• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Nov 14, 2006
8.1

1. Feb 26, 2012
    This game was decent. Fun, but not very appealing. When it first came out it seemed pretty cool, then slowly grew boring and dull. Story just seemed disappointing. Wouldn't recommend it.
  2. Jul 10, 2011
    In my fun factor, Resistance is like a rival for Gears of War, i had fun but not blown away. The story is nice, the arsenal weapons are in a large scale. Strong title for the PS3 and also the Halo for the PS3, i;m happy that Sony created a good rival.
  3. Sep 26, 2011
    Auger is the worst weapon idea ever created. Everything about this game (story, gameplay, graphics, sounds/music) felt dated and poorly done even for 2006.
  4. Aug 27, 2011
    Graphics are ok but overall game seems repetitive. AI is a joke, not a great game I guess. Played just the demo though. However, I'll definitely sequel seems much better. Maybe I'll buy the special edition that comes with both games just in case, apparently multiplayer is awesome.... ya right!
  5. Jan 26, 2012
    This game is definitely one of the best fps games I've ever played. Right up there with Halo,Bioshock,Doom, and Medal of honor witch are my favorite fps franchises. Resistance has a huge place in history. Despite graphics not at its best. It was a great game.
  6. Aug 11, 2010
    Whilst it adds entirely nothing new in terms of gameplay mechanics - what do you expect from a genre so unambiguously entitled 'FPS'? - the overriding notion of the impending desolation of Earth is as refreshing as the genuinely hopeless fight through a ruined United Kingdom. Bonus points for pissing off the Church of England with its Manchester Cathedral scene (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/6736809.stm). Expand
  7. Sep 27, 2010
    the first game i got for my PS3 was this game. its a very fun FPS game thats fairly long compared to most about 10-12 hours. the gun selection is insane you get around 18 guns and 5 differnt granade types some like the backlash grenade are just sick idea's and are cool to use. i like the fact you are not limeted to just a few guns which has become the current trend in alot of FPS games . i love carrying a arsenal into battle with me . the story is fairly intresting but will leave you with some question marks . the graphics are ok they are not mind blowing but this is a PS3 launch game. the enimy AI is pretty smart they will ducj and dive for cover or out of the way of your grenades . yjeu will try and suppress you and rush or come at you guns a blazing . the best way you can describe this game is it takes all the cool things done in fps games and hybrids them into one game. that being said its also one of the flaws the game is alot of fun but theres nothing really that seperates it from any thing els . the online also did nothing for me i played it for a few jours and felt no reason to do it again . the story mode was alot of fun though played through it a few times and enjoyed it. Expand
  8. Aug 27, 2010
    It was a pretty generic game and felt pretty damn unpolished in terms of gameplay and mechanics. The story was pretty interesting and the campaign is pretty long, but the narrative made playing the game a painfully long experience. As mentioned, the gameplay is generic and very repetitive, compounded with the poor narrative makes the single player experience tolerable for about 3 hours. As for multiplayer, I had not played it, so I cannot comment on that. Expand
  9. Sep 19, 2010
    Resistance Fall of Man (RES) is a good game, no doubt. Above all the features online are perfects, no track of lag or problem. If you play with your friends, RES will conquer you. But the campaign isn't so good as the online: the checkpoints are very very distant and the story doesn't appear so intriguing. But, all things considered, we are talking about a good game.
  10. Oct 19, 2010
