, and this year Zipper released Socom 4 which was an abomination to the Socom series, and yet there were people trying to defend the game even though Zipper took everything out of the game that makes Socom unique to everything else out there. Get over it, Resistance fans got the shaft this time around. Expand
  12. Sep 12, 2011
    Just completed the game a few minutes ago, playing in full 3d with the ACER 27 inch monitor. I wanted to add a few comments about the technical side of the 3d. I'm well antiquated with 3d, as I've been playing around with it since Nvidia's 3Dvision came out.

First gripe is that the cinematics don't look very good in stereo 3d. Either they are conversions . . . or the convergence is set so low that everything is just flat. Also the frame-rate is really low with 3d enabled. It doesn't feel like it ever really hits 30fps, and it's usually more like 15. The resolution is also extremely low, 500 lines at the most. Resistance also suffers from some pretty terrible ghosting, which I don't think is due to my monitor (it plays pc 3d games with no ghosting whatsoever). It may be due to the low frame-rate not quite lining up with the 3d glasses. Finally, most of the iron-site cursors are not in 3d, making it difficult to aim while zoomed.

There are some good things to say about the 3d as well :) There are no rendering errors (aside from the ghosting) and the cursor floats out in front of you as it should. Also, the 3d effect is nice and strong once you max it out in the menu. Resistance also sports a really nice convergence trick. As you walk toward objects in a 3dVision game, you often get really horrific errors like objects that are attempting to render themselves inside your head or behind you. Also, you get objects that will render on top of or inside of one another. This really hurts the eyes. Resistance solves this issue by subtly altering the convergence of the 3d effect, so as you walk toward something it never actually pops out of the screen or touches your gun. This may sound like kind of a bummer, but in practice it really reduces eye strain.

As a shooter, Resistance is above average, but only just. The guns are the real shinning star of the game, but the low framerates leave the encounters feeling a little squishy for my tastes. Pacing is excellent, very reminiscent of Half-Life 2. Art and design are both fantastic; however, the story and acting fall flat. It has my recommendation, provided you don't expect too much out of it.
  13. Sep 16, 2011
    Wow, what can I say? As a big Resistance fan I feel like I got shafted with R3. First of all it's extremely short, it took me about 5 hours to complete if that. I got it yesterday, played a bit, then play for a bit more today and I'm done. I don't care much about mulitplayer although I used to play it in R2, it's sad to see the scale reduced and the wow dungeon style co-op removed though.Wow, what can I say? As a big Resistance fan I feel like I got shafted with R3. First of all it's extremely short, it took me about 5 hours to complete if that. I got it yesterday, played a bit, then play for a bit more today and I'm done. I don't care much about mulitplayer although I used to play it in R2, it's sad to see the scale reduced and the wow dungeon style co-op removed though. The graphics are nice although the colours are stupidly dark and the texture contrast makes the game hard to read, the designs are neat and tidy and the feeling of fighnting in a lost war is still overwhelming. As far as the action goes, it seems to me like all the truly epic moments are only there for you to watch and happen as a part of scenery again in contrast to R2, I'm really sad to see the series I love so much in this state. As it is R3 is more of a PSN or Platinum material... Let me put it this way I was expecting competition to Uncharted 3 in FPS form, I got... hmmmm It's a bit like Project Snowblind vs the original Deus Ex. Now one last remark, as far as I rember from various interviews most of these changes have been made to accomodate R1 fans who didn't like R2, but I don't see too many of those anymore. Goes to show devs should focus on designing not on listening to whinging kids on the internet. R3 sadly became the proof of why games shouldn't be designed for the lowest common denominator in gamer populace. Expand
  14. Sep 6, 2011
    I rented this and purchased Dead Island and at first thought I made a bad decision but the more I play this the more I want to keep playing Dead Island. The game is not bad at all but it's the same old thing I've already played countless times before. So far this is just your standard FPS. I am about a quarter of the way through it and I'm growing bored to the point that I might not evenI rented this and purchased Dead Island and at first thought I made a bad decision but the more I play this the more I want to keep playing Dead Island. The game is not bad at all but it's the same old thing I've already played countless times before. So far this is just your standard FPS. I am about a quarter of the way through it and I'm growing bored to the point that I might not even finish it. I just keep going back to Dead Island because it's something new and different and the co-op is awesome. All I can say for this is guns are pretty cool and the levels/graphics are solid. It's fun but nothing you haven't seen at least a dozen times already. Expand
  15. Sep 9, 2011
    As a huge fan of Resistance 1 and 2 I would like to offer a word of advice to those on the fence--this is a crippled sequel lacking many of the unique and innovative qualities that help Resistance stand at (or near) the front of the line of console shooters!

