6.8

1. Mar 18, 2011
    No! You just can't decently mix all that makes good adventures to create a fresh new one. But unfortunatly Double Helix did that for their SH Homecoming. The result of this? An untasty adventure guided by soulless protagonists, a nurse here a Pyramid Head there without any explanation.
    And how can the developpers explain the huge gap between the quality of the ordinary monsters design (the modelization of dogs and nurses was better on PS2... that's a limit for the first and big return of the series on new gen!) and the one of the different bosses (only good point of the game, maybe the best bosses of the all series! The most difficult to get rid of too...)? How can they explain the awful fight system (unplayable! In addition, the hero can't run away anymore...) and the level design coming from the age of the first 3D games on PS one?
    Shattered Memories gave me hope in the future of the SH license. Homecoming sank me back into despair...
    The Vatra Team will have to be careful for the chapter to come. SH Downpour is seen by lots of fans like me as the last chance for the series to recover even just an ounce of glory.

A bit of a letdown. The gameplay has been reduced from a tense psychological experience fraught with spine tingling jumps and scares to a generic, predictable action title set in the location with good graphics and a great soundtrack.
  2. The folks at Double Helix gave me the Silent Hill I wanted: a nerve-racking, scary as hell experience to hold me over this Halloween season. Any fan of Silent Hill should be checking this out, and anyone just needing a good scare can join in the Homecoming.
  3. American developer Double Helix has managed to stick its landing—right in the uneasy, dark parts of the mind that define the Silent Hill experience.