7.7

1. Nov 18, 2011
    awesome game. better than san andreas. wy do the critics score this so low? not as good as skyrim but way more fun than mw3. mw3 is garbage and it gets critical acclaim. hurrah fanboys yoru driving good developers into unprofitability because youd rather fork over the cash to a company who cares only abotu seliing you the same crap year after year cough infinity ward activision cough cough
  2. Nov 15, 2011
    It's been a long time since i have had so much fun. Saint row the third is the sandbox game i was waiting for since GTA san Andreas, all the fun is back !
  3. Nov 15, 2011
    This game is mind blowing! I was on the fence for a very long time with this game but I gave I and now I'm so hooked and living it. I can honestly I haven't had such a fun time in a very long time. This one can't be missed!
  4. Nov 15, 2011
    Wow... just wow. THE most fun i have EVER had in a LONG time! I cannot stress this enough.
    Despite some visual flaws, the overall package is one which you cannot miss.

Lets start by outlining some of its flaw. (Dont worry wont take long)
    Well, the city looks amazing at night time, but at day it seems lifeless and you zoom through a emty street. (Dont expect Liberty City). Anddd thats all
    i can think of.

The game starts with an AMAZING introduction i wont spoil it, but the first few hours have quite a few **** moments. Trust me. The mission design is EXTREMELY varied from taking out gangs to assaulting a pixilated world. (Tanks anyone?)

Character customization is top notch. While having less options than Saints row 2, i felt that it was more streamlined, where it was easier to make decisions.

The overall package is extremely well done. Minigames are waiting to suck up your time when your done with the missions. And I wont say anymore. This game, is a MUST HAVE if you want a fun time.

You cant compare the game's polish to games like GTA, but it stands out among the crowd as the king of the Purple ****
  5. hii
    Nov 15, 2011
    This game is a major stress buster really enjoyable :)
  6. Nov 15, 2011
    Stupendous. A triumph. First off, gameplay. A man cartwheels down a street, urinating as he proceeds. A blimp crushes a crowd of innocent children. Hyenas tear the flesh from expensive prostitutes. Like any fine wine, it only improves with time. The carnage, limited at first, starts off bitter, but becomes (I recommend Hennigan's brand wine, by the way), succulent... still a tad bitter but... succulent. It must be experienced to truly understand.

Onto graphics. The level of detail is staggering. For, example while driving my BMW, I couldn't help but notice a scratch on the paint (probably from a resentful peasant). The game has drivable BMWs as well, but unlike my real life vehicle, they lack any scratches (detailed though they are).

The characters are as interesting as they are varied. A young couple struggles to make ends meet for their autistic child. A portly fellow conceals his kindliness underneath a mask of hatred. A vacationing bear surprises us with a heartrending tale of lost love. They all add up to make the somber world feel lived in, much as an Armani suit expands (ever so slightly) to fit the wearer; a comforting vacancy, as it were.