Story-- I would like to say, "What story?" and leave it at that--but it probably wouldn't help anyone. The first 2 Resistance games

Story--
    I would like to say, "What story?" and leave it at that--but it probably wouldn't help anyone. The first 2 Resistance games are more about the alien invasion than the main character Hale--kind of like Predator and Alien. Each game took us deeper into the Chimeran world and way of thinking. Not R3. You gain little to no new information about the Chimeran race. If anything, you gain more questions and they're not provoking enough to warrant answers.

They attempt a more "personal" story about a man conflicted between being with his family and saving the human race from inevitable destruction. I mean, I think that's what they're going for. Really, it's just a bunch of melodramatic "We have to find the power cell to get to New York" junk that couldn't keep a five year-old entertained. Half the dialog is, "Open that door."

The ending is horribly anti-climatic. I think something "big" happened, but since the game felt so small the entire time I hardly noticed. As a matter of fact--I'm not so sure we accomplished what we set out to do. If Resistance 1 and 2 are to be considered Books in the epic saga that is Resistance, than R3 is a 32 page comic book subplot that we'd all be better off not reading.

Graphics--
    There's definitely some interesting effects going on here but the camera is too "zoomed" in to make your environment manageable. I often got lost in small rooms because I couldn't get a wide enough view to grasp my surroundings. It's not a big problem unless you play two player--where the screen is already cropped. Ultimately, this game isn't the prettiest nor the ugliest. Gameplay--
    The game is practically glitch free. I say that because it's not really impressive. It's a shooter and that's it. You run to this room--shoot everything there. Run to the next room--shoot everything there. This would be fine if each room offered unique and interesting gunfights like Resistance 2 but most the time it's pretty standard. Also, half the game is just walking in areas void of enemies or objectives. I think these were supposed to be moments for us to take in the post-apocalyptic, 1950s USA--but it really just reminded me how little this game has to offer. The first two levels of Resistance 2 had more interesting fights and situations than R3's entire campaign mode.

And what about bosses? Sure, they weren't wildly innovative in R2 but they were interesting enough to warrant inclusion. If I remember correctly, there's only 2 real boss fights in R3 and they're against the same creature.

Multiplayer--
    Honestly, I only played for about five minutes. Seeing as I'm a huge fan of Battlefield I'm not sure how simple 8-on-8 is going to keep my attention. But my complaint is not what this online multiplayer is like--it's what it's lacking. Notably the 8-player co-op mode from Resistance 2. Maybe you didn't like it but I loved it. If you're fan of Left 4 Dead or Borderlands--like myself--than surely you can appreciate the added value of having such a mode with this game. I was quite shocked they excluded it as it was the primary feature I was looking forward to. Then I saw Insomniac's teaser trailer for their multiplatform game. It happens to be a class-based, co-op shooter very much inspired by what they did in R2. That's not very nice Insomniac.

Ultimately I feel cheated. This is one of the few sequels I've seen that so heavily scrapped features that were popular and successful in previous iterations. It appears Insomniac trusted dedicated fans to blindly purchase this game--almost like Guitar Hero sequel--while resources were focused on their new IP. If you're not convinced by me at least rent before you buy. Don't worry about the online pass as it's hardly worth the free code that comes with a new copy.

