5.0

1. Feb 28, 2011
    One of the worst plots and shortest campaigns I have EVER seen. Certainly this game deserves its bad reviews, its clunky, buggy and can't compete with the likes of COD and Battlefield. There are enjoyable elements such as being able to blow off limbs (crude i know, but we all know it's fun) but overall this game belongs in the bargain bin at best.
  2. Aug 22, 2012
    Well, this game can be fun at times, but it is really not that fun. There are many difficult parts in the game where you can lose your mind. Most graphics feel wooden. It is a nice game, but clearly not "great".
  3. TimD.
    Dec 4, 2007
    1st thing of note is finally someone is taking advantage of 1080p. The graphics are great and the draw distances are really dynamic. That aside the game play is a bit of a let down. The AI is essentially retarded. Either the guys will run right at you and sometimes right past you or they will just stand there mindlessly and shoot at you. Its also kind of stupid that your dropping everyone with single shot kills but when you get to the level bosses, they are virtually indestrucible. To cap everything else, the ending is about as dumb as can be. Unfortunately not many people play online. The online play is decent but lacks in number of Maps. Recommend rental. Collapse

Soldier of Fortune: Payback has one thing going for it: excessive dismemberment. Everything else is standard stuff for a shooter. Yet, I must admit, that I get a guilty pleasure playing Payback. Though it's not a good game, it's still fun to see body parts fly.
    If you are a fan of the series and can handle some of the hang-ups found in this latest chapter then by all means snatch it up, I know I could use more people online to play with. However, most FPS gamers looking for the next best thing will find Payback a bit too much on the derivative side to warrant its full price tag.
  3. I can clearly see a solid game here; it's just that it is really marred by a poor framerate and boring campaign structure. It doesn't offer much value as a single-player game, and with a barren online community, it most certainly doesn't have any multiplayer value to speak of.