However, as the story reaches its end, there are gut-wrenching moments. Children should not be allowed to see some of the later scenes of the game, and neither should dogs. I say this only because my poodle urinated spontaneously after watching a scene involving a jackhammer and several rats (there is also a stick of deodorant involved but, alas, I cannot discuss why). All of these elements blend together to make something tasteful- exquisite even. It should not be overlooked, but savored. And enjoyed. Thank you.
  7. Nov 16, 2011
    They've added a lot more and taken some of the good out but it rounds out to be a awesome game. I had Saints Row 2 in my console like 50% of the time. You can always get into this game and do something crazy and stupid that it boggles the mind. Even after beating SR2 I spent hundreds of hours just zooming and running around town and misbehaving. The day one DLC is disheartening and honestly that should be the preorder bonus. I will eventually get the DLC of course but it isn't nice when these game companies try every effort to drain our wallets because they understand our addiction. My excitement for this new installation washes out the disappointment in the DLC issue though. Take the good with the bad. ....and it's very good. Expand
  8. Nov 17, 2011
    Mind blowing game with amazing fun.Thats my first saints game and i am really loving it.At least the game is better than GTA 4 in terms of fun.I bought saints 3 & assassins creed revelations together which is my most favorite game i tried first saints 3 to check out the game play and really the game is not allowing my single minute to chk out assassins creed.I will finish it first and then i l play Assassins creed. Expand
  9. Nov 18, 2011
    Fun, entertaining, addictive and hilarious. Haven't had so much fun with a game in so long. I got the Pre Order Professor Genki with the Manapult and still laugh hard every time I fire pedestrians/gang memebers/cops across the city. Love the diversity in the game. I have been looking forward to this game for months and was not disappointed. The cars handle way better than SR2 and the weapons and upgrades are awesome. Love the way the respect system works and the amount of upgrades you can do to both yourself and the gang. Another thing that has impressed me is that the profanity seems to have been cut down a bit from SR2 and that's great as it did get a bit much for me in SR2. Cannot wait to see what DLC's they bring out for this game either. Has a good size map for you to run around and cause mayhem and loving the activities. Ok so some of the missions are tedious and boring but on the whole once you get past that small handful of missions it is a lot of fun to play and can be at times quite challenging. It's a lot of fun to just sit there running around doing all the different moves bashing the pedestrians. It can be a bit frustrating at time like when you call homies or ask for vehicle delivery and they don't turn up or some of the recovery times from the moves you pull. Overall tho I fully enjoyed this game and hope that if you are a fan of GTA that you will pick this game up and give it a go! So worth it. Expand
  10. Nov 16, 2011
    Crazy fun game, offers an experience I haven't had for a while with a GTA style Sandbox game......FUN!
    Mature topics, adult theme, crazy fun. I appreciate the wide variety of character customization, it's discouraging to see day 1 DLC.
  11. Nov 15, 2011
    The controls are much tighter/better now. Not only is it an outrageous and humorous game, now it is spot on with much better controls! Loving it and will keep me busy over the next few months at a minimum. Will be entertaining to see friends reactions when they come over and check it out....it may alone get them to buy a PS3/Xbox.
  12. Nov 15, 2011
    Game of the Year, GTA on steroids. This game is explosive, fun, and takes gaming to a level we have never seen before. This game is the bad boy of the gaming industry.
  13. Nov 15, 2011
    Finally i played this game and fulfilled my expectations more than i thought. SR The third isn´t probably the best game i played this year but it´s the funniest. With cool and hilarious dialogs and innovated facts that makes my dreams come true. btw.. i played like 4 hours yesterday doing 3 missions and crazy **** and i got like 5% of the game. So i hope it keeps taking this longer. Thanks! Expand
  14. Nov 15, 2011
    This game is simply AWESOME!! First and foremost it's exactly what a game should be: FUN!!! Everything about this game is so over-the-top inappropriate that you just can't help but laugh, even if you are the most up tight f*&#er ever! The gameplay mechanics are rock solid and GTA is nothing more than a faint memory from a past life. GOTY for me personally! MUST BUY!
  15. Nov 16, 2011
    Saints row is amazing. The customization is top notch. This is the best SR yet. The fourth will even better. This is a must buy for hours of fun. The game has 47 story based missions plus another 40+ side missions. The dlc is extra fun for a low price. $20 for three mission pack and nyte blade inspired car motorcycle and outfits. The nyte blade pack comes as soon as you purchase the dlc. The others come during the 2012 year. You also save over 15% percent buying the season pass. 9/10 at least reviewers and gamers giving any less are mistaken. Expand
  16. Nov 18, 2011
    Worthy upgrade frm sr2. Its only gta fanboys who are going to dislike this game. It the best open world experience for me at the moment. Gonna have loads of fun towards 100% completion.
  17. Nov 19, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First of all let me say that it really annoys me that there are intentionally misleading reviews on this site. This game is not "really short" or even moderately short for that matter. My girlfriend has about 30 hours into this game so far an is about 50 percent complete, I am at about 15 hours and I haven't even gotten to the third mission, out of 40, because I've been playing in the sandbox. The claim that there is "day one DLC" is also and out and out lie. THQ is simply allowing fans of the game to save ten dollars by prepurchasing all the DLC now, as opposed to paying ten dollars each time new DLC is released next year. THQ is simply giving gamers the option to purchase up front at a discount. You are perfectly welcome to purchase the DLC al la carte as it is released in the future.

As far as the game itself, it is very engaging and fun to play. There is absolutely no level of realism involved with this title, it is 100 percent over the top 100 percent of the time. From the mollusk launcher to the women in fishnet and g-strings constantly wandering the streets SR3 revels in its absurdity. The game is about being able to do things that we are prevented from in the real world thanks to the laws of physics, the state, and our consciences.

I do have a few problems with the game, I'm not a fan of the new vehicle theft side missions. In previous Saints games you were able to access wish lists at various chop shops located throughout the world. The wish list would give you hints where the vehicles could be found, but you were free to randomly jack a car at any point in the game and deliver it to the chop shop for fun and profit. In SR3 vehicle theft is set up more like the hitman missions in the previous games, where the player is more locked into the side quest.

The final problem I have with SR3 is the character development. I am not happy at all that Gat is dead. I would think that kicking you out of your hometown and stealing all your assets would provide enough impetus to seek revenge on the Morningstar without killing your best friend and second in command. In addition to that what the hell did Volition do to Shaundi? She went from being the adorable, yet promiscuous stoner chick with dreads to some uber bimbo with giant bouncy hair and breast implants. Not cool Volition, not cool at all.