This is the last Insomniac game I'll buy. Maybe Sony will give the franchise to Ready at Dawn??
  16. Sep 12, 2011
    Brings nothing new to the table. The single player campaign kept reminding me of other shooters. Too often i had the feeling: "this feels like Gears of War." "this area is like Half-Life" "this reminds me of Crysis" "these weapons are like bioshock or fallout" "This scene is reminiscent of Call of Duty." The gameplay is entertaining, if a bit flat. However, it is a bit broken, and youBrings nothing new to the table. The single player campaign kept reminding me of other shooters. Too often i had the feeling: "this feels like Gears of War." "this area is like Half-Life" "this reminds me of Crysis" "these weapons are like bioshock or fallout" "This scene is reminiscent of Call of Duty." The gameplay is entertaining, if a bit flat. However, it is a bit broken, and you will run into a handful of amusing glitches. No game breaking moments for me, but you may need to reload if the glitch is bad enough.

The story is sub par, unfortunately. The characters are whiny and uninteresting. The plot is cut and paste alien invasion sci-fi. On the plus side, the fact that the protagonist is married with a son is interesting. You don't often see a family man in games.

Do you need a somewhat entertaining diversion this weekend? Rent or borrow it. I'm glad I did.
  17. Sep 8, 2011
    A mediocre FPS that desperately wants to be Half-Life 2.This game fails to inspire on all counts.Graphics,sound and story are all dull.Enemies are among the most forgettable I've ever seen.Played Blacksite or Quake?Then you've seen these baddies before.The weapons are average at best.A good length campaign and fairly tight controls can't save this disappoinment from being binned.
  18. Oct 29, 2011
    Resistance 3 reeks of mediocrity. I beat part 1 and 2 and enjoyed them at the time of release. Maybe I was expecting too much, but usually PS3 exclusives are high-quality games. It was average in every way. Average graphics, sound, and average enemy AI. If you're a hardcore Resistance fan then pick it up, if not, wait til it's in the bargain bin.
  19. Oct 8, 2011
    Underwhelming for a franchise. Outdated in this day of filmic FPS games. Not the worst game of the year, but a fairly limp way to end the Trilogy. Graphics left much to the imagination.
  20. Oct 12, 2011
    I only started playing yesterday and so far it great. Not a great leap in FPS games but it seems pretty decent so far. If you played the first two resistance games, it will take you some time before you get used to not regenerating your health, and the AI is abit more amped so they don't just stand there and let you hit them. Im enjoying it so far, will update the review later
  21. Oct 5, 2011
    I dont know what it was about the first title but neither of the followups could match them. I do admit this one is much better than the second one and that it is still fun as a FPS fan but dont expect to go to bed thinking about the next time your going to get to play. Graphics were average as well as the story. Epicness does not resonate within this game. I would recommend this gameI dont know what it was about the first title but neither of the followups could match them. I do admit this one is much better than the second one and that it is still fun as a FPS fan but dont expect to go to bed thinking about the next time your going to get to play. Graphics were average as well as the story. Epicness does not resonate within this game. I would recommend this game to FPS fans who dont have anything else on their list. Expand
  22. Apr 27, 2012
    I love me some single player FPSes, and couldn't really care less about multiplayer. This game is a decent example of single player campaigns done right. The story is decent, well-acted, and there are some pretty frantic moments. The graphics are good, all your favorite guns return (along with the leveling up aspect, which is cool), and for the most part the missions are engaging. WhatI love me some single player FPSes, and couldn't really care less about multiplayer. This game is a decent example of single player campaigns done right. The story is decent, well-acted, and there are some pretty frantic moments. The graphics are good, all your favorite guns return (along with the leveling up aspect, which is cool), and for the most part the missions are engaging. What killed this game (for me) though are a few things: ***BUGS! I have never seen a console game with this many bugs. If you do not run the game (skip updating) and install the data to the drive BEFORE downloading the patch, then your data will corrupt, wasting hours of download/install time, as well as 30 minutes waiting while the corrupt data gets deleted. On top of that, it freezes A LOT. Literally after an hour or two of playing it would freeze. That's how I decided when I was done playing for the day. Unacceptably buggy. I regularly play other PS3 games, and NONE of them have ever frozen. ***Lame shooter cliches. It seems like every FPS ever includes an "escort" (aka 'I'm gonna run out into direct fire. SAVE ME!') mission, which are never ever ever EVER fun. I have never played one that didn't annoy me. Also, the later missions are like the last few minutes in a basketball game: progress is SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW. Move 10 feet, shoot seemingly endlessly-respawning baddies for 5 minutes, move 20 feet, shoot for another 5 minutes, repeat ad naseum. I actually never finished the game because the last mission became such a tedious chore. I don't play games to beat them, I play games to have fun. Bottom line: I'm glad I rented this through Gamefly, since I doubt I'd ever put it in my PS3 again. There are so many great games out there, why would I waste an extra second on a mediocre one? They added co-op back in though. That's cool. Expand
