Shadows of the Damned PlayStation 3

8.1

1. May 9, 2012
    I fell for EA's marketing trick again. This is the worst game that I've played in 2012, worse than FF13-2 by a mile. The boss fights are the most outdated, cheap and frustrating fights that I've played in a long time. I don't think I played a game that has this badly designed bosses since the PS2 days. The controls are cluncky, the hitboxes on the enemies are way to small. I stoppedI fell for EA's marketing trick again. This is the worst game that I've played in 2012, worse than FF13-2 by a mile. The boss fights are the most outdated, cheap and frustrating fights that I've played in a long time. I don't think I played a game that has this badly designed bosses since the PS2 days. The controls are cluncky, the hitboxes on the enemies are way to small. I stopped playing at 5-2 because I simply don't want to continue torturing myself. Don't bother playing this game. Expand
  2. Jun 2, 2013
    The main character was pretty cool I guess. The graphics are also pretty decent. I couldn't finish it, it's the only PS3 title that I immediately returned to the store. The game was strange, game-play seemed off, and it's psychedelic atmospheric was headache inducing. Dialog was as not funny, it was all bad puns and PG-13 sexual innuendo. I feel guilty writing such a negative review for aThe main character was pretty cool I guess. The graphics are also pretty decent. I couldn't finish it, it's the only PS3 title that I immediately returned to the store. The game was strange, game-play seemed off, and it's psychedelic atmospheric was headache inducing. Dialog was as not funny, it was all bad puns and PG-13 sexual innuendo. I feel guilty writing such a negative review for a fairly polished and high rated title, but I just didn't get it. Expand

1. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Oct 6, 2011
    We're not entirely sure who's going to play this game, or even who it's ultimately suited for. People who are fans of Mikami and Suda will no doubt snap it up without a thought, and so will those who are tired of the 'usual' slew of action games. Sure, Shadows of the Damned has character and shows of incredible, grotesque and inventive beats, but as a game it's left lacking. [August 2011 p70]
  2. Sep 4, 2011
    The game delivers what you might expect from two iconic developers. Unique story, plenty of grindhouse-style visuals and slightly lackluster gameplay. Fans of these auteurs will be pleased. Parents of impressionable youths will not.
  3. Aug 18, 2011
    If it wasn't for the not-for-everyone grind house aesthetic of the game and the short play length, Shadows of the Damned would be a slam dunk recommendation. If you want some grindhouse and road movie in your game, this is the experience just for you. Even if you're a horror fan who's looking for something a little less serious than Dead Space of the latest F.E.A.R. title, you may just find what you're looking for here as well.