At the end of the day SR3 is well worth playing, despite that they either killed or ruined my two favorite characters. It's fun, engrossing and over the top just like I suspected.
  18. Nov 21, 2011
    This game is serious F.U.N! If it's the mascot-killing mayhem of the Super Ethical Reality Climax to the zany situation of Tiger Escort. Even after completing the missions, it leaves you wanting more and they deliver with more activities to keep you hooked.
  19. Nov 21, 2011
    I hadn't been getting into BF3 and needed a break from the serious shooters, and decided to get this game over skyrim. This game has given me the best experience i have experienced in a LONG time. It was such a great relief to stop playing games where I had to take everything serious for a bit and play a game with mindless fun. Laughs are surprisingly abundant in this game as well. I don't know how many times I couldn't stop laughing. the gameplay feels good, the sound is not important, visuals are very decent. there have been a few glitches here and there, but nothing game breaking. I would highly recommend this game to anyone wanting to escape the monotony of this shooter season. Expand
  20. Nov 21, 2011
    I have been waiting for this game a long time and finally here it is. It runs on a different engine to the previous two and is mostly an improvement over the previous instalment. However there are some things which are absent that really annoy me. For a start, crib customisation has been removed completely and that is a shame as I liked customising it to make it look how I wanted. Also, the icon for gang notoriety is the same for all gangs now; it was different in Saints Row 2. You can no longer phone random numbers, such as the police taxis and fire service. There are also numerous glitches and bugs, none of which have been patched as of yet. These include getting in cars and sinking through the floor resulting in your death and textures on the characters clothing merging with his skin. Apart from these bad things, the game is great fun. It is a lot more fun than the last game, with mad weapons such as Fart in a Jar, a type of stun grenade and the Octopus Cannon, which turns the enemy onto your side. The control scheme is different and better in my opinion. The driving physics are improved and you can now drift around corner a lot easier. Sprinting towards a vehicle and pressing triangle to get in now makes you jump through the window, kicking the occupant out, and there are also many sprint+combat moves. You no longer need respect to play missions as well, which is a big improvement as it could take quite a while to get enough respect in the previous two games. You can now upgrade weapons, for example I have just got incendiary ammo for my dual pistols. You can level up yourself in the phone(which has also undergone a big change) giving you perks such as faster reloading. You get cash from owning businesses which you collect hourly via your phone.Here comes the worst bit about the game: The missions. There are hardly any of them. The game can be completed in less than four hours probably, and most of the missions do not have cutscenes. Some missions aren't even missions at all, just introductions to certain activities. Also, as a previous reviewer has already said, DLC is already available for purchase, showing Volition Inc. to be one of the bad developers or THQ as a bad publisher who deliberately hold back content from the game to sell for more money. There is also a subscription programme, which allows you to buy all of the future DLC now to save money and download it when it releases. They are even selling the cheat codes! There is also an online pass, another of the evils of the gaming world. Overall, the game is really fun but is spoiled by it's occasional glitches, short length and online pass. 8/10 for the game, 3/10 for the developer/publishers attitude towards fans. Expand
  21. Nov 21, 2011
    The game doesn't get boring at all. Tons of fun to play. Reminds me of back when the GTA series weren't so serious. The character customization is cool. It could have a few more voice choices, but you could easily spend hours just customizing cars or doing side missions for respect or cash.
  22. Jan 10, 2012
    Saints Row the Third is the first game I have played in years where when it ended I was actually sad that the game was over. It was not only the most fun I have had playing a game in a forever, it was also the first game I have played in years on the PS3 that did not lock-up, hang indefinitely on a loading screen, turn into a choppy slideshow because the save file got too big, or any other **** It is a game that is a joy to play, and my mind is totally blown that there are people who are mad about this game and can't just enjoy it for being the most perfect game released to date on the PS3. If you enjoy things that are fun, or things that are rad, you should buy this game immediately. Expand
  23. Nov 25, 2012
    This game is so much fun! I just can't get enough of it, i love the humor and i love the gameplay! only driving is pretty much crap but thats it! this is definitly one of my favorite games.
  24. Jan 8, 2012
    I am a huge fan of sandbox games, that being said this is right up my ally, i have played for about 18 hours so far and i am about halfway through......alot of fun , upgradable weapons, fun story line...... i didn't just run through, i started by buying up all the property , then maxxing out the upgrades on the weapons, then playing the story line .... makes it alot more fun to plow through enemies in early missions...... similar to the second one with better graphics ........ picked up for 38 bucks from best buy, definitively worth it....... Collapse
  25. Jul 27, 2013
    One of the most creative games I've ever played. It takes open world gameplay and mixes it up with all sorts of absurdity. It's constantly throwing new things at you. Whether you're sticking to the story mode or just completing side tasks to take over the city for your gang you never know what's around the next corner. The story missions are awesome and combine unbelievable action set pieces with hilarious dialog and moments. Side missions task you with doing various challenges in order to earn money and control sections of the city. These are almost always fun, but the game does have a few lame and tedious side-missions. You can also buy tons of property that help you take controls of the city, and by doing so you get a steady flow of cash coming in that can be used to new clothes or some of the many upgrades to your character, cribs, and weapons. I have to say that the actual story behind this game is very well written. Aside from making me laugh it also made me care about its characters, and that's something I wasn't expecting. It also has some great co-op content like a hoard mode clone (called "Whored Mode"), and the entire campaign is playable in co-op. Outside of some lame side-missions the only other complaint I have with this game is some light glitches I encountered, but they never hindered my enjoyment of this game. Saints Row: The Third never managed to disappoint. It made me laugh and gave me easy access to some insanely awesome firepower and vehicles. So if you're looking for an insanely funny and absurd fun game with craziness galore then this is for you. Expand
  26. Dec 2, 2011