    Fantastic game. The single player creates a great story that gives you the sense you are fighting a war you cannot win. However, the game really earns this score due to it's expansive multiplayer. Very balanced gameplay with a large variety of great maps and fun weapons make the online a great experience.
  11. Jan 27, 2012
    Even though this game is six years old it still manages to hold it's own against other newer shooters, and that's saying a lot, the graphics do show age but the sound design is still fantastic, and the controls are tight and feel great, you can still find matches online but honestly I didn't find the multiplayer all that enjoyable but hey at least it's still got it, and the fact that people still play it says something about how popular of a game this is, the best part of the game and the reason you should buy this is for the phenomenal campaign, while the story or characters aren't all that interesting or great, the set pieces are, and it reminds me of older shooters like Doom 3 in the way it manages to be a challenge without ever really feeling overly difficult, maybe a little frustrating in one or two parts but it never felt like the game was trying to work against me, and it helps that they give you one of the best FPS arsenals of all time, and checkpoints are generally very forgiving, especially seeing as how you get full health after you respawn at a checkpoint, and it includes two player local co-op, and new weapons are unlocked after you beat the campaign so that adds reason to play through it twice just to try out the new toys, honestly if your a fan of good challenging shooters then this is a must buy, I highly recommend. Expand
  12. Aug 31, 2011
    Can't stand this game. It has co-op, sure. But waiting THIRTY seconds to respawn?? Come-on... And why doesn't health regenerate EVER? Even on easy this game is extremely hard. Probably harder than any other game on PS3 and I have a lot of games.
  13. Apr 12, 2011
    I played this game for the first time in 2011 and i find it still to be one of the best games on the ps3. Users who play this after the likes of Black Ops will surely whinge about how it can't compare, but in all honesty this game is brilliant. One of the best campaign's ever, cannot wait to play resistance 2 and then 3!
  14. Mar 13, 2011
    this game was pretty good when i played it the first time though but is a chore to go through again and good graphics cant make up for the lack of replay value and there is no one online with this game any more so there is no point in buying it. borrow from a friend or rent it
  15. Jun 17, 2011
    Good concept and storyline but it's a case of been there done that. Nothing new in this game to separate it from the rest. Worth a play through but wouldn't be going back for more.
  16. Oct 6, 2011
    Granted, this is a launch title and it's now 2011, and we've been spoiled with call of duty and the like, but I found this to be worthy of a 5/10. I won't hate on the story, its the reason I bought it, I love the alternate history stuff. Its the GAMEPLAY. Horrible. Felt cartoonish, slow moving enemy bullets, poor AI animation, useless friendly AI. At no point did I get sucked in, the gunplay was too bad. In COD or nearly any other fps, you get sucked in and forget you're holding a controller. Not here. Ruined a good idea with a VERY mediocre game. :-[ I will play through the rest to play the sequels because I love the idea of this universe so much. Hope the sequels are better. MUCH better. Expand
  17. Dec 18, 2013
    Good fps, has some character to it, looks more then decent and it's fun to use all the different weapons on the variety of enemies. I don't play a lof of fps's but this played well and the controls were good. I liked the healing system as well.
  18. Dec 21, 2013
    I recently completed this game as of the end of 2013. Despite this being an old game, I had a lot of fun playing it. This series has the most unique weapons that are just fun to play with. The guns in other shooters are all the same, so this is a pleasant change of pace.