  23. Jul 8, 2012
    This game will forever be known for all the awesome guns it brought to the table. Guns that shoot through walls, guns that shoot bullets that follow the target, this game was fairly innovative in that department. Unfortunately it took a bit of a downward spiral in the story and character department with 3. The story was never great, nor were the characters. However, 3 really disappointedThis game will forever be known for all the awesome guns it brought to the table. Guns that shoot through walls, guns that shoot bullets that follow the target, this game was fairly innovative in that department. Unfortunately it took a bit of a downward spiral in the story and character department with 3. The story was never great, nor were the characters. However, 3 really disappointed me, in fact, the whole series disappointed me with the fact the games are set in the 1950s, but you would never know that seeing all the futuristic weaponry floating around. They could have done something unique with the setting but they blew that opportunity back in the first one. The game is fairly fun though and the multiplayer is really nice. It's not on the level of a recent CoD game but it gets the job done. I bought this game for 10 bucks, which was a steal. Even still, I'm seeing it around 30 bucks everywhere I look and the game is worth buying at that price. Pick it up if your looking for a different shooter to pass the time till something better comes out later this year. Expand
  24. May 28, 2012
    game is okay, not really fun in my opinion.
  25. Oct 3, 2012
    I really liked the first resistance game and R2 although the story mode stunk had a really fun online mode atleast . with Resistance 3 i was hoping we would get the perfect game and devs would figure this game out. well they got the carry multiple wepons part done right atleast. the story just didn't feel like much also no giant cool boss fights??? that for sure should have been put inI really liked the first resistance game and R2 although the story mode stunk had a really fun online mode atleast . with Resistance 3 i was hoping we would get the perfect game and devs would figure this game out. well they got the carry multiple wepons part done right atleast. the story just didn't feel like much also no giant cool boss fights??? that for sure should have been put in this game . The great online experiance the resistance had shown us it could be in number 2 now just feels like more of a shell of its former self . R3 is a ok game but for the third in the series it should be taking this series to a new level and instead it feels more like we are back more at the starting line . Expand
  26. May 17, 2013
    Resistance 3 is OK. It's plot is fine but nothing special. The graphics are quite drab but fit the world well. Some of the weapons are kooky and unique but none of them are particularly satisfying. The combat is mostly decent but also extremely generic. The multiplayer is fun for a short time but doesn't have the legs for sustained play. As you've probably guessed by now, I thinkResistance 3 is OK. It's plot is fine but nothing special. The graphics are quite drab but fit the world well. Some of the weapons are kooky and unique but none of them are particularly satisfying. The combat is mostly decent but also extremely generic. The multiplayer is fun for a short time but doesn't have the legs for sustained play. As you've probably guessed by now, I think Resistance 3 is a pretty mediocre FPS. The only thing it gets unequivocally right is the online co-op... And the odd occasional boss fight (with old school weak points! Yay!). That's enough to just about save Resistance 3 from the scrap-pile, but it's a close call. Expand
  27. Oct 28, 2012
    As much an improvement over R2 as R2 was over R1, a pleasure to play and much, much better than its "only on PlayStation" contemporary (Killzone). Weapons and enemies are imaginative and varied (as well as familiar) and a pleasure to encounter, even the huge (awesome) boss creatures. Setting and art style are unique and detailed. Great stuff all around.
  28. Jun 27, 2012
    A very solid shooter but the generic online really made it a step down from the previous ones in the series. Still an interesting story which shows that this series still has potential to continue, each game feels completely different from the last which should stop it getting stale.
  29. Oct 22, 2011
    Honestly, I'v never been really impressed by the Resistance series that much. I've always thought of them as just good games. Nothing amazing, or great. It's just seems like they're trying to compare to other amazing si-fi shooters like Halo, Gears of War, Mass Effect, Dead Space, etc. And they just really don't compare at all. Don't get me wrong, I think they're good games, and I likeHonestly, I'v never been really impressed by the Resistance series that much. I've always thought of them as just good games. Nothing amazing, or great. It's just seems like they're trying to compare to other amazing si-fi shooters like Halo, Gears of War, Mass Effect, Dead Space, etc. And they just really don't compare at all. Don't get me wrong, I think they're good games, and I like them. It's just that they could be much better. I like the plot for the series, but I don't like how Insomniac tells the story. It just could be told so much better. Anyways, putting all of that aside. Resistance 3 does stand out to be the best Resistance game yet. With the great looking new HD graphics, Resistance has never looked better. Gameplay also feels improved and much smoother. The story did have more emotion to it, which is good. It's nice to actually want to feel something for these characters.