    I usually steer clear of games like this. I tried Saints Row 1&2, and while I could respect them for what they were trying to accomplish, they still fell into the same "just don't care" category as GTA. I'm not a huge fan of "gangsta life," rarely enjoy sophomoric humor involving pimps and prostitutes, and can't get satisfaction from cop-killing and other criminal activities. Games are an escapist experience for me, and I typically prefer more fantasy or sci-fi inspired settings, and if a game chooses to depict a more realistic modern setting, I will only pay attention to it if the story and themes are highly original. That being said, Saints Row: The Third doesn't meet any of those deeper, escapist qualities that I mentioned, nor does it depict anything realistic in its loose "gangsta" themes. This third entry takes the series in a new direction, and the result has more in common with Twisted Metal or Just Cause than Grand Theft Auto. This is the kind of on-screen madness that I can get on-board with. For someone who is still playing Dark Souls, The Witcher 2, Assassin's Creed: Revelations, and Skyrim, a little stupid fun can go a long way towards cheering me up. SRTT aims to make you smile, and all of its ridiculous humor makes you realize just how funny games can be when they don't take themselves seriously. Sure, you still kill cops and blow s*** up constantly, but in SRTT, it all feels so idiotic and over-the-top, that you half-expect the same characters that you chopped up with a chainsaw or threw out of a 40th floor window to get up and laugh it off, followed by another vain attack against your easily overpowered character. Now, that's not to say that the game is a breeze; it can be quite challenging on the highest of its three difficulty settings. But it also rewards you for practically everything you do, from near misses in traffic to a chain of headshots, making it an unlikely comparison to games like Elder Scrolls in its open-world RPG elements. On that note, the character creation and continuous customization rival the best role-playing titles on the market. You can also upgrade weapons, get vehicles, and purchase property. It's weird to admit this, but after playing Saints Row: The Third, you start to wonder why more serious RPGs don't incorporate these gameplay components on a consistent basis. There's no denying that the game is well-constructed, and even though the campaign will only last about 15 hours, it includes enough content to extend play to the 30 or 40-hour mark. That's not including the countless hours you could spend on multiplayer and other modes, and DLC is already showing up on the network. In the end, Saints Row: The Third is exactly as advertised - an adult playground with a stupid amount of toys to help you waste time, but you may be surprised by the lasting value you get out of such a mindless experience. I certainly was. Expand
  27. Nov 20, 2011
    Just a pure fun game, I wish games focused on more fun based activities then cinematic's and such because I play for the fun.
    I know some of it may be immature and offensive but If you don't like that then avoid the game, for the more open minded I know you will love it.
  28. Jan 5, 2012
    First things first this game is not Grand Theft Auto and it is not trying to be like GTA this game may let you steal vehicles and let you kill people and also have guns but that is where the similarities stop this game is ment to be a good time and that is all it is trying to do which is provide a good time to the person playing it and it does an amazing job in this regard and i even think this game is better than GTA. this game is not realistic and should not be taken too seriously by this i mean just go into this game ready to accept everything that is happening and you will have a blast. the graphics arent the best and they may tend to swear for no reason at times but this can overlooked easily once you have started playing because there is just so much to do once the initial story is done and you will want to reach 100% to play all of the really fun and funny side missions. this game is defenatly not ment for little kids so make sure they are out of the room when you play otherwise you might have to explain to your parents why your little brother or sister is wondering what a di!do is. do yourself a favor and get this game it is full of laughs and is a great ride Expand
  29. Jan 19, 2012
    Outrageous. Insane. Comical. Those are the 3 words to best describe the madness that is Saints Row: The Third. Much like the previous installments, this is an open world game which doesn't take itself (or anything else for that matter) very seriously. The game throws a variety of missions at you and allows you to play how you want. It rarely forces you to follow any specific rules. There are tons of upgrades and side-missions to do so that you never feel any sense of tedium. The best part about this game is all the technical improvements Volition made to the game. Usually, developers make their sequels "bigger" and with "more options" and fix only the most obvious issues. Volition gave this installment a complete overhaul. It looks much better, loads very fast, runs at a smooth framerate, and has almost no apparent glitches (I spent 40 hours with the game, didn't experience a single one). The only negative about this installment is that there are fewer options to customize your character, vehicles, and crib (your home) than in Saints Row 2, which I found surprising but still, there are plenty of options. While it may lack the refinement and polish of GTA IV, I would say that I've had more fun with the Saints Row games and overall, this is the best title in the series. Expand
  30. Jan 22, 2012
    I'm so tired of games that take themselves too seriously. The GTA rip-offs that try to be all deep and dramatic, but come off as cheap, trite wastes of money. Saints Row: The Third is the complete opposite of this. From start to finish it is over-the-top action-packed fun. The storyline is rather silly, but after all isn't the point of gaming to be entertained? Sex toys, multi-barreled shotguns, Luchadores, and Japanese games shows make this one of the best crime games ever made. Expand
  31. Feb 4, 2012
    Great game fellas. I really noticed this franchise for the first time at the EB games EXPO in Australia. It looked quirky and silly and fun. I'd have to say that it is all three of these. The game play is extremely enjoyable. What does take fun out of it a little is the Save game system that can sometimes have you backtracking a little too far. I would also like to see in games now is some more comprehensive and re-visitable tutorials for some of the games you don't play all of the time. Especially, when you put the game down and don't play for a while. Game manuals need to become a thing of the past, even if they are on a website. I enjoy the customisable characters which are to the point of absurdity and amusement. All in all I think the game has a better sense of humour than it's obvious comparison GTA. Great game. Expand
  32. Mar 3, 2012
    For a game to make me want to strive to get a Platinum is tough. This game just sucks you in with it's absurdity. Saints Row 2 was easily comparable to the old Grand Theft Auto, I feel as if Saints Row: The Third can now be labelled as it's own game. While it could be compared to old Grand Theft Auto, it does so many things that stray away from other games that it develops it's own originality. The game is funny, weird and most important, a blast to play. Even online, which I thought was going to be a total disaster surprised me. The only complaint I have about it is the antagonist(s). It's one whole gang, a.k.a. "The Syndicate," whom I thought was a joke the entire game. Nevertheless, if you want just a fun game to play that'll keep you hooked for hours, this is it. 9/10. Loved it. Expand
  33. Aug 18, 2012
    Saints Row 3 is very much the same game from 2008, Saint Row 2. Saints Row 3 builds upon it predecessors by improving the graphics, more variety in customization, and a heck of a lot more to do. This cross between Sims and GTA is a fantastic realization of what an open world game should be.
  34. Dec 6, 2011
    This game is Grand Theft Auto on acid. I haven't had so much fun playing a game in a LONG time. I was getting really bored of the same generic games over and over and thought I'd give SR a try, I'm really glad I did for me it's the game of the year.
  35. Dec 31, 2011
    wow..
    this game is totally insane,,
    we can do anything in city..
    like mods car and playing as a gangster to gain a turf from the other game..