I really got into the whole universe created here.. I always enjoy a good alternate universe story. The story was a
    little hard to follow though, and the game dragged on longer than it probably should have. Those are my only gripes with the game though.. All other aspects are well done including graphics and sound. Overall I highly recommend. Expand
  19. Nov 1, 2011
    Game is pretty darn good. One of the exclusives that PS3 fanboys got to get. What else can I say about this game? A lot. Like what? Well, to make an essay short. This game offers the creeps and the humor. It doesn't care whether the jokes or scare factors are uncalled for, it'll give you the run of your life. Look back on it, say you enjoyed it and move on to the next level. Amazing. You cannot give this game a shrug because you will regret it. The multiplayer is a blast! I repeat, a blast! Since its on the PS3's online network, which consists of a much more mature and grown-up audience, not to mention most Resistance players derive from Europe, there are no trollers. And we all hate trolls, whether you are a troll yourself or not. The campaign and multiplayer is a dual combo that will leave you playing this game for weeks. Maybe months. Maybe years, well that is until its sequel comes out. Until then, this game is the game to play! Expand
  20. May 31, 2012
    8.5 - Resistance is a fine FPS with a wonderful sense of scope. Playing for the first time almost 6 years after it's release, I finally understand the excitement revolving around the game. Great voice acting, fair character animations, and an intriguing (if unexplored) world and fiction. A fairly strong sense of pacing keeps this game from getting too dull, as some parts remind of the great Half Life 2. The incredible, versatile, and creative arsenal that you have at your disposal is a blast to play around with. Resistance truly gives the player tools of destruction to blast quickly through hoards of enemies, making each encounter blisteringly fast paced instead of a dull and boring. The most commendable feature of Resistance is the art direction. Aside from the surprisingly sharp graphics (that trump some games of today), the looming Chimeran structures in the distance and the incredible amounts of detail gone into the creatures and world itself is truly astounding. Browns, greys, and blacks fill the color pallet, but I only feel that this is frowned upon due to playing so many other "brown FPS" games in recent years. Insomniac has some brilliantly creative minds. There are times when Resistance begins to tear at the seams, and difficulty spikes near the end prove frustrating and cheap, but Resistance: Fall of Man is a highly polished and exciting FPS that delivers all the intensity, intrigue, and chaos of a top tier FPS. And it's so cheap now, it's almost a crime not to give it a try! Expand
  21. Nov 11, 2011
    Great game, however it borrows some ideas from half-life. Not a bad thing, because half-life is great, as is half-life 2. This game is fun to play with lots of interesting enemies and weapons. The mulitplayer is fun but it is fairly generic. Co-op is good, but not top notch and is only good for 1 playthrough. Lack of motion controls hinders you from experiencing the intensity of the firefights, and lack of trophy support gives it slightly less replay value. Expand
  22. Jul 21, 2012
    This game was decent, it has no unique story, no special weapons, no cool cut scenes, no great graphics, no nothing special. Seriously, it is not a good game nor a bad one. If you can, just rent the game, finish it and return it. It is short.
  23. Oct 18, 2014
    Gritty, disturbing sci-fi retro themed FPS shooter with an interesting IP and some decent local co-op campaign gameplay. One of the best exclusive series on the PS3 on par with Killzone.
  24. Sep 10, 2014
    Meh. Repetitive, just another mindless shootemup. The story was interesting at first, but became stale as the story progresses. The weapons were meh, the enemies were meh. The gameplay was ok, but nothing special. The lack of online for resistance has stopped me from buying future iterations of this franchise. Shame, the online looks great from what I've seen on youtube, it would've saved this game from being below average and scored a 7 or even an 8 from me, but nope, no online. Expand
  25. May 28, 2012
    This game was okay ,nothing special.
  26. Mar 25, 2013
    10-Presentation; The plot, setting, and characters are a success.
    10-Graphics; The art style may lack variety, but everything is so well done.
    8.5-Sound; Music is hit or miss, but the voice acting and sound effects are excellent.
    10-Game play; The levels, controls, mechanics, and AI are excellent.
    10-Lasting value; There's co-op, 16 hour campaign, 40 player multiplayer, tons of weapons
    and modes, and tons to unlock.
    Overall-10/10
  27. Nov 13, 2012
    Pretty generic and can be a little frustrating at times but overall it's a pretty decent experience. Graphics shine when in and around chimera structures, otherwise, they can look pretty bland and ugly. Guns are the highlight of this game and enemy AI are surprisingly smart. At a 8$ price tag, i recommend it.
  28. Jan 22, 2014
    Resistance has the best and most fascinating alternate history setting I know. Resistance Fall of Man is a very good game, and about the only game that revolves around Human-alien war which is something I really like and I really like science fiction, there is no other game that portrays war in Britain, and more importantly, there is no other game that realistically features Human fighting against aliens and that is something I really like.