Although campaign is my strong point in any game, the multiplayer is pretty much as good as it gets. Fans may be disappointed that the amount of players in a match have lowered from 60 to 16 players, but it's still the same fun experience.

So all around, Resistance 3 is a good game, but does not stand out to many of the other great titles this year. Don't see it being nominated for any "Game of the Year" awards. However, this is just my opinion.
  30. Oct 25, 2012
    Again, this game only improved the graphics. The theme is different this time, no more military theme, more like a post-apocalypse theme. Nothing is really good, the whole thing actually quite cliche with generic story and generic characters. No boss fights, only swarm of enemies. This game is only for the series' fans, and also for FPS hardcore.
  31. Apr 9, 2013
    It was alright. Nothing especial.

I was expecting more of a immersive game, but got disappointed with the several shootout the game put me in. But again, I normally do not like the FPS genre, and this probably messed with my judgment. The prison segment was my favorite. It did got me a little uncomfortable. If the entire game followed that concept, I'd like it more. In the end got
    It was alright. Nothing especial.

In the end got disappointed with the """boss""" fight and the most anti climax ending ever. Seriously, no.
  32. May 30, 2014
    I've yet to play the second game in the Resistance series, though the differences between Resistance 3 and the original are quite horrendous. It's as if Sony wanted Insomniac Games to make this series into a casual based series like the Call of Duty and Battlefield franchises. While the game isn't terrible, it's average at best, and average in length at best. Some first-person shootersI've yet to play the second game in the Resistance series, though the differences between Resistance 3 and the original are quite horrendous. It's as if Sony wanted Insomniac Games to make this series into a casual based series like the Call of Duty and Battlefield franchises. While the game isn't terrible, it's average at best, and average in length at best. Some first-person shooters only contain a four hour single-player campaign, Resistance 3 at most is a seven hour game...which is awful considering the amount of hand holding and moments which completely lack action and focus on a cliche story with cliche narrative and characters which nobody will ever end up caring about. Expand
  33. May 18, 2014
    Resistance 3 is a fun first person shooter but does nothing to really differentiate itself from the competition. The story gives a decent end to the resistance series but does nothing more than that. Upgrading weapons by using them is great because it forces the player to use their entire arsenal and doesn't waste momentum by making you go through a upgrade screen. At the end of the dayResistance 3 is a fun first person shooter but does nothing to really differentiate itself from the competition. The story gives a decent end to the resistance series but does nothing more than that. Upgrading weapons by using them is great because it forces the player to use their entire arsenal and doesn't waste momentum by making you go through a upgrade screen. At the end of the day Resistance 3 doesn't feature much replayability but that is okay because you have a good experience the first time around and the game is available for dirt cheap these days. Expand

1. Mar 12, 2012
    They say the show must go on and in the Resistance world there are still questions to be answered, but the disappointing nature of this third instalment and its failure to deliver at retail most likely means this is the last release in the series. Perhaps such an end is the best option all round.
  2. Dec 19, 2011
    Resistance 3 does plenty. It's beautiful, thrilling, and-quite unexpectedly-contains one of the most memorable campaigns this side of Halo and Half-Life. In a year full of Sony-branded disappointments, Insomniac has produced an absolute gem.
  3. Dec 16, 2011
    As a conclusion to the franchise (no doubt pending an awkwardly justified fourth game and spin-offs), Resistance 3 manages to send it off as gracefully as possible.