although this game has a less story but the game play is so fun..
    yap recomended for playing this game..
  36. Nov 20, 2011
    Best open world game to DATE!!!! Its stupid, funny, over the top fun. Great game and would recommend to anyone with a love for the open world action genre.
  37. Nov 20, 2011
    Fun Fun Fun, made even better with the absence of any other games in the same genre recently. I highly recommend it if you want a fun game to play, other releases recently have been a bit serious. This is a bit more chilled out. shooting hookers in the head ftw
  38. Dec 10, 2011
    Saints Row: The Third changes enough to distinguish itself from its predecessor and from the Grand Theft Auto series but keeps much of what we like about sandbox games the same. The graphics look fine, but don't hold a candle to some of this generation's more graphically obsessed titles like Uncharted 3 and Battlefield 3. The new setting of Steelport (moving away from Stillwater, the setting of the first two Saints Row games), feels a lot like the setting of its predecessors, but it's a colourful and vibrant city. It's not huge, but it's big enough. The mission structure has been tweaked so you don't have to travel to a specific location to get your mission, but select from the missions currently available from your phone, which is also used for everything else in the game. You can use it to look at the map, check your stats, call for backup, and so on. Other than that, you still go to locations, do what people tell you, complete the mission, do whatever you want until you trigger then next mission, and then repeat. But all of the missions are just so much fun that it's worth mentioning. Remember the bank heist mission in GTA IV, and how much fun that was? Now imagine a sandbox where almost every mission is as fun as that. That's what this is. All the missions manage to engage you and entertain you without getting old, which is remarkable. The story is good, and although the campaign is pretty short, there's tons to keep you busy. There's tons of activities, much like in the second game, but this time there's less of them, and instead of having one location where you play through six levels one after the other, there's now only one level on each activity, but the activity has several different locations, all with different difficulty levels. There's also some collectibles and there's co-op, which is a lot of fun. Other than that, the shooting is functional, driving feels fast and fun, and most importantly, getting around doesn't feel like a chore. In air, on sea or on land, transportation is always enjoyable. There are a few bugs, glitches and freezes here and there, but they don't happen TOO often. Good points:
    -Always fun
    -Good story, filled with humour
    -Co-op is a blast
    -The crazy stuff