The story is fantastic and well imagined, and there is a big alternate history background to it, the Russian Revolution fails so there is no Communism or Soviet Union, the first World War plays out differently and so World War II never happened. Also, Russia closes it's borders in 1921 and is still an empire; still ruled by Tsar as the aliens take over the massive country and there are a load of other historical changes as well. You should read the whole fictional history on Resistance Wiki.

The story is narrated by a female soldier called Rachel Parker, telling you about what's happening, what goes on and what happened, and you get to see photos of events shown in no colour, making it look more realistic, of course they are a bit too blurred and unclear though.

The weapons are very good, and there are skill-points similar to Ratchet & Clank, it's just stupid that Insomniac didn't do any trophies to this game. The NPC soldiers beside you are OK... depending on the difficulty and there are times where they are terrible and barely fight the aliens which does bring down the game at times, and there are times where they fight and kill the enemies. I just don't understand why people can make up smart enemies but not NPC allies around you.

The story in this game in single player is about Europe being invaded and overrun by frightening aliens and eventually invading Britain, and they came out of Russia. The US and British forces come together to fight off and drive the Chimera out of Britain. You are Nathan Hale and you partake in the fight for Britain as you fight along soldiers or alone a lot of the time.

As for the multiplayer, I never went online on the Ps3 until recently and I like it so much, sadly, because this is an old game, nobody plays it and when I get into servers, whoever makes up the server puts on stupid settings like 1 shot kill and takes away much of the weapons, I don't understand why they want to do that, whoever hosts the games. They are custom and not ranked though, you can't get any ranked games now. Playing 40 player battles would be enjoyable, but it's too late for that now. But I am not judging or rating this game by today's standards.

This game has a very good feel to me and an engaging story which may leave you with questions such as how this all happened, what happens to Britain and western Europe after, what happened to Europe during the invasion and what happened to Russia. I just absolutely wish Resistance was made in this generation, right now, rather than 7 years ago, I would love this game to have really realistic graphics like other games, and much better A.I. Resistance is not flawless, but it has a fantastic setup, but sadly, its sequels were poorly handled and has lots of problems.
  29. Feb 10, 2013
    Short version: one of the greatest games of all time!

Long version:
    The alternate-history storyline was really good and imaginative, and the color palette really made me feel like I was in WW2-era Europe. The weapons were a great mix of realistic and over-the-top sci-fi, and great fun to shoot. The enemy designs were awesome, and the level design was greatly varied to keep things
    interesting: some were very battle-action-oriented, and others were more creepy and tense. Then the developers made a great game into a super-awesome game by including unlimited weapons, vehicle segments, health packs, split-screen co-op (rare these days), and 4-way split-screen multiplayer (ultra-rare). And the soundtrack is excellent and fits the game perfectly with its militaristic sci-fi vibe! This is the game that got me back into FPS gaming. Expand
  30. Jun 8, 2013
    This game is funny and I mean that in its hard to think of the reason why its getting a 6/10. It has all the ideas for a great shooter and in many places it is and its alot of fun. The Chimera are a good enemy idea and can occasionally give you a jump plus the weapons are creative aswell. The story is ok but not brilliant but the biggest let down is probably just some sections of the game which are sort of boring I suppose. Nathan Hale isn't very interesting here and some levels aren't designed well. A good game but not brilliant Expand
  31. Jan 22, 2014

From start to finish, Fall of Man is one hell of an outstanding roller coaster ride that every last PS3 owner needs for day one...Above all else, it's the multiplayer elements that truly ascend this one to the next level. It's a must have for sure.
  2. When you kill an enemy it doesn't disappear and when you blow up part of the near fully destructible environments the pieces don't go away either. The obvious power of the PS3 and the masterful coding work of the developers let everything stay on screen all the time while never taking a frame hit. This is an incredible accomplishment for a launch game on any system. [JPN Import]
    Resistance falls a little short of being the hoped-for "Halo-killer," but with a package that would be considered complete by any standards, it delivers a launch classic, and it lives up to its billing as the PS3's killer app.