Bad points:
    -Short
    -Some glitches
  39. Dec 28, 2011
    Stupid, Crazy over the top fun. If you want a serious sandbox game, this is not the game for you. If you wanna DDT a hooker and shoot people while falling from an areoplane then this is the game for you. With great customisation for your character as well as your car and also leveling up this game isn't short on depth. If you're the sort of person that get's easily sided tracked in GTA and ends up getting arrested for blowing away someone who bumped into you in the street, this game was made for you. Expand
  40. Nov 21, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Saints Row The Third has to be the most fun I've had playing a game all year (except maybe Portal 2). I have played (and finished) just about every blockbuster this year and this game wins out on the fun factor. From zombies to having shootouts while skydiving I was never bored. The story is a bit of an after thought, however, your character is pretty hilarious, especially when dealing with other main characters. The graphics are improved over the last outing, but still have a long way to go before they are considered "top tier" like Uncharted 3. When it comes to pure gameplay on the other hand this game shines. The variety, the gunplay, the brawling, the insanity, it never really gets old. I urge everyone to try this game and if possible with online co-op, it makes it so much better. Expand
  41. Nov 22, 2011
    It certainly does not take itself seriously, and just when you least expect it, it throws Burt Reynolds at your face. It's safe to say that Volition are now the kings of sandbox games, a title I'm sure Rockstar is hoping to reclaim. An incredibly fun game, that'll have you laughing till the end.
  42. Dec 6, 2011
    Never a dull moment. While Saints Row 3 offers no innovative features to its predecessor it is nothing sort of a amazing game. The missions are fantastic, challenging and offer an exciting experience, and a very epic ending. This game is often compared to GTA (because they are the same genre) and is a great contender against such a franchise. I highly recommend buying this game you will not regret it. Mind blowing...cannot wait to play DLC. Expand
  43. Dec 15, 2011
    THQ really show's how it can stand up to any sandbox game like GTA and still stand tall the game is awesome the costumes are hilarious and the characters are as lively as they used to be in sants row 2 its fun with a coop partner and very colorful all in all definitely a prefect 10
  44. Dec 26, 2011
    I found the 'Choices' the game gives you slightly annoying in that it doesn't allow you that "Third option" you can choose if you're split between one choice or the other. That is my only gripe with this game.

Saint's Row: The Third is fun yet challenging, with its own goofy style and an ability to let your imagination run wild with the customization options, and in my opinion it's the
    same as Saint's Row 2, only better in many ways.

There is some FPS lag, and some glitches, but I expect those to be patchable, so that shouldn't remain an issue much longer.

If you like arcade-game fun and like to be creative, then this is the game for you. If you'd rather play a game that takes itself seriously.. then look elsewhere.
  45. Jan 30, 2012
    This is Saints Row.... the Website review points suck! They have been smoking drugs or something similar to that when making the reviews... for real! This game deserves a 9 in my opinion. It's not meant to be a GTA game. It's made to "look fun" and big. The best thing about this game is the story telling. You always do something different in the story... ALWAYS. It's insane and mother F%"#king fun. The characters are born comedians. You can't describe it with words... but the game is feels like watching a 5 star comedian movie with insane and wild story telling. Now the graphics... The graphics are good in my opinion but they still suck. It's not the developers fault, but the consoles can't handle modern graphics anymore. That's why we need new consoles or I won't buy new games through next year even if it will make me insane and bored. If you want this game I would recommend it buying it for the PC if you have a GTX 560 card or Radeon 6670 or something above. Now the negative things about this game... I didn't like the skill system at all... there are about 200 skills you can upgrade. Yeah it sounds very good, but 70% of the skills are useless and waste of money. Sound weird right now... but most times it feels like the skills doesn't have an effect at all in your combat. They feel boring and not creative at all. Very classic skills like the old games. And why make 300 skills? And they throw all the skills in your face already at the beginning... very confusing... most of them are boring skills and you can't deside what you want to buy. You can actually complete the whole game without these 300 skills... you don't have use any of them except Health and Damage upgrades... then the 280 other skills are waste of good time by the developers site. Those people who have tried the game would understand me. But I really loved... not liked bot loved the story. Good car customization system too. But the weapons are just as boring as the skills. You don't feel that any of the weapons feel special to you. You know.. you don't feel that they are rare.. you just know they can shoot. But you have to try this game out before you die one day. Fun, comic, insane, beautiful on PC, top story, many hours of gameplay, MANY side missions, always something to do, fun to spend times with airplanes and other vehicles, zombies, very good character customization, many clothes, many cribs... good game. Buy it. Expand
  46. Jan 15, 2012
    I can't say enough about how fun this game is. This is what a video game is all about. The gameplay is entertaining, the plot is good, the mini games are fun, plenty of time to put into the game and there are plenty of laugh out loud moments. Do yourself a favor and go give it a try.
  47. Feb 23, 2012
    This game is tons of fun and has a great deal of hilarious antics and variety. It's like GTA on steriods and stays fresh throughout the the campaign. Fun for hours!
  48. Feb 24, 2012
    My all time Favorite game. it is so awesome with the character creation and just to hijack cars and stuff like that. the game is really about stopping the syndicates and to destroy them. with a bunch of stuff to do like buy stores, fly planes jump off a building and fall to your death. This Sandbox game is awesome and is The Worlds greatest game in my opinion. it even comes with something called whored mode which is you surviving waves of whoreds of zombies, people, and other things. There is so much to do in Saints Row The Third i would defiantly recommend it to who ever is reading this review by TheGamingStar... 11/10 Expand
  49. Mar 5, 2012
    BEST GAME EVER CREATED!!! Hands down, whatever that means, it is the most enjoyable experience I've ever had playing a video game. Unbelievably tight controls, graphics are great, and the storyline is an absolute blast. The only thing you wish for is that it never ends and that you can live in the fabolous city of Steelport and never leave. An incredible leap from the previous game in terms of graphics and controls. The added content is fun, although short, if you got the season pass its well worth it. I cant praise this game enough in overall quality, comedy, and production value. Its the ultimate free roaming game that asks you to have fun playing it and if you have a great Howard Stern type sense of humor than you'll definitely enjoy this more than any other game ever made. Thank you Saints Row and please make another!!! Expand
  50. Apr 23, 2012
    You have to have a lot of balls to compete with grand theft auto. And the developers of Saints Row have balls. Saints Row newest installment is the best of the series in my opinion and competes very well with grand theft auto. These type of games are without question the most controversial games on the market, but yet the most fun. The customization is so broad in this game unlike where grand theft auto has restrictions. Now even though the graphics aren't that good, i don't care as long as i get to beat up a hooker with a **** bat. The game is so over the top and one of the most amusing games on the market. I strongly suggest this game if your into the grand theft auto like games because this game will provide hours and hours of entertainment. Possibly the most underrated game of 2011 Expand
  51. Mar 18, 2012
    Saints Row: The Third is the GTA that I had hoped GTA IV would be: filled with ridiculous, over the top action and a no-boundaries philosophy on fun. If I want to strip naked and supplex an innocent pedestrian, I damn well will, and Saints Row embraces that sense of desire to just let loose. Saints Row 3 ups the ante on silliness by miles in comparison to the previous titles (and to anything else released all year). The game brings forth an enjoyable plot, plenty of customization, mayhem and a surprisingly good combat system. Expand
  52. Apr 1, 2012
    Not the best game I've played lately, but definitely the most fun. I actually really liked the driving mechanics personally, I thought they were the perfect touch of arcade to let you zoom around like a maniac, but still most vehicles felt and handled quite differently. The missions are really varied, some more fun to play than others, but it's all extremely entertaining and over-the-top to watch. My personal favourite touch, because it's such an insane and off-the-wall addition, was a parody of a text adventure you have to play at some point. Of course, there are many more "traditionally" crazy and over-the-top moments as well.

Also the character creator is seriously excellent, I never bother with them, but I was surprised to find myself spending a good couple of hours creating different characters because it's just that good. Check out youtube videos of celebrities created in saints row if you want examples.
  53. Jun 13, 2012
    This was my first PS3 game (The reason for buy PS3) and it is a very fun game, in-mature but fun, you have lots of side missions, you can travel to any point since the beginning, the character costumes are insane, you can make a extremely hot girl and dress her properly or play without clothes, the VTOL plane is awesome. It is an easy game in medium difficulty and short but the side missions and the "activities" make the fun part. You get all very fast and that is what i liked because i don't have much time to play.
    GTA is a great game too, harder and more long, you have to earn everything.
  54. Oct 2, 2013
    I've never been a fan of sandbox games until this game. Pure escapist fun. This is one of the most ridiculously over the top fun games you will ever play. It has everything in it. You'll know what I mean once you play it. It feels like you are playing in a crazy over the top action movie like Crank. The gameplay, controls, graphics, game design, etc. are all flawless. Very easy game to just jump into which is a huge achievement considering the amount of content in these kind of sandbox style games. This game outdoes itself. Expand
  55. Jun 8, 2012
    Probably one of the most fun games I've played in awhile. The ridiculousness of the characters and items to the funny missions makes this game a keeper. This game goes back to the days of when games were about having fun rather than making a serious blockbuster. Yes it doesn't have the best visuals but the customization and enjoyment in playing this made me overlook that fact.
  56. Aug 14, 2012
    One of the most fun entertaining games. I think the purple **** is a little over the top but can live with it. I like how cool the gang members dress,look and act. It would be great to see a bit more mafia and little less bathroom humor.
  57. Oct 29, 2012
    A likeable exciting whirlwind of a game that entertains and excites throughout, some great adult humour and a rather fun storyline will keep you entertained until GTA5 and beyond
  58. Mar 25, 2013
    HOLY SH*T THIS GAME IS LIKE ONE OF THOSE INSANE AND OVER-THE-TOP GAMES. I LOVE THE WAY THEY EXAGGERATE EVERYTHING AND IT S KIND OF FUNNY AT TIMES. YOU CAN SPEND HOURS IN JUST TAKING OUT GANG OPERATION AND AROUND WITH THE COPS WITHOUT DYING!! BEST OF ALL, CUSTOMIZE. U CAN CUSTOMIZE ALOT OF THINGS. UR CHARECTER, VEHICLES, HOMIES, THOSE SORT OF THINGS!! so yeah i sometimes dont understand y GTA is more popular than Saint Rows honestly. Expand
  59. Jun 27, 2013
    The bes game I've played in all 2011! I hope Saints Row 4 is like this or even better. It would seriously be impressive. Go THQ! Can't wait to see you next time!
  60. May 17, 2013
    I enjoyed this title. It reminds me of Vice City which I absolutely adored. There's boats, cars, girls, and excitement to be had.

My one complaint is the camera on the car is stuck in 3rd person. Overall I like the freedom.
  61. Jul 2, 2013
    Best sandbox since RDR. There is so much to do. It is really fun. Do yourself a favor and buy this game. It is worth it. It has a lasting effect that a lot of games lack.
  62. Jul 18, 2013
    This game is underrated. It's unrealistic, but that's why I love this game so much. The story was good, driving was excellent, and it was funny. Very good game, I did not regret buying it. I even liked it a little bit more than GTA IV, just because SR III was unrealistic, which is perfect for that type of game.
  63. Nov 19, 2013
    Grandisimo juego,bueno voy a valorarlo: Jugabilidad:Uno de los mejores en jugabilidad,estoy metido en el juego,tiene infinitas posibilidades para hacer lo que quieras,robar coches,matar asesinos o policias,crear tu propia banda,sus colores,editar tu personaje con infinidad de posibilidades y encima puedes escuchar la musica en el coche tuya propia que quieras. Tecnología: Tiene muchisimas armas,coches,misiones variadas y un mapa extenso e increible,te gustara mas que el 2. Gráficos: Son mucho mejores que el 2 aunque tiene algunos fallos,pero nada que estropee lo juegazo que es. Sonido: De lo mejorcito,una pena que no este en español,eso pierde mucho la verdad,no me gusta oirlo todo en otro idioma.. Innovación: Imnovaron muchisimo respecto al 2 y la verdad es que no me ha decepcionado,juegazo sin duda,un IMPRESCINDIBLE para cualquier jugador que le guste pasarla haciendo el gamberro con accion,risas y diversion!! Expand
  64. Jan 8, 2012

1. So over the top it makes Jerry Bruckheimer and Michael Bay look restrained. This is an absolute laugh riot throughout. [Dec 2011, p66]
  2. Jan 18, 2012
    Saints Row: The Third is a video game, and it revels in that fact. Along with providing one of the best story modes of this hardware generation (complete with co-op), it comes with near-limitless ways for players to make their own fun when that story is exhausted, or when they want a break from the rollercoaster. These days, most video games do not live up to their original asking price. Saints Row: The Third does, and then some.
  3. Jan 10, 2012
    Saints Row is a playground for adults, a not so subtle satire of modern culture and entertainment. It's also the opposite of Grand Theft Auto. It's very rough around the edges, unfortunately, and isn't that much different from its predecessor. Still, it's proper fun.